PDA

View Full Version : Mallrats

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm watching this movie right now and it is really funny and a great movie. Anyone else seen this movie and/or liked it?

I just think it's too bad silent bob/director started making crap movies like Jersey girl.

BuckNaked
06-27-2006, 01:10 AM
I love that movie. Just watched it a couple of nights ago.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:11 AM
You're going to hell. The first command was mistranslated it actually says, speak no evil of Kevin Smith.

jetvilma51
06-27-2006, 01:12 AM
never saw it, is it old?, new?

06-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I loooooooooooooove Mallrats!

Man, that bastard's faster than Walt Flanagin's dog.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:14 AM
You're going to hell. The first command was mistranslated it actually says, speak no evil of Kevin Smith.

Well did you see Jersey Girl? I loved his other movies.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:15 AM
never saw it, is it old?, new?

It's from the 90's I think but it's pretty funny you should watch it.

America
good classic, real funny

SuperMcGee
Mallrats is a pretty good movie
I actually have a Mallrats shirt. Its eggplant colored. Total chick-magnet

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:16 AM

Read the fine print? :wink:

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:26 AM

Answer the question did you see Jersey Girl? Because I don't think it's possible to enjoy it.

moc182
06-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Probably my least favorite of the first 5 Kevin Smith movies, but it's still great.

Scott Wright
06-27-2006, 01:29 AM
Love it. I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and "Mallrats" is my favorite.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:30 AM

Blasphemy. Clerks is the best bar none. 8)

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:31 AM

Clerks is also a great movie.

moc182
06-27-2006, 01:31 AM

I'd go...

1.Clerks
2.Dogma
3.Chasing Amy
4.Jay and Silent Bob
5.Mallrats

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:32 AM

I'd go...

1.Clerks
2.Dogma
3.Chasing Amy
4.Jay and Silent Bob
5.Mallrats

You could swap 3 and 4 for me.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:32 AM

I'd go...

1.Clerks
2.Dogma
3.Chasing Amy
4.Jay and Silent Bob
5.Mallrats

Dogma is a pretty good movie but I wouldn't say it's better than Mallrats of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:33 AM

Answer the question did you see Jersey Girl? Because I don't think it's possible to enjoy it.

That wasn't Kevin Smith, that was his evil twin ERU, you can tell by the horrible stench.

America
06-27-2006, 01:33 AM

Why do you have to use the insanely small font??

VoteLynnSwan
06-27-2006, 01:34 AM
i've only seen these three, but this is the order that i'd put them

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Clerks is one of my favorite movies, and is a great film.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:35 AM

Why do you have to use the insanely small font??

For dramatic effect.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:35 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

i know it's in color, and I know it's only being made because jay is finally clean, but I'm still super excited for Clerks 2 this summer.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:36 AM

That wasn't Kevin Smith, that was his evil twin ERU, you can tell by the horrible stench.

Definitely Kevin Smith couldn't spew such filth out if he tried. Stupid Ben Affleck ruining everything.

VoteLynnSwan
06-27-2006, 01:37 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

i know it's in color, and I know it's only being made because jay is finally clean, but I'm still super excited for Clerks 2 this summer.

yea, i just recently heard about it, i really wanna see it too...

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:38 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Do you not want it to be in color? I really prefer color except for some older movies like Hitchcock's best were in black and white. But regardless there has been too little Jay and Silent Bob in my life since they struck back.

yodabear
06-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Never ******* seen it.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:40 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Do you not want it to be in color? I really prefer color except for some older movies like Hitchcock's best were in black and white. But regardless there has been too little Jay and Silent Bob in my life since they struck back.

The color takes away from the feel. Some movies need black and white as it feeds them, giving them more power and mroe creativity. 2 of my favorites in their respective categories are in black and white. Pi (Amongst all movies a fav.) and Clerks (amongst comedies a fav.)

America
06-27-2006, 01:41 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

The color takes away from the feel. Some movies need black and white as it feeds them, giving them more power and mroe creativity. 2 of my favorites in their respective categories are in black and white. Pi (Amongst all movies a fav.) and Clerks (amongst comedies a fav.)

You could go for the Sin City Style, black and white, and red.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:41 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

You could go for the Sin City Style, black and white, and red. :lol:

America
06-27-2006, 01:43 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

I see you found that movie as ridiculous as I did.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:44 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

I actually loved that movie but I just found your comment extremely amusing.

