PDA

View Full Version : Mafia: Game Ruined

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Caddy
02-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Times are difficult in old Transitville. Crime has over run the city, the police are little help, corpses are regularly found in the middle of the streets, and rumours were abound that crime lords were rising, taking control of the city. Caddy, a hugely prominent anti-crime ambassador was found lying in a back-alley, lying in a puddle of his own blood. He had been shot to death in a cold-hearted manner, a message from the mafia ruling the city : Don't stop us, you cannot win, it is futile for you to try. The death was enough to set the city people into an uproar. They were keen for revolution. Problem was, nobody knew who was good and who was bad. The discussion started and people were blindly throwing around damaging accusations. This day wasn't going to end shortly.

With 12 people alive, 7 votes are needed to reach a majority.

Still alive : 14

McGee
Raiderz
Ncst8fan83
Wooty
Cain
CJSchneider
The Boy Wonder
Bulldog
Zachsaints
Fenikz
Mr. Goosemahn
Eaglesalltheway

Have bitten the dust : 17

Deep (Stinky Hobo) was lynched - Day 1
Shane P. Hallam (Lie Detector) was murdered - Night 1
Jensen (Mafia Goon) was lynched - Day 2
Scottyboy (Vanilla Townie) was murdered - Night 2
Bhaarat (Vanilla Townie) was murdered - Night 2
Rufus (Security Guard) was murdered - Night 2
Vidae (Mafia Godfather) was murdered - Day 3
Snicho (Mafia Stand-In Leader) was murdered - Night 3
D-Unit (Watchdog) was murdered - Night 3
APS (Cop) was murdered - Night 3
Brodeur (Chief of Police) was murdered - Night 3
ATL (Forensic Investigator) was murdered - Day 4
Job (Survivor) was murdered - Night 4
Diab (Mafia Goon) was murdered - Night 4
Ngata (Psychopath) was murdered - Day 4
Jvig (Cop) was murdered - Night 5
JoeJoeBrown (Hider) was murdered - Day 6
Jvig (Cop) was murdered - Night 6
CCB (Roleblocker) was murdered - Day 7
Vikes (Burglar) was murdered - Night 7
UKFan (Framer) was murderd - Day 8
FlyingElvis (Hobo) was murdered - Night 8

How to play

During the day, the objective is to find the culprit of the previous nights' misdeeds. The important thing at the beginning of the game is just to get the discussion going, whether it is by accusing another player, mourning the departed, proclaiming your innocence and whatnot is your choice, but good participation is what makes this game fun. At the end of the day, a lynching is made based on a vote count. It is also possible to vote in favor of a no-lynch day. The day ends once a voting majority or a time limit has been reached.

At nightfall, everyone goes to sleep, though mafia and sometimes other roles with special abilities are required to take action. Mafia members meet and elect someone to kill. A cop, for example, could investigate someone and determine whether he is good or evil. Actions to be taken are to be sent by private message. The night ends once every PM has been received or time limit has been reached.

Rules

1. To make it easier for everyone to follow, votes must be bolded and follow the form vote : Caddy.
2. Players can unvote or change their vote anytime using the same form. Before changing votes, please unvote first. ex: unvote : Caddy, vote : no-lynch
3. Players are to be lynched once an absolute majority is reached.
4. Night actions will have a 24-hour deadline, but please be faster.
5. Discussion about the game are forbidden outside of the game thread. I can't monitor that, but for the sake of fair game, please refrain.
6. Mafia can only discuss strategy at night.
7. It is forbidden to quote a private message from the moderator. This results in a modkill.
8. Once you are dead, please refrain from posting information/comments until the game is over.
9. Mod posts will be in red, so don't use that color.
10. Have fun.

Wootylicous
02-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Deep hated Caddy.

FlyingElvis
02-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Caddy was such a pillar of this community. Nothing can ever replace the empty space in my heart and my bed.

This is an outrage!!

DeepThreat
02-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Deep hated Caddy.

Woot, you Canadian *****... How dare you accuse me of murdering our beloved Cadillac?

Wootylicous
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
You hate foreigners. You killed him!

DeepThreat
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM

The mere fact that I hate APS does not mean I hate all foreigners!

vidae
02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Does anyone else think it weird that Wooty start pointing fingers the second we saw that our beloved Caddy had been murdered?

Someone has a guilty conscience.

Wootylicous
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey I was Caddys best friend!

DeepThreat
02-20-2012, 04:20 PM

Laughable at best.

Guys, does no one else find it odd that APS isn't here yet? Obviously an attempt to divert suspicion.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Can we have a deep rooted conversation about whether lynching someone on Day 1 is appropriate?

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Laughable at best.

Guys, does no one else find it odd that APS isn't here yet? Obviously an attempt to divert suspicion.

I agree!

Vote: APS

vidae
02-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Poor APS. He is suspicious though. Very suspicious...

ccB
02-20-2012, 04:26 PM

Foreigner is an awful band, if Caddy was a fan he deserved to die!

Wootylicous
02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
How dare you say so.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
If I remember correctly this is exactly how the last one went. Someone blames someone random and then someone votes APS.

So now that we have gotten past that part. I think no lynch is the best option first day because we have a pretty slim chance of lynching a mob member or neutral killing role.

Vote: No Lynch

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
If I remember correctly this is exactly how the last one went. Someone blames someone random and then someone votes APS.

So now that we have gotten past that part. I think no lynch is the best option first day because we have a pretty slim chance of lynching a mob member or neutral killing role.

The question is, how much do those odds increase after Night 1? Probably not much AND we will lose multiple townies (more than likely, or at least 1). And would anyone with a role actually come forward with information? Always easier said than done.

Unvote: APS

Ngatachance92
02-20-2012, 04:56 PM
It's too early to start killing lynching people for no reason... Even APS....

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
The question is, how much do those odds increase after Night 1? Probably not much AND we will lose multiple townies (more than likely, or at least 1). And would anyone with a role actually come forward with information? Always easier said than done.

Unvote: APS

Our odds do increase... If we randomly lynch we run the risk of killing one of our more crucial roles. Plus people do get information. They may not be willing to come forward but they are gathering info that can be used later.

Jensen
02-20-2012, 05:04 PM
People will uncover information...whether they tell how they got it is where there's question. That's when we either blindly follow/don't follow or force their role out of them. I'm not really a fan of no lynch, but there is literally nothing to go off of right now.

ccB
I'm leaning towards no lynch, since it would just be a shot in the dark anyway but after throwing APS under the bus I am now weary of Shane P.

TheBoyWonder22
Agreed
We don't know anything right now.

Shane P. Hallam
Our odds do increase... If we randomly lynch we run the risk of killing one of our more crucial roles. Plus people do get information. They may not be willing to come forward but they are gathering info that can be used later.

Bleh, I'd rather start a conversation/argument, have someone slip up and take a shot. Just going "Let's all No Lynch" gives us nothing. Actually forcing people to TALK can give us something.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 05:09 PM
What would they slip up on? There is little information out there to really slip up on.

Wootylicous
02-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm telling you Deep is not a good person.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
What would they slip up on? There is little information out there to really slip up on.

Then can it hurt to at least try? People know their roles, some know who each other are. It's worth at least messing around and seeing if someone cracks/changes it up. Or even better, seeing who is on and not posting anything (or posting very little,) as most likely want to lay low. Lots of ways to go about it.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 05:16 PM
You guys know the rules day 1 we kill APS

Caddy
02-20-2012, 05:17 PM
If you aren't playing, don't post?

