PDA

View Full Version : Kris Dielman to retire

Don Vito
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Just turned 31 and only a few years ago was considered one of the top guards in the league. Another victim of head injuries, I'm sure this will end up being a very big deal. A pretty big blow to San Diego too.

http://missourisportsmag.com/?p=54142

FlyingElvis
02-28-2012, 03:10 PM
This will definitely be an interesting story to follow. I remember hearing about this but it was a blurb and then gone. Maybe Chargers fans (or other CA based fans) can tell us if this story had any legs locally?

Also - (and I hope you didn't write this article, DV) - Holy hack, Batman.

There are two lines in that article and one of them is the horribly written and clearly completely unproofed mess below.

During a game against the New York Jets, Dielman suffered a concussion, which many believeled to his seizure on the plane ride back to San Diego.

Don Vito
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
No I didn't write it, I read the story on ESPN Insider then just found an article that anybody could open. I'm not smart enough to know how to use words like "believeled". God damn genius wrote this.

Apparently the facts in it are correct though, he did have a seizure on a plane after suffering a concussion that game.

FlyingElvis
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
No I didn't write it, I read the story on ESPN Insider then just found an article that anybody could open. I'm not smart enough to know how to use words like "believeled". God damn genius wrote this.

Apparently the facts in it are correct though, he did have a seizure on a plane after suffering a concussion that game.

Ha! Ok, I'm officially taking credit for half of the idiocy. "Believe Led" . . . makes more sense that way and my brain didn't see it at all. lol

That takes it from totally unreadable to a simple typo with a missed space. Anyway, still interested in what fans from the local market have to say. Did this story have any press down at Ole Miss other than the initial reports when it happened?

SolidGold
02-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Chargers need some o-line help in this draft. I also read they will be cutting Castillo. Good thing for them this draft is deep at both positions.

San Diego Chicken
02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Wow. Well if this is the end thanks for the memories Kris... went from an undrafted DT to an all-pro left guard. One of the best, nastiest OL in the NFL in his prime.

OL by far is the #1 need, they just cannot ignore it any longer. They need to suck it up and devote the resources there.

SolidGold
02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I also think they will be parting ways with McNeil...

zachsaints52
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
They look to keep Gaither though.

Dielman and Hardwick were mainstays on that OL. Sucks to see head injuries ruins it for him.

San Diego Chicken
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Ideally -

Lock up Gaither & Hardwick
Sign a veteran G to compete with Green/Vasquez
Draft Glenn to play RT and cut Clary too, saving even more cash.