PDA

View Full Version : Joint First Round Mock

Witten4HOF
03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
30 Teams available since Luck and RGIII are locks for the first two picks. We have to find a way to pick teams since naturally everyone is going to want the Cowboys ;). Also, I think it should be live draft style to keep it as authentic as possible. Any takers ?

D-Unit
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Why don't we have a period where we wait for all interested to state so. Then after we know the exact number of guys who wants to do this, then you can hand out the assignments.

Witten4HOF
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Sounds good... Waiting for guys like Manning and Wimbley to sign will also be helpful narrowing down first round needs.

CowboysBeastMode
03-18-2012, 08:15 PM
sign me up

pocketaces
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Im in.....

leroyisgod
03-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm in too

Trogdor
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Sure :) :cj:

D-Ware Nightmare
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
i am in too.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-18-2012, 10:08 PM
This sounds fun. I would like to have a go, except one request. F--- the eagles. I can't pick for them.

leroyisgod
03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
This sounds fun. I would like to have a go, except one request. F--- the eagles. I can't pick for them.

I'd love to pick for them, punter all the way. :evil_laugh:

UTPATS
03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
I'd love to participate...

Can we request a team?

PrimeTime
03-19-2012, 09:02 AM
I'll take a stab at it.

Witten4HOF
03-19-2012, 09:04 AM
I'd love to participate...

Can we request a team?

I'm going to leave the sign up open until Wednesday to make sure everyone gets a chance to participate if they want to. Once we have a final head count the easiest way to dish out picks is the order in which people who responded and than snake the opposite direction for multiples.

Edit: I'm sure there will be people willing to swap teams if you are unhappy.

UTPATS
03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty easy going, just excited about doing this...Any interest and going two rounds instead of just one?

primetime217
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll take one too.

Witten4HOF
03-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Last day of sign ups! I decided that everyone will get three picks, we will dip into the second round to even the picks out and cover fringe first round picks. Picks will be in order of who responded to the thread and then snaked back in the opposite order twice. Ill post assignments tomorrow morning and then everyone can get to work.

I'll put the obvious two picks and i'll be on the clock at #3 then, D-unit is free to post..so on and so on. No hard time limit but please dont take days to post your pick. Post your pick and a brief explanation and watch the magic happen.

Hope everyone has fun !

D-Unit
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Last day of sign ups! I decided that everyone will get three picks, we will dip into the second round to even the picks out and cover fringe first round picks. Picks will be in order of who responded to the thread and then snaked back in the opposite order twice. Ill post assignments tomorrow morning and then everyone can get to work.

I'll put the obvious two picks and i'll be on the clock at #3 then, D-unit is free to post..so on and so on. No hard time limit but please dont take days to post your pick. Post your pick and a brief explanation and watch the magic happen.

Hope everyone has fun !
Sweet! The 3rd pick is gonna go something like...

"With the 3rd pick of the draft the Minnesota Vikings trade their pick to the Dallas Cowboys!"

:mdr: jk

UTPATS
03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Can we post pictures of the player?

Witten4HOF
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Can we post pictures of the player?

if it tickles your fancy...by all means

crisco0710
03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
I would like to join.

TheFinisher
03-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Man, I'd like to do it but can't really commit... Unless I could somehow slot my pick between 7PM-7AM EST.

If not, no biggie.

Witten4HOF
03-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Man, I'd like to do it but can't really commit... Unless I could somehow slot my pick between 7PM-7AM EST.

If not, no biggie.

Can't have a mock draft with out the finisher lol... We have plenty of time, just as long as you dont plan on disappearing for days at at time you good. Im about to post the order now.

Witten4HOF
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
1) Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck QB, Stanford (autopick)
2)Washington Redshkins- Robert Griffin III QB, Baylor (autopick)
3)Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil OT, USC (Witten4hof 1)
4)Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson RB, Alabama (D-Unit 1)
5)Tampa Bay Bucs- Morris Claiborne CB, LSU(Cowboysbeastmode 1)
6)St Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR, OSU(Pocketaces 1)
7)Jacksonville Jags- Quinton Coples DE, UNC(LeRoyisgod 1)
8)Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehil QB, Texas A&M(Trogdor 1)
9)Carolina Panthers- Michael Brockers DT, LSU(D-warenightmare 1)
10)Buffalo Bills- Dontari Poe NT, Memphis(W4HOF1)
11)Kansas City Chiefs- David DeCastro OG, Stanford(UTPATS 1)
12)Seattle Seahawks- Whitney Mercilus DE, Illinois(Leroyisgod 1)
13)Arizona Cardnals- Riley Reiff OT, Iowa(Dallascowboysbeastmode 1)
14) Dallas Cowboys- Fletcher Cox DT,Mississippi St(Crisco710 1)
15) Philadelphia Eagles- Jerel Worthy DT, Michigan St(Thefinisher 1)
16) NY Jets- Melvin Ingram OLB, SC(Thefinisher 2)
17) Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick CB, Alabama(pocketaces)
18) San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford(Trogdor)
19) Chicago Bears- Stephen Gilmore CB, SC(Primetime217)
20) Tennessee Titans- Devon Still DT, Penn St(UTPATS 2)
21) Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Floyd Wr, ND(Heismanherschel 2)
22) Cleveland Browns- Mike Adams OT, OSU(D-warenightmare 2)
23) Detroit Lions- Cordy Glenn OT/OG, Gerorgia(Trogdor)
24) Pittsburgh Steelers Donta Hightower MLB, Alabama(Leroyisgod)
25) Denver Broncos- Luke Kuechly MLB, Boston College(Pocketaces)
26) Houston Texans-Kendall Wright WR, Baylor (Cowboysbeastmode)
27) New England Patriots- Janoris Jenkins CB, North Alabama(D-Unit)
28) Green Bay Packers- Peter Konz C, Wisconsin(Witten4hof)
29) Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw OLB, Alabama(Witten4hof)
30) San Francisco 49er's- Kevin Zeitler C/G, Wisconsin(D-Unit)
31) New England Patriots- Andre Branch OLB/DE, Clemson(Cowboysbeastmode)
32) NY Giants- Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech (Pocketaces 3)
33) St Louis Rams-Zach Brown OLB, UNC (Leroyisgod 3)
34) Indianapolis Colts- Coby Fleener TE, Stanford(Trogdor)
35) Minnesota Vikings- Mark Barron S, Alabama(D-warenightmare)
36) Tampa Bay Bucs-David Wilson RB, VT (Heismanherschel)
37) Cleveland Browns- Alshon Jeffery WR, SC(UTPATS)
38) Jacksonville Jags- Primetime (3)
39) St Louis Rams- Primetime217 (3)
40) Carolina Panthers- Cisco710 (3)
41) Buffalo Bills- Thefinisher(3)

Witten4HOF
03-21-2012, 09:09 AM
With the first pick of the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select:

ANDREW LUCK QB, Stanford

With the second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Washington Red Skins Select:

ROBERT GRIFFIN III, Baylor

The Vikings are on the clock at #3....

