PDA

View Full Version : Steelers won't tag Mike Wallace

gpngc
03-01-2012, 12:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7633206/pittsburgh-steelers-franchise-wr-mike-wallace-source-says

Instead, they'll place a first-round tender on him. Which means a team can sign him to an offer sheet, and if Pittsburgh chooses not to match, they'll lose Wallace but get that team's latest first-round pick. Keep in mind Pittsburgh is over the cap. Or very close to it if they are somehow under.

If this report is true (and it probably is), how on earth does Wallace stay with Pittsburgh? 49ers, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Texans... why not "draft" Wallace in the first round and sign him to a long-term deal? Unless he doesn't sign any offer sheets, he's as good as gone... right? The only question is to who? 49ers have some cap space...

Santonio10
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7633206/pittsburgh-steelers-franchise-wr-mike-wallace-source-says

Instead, they'll place a first-round tender on him. Which means a team can sign him to an offer sheet, and if Pittsburgh chooses not to match, they'll lose Wallace but get that team's latest first-round pick. Keep in mind Pittsburgh is over the cap. Or very close to it if they are somehow under.

If this report is true (and it probably is), how on earth does Wallace stay with Pittsburgh? 49ers, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Texans... why not "draft" Wallace in the first round and sign him to a long-term deal? Unless he doesn't sign any offer sheets, he's as good as gone... right? The only question is to who? 49ers have some cap space...

I'm guessing he is on his way out. I'm thinking the Patriots get him since they have two first rounders to play with. Hopefully, if he doesn't re-sign with Pitt, he goes to the 49ers.

fear the elf
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, in the Browns case, they give up the original pick correct? So the #4? I don't want the Steelers to have that. They do well enough with late round picks every year as it is...

jrdrylie
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
For teams wanting a receiver, Wallace is a much better option than a guy like Wright, Jeffery, or Sanu that you would get witha mid-to-late first round pick. Pittsburgh says that after all their finagling with contracts, they'll be able to match offers on him. But not if teams are smart. Front load that contract. Guarantee him $15 million if he makes the opening day roster.

Jvig43
03-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Thank you steelers.

BamaFalcon59
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Will be over if the Pats snag him.

ryno626
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Make it happen Mr. Kraft!

Thunder&Lightning
03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Can the Pats for once do something that makes sense to the fans...

Jvig43
03-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Were convinced he trolls these boards. Reads what we say and just gives us the middle finger. But seriously BB.....

Lets party. Get Wallace.

DoughBoy
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
I can't wait to see you guys get let down. Its the only fun part of FA (because I am a tits fan).

:(

ImBrotherCain
03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
The last two teams I want to see have Mike Wallace are the Steelers and the Patriots.

The only reason I don't want to see him on the Pats is just because that would just be unfair. Even though it would probably be his best fit.

Thunder&Lightning
03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I can't wait to see you guys get let down. Its the only fun part of FA (because I am a tits fan).

Past gettting "let down" by the patriots lately, it has happened way too much.. its expected nowadays

DoughBoy
03-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Past gettting "let down" by the patriots lately, it has happened way too much.. its expected nowadays

Atleast you guys sign some big names that give you a smidge of hope from time to time. Our last big name FA signing was a washed up Alge Crumpler.

ImBrotherCain
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM

I think we are all a fan of tits
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/1305301425185.gif

FlyingElvis
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Were convinced he trolls these boards. Reads what we say and just gives us the middle finger. But seriously BB.....

Lets party. Get Wallace.

I was going the same way with that one. Please, Pats fans, demand vocally on these boards that BB stay away from Wallace!

Shane P. Hallam
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
They can't afford a franchise tag, but probably could afford whatever offer sheet gets sent up. I think people overestimate that a team is willing to spend a 1st round pick and 8-9 mill a year on Wallace.

FlyingElvis
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Also, I know the "rule" is the team must give up their own pick in the round. But, is that set in stone, or is it the same as the frachise tag requiring two first round picks?

