PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs hilarious stunt on TNA wrestling.

Ness
02-26-2012, 05:52 PM
I haven't watched wrestling since about 2000, but when I heard Brandon Jacobs had a small role on TNA, I looked it up just to see what happened, and watching this I remember how ridiculous all of this was. Sorry to all of you wrestling fans out there, but at my age watching this now it's just kind of funny.

bocCookcmi0

So D'Lo Brown and Al Snow are still in the game LOL.

http://i.imgur.com/UvmEK.jpg

OSUGiants17
02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
We all know it doesn't take 4 people to hold him back, only one.

GaMeTiMe
02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Didn't I see something with him putting someone through a table too?

That little skit was funny, I really deny to myself that it was that bad when it was my life in the 90s.

OSUGiants17
02-26-2012, 06:07 PM
That little skit was funny, I really deny to myself that it was that bad when it was my life in the 90s.

TNA is a joke and WWE has gone down the tubes. 90s wrestling was SOOOOOOOOO much better. The 90's in general were ******* awesome

Splat
02-26-2012, 06:25 PM
90's kid bitches!

Brodeur
02-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Brandon Jacobs ruins everything.

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Brandon Jacobs ruins everything.

Except for Super Bowls.

Ness
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
"You ain't from New York, you ain't from New York!!!!!"

Says the Louisiana native.

comahan
02-26-2012, 09:59 PM
ADxJXuAk-CQ

Raiderz4Life
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Didn't I see something with him putting someone through a table too?

Dude the attitude era of the WWF yes WWF not that WWE ********....was freaking awesome.

Complex
02-26-2012, 11:11 PM
D'Lo Brown wow, I haven't seen him since the Nation of Domination.

Ness
02-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Dude the attitude era of the WWF yes WWF not that WWE ********....was freaking awesome.

Coincidentally once it went to WWE, I stopped watching. 1998-2000 was dope.

Ness
02-26-2012, 11:27 PM
ADxJXuAk-CQ

Jacobs auditioning for his post NFL career.

"HE JUST PUT BULLY RAY THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!!"

Please, just GTFO.

Punisher
02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
WCW in 90's>all

Whatever trash they make now looks worst than Jerry Springer.

phlysac
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Shows my age but all you younger guys that loved late 90's WCW and WWF... Try to find Mid 80's-Mid 90's NWA (pre WCW), AWA, and WWF. So absolutely amazing in comparison.

Early ECW (mid-late 90's) was sweet, too.

Brodeur
02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
WCW in 90's>all

Whatever trash they make now looks worst than Jerry Springer.

Haha, sure. Whatever you say.

Shows my age but all you younger guys that loved late 90's WCW and WWF... Try to find Mid 80's-Mid 90's NWA (pre WCW), AWA, and WWF. So absolutely amazing in comparison.

Early ECW (mid-late 90's) was sweet, too.

Early ECW had an assload of absolute trash wrestling, so praising it while trashing late 90s WWF is just ridiculous.

Brent
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
he clearly meant WWF circa-1998

Giantsfan1080
02-27-2012, 09:28 PM
The NWO storyline was the best. End of story.

Complex
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
DX storyline was pretty good also.

phlysac
02-27-2012, 11:27 PM

Early ECW had an assload of absolute trash wrestling, so praising it while trashing late 90s WWF is just ridiculous.

I actually wasn't trashing late 90's WWF. I just like late 80's better. And if early ECW was so trash why did all of those wrestlers end up in WWE?

dan77733
02-27-2012, 11:59 PM
I used to watch wrestling all the time until Lesnar left. I just started watching RAW again recently just because CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are the champions. I'm also waiting to see Chris Hero and Claudio become jobbers when they should be brought in quickly and dominate the non-existent tag team division.

The worse thing about wrestling is that the entertainment is everything but the actual wrestling which is why so many fans from the 90's stopped watching when WCW and ECW died. So sad.

Brodeur
02-28-2012, 01:02 AM

Except that it dragged on and on and on, and eventually killed WCW for their inability to get past it. I won't get into any more of this though, this is a thread of why Brandon Jacobs should not be ruining amazing heels like Bully Ray.

Ness
02-28-2012, 01:11 AM
I used to watch wrestling all the time until Lesnar left. I just started watching RAW again recently just because CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are the champions. I'm also waiting to see Chris Hero and Claudio become jobbers when they should be brought in quickly and dominate the non-existent tag team division.