Witten4HOF
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
With the third pick in the NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select:

Matt Kalil OT, USC- The Vikings will almost certainly field trade offers for teams trying to get ahead of the Browns for either Tannehill or Richardson. In the end offers aren't enough to compare to the value of a franchise left tackle. Kalil has football in his blood and comes from a USC team known for producing a great pedigree of NFL Lineman. Displays a very nice balance of technique, attitude, and athletic ability to combat many different types of opponents.

This move will force to Vikings to shift DeMarcus Love's future to guard for the foreseeable future. Love who was drafted just a year ago as a developmental LT did not play one game for the Vikings in 2011. With Kalil and Loadholt manning the edges, Love and 16 game starter Charlie Johnson may be improvements on the inside, creating a young athletic group to grow with Christian Ponder.

leroyisgod
03-21-2012, 10:15 AM
nice detailed explanations for each pick is a good idea

D-Unit
03-21-2012, 02:23 PM
With the 4th pick of the draft, the Cleveland Browns select RB Trent Richardson, Alabama.

http://newspaper.li/static/bb4f57e80a21d9d9ef184434e2dd160b.jpg

The Browns flirt with the idea of taking Ryan Tannehill here, but decide that since he wouldn't be ready in Year 1, that they'd take their chances on addressing QB in next year's draft where Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson could step in on Day 1 and the talent at QB would be a significant upgrade over Tannehill. With the departure of Peyton Hillis, the Browns must re-establish a running game. Richardson is the type of RB that can help the Browns play smash mouth football in a ground and pound division where they face the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals twice a year.

CowboysBeastMode
03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
With the 5th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select CB Morris Claiborne, LSU

The 2011 Bucs did not live up to the promise of 2010. Young and hungry became inexperienced and starving in what became a disastrous season, with season ending on 10 game losing streak which was followed by the firing of head coach Raheem Morris. Within that skid Tampa Bay gave up over 30 points in 7 of those game and over 40 points in 3 of the last 4. Even though the defense was 32 against the run, with premium picks used on the defensive line the last 2 years, and the addition of Vincent Jackson, Blackmon or Coples are unlikely and with Richardson and Kalil off the board and no linebackers with any value Claiborne becomes the pick. With Aqib Talib's life, let alone his standing in the with team in jeopardy, along with the fact this team had a 37 old cornerback as the opening starter with no young player unable to seat makes Claiborne the pick for Tampa Bay in a division with opposing QB's Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Cam Newton and receivers, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Steve Smith and the 3 ring circus of weapons that is the New Orleans passing attack.

****This pick is a good spot for a trade, Jacksonville at 7 needs a number one reciever for Gabbert and would allow Laurent Robinson and Mike Thomas to slide in complimentary roles, and with STL with next aiming for him Tampa Bay could trade down two spots and still get the best defensive player in the draft

pocketaces
03-21-2012, 05:09 PM
With the 6th pick in the NFL draft, the St.Louis Rans select: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State. After trading down from 2, the Rams are still able to get their man. Blackmon is a HUGE need for Sam Bradford and this offense.

At 6-1 215 Blackmon has the size and speed to start from day 1 and will be Sam's number 1 guy for years to come. This is a perfect match and a no brainer at #6.

leroyisgod
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
With the seventh pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select....

Quinton Coples- DE- North Carolina

Aaron Kampman is getting old and even with the FA signing of Jeremy Mincey, the Jaguars need some depth. The Jaguars will seriously try to shop this pick to trade back and address either CB or WR, but if they find no trade partners, they will take Coples. Taking Reif or Martin will be highly considered as well.

Trogdor
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM
With the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/522/431/134071755_crop_650x440.jpg

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

After swinging and missing with each of the marquee free agent QBs (Manning and Flynn) the Dolphins look to tab the most important position on the field with a QB. Matt Moore / Garrard can compete for the job this year before passing the reins to Mr. Tannehill. The coaching connection with the new offensive coordinator Mike Sherman and his recent comparison of Tannehill to Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers make this a high probability pick.

A solid athlete at the position with excellent pocket awareness Tannehill is able to keep his eyes downfield when stepping into the pocket against pressure. Good straight-line speed although he wouldn't be called shifty he can punish a defense for breaking containment. He's a raw prospect though and his inexperience will cause some mistakes. He throws into coverage far too often and he can be confused by scheming. Both of his major flaws will improve with solid QB coaching however.

CowboysBeastMode
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
With the seventh pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select....

Quinton Coples- DE- North Carolina

Aaron Kampman is getting old and even with the FA signing of Jeremy Mincey, the Jaguars need some depth. The Jaguars will seriously try to shop this pick to trade back and address either CB or WR, but if they find no trade partners, they will take Coples. Taking Reif or Martin will be highly considered as well.man i really hope they don't take him, he'd look great in a cowboy uniform between ware and ratliff

D-Ware Nightmare
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
With the 9th pick the Carolina Panthers select...
Michael Brockers DT LSU: Ron Rivera will get his mammoth ball of clay in Brockers who should be a fixture on their d-line for the next decade. Plenty of dispute between the top available d tackles in Cox, Poe, and Brockers. But ultimately the ceiling on Brockers puts him over the top. Also considered Michael Floyd and Decastro, but ultimately Rivera knows how important the trenches are in the NFL.

D-Ware Nightmare
03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
PS sorry for the delay, i got stuck at work.

pocketaces
03-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Whos next? How much time you going to give W4H?

Witten4HOF
03-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Whos next? How much time you going to give W4H?

It's Heismanherschel's turn.... Im sending him a private message, if he doesn't respond by tomorrow morning I'll put in a pick

Witten4HOF
03-23-2012, 09:00 AM
I apologize for the delay, but I wanted to give HH every chance possible to make his own pick. I'll make the #10 selection for him and if he has a good reason for going MIA I'll give him my second pick.

Witten4HOF
03-23-2012, 09:01 AM
And with the 10th pick in the NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select…

Dontari Poe NT, Memphis
As you look at the team’s transition to a 4-3 front on defense the most glaring need appears to be weakside linebacker. Kuechly obviously will be in play, but the team feels it is in a good position to grab Lavonte David or Zach Brown in the second round.

The selection of Poe solidifies a revamped line that includes the additions of Mario Williams at LE and Mark Anderson at RE. The Bills feel they can generate the most production out of Poe since he will not come in as the focal point for O-lines to key on. The combination of 2011 draft selection Marcell Dareus and Poe, paired with Mario Williams should immediately sure up a run defense that ranked 28th last year. Veteran Kyle Williams provides depth and insurance for Poe’s learning curve, rounding out a group that has the potential to be the best in the league.