Shane P. Hallam
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Also, I know the "rule" is the team must give up their own pick in the round. But, is that set in stone, or is it the same as the frachise tag requiring two first round picks?

It is set in stone in the new CBA.

Jvig43
03-01-2012, 01:12 PM
As someone said, whatever team decides to make an offer should just load up the guaranteed money for this year and dick over the steelers.

FlyingElvis
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
As someone said, whatever team decides to make an offer should just load up the guaranteed money for this year and dick over the steelers.

Yup. And then if Wallace is disappearing he's a cheap(ish) cut in the following years of the frontloaded contract.

Jakey
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
If Wallace goes, (and it pains me to say this) i hope he lands with the Pats. I would love to see Wallace continue catching bombs and having a top-tier career. If he stays in Pittsburgh, or goes to NE, that will happen. If he lands with the 49ers, he will fade into mediocrity pretty fast.

jrdrylie
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Two teams that intrigue me are Miami and Houston. If Miami is able to get a QB in free agency, they won't have to use their first round pick to draft one. If Flynn (who I am assuming they would get) is actually a good player, that offense will be awesome with him throwing to Marshall and Wallace.

Houston is also an interesting landing spot. They don't have any real pressing needs. Lining up Wallace across from Andre Johnson would just be unfair. Before Schaub was injured, you could make a case that they were the favorites to come out of the AFC.

I'll make a prediction. If Wallace leaves Pittsburgh, the team he goes to will go to the Super Bowl. The top five favorites being Houston, Baltimore, New England, San Francisco, and Chicago.

gpngc
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
They can't afford a franchise tag, but probably could afford whatever offer sheet gets sent up. I think people overestimate that a team is willing to spend a 1st round pick and 8-9 mill a year on Wallace.

What do you say to that, Shane? What's the franchise # for WRs (ballpark)?

I just don't see how the Steelers couldn't tag him and negotiate if they plan to keep him.

By tendering him, they are letting another team negotiate for them. That's scary... and I'd think a team would be willing to pay him a nice amount - he's proven to be one of the top receivers in the NFL.

I'm just trying to envision a scenario in which the Steelers do indeed keep him, but I can't. Paint that picture for me please.

Shane P. Hallam
03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
What do you say to that, Shane? What's the franchise # for WRs (ballpark)?

I just don't see how the Steelers couldn't tag him and negotiate if they plan to keep him.

By tendering him, they are letting another team negotiate for them. That's scary... and I'd think a team would be willing to pay him a nice amount - he's proven to be one of the top receivers in the NFL.

I'm just trying to envision a scenario in which the Steelers do indeed keep him, but I can't. Paint that picture for me please.

You are letting a team make an offer, but you also get a 1st round pick out of it.

Last year, tender for VJax was between 10 and 11 million dollars.

Scenarios where he stays a Steelers:

1. No one offers him a deal

2. He's offered a deal for less than 10 mil. a year.

Steelers can get 10 mill by:

Hines Ward (about 3 mill)
Casey Hampton (about 3 mill)
Aaron Smith (about 2 mill)
Chris Kem. (about 3 mill)

That's 11, and a another restructure or 2 gives them enough for draft picks.

gpngc
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
But last year FA happened after the draft....

descendency
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
They don't have the cap space to tag him. They HAD to tender him.

vidae
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
If I'm a team like the 49ers, Patriots, Ravens etc.. this is a no brainer. Get a legit #1 target who can stretch the field for a late first? Yes please.

Shane P. Hallam
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
But last year FA happened after the draft....

What does that affect?

Jakey
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
If Wallace goes, (and it pains me to say this) i hope he lands with the Pats. I would love to see Wallace continue catching bombs and having a top-tier career. If he stays in Pittsburgh, or goes to NE, that will happen. If he lands with the 49ers, he will fade into mediocrity pretty fast.

I forgot to mention...if he did land in NE, i would never want the Steelers to play them...and i would only be cool with it if the Pats never won the superbowl again XD

Pat Sims 90
03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Too Bad Mike Brown is too dumb to make this deal.

