PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston cut?

Shane P. Hallam
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
He just posted on twitter. Mighty weird for one of the top RTs in the NFL to get outright cut. Any ideas from Texans fans on this?

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
He just posted on twitter. Mighty weird for one of the top RTs in the NFL to get outright cut. Any ideas from Texans fans on this?

Texans might want to use that money to re-sign Chris Myers instead. Center is really a more important position. Or it could have to do with clearing space to make a power play for Manning. But it's most likely something I haven't said.

Nalej
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
We noted a week ago that Winston’s $5.5 million base salary made him a candidate to be asked to take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Texans’ decision to release him today still comes as a surprise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/texans-cut-eric-winston/

P.Manning is the first thing that came to mind though.
Only bc I read Manning was going to visit Houston soon (or has already)

SuperPacker
03-12-2012, 05:54 PM
5.5 million is a great deal. Very surprised at this news.

P.S. Where have you been for the last 32442123 years Nalej?

Shane P. Hallam
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/texans-cut-eric-winston/

P.Manning is the first thing that came to mind though.
Only bc I read Manning was going to visit Houston soon (or has already)

John McClain says they aren't a player. I guess we will see.

TACKLE
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Very surprising. He now becomes the best OT in the free agent market now imo. I hope the Ravens sign him to play LT.

Caddy
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
He can come to Tampa!

SolidGold
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
wow...kind of surprised...he is one of the top RTs in the league and a key piece to their success running the ball

vidae
03-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Oh you guys are so cute. He's coming to Kansas City to play RT.

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2012, 05:57 PM

Right. Doesn't he think they're doing that to make Bud Adams paranoid and potentially drive Peyton's price up even further?

Nalej
03-12-2012, 06:02 PM

http://thekey.xpn.org/files/2010/11/JohnMclane-300x408.jpg
Well, if he said it, you won't hear an argument from me.

Vaylor
03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
The Texans are $4.7M over the cap. They had to make this move.

Caddy
03-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Go back to the Peyton thread!

vidae
03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Go back to the Peyton thread!

Go back to the Josh Freeman is the MVP thread!

TonyGfortheTD
03-12-2012, 06:04 PM

He better hide quickly under a rock so Pioli can find him

Ness
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Might be trying to get Mario Williams back. Sucks though. He's a good player. I'd love to have him on the 49ers over Anthony Davis. I still doubt they are making this move to try and make a run at Manning. Too bad Winston was the first to go instead of Jacoby Jones.

SolidGold
03-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Might be trying to get Mario Williams back. Sucks though. He's a good player. I'd love to have him on the 49ers over Anthony Davis. I still doubt they are making this move to try and make a run at Manning. Too bad Winston was the first to go instead of Jacoby Jones.

LOL...good point. Not sure how Jacoby Jones has survived.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd play him at LT in the ATL.

Caddy
03-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Go back to the Josh Freeman is the MVP thread!

Now you get Chad Henne!

vidae
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Now you get Chad Henne!

No, I'm sorry. :(

Fico
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Winston was due 5.5 mil in each of the next two seasons. He was cut because he was to expensive for what he was as a player. His strength is in the ground game, and he was merely average in pass protection. His rep comes from starting every game for 5 years. He was the vocal leader for the OL so it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Don't kid yourselves, he will never play LT unless your GM has death wish for the QB.

I suspect Jacoby Jones and Lienart will be cut as well.

The Texans have to get Myers signed, then they can worry about Mario and Breisel. The Mannning thing isn't going to happen unless they can move Schuab. I doubt they can move Schuab as I doubt he can pass a physical with his foot.

indyfan1985
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Make that Indy. Indy wants OL help for Luck, and it'd be nice to take away from a division rival.

OzTitan
03-12-2012, 06:50 PM
If the Texans want Manning, they won't let the inability to "move" (trade?) Schuab stop them - they'd just cut him.

I see this move though as a simple cap clearing move. The Texans were in a bit of a cap situation. They maintain interest in signing Mario but I can't see how, unless he takes a massive pay cut. Peppers' cap number is close to $20M per season.

tjsunstein
03-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Wait, the Chiefs never drafted Bulaga?

vidae
03-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Wait, the Chiefs never drafted Bulaga?