The team will also monitor possible upgrades to the O-line, Riley Reiff and DeCastro will also get consideration. Although ravaged by injury in 2011, the line was surprisingly efficient, allowing only 22 sacks and paving the road for two rushers with 5.0 ypc averages. Eric Wood appears to be healthy coming into the 2012 season eliminating center as a need and the team appears to be comfortable with Andy Levitre at LG. Chris Hairston will get a chance to prove he can start at LT but slated starters Kraig Urbik and Erik Pears are JAGS.

UTPATS
03-23-2012, 09:09 AM
With the 11th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

David DeCastro, offensive guard, Stanford University.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/hijumper34/stanford_david_decastro.jpg

The Chiefs need help in several areas, including defensive tackle. Pioli and staff were seriously looking at Dontari Poe, but their decision was made easier after Buffalo snagged the Memphis phenom the pick before.

DeCastro is an intelligent, tough player who will excel in run blocking and can hold his ground against the stronger DTs in the NFL. Where he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in leverage and technique. He will be able to provide running lanes for Charles in Company for years to come.

CowboysBeastMode
03-23-2012, 09:11 AM
And with the 10th pick in the NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select…

Dontari Poe NT, Memphis
As you look at the team’s transition to a 4-3 front on defense the most glaring need appears to be weakside linebacker. Kuechly obviously will be in play, but the team feels it is in a good position to grab Lavonte David or Zach Brown in the second round.

The selection of Poe solidifies a revamped line that includes the additions of Mario Williams at LE and Mark Anderson at RE. The Bills feel they can generate the most production out of Poe since he will not come in as the focal point for O-lines to key on. The combination of 2011 draft selection Marcell Dareus and Poe, paired with Mario Williams should immediately sure up a run defense that ranked 28th last year. Veteran Kyle Williams provides depth and insurance for Poe’s learning curve, rounding out a group that has the potential to be the best in the league.

The team will also monitor possible upgrades to the O-line, Riley Reiff and DeCastro will also get consideration. Although ravaged by injury in 2011, the line was surprisingly efficient, allowing only 22 sacks and paving the road for two rushers with 5.0 ypc averages. Eric Wood appears to be healthy coming into the 2012 season eliminating center as a need and the team appears to be comfortable with Andy Levitre at LG. Chris Hairston will get a chance to prove he can start at LT but slated starters Kraig Urbik and Erik Pears are JAGS.interesting pick i really think the bills need to revamp the o-line but if they were to throw a curve ball like this one it would really make draft interesting ala Alualu

Witten4HOF
03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
interesting pick i really think the bills need to revamp the o-line but if they were to throw a curve ball like this one it would really make draft interesting ala Alualu

Reiff was def the easy pick... no one would have batted an lash at DeCastro or Kuechly. I wanted to make a splash since we had such a long lay over between picks.

Witten4HOF
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
With the 11th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

David DeCastro, offensive guard, Stanford University.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/hijumper34/stanford_david_decastro.jpg

The Chiefs need help in several areas, including defensive tackle. Pioli and staff were seriously looking at Dontari Poe, but their decision was made easier after Buffalo snagged the Memphis phenom the pick before.

DeCastro is an intelligent, tough player who will excel in run blocking and can hold his ground against the stronger DTs in the NFL. Where he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in leverage and technique. He will be able to provide running lanes for Charles in Company for years to come.

Albert + Winston + DeCastro + McCluster, Bowe, return of Charles = no excuse for Cassel

CowboysBeastMode
03-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Albert + Winston + DeCastro + McCluster, Bowe, return of Charles = no excuse for Casselcassel is the excuse

:lynched:

Witten4HOF
03-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Primetime gets the same deal as HH, I sent him a PM and if he doesn't post by 10 am eastern time he gets bumped. Any volunteers to take over his slot ? Pm me... Senoirity based on rep will be put on standby.

CowboysBeastMode
03-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Reiff was def the easy pick... no one would have batted an lash at DeCastro or Kuechly. I wanted to make a splash since we had such a long lay over between picks.i wouldve picked cox over poe, he did it against better comp

Witten4HOF
03-23-2012, 08:09 PM
If Primetime doesn't post tonight his pick is forfeited to Leroyisgod.
Primetime217 has already surrendered his pick which will be going to cowboysbeastmode

leroyisgod
03-23-2012, 09:27 PM
If Primetime doesn't post tonight his pick is forfeited to Leroyisgod.
Primetime217 has already surrendered his pick which will be going to cowboysbeastmode

I will do Primetime proud

Witten4HOF
03-24-2012, 05:04 AM
as per request the original post with the draft order is being updated with the picks that are made. That way it is easier to see who has been drafted.

leroyisgod
03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
I know it's not 10am yet, but I won't be around a computer then. So if Prime doesn't pick by then, here goes my pick.

With the 12th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

Whitney Mercilus- DE- Illinois. Seattle needs some help at DE to put more pressure on the QB. Kuechly and Floyd were strong considerations here.

CowboysBeastMode
03-24-2012, 09:42 AM
With the 13th pick in the NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select OT Riley Reiff, Iowa.

This is an easy pick, if the board turns out like this Reiff is a slam dunk pick fir the Cardinals. They invested alot of money and gave away one of their defensive players to get Kevin Kolb, but he was not able to stay healthy behind a line that gave the 2nd most sacks (54) in the NFL last year.

Witten4HOF
03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
With the 13th pick in the NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select OT Riley Reiff, Iowa.

This is an easy pick, if the board turns out like this Reiff is a slam dunk pick fir the Cardinals. They invested alot of money and gave away one of their defensive players to get Kevin Kolb, but he was not able to stay healthy behind a line that gave the 2nd most sacks (54) in the NFL last year.

I think Kirkpatrick could be a sleeper pick at #13... Jefferson was toasted last year as the #2 corner and PP has still a work in progress. If Reiff is available he "should" be the pick though. Levi Brown resigned after being cut but has struggled at LT and may be forced over to the right side.

CowboysBeastMode
03-24-2012, 10:44 AM
I think Kirkpatrick could be a sleeper pick at #13... Jefferson was toasted last year as the #2 corner and PP has still a work in progress. If Reiff is available he "should" be the pick though. Levi Brown resigned after being cut but has struggled at LT and may be forced over to the right side.i was really about to put him down and i should put that in the explanation b/c kirkpatrick would be perfect fit in that zone-blitz scheme that horton brought from pittsburgh. but they gave up alot for kolb, so they have to put pieces around him to succeed otherwise what was the point for trading for him b/c they could've had rogers-cromartie and peterson

crisco0710
03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
With the 14th pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State

The Dallas Cowboys have invested big money in the secondary with the recent contracts of Scandrick and Carr so they need to look elsewhere in the draft. With that in mind, they look to improve an aging defensive line with Fletcher Cox. Fletcher Cox was a highly touted high school player who turned down offers from LSU, Bama, and and Auburn to man the defensive line for Mississippi State. Fletcher Cox earned SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors four times as a junior. He has the versatility to play tackle or defensive end for the Cowboys.