AJ Green, Mike Wallace, Jordan Shipley, and Jermaine Gresham would be amazing.

Jvig43
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Even if it's less than ten million a year wouldnt a team just have to guarantee him more money this year than the steelers could give? That was the point of the front loaded contract, dicking over the steelers.

gpngc
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
What does that affect?

I don't know.

You're saying a team could have signed VJax to an offer sheet, giving up their 2012 1st-round pick last July? Why did it have to be 10-11 million? Isn't an offer sheet an original offer? I'm just trying to understand the situation.

descendency
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm actually assuming (at this point, you can infer whatever you want about that) that he will be a Bengal. It makes way way way too much sense.

They are giving up a lower pick (their pick from Oakland is higher) to get a talent for their team that their QB would love to have. Their offense could be dynamic with him.

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd rather have NE get him than Cincy.

Shane P. Hallam
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't know.

You're saying a team could have signed VJax to an offer sheet, giving up their 2012 1st-round pick last July? Why did it have to be 10-11 million? Isn't an offer sheet an original offer? I'm just trying to understand the situation.

VJax got the franchise tag last year, you asked for a cap number for it. It is 10-11 million.

dan77733
03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
As a 49ers fan, I would LOVE Wallace for our 30th overall draft pick. Niners could let Rogers walk and whatever money would go to him could go to Wallace. If it was me personally, I would offer Wallace a 5 year $50m deal with at least $20m guaranteed and heavily front loaded so the Steelers cant match and because its a smarter decision for the team. Granted, the price is steep but 49ers management are morons if they dont at least look at that possibility because he's younger than Colston, V. Jax, Bowe and is better than D. Jax, Garcon, Manningham and Meachem. Wallace also provides the offense with their number one need...a speed receiver on the outside who's a deep threat. Of course, I dont see that happening.

One team that could become a Super Bowl contender with two moves alone would be the Bengals. If they can trade their two first round draft picks to PIT and HOU for WR Mike Wallace and RB Arian Foster, along with Green and Gresham, Dalton would have plenty of weapons and with that solid defense. All they would need is to improve their OL. With $60m in cap room and the salary cap expected to go up to $150m in 2013, if I was running Cincy, I would go after both of them plus Nicks and/or Grubbs if they hit UFA FA.

FlyingElvis
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
One team that could become a Super Bowl contender with two moves alone would be the Bengals. If they can trade their two first round draft picks to PIT and HOU for WR Mike Wallace and RB Arian Foster, along with Green and Gresham, Dalton would have plenty of weapons and with that solid defense. All they would need is to improve their OL. With $60m in cap room and the salary cap expected to go up to $150m in 2013, if I was running Cincy, I would go after both of them plus Nicks and/or Grubbs if they hit UFA FA.

That would be insane. But there's just no way Brown goes on a wild spending spree like that.

Tolbert is the RB it think will land in Cinci. He'd be a solid add there without breaking the bank or losing a draft pick.

Jughead10
03-01-2012, 03:04 PM
It wouldn't be a poison pill exactly, but couldn't any given team with a ton of cap space front load this contract and make it difficult for the Steelers this year?

Ravens1991
03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Schefter said if you give him a 20 million dollar roster bonus then the Steelers would be screwed. He also said Ravens will be in the mix. Smith and Wallace going deep would be un real plus taking a steelers fan favorite would be a good kick in the balls to Pitt. To bad we dont have the cap to do it.

Jughead10
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Schefter said if you give him a 20 million dollar roster bonus then the Steelers would be screwed. He also said Ravens will be in the mix. Smith and Wallace going deep would be un real. TOo bad we dont have the cap to do it.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. One of these teams with 30+ million in cap room can give him a ton of money this year and then ease the cap hit as the contract goes on. Teams don't normally do that because most are up against the ceiling but we have a very large number of teams with abnormal cap room.

coordinator0
03-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Schefter said if you give him a 20 million dollar roster bonus then the Steelers would be screwed. He also said Ravens will be in the mix. Smith and Wallace going deep would be un real plus taking a steelers fan favorite would be a good kick in the balls to Pitt. To bad we dont have the cap to do it.

