PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow + 7th traded to the Jets for a 4th & 6th

Pages : [1] 2 3

gpngc
03-19-2012, 10:59 AM
They morally downgraded to Peyton Manning.

LOLLER SKATES.

What team?

Diehard
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
They morally downgraded to Peyton Manning.

LOLLER SKATES.

What team?

Miami or Jacksonville for the $$$.

bearsfan_51
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
It begins....

JHasley10
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Hope they only get a 3rd or 4th for him. Jacksonville will prob do it for ticket sales

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
NO GOD DAMMIT I WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS THREAD AND CALL IT "WHERE WILL TIM TEBOW END UP?" JUST LIKE THE PEYTON THREAD BUT YOU ******* RUINED IT!!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo...ehrm...anyway....

Dolphins are the early favorite. Considering Jacksonville now has a different owner than the guy who wanted Tebow and already signed a backup QB, I don't think they'll factor in.

TitleTown088
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Elway is going to regret spiting Tebow.

gpngc
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm going to predict that the desperate Dolphins (who have no receivers and two good RBs... think about it...) offer their 2nd-round pick to Denver for Him.

**** it, 2nd prediction: Cleveland for a third.

TitleTown088
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
NO GOD DAMMIT I WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS THREAD AND CALL IT "WHERE WILL TIM TEBOW END UP?" JUST LIKE THE PEYTON THREAD BUT YOU ******* RUINED IT!!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo...ehrm...anyway....

Dolphins are the early favorite. Considering Jacksonville now has a different owner than the guy who wanted Tebow and already signed a backup QB, I don't think they'll factor in.

Tebow in Philbin's offense? Meh.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Elway is going to regret spiting Tebow.

Tebow is going to give him mean looks from the bench when he next comes to Denver as his future team's 3rd string QB/backup FB.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Tebow in Philbin's offense? Meh.

Irrelevant. Stephen Ross wants a "rockstar" team to compete with the Heat in town and Matt Moore/Alex Smith sure don't provide that.

He'll just stick Tebow in there and demand that Philbin do something with him.

Grizzlegom
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm not going to vote because I don't think Denver will trade him.

Nalej
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/tebow.jpg

Ugh

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Haha. Whatever the Patriots did to anger the football gods must have been truly horrible.

bearsfan_51
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I like the Pats idea. Let him play H-back, or put in a formation where he just trucks bitches.

The backlash on Tebow is too much. He's not a good quarterback, but he is a valuable piece that anyone would want on their 53 man roster.

Nalej
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
It's so annoying. We don't have any FBs on the current roster so I guess he has a spot.

toonsterwu
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Miami or Jacksonville for the $$$.

I've got a tough time seeing Miami on this one. As much money as it might bring, that's really no where near the offense that the owner wants.

Will Jacksonville really go after another QB with Gabbert and Henne in place? Could definitely see them as an option.

I think it's going to take a team that has a creative HC/offensive mind, or a team with nothing to lose by stashing him on their depth chart. One team I wouldn't exactly rule out is Buffalo. Ryan Fitzpatrick is their starter for now, but if they can get Tebow on the cheap, maybe Gailey gets a couple years to groom him. Of course, if the price is right, a lot of teams may have some intrigue in stashing him on the depth chart.

The Pats are interesting because I vaguely recall Belichick taking a liking to him when he was coming out. Of course, that could've simply been the Belichick/Meyer connection. That said, if they move for Tebow with Hoyer and Mallett in place, he'll definitely be filling in at other positions, it would seem.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I like the Pats idea. Let him play H-back, or put in a formation where he just trucks bitches.

The backlash on Tebow is too much. He's not a good quarterback, but he is a valuable piece that anyone would want on their 53 man roster.

Not at the price of the "fandumb" he bring with him. The Patriots might be alright as long as they have Brady playing at a high level, since the demands for Tebow to start at QB won't be as high, but most other teams would be screwed.

You can't "just use him as a FB" because there will be demands (and billboards) calling for him to start at QB as soon as your non-future HOF-QB throws an incompletion.

TACKLE
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Is this really a debate? Order your #15 jerseys in silver and black now.

Grizzlegom
Is this really a debate? Order your #15 jerseys in silver and black now.

Tebow + Pryor? They'd be set for life...at TE.

bearsfan_51
Eh....I wouldn't really sweat stuff like that. Even if people are clamoring, at least they are paying attention, which is more than you can say now in places like Miami and Jacksonville.

jrdrylie
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I think Jacksonville's new owner is going to make a huge push for him. Back in 2010, Khan told Wayne Weaver they should have drafted Tebow. And he just recently said that if he had been the owner then, Tebow would have been drafted by the Jaguars. I think he'll make a huge push to get him.

The reaction from all my Jacksonville friends is hilarious. They are all saying that the Jaguars already sell all their tickets and their season ticket renewal rates are at all time highs so they don't need Tebow to sell tickets. What they fail to remember is that while Jacksonville does sell out their stadium, it is mainly because they covered up 15K seats. If Tebow comes, they'll be able to take the tarps off. At $40 a seat, that is $6 million extra a year. Also, Jacksonville has trouble selling their luxury and club seats (which don't count towards sellout numbers).

gpngc
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Tebow/Laurent 2012. Hope. Ducks. Happiness.

brat316
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Tebow vs Gabbert

The ultimate battle.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
i just can't imagine, after watching Tebow play this past season, that any team would be willing to give up a 3rd round or higher pick. he would be an awesome FB, but noone wants to have the fans chanting for your FB to play QB. the distraction he would create would almost be worth a team giving a pick to their rival to trade for him. i'll give SD KCs 3rd round pick to trade for Tebow. the ensuing roits would surely doom the Chargers to fail, again

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I think Jacksonville's new owner is going to make a huge push for him. Back in 2010, Khan told Wayne Weaver they should have drafted Tebow. And he just recently said that if he had been the owner then, Tebow would have been drafted by the Jaguars. I think he'll make a huge push to get him.

The reaction from all my Jacksonville friends is hilarious. They are all saying that the Jaguars already sell all their tickets and their season ticket renewal rates are at all time highs so they don't need Tebow to sell tickets. What they fail to remember is that while Jacksonville does sell out their stadium, it is mainly because they covered up 15K seats. If Tebow comes, they'll be able to take the tarps off. At $40 a seat, that is $6 million extra a year. Also, Jacksonville has trouble selling their luxury and club seats (which don't count towards sellout numbers).

Where the hell are you going to NFL games for those prices?

jrdrylie
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
The Bears should be on this list. We need a tight end.

Unbiased
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
1% chance he goes to Jacksonville.

SolidGold
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Bills for a 4th rounder

brat316
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Eagles ticket are like 65-75 dollars, but you have to buy from them directly before everyone buys them and resells them on ticketmatser and stub hub.

Jax does have a problem selling tickets so at that rate it makes sense.

I_C_DeadPeople
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Tebow vs Gabbert

The ultimate battle.

That would be like 2 double arm amputees in a ping pong challenge

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
That would be like 2 double arm amputees in a ping pong challenge

One believes that god will move the paddle for him while the other ducks out of the way of the ball and cowers in the fetal position.

jrdrylie

The seats covered up are in the upper deck at the very far ends. You can get season tickets for those areas for $330 a year.

A Perfect Score
Bills for a 4th rounder

Bills are a really, really interesting option. He's got a skillset that matches what Gailey likes, they need a successor to Fitz (who is more a stop gap then anything else, despite what his contract may say), and that team is always trying to find a way to sell more tickets. Bills make a ton of sense to me.

SolidGold
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Bills are a really, really interesting option. He's got a skillset that matches what Gailey likes, they need a successor to Fitz (who is more a stop gap then anything else, despite what his contract may say), and that team is always trying to find a way to sell more tickets. Bills make a ton of sense to me.

From what I remember the Bills would of used their 2nd round pick on him back in 2010 before the Broncos traded back up for him.