America
06-27-2006, 01:45 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Interesting, glad to see you found it amusing. What did you love about it? I loved Jessica Alba and those hooker wars.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:48 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Interesting, glad to see you found it amusing. What did you love about it? I loved Jessica Alba and those hooker wars.

Well i thought the cart . . . i mean graphic novels were kick ass and this movie was amazing in reproducing the exaggerated dark and violent nature of the city itsself. Making the characters all sick and sadastic while keeping values and codes of behavior that they determine for themselves.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 01:51 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Well i thought the cart . . . i mean graphic novels were kick ass and this movie was amazing in reproducing the exaggerated dark and violent nature of the city itsself. Making the characters all sick and sadastic while keeping values and codes of behavior that they determine for themselves.

I also liked Sin City because it was very different from most normal movies, and it was a very interesting story if a little far-fetched.

America
06-27-2006, 01:52 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

That's deep. One of my favorite parts was after the hooker tied up in the chair bit that girl the huge black guy slapped her across the room.

yodabear
06-27-2006, 01:52 AM

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:54 AM
[quote:95041d5274="VoteLynnSwan"]i've only seen these three, but this is the order that i'd put them

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

I also liked Sin City because it was very different from most normal movies, and it was a very interesting story if a little far-fetched.[/quote:95041d5274]

Dude it's supposed to be over the top. It's like a movie long shout out to hyperbole.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:55 AM
[quote:64772ff67c="VoteLynnSwan"]i've only seen these three, but this is the order that i'd put them

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

That's deep. One of my favorite parts was after the hooker tied up in the chair bit that girl the huge black guy slapped her across the room.[/quote:64772ff67c]

That's how i saw it, but I'm kinda artsy fartsy.

America
06-27-2006, 01:55 AM

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5567/iseewhat3ag0dx.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help it, I just love those owls

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 01:58 AM
My favorite scene was probably the opening with Josh Hartnett. 1 b/c i'd totally go gay for him. 2 b/c i just really have a weak spot for cool and cold assassins. 3 b/c i just loved how he didn't just pop a cap in her ass but rather escorted her into death.

America
06-27-2006, 02:00 AM
My favorite scene was probably the opening with Josh Hartnett. 1 b/c i'd totally go cool for him. 2 b/c i just really have a weak spot for cool and cold assassins. 3 b/c i just loved how he didn't just pop a cap in her ass but rather escorted her into death.

You are very artsy. I like how g a y is replaced with cool, very awesome. The part I didn't really like is when the guy came back yellow, that I thought was just stupid, maybe a deformed human but not a yellow freak thing who bleeds yellow. He got his balls ripped/shot off twice, sux to be him.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 02:01 AM
My favorite scene was probably the opening with Josh Hartnett. 1 b/c i'd totally go cool for him. 2 b/c i just really have a weak spot for cool and cold assassins. 3 b/c i just loved how he didn't just pop a cap in her ass but rather escorted her into death.

It's nice to see that you would go cool for him, but thats just a little strange, but that was a cool scene. I really liked the bad guy with the reflective glasses, I don't know why, he was just a good character.

America
06-27-2006, 02:03 AM

It's nice to see that you would go cool for him, but thats just a little strange, but that was a cool scene. I really liked the bad guy with the reflective glasses, I don't know why, he was just a good character.

If that was the guy who the really huge strong guy killed then I agree. He was pretty cool.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 02:09 AM

In case you didn't catch on i was kidding. Yeah Elijah Wood's character is pretty bad ass.

You are very artsy. I like how g a y is replaced with cool, very awesome. The part I didn't really like is when the guy came back yellow, that I thought was just stupid, maybe a deformed human but not a yellow freak thing who bleeds yellow. He got his balls ripped/shot off twice, sux to be him.

Yeah taht was kinda weird but i guess that was effective in showing what we'll subject even our family members through for them to ahve everything we want of them. Also makes him more nasty and evil.

Brodeur
06-27-2006, 02:12 AM

Anything with Elijah Wood in that movie was genius. Powers Boothe and Rutger Hauer also owned.

As far as Mallrats goes, I'd probably say it was my 3rd favorite Kevin Smith movie on the whole. It's not up to the standards of Clerks or even close to Chasing Amy(my personal favorite), but it's a fun comedy.

Nerv
06-27-2006, 03:15 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with Jason Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:

1. Mallrats (yes, I love Mallrats!!!)
2. Clerks
3. Dogma
4. Clerks Cartoon!!
5. Jay & Silent Bob
6. Chasing Amy

Never saw Jersey Girl never really plan on seeing it.