RufusMcDaniel
02-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Tough losing Caddy, he was a good man.

I'll just roll with the no lynching crowd because a random shot in the dark could mean the loss of a valuable person.

ncst8fan83
02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
No Lynch on day 1 is Mafia game rookie mistake. The mafia gets to kill someone and no one talks. What good comes from that?

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
That is a good point, however it isn't as if there is any proof at all that a person is a member of the mafia unles they slip up in the first round. However, that seems unlikely.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
No Lynch on day 1 is Mafia game rookie mistake. The mafia gets to kill someone and no one talks. What good comes from that?

We have like a 75% chance that we hit a townie and go down 2 members tonight. To me that's not a good idea.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
25% chance of lynching evil is better than 0%

Wootylicous
02-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Well I'm going to go with my point from the beginning. Deep is not a good person.

VOTE : Lynch Deep

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
You guys know the rules day 1 we kill APS

That's been the rule throughout all of these. Down with APS!

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't think we should just go out there suspecting APS just because he's APS. I think people need to think about this a little bit.

vidae
02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
The problem is that there isn't much to think ABOUT. We're basically flying in the dark at this point. It'll be hard to get a consensus on who to kill because none of us have any idea who to even suspect.

Ngatachance92
02-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Unless Caddy made him a villian knowing that people would want to lynch him early on but decide against that judgement because people just want to lynch him? Hmmm......

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I will pose the question then:

Are you a member of the Mafia?

Choices are:

I am a member of the mafia

I am not a member of the mafia

Now, let's see who actually will answer and who won't (also who hasn't even said anything yet, but has been around)

eaglesalltheway
02-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey, all I know is APS seems real suspicious, though I'm sure Deep had something devilish planned, whether for good or bad...

vidae
02-20-2012, 06:59 PM
APS always seems suspicious. It's that FACE of his.. all.. weird.. and suspicious looking..

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
It is counterproductive to the town to no lynch. First person to vote no lynch was ImBrotherCain. Thus, IMBrotherCain must not want to help the town.

Vote: ImBrotherCain

RufusMcDaniel
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM

Choices are:

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I'll do mine:

eaglesalltheway
Its those bloodshot eyes, almost like he's drunk...all the time...

A Perfect Score
Haha Shane always votes for me first. I was out at dinner, gents. I am interested to see where this goes.

eaglesalltheway
02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Also, though what's to stop anyone from lying...?
I'm not in the mafia...

vidae
02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
I am not a member of the mafia.. but I think APS is!

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Shane's the one who asked, I think we need to think about that everyone.

Jensen
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I will pose the question then:

Choices are:

Now, let's see who actually will answer and who won't (also who hasn't even said anything yet, but has been around)

What is this going to prove? Nobody is going to say "I am a member of the mafia." I also am not a fan of lynching inactives because they are often people with no important roles who don't want to participate anymore.

eaglesalltheway
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Brodie makes a fantastic point...
vote: Shane

vidae
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM

That is a good point. Shane is the one arguing for a vote the first night.. he obviously wants to kill someone and quickly.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Yes you should.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:11 PM
That is a good point. Shane is the one arguing for a vote the first night.. he obviously wants to kill someone and quickly.

Not quickly, but I do want the conversation to happen. It can be about me, that is cool, but at least the different ways people choose to answer that question are interesting in the very least.

And we know the roles of the Mafia, we know what they can and can't do (at least I think so,) so me asking if people are Mafia wouldn't really help me if I were Mafia, would it?

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I am not a member of the mafia..... but APS does give me creeps with those glazed over eyes of his

CJSchneider
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm here.
I am not a member of the mafia.
I do find it interesting APS avoided answering that question.

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Not quickly, but I do want the conversation to happen. It can be about me, that is cool, but at least the different ways people choose to answer that question are interesting in the very least.

And we know the roles of the Mafia, we know what they can and can't do (at least I think so,) so me asking if people are Mafia wouldn't really help me if I were Mafia, would it?

I'm onto you, Shane.

DeepThreat
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I am not a member of the mafia.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
JBond's title says he is mafia

LYNCH HIM!

SO DOES VIDAE'S!

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:17 PM

I am also arguing for a vote on night one. Voting no lynch and getting to the night fast is only putting doom on the townspeople. Why you would ask? Yes, it's true we wouldn't risk lynching someone important, but the worst thing that could happen is not that. The worst thing is to go onto day 2 with no information at all due to a fast day 1. Because let's make it clear : the safest bet in the situation we're in is using our logic, not relying on the investigators or other important people. Those are often unwilling to reveal themselves anyway for fear of turning dead the following morning.

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm very wary of this strategy just because I tried it once before when I was in the mafia. Immsticking with no lynch but Shane is kind of suspicious, just not enough to warrant a lynching.

A Perfect Score
02-20-2012, 07:18 PM
I avoided the question because it's pointless. No one is going to admit to being the mafia.

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:18 PM

It doesn't help you, or anyone, period. Still, I like you, you seem like a rational person.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
JBond's title says he is mafia

LYNCH HIM!

SO DOES VIDAE'S!

and Jensen and Cain! Oh my!

Though fenikz's post does intrigue me about something. Luckily I have plenty of free time tonight. Time for some research!

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Please don't vote no lynch now. It's a mafia's pipe dream because the day goes by fast and they have no need to even show up and say something.

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm curious as to why I never got one of those considering I was Mafia that game and we won and everyone else did...cool guys.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm curious as to why I never got one of those considering I was Mafia that game and we won and everyone else did...cool guys.

You died and acted like an idiot!

SuperMcGee
02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Then can it hurt to at least try? People know their roles, some know who each other are. It's worth at least messing around and seeing if someone cracks/changes it up. Or even better, seeing who is on and not posting anything (or posting very little,) as most likely want to lay low. Lots of ways to go about it.

So you suggest being wary of those who know their role and shut their mouth?

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Not completely, each person handle being mafia differently, but many try to remain low key.

diabsoule

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lnYNFOzjSOs/Ta0vSRbRavI/AAAAAAAAFmE/6rQd6L6lYu0/s400/Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg

TheBoyWonder22
You died and acted like an idiot!
Jensen died too, also I wasn't being an idiot just to be one, I was sending confusing messages so they wouldn't know what the hell I was saying and analyze it more than we needed to. What happened? We won. You need to like me more.

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Laying low is one thing. Not responding to inquiries is another.

vidae
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Jensen died too, also I wasn't being an idiot just to be one, I was sending confusing messages so they wouldn't know what the hell I was saying and analyze it more than we needed to. What happened? We won. You need to like me more.

I like you tons!

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Not completely, each person handle being mafia differently, but many try to remain low key.

That's usually the way it goes in most of these games. There could be some people that haven't posted yet that could be associated with the mob but they could also still be at work/school/etc especially considering the game just started not too long ago.

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lnYNFOzjSOs/Ta0vSRbRavI/AAAAAAAAFmE/6rQd6L6lYu0/s400/Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg

I'm gonna back Diab's decision here.

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:30 PM
That's usually the way it goes in most of these games. There could be some people that haven't posted yet that could be associated with the mob but they could also still be at work/school/etc especially considering the game just started not too long ago.

Which is why we should not rush to a no lynch. A long day is the best that could happen.