D-Unit
03-24-2012, 01:15 PM
With the 14th pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State

The Dallas Cowboys have invested big money in the secondary with the recent contracts of Scandrick and Carr so they need to look elsewhere in the draft. With that in mind, they look to improve an aging defensive line with Fletcher Cox. Fletcher Cox was a highly touted high school player who turned down offers from LSU, Bama, and and Auburn to man the defensive line for Mississippi State. Fletcher Cox earned SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors four times as a junior. He has the versatility to play tackle or defensive end for the Cowboys.
I have yet to be convinced that Cox is all that. This is one pick that has me scared.

pocketaces
03-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Dont hate the pick but Id have gone Ingram there myself

Trogdor
03-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I'll be :banana: if DeCastro/Ingram/or Cox are on the board when we are on the clock.

CowboysBeastMode
03-24-2012, 01:29 PM
i like cox's versatility to play inside and outiside like coples, i thought brockers would have been the pick b/c of his size and power

TheFinisher
03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select...

Jerel Worthy | Defensive Tackle | Michigan St.

http://thelittlebrotherblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/jerel-worthy-msuspartans.jpg

Berman: "So instead of drafting Michael Floyd to provide Mike Vick with a true red zone target, Philly opts to beef up that defensive front which struggled last year against the run. Interesting. What's your initial reaction to this pick Mel?"

Kiper: "I like the pick. After the season everyone was penciling in LB for the Eagles because they were really hurting there, and at one point Luke Kuechly seemed to be a shoe in for this slot. However with trading for Demeco Ryans in the off-season, I think it makes a lot of sense to turn their attention to that front with Worthy. Defensive lineman tend to go early and often, as we've seen in year's past. I think Day 1 they can slide him in right next to Cullen Jenkins to form a nice tandem."

McShay: "Michael Floyd must have been awfully tempting for Andy Reid, but I think he made the right decision here. Worthy's the kind of guy than can be as good as he wants to be, and let's be honest... if the Eagles want to get back to being contenders in the NFC, they needed to do it by fixing that defense."

Witten4HOF
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM

http://thelittlebrotherblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/jerel-worthy-msuspartans.jpg

Berman: "So instead of drafting Michael Floyd to provide Mike Vick with a true red zone target, Philly opts to beef up that defensive front which struggled last year against the run. Interesting. What's your initial reaction to this pick Mel?"

Kiper: "I like the pick. After the season everyone was penciling in LB for the Eagles because they were really hurting there, and at one point Luke Kuechly seemed to be a shoe in for this slot. However with trading for Demeco Ryans in the off-season, I think it makes a lot of sense to turn their attention to that front with Worthy. Defensive lineman tend to go early and often, as we've seen in year's past. I think Day 1 they can slide him in right next to Cullen Jenkins to form a nice tandem."

McShay: "Michael Floyd must have been awfully tempting for Andy Reid, but I think he made the right decision here. Worthy's the kind of guy than can be as good as he wants to be, and let's be honest... if the Eagles want to get back to being contenders in the NFC, they needed to do it by fixing that defense."

wheres the beef ? lol

TheFinisher
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
With the 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Melvin Ingram | Defensive End | University of South Carolina

http://predominantlyorange.com/files/2012/02/57449282.jpg

Berman: "Lot of Jets fans here in attendence, and they seem to be very happy about this one."

McShay: "As they should Boom. This is really a perfect marriage, Rex Ryan has been searching for a pressure player since he got to New York and Melvin Ingram is an ideal fit for his exotic blitz packages. This is a guy who can bring pressure from a number of different spots. Quite honestly, I'm a little surpised he fell into their laps."

Gruden: "I really like this Melvin Ingram, every game I watched this guy play in he seemed to be scoring touchdowns! The Jets got themselves a good one, and by the sound of it the fans know it too**awkward Gruden smile** "

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2011/0421/20110421_095958_gruden_300.jpg

crisco0710
03-24-2012, 02:12 PM
I have yet to be convinced that Cox is all that. This is one pick that has me scared.

I personally would trade down. I would have done a bit more research on it, but I'm currently in South Beach for Ultra Music Festival so I only have a few minutes on the computer while I'm here.

Witten4HOF
03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I personally would trade down. I would have done a bit more research on it, but I'm currently in South Beach for Ultra Music Festival so I only have a few minutes on the computer while I'm here.

southbeach.... nice ps its your turn again

CowboysBeastMode
03-24-2012, 06:28 PM

McShay: "Michael Floyd must have been awfully tempting for Andy Reid, but I think he made the right decision here. Worthy's the kind of guy than can be as good as he wants to be, and let's be honest... if the Eagles want to get back to being contenders in the NFC, they needed to do it by fixing that defense."wow that kinda high for him dont ya think

TheFinisher
03-24-2012, 06:42 PM
wow that kinda high for him dont ya think

I don't think so, the most popular landing spots for him in most mock drafts seem to be Tennessee at 20 or Denver at 25, but he's one of the top 20 most talented players in this draft IMO. I think 15-20 should be when he comes off the board and if he falls past that then he becomes a steal. Big men with the potential to dominate in the trenches tend to go pretty early and I envision him as a player the Eagles would covet.

I don't think he gets the love he deserves on this board, but Worthy is 100% beast.

NsGf5i-_dCE

OSUGiants17
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
2 things:
1- whats with the numbers next to peoples names in the draft order
2- can I have the Giants?

Witten4HOF
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
2 things:
1- whats with the numbers next to peoples names in the draft order
2- can I have the Giants?

I asked for volunteers and decided everyone that wanted in received 3 picks... the number corresponds with the their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd pick. Unfortunately, a bunch of people bailed so it is a little messed up. Pocketaces is slated for the giants pick and he is a pretty loyal poster in the forum, so unless he wants to give you a gift it is already taken.

Witten4HOF
03-25-2012, 10:28 AM
17-19 might be up for grabs.... anyone want to be on standby ?

pocketaces
03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
You can assign me another if you need me

Witten4HOF
03-25-2012, 10:53 AM
You can assign me another if you need me

go ahead and do 17... Crisco made his first pick but is partying in south beach... doubt he makes time for another. If he pops up he can take one of mine.

pocketaces
03-25-2012, 11:10 AM
With the 17th pick in the 2012 draft, the cinncinati Bengals select Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama. This is a major need for the Bengals with 32 year old Nate Clemonts and an injured Leon Hall as other corners on their team.