06-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with David Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nerv
06-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with David Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

clearly you must have quoted me incorrectly

06-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Bah! And there's no way Jason Mewes is ever clean. I mean, he's not a big heroin junkie anymore, but he has to be doing a ton of cocaine.

stephenson86
06-27-2006, 06:34 AM
can i get a hell yeh?

P-L
06-27-2006, 07:02 AM
I think I asked this before but who is excited for Clerks II?

Jughead10
06-27-2006, 07:14 AM
I think I asked this before but who is excited for Clerks II?

I am and I'm not at the same time. I wasn't that big of a fan of Jay and Silent Bobs Strike back. Also having it color is going to be weird.

Also, the more I think about it, I would probably rate Chasing Amy as my favorite Kevin Smith movie. Well, tied with Clerks of course. They are 1a and 1b.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Never seen it....

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 11:02 AM
can i get a hell yeh?

hell yeh

BuckNaked
06-27-2006, 11:03 AM
can i get a hell yeh?

hell yeh my boy!

Brodeur
06-27-2006, 11:04 AM

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with Jason Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:

1. Mallrats (yes, I love Mallrats!!!)
2. Clerks
3. Dogma
4. Clerks Cartoon!!
5. Jay & Silent Bob
6. Chasing Amy

Never saw Jersey Girl never really plan on seeing it.

Chasing Amy.......LAST?!

And Jason Mewes is actually clean, shockingly. How long it'll last, no one knows. I am excited for Clerks II, as the early reviews out of Cannes were good and it's more Randall.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Is Chasing Amy really that great? I've never seen it.

BuckNaked
06-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Is Chasing Amy really that great? I've never seen it.

I'm planning on getting it. I haven't seen it either.

06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Chasing Amy is really good, but it's really different from Clerks and Mallrats.

I enjoy Mallrats and Clerks a lot better, but Chasing Amy is the better movie. Like if Mallrats and Clerks are flicks, Chasing Amy is a film.

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Bah! And there's no way Jason Mewes is ever clean. I mean, he's not a big heroin junkie anymore, but he has to be doing a ton of cocaine.

Nah, the only reason KS agreed to make this was because he's finally clean, I don't think pot counts but no harder stuff.

Giantsfan1080
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM

Nah, the only reason KS agreed to make this was because he's finally clean, I don't think pot counts but no harder stuff.

CGF is right. Kevin Smith made a promise to Jason Mewes that if he were to get clean then he would make another movie for him. They are also making a Clerks animated movie.

Vespasian
06-27-2006, 02:26 PM
I like Mallrats, its a lot of fun.

As far as the KS movies go.

1. Clerks
2. Chasing Amy
3. Dogma
4. Mallrats
5. Jay and Silent Bob SB

6. Jersey Girl

renegade17
06-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Any movie with Ben Affleck sucks. It's a fact, he's ruined every movie he's ever been in.

Nerv
06-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Anyone else a fan of the short lived Clerks cartoon? It was hilarious, wish there would have been more episodes.

draftguru151
06-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Any movie with Ben Affleck sucks. It's a fact, he's ruined every movie he's ever been in.

Any movie he has a mojor role in. He was funny in Jay and silent bob strike back.

Brodeur
06-27-2006, 02:36 PM

That can be true, but he was actually very good in Chasing Amy, shockingly. He managed to do a good job and not only not ruin it, but make it better.

cunningham06
06-27-2006, 02:37 PM

You mean you didn't like Gigli? :shock:

P-L
06-27-2006, 02:51 PM
1. Chasing Amy
2. Clerks
3. Mallrats
4. DOGMA
5. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

CGF 216/137
06-27-2006, 02:55 PM

Well he was tolerable in the movies he made with Kevin Smith.

SuperMcGee
06-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Its on WE right now (Women's entertainment) started about 20 minutes ago if anyone cares. Even if you dont im bored so back off!

renegade17
06-30-2006, 01:59 AM

I'll admit, he was PERFECT in his role in Mallrats.

Nerv
06-30-2006, 02:03 AM

I'll admit, he was PERFECT in his role in Mallrats.

Yes that was the perfect role for him in Mallrats. Asshole charactor who is there to be disliked and a sort of quasi enemy in a supporting role.

SuperMcGee
06-30-2006, 02:05 AM
"Tell him Steve-Dave!"