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I like you tons!
You too buddy, you too. The only thing people are doing that is suspicious is actually casting votes. Shane soley wishes to converse where as some people are jumpy I get the whole APS thing, but anything more doesn't seem to be justified.

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Which is why we should not rush to a no lynch. A long day is the best that could happen.

I say we lynch you...I don't trust you.

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I say we lynch you...I don't trust you.

How times have changed between us. :(

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:34 PM
How times have changed between us. :(

Aren't you married now? You referenced father-in-law, so this is what happens WHEN YOU MARRY.

FlyingElvis
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I demand vengence for the brutal slaying of our beloved Caddy. No lynch is not an option!

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:38 PM
You too buddy, you too. The only thing people are doing that is suspicious is actually casting votes. Shane soley wishes to converse where as some people are jumpy I get the whole APS thing, but anything more doesn't seem to be justified.

Well, I made a joke APS vote to start with, then unvoted which I would have done anyway.

Only one other person in this thread jumped right in and voted for someone, EATW for me after Brodeur's suspicions (which Brodeur didn't actually vote for me. He still could if he wants,) and EATW hasn't really popped up since. So, TBW's point may be valid of being "jumpy" to vote for someone.

I understand I'm under suspicion because I am talking and asking silly questions, etc, which is fine. But I'm surprised anyone would jump in to vote for someone so quickly.

Just a point, let me know if I'm offbase or being bias since the vote was intended for me.

vidae
I demand vengence for the brutal slaying of our beloved Caddy. No lynch is not an option!

So you'd rather kill ANYONE than work towards finding some clue, any clue, to point this investigation in the right direction?

That is really interesting. You're a dangerous member of this town.

Job Reborn
Aren't you married now? You referenced father-in-law, so this is what happens WHEN YOU MARRY.

I am not married, and don't plan to ever be.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM

Choices are:

As to not seem conspicuous or like I'm avoiding the tough questions I have answered this survey

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
So you'd rather kill ANYONE than work towards finding some clue, any clue, to point this investigation in the right direction?

That is really interesting. You're a dangerous member of this town.

Well, the lynching of someone will eventually turn out to be a clue, as opposed to not lynching anyone.

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I am not married, and don't plan to ever be.

What is this father-in-law nonsense? Fine, I've got your back in this thing.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
What is this father-in-law nonsense? Fine, I've got your back in this thing.

Might have been in a relationship. Thought the word for it would be the same whether i was married or not. It is in French.

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, I made a joke APS vote to start with, then unvoted which I would have done anyway.

Only one other person in this thread jumped right in and voted for someone, EATW for me after Brodeur's suspicions (which Brodeur didn't actually vote for me. He still could if he wants,) and EATW hasn't really popped up since. So, TBW's point may be valid of being "jumpy" to vote for someone.

I understand I'm under suspicion because I am talking and asking silly questions, etc, which is fine. But I'm surprised anyone would jump in to vote for someone so quickly.

Just a point, let me know if I'm offbase or being bias since the vote was intended for me.
A little biased, but who wouldn't be? I think I saw a vote for IMBC, but I don't think voting no lynch is suspicious. I guess right now, a confident vote can't be justified, let's all slow down. I'm gonna change mine, Unvote: no lynch

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM

Care to elaborate?

Brodeur
02-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Might have been in a relationship. Thought the word for it would be the same whether i was married or not. It is in French.

Does this look like France, mister I know what your first name is but am nice enough to keep it private?

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Does this look like France, mister I know what your first name is but am nice enough to keep it private?

Nope, but i do have to translate my mind whenever i speak.

Bulldogs
02-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Having not played this game before, is it better to avoid lynching the first day or to take a stab in the dark?

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Having not played this game before, is it better to avoid lynching the first day or to take a stab in the dark?

The majority of people tend to think no lynching is the better thing. They also tend to be wrong.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM
What is this game you speak of, our dear friend Caddy has died and those miscreants are still galavanting around

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM

I've been a little suspicious of EATW's vote considering, iirc, that he did the same thing in one of the previous games and he turned out to be a member of the mafia. Not that it says anything for this game but it's slightly suspicious nonetheless.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
A little biased, but who wouldn't be? I think I saw a vote for IMBC, but I don't think voting no lynch is suspicious. I guess right now, a confident vote can't be justified, let's all slow down. I'm gonna change mine, Unvote: no lynch

Let me know if that is true, maybe I missed it.

What we have:

EATW voting for me due to agreement with Brodeur (who did not vote for me)

Woot saying he knows Deep is bad and voting for him (which is intriguing in and of itself, but I'd like to see that play out a bit more)

ATL voting for me with no explanation.

If you want to vote for me, at least put an explanation man. I'd rather people accuse me and talk it out as to WHY instead of voting. Honestly, I feel like I have ruled Brodeur out as a mafia member because of this, while EATW and ATL give me pause.

And the Woot/Deep thing, I want a bit more from Woot if he is still around.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
I've been a little suspicious of EATW's vote considering, iirc, that he did the same thing in one of the previous games and he turned out to be a member of the mafia. Not that it says anything for this game but it's slightly suspicious nonetheless.

I will say this, using the past is not a bad thing in this game.

Bulldogs
02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
The majority of people tend to think no lynching is the better thing. They also tend to be wrong.

I've never seen how this plays out, but to me it seems like a better idea to get people talking and at least take a shot at killing a mafia member. Otherwise they will just pick us off one by one.

CJSchneider
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
I will say this, using the past is not a bad thing in this game.

For predicting how one plays the game, it is not a bad thing. For determining what role they have been assigned, it's a crap-shoot.

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Let me know if that is true, maybe I missed it.

What we have:

EATW voting for me due to agreement with Brodeur (who did not vote for me)

Woot saying he knows Deep is bad and voting for him (which is intriguing in and of itself, but I'd like to see that play out a bit more)

ATL voting for me with no explanation.

If you want to vote for me, at least put an explanation man. I'd rather people accuse me and talk it out as to WHY instead of voting. Honestly, I feel like I have ruled Brodeur out as a mafia member because of this, while EATW and ATL give me pause.

And the Woot/Deep thing, I want a bit more from Woot if he is still around.

Those are the two I'm most suspicious of too. Like you mentioned about looking to the past as experience, those that cast votes immediately with little to no explanation are typically the ones with the most to hide.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Care to elaborate?

A lot of talking and initiating the the pointless "I am not apart of the mafia" thing. He says he wants to talk, go ahead Shane, the floor is yours. Reveal your role.

DeepThreat
I have a hard time casting a vote at this point. We don't have much evidence to accuse anyone, and I really don't see Shane as acting suspicious. I think he's just trying to get something started.

The immediate votes for Shane are a little puzzling.

fenikz
I've no voted instantly as evil and voted to lynch as good there really isn't any actual strategy for the 1st day

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I've no voted instantly as evil and voted to lynch as good there really isn't any actual strategy for the 1st day

That is highly debatable.

SuperMcGee
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Except to vote for APS.

Bulldogs
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Surely some people don't know the game has started yet, but I'm interested to hear from those who have been silent.

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Except to vote for APS.

That's ALWAYS the first rule to these games.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
It is counterproductive to the town to no lynch. First person to vote no lynch was ImBrotherCain. Thus, IMBrotherCain must not want to help the town.