49erNation85
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
This freaking sucks for Tebow come on down to SF . But I bet he goes to one of the Florida teams either Jacksonville or Miami .

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM

There's a coach out there who likes <50% passers with a wind up release that can only be accurately timed via sundial?

Tim Tebow as a passer makes Kordell Stewart look like god damned Marino.

jrdrylie
A guy from a Denver ESPN radio station said the Broncos are looking for 2 picks for Tebow and he said a 2nd and 5th would do it.

A Perfect Score
This freaking sucks for Tebow come on down to SF . But I bet he goes to one of the Florida teams either Jacksonville or Miami .

Remember when I told you that Tebow wouldn't start in Denver past Week 8 of next year?

BOOM.

gpngc
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM

Please come on down to San Francisco...

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
A guy from a Denver ESPN radio station said the Broncos are looking for 2 picks for Tebow and he said a 2nd and 5th would do it.

Too rich for my blood. I'd pay a 2nd and 5th to keep him OFF of my team though.

A Perfect Score
03-19-2012, 11:32 AM

I pity the team that gives up a 2nd and 5th for him. I can see the Bills tossing them a 3rd, or someone like the Pats MAYBE offering a late 2nd for whatever reason, but I doubt they'll snag some really premium resources in return for Tebow.

Matthew Jones
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Broncos are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.

Complex
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Lions (10)

SolidGold
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries, etc. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Colts are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.

They want to cut the head off the snake, no Tebow than Tebowmania for the most part will be gone in Denver.

gpngc
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Broncos are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.

Tebow learning under Manning would do very little for his development considering that the two must operate in completely different offensive schemes.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't understand why Denver is so willing to trade Tebow considering he is now in an ideal situation sitting behind Peyton Manning for a little while. Peyton is about to turn 36, coming off of four neck surgeries, and missed all of 2011. Even before last season he had undergone a number of offseason surgeries, etc. Getting rid of Tebow will only mean that the Colts are one-deep at QB with no backup to groom as Manning's replacement.

Elway wants Tebow GONE. OUT. He basically only played Tebow last year to show the fans that he sucked.

He did suck, but between him getting impossibly lucky, other teams defending him improperly, and the defense stepping up, Elway landed himself in a pickle.

He and any other reasonable football mind in any organization in the league want nothing to do with Tebow at QB, and even having him on the roster as a FB/wildcat option is risky in case your starter struggles at all, because the fans will want Tebow starting.

Some owner seeing dollar signs will demand that his team trade for Tebow and some unfortunate football mind is going to have his career ruined by it.

Iamcanadian
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
The only teams I see wanting him are teams who are having a hard time selling season tickets, he'll fill the stadium and that is money in the bank for any owner.

jrdrylie
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Elway wants Tebow GONE. OUT. He basically only played Tebow last year to show the fans that he sucked.

He did suck, but between him getting impossibly lucky, other teams defending him improperly, and the defense stepping up, Elway landed himself in a pickle.

He and any other reasonable football mind in any organization in the league want nothing to do with Tebow at QB, and even having him on the roster as a FB/wildcat option is risky in case your starter struggles at all, because the fans will want Tebow starting.

Some owner seeing dollar signs will demand that his team trade for Tebow and some unfortunate football mind is going to have his career ruined by it.

This is why Jacksonville is such a great landing spot for him. Gene Smith has done nothing so far to show he is a competent GM. He had about $40 million in cap space and they signed Chad Henne and Laurent Robinson. His hipster drafting has given the Jaguars very little outside of two decent defensive tackles and a decent offensive lineman. I don't think the Jaguars will ever be a great team with Gene Smith calling the shots, so they may as well take a shot with Tebow.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
This is why Jacksonville is such a great landing spot for him. Gene Smith has done nothing so far to show he is a competent GM. He had about $40 million in cap space and they signed Chad Henne and Laurent Robinson. His hipster drafting has given the Jaguars very little outside of two decent defensive tackles and a decent offensive lineman. I don't think the Jaguars will ever be a great team with Gene Smith calling the shots, so they may as well take a shot with Tebow.

Well, his career was pretty much shot in the balls the moment he made Blaine Gabbert a high draft pick anyway.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-ryan-clady-peyton-manning-is-just-better-than-tim-tebow/

Broncos’ Ryan Clady: Peyton Manning is just better than Tim Tebow

Is the sky also blue there Ryan?

pete_norm
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM

They could convert him to Tight End and start a 3 tight end trend in the NFL...

brat316
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
ST player as well.

Unbiased
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-ryan-clady-peyton-manning-is-just-better-than-tim-tebow/

Is the sky also blue there Ryan?

Uh oh, look for MightyTitan to give you a science lesson.

jrdrylie
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
They could convert him to Tight End and start a 3 tight end trend in the NFL...

I like it. No running backs. Welker and Brandon Lloyd at receiver and three tight ends. They'd be unstoppable.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Why arent the patriots on the poll?

gpngc
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM

I don't think it's realistic.

The Patriots know Tebow wants to play QB and there's no way they'd play him there. They already have a backup they'd either groom or flip for draft picks in Ryan Mallet. And Hoyer I think.

Also, Belichick covets those 2ndish-round picks - I doubt he'd trade one for a gadget player/3rdish string "QB". And that's likely where other teams are willing to go in terms of offers whether we like it or not.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM

Bill Belichick enjoys winning.

BradysKnee
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Bill Belichick enjoys winning.

Except against the giants.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Except against the giants.

Eh, I think I'd be willing to settle for being 3-2 in career Superbowls. If he wants to increase one of those numbers, he'd best do it without Tebow anywhere near the roster.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't think it's realistic.

The Patriots know Tebow wants to play QB and there's no way they'd play him there. They already have a backup they'd either groom or flip for draft picks in Ryan Mallet. And Hoyer I think.

Also, Belichick covets those 2ndish-round picks - I doubt he'd trade one for a gadget player/3rdish string "QB". And that's likely where other teams are willing to go in terms of offers whether we like it or not.

I think its pretty realistic when John Clayton mentions it on sportscenter... More realistic than 75% of the teams on that list, Mcdaniels drafted Tebow and is the OC in NE...

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I think its pretty realistic when John Clayton mentions it on sportscenter... More realistic than 75% of the teams on the that list, Mcdaniels drafted Tebow and is the OC in NE now...

And if McD had Belichick oversight in Denver, he never would have taken Tebow in the first place.

BradysKnee
03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Eh, I think I'd be willing to settle for being 3-2 in career Superbowls. If he wants to increase one of those numbers, he'd best do it without Tebow anywhere near the roster.

Yeah, Tebow has the athletic ability to play TE, but not experience blocking or running routes etc to the level an NFL TE would require.

gpngc
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
It's not a bad point, but that was a different time when:

A) They hadn't seen Tebow struggle mightily in an NFL offense and force his team to play a high school offense.

B) They didn't have Ryan Mallett.

vidae
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Why the hell would anyone give up a pick for Tebow? He doesn't improve your QB situation (even on the Jags) and he doesn't make your team better.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Tebow has the athletic ability to play TE, but not experience blocking or running routes etc to the level an NFL TE would require.

Plus I'd like to see him as a gunner on special teams. Or a blocker. Or even be on the field for special teams period.

3rd string TE basically translates to "special teamer who sometimes sees the field on offense and might catch a pass."

Belichick would scoff at the idea of a backup something not playing special teams.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
And if McD had Belichick oversight in Denver, he never would have taken Tebow in the first place.

Obviously not in the 1st round, but maybe in later rounds. Tebow is a prototypical Patriot, character wise. The pats would know how to use him effectively.

Im not saying it is going to happen, just saying the Pats should be on the list.

yodabear
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
They mine as well just get the teal and black or whatever they wear ready in Jacksonville. Odd mustache guy told Weaver in the draft to take him, so weird mustache guy wants him, so Jaguars will get him.

nepg
03-19-2012, 12:13 PM
The Bears should be on this list. We need a tight end.
I decree that any fan whose team lost to Tebow has zero ground on which to bash him in this vein.

brat316
Odd mustache guy? Khan?

jrdrylie
Why the hell would anyone give up a pick for Tebow? He doesn't improve your QB situation (even on the Jags) and he doesn't make your team better.