No, we got a Pro Bowl Safety instead.

Sloopy
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM

Don't be silly... He isn't from Iowa... duh :P

Splat
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Outside of QB this is arguable the Chiefs biggest need and yet it probably won't happen.

diabsoule
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
The three teams I suspect would have the most interest in Winston are the Browns, Chiefs, and Colts, not necessarily in that order.

georgiafan
03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
any chance he could play LT or is he just a RT?

Brothgar
03-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I think Washington could be an option too isn't Brown a free agent?

mightytitan9
03-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure how much cap Washington still has (anyone know?) but he'd fit that system perfectly

SolidGold
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I think Washington is going to be a huge player in FA. Winston would be a smart signing - he knows the system and is familiar with Kyle Shanahan. However the redskins might try to make a splash and get skill position guys rather than focus on the o-line.

DiG
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I think Washington could be an option too isn't Brown a free agent?

brown is likely going to get cut. he has underperformed and been hurt way too much.

A Perfect Score
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
How the hell is Washington going to sign anyone, they just lost 36 million against their cap...

DiG
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
How the hell is Washington going to sign anyone, they just lost 36 million against their cap...

someone aint paying full attention...

bucfan12
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Apparently they were 31-32 million under originally, but only have to take half of the that hit this off-season. They have room to sign some FAs,b but not the impact they may have wanted.

A Perfect Score
03-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Apparently they were 31-32 million under originally, but only have to take half of the that hit this off-season. They have room to sign some FAs,b but not the impact they may have wanted.

I understand the penalty is split between this offseason and next, but that should still only leave them about 15 million to play with. They want to sign Vincent Jackson, Eric Winston and RGIII with 15 mill in cap space? That's something I'd like to see.

DiG
03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I understand the penalty is split between this offseason and next, but that should still only leave them about 15 million to play with. They want to sign Vincent Jackson, Eric Winston and RGIII with 15 mill in cap space? That's something I'd like to see.

They dont need any space for RG3. You have until the draft to get to the rookie pay scale minimum. It has no effect on FA now and the rumor is the skins plan to ignore the penalty. Well see if they actually do or not.

bucfan12
03-13-2012, 12:27 PM

Yeah I know. Snyder is dumb enough to invest it all into 1 player too. I'm sure they'll rework some deals though to sign there rookies. I still think they'll go all in for Jackson.

I doubt they get Winston though.

A Perfect Score
03-13-2012, 12:29 PM
They dont need any space for RG3. You have until the draft to get to the rookie pay scale minimum. It has no effect on FA now and the rumor is the skins plan to ignore the penalty. Well see if they actually do or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Redskins, I just don't see how it's possible to make those moves with that little space. I'm even more intrigued by the idea of the Skins just ignoring an NFL sanctioned penalty. That should blow up nicely (even if ignoring it is justified, which I certainly think you can make a case for).

bucfan12
03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Redskins, I just don't see how it's possible to make those moves with that little space. I'm even more intrigued by the idea of the Skins just ignoring an NFL sanctioned penalty. That should blow up nicely (even if ignoring it is justified, which I certainly think you can make a case for).

Im on baord with you. They cannot make the type of impact they hoped to, in terms of building around RG III with high profiled FAs this off-season.

PoopSandwich
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
The three teams I suspect would have the most interest in Winston are the Browns, Chiefs, and Colts, not necessarily in that order.

Browns could really use a right tackle... Him and retaining Hillis with a health Steinbach coming back would be an excellent free agency alone. Would expect us to add a Doucet or something as well.

DiG
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Seems just as likely to blow up in the NFLs face

A Perfect Score
03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Seems just as likely to blow up in the NFLs face

Yeah I wasn't saying it would blow up in the Skins face, just that it will blow up in general and I can watch anarchy spread across the NFL like wildfire.

Brothgar
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM

Well the Skins don't have to decrease their cap until next year. So what they can do is go aggressive in free agency this year take the leftover as a cap hit due to penalty after any court regulations happen.

WCH
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah I wasn't saying it would blow up in the Skins face, just that it will blow up in general and I can watch anarchy spread across the NFL like wildfire.