The worse thing about wrestling is that the entertainment is everything but the actual wrestling which is why so many fans from the 90's stopped watching when WCW and ECW died. So sad.

CM Punk? That a radio station or something?

Complex
02-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Except that it dragged on and on and on, and eventually killed WCW for their inability to get past it. I won't get into any more of this though, this is a thread of why Brandon Jacobs should not be ruining amazing heels like Bully Ray.

When did it start dragging on during the LWO vs NWO era?

dan77733
02-28-2012, 01:34 PM
CM Punk? That a radio station or something?

Punk is easily the most over wrestler in WWE and is arguably the greatest wrestler in the world. Punk wrestled in independents and mainly ROH before going to WWE. Check out his worked shoot from Raw on youtube last July. He was pretty much gone since his contract was expiring but re-signed because the shoot got him over huge and as long as WWE doesnt screw him over, he'll be their top guy for years. Punk and Danielson have also wrestled matches in ROH that went 30, 60 and even 90 minutes long. Arguably, the two best wrestlers in the world today but the sad part is that WWE only cares about "entertainment" instead of actual wrestling. WWE could be awesome but they focus on too much soap opera drama bullcrap instead of actual wrestling which is sad because talent wise, their roster is better than what it was a decade ago but the wrestlers are new and not well known.

Wrestlemania is actually looking pretty good thus far. Punk vs Jericho, Danielson vs Sheamus, HHH vs Taker in the Hell in a Cell thus far as confirmed for WM 28. If they give the Punk and Danielson matches time, they could steal the show and of course, Rock vs Cena but thats just one of those fantasy type matches. I'm not expecting that match to be half as good as the Punk and Danielson matches.

Here's the link to the shoot -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Is9SdaC-X8

FlyingElvis
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
The only wrestling that was ever any good included this man:

http://www.pwhf.org/halloffamers/bios/biopics/steele.jpg

That timeframe was probably only "good" because I was under 10 years old.

Splat
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM

*Sigh* You probably liked Goldberg's 15 second long matches to.

Brodeur
02-28-2012, 03:40 PM
When did it start dragging on during the LWO vs NWO era?

Starrcade 1998.

dan77733
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
NWO was great because at the time, people believed that Hall/Nash were actually invading WCW while under contract to WWE. Once the NWO became black/white/wolfpac or whatever other crap and added a thousand wrestlers, it became garbage. To me, no group should consist of more than five wrestlers. Arguably, the best group, the Four Horsemen (excluding the NWO era) were always awesome to watch and had some of the best wrestlers of all time. Dangerous Alliance was good too. DX was also good. To me, once a group goes past five wrestlers, it becomes crap because there's too many members to focus on and majority of the time, like NWO, the majority of the group consists of jobbers and crappers thus making the group well, crappy.

I always preferred DX over NWO easily because they more fun to watch. What sucks now about wrestling is that there's no competition anymore and with the internet, you can know what happened before it happened. Back then, when a wrestler jumped from WWE to WCW and vice versa, you didnt know about it. Now, its just no fun.

Ness
02-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Punk is easily the most over wrestler in WWE and is arguably the greatest wrestler in the world. Punk wrestled in independents and mainly ROH before going to WWE. Check out his worked shoot from Raw on youtube last July. He was pretty much gone since his contract was expiring but re-signed because the shoot got him over huge and as long as WWE doesnt screw him over, he'll be their top guy for years. Punk and Danielson have also wrestled matches in ROH that went 30, 60 and even 90 minutes long. Arguably, the two best wrestlers in the world today but the sad part is that WWE only cares about "entertainment" instead of actual wrestling. WWE could be awesome but they focus on too much soap opera drama bullcrap instead of actual wrestling which is sad because talent wise, their roster is better than what it was a decade ago but the wrestlers are new and not well known.

Wrestlemania is actually looking pretty good thus far. Punk vs Jericho, Danielson vs Sheamus, HHH vs Taker in the Hell in a Cell thus far as confirmed for WM 28. If they give the Punk and Danielson matches time, they could steal the show and of course, Rock vs Cena but thats just one of those fantasy type matches. I'm not expecting that match to be half as good as the Punk and Danielson matches.