I think he is an upgrade over Gabbert. At least Tebow isn't a giant puss who is afraid of getting hit. I watched every Jacksonville game this year and I saw about three or four plays where I thought "Wow, this guy actually looks like he could be a good NFL starter." That's it. I am certainly not a Tebow believer but I do think he is better than Gabbert.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
I think he is an upgrade over Gabbert. At least Tebow isn't a giant puss who is afraid of getting hit. I watched every Jacksonville game this year and I saw about three or four plays where I thought "Wow, this guy actually looks like he could be a good NFL starter." That's it. I am certainly not a Tebow believer but I do think he is better than Gabbert.

The NFL should just contract Jacksonville as a franchise if that is their QB situation headed into 2012. I mean seriously, how do you **** up that badly?

NY+Giants=NYG
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd sign him to fix our short yardage situations! Spread teams out and go 5 wide, and then run for 1 yard with Tebow!

jrdrylie
The NFL should just contract Jacksonville as a franchise if that is their QB situation headed into 2012. I mean seriously, how do you **** up that badly?

And we can't forget about Chad Henne, who would somehow probably be the best QB of that trio.:facepalm:

PackerLegend
Denver you are going to make the biggest mistake of your life if you start Manning over Tebowzzzz. If you trade him your cursed forever. This is Timmy "Touchdown" Tebow for Christ sakes.

yodabear
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Odd mustache guy? Khan?

Yes, odd is not the right word, awesome is better actually.

Bucs_Rule
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Great. Instead of the constant Manning speculation on NFL Network it will be Tebow.

gpngc
03-19-2012, 12:20 PM
The scary thing is that it could take a while because teams that contact Denver quickly will lose leverage.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-not-expecting-much-in-tim-tebow-trade/

Mortensen said that if the Broncos can’t trade Tebow, they would likely release him. Bottom line: Tebowmania in Denver is dead.

Hahaha. Yesssssss yesssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss. Hahahahaa.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Just asking for drama if Jax brings him in...

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Just asking for drama if Jax brings him in...

This would happen to ANYONE who brings him in. The "fandumb" that is Tebowmania following him is damn near toxic to the organization.

Why do you think Elway wants him gone so bad? He probably had to pay a 36 year old, coming off of multiple neck surguries Peyton Manning a deal at least equal to what he was making in Indy in order to justify getting Tebow the **** out.

He's not worth it. One does not simply bring him in as a FB/TE. Anywhere he goes, the black cloud of him potentially starting at QB will hang over the franchise.

It's simply not worth it.

gpngc
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-not-expecting-much-in-tim-tebow-trade/

Hahaha. Yesssssss yesssssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss. Hahahahaa.

They'll have to hope that two teams fight over him because the entire league knows they have absolutely no leverage in trade talks.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
They'll have to hope that two teams fight over him because the entire league knows they have absolutely no leverage in trade talks.

I honestly don't think they care. Getting any pick would be great, but getting rid of him completely would just be such a tremendous weight lifted off of the franchise that it doesn't matter.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
This would happen to ANYONE who brings him in. The "fandumb" that is Tebowmania following him is damn near toxic to the organization.

Why do you think Elway wants him gone so bad? He probably had to pay a 36 year old, coming off of multiple neck surguries Peyton Manning a deal at least equal to what he was making in Indy in order to justify getting Tebow the **** out.

He's not worth it. One does not simply bring him in as a FB/TE. Anywhere he goes, the black cloud of him potentially starting at QB will hang over the franchise.

Jax would have potential for the most drama, with it being Tebows hometown

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Read the comments section of any Tebow related article coming out now. Amazing...simply amazing...they seem to be evenly split between extremely pissed off Tebow-ites and fans of other teams who are now terrified that their team might get Tebow. Hilarious.

Some gems:

I hope Tebow comes back to haunt you, Elway. Never seen a guy who wins disrespected so much.

The nice thing for Tebow is now he’ll be able to play in a place where he’s wanted.

If Tebow goes to Tampa Bay I’ll have to go to Mons Venus after every home game to wash the Christ off of me.

I think Elway should sue the league for excessive concussions. Of course the damage probably limits him from thinking of that.

MORONS!

Well, after the locus , the fire and then rain- nothing will be left over in Denver!

I’ll offer $50 for him to come play on my rugby team.

Yeah, the Broncos aren’t expecting much for a guy who helped take a 1-4 team to the playoffs and got the pleasure of knocking out the damn Steelers. Elway is an ungreatful bas*ard.

The thing I've always hated about Tebowmania is that I can't tell who is just trolling and who legitimately believes there is some sort of higher power at work in all of this. That scares me.

K Train
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
i actually think he would be a brilliant weapon for the broncos to have and use with peyton and a pretty good backup for a questionable peyton.

this coming from someone who loathes tebow as an NFL qb, he could be peyton mannings new dallas clark or be denvers new peyton hillis lol

TitleTown088
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
BeerBaron. You don't like Tim Tebow. We get it.

bearsfan_51
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I want to stick up for Tebow, but cokehead Mike Irvin likes him now, so I can't.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
i actually think he would be a brilliant weapon for the broncos to have and use with peyton and a pretty good backup for a questionable peyton.

this coming from someone who loathes tebow as an NFL qb, he could be peyton mannings new dallas clark or be denvers new peyton hillis lol

Elway just went through all of this to get Peyton in order to get rid of Tebow. He will have no place on the Broncos. None. They cannot have him there turning the fanbase toxic.

TitleTown088
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I want to stick up for Tebow, but cokehead Mike Irvin likes him now, so I can't.

Jim Harbaugh will do it for you. Just wait. :)

PoopSandwich
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
If the Browns get Tebow I request a name changed to Tebowlover69bangbangarang

BRING THE WORLDS BEST QB TO CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbiased
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
They mine as well just get the teal and black or whatever they wear ready in Jacksonville. Odd mustache guy told Weaver in the draft to take him, so weird mustache guy wants him, so Jaguars will get him.

He's not coming to Jacksonville.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM

haha yeah jeeze laweez

Zycho32
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
It's hilarious how the mob rules both ends of the argument. Well, no, not hilarious. It makes me contemplate genocide. That's closer to the truth.

That said, there are few QBs in the NFL who are without question supposed to start over Tebow if you added them. Peyton Manning, neck injury and age included, is one of them. The rest you could count on one hand. You know who I mean, the guys who are so much freaking better at the QB skills that their elite play withstands the mob scrutiny.

What I would like to see is how Tebow rebounds to this development. Regardless of whether or not Denver retains him- never discount that possibility- or he ends up elsewhere, the fact is he should know he must evolve or die. It may mean voluntarily playing 'back-up' and 'gimmick' roles while he learns the job on the fly. Actually, it definitely will.

Time for the intangibles to measure up, I guess.

redbills
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Better ? is how much does a team give up for him.

mqtirishfan
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
That said, there are few QBs in the NFL who are without question supposed to start over Tebow if you added them. Peyton Manning, neck injury and age included, is one of them. The rest you could count on one hand. You know who I mean, the guys who are so much freaking better at the QB skills that their elite play withstands the mob scrutiny.

I didn't know that a few meant 30 or so these days...

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Better ? is how much does a team give up for him.

4th rounder, at the most.

PackerLegend
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Not for a team with an elite QB. Brady, Rodgers, Brees... etc. There would be no thought of him starting. Still the circus would be to much.

brat316
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Not for a team with an elite QB. Brady, Rodgers, Brees... etc. There would be no thought of him starting. Still the circus would be to much.

Roethlisberger

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM

If you have one of those great QBs, then you don't need to bring in Tebow and his gimmicks. Why do you think none of those teams ever really bothered with the wildcat?