Vote: ImBrotherCain

Wouldn't Mafia be all for a lynching? It would be a day worth 2 kills. It can go both ways.

I am just a firm believer in not lynching without shred of evidence. So i still maintain my no lynch vote unless we have something more to go on.

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Wouldn't Mafia be all for a lynching? It would be a day worth 2 kills. It can go both ways.

I am just a firm believer in not lynching without shred of evidence. So i still maintain my no lynch vote unless we have something more to go on.

Mafia is all for anything fast. lynch or not, they won't care. the only thing that matters is not exposing themselves. (so actually voting for someone on day 1 is usually more town-like than mafia-like, as voting tends to expose you a bit.)

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
A lot of talking and initiating the the pointless "I am not apart of the mafia" thing. He says he wants to talk, go ahead Shane, the floor is yours. Reveal your role.

So, I have to reveal my role for talking? Heck, you haven't even answered my question yet my man. I wouldn't ask anyone to reveal their role this early.

Does the mafia usually do a lot of talking and questioning? Speaking of the past and track records, you can compare mine if you want to.

At worst, you can say I achieved my goal. To talk, get things out in the open, and start conversations. I have a feeling we will make an educated guess on someone to lynch, which is better than waiting and allowing deaths to happen.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 08:10 PM
If I remember correctly ATL tried to out Shane fast last time

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
well, ATL tries to out shane fast every time.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
So, I have to reveal my role for talking? Heck, you haven't even answered my question yet my man. I wouldn't ask anyone to reveal their role this early.

Does the mafia usually do a lot of talking and questioning? Speaking of the past and track records, you can compare mine if you want to.

At worst, you can say I achieved my goal. To talk, get things out in the open, and start conversations. I have a feeling we will make an educated guess on someone to lynch, which is better than waiting and allowing deaths to happen.

It's pointless to answer really. If it makes anyone feel better, I am not a part of the mafia! Yay!

Like I said, if you want the discussion, go for it. If you're good, there's always a protector.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
It's pointless to answer really. If it makes anyone feel better, I am not a part of the mafia! Yay!

Like I said, if you want the discussion, go for it. If you're good, there's always a protector.

There is typically also role blockers, blackmailers and the like.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM

We are having the discussion.

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Plus we can't vote until we are graced with the presence of the great Snicho!

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Plus we can't vote until we are graced with the presence of the great Snicho!

fenikz
02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
So nice he said it twice

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I am happy about my double post. Secret meaning

scottyboy
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM
it's tough, because with a no lynch, someone innocent is going to die. It's a risk if we lynch, because that could be 2 innocent bodies...but could also take out some mafia. I'll have to mull this over a bit...but I am extremely wary of that APS character. Always drinking and such. He worries me

fenikz
02-20-2012, 08:52 PM
ummm

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:54 PM
ummm

Vote: No Vote

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/1a1/e14/368/resized/anti-joke-triceratops-meme-generator-this-joke-is-a-paradox-no-it-isn-t-e2c560.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Awww, fenikz ruined the joke :(

fenikz
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Sucka I'm quick with my ninja edits

Caddy
02-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Vote Count

No Lynch 9: Cain, Ngata, Rufus, Zach, Jvig, Scottyboy, Vidae, CCB, Goose
Deep 1: Wooty
Cain 1: Job
Shane 2: ATL, JoeJoeBrown
Job 1: The Boy Wonder,
UKFan 1: Bulldog

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I explained the reasoning a page back but I'm gonna go with Job. He did accuse IBC for something that is very normal. Kind of a reach. I'll probably change my vote, but this seems suspicious.
Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: Job

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
I am not part of the mafia.

Sorry, just got back from a quiz show about Black History Month.

Bulldogs
02-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Vote: UKfan

No other reason than to stir up the pot and hear some thoughts.

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 09:55 PM
He just isn't active. That would be seen more as suspicious than anything FYI.

eaglesalltheway
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Jbond,i was just trying to spark up debate. I figured you'd feverishly defend yourself and would either prove to be good, which I think you have, or would present a flawed argument. Everything seems to check out and I don't see you as a threat, so I rescind my vote, but I don't know who else to vote for at this point, and I don't think ever doing a no lynch is productive, so I'll wait to make another decision.

unvote: Shane

Job Reborn
02-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I explained the reasoning a page back but I'm gonna go with Job. He did accuse IBC for something that is very normal. Kind of a reach. I'll probably change my vote, but this seems suspicious.
Vote: Job

I've been explaining my reasoning all along : no lynching is the only option that has a 100% chance of helping mafia, he started the no lynching wagon, etc, etc. Have yet to feel the need to change my vote (i.e. no one has stricken me enough as a scum, ibc hasn't made much to change my mind and hasn't been threaten by a number of votes against him), though ATL has risen a bit on my suspicion meter.

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Anyone know how many of us is Mafia to determine the exact percentages?

Or is that not known/against the rules to know?

fenikz
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
It's unknown sometimes there is more than 1 evil entity, like in the werewolf game there was a zombie

zachsaints52
02-20-2012, 10:25 PM
It's unknown sometimes there is more than 1 evil entity, like in the werewolf game there was a zombie

Thanks for the update. Still kinda new to this game.

Vote: No-Lynch

CJSchneider
02-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Why do you have to bring up old ****?

TheBoyWonder22
02-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, but it's normal to do that. Most of us would have even if IBC hadn't. I didn't even notice who said it. I agree ATL is a little suspicious, but until we truly find suspect I like my logic. I'll change mine when someone else deems themselves suspicious. I've changed it three times now so I'm gonna sit and wait.

ImBrotherCain
02-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Last game Caddy ran it was 1/4 mafia.. We also had 13 less people.

I defended myself as to why I voted no lynch... I also maintain that unless someone can provide a decent enough argument that makes me question someone I will stick with my no lynch vote.

fenikz
02-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Just realized how many votes it's gonna take to lynch someone

diabsoule
02-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Just realized how many votes it's gonna take to lynch someone

Yeah, it's going to take a metric **** ton.

Caddy
02-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Actually, 17.

D-Unit
02-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I just got the PM that the game was started. I don't really have time to catch up right now, but I will tomorrow at work.

Jvig43
02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Unless someone comes forth with any evidence they got from their powers the decision should be no lynch. If no one can come up with anything other than just random speculation we might as well not do the mafia's job for them by making the mistake of killing one of our own. Further more, if we do end up randomly getting a mafia goon, it would be without any relation to anyone else and wouldn't be super beneficial with the odds most likely stacked against us shooting in the dark. If someone comes forward with information from one of their abilities, we'll know the next day whether they were teling the truth or not. Really this isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be whenever something like this starts.

VOTE: No Lynch

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
I've made up my decision that it's not worth risking 2 innocent lives with random killings based off of no evidence. For now...

vote: no LYNCH

vidae
02-21-2012, 01:09 AM
I'll vote no lynch as well, but we better get some evidence tomorrow or we're just doing the Mafias job for them.

vote : no lynch

edit: typos, on stupid phone

Raiderz4Life
02-21-2012, 01:11 AM
I just got the PM that the game was started. I don't really have time to catch up right now, but I will tomorrow at work.

I'm in this boat. Spent the whole day turning wrenches.

But I really do need to catch up on everything. So tomorrow at work i'll get to it.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 01:44 AM
What the hell guys ?!

DEEP is bad i know it. bad bad bad.

JoeJoeBrown
02-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Someone is nervous talking.

