mikehop05
03-28-2007, 12:11 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07087/772998-66.stm

good stuff on there about draft positions of need as well

terribletowel39
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07087/772998-66.stm

good stuff on there about draft positions of need as well

yes sir. i hope him saying that WR is a little concern, that we pick up bowe.

skarocksoi
03-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Could be the case. I think we are seeing a lot of 3-4 guys who could slip into later rounds and gems we might be able to pick up later on, so an OLB in the first round isn't as big a priority right now. I'd like us to pick up linebackers in rounds 3 and 4, one inside and one out. I'm thinking Robison or Shaw at OLB and Bishop or Waters at ILB. These guys would add some quality depth and could be potential stars.

terribletowel39
03-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Could be the case. I think we are seeing a lot of 3-4 guys who could slip into later rounds and gems we might be able to pick up later on, so an OLB in the first round isn't as big a priority right now. I'd like us to pick up linebackers in rounds 3 and 4, one inside and one out. I'm thinking Robison or Shaw at OLB and Bishop or Waters at ILB. These guys would add some quality depth and could be potential stars.

and like death said darnik has a write up and there are so many guys in next yrs draft that are 3-4 OLBs it isn't even funny.

glennjamen3
03-29-2007, 12:42 AM
i like what tomlin said about ike (and i really like that it means we wont be taking leon hall). i have a feeling ike is going to be back to form this year. he works too hard not to be

richdg
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Finally some answers. Like I have said. I don't care if we use a 3-4 or a 4-3. Just annoucne which will be used. We now know that the 3-4 will be the primary D. I think this is the best decision. Why else keep DL as the DC. That being said, letting Porter go, without signing another good LB looks risky. I see at least 2 if not 3 LB's taken in the draft, if we don't sign any proven players. I am not sure what the current talent pool is at LB in FA.