Any play you take out of that QB's hands is a waste.

Zycho32
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I didn't know that a few meant 30 or so these days...

Don't be a troll. That's unbecoming of you.

The definites who can withstand Tebowmania are both Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees.

The 'Maybes' are going to take a lot of flak despite high quality play; Roethlisberger, Rivers, Stafford (mainly because of his age), and Vick.

Then there are guys just on the fringe of the 'Maybes' who are more solid than great- Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub- or are simply too volatile to withstand the constant pressure- Jay Cutler, Tony Romo. All the rest can't compete.

So Five Definites, Four Maybes, and twenty-two others who are on the edge or simply will get swallowed up.

RaiderNation
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I think it's either Miami/Jacksonville or he stays in Denver, Tim could say he's willing to sit for 2/3 years and learn from Manning and still giving the Broncos a good back up.

Zycho32
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
If you have one of those great QBs, then you don't need to bring in Tebow and his gimmicks. Why do you think none of those teams ever really bothered with the wildcat?

Any play you take out of that QB's hands is a waste.

That's a fair argument as far as the gimmick goes, except for the idea of having a gimmick where both the starter and Tebow are on the field at the same time, but that's an argument for later.

Ideally, a team with an elite QB has a solid if not great coaching staff that worked with said QB and got him ready, and would have the best chance theoretically of turning Tebow into something competent or better from a conventional standpoint.

After which you'd then either trade him to a team once he is fundamentally ready, or- if the incumbent is old enough to actually retire after a few years- let him take a crack at the starting job.

mqtirishfan
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't be a troll. That's unbecoming of you.

The definites who can withstand Tebowmania are both Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees.

The 'Maybes' are going to take a lot of flak despite high quality play; Roethlisberger, Rivers, Stafford (mainly because of his age), and Vick.

Then there are guys just on the fringe of the 'Maybes' who are more solid than great- Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub- or are simply too volatile to withstand the constant pressure- Jay Cutler, Tony Romo. All the rest can't compete.

So Five Definites, Four Maybes, and twenty-two others who are on the edge or simply will get swallowed up.

A good organization would know to ignore the idiots and start the better player. The difference between what you'll get from most QBs and what you'll get from Tebow is pretty significant, so they would have to play the QB that gives them a better chance to win. Winning trumps gimmicks every single time.

Zycho32
03-19-2012, 01:50 PM
A good organization would know to ignore the idiots and start the better player. The difference between what you'll get from most QBs and what you'll get from Tebow is pretty significant, so they would have to play the QB that gives them a better chance to win. Winning trumps gimmicks every single time.

So how many franchises would you trust with your life to know the right decision?

Denver supposedly didn't, going with Tebow over the more technically-sound Orton (though that terrible record at the time sure didn't help). A good portion of the starting QBs at this point are considered stop-gap material or fledgling prospects or failing prospects, or soon to be the newest kids on the block in their neighborhoods.

And sure, they have better technical skill than Tebow, but the majority of them end up playing like caretakers and would need to play their absolute best while the rest of the teams hold up their end of the bargain. Once the losses start piling up, so does the pressure.

ChiFan24
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM

This.....I get that Tebowmania annoyed some people (I personally embraced its trollish hilarity, but w/e), but openly wishing bad things upon him is a little excessive.

That said, I think he WILL be released. It really doesn't make sense for Denver to keep him, and it doesn't make sense for anybody to give up anything for him. He IS pretty awful.....

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
This.....I get that Tebowmania annoyed some people (I personally embraced its trollish hilarity, but w/e), but openly wishing bad things upon him is a little excessive.

That said, I think he WILL be released. It really doesn't make sense for Denver to keep him, and it doesn't make sense for anybody to give up anything for him. He IS pretty awful.....

I have not done that. Show me where I wished ill upon him in any way. I've not wished injury or ailment upon him in any way and I never do for any player in non-joking fashion.

descendency
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
or someone like the Pats MAYBE offering a late 2nd for whatever reason

pity?

The patriots are not going to overpay for an athlete playing QB.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
i wouldnt even be suprised if tebow doesnt get signed until after the draft

YotoJets007
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
How about moving him to TE. Manning loves TE action.

Browns and Dolphins are plausible options for Tebow. What is up with Browns not going after Alex Smith?

jrdrylie
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
How about moving him to TE. Manning loves TE action.

Browns and Dolphins are plausible options for Tebow. What is up with Browns not going after Alex Smith?

This made me chuckle.

Jakey
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
BeerBaron when did you become so blunt and outspoken man? :(

You've turned into MetSox! lol

Vox Populi
03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
I could see the Bills doing it, but I'd only like it if they never put him in the game until he is actually 100% ready to play a mostly conventional QB role successfully or if Fitzpatrick was injured. I'd rather use Brad Smith for trick/gimmick plays just so Tebow can't create a QB controversy by stepping on the field if he doesn't significantly improve upon what he is as a passer right now.

OSUGiants17
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Patriots wanted him in the draft and now they will trade for him. They have a million picks and future picks and need a FB. Can't wait to see Gronk partying and getting drunk right in Tebow's ***** face and making Timmy cry, gonna be priceless!

CashmoneyDrew
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Can a mod please change the title of the thread to "Broncos to Trade Timothy Richard Tebow" please? Thanks in advance.

WCH
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Patriots wanted him in the draft and now they will trade for him. They have a million picks and future picks and need a FB. Can't wait to see Gronk partying and getting drunk right in Tebow's ***** face and making Timmy cry, gonna be priceless!

Nah, as much as that sounds, it won't happen. The Patriots already have three QBs, and Tebow isn't done playing QB in the NFL (or, you know, trying to). He would just whine to his fans in the media, like he did back when Denver made him third string:

"My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true," Tebow told me as we stood outside the Broncos' locker room.

"Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . . ." He paused and didn't finish the thought. Instead, he finished his quart of milk.
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18621060

mightytitan9
03-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I'd vote for the Patriots if offered.

Not only was McDaniels the guy who drafted him, but people forget the Patriots expressed an extreme amount of interest in Tebow coming out to the extent many people thought the Patriots would consider him in the 2nd round.

I'm not really sure what the Patriots would do with him, maybe do some type of runs they do with Hernandez and every once in a while let him throw?

I don't know. What would the Broncos get for him, eh I'd say maybe a 5th if they're lucky

LonghornsLegend
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I just think it's funny that some people still want to "develop" him as a QB. Lol.

BeerBaron
03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
it's because they haven't seen him try to play the position.

The muscle memory in his throwing motion alone would take years to undo. Not to mention his pocket..."existence," lack of accuracy, inability to read defenses...

WCH
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM
The muscle memory in his throwing motion alone would take years to undo. Not to mention his pocket..."existence," lack of accuracy, inability to read defenses...

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you're saying he lacks critical QB skills...

Caulibflower
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM

...And McDaniels is back in NE. Book it.

BradysKnee
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Tim Tebow has been crucified by Elway and Fox. Only to be traded and resurrect himself leading a team to the promised land. The parallels are daunting. lol.

Ness
03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l576/Shaxspear/maning.jpg

Timbathia
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Tim Tebow has been crucified by Elway and Fox. Only to be traded and resurrect himself leading a team to the promised land. The parallels are daunting. lol.

So this means he will be traded early wednesday morning (on the third day)?

ChiFan24
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
I have not done that. Show me where I wished ill upon him in any way. I've not wished injury or ailment upon him in any way and I never do for any player in non-joking fashion.
Laughing maniacally that he'll be released.....just seems like a little too much for me. I'm not saying it's wrong, like, morally or anything, I just don't see why a non-Broncos fan would take pleasure in that.

Caddy
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I voted for the Chiefs.

SuperPacker
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I voted Jets not knowing Jacksonville was in Florida. I change my vote...

Splat
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I voted for the Chiefs.

1. I hate you.

2. They would never trade him in the Div.

WCH
03-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I voted Jets not knowing Jacksonville was in Florida. I change my vote...