VOTE SHANE

ccB
02-21-2012, 02:17 AM
I see no convincing arguments

Vote: NO LYNCH

Mr. Goosemahn
02-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Seeing as how there is no evidence,

vote: No Lynch

Snicho
02-21-2012, 02:44 AM
I dont understand why everyone feels the need to start pointing fingers without any evidence. We need to give it a night.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Vote Count

No Lynch 12: Cain, Ngata, Rufus, Zach, Jvig, Scottyboy, Vidae, CCB, Goose, Snicho, CJSchneider, EATW
Deep 2: Wooty, Bulldog
Cain 1: Job
Shane 2: ATL, JoeJoeBrown
Job 1: The Boy Wonder,
Wooty 1: Flying Elvis

With 33 people still alive, 17 Votes are needed to reach a majority.

JoeJoeBrown
02-21-2012, 03:19 AM
I dont understand why everyone feels the need to start pointing fingers without any evidence. We need to give it a night.

I like kicking ass first and taking names later.

Caddy
02-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Just a quick note for the mods (Shane/Vid/Diab), if a majority is reached, could one of you guys please close the thread if I'm not around. My sleep usually coincides with your day 9am EST till 5pm EST. kthx

CJSchneider
02-21-2012, 05:30 AM

What I do see, I'm not willing to stick my neck out over.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 07:06 AM
This is ridiculous.

eaglesalltheway
02-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Its the best way to (on the first day) gauge how people react, and what they say or do when attention is on them. Brody brought up a good point about Shane, I agreed with his point but took it a little further to see if we could get some info, and with the way Shane defended himself, I do not see him as a threat, so I took back my vote.
Though with the way things are going right now, unless someone else accuses someone of something and I have reason to vote for someone, I'm going to go with a no lynch vote. Be wary of Job honestly, he is a big proponent of lynching on the first day either way, no matter what his role, so just because he doesn't want a no lynch, doesn't mean he is playing the same way, or has the same role, as he did last go around.

vote:no lynch

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Its the best way to (on the first day) gauge how people react, and what they say or do when attention is on them. Brody brought up a good point about Shane, I agreed with his point but took it a little further to see if we could get some info, and with the way Shane defended himself, I do not see him as a threat, so I took back my vote.
Though with the way things are going right now, unless someone else accuses someone of something and I have reason to vote for someone, I'm going to go with a no lynch vote. Be wary of Job honestly, he is a big proponent of lynching on the first day either way, no matter what his role, so just because he doesn't want a no lynch, doesn't mean he is playing the same way, or has the same role, as he did last go around.

You can't vote no lynch, you still haven't unvoted me I believe.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 07:53 AM
I feel like i'm doing that every game but no one ever listens.

Here is why a no lynch on day 1 is useless.

1. Statistically, it is the only option that has a 100% chance of not helping town.

2. The essence of the game
Knowledge VS numbers. which means that, especially in a game of 33 people, townspeople are expendable : losing one is not so bad at all if it helps gathering info. (See point 4 for proof)

3. The argument for a no lynch usually is one of those two:
a) Let's wait for the power roles to find out some info.
b) We can not lynch someone without evidence/strong sentiment.

Why do I not think they are decent arguments? Because a) relies on a bunch of assumptions that can not be a certainty. Mainly those 4 :
- The assumption that there is a power role. Because they're has been other games in which there were many power roles, people here assume that there will be a bunch of those again. Yet we know nothing at all. For all we know (which is pretty much nothing on Day 1), there could be none.
- The assumption that the hypothetical power role willl find a culprit. Chances are he won't for quite a while.
- The assumption that the hypothetical power role will reveal himself and his information. Most of the time, they don't for quite a while, and for obvious reasons. Nobody likes to have a big target on his ass.
- The assumption that the hypothetical power role will be reliable. The past has proven us that they tend not to be due to framers, incompetence or some other trick in one's role.

Which brings me to point b). Because of the reasons stated above, I already established that it is counterproductive to wait for the power roles to give up evidence/information. What is the only other way to amass info? Voting people and lynching them. Why?
- A bunch of votes against someone will make him go defensive, trying to save his life, might even make him panic a bit and give out info without realising it. That's when a mafia tends to make some errors and a townsperson tends to prove its innocence. That's when people have to uncover themselves. No lynch doesn't input any pressure on anyone.
- Lynching someone is the best information gatherer of all. Because on the next day, we can see who did and who did not vote for the lynched on day 1, but most importantly how everyone acted. Then we can have some better arguments and suspicions. Which will only apply greater pressure and force errors as explained in the point above.

4. Statistics again.
Let's imagine there is about a 1:4 ratio of mafia in the town. Consider this : for every investigator, the chances that he finds a culprit during the night is exactly the same as us finding one during the day (actually it would be lower because of the unreliabality I've already talked about), which would be about 20% in this scenario. The average scenario if we were just going randomly about our choices (we're not, but let's make this a worst case scenario) would mean that on the 5th lynch/investigation, we would find a culprit.

Situation a) We wait for the investigators to reveal the bad guys. He finally finds one during night 5. The first time we ever get real evidence is night 5. Meaning that the first mafia lynch would be on Day 6. Meanwhile, one non-mafia has been killed every night, meaning we lost 5 guys.

Situation b) We also ****-up four times, but this time we take full use of our combined lynching and investigating powers. Which means we ****-up on day 1, night 1, day 2, night 2, but finally catch someone on day 3. Yes, we did lynch two guys we shouldn't have, but on the total, we've lost only 4 guys, which is an upgrade.

Situation c) We no-lynch on day 1, then start lynching and ****-up four times as randomness average wants. We therefore fail night 1, day 2, night 2, day 3 until the investigator is the one succeeding. We lost someone on Night 1, day 2, night 2, day 3 and night 3 before being able to lynch someone with evidence. For a total of 5 guys.

Notice something? Yep, situation b) is the situation in which most townspeople survive.

So I've already established that lynching someone is a better strategy even if we play the game randomly, without using our brains at all. What wasn't taken into consideration is that :

a) A lynch will statistically help the investigator on Night 1, bringing his, let's say : 6/33 chances of finding a culprit to 6/32. Using the same logic, it will also help the townspeople on the following day, bringing the probabilities down to 6/31, and so on.

b) A day 1 lynch will provide a bunch of information out of the argumentation, vote counts and further argumentations on the next days. Which will both help the investigator AND the townspeople in making their choices during the following nights/days, considerably raising our chances of finding a culprit. As opposed to no lynching which provides no info at all.

5. The ludicrous "We could lynch our investigator" argument.
The chances of the townspeople killing the investigator in a random lynch if there are 6 mafia : 1/33.
The chances of the mafia killing the investigator at night with a random kill : 1/27.
Which means, once again, that no lynching until evidence improves the chances of losing our investigator.

6. The nature of being a mafia
Yes, a mafia members wants to kill every non-mafia guy. But the most important thing is to not be caught. And the best way for a member to do that is not giving any information on who he is and who he's with. The best way to do that is to NOT vote for anyone, and rely on night kills. Taking this into consideration (and point 4), it is absolutely pro-town to cast a vote on Day 1, and anti-town to not cast a vote or vote no lynch on Day 1.

Think about that before no lynching.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 08:08 AM
*Just added a third situation in my statistical argument, in case someone already read it and missed it.

