PDA

View Full Version : Through the Fire

Bruin Blitz
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
It's coming up after Bracketology. It's the documentary on Sebastion Telfair. Are you going to watch it?

03-12-2006, 06:45 PM
i'll probably watch a re-run later this week

S4L
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
It seems interesting, but I have a short attention span. HELLO FAMILY GUY!

Boston
03-12-2006, 06:48 PM
It seems interesting, but I have a short attention span. HELLO FAMILY GUY!

:D

jetsfan3
03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Never heard of it.

Whistler6
03-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I actually was planning on watching it till I realized there is a new FAMILY GUY on tonight..cant miss that! I probably watch a re-run when it comes on again. It looks like it will be really interesting

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes. I love documentarys. They are the only movies I watch.

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 07:21 PM
This is very good. Louisville lol, yeah right

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
That was very good. By far the best ESPN original film, which isnt saying much but it was still amazing.

Bruin Blitz
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Sebastion Telfair = ownage. Awesome player.

dafujz
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
It was really well made, good documentary. The end gives us a glimpse of the future of the little one, he was shakin! :P

cartmanclone
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
It was solid

03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I liked it. It kind of reminded me of hoop dreams a little.

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I havent had the oppurtunity to see him play in the NBA yet. Is he good ?or just another high school bust? I liked his family and how they dealt with the situation and the s**t they had to go through but Telfair seemed like a cocky arrogant bastard. I just realized I graduated in 04. Instead of being a NBA lottery pick I now post on an online NFL draft message board posing as a C-List celebrity. What the f**k has my life become.

Bruin Blitz
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know the name of the featured song? That song is nuts.

cartmanclone
03-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I havent had the oppurtunity to see him play in the NBA yet. Is he good ?or just another high school bust? I liked his family and how they dealt with the situation and the s**t they had to go through but Telfair seemed like a cocky arrogant bastard. I just realized I graduated in 04. Instead of being a NBA lottery pick I now post on an online NFL draft message board posing as a C-List celebrity. What the f**k has my life become.

Fred, have you gotten help or something. YOu seem to be doubting yourselve and your originnalities

Bruin Blitz
03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
It was really well made, good documentary. The end gives us a glimpse of the future of the little one, he was shakin! :P

Yeah, his little brother owns. Hopefull UCLA can pick him up. :P Solid movie though. Sebastion is pretty good though, in the NBA. Nothing special though. 9 points a game.

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 09:13 PM

Fred, have you gotten help or something. YOu seem to be doubting yourselve and your originnalities
Cartmanclone, whet r u taking abouut. I dont no what you meen. What originnalites are you refering two.

cartmanclone
03-12-2006, 09:14 PM

Cartmanclone, whet r u taking abouut. I dont no what you meen. What originnalites are you refering two.

your weirdness

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 09:18 PM

your weirdness
Oh, I am not acting as weird as I was before? Is that what your trying to get at? I dont know, I am positive I am bi-polar so maybe that has something to with it. Or all of my material has gotten old, and the mods delete my random threads now anyway so it doesnt matter. Off Topic clearly says anything besides football. Have a nice day.

WildDude
03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
awesome docementry- they need more like it really great story and i loved how he dissed l'ville, hes not a bust yet hes just had injury problems but he'll break out once he gets outta portland cause he aint gettin the minutes he deserves

moc182
03-12-2006, 09:27 PM
That was very good. By far the best ESPN original film, which isnt saying much but it was still amazing.

I think you need to be introduced to a little film called "3" my friend.

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM

I think you need to be introduced to a little film called "3" my friend.
I love you moc. We share the same humor.

moc182
03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
And a mutual love of Roger Lodge.

cravedog
03-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Telfair is decent but he will never be as good as he thinks he is until he can hit the NBA three. He's still really young, so he's got time. I think he can be a top 3 point guard in the NBA eventually.

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
he will never be as good as he thinks he is
Thats an understatement. Damn that was a good documentary. I hope ESPN does everyone a favor and stops making horrible movies. They should follow this up with a bunch of documentarys.

03-12-2006, 10:18 PM
The funny thing is that he got draft by Portland. That is the sad ending to his life.

Fred Savage
03-12-2006, 10:26 PM
One thing I was wondering the whole time. Who was that creepy old guy who kept talking to him. He reminded me of a mobster or something. Was that some NBA scout or something.

Bruin Blitz
03-12-2006, 10:27 PM
What was the song in the beggining and end of the movie?

snuff
03-12-2006, 11:14 PM
What was the song in the beggining and end of the movie?Jay-z - Moment of Clarity from the Black Album.

Bruin Blitz
03-12-2006, 11:43 PM
What was the song in the beggining and end of the movie?Jay-z - Moment of Clarity from the Black Album.

Alright, thanks man. I had a feeling it was Jay-Z.

moc182
03-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Just watched the replay; very, very good.

WMD
03-13-2006, 02:28 AM
That was a good documentary.. I only caught the end of it, maybe the last half hour.. I dont' know, I always like seeing videos of players & their families reactions when getting drafted...

They need to make some more Documentaries.

moc182
03-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Make your own damn documentary, stop free loading off espn.

WMD
03-13-2006, 02:30 AM
Make your own damn documentary, stop free loading off espn.

Maybe I will, son.

moc182
03-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Can i be key grip?

WMD
03-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Can i be key grip?

You can grip yourself, jerky.

moc182
03-13-2006, 02:33 AM
That doesn't look so good.

Fogartynyy2789
03-13-2006, 11:38 AM
This is the best thing ESPN has come up since PTI. Its about time they got rid of this ESPN Hollywood and Knight School stuff and started working on real sports. Telfair's journey was both incredible and showed us just how much hype these guys really get with Jeter and Jay-Z showing up at the gym. Aside from the fact that Telfair comes across as a real AH it was great.