Did you guys know that Jacksonville is actually the largest city in Florida? I didn't know that, until I googled "Largest Cities in Florida" just now...

You learn something new every day.

Anyway...I voted for Jacksonville, because it makes no sense at all to hire the Packers OC as your HC if you're going to turn around and trade for Tebow.

descendency
03-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I'd vote for the Patriots if offered.

Not only was McDaniels the guy who drafted him, but people forget the Patriots expressed an extreme amount of interest in Tebow coming out to the extent many people thought the Patriots would consider him in the 2nd round.

I'm not really sure what the Patriots would do with him, maybe do some type of runs they do with Hernandez and every once in a while let him throw?

I don't know. What would the Broncos get for him, eh I'd say maybe a 5th if they're lucky

If I were Tom Brady, I'd have to be dead before I let anyone else take snaps in a meaningful game. The Patriots would have to trade a hall of fame QB (not that they haven't already (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/blesoe%20belichick.jpg)) to get a project with some "wildcat" (which is dead) potential.

senormysterioso
03-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Did you guys know that Jacksonville is actually the largest city in Florida? I didn't know that, until I googled "Largest Cities in Florida" just now...

You learn something new every day.

Anyway...I voted for Jacksonville, because it makes no sense at all to hire the Packers OC as your HC if you're going to turn around and trade for Tebow.

Geographically, jacksonville is the largest city in the continental United States.

Caddy
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
1. I hate you.

2. They would never trade him in the Div.

1. I love you

2. I think they'd love to trade him within the division. They know he sucks :evil_laugh:

Rosebud
03-19-2012, 07:18 PM
All you silly heathens are going to be so pissed when whatever team Tim Tebow ends up on goes to the playoffs, inspite of all of your pathetic logic Tebow will just keep winning.

dannyz
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
All you silly heathens are going to be so pissed when whatever team Tim Tebow ends up on goes to the playoffs, inspite of all of your pathetic logic Tebow will just keep winning.

He just Lost his Starting Job.:smug: This really needs to stop, I mean we have Peyton Manning who some believe to be the Biggest Free Agent in NFL History and he just decided on what team he wants to play for and all anyone is talking about is a Backup QB and where he will sit the bench at.

jsagan77
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l576/Shaxspear/maning.jpg

Pure gold...

Rosebud
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
He just Lost his Starting Job.:smug: This really needs to stop, I mean we have Peyton Manning who some believe to be the Biggest Free Agent in NFL History and he just decided on what team he wants to play for and all anyone is talking about is a Backup QB and where he will sit the bench at.

I'm cool with you Broncos fans, but the people that think Tebow won't stop defying reason at his next time shall be smitten for their heresy.

Complex
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Hopefully he gets traded to a team with a crappy QB. I like my Tebow sig and don't want to get rid of it.

Timbathia
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I say the Bills. Tebow owns the jets and dolphins.

RaiderNation
03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Bills would make sense, even more buzz for them after the Mario Williams signing. Fitzpatrick struggled at times last year and getting a guy like Tebow to compete with him could help that football team.

I still think the Jags will jump on this opportunity soon, Tebow is exactly the type of player that can bring up this organization(similar with Peyton and the Colts). They should offer whatever pick is need to get him, and pray either he or Gabbert turn into NFL QB

LonghornsLegend
03-19-2012, 10:28 PM
I think it's likely he gets released, which is gonna be pretty crazy, and make Skip Bayless' head implode as well.

Who would have guessed that would be the outcome after the Pittsburgh game.

Rosebud
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
The Bills make a lot of sense. They liked him when he was coming out and Gailey's exactly the type of creative mind that could actually take advantage of Tebow if his passing improves. Let him push Fitz while he works on his game and worst comes to worst you let him take over and Tebow you to the playoffs.

SilentJaguar
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
I still think the Jags will jump on this opportunity soon, Tebow is exactly the type of player that can bring up this organization(similar with Peyton and the Colts). They should offer whatever pick is need to get him, and pray either he or Gabbert turn into NFL QB
We aren't trading for Tebow.

D-Unit
03-20-2012, 12:28 AM
The best thing the Broncos can do is make Tebow a TE. Peyton would do the rest to make sure he's successful.

GaMeTiMe
03-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Not one mention of the Eagles. Serious need for a back-up QB who is almost guaranteed a handful of starts throughout the season and pretty much needs to be ready to come in and play at any moment, it's a perfect role for him. Vick is probably more likely than any other QB in the league to get hurt and if next year's injury is early and serious enough Tebow-mania may be reborn in Philadelphia and we will hear all about how he's arrived to cure the fans....

49erNation85
03-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Rumor is he is going to Jacksonville.

Unbiased
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Rumor is he is going to Jacksonville.

From where? I'm not seeing anything on Twitter.

49erNation85
03-20-2012, 12:55 AM
From where? I'm not seeing anything on Twitter.

Ha its just a speculation I have with a friend is all. It will come this week though.

BandwagonPunditry
03-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Ha its just a speculation I have with a friend is all. It will come this week though.

I now understand who 'sources close to Manning' is.

yo123
03-20-2012, 01:49 AM

That's not a rumor. Go away.

Monomach
03-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Why on earth have multiple people named the Pats as a landing spot?

No way in hell does he beat out Mallet or Hoyer.

They need a fullback or something?

Bucs_Rule
03-20-2012, 06:54 AM
I expect we'll see Tebow in a version of the wildcat. Fans who love Tebow will stop buying tickets if he's just on the bench.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
I expect we'll see Tebow in a version of the wildcat. Fans who love Tebow will stop buying tickets if he's just on the bench.

And this leads back to what I've been saying, about how he's simply not worth the fan headache to simply be a FB/TE/H-back on a team.

On a place like the Pats with a great QB already in place, it might be a little easier. But in a place like that, there's no reason to run the wildcat, which would be one of Tebow's greatest uses until he actually learns to play another position. Every pass you take out of the hands of a great QB like Brady is a wasted one for the offense.

I just don't think any reasonable football minds in the league will want to put up with the headache Tebow brings along. But some owner somewhere is going to see the $$$$ in Tebow and demand that he be brought in.

Bucs_Rule
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Yeah, in Jacksonville when Gabbert struggles and the team loses fans will be screaming for Tebow. They could start booing Gabbert. They might do that anyway.

Same problem in Miami.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Is anyone else scratching their head a bit about the talk of Tebow to Green Bay?

Ok, so they need a new backup QB. I got that. Tebow is a high character guy who could also be had pretty cheap...I got that too.

Where they lose me is when they talk about all the work they had to do to correct Rodgers release. Rodgers release was NEVER as bad as Tebow's. No one's has ever been as bad as Tebow's.

Saying that they corrected Rodgers' release and therefore could correct Tebow's is like saying "I built a tool shed therefore I can built the Taj-Mahal."

Good luck with that. Plus that offense is just so finely tuned that it would fall completely apart should Tebow have to play.

I mean hell, just look at what happened to it when Rodgers had a slightly off game in the playoffs. Now imagine a "Rodgers off game" times 1000 and you have Tebow playing QB.

Shane P. Hallam
Why on earth have multiple people named the Pats as a landing spot?

They were heavily interested in him the year he was eligible for the draft.

Caddy

You don't run gadget plays when you have Peyton!

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
They were heavily interested in him the year he was eligible for the draft.

Probably as a non-QB. I could see them doing if the price was low enough, but there's no way he beats out the other two backups on the roster, and I just don't see someone like Belichick using a roster spot on a 3rd TE/FB/h-back who won't play special teams.

Shane P. Hallam
03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Belichick has before, Garrett Mills for example is a player they tried in that mold. If the Pats somehow can find a suitor for the 2nd round tender on Brian Hoyer, wouldn't be a major surprise to see them pursue Tebow.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Belichick has before, Garrett Mills for example is a player they tried in that mold. If the Pats somehow can find a suitor for the 2nd round tender on Brian Hoyer, wouldn't be a major surprise to see them pursue Tebow.