I actually think it would be a lot of fun to see what would happen if the 'Skins just told the league to go screw itself and spent money like a drunken sailor this offseason.

mqtirishfan
03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Watching RGIII play with scrubs his whole career because the league takes away every draft pick the Redskins have for the rest of time sounds like the opposite of a lot of fun.

ChiefMojo
03-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Gosh almighty if there is ever a player the Chiefs horribly needed and are able to get due to not being able to land Peyton Manning this is the player right here... Eric Winston!!!!!

Chiefs desperately need a quality RT and Winston gives them that guy and allows them to not have to draft one in the 1st round. Also the Chiefs need to get NT Paul Soliai in the worst way also. This would allow the Chiefs be able to draft someone like OG DeCastro in the 1st round. Sadly the Chiefs aren't going to get Manning and I doubt they get into the bidding war for Flynn. I think it is either Orton or Henne the Chiefs get to challenge Cassel for the starting spot.

No excuses for the Chiefs not to land Winston... NONE!!!!

Brothgar
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM

They can split it between 2-3 years. Also I have a feeling they will fight the **** out of that ruling.

vidae
03-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Pioli should be talking to whoever represents Winston right now.

Splat
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
The Chiefs haven't had a good RT since John Tait left. That was back in 2004...

Ness
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Is Houston strapped for cash? They seriously couldn't keep Winston?

Grizzlegom
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM
@McClain_on_NFL
Eric winston's first visit probably will be to Dolphins, where his brother works and Mike Sherman coaches.

Splat
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
If Barry Richardson is on the Chiefs roster next season I'm cracking skulls.

http://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cracking-skulls.jpg

Da-Phins
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
@McClain_on_NFL
Eric winston's first visit probably will be to Dolphins, where his brother works and Mike Sherman coaches.

Would be a great addition but interesting to see how much money he's looking for.

K Train
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Is Houston strapped for cash? They seriously couldn't keep Winston?

trying to sign mario i would think

Shane P. Hallam
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
trying to sign mario i would think

They are not even close to having enough space.

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
@McClain_on_NFL

Ok, obviously I'm confused so maybe someone will be able to help me, but why didn't the waiver wire process come into play here? I figured he was going to get claimed, and have to clear waivers before he could take visits. What am I missing here?

vidae
03-13-2012, 07:40 PM
If you have more than four years accrued in the NFL you skip waivers.

As of 2008, according to the NFL collective bargaining agreement, if any waiver of a veteran player who has completed the season that gives him four years of service occurs between February 1 and the trading deadline in mid October, then that player shall be considered an unrestricted free agent by termination of his contract

ChiefMojo
03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Looks like Winston is visiting Kansas City and St. Louis to go along with Miami.

Caddy
03-13-2012, 10:25 PM
If you have more than four years accrued in the NFL you skip waivers.

As of 2008, according to the NFL collective bargaining agreement, if any waiver of a veteran player who has completed the season that gives him four years of service occurs between February 1 and the trading deadline in mid October, then that player shall be considered an unrestricted free agent by termination of his contract

How do people still not know this?

Rosebud
03-13-2012, 11:37 PM
I really hope the giants recent rash of restructurings are in anticipation of an Osi trade that'd free up enough money to bring in Winston. He'd be perfect for us.

Splat
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
I really hope the giants recent rash of restructurings are in anticipation of an Osi trade that'd free up enough money to bring in Winston. He'd be perfect for us.

Go count your SB rings and leave Winston for the Chiefs. Jerk!!!

vidae
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM

I gotta agree with Splat here. You ARE a jerk!!!!

Rosebud
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM

Now I know I'm just throwing salt in the wound, but don't you need a QB to worry about protecting him? You guys could run the ball without Winston anyways, we couldn't, ergo he'd serve a greater purpose to the giants and should sign with them. :evil_laugh:

SoCalBam
03-14-2012, 01:08 PM
The Chiefs haven't had a good RT since John Tait left. That was back in 2004...

That is actually pretty accurate.....

GoRavens
03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Eric Winston has been in constant talks with Baltimore.
Personally, I'd love it.
Our O-Line took a beating last year and Bryant McKinnie surely won't last long.
He'd be well worth the price

A Perfect Score
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Personally, I'd love it.