NewAgePack
03-13-2006, 04:32 PM
only thing that i thought was bad about him was when he he called errybody on the bus country other than that he's cool. i wish he would have played at louisville that would've been great to see, especially since i haven't even seen him play an NBA game. but he had to help his family and it was a really good documentary. hopefully he doesn't end up playing like his cousin stephon.

Scotty D
03-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Great documentary made me feel sorry for Rick Pitino.

WildDude
03-13-2006, 05:15 PM
One thing I was wondering the whole time. Who was that creepy old guy who kept talking to him. He reminded me of a mobster or something. Was that some NBA scout or something.

yea i saw that too and i was like whens that guy gonna go away!

harrison37
03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I was really impressed by that. I didnt even plan to watch it and was glued to the TV all night.

beef
03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I was really impressed by that. I didnt even plan to watch it and was glued to the TV all night.

me too. i was about to go to bed at like 1030 or so i think when i saw that it was on. so i watched and was stuck there til 1230 when it ended. it was good.

Matthew Jones
03-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Don't really listen to rap, but I really loved the main song from that movie. Watch, it won't be on iTunes...(checks.) Missed most of the documentary, though. Want to get the DVD.

shavedaeyebrow2
03-13-2006, 08:57 PM
now i love sebastian telfair, he seems like a nice guy, i'm definietly gunna root for him in the nba

Gang Green
03-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Thats my block.

cartmanclone
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
now i love sebastian telfair, he seems like a nice guy, i'm definietly gunna root for him in the nba

what about the other 14 dudes on that team that won't have a chance, and will be stuck in there like that Tick Boom guy

shavedaeyebrow2
03-13-2006, 09:06 PM

what about the other 14 dudes on that team that won't have a chance, and will be stuck in there like that Tick Boom guy
it was about sebastian so i got a feel for sebastian, not any of the other people

WildDude
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM

it was about sebastian so i got a feel for sebastian, not any of the other people

well bassy will get a few of those guys out cause he dosent seem like a guy who'll ever froget his roots hes gonna be an amazing player once he gets out of portland cause remember how little jermaine played bassy is making more of his minutes and will be a hell of a player if he plays or gets traded

shavedaeyebrow2
03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
all he needs is tiem adn he will be amazing

WildDude
03-13-2006, 09:27 PM
he already is but i dont understand why he isnt seeing the court like he did the beginning of the season c'mon that guys better than Steve Blake! are they winning NOOOOOOo then frogettaboutit

moc182
03-13-2006, 09:34 PM
He doesn't fit in Nate McMillan's system at all. He has no freedom to do anything, McMillan wants him to more or less get the ball to Randolph and not commit turnovers. Here's a really good article about his struggles http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=2365168.

BucsBlazers34
03-14-2006, 12:30 PM
quit ripping my team the blazers! :evil: havent been able to watch it yet though. been too busy with school.

Fred Savage
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM
he seems like a nice guy
Are you serious? He seems like an arrogant, selfish, a**hole. "Hit that shot, my assist, my assist, hit my assist." He demands the coaches to keep track of his assist trying to break the record. Calls everyone country. Generally just acts like a jacka**. It was cool to see him play against Darius Washington Jr. in that one game. He is a beast at Memphis.

Keak Thee Sneak
03-14-2006, 12:39 PM
he seems like a nice guy
Are you serious? He seems like an arrogant, selfish, a**hole. "Hit that shot, my assist, my assist, hit my assist." He demands the coaches to keep track of his assist trying to break the record. Calls everyone country. Generally just acts like a jacka**. It was cool to see him play against Darius Washington Jr. in that one game. He is a beast at Memphis.

It's a game for fun. You make it seem as if he would do that in a game that actually mattered. I didn't know wanting someone else to make a shot is selfish.. news to me. The country thing is a joke. Those guys he was talking to could whoop the **** out of his little 6'0 ass. If they took it offensive they would have. Quit judging.

Fred Savage
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
You could tell he wasnt joking when he was calling everyone country. Also, he got in an argument with his coach every game. To me he seemed like a cocky prick. Doesnt matter if he assisting people, or trying to set a scoring record. The way he went trying to get the assist record was extremely selfish. He just wanted the personal glory as he did throughout the doc.

Keak Thee Sneak
03-14-2006, 12:46 PM
You could tell he wasnt joking when he was calling everyone country. Also, he got in an argument with his coach every game. To me he seemed like a cocky prick. Doesnt matter if he assisting people, or trying to set a scoring record. The way he went trying to get the assist record was extremely selfish. He just wanted the personal glory as he did throughout the doc.

Assists don't get you much glory unfortunately.. especially when you have 2 points. He sacrificed his shooting (which is terrible) to give others points. I don't think he'll ever be that good of a player but to judge him for what he did in high school is dumb. He is young, everyone was like that.

Fred Savage
03-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Let me take a page out of Keaks book....

If he was white he woudnt of acted like that :shock:

Matthew Jones
03-14-2006, 04:48 PM
I was wondering of any of you guys knew the name of that song that is playing in the trailer/commercial? Here's a link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ilJQsBLAIE0&search=sebastian%20telfair

Nerv
03-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Guys under 6 feet shouldnt jump straight to the NBA, a year maybe two at college would have done him a lot more good than riding the Portland bench for the next couple years. Though I will still take Shaun Livingston over Telfair 10 times outta 10.

BucsBlazers34
08-12-2006, 08:28 AM
now hes gonna ride the celtics bench! haha

S4L
08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
now hes gonna ride the celtics bench! haha

Wow. Thanks for bumping a 5 month old thread. YOU ROCK! :D

/sarcasm