Yeah, we're not going to have enough cap room to offer Wallace a big enough bonus in the first year to lure him away from anybody. If we cut Foxworth and Evans and tender all of our EFA and RFA accordingly we're left with about $15 million in cap space (that projection is if the cap is set at $123 million). That's before we tag Rice. Wallace won't be a Raven next season.

Ravens1991
03-01-2012, 03:26 PM
We can cut Ed Reed, I saw some idiot journalist suggest that the other day.

coordinator0
03-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah that would free up $7.2 million, but it's highly unlikely to happen. Would that idiot journalist happen to be Mike Preston?

Ravens1991
03-01-2012, 03:44 PM
no someone from WNST I forget his name

gpngc
03-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Steelers just made another money-saving move, parting ways with Aaron Smith.

The 49ers have the room to make an offer. Clearly the Ravens don't. What about the Browns, Bengals, Bears, and Patriots?

SuperPacker
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
The Steelers will be hoping someone like the Eagles, Bengals or Bears go in for him. They wouldn't like to lose Wallace for a late first round pick lol.

coordinator0
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
The Browns would have to give up the 4th pick, that doesn't seem likely.

Jughead10
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
The Pats and Bengals make the most sense because they have later picks and have 2 first rounds picks. Plus the Bengals have a TON of cap space. And I have to think the Pats have some space as well. Especially if they cut Light.

SuperPacker
03-01-2012, 04:02 PM
The Bengals would be pretty awesome with Wallace and Green! And then try and trade up for Richardson and you have the best supporting cast a quarterback would want.

Mike Brown needs to make this happen!

bucfan12
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
The Ravens are licking there chops right now for March 13th.

Jughead10
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
The Bengals would be pretty awesome with Wallace and Green! And then try and trade up for Richardson and you have the best supporting cast a quarterback would want.

Mike Brown needs to make this happen!

Well if they got Wallace, they'd have no ammo to move up for Richardson.

descendency
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Sounds like a great plan...

Is a fan of a team that needs a free safety.

SuperPacker
03-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Well if they got Wallace, they'd have no ammo to move up for Richardson.

What like the 17th pick?

Jughead10
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
What like the 17th pick?

Yeah but what else would they give up? They'd have to trade their entire remaining draft basically.

SuperPacker
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah but what else would they give up? They'd have to trade their entire remaining draft basically.

Hahaha why?

Moving up 10 picks will probably cost you a future 1st and a 3rd and 4th or something. Not really a whole draft.

Mr. Goosemahn
03-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I think we're trying to clear up more cap space to sign him long term.

Also, OG Chris Kemoeatu was released right now. Today's cuts save the Steelers about $8 million more.

bucfan12
03-01-2012, 04:56 PM

Also, OG Chris Kemoeatu was released right now. Today's cuts save the Steelers about $8 million more.

I think it's time to admit the Steelers are about to enter rebuilding mode, especially on defense.

Mr. Goosemahn
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I think it's time to admit the Steelers are about to enter rebuilding mode, especially on defense.

Oh, absolutely. But it won't be as long and arduous a process as some people think, IMO. Almost half of the pieces are already there. We're a young NT from having the D-Line (Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward), one ILB from having the LB corps (LaMarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, and Jason Worilds), we've got three young CBs who've yet to be good or suck (Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Keenan Lewis, though Keenan Lewis has been solid), and we do need safeties. Ryan Mundy is there, but I'm not sure the team views him as a long term answer.

So if we get a good NT and ILB this year, we'll be in pretty good shape. Of course, everything is always easier said than done, so we'll see how things ultimately play out.

Jughead10
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Hahaha why?

Moving up 10 picks will probably cost you a future 1st and a 3rd and 4th or something. Not really a whole draft.

Well if you are giving up a future first then yes. I didn't consider that. But I wouldn't give up future picks for a RB.