This would be so awesome. I imagine that means we'll be without Ben Grubbs next year though, no way we can sign both.

Splat
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Personally, I'd love it.

Awesome news.

Brent
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Good, Flacco could use more protection for throwing those 40 yard bombs to his slow, aging receiving core.

Fico
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
They are not even close to having enough space.

Well actually they do.

GoRavens
03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Good, Flacco could use more protection for throwing those 40 yard bombs to his slow, aging receiving core.

Torrey Smith baby, Torrey.. Smith..

mightytitan9
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Eric Winston is an overrated RT, he is good but not great. Recently on bleacher report a guy rated him as the #1 RT in the league LOL.

OzTitan
03-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Well actually they do.

Peppers' deal is close to averaging $20M in cap space a year. This move was made so the Texans were even under the cap at all. They don't. If they were super desperate they could move stuff around like most teams.

mightytitan9
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
According to my research the Texans have 650k in cap room right now.

I understand they are trying to keep their team, but scrapping the offensive line isn't a good place to start.

Realistically, there could be 3 new starters on the line next season. YIKES

Bucs_Rule
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
With his contract I'm surprised they didn't trade him for something.

mightytitan9
03-14-2012, 07:04 PM
With his contract I'm surprised they didn't trade him for something.

I don't know much about the contract, but sometimes contracts cost more to trade than outright release. Either way the Texans won't last long as a playoff team if they keep this up

Bucs_Rule
03-14-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't know much about the contract, but sometimes contracts cost more to trade than outright release. Either way the Texans won't last long as a playoff team if they keep this up

Yeah, the success of the running game has more to do with the line then with the back.

vidae
03-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Awesome news.

That cracked me up for some reason.

Anyway, Winston will be in KC tomorrow. Get to work Scott!

TACKLE
03-14-2012, 09:24 PM

Boldin is the only WR or TE on our roster who has played more than two seasons in the league.

OzTitan
03-14-2012, 09:40 PM

Trade is the same as release from a cap POV.

The reason the Texans didn't trade him is because the trade window only opened at the official start of the 2012/13 season, i.e. free agency. Actually I'm not sure both are exactly the same time but either way they needed to get under the cap and had no choice.

nepg
03-14-2012, 10:20 PM
That cracked me up for some reason.

Anyway, Winston will be in KC tomorrow. Get to work Scott!
I think KC has a really good shot at him. KC is an easier sell to Winston than Baltimore, St. Louis, and probably Miami as well considering how much change and uncertainty is going on with that team.

Miami is seriously selling players on the weather and lack of taxes...they've got nothing else going for them right now. They don't have a QB, they've got a first-year head coach, they're restructuring their defense, they just traded their #1 WR, and they play in the same division with the Patriots & Jets. The only players going there this off-season aren't players who have winning as their #1 priority.

The Alex
03-14-2012, 10:38 PM

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/die-hard.bmp

"Come out to the Lone Star state, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

Brent
03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
"Come out to the Lone Star state, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."
the lone star state is Texas...

The Alex
03-14-2012, 10:41 PM
the lone star state is Texas...

And where do the Texans play?

Saints-Tigers
03-14-2012, 10:47 PM
And where do the Texans play?

Ahahahahaha.

mightytitan9
03-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Trade is the same as release from a cap POV.

The reason the Texans didn't trade him is because the trade window only opened at the official start of the 2012/13 season, i.e. free agency. Actually I'm not sure both are exactly the same time but either way they needed to get under the cap and had no choice.

Sometimes I've heard their are clauses in contracts that differ being cut or traded. I believe Kerry Rhodes was a circumstance a few years ago that it was cheaper to trade him than cut him for some reason.

Again, I don't claim to know much about contracts but I believe their is some way they can differ.

Splat
03-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Stop posting in this thread people... Every time there is a new post I think he has signed somewhere that isn't KC.

WMD
03-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Stop posting in this thread people... Every time there is a new post I think he has signed somewhere that isn't KC.
He's coming to Detroit!

Splat
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
What did I just say!

vidae
03-14-2012, 10:58 PM
He's coming to Detroit!