Couple of things: One is that I'm pretty sure had he been healthy and made the active roster, Mills would have been playing some special teams. Blocking, gunning, doing something.

Secondly, he never did make the active roster. He went on IR, was released, claimed on waivers, bounced around, and then ended up on the Pats practice squad.

His situation is only similar to Tebow's in that they would both be projected to play that position on offense. Someone like Mills as a 3rd string TE/FB/h-back would also contribute on special teams and I doubt that Tebow would.

Although that would be pretty cool to see Tebow light up a return man.

SolidGold
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I wonder if Denver ends up picking a QB sometime in the 3/4 round range. I think Cousins would be a good fit as Manning's back up and potential replacement.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 08:11 AM
I wonder if Denver ends up picking a QB sometime in the 3/4 round range. I think Cousins would be a good fit as Manning's back up and potential replacement.

I'm sure they will. The only other guy on the roster I believe is Adam Weber.

WCH
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Is anyone else scratching their head a bit about the talk of Tebow to Green Bay?

Yes. I mean, I get the basic idea: coach him up for the duration of contract, hopefully he can fill in and win a few games, and then you get a compensatory pick when he leaves. Besides, trying to turn raw QBs into passable starters is McCarthy's hobby, and he's good at it.

Tebow wouldn't be okay with that, though. He has three years left on his contract and it would likely take every bit of those three years to coach him up, especially given that the system itself takes two years to learn. So, Tebow probably wouldn't get another crack at a starting gig until his sixth season in the NFL. Tebow wants to start, and why wouldn't he want that? He doesn't want to hold a clipboard until his sixth season. I'm not convinced that he would be above using his media connections to voice his frustrations, either.

Also, while it seems unthinkable that Tebowmania would come to Green Bay right now, what if Rodgers has type of season that Rivers just had? Packer fans tend to overestimate their backup QB, because we're spoiled and we forget how hard it is to find a quality starter. I remember when there was a vocal minority of Packer fans who wanted Craig Nall to start over Brett Favre.

In short, I think that it would be a bad fit for Green Bay and Tebow would be a disgruntled third stringer while he tried to learn one of the most complicated offenses in the league and completely rework his mechanics.

PackerLegend
03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Tebowzzzz to packers. Mark it down.

WCH
03-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Tebowzzzz to packers. Mark it down.

Can you imagine how much this board would erupt if AR had to leave the game and we saw Tebowzzz-to-Jordyzzz?

Draft Countdown would explode with zzzZZZZZzzzzZZzz'z.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Can you imagine how much this board would erupt if AR had to leave the game and we saw Tebowzzz-to-Jordyzzz?

Draft Countdown would explode with zzzZZZZZzzzzZZzz'z.

I would die a little on the inside. Luckily, there's more than a 50/50 chance that pass falls to the ground harmlessly and hilariously.

Jvig43
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I will no longer be a fan of football if the Pats trade more than some used toilet paper for Tebow. I would be more upset than losing to the Giants twice in the SB.

49erNation85
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Lamo he ain't going to Green Bay that's the truth IMO.It will be the east coast . He could easily win the starting Job over Gabbert in Jacksonville.

WCH
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
He apparently wants to go back to Florida, or at least to the south:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/tim-tebow-tells-friends-hes-not-surprised-hopes-to-play-in-florida/

Jacksonville is the only Florida team that makes sense. Tampa has Freeman, and Miami might as well just can Philbin right now if they're going to bring in Tebow and expect him to play within the next two years. I think that all of the other teams in the south have QBs already.

Of course, nobody cares what Tebow wants. He'll go wherever they trade him, unless nobody wants him and they release him.

TitleTown088
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I just don't think any reasonable football minds in the league will want to put up with the headache Tebow brings along.

I'll go out on a limb (well, not really) and say that's going to be proven wrong fairly quickly.

mqtirishfan
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll go out on a limb (well, not really) and say that's going to be proven wrong fairly quickly.

Until it's Gene Smith and the Jags who go after him...

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Until it's Gene Smith and the Jags who go after him...

Yeah, really. I keep saying it. Some owner seeing the dollar signs will force his football guys to go after Tebow. They'll all act happy on the outside, but they'll be dead inside.

Stephen Ross and Shad Khan seem most likely to pull it. Their franchises need all of the spark they can get.

But you won't find a team with a head coach and/or GM of any real clout bringing Tebow in as a potential starting QB. If it's the Pats or Packers, and they're doing it with the idea of using him at something other than QB or as a pure backup to develop, then so be it. They already have great QBs in place so Tebow won't be a threat.

But look at the Browns for instance. They could use a QB to compete with McCoy and the fan base would love having Tebow around, but Mike Holmgren would just scoff. He knows better than to invite that toxicity.

There's a reason Elway wanted to get rid of him. It's because anyone with football sense seeing past the dollar signs knows that he's not an NFL QB in any way, shape or form.

gpngc
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Jaguars, 49ers and Packers are "three teams to monitor" in trade talks for Tim Tebow.
It had already been widely assumed the Jaguars would be in the mix for Tebow, but San Francisco and Green Bay are decidedly less obvious landing spots. Tebow would make little sense as a change-of-pace backup in Green Bay's aggressive aerial attack, but would be an intriguing fit in San Francisco. Niners coach Jim Harbaugh loves versatile, hard-nosed players, and could presumably figure out natural ways to get Tebow involved in his offense. That is, assuming he's not the starter.

San Fran.

They struggled mightily in the red zone (special wildcatish packages with Tebow at QB) and Harbaugh doesn't give a **** about anything.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 11:59 AM
49ers....ughhhh...

Just turn Kaepernick loose. Please. He may fail spectacularly but I'm interested in seeing it.

WCH
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
But you won't find a team with a head coach and/or GM of any real clout bringing Tebow in as a potential starting QB. If it's the Pats or Packers, and they're doing it with the idea of using him at something other than QB or as a pure backup to develop, then so be it. They already have great QBs in place so Tebow won't be a threat.

Those two teams do make some sense, given that they have established starters and they're basically running QB Factories.

If it happens, I look forward to three years of Skip Bayless shouting "Free Tebow!" every time one of those All-World QBs throws an interception or quarterbacks a losing effort.

It sounds like the GB thing might be growing legs. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

A Perfect Score
03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Does anyone REALLY care where he goes other then the one guy around these parts who wants to suck his ****?

I'm just waiting for a pass rusher to catch him on that low release and tear every muscle and tendon in his rotator cuff.

WCH
03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Just saw this on another board...

Tom Silverstein:
Not sure this is a revelation, but source familiar with #Packers GM Ted Thompson believes he'd only offer a late-round pick for Tebow.

Color me shocked!

TitleTown088
03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Just saw this on another board...

Tom Silverstein:

Color me shocked!

Adam Schefter ‏
Scratch SF from teams that could trade for Tim Tebow, add Miami. Candidates currently include JAX, GB, MIA, maybe more. A trade will happen.

Shawn Zobel ‏
I've been told that the GB Packers have discussed a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow for a 7th RD pick. Tebow would need to sign new contract

Color me excited.

Seeing BeerBaron complain after Timmy scores a game winner for the Packers vs Da Bears would be worth it alone.

WCH
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't complain if they got him for a 6th or 7th round pick. He would have to really buy into a Steve Young role, though, if he's going to sign a new contract to go be a backup. His current deal balloons in '13 and '14, so maybe give him one less year in exchange for lowering his '13 base salary?

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Color me excited.

Seeing BeerBaron complain after Timmy scores a game winner for the Packers vs Da Bears would be worth it alone.

I could care less if he plunges in as a fullback. It's the people who legitimately believe he can one day be an NFL QB and/or actually has some kind of divine influence behind him that drive me insane.