Bulldogs
02-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey Job I decided to lynch with you.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzg6wquKLM1r0m585o2_500.png

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Seriously you guys are bad. I know that Deep is a bad person. Focus on the know.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Seriously you guys are bad. I know that Deep is a bad person. Focus on the know.

We need a bit more than that, I'd like a bit more information about how/why you know it. Don't have to reveal a role, but I'd be surprised if your role outright knew who was bad.

TheBoyWonder22
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm gonna change to no lunch. I'll make it official later.

ImBrotherCain
02-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Okay so Wooty is pretty adamant on Deep being bad.

I don't know how he knows or why but this is something we should discuss. Wooty is the only one claiming that they know someone is bad.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Woot sounds like a guy who needs Deep to be lynched to win. In which case both would probably be "good".

Bulldogs
I'll go with Wooty for now. At the very least we'll finally get some info.

Unvote: UKfan

Vote: Deep

Job Reborn
I'm gonna change to no lunch. I'll make it official later.

You really should eat something. Better for your health.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm a good guy by the way. I can just say that I know personally that Deep is a BAD guy.

ImBrotherCain
02-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Woot sounds like a guy who needs Deep to be lynched to win. In which case both would probably be "good".

You make a solid point but the thing is that it is the only shred of "evidence" That we have. Everyone else is going on speculation.

EDIT:

Though after his last post he really doesn't call him Mafia he says he is a Bad Guy. Either meaning mafia, neutral class or just commenting on Deeps real life character.

FlyingElvis
02-21-2012, 09:28 AM

Until you provide a shread of evidence, I can only assume you are pointing fingers to intentionally misquide our quest to deliver justice.

Vote: Wooty

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh my god. It can't be serious...

If I'm telling you I know something about him what is that supposed to mean ?!

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM
You make a solid point but the thing is that it is the only shred of "evidence" That we have. Everyone else is going on speculation.

EDIT:

Though after his last post he really doesn't call him Mafia he says he is a Bad Guy. Either meaning mafia, neutral class or just commenting on Deeps real life character.

That is hardly any evidence.

ImBrotherCain
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM

You are already going on a limb to say you know something so just come forward and say it already. Just saying "I know Deep is Bad" gives us very little information.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Well Caddy left me a little private message telling me that Deep was involved in it and I did my research on him...came up as a bad guy. As much as I would like to give you more evidences it would compromise my role

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:41 AM

It can mean many things.

1. Your role knows Deep is mafia (if so, then just say it)

2. Your role BELIEVES Deep is mafia (would that be true? tough to say)

3. You need Deep to die to win. If so, he is probably good (and you may be too,) and it would be a wasted kill for us.

4. You are a neutral role that needs to kill everyone and you are just using a crazy strategy.

Either way, I'd suggest laying off Deep will probably die eventually anyway, and all you are doing is ensuring you will be a target.

If we lynch Deep, and he is good, you are dead.

If we lynch Deep, and he is mafia, they will probably kill you.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Well Caddy left me a little private message telling me that Deep was involved in it and I did my research on him...came up as a bad guy. As much as I would like to give you more evidences it would compromise my role

How/When did you do more research on him?

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
When did you make your research on him? Those things are generally made at night...

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 09:44 AM
It can mean many things.

1. Your role knows Deep is mafia (if so, then just say it)

2. Your role BELIEVES Deep is mafia (would that be true? tough to say)

3. You need Deep to die to win. If so, he is probably good (and you may be too,) and it would be a wasted kill for us.

4. You are a neutral role that needs to kill everyone and you are just using a crazy strategy.

Either way, I'd suggest laying off Deep will probably die eventually anyway, and all you are doing is ensuring you will be a target.

If we lynch Deep, and he is good, you are dead.

If we lynch Deep, and he is mafia, they will probably kill you.

Number 4 can be crossed off the list. He just wouldn't go in the spotlight that soon.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Number 4 can be crossed off the list. He just wouldn't go in the spotlight that soon.

Probably not, but Woot is pretty darn crazy!

Wootylicous
Did my search on him yesterday and came up as bad. If I actually wanted to win this thing from the beginning I would not give out this info (I'm probably gonna end up getting killed anyway because of it).

Wootylicous
and I'm telling you folks I'm a good guy I'm being honest here.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Did my search on him yesterday and came up as bad. If I actually wanted to win this thing from the beginning I would not give out this info (I'm probably gonna end up getting killed anyway because of it).

Anyone else seen someone who can search during the day? I am skeptical.

We do need to wait for Deep though for sure.

ImBrotherCain
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM

Yesterday as in Monday? Because we haven't progressed through a day yet.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Yesterday being monday yes.

eaglesalltheway
02-21-2012, 09:50 AM
You can't vote no lynch, you still haven't unvoted me I believe.

I unvoted you last night, but someone else voted to lynch you after, thus, you still have two votes...

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I unvoted you last night, but someone else voted to lynch you after, thus, you still have two votes...

Ah, my bad, I missed it.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Deep hated Caddy.

Those were Woot's first words, right after the murder. What's with that and why do you suddenly say you could search him when at that moment you didn't even have any time?

eaglesalltheway
02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Perhaps Woot was a witness that the mafia didn't know about? (Caddy is creative enough to make a role this this that'd work, I do believe) Its possible, but are we to believe it? IDK

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 10:00 AM

quoting myself. focus on the first part gentlemens

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Woot's case

In order of plausibility :

1. He's some kind of lyncher or avenger. Needs to kill Deep to win after which it doesn't even matter anymore. (Could leave the town as a winner, could win even if he dies after, whatever.)

2. He's something like "Caddy's best friend". Knows of some friction between Caddy and Deep which makes him suspicious of Deep. In which case Deep could either be a bad guy or a red herring.

3. He's the town's hobo and has seen things. (which would explain his claim about a Caddy PM.)

4. He's a day-time investigator. But somehow i doubt this would be combined with a big time clue sent by Caddy.

5. He's mafia/serial killer and wants to claim lyncher after killing Deep, making him almost invincible if believed by the town. Quite a risky maneuver though.

RufusMcDaniel
02-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Woot has a history for when he believes someone is bad, he has been right.

CJSchneider
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Perhaps Woot was a witness that the mafia didn't know about? (Caddy is creative enough to make a role this this that'd work, I do believe) Its possible, but are we to believe it? IDK

I don't put it past him to make a role that can research during the day either. It would be an interesting twist.

SuperMcGee
02-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Woot's case

In order of plausibility :

1. He's some kind of lyncher or avenger. Needs to kill Deep to win after which it doesn't even matter anymore. (Could leave the town as a winner, could win even if he dies after, whatever.)

2. He's something like "Caddy's best friend". Knows of some friction between Caddy and Deep which makes him suspicious of Deep. In which case Deep could either be a bad guy or a red herring.

3. He's the town's hobo and has seen things. (which would explain his claim about a Caddy PM.)

4. He's a day-time investigator. But somehow i doubt this would be combined with a big time clue sent by Caddy.

5. He's mafia/serial killer and wants to claim lyncher after killing Deep, making him almost invincible if believed by the town. Quite a risky maneuver though.

I was inclined to think it could be in the vein of 2 or 3, but I'm uneasy about him supposedly being given info and investigating already. For that to make sense, he'd have to have preexisting knowledge [possible in 2, doubtful in 3, a real stretch in 4 depending on what sort of role he is]. I don't really remember anything about daytime investigation, but woot's explanation is doing little to pull me in.