You do NOT defy Splat!

crap. sorry.

mightytitan9
03-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Winstons best in a zone blocking scheme, I think he'd be very poor in the Ravens power ruunning game

TACKLE
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Winstons best in a zone blocking scheme, I think he'd be very poor in the Ravens power ruunning game

Good thing we now have this smiley for occasions like this...

:facepalm: :facepalm:

The Ravens are almost exclusively a zone run team.

Scotty D
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
He's coming to Detroit!

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/03/14/t-marcus-mcneil-and-cb-jacob-lacey-to-visit-lions-according-to-sources/

He just might...Ravens beat writer says he has a visit to Detroit planned.

TACKLE
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
He is visiting Detroit as well as Baltimore, St.Louis, KC and Miami.

"I want to win right now," Winston said. "That's what's important to me. That's the kind of team I'm looking for."

That's good to hear. Plus he's a Cane. You can't go from a Cane filled team in the Texans and to a team with just one or no Canes at all.

The Alex
03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Good thing we now have this smiley for occasions like this...

:facepalm: :facepalm:

The Ravens are almost exclusively a zone run team.

Who needs that smiley when you can have a gif?

http://i35.tinypic.com/155nxxt.jpg

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 06:28 AM
The Texans might be losing Mike Brisiel and Joel Dreesen as well. Granted they are not big time names but they were both important pieces of that offense. Not sure what the Texans are doing

Fico
03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
The Texans might be losing Mike Brisiel and Joel Dreesen as well. Granted they are not big time names but they were both important pieces of that offense. Not sure what the Texans are doing

They are waiting on Myers and Mario. Once either one of those two make a decision then there will be some positive movement from the Texans.

mightytitan9
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM

I know the ravens are zone, but there is a difference between the zone they run and the zone the broncos ran under shanahan and what kubiak runs.

I think he'd be very poor for the Ravens run game

mightytitan9
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
They are waiting on Myers and Mario. Once either one of those two make a decision then there will be some positive movement from the Texans.

Correction, they have no money. Last number i've seen is 650k

vidae
03-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Im wearing a Red Polo to my visit in KC today. Is that a little too obvious? #whenindoubtPander

From Winston. Don't get your hopes up y'all. He isn't leaving KC without a contract!

A Perfect Score
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
From Winston. Don't get your hopes up y'all. He isn't leaving KC without a contract!

Yes he is. He'd look much better in purple and black. Plus, we have a QB! WOO FLACCO! YEAH!

vidae
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Flacco? The guy you hate? That is a selling point. Plus, our RB > yours!

A Perfect Score
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Flacco? The guy you hate? That is a selling point. Plus, our RB > yours!

I don't HATE Flacco, I'm just less than supportive of him.

And not any more! Ray Rice will outrush him significantly next year! Peyton Hillis taking the cookies of one Jamaal Charles for sure.

coordinator0
03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
I know the ravens are zone, but there is a difference between the zone they run and the zone the broncos ran under shanahan and what kubiak runs.

I think he'd be very poor for the Ravens run game

We use mainly a zone-stretch scheme now. Winston would fit with us easily.

Splat
03-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Winston, why you no sign yet?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-saYh5WfGHOY/TZLo1uV04PI/AAAAAAAAADE/8w2gLMIqPWE/s1600/puppy_eyes-2.jpg

mightytitan9
03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
We use mainly a zone-stretch scheme now. Winston would fit with us easily.

Thanks, I thought with the bigger lineman you like (McKinnie, Gaither, Oher, Terry) they ran more of a power zone where Winston fits more of a finesse zone

Rosebud
03-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Winston, why you no sign yet?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-saYh5WfGHOY/TZLo1uV04PI/AAAAAAAAADE/8w2gLMIqPWE/s1600/puppy_eyes-2.jpg

He's just waiting for the giants to clear up enough cap space for him.

vidae
03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Didn't Splat tell you hands off because you have rings? Do not disobey the Splat!

DoughBoy
03-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm rooting for you vidae! I just want you to be happy!

coordinator0
03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks, I thought with the bigger lineman you like (McKinnie, Gaither, Oher, Terry) they ran more of a power zone where Winston fits more of a finesse zone

Terry? As in Adam Terry? He hasn't been on the team in a few years. Gaither is more of a finesse guy. People look at his size and assume he's powerful but that's not his game at all. McKinnie is terrible no matter what, he was just brought in because the team didn't have anybody they wanted at LT and there wasn't much time before the regular season started. Oher isn't a big OT. He's powerful but he's athletic too. Now if he could only put it together in his head...