Being 6-2 and running an impressive 4.46 at the combine makes Dre the perfect fit

Trogdor
03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I'll be around-ish so if you need me to make someone's selection PM me :)

leroyisgod
03-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm around

Trogdor
03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
With the 18th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select:

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/icon_18118023-420x279.jpg

Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

The Chargers early on in the offseason signaled that making an upgrade along the offensive line was priority #1. In Martin they receive an athletic LT that can mirror and provide solid pass protection. He's labeled as a "finesse" OT and that is certainly true as he will never be a heavy handed mauler but he will fit in nicely with San Diego's "Pass first, second, and third" method of attack.

leroyisgod
03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
With the 19th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Stephon Gilmore- CB- South Carolina

Since the Bears addressed WR with the trade of Marshall, they now can attack their defense. Tillman is still stellar, but they could use some use at CB. Gilmore's stock has been on the rise like crazy lately. The Bears would like to select Jenkins, but want to avoid any potential off the field issues.

UTPATS
03-25-2012, 10:10 PM
With the 20th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select...

Devon Still, defensive tackle, Penn State University.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/hijumper34/devonstill2.jpg

The versatility of Still makes him an excellent prospect for the Titans. Despite all of the distractions at PSU, Still performed on an All-American level. His consistency is much needed for a defense that shows signs of greatness, but can't pull it together for an entire season.

Luke Kuechly was also considered but with Collin McCarthy has filled the ILB position nicely for the Titans.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-26-2012, 07:54 AM
With the 21st pick in the 2012 draft, the Bengals select...

WR-Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

While the Bengals did draft a WR and a QB last year, their defense was a top ten defense last year. Their offense was in the bottom half. WR is not a huge need, but the Bengals don't have a huge need after a busy Free Agency.

They were in no way expected by anyone to draft a WR, but when a guy like this falls this far it is not a bad idea to take him. They already drafted Dre Kirkpatrick, and this pick gives them a strong first round. Dalton-Green-Floyd are a regular team on highlight films for the next 5 years.

And just for a little extra analysis, his arrest record seemed to really fit the direction they decided on many years ago.

leroyisgod
03-26-2012, 09:07 AM
With the 21st pick in the 2012 draft, the Bengals select...

WR-Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

While the Bengals did draft a WR and a QB last year, their defense was a top ten defense last year. Their offense was in the bottom half. WR is not a huge need, but the Bengals don't have a huge need after a busy Free Agency.

They were in no way expected by anyone to draft a WR, but when a guy like this falls this far it is not a bad idea to take him. They already drafted Dre Kirkpatrick, and this pick gives them a strong first round. Dalton-Green-Floyd are a regular team on highlight films for the next 5 years.

And just for a little extra analysis, his arrest record seemed to really fit the direction they decided on many years ago.

I didn't see this coming, but I like your thinking.

Trogdor
03-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Just realized looking at the board that Luke Kuechly is going to fall to the Steelers. That's insane value. Both the Browns and the Lions have zero need for an MLB (now that Tulloch is resigned). *puke*

I have the Lion's pick typed up and ready whenever pick 22 is done.

UTPATS
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
That's who I wanted the Titans to get, but just couldn't pull the trigger...

PrimeTime
03-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry guys, mother had neck surgery and I've been at her place.

D-Ware Nightmare
03-26-2012, 04:39 PM
With the 22nd pick in the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select:

Mike Adams RT OSU

After picking up Richardson at 4 Cleveland held its breath on Michael Floyd dropping one more spot, however they had a tough decision made for them by the bengals. With the release of Tony Pashos there is a clear cut place for Adams to step right in at RT and stay there as long as Joe Thomas can man the LT spot. 37 will be a prime spot to land a pass catcher the likes of Stephen Hill, Alshon Jeffrey, or Coby Fleener,, whomever falls of the bunch.

Trogdor
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
With the 23rd pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t5c6I9wmDXQ/T1lDOJ4fAXI/AAAAAAAAAKY/avnQvdONxIk/s1600/Cordy-Glenn.jpg

Cordy Glenn, OT/OG, Georgia

After the dust settled from free agency two key needs emerged for the Lions: CB and OG. The team studied both Jenkins and Glenn hard and decided the baggage accompanying Jenkins was too much of a risk and grabbing the mauler out of Georgia.

Glenn may of had some struggles manning tackle on quicker players but make no mistake he is immensely strong and will thrive operating in the phone booth inside. He's the type of lineman that if you let him get his hands on you it's game over. He won't be able to pull effectively and he can close his balance when driving into contact but he has many technique improvements that should make him a starting OG from day 1.

leroyisgod
03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Okay stupid question, how are you guys getting the image to show in your posts? I'm clickign on add image and I add the image location, but when I post it or review my post it only shows up as the actual url?

CDCB14
03-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Okay stupid question, how are you guys getting the image to show in your posts? I'm clickign on add image and I add the image location, but when I post it or review my post it only shows up as the actual url?

Just post the link between . If that doesn't work then I don't know what's wrong.

leroyisgod
03-26-2012, 07:05 PM
With the 24th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2724505/134137592_extra_large.jpg

Dont'a Hightower- ILB- Alabama

The youth movement begins for the Steelers on defense with the selection of Hightower. Hightower is a thumper that can also blitz effectively. Along with Timmons they now have a formidable tandem at ILB for years to come.

Konz and Zeitler were very strong considerations here, but the Steelers feel they can address their OL in rounds 2 and 3.

pocketaces
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Luke-Kuechly.jpg

With the 25th pick in the NFL draft the Denver Brocos select Luke Kuechly LB Boston College. In what has to be considered the steal of the draft, the Broncos get a top 10 pick at 25. To get Kuechly and Von Miller in back to back drafts gives them one of, if not the best, LB cores in the entire NFL. With Manning now on board and a bolstered D, the Broncos are in serious contention for the AFC title.

leroyisgod
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Oh crap, I totally forgot Kuechly was on the board. OOOPPPPSSSS

pocketaces
03-26-2012, 07:41 PM

The Broncos and their fans thank you! :banana: :banana: :banana: :beers: :beers: :beers: :love: :love: :happy: :happy: :party: :party: :party:

Trogdor
03-26-2012, 08:13 PM

:evil_laugh: I even pointed it out before making my pick :P

leroyisgod
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
:evil_laugh: I even pointed it out before making my pick :P

I know and I was going to do it and got into a debate with a friend that's a Steelers fan and he kept mentioning Hightower. :njx:

Witten4HOF
03-26-2012, 10:14 PM
I go out for a couple of hours to get a bite to eat and catch a movie and look at the movement that happens.... figures haha. Crazy to think Kuechley could fall this far, although there could be an argument that Hightower is a better fit for the "Thumper" role Farrior played in Pittsburgh. Denver would do a happy dance if they got that kind of value with their pick.