TimD
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Schefter just tweeted that the Jets could be interested

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM

Move over Mark Sanchez, the Jets are trying to get worse at QB.

niel89
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
I actually like Tebow as a player. He isn't the best QB but its fun to watch him if he is struggling or if he is barely winning. I hope he goes to GB, drops his contract down, just sits & learns, and then tries to start again with another team in a few years.

Tebow was a guy that was said to need 2 years on the bench before trying him on the field, and then he starts in his 1st year and people say that he looks completely under prepared. He overachieved last season by actually winning anything, and shockingly a playoff game. I just hope he goes to the Packers so he can just sit and get a chance to develop actually.

Color me excited.

I can see it now. Rodgers goes down for a couple weeks and Tebow goes all Bubby Brister and keeps the season alive.

Scotty D
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Does anyone REALLY care where he goes other then the one guy around these parts who wants to suck his ****?

I'm just waiting for a pass rusher to catch him on that low release and tear every muscle and tendon in his rotator cuff.

http://i.imgur.com/FHNa2.gif

I'm getting sick of the Tebow hate around these parts.

I_C_DeadPeople
03-20-2012, 02:43 PM

And on PFT they added this classic line:

Tebow in a Jets uniform would also be fun to see because when Tebow and Antonio Cromartie are on opposite sides of the ball in practice, it would be the first instance in NFL history of the defensive player being the one who needs to wear the red jersey.

BradysKnee
03-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Move over Mark Sanchez, the Jets are trying to get worse at QB.

Whoa now cowboy.

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Whoa now cowboy.

I understand the joke attempt, but seriously. If you want the "just wins" argument, 2 AFC Championship appearances in 3 years ain't bad. Better than Tebow.

And regardless of how he is as a passer, he's still better than Tebow. Bar none. If Tebow could pass at least as well as Sanchez, he'd be a legit (and terrifying) QB option.

mightytitan9
03-20-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b8eca/article/five-teams-expressing-interest-with-tim-tebow-available?module=HP11_headline_stack

Not sure if that'd been shared or not.

I believe if a good team trades for Tebow and let's him sit a year, he could then be a solid fill in backup that can win you games.

BloodBrother
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I honestly think Tebow will be going to GB now lol

McCarthy and Thompson both had good things to say about Tebow back during the 2010 draft, and I think McCarthy looks at Tebow as a great challenge to try and develop him in his QB school and improve his game

jrdrylie
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Jaguar fans are funny. I am saying they should definitely go after him. When I say this, they ask me if I want him to come to Chicago. My response is no because I am confident in Cutler. Their response? Well we are confident in Gabbert and Henne. Are my fellow Jaguar fans really that naive?

DoughBoy
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
mmmm.... if we could just take Tebow's legs, Henne's arm, Gabbert's body, and then if we combine them....

we would have a skinny(er) Jamarcus Russell.

D-Unit
03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Denver should keep him and make him move to TE/HB.

Brent
03-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Jaguar fans are funny. I am saying they should definitely go after him. When I say this, they ask me if I want him to come to Chicago. My response is no because I am confident in Cutler. Their response? Well we are confident in Gabbert and Henne. Are my fellow Jaguar fans really that naive?
The last thing that Gabbert's development needs is a bunch of rednecks yelling for their boy, Tebow, to play the moment that he throws an INT.

WCH
03-20-2012, 06:24 PM
mmmm.... if we could just take Tebow's legs, Henne's arm, Gabbert's body, and then if we combine them....

we would have a skinny(er) Jamarcus Russell.

Who's brain are we taking for Frankenstein's QB? Colt McCoy? Greg McElroy?

No fair picking a QB who doesn't suck.

Brothgar
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Kellen Moore

DoughBoy
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM

I was thinking we could combine Gabbert's right lobe with Tebow's left lobe and possibly make something positive out of it.

Brothgar
03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/16/2012/03/20/108463_600.jpg

Rosebud
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM

I do. Tebow trolled the NFL so hard last year that I desperately him to start, the man made me question my faith and I would love to see more of that no matter how unlikely I know it to be. That said I was one of the few that thought he'd actually have some success in the NFL when he was coming out and thought he actually showed progress when he played two years ago...and just to balance this post out a little...
zMK9FKMG3Nc

jrdrylie
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
The last thing that Gabbert's development needs is a bunch of rednecks yelling for their boy, Tebow, to play the moment that he throws an INT.

The last thing Gabbert's development needs is Blaine Gabbert.

Unbiased
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
There we go, Shad. Go ahead and be the next Jerry Jones. Know your boundaries, newbie.

What a joke this would be.

Splat
03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
zMK9FKMG3Nc

This is awesome. :banana:

BeerBaron
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/report-jaguars-have-serious-interest-in-tebow/

An ownership-driven decision to force Tebow onto the roster also could drive a wedge between Smith and Khan. Already, we’ve caught wind of rumors that the two men aren’t clicking the way they should — and there’s talk in league circles that Smith may not be around after the draft concludes.

Been saying it all the long. Outside of teams who already have great QBs (Pats, Packers) no football mind wants anything to do with the Tebow mess. But some owner is going to overrule the GM and go for Tebow.

And that just might be Jacksonville. Paint me surprised.

Unbiased
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/report-jaguars-have-serious-interest-in-tebow/

Been saying it all the long. Outside of teams who already have great QBs (Pats, Packers) no football mind wants anything to do with the Tebow mess. But some owner is going to overrule the GM and go for Tebow.

And that just might be Jacksonville. Paint me surprised.

It's a terrible sign, but it makes sense. Gene is old school. Shad is all about bells and whistles.

RaiderNation
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Can Jacksonville afford to have Tebow and Gabbert both on the roster?

Unbiased
03-20-2012, 09:46 PM

Well Gene Smith is a 2 QB guy, so with Gabbert and Henne, there would be no room at QB, but apparently Shad Khan will override him so he can appeal to the mullett-sporting, jorts-wearing, confederate flag-waving, monster truck rally-attending, Skynyrd-listening scum of the Earth.

Unbiased
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Sounds like the Jets want him more. I guess they need to give Sanchez a new boyfriend since they cut McKnight.

fenikz
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Wheres the no one will trade for him option?

Mufasa
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Wheres the no one will trade for him option?

Someone will throw out at least a 7th for him.

49erNation85
03-20-2012, 11:14 PM

hes worth at least a 4th round pick..

niel89
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
hes worth at least a 4th round pick..

In the USFL...

TheBoyWonder22
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
I was listening to local sports radio and the host suggested the Browns trade their second 1st for Gabbert, and how anything is better than Tannehill. I flipped a ****, but I couldn't get on the air. I guess not everyone has seen firsthand how bad he is yet. The worst passing QB and the worst all-around QB on the same team will be sweet. I posted that though so you could all imagine Gabbert against the AFC North...perfection!

Burger
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
I want Tebow to be our back up Qb. He will develop correctly with us.

gpngc
03-20-2012, 11:38 PM
What the hell is going on here? First I check and don't see a DeMeco Ryans thread (when that trade could end up being HUGE for Philly), and now I come in here and only one mention of the Tebow-to-Jets buzz? New York is going crazy with it right now...

jrdrylie
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM

Financially? Absolutely. Gabbert really doesn't make that much. And the Jags started free agency with 41 million they did spend a chunk of that, but I'm guessing they still have at least 10-15 million left.

Unbiased
03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah Gabbert is making under a million this year.

49erNation85
03-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Lamo Tebow in NY I bet he could beat out Sanchize lol .

BandwagonPunditry
03-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Lamo Tebow in NY I bet he could beat out Sanchize lol .

Calling him a lamo isn't very nice.

Caulibflower
03-21-2012, 03:45 AM
It's a terrible sign, but it makes sense. Gene is old school. Shad is all about bells and whistles.

Wonder if Smith would then end up on a good team, his resume bearing the distinction of being fired by a terrible owner he wouldn't take **** from because he wanted to win?