SuperPacker
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Well if you are giving up a future first then yes. I didn't consider that. But I wouldn't give up future picks for a RB.

If they did get Wallace and Richardson they wouldnt be picking early so it wont matter.

What did Jacksonville give up last year to get Gabbert? It would be a similar trade to that.

J255979-11nine
03-01-2012, 05:55 PM

If that were to happen BB would have an orgasm powerful enough to shake the east coast, even if Ed is past his prime.

gpngc
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM

So maybe they'll end up franchising him anyway? Why would Schefter report that they were tendering him?

If they save enough to sign him long-term, why wouldn't they franchise him? So they have the felxibility to do other things rather than having $10 milion invested in the cap because of the tag?

Hines
03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I think you can cross the Bengals off the list. IIRC reading, a Bengals beat writer said that Mike Brown wasn't interested in making that type of move. Could it be smokescreen? Absolutely.

bigbuc
03-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I Pats already have done a trade like this for Wes. So to me they're in the lead. But if I'm the 49ers... I do in a heartbeat.

Taber21
03-01-2012, 07:29 PM
If Houston has the salary cap space, which if I am correct they might not especially if they plan on bringing Mario back, they seem to be the best suited team to give up a 1st for him. They probably have the fewest holes of the potential landing spots. If they can't, then New England has to be considered the favorites given the two picks, but San Francisco would seem likely to be in the mix as well.

themaninblack
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
I think you can cross the Bengals off the list. IIRC reading, a Bengals beat writer said that Mike Brown wasn't interested in making that type of move. Could it be smokescreen? Absolutely.

Mikey also wasn't going to give in to Carson Palmer's trade demands.

I'd be shocked if we did it but you'd have to think we're one of the more likely teams to make a significant offer with our cap space/extra picks plus Jerome's legal situation as well as the injury history of Jordan Shipley.

Complex
03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Mikey also wasn't going to give in to Carson Palmer's trade demands.

I'd be shocked if we did it but you'd have to think we're one of the more likely teams to make a significant offer with our cap space/extra picks plus Jerome's legal situation as well as the injury history of Jordan Shipley.

He also didn't know that there was some idiot wanting to trade Carson Palmer for 2 1st rounders or a 1st and 2nd.

Pat Sims 90
03-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Bengals beat writters also have said Mike Brown would never deal Carson and Mike Brown would never take a TE in the 1st Round.

The fact that the Bengals are starting to hire more scouts and making changes in the personal department makes me question even if Mike is still in charge. Seems like his daughter is taking over.

OSUGiants17
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Wish the Giants had the money to get this guy to replace Mario. My bet is he goes to NE or Cincy

Iamcanadian
03-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I'll still be quite shocked if the Steelers don't retain Wallace, I'm guessing they get it done but there are going to be some big name cuts on the team.

Nalej
03-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I can see it now

http://assets.espn.go.com/sportscenter/images/TIMTOMT.jpghttp://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ap110925065614.jpg

Ravens1991
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
If that were to happen BB would have an orgasm powerful enough to shake the east coast, even if Ed is past his prime.

Yeah there has never been a bigger man crush of a coach with an opposing player then BB on Reed. It was funny cause they zoomed in on Bradys sweatband and he wrote "Know where 20 is" on his wrist band

FlyingElvis
03-02-2012, 08:36 AM
The Pats and Bengals make the most sense because they have later picks and have 2 first rounds picks. Plus the Bengals have a TON of cap space. And I have to think the Pats have some space as well. Especially if they cut Light.

The Pats could pull it off pretty easily, I think. Light and Waters have both mentioned retirement as a realisitic possibility this year (though I don't think Waters is even under contract?) and cutting Ocho is an easy choice.

I still think it's a pipe dream. But BB has to see how ugly our passing attack was with zero WR's able to get open and make an impact down the stretch.

Jughead10
03-02-2012, 08:39 AM
The Pats could pull it off pretty easily, I think. Light and Waters have both mentioned retirement as a realisitic possibility this year (though I don't think Waters is even under contract?) and cutting Ocho is an easy choice.