I think the Mike Adams is a bad fit for the Browns... He is a finness player best suited for LT on a pass happy team. He isn't very stong, so asking him to play RT on a team that is designed to pound the rock may not be the best move. IF they were to go O-line Cordy Glenn would be the more natural fit at either tackle or Guard. Also, Kendall Wright would be a great pick to add some explosion to a team that lacks playmakers on offense.

Thats all for me tonight, I belong to the GF tonight, just wanted to take a peek on the progress. Ill be back on tomorrow to update and hopefully it will be my turn again.

CowboysBeastMode
03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
With the 26th pick in the NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Kendall Wright WR Baylor

WR may not seem like a position of need but Andre Johnson is 31 years old and they don't have any other playmakers in the passing game besides him. Stephen Hill also would get some consideration, but Wright can step in Day 1 and be that big play target across from Johnson something Houston has never had.

With Johnson and Wright outside that should give Arian Foster and Ben Tate even more room to run. Wright is versatile too, he can play the slot and return punts giving him even more value.

Classic luxury pick!!!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-26-2012, 11:05 PM
I like the Kendall Wright pick. Houston must get a WO. I am prejudice, as I also love the Texans. When I picked for The Cincy Buttholes I wanted to pass on Floyd so that he would be there for the Texicans. But the value was too high.

I am glad you made that pick. It is a good one.

+ rep for you.

leroyisgod
03-27-2012, 08:12 AM
totally didn't realize Andre was 31

D-Unit
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
With the 27th overall selection, the New England Patriots select CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2012/writers/don_banks/02/26/janoris.jenkins/janoris-jenkins-presswire.jpg

Belichick has a close relationship with Urban Meyer and gets the full report on Jenkins. UF coaches loved the guy, but had to dismiss him in order to save face for the University. The Patriots need secondary help badly. Based on pure talent, Jenkins is arguably the top CB in the draft.

CowboysBeastMode
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
totally didn't realize Andre was 31actually he's 30 now but he'll 31 before the season starts

Witten4HOF
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
With the 28th the Green Bay Packers select Peter Konz OC, Wisconsin

http://nfldraftroundup.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/peter-konz.jpg

With Stephen Gilmore and Janoris Jenkins off the board Ted Thompson and company decide to take a run on the in state guy who grew up just 45 min outside of Green Bay. Not only is it a great PR move, Konz is one of the better prospects to come out in recent history. Konz is a great technician who can take a year of strength training and tutelage under Jeff Saturday to become primed as a 2013 starter.

Courtney Upshaw might also get a look here to pair with Clay Mathews on the outside.

Witten4HOF
03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
With the 29th overall selection, the Baltimore Ravens select Courtney Upshaw OLB, Alabama

http://thefanhub.com/uploads/large/uspw_5743744-1329505582.jpg

The Ravens are amazed that Upshaw has fallen this far and simply cant pass on the perfect compliment to Terrell Suggs. Fleener would be a good fit if Upshaw wasn't available, the team has missed the presence of an impact TE since Todd Heap left. Stephen Hill could also get a look as a guy would brings a vertical threat.

D-Unit
03-27-2012, 09:03 PM
With the 30th pick of the draft the San Francisco 49ers select OG/C Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/cfb-preview-all-big-ten-team/images/kevin-zeitler.jpg

They have a need at both OG and C, so Zeitler should be able to fill one or the other and give them options on what to do later in the draft by taking the best available OG or best available C.

CowboysBeastMode
03-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Let me first i do not think that New England will make this pick, this i probably a trade down to try to acquire another 1st rounder next year.... but since this is a mock with the 31st pick in the NFL Draft the New England Patriots select Andre Branch DE/OLB Clemson

Like i said before i do not think NE will hold on to this, i started to put down Harrison Smith (i think Barron is more of an in the box type and they already have Chung in that role), but ultimately NE goes with the versatility of Branch who can DE in 4-3 or OLB in the 3-4.

pocketaces
03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
With the 32nd pick in the NFL draft the NY Giants select, Stephon Hill WR Georgia Tech. What happens when your team loses Mario Mannigham? You replace him with a guy thats 6-4 215 and runs a 4.3. A poor mans Calvin Johnson, Hill will be another big target for the defending champs and Eli Manning. Coby Fleener was also a guy that was highly thought of but in the end they took a WR with huge potential and could wind up being the best WR in this class.

leroyisgod
03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
With the 1st pick in the 2nd round of the 2012 NFL draft, the St Louis Rams select....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2012-02/67928335.jpg

Zach Brown- OLB- North Carolina

The Rams need help at CB and OL, but Brown is the BPA and is a very fast and athletic LB that will contribute from day one on special teams and become an eventual starter.

Trogdor
03-28-2012, 04:25 PM
(Will type it out later)

Grigson turns a bunch of heads and takes....

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

D-Ware Nightmare
03-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Minnesota Vikings select: Mark Barron S Alabama

They play in division that features Rodgers, Cutler, and Stafford. That means they better get their secondary fixed if they ever want to compete. Barron is my highest rated secondary player left, and i think they can get Ponder some weapons with their later picks.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-29-2012, 09:02 PM
The Tampa Bay Bucks are up. They have upgraded the line, receiving corp and secondary.

Their top running back didn't have close to 1,000 yards last year, and the value is there.

The Buccaneers select

David Wilson RB Virginia Tech.

Wilson showed that he has what it takes physically, and his college stats speak for themselves. He is opposite what they have in Blount, which is a good thing. They have a change of pace guy now, that can also be a work horse if need be.

UTPATS
03-30-2012, 12:21 AM
With the 37th pick in the nfl draft, the Cleveland browns select...

Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/hijumper34/Alshon-Jeffery-2.jpg

Browns are loading up on Offensive Playmakers, including a guy who can help protect then (M. Adams RT). Jeffery is an explosive receiver who can go up and contend for every throw. He also has the run after the catch ability to fit in with the West Coast style offense.

Jeffery will look good opposite Greg Little with Trent Richardson in the backfield. Colt McCoy will have even better weapons around him than at Texas. No excuses this time around.

Vs. Alabama 2010: Over Barron and Kirkpatrick
(Not sure how to embed, so here is the link)

http://youtu.be/5bpHPzu_wEM

Makes me wish I was a fan of a different team so I would feel the need to draft this guy!

Vs. Janoris Jenkins in 2010, great matchup

http://youtu.be/J5tH53cLW4U

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I like the Jeffery pick.

