PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Mock draft - Including compensation pick

WhoDeyBucks
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, let me know what you think of my picks. Don't know if we will pick two small school guys, but I've heard good things about both. The Jordan Palmer pick might be a stretch, but how cool would that be for Carson. :)

1. (18) Chris Houston CB Arkansas
2. (50) - Eric Weddle S Utah
No 3rd Round pick
4. (117) Zak DeOssie ILB Brown
5. (155) Michael Allan TE Whitworth
6. (192) Keith Jackson DT Arkansas
7. (228) Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
7. (253) Jay Richardson DE Ohio State

Scarlet&GreyBengal
03-28-2007, 01:15 PM
i love the first 2 picks, id pefer deshawn wynn somewhere in the 2nd day. Also, alot of people have already said, including Carson, that they wont be taking Jordan Palmer.

I_C_DeadPeople
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Yup, I would rather see Wynn or Booker at 4. I think even the Bengals said he would not draft JP. So how about replacing that pick with the QB from ML's alma mater - Idaho St whos name escapes me.

WhoDeyBucks
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
The QB for Idaho State is Matt Gutierrez (transfer from Michigan).

PalmerToCJ
03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I agree about Wynn or Booker... Good for both this year and next (I doubt Perry comes back in '08).

Love the 1st two picks.

Bengals78
03-28-2007, 04:01 PM
first two picks are the best. Give us Wynn in 4. I like him more than Booker

rickscott
03-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Remember, Booker is the guy whose apartment Nicholson broke into. Not that that really menas anything but for me, Booker is to small. I like Wynn more even tho he's never done much of anything.

PalmerToCJ
03-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Remember, Booker is the guy whose apartment Nicholson broke into. Not that that really menas anything but for me, Booker is to small. I like Wynn more even tho he's never done much of anything.

Booker actually wrote a letter to the judge to lessen Nicholsons sentence so it appears they have made up.

I do like Wynn more as well.

rickscott
04-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I would think that if we were able to trade down maybe with NE at 24, we could pick up their 3rd rd choice. At 24, I think we could still get a Houston or Michael Griffin. In the 2nd rd, of course depending on who we get in rd 1, I would also go DB be it Safety or CB. In Rd 3, A big DT, LB or even I may think about offense and get a O-lineman or a TE. The rest is just BPA in my mind. I do like DeOssie; smart, fast and good character. Michael Allen is a good TE choice for late in the draft also.

Bengals1690
04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
my dream bengals draft

1-Lawrence Timmons
I know its a reach, and i used to hate him. But the more i watch and read about him, i just know that he will be a star and if the bengals dont take him, they will regret it
2. Josh Wilson or Fred Bennet
Wilson has great speed and bennet has great upside and comes from a school that has produced good corners of late (Sheldon Brown, JJ, and Robinson)
4.Josh Gattis

late rounders- doug datish, lorenzo booker, chris henry, david patterson, Yamon Figurs, Jon abbate

^those are just guys i like.

rickscott
04-02-2007, 09:18 PM
1. Paul Posluszny LB
2. Eric Wright CB
3. none
4. John Wendling S
5. Paul Soloiai DT
6. Jared Zabransky QB
7. Alvin Banks RB
7. Brent Celek TE

For today.....tomorrow it will all change.

Bengals78
04-03-2007, 05:37 AM
1. Paul Posluszny LB
2. Eric Wright CB
3. none
4. John Wendling S
5. Paul Soloiai DT
6. Jared Zabransky QB
7. Alvin Banks RB
7. Brent Celek TE

I think 18 could be early for Puz. And I dont like Zabransky.
But the rest would be amazing. I really like the Wendling and Celek picks

Bengals1690
04-03-2007, 09:25 AM
1. Paul Posluszny LB
2. Eric Wright CB
3. none
4. John Wendling S
5. Paul Soloiai DT
6. Jared Zabransky QB
7. Alvin Banks RB
7. Brent Celek TE

we need to avoid players with bad character, so ill say no to wright.

WhoDeyBucks
04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Wright left USC becuase of a rape accusation (later dropped, but they did find some drugs). So no way we take him, just can't afford the bad press.

Did anyone see ESPN and the NFL Network had their "On the Clock" special on the Bengals the last couple days. They both said we will take an OL. ESPN said in the 2nd and NFL Network said the 4th. Don't know about that.

I_C_DeadPeople
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Wright left USC becuase of a rape accusation (later dropped, but they did find some drugs). So no way we take him, just can't afford the bad press.

Did anyone see ESPN and the NFL Network had their "On the Clock" special on the Bengals the last couple days. They both said we will take an OL. ESPN said in the 2nd and NFL Network said the 4th. Don't know about that.

Various drfat sites also have us taking OL, usually Ben Grubbs..hilarious, these guys are so out of touch with teams. ML has pretty much stated that day 1 will be defensive picks.

rickscott
04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I would put our present O-line in the top 5 in the NFL and we are going to draft another???They are crazy. Defense!!!!

PalmerToCJ
04-04-2007, 12:38 AM
LOL I talk to other teams fans and say how while losing Steinbach hurts it's very easy to overcome... They then say it hurts because we have to spend a high draft pick in order to find his replacement oblivious to the fact that we have Andrews and Whitworth who are more than adequate.

If Levi stays healthy the offense will surpass the '05 level and I wouldn't doubt Carson taking home the MVP.

rickscott
04-06-2007, 04:06 AM
I was reading Bengals.com and it appears that we will not be taking a LBer with an early pick. Brooks has been working hard and he mentions that he expects Odell will be back and Landon has put on some weight. If all of that comes to pass, we are in good shape at LBer and maybe any talk about Poz, Timmons or Beason is wrong. I hope it's true so we can concentrate on DBs for the first couple rounds. I'd love to be able to go CB, Safety in 1-2.

WhoDeyBucks
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I was reading Bengals.com and it appears that we will not be taking a LBer with an early pick. Brooks has been working hard and he mentions that he expects Odell will be back and Landon has put on some weight. If all of that comes to pass, we are in good shape at LBer and maybe any talk about Poz, Timmons or Beason is wrong. I hope it's true so we can concentrate on DBs for the first couple rounds. I'd love to be able to go CB, Safety in 1-2.

Yea, I saw that as well. But I know from past years, it seems like they use the site as a "smokescreen" on what their true draft plans are. Like you said, I hope it's true.

I_C_DeadPeople
04-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't think that rules out taking a LB at all. Two years ago we thought we were 'set' for many years but Odell's idiocy and Pollack's injury took care of that. Like the Whitworth pick last year, you can never have enough good players at one position. Landon is signed for one year only at this point I think and Odell cannot be counted on at this point. Taking that into account you have Brooks who is unproven, Miller who just started getting on the filed but has been injured, Johnson who has been steady but injury prone as well and then converted guys like Jeanty and Henderson. If EVERYTHING falls into place that could be a great group, but it also may not.

I believe the basic draft plan will be BPA on defense for sure in rounds one and two - after that probably just BPA but with a defensive leaning so to speak.

rickscott
04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I think they absolutely must get a CB in the first 2 rds.