I still think it's a pipe dream. But BB has to see how ugly our passing attack was with zero WR's able to get open and make an impact down the stretch.

Just that one player would fix your offense, not that it's really broken anyway. You could literally get him, and just focus all other resources on the defense. And maybe a O-lineman somewhere.

FlyingElvis
03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Just that one player would fix your offense, not that it's really broken anyway. You could literally get him, and just focus all other resources on the defense. And maybe a O-lineman somewhere.

100% right. It seems so obvious . . . which is why it won't happen.

Th30ry
03-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Send him to Cleveland for the first round pick they got from Atlanta and let them move up what they need to to get RG3, then have a freaking field day out there with that offense. That's what I want to see. Screw the Patriots, I'm sick of them, I wanna see some fresh blood have some success and I feel bad for the Browns fans, let them have some more glory days like they used to!

FlyingElvis
03-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Send him to Cleveland for the first round pick they got from Atlanta and let them move up what they need to to get RG3, then have a freaking field day out there with that offense. That's what I want to see. Screw the Patriots, I'm sick of them, I wanna see some fresh blood have some success and I feel bad for the Browns fans, let them have some more glory days like they used to!

Teams have to trade their own pick. Cleveland would have to give up #4.

Th30ry
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Teams have to trade their own pick. Cleveland would have to give up #4.

Doh, scratch that idea then.

Jughead10
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Can't arrange a deal like that. It's in the CBA that the team losing the player gets the actual team's pick and not another team's pick they may have acquired in a trade.

descendency
03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
though I don't think Waters is even under contract?

The Brian Waters contract was a 2 year deal.

mightytitan9
03-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Can't arrange a deal like that. It's in the CBA that the team losing the player gets the actual team's pick and not another team's pick they may have acquired in a trade.

If the Steelers were to tender him, I believe they could then trade him for a pick if they wanted. The Titans did it several years back with McCareins, so if a team like Cleveland really wanted him they could trade a pick or two for him if they weren't willing to give the #4 pick.

Only problem with that is the Steelers would have to accept the trade, which probably wouldn't happen

Jughead10
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
If the Steelers were to tender him, I believe they could then trade him for a pick if they wanted. The Titans did it several years back with McCareins, so if a team like Cleveland really wanted him they could trade a pick or two for him if they weren't willing to give the #4 pick.

Only problem with that is the Steelers would have to accept the trade, which probably wouldn't happen

Well yeah, they could do that. But like you said, the Steelers don't want to lose Wallace.

FlyingElvis
03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
That's been covered. I think the only thing they could do would be to negotiate a contract with Pitt that the new team is willing to accept and then make a deal. But if Pitt can afford the deal I doubt they'd do that.

It is set in stone in the new CBA.

J-Mike88
03-10-2012, 07:43 AM
What are the chances Wallace ends up in Washington now to give RG3 a legit weapon there, who's still young?

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 07:45 AM
They dont have a 1st round draft pick to give up.

Jvig43
03-10-2012, 09:13 AM
What are the chances Wallace ends up in Washington now to give RG3 a legit weapon there, who's still young?

God dammit is this a stupid post. Do you know anything, about anything or do you just like seeing that post number go up under your name? Way to make me click on this thread under the assumption someone brought an article about Wallace in to be discussed or something.

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 09:17 AM
God dammit is this a stupid post. Do you know anything, about anything or do you just like seeing that post number go up under your name? Way to make me click on this thread under the assumption someone brought an article about Wallace in to be discussed or something.

Im sensing you're not in a good mood :wink2:

Jvig43
03-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Im sensing you're not in a good mood :wink2:

Haha no I just don't understand how one of the biggest threads/stories in the nfl right now was that the redskins have just given up 3 firsts to get RG3. What does he think they are going to magically give another first to the steelers for Wallace?