UTPATS
04-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks... He's growing on me, especially for a team like CLE who desperately needs a playmaker.

leroyisgod
04-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Did this draft die?

Witten4HOF
04-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Did this draft die?

I've grown tired of pestering people about something they volunteered for.... the Primetimes havent taken it very seriously, thats my fault for allowing people to participate with low rep and post quanity. I just thought it would be nice to have something that everyone could get involved in.

Trogdor
04-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Closer to draft day we can get the active people in here and do one with trades etc.

Witten4HOF
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Closer to draft day we can get the active people in here and do one with trades etc.

I hear that

CowboysBeastMode
04-07-2012, 11:39 PM
so how many people gonna be in it this time

leroyisgod
04-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm game for a serious mock.

UTPATS
04-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Add me in!!!

Witten4HOF
04-16-2012, 05:39 AM
when do we want to do this?

leroyisgod
04-16-2012, 10:49 AM
when do we want to do this?

How many rounds are we doing?

pocketaces
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Im in....Better get started soon. Draft is 10 days away!!

Go Cowboys
04-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm in if you need another person.

CowboysBeastMode
04-18-2012, 11:34 PM
so witten whats up w/ the mock draft

Witten4HOF
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Lets bang out a last minute first round mock between us on the Cowboys board and frequent visitors (Princefielder, BBD etc) if they wish. Just use this thread or PM me if you are interested, once we get a total amount of people we will divide accordingly. We'll give until 11 am et tomorrow for signups, I'll have assigned teams by noon and KC will be on the clock from there. There will be no offical time clock but remember we only have a day to squeeze in 32 pick so if you cant at least check in every couple of hours leave a Phone # and I'll shoot you a text if you are on the board. To keep it as authentic as possible trades are allowed if both parties are interested but try to keep it as realistic as possible please.

That is all lets have some fun :)

Trogdor
04-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Lets bang out a last minute first round mock between us on the Cowboys board and frequent visitors (Princefielder, BBD etc) if they wish. Just use this thread or PM me if you are interested, once we get a total amount of people we will divide accordingly. We'll give until 11 am et tomorrow for signups, I'll have assigned teams by noon and KC will be on the clock from there. There will be no offical time clock but remember we only have a day to squeeze in 32 pick so if you cant at least check in every couple of hours leave a Phone # and I'll shoot you a text if you are on the board. To keep it as authentic as possible trades are allowed if both parties are interested but try to keep it as realistic as possible please.

That is all lets have some fun :)

I'm in. 10char

pocketaces
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Count me in...

primetime217
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Im in. Lets do it

CowboysBeastMode
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM
i'm down witten

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
1 1 Kansas City- Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
2 2 Jacksonville- Dion Jordan DE, Oregon
3 3 Oakland- Shariff Floyd DT, Florida
4 4 Philadelphia- Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M
5 5 Detroit- Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
6 6 Cleveland- Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
7 7 Arizona- Ezekiel Ansah DE, BYU
8 8 Buffalo- Geno Smith QB, WV
9 9 New York Jets- Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
10 10 Tennessee- Dee Millner CB, Alabama
11 11 San Diego- Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU
12 12 Miami- Xavier Rhodes CB, FLorida ST
13 13 New York Jets (from Tampa Bay)- Tavon Austin WR, WVU
14 14 Carolina- Jonathan Cooper G, North Carolina
15 15 New Orleans- Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas
16 16 St. Louis- Alec Ogletree LB, Georgia
17 17 Pittsburgh- Iamcanadian
18 18 Dallas- UTPATS
19 19 New York Giants- Bigbluedefense
20 20 Chicago- Princefielder28
21 21 Cincinnati- Leroyisgod
22 22 St. Louis (from Washington)Cowboysbeastmode
23 23 Minnesota- Witten4hof
24 24 Indianapolis- D-Unit
25 25 Minnesota (from Seattle)- Witten4hof
26 26 Green Bay- Leroyisgod
27 27 Houston- Pocketaces
28 28 Denver- Princefielder28
29 29 New England-Trogdor
30 30 Atlanta- UTPATS
031 31 San Francisco- Bigbluedefense
32 32 Baltimore- Witten4hof

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 11:06 AM
First eight teams are posted, still waiting on some responses to see if we can get 11 people involved so everyone gets 3 picks but me. If I get negative responses everyone will get bumped up to 4 picks. Also, I am going to bunch the Jets/ Rams / Vikings multiples so that there is a consistent train of thought by the GM.

Feel free to start whenever you are ready but I am officially going to start pming people at 5 pm ET just to make sure they are aware of their assigned teams.

leroyisgod
04-24-2013, 11:09 AM
First eight teams are posted, still waiting on some responses to see if we can get 11 people involved so everyone gets 3 picks but me. If I get negative responses everyone will get bumped up to 4 picks. Also, I am going to bunch the Jets/ Rams / Vikings multiples so that there is a consistent train of thought by the GM.

When does it start?

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 11:11 AM
When does it start?

Hopefully it gets ramped up by 6pm ET so that we can knock it out by tomorrow afternoon.

leroyisgod
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Hopefully it gets ramped up by 6pm ET so that we can knock it out by tomorrow afternoon.

Count me in

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Count me in

OK locking you in for the two Jets pick fyi, will get at least on more team once I figure out who is for sure.

Iamcanadian
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Outside of having to pick up my wife at work at 6:30PM, I would like to join in. I really don't care which team you give me since all my favourite teams seem to have been assigned already, and I can handle a couple if need be.
Oh yeah, her work is only 10 minutes away so I'd be home by 6:45 at the latest.

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Outside of having to pick up my wife at work at 6:30PM, I would like to join in. I really don't care which team you give me since all my favourite teams seem to have been assigned already, and I can handle a couple if need be.
Oh yeah, her work is only 10 minutes away so I'd be home by 6:45 at the latest.

Just responded to your PM, so far you are locked into Tennessee but you will probably pick up another team or two. There is no rush on the picks so don't worry about it, I already know most people won't be available until 6 or so because of work/ school. All good my friend appreciate the help, I am just locking teams in order of people saying that they want in, feel free to trade assignments with someone that has your fav team as most of us are Cowboys fans anyway.

Iamcanadian
04-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Just responded to your PM, so far you are locked into Tennessee but you will probably pick up another team or two. There is no rush on the picks so don't worry about it, I already know most people won't be available until 6 or so because of work/ school. All good my friend appreciate the help, I am just locking teams in order of people saying that they want in, feel free to trade assignments with someone that has your fav team as most of us are Cowboys fans anyway.