Here's the link to the shoot -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Is9SdaC-X8

No one will ever be as good as The Rock or Hulk Hogan. Even Stone Cold Steve Austin. People just don't care about wrestling anymore I'd say that's the main reason. I tuned in for a few minutes for the first time in years a few months ago. And they take commercials during the actual matches now. I was like WTF? I guess their ratings are so much worse than it used to be.

And unless you are a wrestling fan, I don't think anyone knows who CM Punk actually is.

Brodeur
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I think he is pretty well known at this point, especially since he threatened to beat the **** out of Chris Brown and it got a fair amount of attention.

Giantsfan1080
02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
*Sigh* You probably liked Goldberg's 15 second long matches to.

I did not. I liked Hall and Nash.

zachsaints52
02-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Cant fault a guy who loves wrestling and wanted to be apart of it.

Couple of memories: Shawn Micheals Royal Rumble where he didn't touch.
Yokozuna breaking the rope.

Chokeslam that broke the ring.

dan77733
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
No one will ever be as good as The Rock or Hulk Hogan. Even Stone Cold Steve Austin. People just don't care about wrestling anymore I'd say that's the main reason. I tuned in for a few minutes for the first time in years a few months ago. And they take commercials during the actual matches now. I was like WTF? I guess their ratings are so much worse than it used to be.

And unless you are a wrestling fan, I don't think anyone knows who CM Punk actually is.

In terms of being "over", Austin surpasses them all. Hogan and Rock were over too at their respective time but in terms of wrestling ability, Punk/Danielson surpass all three. Rock was solid. Austin was damn good but once he suffered that neck/spine injury in 1997, he was never the same. Hogan was one of the worst wrestlers of all time.

And you're right, people dont care because there's no competition anymore. Wrestling isnt fun to watch anymore as it was back when WCW and ECW were alive. Ratings for Raw suck compared to the Monday Night Wars. Both Raw and Nitro used to get as high as an 8.0 rating, maybe even higher but now, its around 2.0 to 3.0 so its safe to say that the other 5.0 worth of fans plus the fans of the other show left a long time ago.

For me, im just watching because two of my favorites are the champions.

Saints-Tigers
02-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Wrestling is equally lame throughout all eras. Stuff from your childhood is just remembered through rose colored goggles... and it's hard to admit you liked something so incredibly lame and fake.

CheeseKnuckles
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Brandon Jacobs is a moron...

phlysac
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I did not. I liked Hall and Nash.

This is the era difference.

You liked Hall and Nash. I hated them. Here's why with more examples.

You remember Nash.
I remember Steel (NWA/earlyWCW).
http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/gallery_photo/photo/image/2011/03/steel.jpg

You remember Hall.
I remember Big Scott Hall (AWA).
http://www.lethalwrestling.com/upload/hall02.jpg

You probably remember Sting's battles with the NWO.
I remember Balde Runner Sting (AWA) and Sting (NWA)
http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/e/e8/Blade_Runners.jpg
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/sting/43.jpg

NWO was HORRIBLE to me because it signaled the end. WCW was failing and it made a last ditch effort to survive by signing all of the WWF's "has-beens" and tried to make it work. It just rehashed old characters tome, and made a mockery of whatever goodness was left in certain characters (like Sting.)

Just my $0.02.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 07:05 PM
That's fair and understandable. It's nothing I'm extremely fond of so I don't care much at this point. At the time I loved it though.

phlysac
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
That's fair and understandable. It's nothing I'm extremely fond of so I don't care much at this point. At the time I loved it though.

Just illustrates the point. If NWO got old for you,over time, imagine how it felt to those who saw NWO as a retirement home to begin with.

WMD
03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I fukken hate that pro rasslin in there tights and their rubbin on other boys boner parts n its just fake they aint even hurtin each other!

Brodeur
03-02-2012, 07:52 PM
NWO was HORRIBLE to me because it signaled the end. WCW was failing and it made a last ditch effort to survive by signing all of the WWF's "has-beens" and tried to make it work. It just rehashed old characters tome, and made a mockery of whatever goodness was left in certain characters (like Sting.)

Just my $0.02.