Anyways, even though Winston would fit with us I'm having a hard time seeing the Ravens actually sign him. Reports are that McKinnie will be back and I doubt Oher will be moved back to LT or any other position.

vidae
03-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Winston left KC without signing a contract. He will visit the Ravens tomorrow.

A Perfect Score
03-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Winston left KC without signing a contract. He will visit the Ravens tomorrow.

Where he will never leave. BECAUSE HES SIGNING HERE!

vidae
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Where he will never leave. BECAUSE HES SIGNING HERE!

Enjoy paying $10m a year sir.

A Perfect Score
03-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Enjoy paying $10m a year sir.

Yeah, we won't sign him if that's the price. Can't afford it.

Splat
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Can't say I'm surprised.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/398/2013_6beb.jpeg

Da-Phins
03-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Miami Herald said that Winston is looking to become the highest paid RT in the NFL.

Time to start making it rain on them hoes if you want him.

Bucs_Rule
03-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Never has a guy been more happy to be cut.

LonghornsLegend
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Never has a guy been more happy to be cut.

I was just about say, couldn't have worked out any better for him. He's no doubt gonna get his asking price too.

Scotty D
03-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Damn, not sure if I'd take him for that. Lions have about 16 million. They'd only save 400k from cutting Gosder. If they can drive his cap hit down this year it might be possible. They can get another 3-4 million in space if they sign Avril long term.

vidae
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Huh, we got some bad information earlier. This was just tweeted:

#Chiefs were beginning their visit with Winston tonight so probably no news on a signing (or no signing) tonight

Splat
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
So he is still in KC or what?

vidae
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah I guess they're meeting with him as we speak.

Splat
03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Once again I hate Twitter. People just randomly say things as facts and I don't know what to believe anymore.

nepg
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Once again I hate Twitter. People just randomly say things as facts and I don't know what to believe anymore.
Especially in KC... The "media" guys around here make **** up because they simply don't have access to information like they did when Carl was here.

GoRavens
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I'd rather have Evan Mathis and then draft a young guy to compete.
Simply because Winston wants crazy cash and Baltimore is very unlikely to spoil him like that, considering we just let Grubbs go because he wanted too much $.
I say sign Mathis and draft a young LT to replace McKinnie.

vidae
03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
No idea how in the know this guy is, but he seems to know his stuff. Two tweets:

Winston is in KC and the #Chiefs are working on a deal. Stay tuned!

Winston is in KC talking to the #Chiefs. Hearing progress being made might not go to #Ravens!

vidae
03-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Per Jason LaCanfora:

Sounds like the Chiefs are pretty serious about trying to keep Eric Winston in their building. #freeagency

He's staying in KC tonight and will have more meetings tomorrow. They did the medical stuff tonight.

nepg
03-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Per Jason LaCanfora:

Sounds like the Chiefs are pretty serious about trying to keep Eric Winston in their building. #freeagency

He's staying in KC tonight and will have more meetings tomorrow. They did the medical stuff tonight.
Sounding like things are going really well from a source that talked directly to him today.

StickSkills
03-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Per Jason LaCanfora:

You're making me giddy!:banana:

Rosebud
03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Didn't Splat tell you hands off because you have rings? Do not disobey the Splat!

I'm pretty bad at taking directions from onomonopias, plus I already went over how Winston could mean more rings for the giants while they still have the best QB in franchise history, whereas in KC he'll just keep you from sucking enough to be in position to at least trade up for a franchise QB.

RaiderNation
03-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Big pick up for KC if Winston signs, this will allow them to go after Poe/DeCastro at 12. Richardson has been horrible at RT for them the last few seasons.

Brodeur
03-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm pretty bad at taking directions from onomonopias, plus I already went over how Winston could mean more rings for the giants while they still have the best QB in franchise history, whereas in KC he'll just keep you from sucking enough to be in position to at least trade up for a franchise QB.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16389765.jpg