Well, I'm a Detroit, Cleveland and Bills fan because at 69, I've been around a long time. Cleveland was the only team on Toronto TV when I was a kid and I had the privledge to see every game of Jim Brown's career, then Buffalo came into existence and Cleveland disappeared from our TV. Finally, about 25 years ago, I moved close to Detroit and took up their cause as well.
As you can see, I have a lot of experience in losing causes.:evil_laugh:

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, I'm a Detroit, Cleveland and Bills fan because at 69, I've been around a long time. Cleveland was the only team on Toronto TV when I was a kid and I had the privledge to see every game of Jim Brown's career, then Buffalo came into existence and Cleveland disappeared from our TV. Finally, about 25 years ago, I moved close to Detroit and took up their cause as well.
As you can see, I have a lot of experience in losing causes.:evil_laugh:

well sir, I'll make it very easy for you and slide myself out of Detroit's slot and it is all yours.

UTPATS
04-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Can we trade or just pick?

pocketaces
04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Can we trade or just pick?

UTPATS
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Excellent, thanks...

D-Unit
04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Didn't see my name up there, but you know I'm in! :)

Trogdor
04-24-2013, 03:35 PM
PM'd my pick / explanation to Witten. Wasn't sure if he wanted it in this thread or creating a new one. I'm watching a movie but I'll check back after a bit to see when my next pick is.

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 05:18 PM
VIA Trogdor

With the 1st selection of the NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select:

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content...omp/vugLbe.jpg

The Chiefs are rumored to be selecting an offensive tackle with the first selection with the fan-base and scouts alike split as far as the better of Fisher or Joeckel. The Chiefs side with the immense potential of Eric Fisher's massive 6-8 frame which paired with his impressive foot speed will be a fixture on the left side of KC's line over the next decade.

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 05:20 PM
VIA POCKETACES

With the 2nd selection of the NFL Draft the JAcksonville Jaguars select:

Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
VIA PRIMETIME217

With the 3rd selection of the NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select:

Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida

Iamcanadian
04-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm here. ***

Iamcanadian
04-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I got my answer.

Iamcanadian
04-24-2013, 05:46 PM
anybody else here?

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 05:51 PM
anybody else here?

Its a joint draft but its not timed so people might stumble in an out. I think there is one more pick before it gets to you.

CowboysBeastMode
04-24-2013, 05:52 PM
im here now

CowboysBeastMode
04-24-2013, 06:03 PM
anybody want to trade up to 4 pm an offer now

CowboysBeastMode
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM
With the 4th selection in the 2013 NFL Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

leroyisgod
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
lt's do it, cannot wait to turn around the Jets with my superb mock skills

Iamcanadian
04-24-2013, 07:46 PM
With the 5th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select Lane Johnson LT, Oklahoma

Witten4HOF
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Anyone have UTPATS phone # I accidentally deleted it when I was wiping out my pms?

UTPATS
04-25-2013, 12:10 AM
With the 6th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

princefielder28
04-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Arizona selects DE Ezekiel Ansah

bigbluedefense
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
The Buffalo Bills select Geno Smith.

leroyisgod
04-25-2013, 09:24 AM
NY Jets select Jarvis Jones- OLB- Georgia

Witten4HOF
04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
With the 10th pick in the NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans Select:

Dee Millner CB, Alabama

D-Unit
04-25-2013, 10:35 AM
San Diego selects DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo.

http://turnonthejets.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/mingo.jpg

Trogdor
04-25-2013, 10:40 AM
With the 12th selection of the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins proudly select:

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

http://patthiede.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/xavier-rhodes.jpg

leroyisgod
04-25-2013, 12:59 PM
With the 13th pick, the NY Jets select...

Tavon Austin- WR- West Virginia

Iamcanadian
04-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Pittsburgh, with the 17th pick, is interested in a trade down, looking for a later round 1, and a 3rd , 4th. and a 4th rounder next year. PM me if interested.

It will all depend on how far back I have to go, for teams in the mid 20's, I would expect something less, The Value Chart will rule. So base your offer off of it.

pocketaces
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
with the 14th pick, Carolina selects

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/QY/QYNVGQRPFOPFHYH.20121015163710.jpg

Jonathon Cooper, North Carolina

primetime217
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
With the 15th pick in the 2013 nfl draft, the New Orleans saints select.....Kenny vaccaro. Safety from Texas.

Witten4HOF
04-25-2013, 04:10 PM
VIA COWBOYSBEASTMODE

With the 16th OVERALL SELECTION IN THE NFL DRAFT THE ST LOUIS RAMS SELECT:

ALEC OGLETREE LB, GEORGIA

CowboysBeastMode
04-25-2013, 05:02 PM
with the 14th pick, Carolina selects

Jonathon Cooper, North Carolinanot sure about cooper to carolina, they drafted a guard pretty high last year

pocketaces
04-25-2013, 05:39 PM
not sure about cooper to carolina, they drafted a guard pretty high last year

Not sure about anything but thats my pick. Believe it or disprove it ;)

Witten4HOF
04-25-2013, 06:15 PM
I dont think we are going to make it. Iamcanadian is mia and we are too far away from closing it out. Thanks for trying though

UTPATS
04-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Falcons trade up and take Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Iamcanadian
04-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I traded the 17th pick to Atlanta for 30, 60, 198

Witten4HOF
04-25-2013, 06:46 PM
I never received confirmation but its all good enjoy the draft.

CowboysBeastMode
04-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Not sure about anything but thats my pick. Believe it or disprove it ;)i dont disapprove, i just dont think it will happen

Iamcanadian
04-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Gee, My wife comes home everyday at 6:30, today, she didn't make it till 7:15 and I didn't realize so much time had gone by. Really sorry I held up the mock.

BobTheCowboysTroll
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Gee, My wife comes home everyday at 6:30, today, she didn't make it till 7:15 and I didn't realize so much time had gone by. Really sorry I held up the mock.

Pick some Center from Wisconsin and win your prize.

Witten4HOF
03-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Here we go again. For anyone who hasn't participated in the past, we basically take the first round and divy up picks according by the amount of people who are participating.

Ill leave sign ups open until Friday. We can start Friday night and hopefully keep get is squared away by the weekend.

pocketaces
03-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Here we go again. For anyone who hasn't participated in the past, we basically take the first round and divy up picks according by the amount of people who are participating.

Ill leave sign ups open until Friday. We can start Friday night and hopefully keep get is squared away by the weekend.

Count me in.

Trogdor
03-19-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm in. :)

D-Unit
03-19-2014, 02:46 PM
In here... of course, right?

Jas
03-21-2014, 06:30 AM
I'd like to be in but I'm going to be busy all day and night on Saturday and don't want to mess it up by not being available.

D-Unit
03-25-2014, 04:07 PM
What happened to this?

Jas
03-25-2014, 04:21 PM
What happened to this?

I was wondering too? I couldn't do it last saturday but if it's this sat, count me in.