5 is always fun to consider. Adds a nice level of paranoia to everything.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Yep, overthinking is fun.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I would not put myself in this situation if I was anything but goddamn sure about Deep being bad.

FlyingElvis
02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
It sure seems like we have a 50/50 shot of lynching a mafia member if we choose between Wooty and Deep. That's pretty good odds for day one, no?

diabsoule
02-21-2012, 11:13 AM

I wouldn't put it past Caddy to do something like that either. He usually offers little twists in this game.

It offers a conundrum on Woot but with him already exposing himself as possible being some kind of investigator we could take his word on Deep right now and possible get a mafia member. Or we could wait on it, see what happens or if any new information surfaces. In any case, Wooty's at stake here.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:13 AM
It sure seems like we have a 50/50 shot of lynching a mafia member if we choose between Wooty and Deep. That's pretty good odds for day one, no?

It is.

Woot, are you willing to put your life on the line? Essentially, if we lynch Deep, and he is good, that you know you will be lynched next?

UKfan
02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Apologies townspeople, circumstances outside my immediate control meant I was unable to offer my thoughts on the sad death of our beloved Caddy, however I have now had time to digest all of the relevant information, there is a lot of heresy and conjecture, but as yet nothing I would feel confident in throwing my support behind. I await further news with baited breath (been travelling with work and posting on phone so apologies if any errors in the text!)

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
It is.

Woot, are you willing to put your life on the line? Essentially, if we lynch Deep, and he is good, that you know you will be lynched next?

Go big or go home Woot!

FlyingElvis
02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't put it past Caddy to do something like that either. He usually offers little twists in this game.

It offers a conundrum on Woot but with him already exposing himself as possible being some kind of investigator we could take his word on Deep right now and possible get a mafia member. Or we could wait on it, see what happens or if any new information surfaces. In any case, Wooty's at stake here.

I do agree he has exposed himself, even if we're not quite sure what he is. If he's not mafia he'll be targetted by them. If he is we can watch him swing on day two, right?

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 11:18 AM
It is.

I already put my life in jeopardy for you guys. I'm willing to put my life on the line for it.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:19 AM

We really have two choices:

1. Lynch Deep (though I won't vote for him until he gets a shot to defend himself. Though, this is a precarious situation, not sure he can get out of it).

2. No Lynch vote and have the investigators take a look at Woot/Deep

ImBrotherCain
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
We really have two choices:

1. Lynch Deep (though I won't vote for him until he gets a shot to defend himself. Though, this is a precarious situation, not sure he can get out of it).

2. No Lynch vote and have the investigators take a look at Woot/Deep

I agree... I am leaning toward option 1 because its all we have to go on at this point. I would like to see what Deep has to say before I pull the trigger but with that said.

DeepThreat
Guys, I am not mafia. I have no idea why I was chosen, but it would be a terrible mistake to lynch me.

I do find it a bit odd that Wooty has info when we haven't even had a night period yet. Maybe he does have some sort of info, but it is definitely wrong.

Also, I don't think Wooty is mafia; I just think he has bad info. If he were mafia, he wouldn't be immediately suggesting we lynch me. That would lead to his immediate death afterwards because, like I said, I am not mafia.

zachsaints52
I already put my life in jeopardy for you guys. I'm willing to put my life on the line for it.

Bum bum bum!

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Also,

Vote: No lynch

Bulldogs
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm inclined to say the obvious choice is to lynch either Deep or Woot. Somebody mentioned it but doing either would pretty much be a 50/50 shot, unless somebody has a better idea.

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm inclined to say the obvious choice is to lynch either Deep or Woot. Somebody mentioned it but doing either would pretty much be a 50/50 shot, unless somebody has a better idea.

I don't agree. Woot is wrong about me, but I really don't think he's mafia. If he's mafia and I'm innocent (I am), then he is immediately dead. That's just a terrible play.

I still say go with a no vote.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
If this was Day 2, I wouldn't hesitate, I'd lynch Deep and see what the results are, but this seems really early for this type of STRONG information. Ugh...

Deep is right in, I don't think Woot is mafia, but he could be neutral (if Deep is good) and just as important to get rid of.

Or Deep could be mafia and just covering himself.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Unvote- No-Lynch

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Guys, I am not mafia. I have no idea why I was chosen, but it would be a terrible mistake to lynch me.

I do find it a bit odd that Wooty has info when we haven't even had a night period yet. Maybe he does have some sort of info, but it is definitely wrong.

Also, I don't think Wooty is mafia; I just think he has bad info. If he were mafia, he wouldn't be immediately suggesting we lynch me. That would lead to his immediate death afterwards because, like I said, I am not mafia.

I was given information at the beginning. Lead me to search on you and you were bad. Unless the first info I received from Caddy was bad (which I don't believe it is) you are mafia. Maybe someone tried to frame you but I don't believe so.

Also I'm not a mafia guy. Why would I put my life in jeopardy at the beginning

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM
I was given information at the beginning. Lead me to search on you and you were bad. Unless the first info I received from Caddy was bad (which I don't believe it is) you are mafia. Maybe someone tried to frame you but I don't believe so.

Also I'm not a mafia guy. Why would I put my life in jeopardy at the beginning

Here is my main question. WHEN did you search him? Were you able to investigate him during the day? Did you have to choose someone to investigate or did you already know at the start that Deep was bad?

Jensen
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Voting no lynch is stupid. It's a free kill for the mafia. Last game there were 4? mafia members and with this many people in the game I am sure there are more. Our chances of hitting a mafia member vs. townsperson are not that bad. Would it really be that bad to lose a townsperson day 1 either? I'd rather take the chance at lynching a mafia and being wrong and see what happens then everybody just go for no lynch for no reason at all besides "well we have no info!"

I don't know what to think of Woot vs. Deep, but it is intruiging.

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
i'm having trouble believing woot is bad, bringing all this attention unto himself early. If he's wrong, he's as good as lynched next, which makes it an interesting turn of events. Unless he's like a little henchmen willing to take a fall for a bigger boss.

the Deep accusation is a bit odd to me right now though...but I'm not sure if giving the mafia a free kill without taking any action is the right way to go...so:

unvote: no lynch

I'm going to give Deep another shot to redeem this. why is woot bringing him up and risking his own life to set deep up?

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Here is my main question. WHEN did you search him? Were you able to investigate him during the day? Did you have to choose someone to investigate or did you already know at the start that Deep was bad?

I was given information at the beginning with my role. Caddy left me some evidences. I investigated him right at the beginning (which is why I clearly stated that deep wanted caddy dead at the immediate beginning of the game) and it came up as a bad guy. Then I voted for him to be lynched.

vidae
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
This just got real. I want to believe Deep is good, but Wooty is making a pretty convincing argument here. The problem is, if BOTH are good, and we kill both, we're just doing the mafias job for them.

For now I'm going to think it over but I'm going to unvote for no-lynch because I think our best course of action is to make a decision on one of these guys and see who is telling the truth. It's really all we have to go on.

unvote : no lynch

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
If you vote for me, the biggest fears will be recognized. The mafia will get a free kill, plus one.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
We have until when today to make a decision?

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
I was given information at the beginning with my role. Caddy left me some evidences. I investigated him right at the beginning (which is why I clearly stated that deep wanted caddy dead at the immediate beginning of the game) and it came up as a bad guy. Then I voted for him to be lynched.

