PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett runs in the 4.6's

mikehop05
03-28-2007, 07:35 PM
I have personally always been a fan...

do we consider him in the first now along with possibly bowe?

for me, it would go

Jarrett rd 1
Bowe rd 1
Robert Meachem rd 1
Sidney Rice rd 2
Ted Ginn rd 2
Steve Smith rd 2
Athony Gonzalez rd 3
Craig Davis rd 3

thats who id like in order of greatest to least on the first day, and the round id consider taking them (including trade backs)

i feel like ive forgotten a few people though..

BigRob
03-28-2007, 08:32 PM

for me, it would go

Jarrett rd 1
Bowe rd 1
Robert Meachem rd 1
Sidney Rice rd 2
Ted Ginn rd 2
Steve Smith rd 2
Athony Gonzalez rd 3
Craig Davis rd 3

thats who id like in order of greatest to least on the first day, and the round id consider taking them (including trade backs)

????? 4.62 and 4.67 makes him worth 15th overall pick?

skarocksoi
03-28-2007, 08:59 PM
id put bowe first before jarret

Smooth Criminal
03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I like Bowe alot more than Jarrett.

But I don't want a first round reciever anyway. I actually don't want anyone at 15 right now so I'd be looking to deal down.

DeathbyStat
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
i don't know I've alll ways been a fan of Jarrett 4.6 or no 4.6. His hands are much better then Bowe...i think you could compare Dwyane to Plaxico Burress who runs the forty in the same time.

With that being said I don't think we go WR in the first round.

brat316
03-29-2007, 02:32 PM
hands wise Jarrett
height Jarrett
GOing over middle and taking hits Bowe
Red Zone player i give slight advantage to Jarrett
Game speed, People say Jarrett is fast in the game (J. Rice 40 was around the same wasnt it or was it Chad Johnson)

IDK im a fan of bowe but you can always force Jarrett to go over the middle, and he is a big target in the red zone something we have been kind of lacking

DeathbyStat
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
"(J. Rice 40 was around the same wasnt it or was it Chad Johnson)"

Actual I think they both ran that forty.

TheGunShow
03-29-2007, 05:22 PM

for me, it would go

Jarrett rd 1
Bowe rd 1
Robert Meachem rd 1
Sidney Rice rd 2
Ted Ginn rd 2
Steve Smith rd 2
Athony Gonzalez rd 3
Craig Davis rd 3

He ran in the mid 4.6's and he's now worth the #15 pick? That's horrible. Mike Williams without his speed. I'll pass. Give me Ted Ginn, Jr. anyday of the week and twice and game days!

Severe Punishment
03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Jerry Rice played from the mid 80's to the mid / late 90's.
CB's have gone from running 4.8's to 4.3's.
Plus they're more agile, physical and athletic.
Jerry was awesome, but if he came out today..he'd be a 2nd round / 3rd round pick and NEVER would've dominated like he did in his day.

mikehop05
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Jerry Rice played from the mid 80's to the mid / late 90's.
CB's have gone from running 4.8's to 4.3's.
Plus they're more agile, physical and athletic.
Jerry was awesome, but if he came out today..he'd be a 2nd round / 3rd round pick and NEVER would've dominated like he did in his day.

thats wrong on so many levels

he made the pro bowl in 98 and 2002 which would be playing against the corners that we see today...

corners were not running 4.8's all the time in the late 80's and 90's

deion sanders? rod woodson? darrell green???

sanders and green both ran in the 4.2s - 4.3s

speed doesnt mean everything, the preperation jerry puts in for games, and the time he spends on his precise route running...

that was the most idiotic and ignorant post ive ever seen

brat316
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Route Running will beat speed(of a corner covering you) anyday you would know that if you had a hint of football knowledge,

Sanders would get beat by people who ran great routes against him, but since he was so fast it was easy for him to catch up,

Okay and ill take your argument about playing in late 80 and the 90s even though i dont agree with it but what about Chad Johnson, is he playing against those slow corners, i dont think so

brat316
03-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Why would u pick Ted Ginn Jr. yeah he is fast, but he does not have cluth hands like the other reviers in this draft, i would use him for returns and like having WR screens and WR revere plays, Ginn is Tall and Lanky he cant go over the middle, or take a hit.

Jarrett is the same but at least he has clutch hands

mikehop05
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
He ran in the mid 4.6's and he's now worth the #15 pick? That's horrible. Mike Williams without his speed. I'll pass. Give me Ted Ginn, Jr. anyday of the week and twice and game days!

we've already had this argument, you like ginn, i dont, but that doesnt matter

and i never said at 15, just somewhere in the first

PittPete
03-30-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't see where we should take a wideout in any of the first 3 rounds. However, I would not be disappointed in taking Jarret at 15. A longtime USC hater, I watch their games with a passion, hoping to see them fall on their faces. Every game I watched Jarret he was fantastic; let me phrase it another way---the best receiver I've ever seen in college ball. After Mike Williams and Rogers and several other surething busts, I cannot equivocally say Jarrett will be a dominant NFl receiver but I wouldn't mind seeing him in black and yellow. Especially if one of the other afc north teams takes Leon Hall. Jarret could keep handing him the ball after each 40 yard reception. As far as Ginn, his speed is very special but he is a third rate wr; I went to OSU so I've rooted for him but Gonzalez is a better receiver hands down.