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Haha no I just don't understand how one of the biggest threads/stories in the nfl right now was that the redskins have just given up 3 firsts to get RG3. What does he think they are going to magically give another first to the steelers for Wallace?

i cant really say much cus when i first read it i was like "yeah that would be awesome" but then i stopped to think about it and realised it was impossible.

Jvig43
03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Well I give you credit for getting that far haha. I lost it at Washington.

PoopSandwich
03-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Let me do my best J-Mike 88 impression.

Wow, with this RGIII trade there are a ton of implications and factors I think the rest of the NFL will feel after such a monumental blockbuster insane incredible wild miraculous supercalafragalisticexpialadocious trade.

-- WHO do YOU THINK will want to sign with the Redskins in free agency now that they have one of the MOST ATHLETIC most ANALYZED and HIGHLY TOUTED Quarterbacks to come along since the likes of Mike Vick?

-- WHAT do YOU THINK the ramifications of this will be on future deals in the draft? DO YOU THINK that Matt Barkley will command up to 5 first round picks!?!?!?

-- WHERE do YOU THINK Matty Flynn will go now that it is almost a forgone conclusion that RGIII is going to the Redskins and it is almost a closed deal that Peyton Manning will go to the Broncos or Dolphins.

-- WHEN do YOU THINK the Redskins will make the Super Bowl, one, two years? Do you think they can beat my super ******* awesome Packers (that I predicted would lose to the Giants guys, I even bet on it, I swear).

-- WHY do YOU THINK the price for the second pick was so high? I mean come on, there are other guys ya can get, JUST LOOK AT TT'S JOB BUILDING THE PACKERS!!!!

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Wow, with this RGIII trade there are a ton of implications and factors I think the rest of the NFL will feel after such a monumental blockbuster insane incredible wild miraculous supercalafragalisticexpialadocious trade.

-- WHO do YOU THINK will want to sign with the Redskins in free agency now that they have one of the MOST ATHLETIC most ANALYZED and HIGHLY TOUTED Quarterbacks to come along since the likes of Mike Vick?

-- WHAT do YOU THINK the ramifications of this will be on future deals in the draft? DO YOU THINK that Matt Barkley will command up to 5 first round picks!?!?!?

-- WHERE do YOU THINK Matty Flynn will go now that it is almost a forgone conclusion that RGIII is going to the Redskins and it is almost a closed deal that Peyton Manning will go to the Broncos or Dolphins.

-- WHEN do YOU THINK the Redskins will make the Super Bowl, one, two years? Do you think they can beat my super ******* awesome Packers (that I predicted would lose to the Giants guys, I even bet on it, I swear).

-- WHY do YOU THINK the price for the second pick was so high? I mean come on, there are other guys ya can get, JUST LOOK AT TT'S JOB BUILDING THE PACKERS!!!!

I just pissed myself!

There needs to be a poll in there somewhere :lol:

A Perfect Score
03-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Trolling a troll...Inception!

This was brilliant.

Jvig43
03-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah Bravo WB that was excellent.

J255979-11nine
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Trolling a troll...Inception!

This was brilliant.

J-Mike is in no way a troll, just a complete jackass.

dan77733
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Actually, if WSH could give up their 2015 first round draft pick to PIT for Wallace, they probably would. Haha. LOL.

WCH
03-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Actually, if WSH could give up their 2015 first round draft pick to PIT for Wallace, they probably would. Haha. LOL.

True. I doubt they'd think twice! LOL.

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Any team would give up a 2015 first round pick for Mike Wallace, you'd be getting a first round talent for a first round pick 4 years away. :wink2:

Caddy
03-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Any team would give up a 2015 first round pick for Mike Wallace, you'd be getting a first round talent for a first round pick 4 years away. :wink2:

Your math is bad

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Your math is bad

How many years away? I meant drafts anyway, its 4 drafts away.

Caddy
03-10-2012, 06:57 PM
How many years away? I meant drafts anyway, its 4 drafts away.

2015 - 2012 = 3

SuperPacker
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
2015 - 2012 = 3

A* in maths ftw...