Hmmmmm, would a mafia member really be handed up on a silver platter like that?

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
We have until when today to make a decision?

Whenever, though I imagine if it gets too long, there will be a cap.

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Another good point. When has the person in charge of the game ever helped the townies?

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Another good point. When has the person in charge of the game ever helped the townies?

Hvae yall ever had 33 people in a game, which requires Caddy to make up new roles?

And he did say that he gave evidence, not clear as day told him you were Mafia.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 11:42 AM

I stated my role from the beginning of this game. I have been Caddy's best friend since elementary school and we always had a strong bond between ourselves. He left me some evidences and I was able to search/investigate and found out Deep was a bad guy. I'm putting my life at high risk for that accusation but I'm willing to do it for the community.

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Hvae yall ever had 33 people in a game, which requires Caddy to make up new roles?

And he did say that he gave evidence, not clear as day told him you were Mafia.

Pretty sure we have had this many people before.

vidae
It doesn't necessarily mean that Deep is MAFIA.. it could just mean that he is EVIL. I understand the goal is to rid the town of the mafia, but we also need to drive any evil out of the town if possible.

It could be any number of things, but I'm going to go with Wooty here. You better hope you're right.

vote : Deep

scottyboy

ohhh snap. that's another thing.

but then we're back to square one. I don't think it can be woot since he's putting his ass on the line big time with this. would he really risk his life throwing Deep's name out there? If we lynch deep and he's innocent, woot is surely the next one down

Job Reborn
Jbond,i was just trying to spark up debate. I figured you'd feverishly defend yourself and would either prove to be good, which I think you have, or would present a flawed argument. Everything seems to check out and I don't see you as a threat, so I rescind my vote, but I don't know who else to vote for at this point, and I don't think ever doing a no lynch is productive, so I'll wait to make another decision.

not long after...

Huge contradictions here. Raises my suspicions. (The fact he told to be wary of me is only coincidental.)

This after I had spent the las couple of pages telling why pointing fingers actually was important.

Someone is nervous talking.

VOTE SHANE

Makes no goddamn sense after Shane showed absolutely no nervousness responding to the eraly accusations.

A lot of uncalled for aggressivity here. Basically trying to shut down Shane's efforts to get a discussion going by ridiculizing him and asking in sarcasm to reveal his role out of the blue. Doesn't strike me as a very pro-town behaviour here.

For some reason I have some doubts about vidae, but I'm really not sure about it.

So here is my suspicion-meter :

Eaglesalltheway - High
ATLdirtybirds - High
Snicho - Medium
Joejoebrown - Medium
Deepthreat - Light (Because of woot's concerns, i otherwise don't feel a scum vibe)
Woot - Light (I think he's a lyncher)
Vidae - Light.
Everyone who votes no lynch - Light

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
to be fair though, ATL is known for a lot of uncalled for aggressivity...

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
*So much development while I was posting that, will need to revisit it very soon.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't have to hope I'm right. I know I am. I have been since the beginning of this.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
It doesn't necessarily mean that Deep is MAFIA.. it could just mean that he is EVIL. I understand the goal is to rid the town of the mafia, but we also need to drive any evil out of the town if possible.

It could be any number of things, but I'm going to go with Wooty here. You better hope you're right.

vote : Deep

Vote:Deep

Even if he is wrong, it puts better percentages out there to try and know who is and who isn't.

vidae
02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't have to hope I'm right. I know I am. I have been since the beginning of this.

Well, you seem pretty sure of yourself so I'm going with you on this one but if you're even a little bit wrong the townspeople will have no choice but to make you pay for it.

Wootylicous
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I will probably get killed by the mafia at night anyway. I have put my life at risk for you guys. Make the right choice.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Pretty sure we have had this many people before.

Not on SWDC we haven't.

This may be completely crazy, if so, feel free to let me know and disregard. Should we perhaps keep both Deep/Woot alive, some people investigate them tonight, and maybe take our shot elsewhere? EATW's contradictions are interesting...

Just a thought. I am fine with lynching Deep if we think it is the best way to go. But something doesn't feel right about this whole situation...

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Guys, I am the town drunk. I don't know if that is what made me come up as suspicious, but I am not at all mafia.

RufusMcDaniel
02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Screw it, I'm rolling with Woot....he led me to water and dammit I'm thirsty.

brat316
ohh man a lot of talk been going on. Hmm I fear someone is going to kill tonight, I'm going to protect myself by barricading myself in the house.

Ohh Poor Caddy, you were a good Aussi, we shall find your killer.

not a fan of no vote so shot in the dark.

scottyboy
Guys, I am the town drunk. I don't know if that is what made me come up as suspicious, but I am not at all mafia.

the town drunk is APS. now you're a liar. not making it better for yourself here...

vidae
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
EATW is very suspicious and keeps contradicting himself, but is that enough to go on? We have one person saying someone else is evil.. I dunno. If the town as a whole wants to change their vote I will go with the wishes of the people, but I'm not changing my vote just yet.

I guess I'm choosing to believe Wooty here.

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, you seem pretty sure of yourself so I'm going with you on this one but if you're even a little bit wrong the townspeople will have no choice but to make you pay for it.

I concur!

I will probably get killed by the mafia at night anyway. I have put my life at risk for you guys. Make the right choice.

Well, if you are right, thank you good sir.

Drunk people kill innocent civilians. (Just go with it, it was my best CSI line I could think of)

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
the town drunk is APS. now you're a liar. not making it better for yourself here...

Actually, I'm the town's stinky hobo.

This is a mistake; you're making the odds better for the mafia.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Maybe Caddy hated drunks!

zachsaints52
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM

First drunk and now stinky hobo. Somethings... fishy.

vidae
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Wait, now I'm confused. Was the part in bold or a joke or are you trying to change your role now?

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah, sorry Deep, gotta take the shot. If Woot is wrong, I guess we can nab him and punish him.

Vote: DeepThreat

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Wait, now I'm confused. Was the part in bold or a joke or are you trying to change your role now?

I mis-remembered exactly what it was. I sort of assumed they were the same thing. Drunks, hobos, whatever.

Job Reborn
02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I believe we will be making a big mistake.

Here is the role I think was carved out for Wooty, something along the lines of :

"You were Caddy's best friend. There has always been friction between him and Deepthreat and [you believe him to be evil/Caddy told you he thought Deepthreat was about to kill him]. You want revenge for Caddy's death.

You win when Deepthreat is lynched."

Explains his hatred of deep. Explains the being able to investigate during day (he can't, made it up because he doesn't care about anything after Deep is dead, having achieved winning condition).

They're both good. Let's head somewhere else.

Vote : Eaglesalltheway

DeepThreat
02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
I believe we will be making a big mistake.

Here is the role I think was carved out for Wooty, something along the lines of :

"You were Caddy's best friend. There has always been friction between him and Deepthreat and [you believe him to be evil/Caddy told you he thought Deepthreat was about to kill him]. You want revenge for Caddy's death.

You win when Deepthreat is lynched."

Explains his hatred of deep. Explains the being able to investigate during day (he can't, made it up because he doesn't care about anything after Deep is dead, having achieved winning condition).

They're both good. Let's go somewhere else.

Vote : Eaglesalltheway

This makes sense to me.

Unvote: No lynch

Vote: EATW