PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Gruden Camp

DiG
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Gruden camp is back for 2012. Definitely looking forward to this years crop of Gruden Camp QBs. Starts off right away with Luck and RG3.

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2012/02/front-center-jon-gruden/

niel89
02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I love this series. It's cool to just get a little look into a prospects personality. I love that Luck & Griffen are doing it even thought they are pretty much set at the top.

I can't believe that they are doing 10 QBs this year though. That is a big jump from the past years.

brat316
02-23-2012, 02:09 PM
WTF ESPN! its not they year of the QB. Lets do something new, or you twats run out of ideas?

I do like the series though, but made Jimmy Clausen look like a top 10 pick.

Giantsfan1080
02-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I love this series. It's cool to just get a little look into a prospects personality. I love that Luck & Griffen are doing it even thought they are pretty much set at the top.

I can't believe that they are doing 10 QBs this year though. That is a big jump from the past years.

They had all the big name QB's last year also including Cam and Locker.

niel89
02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
They had all the big name QB's last year also including Cam and Locker.

Yeah but all those guys were still in the fight for the top QB spot and competing for rank. Luck and Griffen are set. Still they had 5 guys last year (+ Fairley but he is a DT) and now they have 10 guys including guys like Kellen Moore and Cousins. Its kind of a drop off in quality.

asdf1223
02-23-2012, 02:50 PM
WTF ESPN! its not they year of the QB. Lets do something new, or you twats run out of ideas?

I thought he was bombed the interview when he threw one of his receivers under the bus for running the wrong route?

Complex
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I thought he was bombed the interview when he threw one of his receivers under the bus for running the wrong route?

I thought the same thing.

niel89
02-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I was rubbed completely the wrong way by Clausens interview.

A Perfect Score
02-23-2012, 05:20 PM
I love these things. Very revealing if you're looking for the right things, especially in how some of these guys receive coaching from a fairly abrasive source.

Big Bird
02-23-2012, 09:57 PM
What? Clausen tried to blame an interception on his wide receiver during the interviews. Jimmy seemed like a self-centered prick - which he is.

brat316
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
What? Clausen tried to blame an interception on his wide receiver during the interviews. Jimmy seemed like a self-centered prick - which he is.

Ehh, cause Gruden portrayed him in that light. What if Gruden said, "well good you knew the right call to make and read the D perfectly. Just couldn't execute it" then everyone would be singing a different tune. And do you honestly think this was all he was being judged off of? there was his play on the field that made him look like a franchise qb.

JHL6719
02-23-2012, 11:35 PM
FWIW, Sam Bradford looks a lot like Jimmy Clausen with no talent around him.

SickwithIt1010
02-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Ehh, cause Gruden portrayed him in that light. What if Gruden said, "well good you knew the right call to make and read the D perfectly. Just couldn't execute it" then everyone would be singing a different tune. And do you honestly think this was all he was being judged off of? there was his play on the field that made him look like a franchise qb.

Jimmy Clausen never really impressed me...

...This series made Cam look kinda bad last year, though. Gruden asking him to call a play from the Auburn playbook was comical. Not that it matters now, Cam proved doubters wrong, but it was still funny.

49erNation85
02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Is Kellen Moore going to the camp ?He could can use all the press help he can.

vidae
02-24-2012, 12:36 AM
I'd like this series a lot more if anyone but Gruden did it. I cannot stand him.

49erNation85
02-24-2012, 12:38 AM
I'd like this series a lot more if anyone but Gruden did it. I cannot stand him.

Who would you rather have do it,John Madden ?

vidae
02-24-2012, 12:38 AM

Literally anyone. I'd rather Tim Tebow did it.

ChiFan24
02-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I liked how he talked about Dane Sanzenbacher the entire time during the Terrelle Pryor session.

niel89
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
So apparently the Luck special aired last night....

I completely forgot about it. Its gonna be re-aired on saturday though. The RGIII one airs tomorrow night btw.

descendency
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM

I personally felt it made him look bad. I thought Clausen was a top 10 pick and came away with the feeling that Gruden didn't like him.

So apparently the Luck special aired last night....

I completely forgot about it. Its gonna be re-aired on saturday though. The RGIII one airs tomorrow night btw.

During the NCAA title game I won't be watching lol.

TACKLE
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
meh, it's entertainment and not much more. they're fun to watch but really aren't all that informative or insightful unless you're the type to think a guy is too dumb to play qb in the nfl because his college team didn't use pro terminology.

descendency
04-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know when Robert Griffin's rebroadcast will be?

Pat Sims 90
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know when Robert Griffin's rebroadcast will be?

It is on tonight at 9.

bucfan12
04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I can't stand watching this. Gruden is the most impatient person when it comes to working with younger QBs. He went into the room when Rich McKay took Chris Simms in 2003 screaming about how not to take a QB that early nor not consulting with him before drafting a QB.

He didn't take Rodgers in 05. He went with, continually, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Tim Rattay, and Brian Griese.

He's a good announcer, but he's a hippocrye with this QB camp.

NorrinRadd12
04-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Phil Simms

Gruden is the king of BS artists and ruined every young QB he's been around with his bullying.

stlouisfan37
04-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Phil Simms

Gruden is the king of BS artists and ruined every young QB he's been around with his bullying.

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Young do it. I agree about Gruden. I think he is arrogant and condescending. I can't think of many coaches in the NFL I wouldn't rather play for if I was a player.

Leon Sandcastle
04-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Jimmy Clausen never really impressed me...

...This series made Cam look kinda bad last year, though. Gruden asking him to call a play from the Auburn playbook was comical. Not that it matters now, Cam proved doubters wrong, but it was still funny.

And he compared himself to a gun. I thought he was bust city. So glad I was wrong.

ChiFan24
04-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I can't stand watching this. Gruden is the most impatient person when it comes to working with younger QBs. He went into the room when Rich McKay took Chris Simms in 2003 screaming about how not to take a QB that early nor not consulting with him before drafting a QB.

He didn't take Rodgers in 05. He went with, continually, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Tim Rattay, and Brian Griese.

He's a good announcer, but he's a hippocrye with this QB camp.

http://i.pbase.com/o4/46/902746/1/114909226.j9HEtYen.DSCF0971CryingHippo.jpg

niel89
04-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Just watched the Griffin episode and and saw a 5 min clip of the Luck one. Both guys are really comfortable in their own skin and it really stands out. They are there in normal clothes and are just relaxed. They are just confident in themselves and can laugh at themselves.

JHL6719
04-03-2012, 06:54 AM
And he compared himself to a gun. I thought he was bust city. So glad I was wrong.

There's still time.

Brown Leader
04-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Did anyone check Osweiler today? Gruden seemed genuinely impressed and was much more instructional than with Luck or Griffin. Obviously because of his rawness but also that Brock didn't do a throwing session with him so he had more time to go back and forth. He brought up a play or two that he felt was first round caliber but also warned him about a few things-using his eyes better to manipulate and about the meaning of "potential". I liked how he brought up the pick six in the Bowl game and had him explain it.