There are so many things wrong with this. First of all, you can't fault people for past gimmicks that they've hate. Stone Cold was STUNNING STEVE AUSTIN, The Rock was BLUE CHIPPER ROCKY MAIVIA, Triple H was TERRA RYZIN, and The Undertaker was MEAN MARK CALLOUS. It's called building up before you ultimately find your total niche. Second of all, it wasn't a signing of has-beens (outside of Hogan, but it's Hogan so bah), as both Hall/Nash were basically entering what should have been their primes. The problem with the nWo is that when Starrcade 1997 came around, when the nWo should have been beaten down and dismantled, they continued to look strong and weren't booked the way they should have been. It has nothing to do with past gimmicks and ages of the wrestlers (well it did to some degree for the latter), but the fact that the nWo went over budding superstars (Goldberg, Benoit, Jericho, etc.) and WCW was incapable of adapting.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Abort this thread.

dan77733
03-02-2012, 10:32 PM
NWO was awesome when it started and the Outsiders "invading" WCW was great because people actually thought that there were two WWE wrestlers invading WCW. NWO was awesome when it was a small group. To me, any wrestling stable that goes past 5 wrestlers becomes crap and thats what happened to the NWO. And I agree 100% with Brodeur in regards to Starrcade 1997. It should have been the end of the NWO with Sting winning the title at the end. I dont remember if Sting won but I do remember that match being the worst match of 1997 and Hogan taking the weakest bump in history into the guard rail.

For those who say that the NWO killed WCW, they're wrong. It was the guaranteed contracts for the "top stars" that killed WCW. When Nitro first started in September 1995, they had the cruiserweight division and other great wrestlers like Benoit, Guerrero, etc. WCW talent wise blew away WWE. Once Hall and Nash went to WCW, it was huge but it was also the beginning of the end because once Hogan involved himself in it, you knew it was going down hill.

You look at TNA now, its basically WCW part two. Dixie Carter needs to fire Bischoff and Hogan and bring in Paul Heyman at any cost since there's no way in hell, Jim Cornette would go back there.

And Nash was Steel of the Master Blasters, Oz, Vinnie Vegas, Diesel and then Nash. Hall was the Diamond Studd in WCW before Razor Ramon. As far as wrestling goes, Nash was average at best but Hall was damn good. Shame he let the alcohol and drugs ruin his career and life. And while I never saw them wrestle as a team, Hall and the great late Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig were said to be one hell of a tag team in AWA.

I started watching wrestling in 1989 before WrestleMania V. Also started watching NWA/WCW around the same time. Only other promotion I ever watched on a regular basis was ECW. Never saw Sting as the Blade Runners (with Ultimate Warrior) but Sting was easily the better wrestler. Sting was awesome until he became the Crow or whatever the hell he was during the NWO era. I remember Sting/Flair 45 minute draw at Clash of the Champions 1988 on TBS which I think went head to head with WM IV on PPV.

Wrestling now is nowhere what it used to be but thats because theres no competition either. However, WWE is looking to bring back their lightweight division, improve their tag team division (as they tried to sign away the Briscoe Bros. from ROH but were blocked from doing so) so hopefully, WWE will get better because they have the talent but they dont use it like they should.

And for anyone who watched RAW the other day, they had a perfect opportunity during the triple threat tag team title match to impact that divsion by having Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli jump everyone after that match was over. Instead, they're both jobbers in their minor fed or whatever and Kane did what Hero and Claudio should have done.

Stuff like that is what truly pisses me off about wrestling. Talent that should be used to its fullest is instead used to its emptiest.

WMD
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM
There is a Wrestling thread in the Off Topic section.. let's move there.

phlysac
03-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Second of all, it wasn't a signing of has-beens (outside of Hogan, but it's Hogan so bah), as both Hall/Nash were basically entering what should have been their primes.

I just disagree and it's a matter of opinion. I don't feel that 38 year olds who have been in the TOP wrestling promotions 8 and 12 years, respectively, are just "entering their primes."

I absolutely LOVED Big Scott Hall in the old NWA, and AWA. He "found his niche," even though he'd already been main event wrestler and tag team champion, as Razor Ramon, and after he bled that dry, he and Nash became the NWO.

To me, there is a difference between being a newer talent trying to make a name for yourself, like Mark Callous and his "Heart Punch" becoming the Undertaker, than being World famous as one character and then switching organizations and being another character, like Hall-Ramon-Hall.

What can I say, I will always have a higher affinity for late 80's early 90's wrestling, than the latter.