PDA

View Full Version : Manning was stupid to not consider KC

KCStud
03-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Wouldn't even come for a visit! Does he not see this team is the best opportunity in the AFC?

#11 defense in the league without Eric Berry and we dominated offenses in the 2nd half of the season (including GB). Next year we will be top 10.

Offense has Charles AND Hillis pounding the rock, Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin/Moeaki/Boss are very good weapons and we just signed Eric Winston.

Considering KC is probably going to draft DeCastro at 11, our OL is going to be NASTY next year.

Our division is weak and our team is strong. I'm just shocked.

SuperPacker
03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I was also very shocked!

NY+Giants=NYG
03-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Maybe didn't like the front office or maybe it came down to he had better connections elsewhere.. Who knows?

bigbluedefense
03-17-2012, 06:40 PM
I agree, I thought KC was the slam dunk choice from a football perspective, but then again, if he chooses the 49ers, they are clearly the best choice from a football perspective.

I don't really know why he didn't give KC a chance.

vidae
03-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Who knows. If he picks Denver we're going to make him regret it though.

Raiderz4Life
03-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Meh...I think everyone is getting too excited over a very defective product at this point.

Caddy
03-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Damn Chief homers :D

vidae
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Look at your sig Caddy jerk!

TACKLE
03-17-2012, 07:11 PM
I heard he doesn't respect wood and leaves a lot of ring stains so he didn't think he'd fit with the Chiefs organization.

SuperPacker
03-17-2012, 07:14 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didntread.gif

Caddy
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM

You are lucky I read this.

Ngatachance92
03-17-2012, 07:22 PM
I heard he doesn't respect wood and leaves a lot of ring stains so he didn't think he'd fit with the Chiefs organization.

Is that your way of saying that Chiefs fans should have curbed their enthusiasm over the possibility of getting Manning to soften the heart break?

Scotty D
03-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Your sippin that kool aid pretty hard bro

Unbiased
03-17-2012, 08:28 PM
egocentric

bearsfan_51
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/hurr-durr-derp-face-i-iz-birdey.jpg

WCH
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm guessing that he automatically disqualified any team that wasn't offering him a contract in the ballpark of what he wanted.

BeerBaron
03-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Meh...I think everyone is getting too excited over a very defective product at this point.

At least the team that signs him won't have to give up a 1st and 2nd. Unlike another "defective product" I can recall...

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4eb8089c69bedda158000010/carson-palmer-oakland-raiders-quarterback.jpg

TonyGfortheTD
03-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm guessing that he automatically disqualified any team that wasn't offering him a contract in the ballpark of what he wanted.
That's what I'm assuming. Pioli wouldn't even consider signing Peyton Manning for the figures he's looking to fetch.

At least the team that signs him won't have to give up a 1st and 2nd. Unlike another "defective product" I can recall...

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4eb8089c69bedda158000010/carson-palmer-oakland-raiders-quarterback.jpg

well done

RCAChainGang
03-17-2012, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't call him stupid. There is probably a good reason for it. Maybe his family didn't want to go to KC or he just liked the idea with working with other teams. Chill out. The thing that upsets me about all the Manning talk is that no one knows anything. Reporters act like they know, but it is all just speculation. Why so many articles saying the exact same things?

CT Bronco Fan
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Manning knows a lost cause when he sees one.

bearsfan_51
03-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Why so many articles saying the exact same things?
Because people read them.

nobodyinparticular
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM

I do believe it will be two 1sts, thank you very much.
[/homer]

WCH
03-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Because people read them.

Caddy Didn't Read LOL

bantx
03-18-2012, 12:55 AM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liwjz9HyAJ1qdr1moo1_400.gif

DeathbyStat
03-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I agree,

Really good defense

Dwayne Bowe

Jamal Charles coming back

Weak division

Eric Winston coming in to fix the right tackle position

Rabscuttle
03-18-2012, 10:58 AM
It has to be that Patriot stink that lingers over Arrowhead.

mqtirishfan
03-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I like how one of the major selling points seems to be a backfield of Charles coming off a knee injury and Peyton ******* Hillis.

vidae
03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Charles is fine and Hillis is a good compliment, but why don't we forget Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki, Boss, and the one of the strongest OLs of all the teams considered?

When you look at things objectively, the situation in KC is a hell of a lot better than the situation in Denver for instance, and yet they're in play.

mqtirishfan
03-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Is it really, though? The Chiefs have Romeo Crennel coaching them and the Broncos just made it to the divisional round of the playoffs with Tim Tebow playing QB. I don't see how the Chiefs are objectively better.

vidae
03-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Romeo Crennel coaching them is a plus, not a minus. He won't interfere in the offensive side of the ball and let Peyton run whatever he wants. And be honest, the Broncos were lucky all year. Towards the end of the year they were awful, and caught a sleeping Steelers team. When they finally played a team who was ready for them, they got annihilated.

nepg
03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Is it really, though? The Chiefs have Romeo Crennel coaching them and the Broncos just made it to the divisional round of the playoffs with Tim Tebow playing QB. I don't see how the Chiefs are objectively better.
The Chiefs finished one game out of the playoffs while going through a horrible season of misfortune and turmoil. The Chiefs are a superior team - possibly by a lot (definitely by a lot with Tim Tebow at QB).

I know Peyton Manning doesn't like the city of Kansas City. And another factor could be him worrying about his legacy if he teamed up with Romeo Crennel.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
03-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I want him to sign with Denver and we will see it played out on the field, twice. Then there will be no debate at all.

My only concern was whatever made Peyton avoid the Chiefs could also effect the decisions of other FAs. that has not held true at all. actually, Pioli has signed good players to very team friendly deals.

Scotty D
03-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Charles is fine and Hillis is a good compliment, but why don't we forget Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki, Boss, and the one of the strongest OLs of all the teams considered?

I think Chiefs fans overstate those players.

Rosebud
03-18-2012, 01:01 PM
I think Chiefs fans overstate those players.

Yeah they're not significantly better than BeyBey, Decker and any competent 3rd receiver, the OL isn't significantly better even after the Winston pick up, and while Charles is coming of an ACL injury, McGahee's coming off a renaissance season. Defensively the Chiefs have some great pieces, but so do the Broncos. Doom, Von Miller and Champ are especially especially great for a Peyton Manning team that'll be forcing other teams to throw the ball to keep up, if they bring back Bunk, Warren's fully healthy next year and they keep adding to the back 7, that D will be able to work wonders with a good offense taking pressure off of them.

bearsfan_51
03-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Romeo Crennel coaching them is a plus, not a minus.
Crennel has a .388 career winning %. Granted, it was with Cleveland, but I'd hardly say he's a plus at this point. He has the opportunity to prove himself again, but I'd consider him one of the weakest NFL coaches at this point.

And be honest, the Broncos were lucky all year. Towards the end of the year they were awful, and caught a sleeping Steelers team. When they finally played a team who was ready for them, they got annihilated.
That still doesn't explain how the Chiefs were better. The Broncos are a mediocre team that got lucky. The Chiefs are a mediocre team that didn't get lucky.

bigbluedefense
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM
There's talent on that KC team. They just need a qb. You can't win in the NFL consistently without a qb. Cassell is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

They can use more firepower at WR as well. I like their defense though, it's very solid, and their run game should be great.

Get a Qb and a WR, and this team could be a legit contender in a couple of years.

Ghost of Juice
03-18-2012, 01:32 PM
I was hoping the chiefs would try and trade up for RG III, it seemed like the perfect situation.
I am surprised Manning didn't even consider joining them because they have some really good young players to work with. They just need a QB because Cassell is nothing more than a very good backup QB.