Caulibflower
03-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Well Gene Smith is a 2 QB guy, so with Gabbert and Henne, there would be no room at QB, but apparently Shad Khan will override him so he can appeal to the mullett-sporting, jorts-wearing, confederate flag-waving, monster truck rally-attending, Skynyrd-listening scum of the Earth.

The Unbiased take.

Caulibflower
03-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Just realized I quoted the same person twice without realizing it. Why don't you have a picture to the side?! I'm going to bed.

WCH
03-21-2012, 06:33 AM

That's reportedly where GB started the trade talks. My sources* tell me that they originally offered a three-months supply of Milwaukee's Best, but Denver turned it down for PR reasons (Coors, and whatnot).

Apparently, it's a four team race:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/four-teams-in-the-mix-for-tebow/

The Jets want him in a Brad Smith type role.
The Jags want him to be the highest paid ticket salesman in the world.
The Packers want him because McCarthy is bored, or something, and needs a project.
And there's one mystery team. I'm guessing Chicago, just to make BeerBaron happy.

*I don't have any sources

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 07:11 AM
The Packers want him because McCarthy is bored, or something, and needs a project.

Well, those three are logical...or about as logical something like this can really be.

The Jets don't know what they're getting into though if they think they can bring Tebow in JUST as a non-QB offensive weapon. The fans and media like to rip the **** out of Mark Sanchez as it is. Every incomplete pass (or worse) that he throws will be followed by boos and scathing media reports...the Jets will be forced to put Tebow in at QB just like the Broncos were. That's a disaster waiting to happen, especially with the extension they just gave Sanchez.

descendency
03-21-2012, 07:14 AM

Khan won't care where it comes from as money is money and it all spends equally. (also, I'd like to point out: those people spend lots of money on sports... NASCAR basically survives on them)

All he'll care is that he can remove the tarps for a season or maybe more if the Tebow-miracles continue.

WCH
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
The Jets seem to go out of their way to create drama. I don't think that their decision makers are capable of thinking two steps ahead, and figuring out that if they do x, y will result. Or maybe they just thrive on drama.

SolidGold
03-21-2012, 07:20 AM
That's reportedly where GB started the trade talks. My sources* tell me that they originally offered a three-months supply of Milwaukee's Best, but Denver turned it down for PR reasons (Coors, and whatnot).

Apparently, it's a four team race:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/four-teams-in-the-mix-for-tebow/

And there's one mystery team. I'm guessing Chicago, just to make BeerBaron happy.

*I don't have any sources

I think the mystery team is Buffalo. That would be the best case scenario for Tebow - I have been saying this all along. Small market team, won't be a huge media circus, Buffalo already created a big buzz by winning the Mario Williams sweepstakes, they have some stability already at the QB position, Tebow would probably help excite the fan base more, Gailey was high on him in 2010 and can use him in a variety of ways to go along with seeing if he can develop him as a QB. They have 2 fourth round picks (one from the Lee Evans trade).

SolidGold
03-21-2012, 07:21 AM
The Jets seem to go out of their way to create drama. I don't think that their decision makers are capable of thinking two steps ahead, and figuring out that if they do x, y will result. Or maybe they just thrive on drama.

I agree. Rex Ryan's shtick was entertaining for a little while but it has gotten old fast. That organization needs stability.

Taber21
03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Does anyone think the mystery team could be Philly? They turned Vick into a much better QB spending a year as the #3, maybe they think they can do it with Tebow? Not sure if this idea has been discussed/dismissed yet but it seems like they could be a logical landing spot if there is still an unamed team.

SolidGold
03-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Philly is a logical choice but I think with all the dream team hype from last year they want to have a more low key offseason. I do agree with your assessment though.

WCH
03-21-2012, 07:30 AM
You probably won't find a better QB coach than Andy Reid, and I think that the elite QB coaches are intrigued by Tebow's skillset, because they think that they can coach him up.

PFT thinks it's Miami, primarily because Tebow is from Florida. I'm not sure that I buy Miami as a Tebow destination. The football people in Miami don't want him and Tebow (right now) doesn't fit the offense that their brand new coach is installing. He'd be a two-three year project in a town that wouldn't give him two-three years to develop. Even their owner must see that this would be a trainwreck.

Unless your franchise is FUBAR'd and set to move to LA, bringing Tebow in just to make some quick coin doesn't make sense. Nothing sells tickets and jerseys like fielding a winning team.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 07:35 AM
You probably won't find a better QB coach than Andy Reid, and I think that the elite QB coaches are intrigued by Tebow's skillset, because they think that they can coach him up.

PFT thinks it's Miami, primarily because Tebow is from Florida. I'm not sure that I buy Miami as a Tebow destination. The football people in Miami are don't want him and it Tebow (right now) doesn't fit the offense that their brand new coach is installing. He'd be a two-three year project in a town that wouldn't give him two-three years to develop.

No one outside of a team with an established elite QB (Packers, Pats) could realistically sign Tebow and not be pressured into using him as a QB within a year.

If he goes to the Jets, I have full confidence that he would be starting at QB for the Jets by the end of the year. Same for the Jaguars or Dolphins.

Hell even Andy Reid may want to avoid him for that reason. If he were guaranteed 2 years to sit and develop Tebow, he might do it, but Vick is prone to bouts of inconsistency and rarely even plays all 16 games. The demand for Tebow should Vick have a couple of bad games or get hurt might be more than Reid wants to deal with.

I truly believe that the better football minds of the league will pass on Tebow regardless of what they think they could do with his tools. They just don't want the fandumb Tebowmania crap following him into town. The questions they'd have to take every single week from the media..."when are you going to play Tebow? How are you going to use Tebow? QB X really struggled this week, any thoughts on replacing him with Tebow?" Plus fan billboards and people flooding the stands with Tebow jerseys...and the religious aspect of things to boot.

It's just too much to deal with for an EXTREMELY developmental QB and/or FB/TE type.

SolidGold
03-21-2012, 07:36 AM

PFT thinks it's Miami, primarily because Tebow is from Florida. I'm not sure that I buy Miami as a Tebow destination. The football people in Miami are don't want him and Tebow (right now) doesn't fit the offense that their brand new coach is installing. He'd be a two-three year project in a town that wouldn't give him two-three years to develop. Even their owner must see that this would be a trainwreck.

I don't think he will end up in Miami. I think Ross will give Philbin some say in the matter. Jacksonville on the other hand - Khan seems to want to want him for the obvious reason of selling tickets.

I do agree about Reid...

Reid, McCarthy, McDaniels/Bellicheck and Gailey would be the coaches that would want to see if they could develop Tebow.

WCH
03-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Hell even Andy Reid may want to avoid him for that reason. If he were guaranteed 2 years to sit and develop Tebow, he might do it, but Vick is prone to bouts of inconsistency and rarely even plays all 16 games. The demand for Tebow should Vick have a couple of bad games or get hurt might be more than Reid wants to deal with.

Like I said yesterday, I don't even think that GB would be completely immune. Rodgers is probably not going to have another season like last season, and if he has the kind of season that Rivers just had (which wasn't even bad) I could see a vocal minority calling for Tebow to get a chance. It could take the form of "Rodgers must be injured if he's playing like this...SHOULD TEBOW START???"

FWIW, I was on a Packer board last night and the die-hard fans, who (like us) follow offseason transactions, don't want him unless he has some pass-rush moves and can play OLB.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Like I said yesterday, I don't even think that GB would be completely immune. Rodgers is probably not going to have another season like last season, and if he has the kind of season that Rivers just had (which wasn't even bad) I could see a vocal minority calling for Tebow to get a chance. It could take the form of "Rodgers must be injured if he's playing like this...SHOULD TEBOW START???"

FWIW, I was on a Packer board last night and the die-hard fans, who (like us) follow offseason transactions, don't want him unless he has some pass-rush moves and can play OLB.

Also, imagine if Rodgers bumped his noggin again and had to sit out a game. Then Tebow comes in an wins it in typical Tebow fashion. (Looking like crap, having the run game and defense hold the team in there, then have him make a few plays at the end to win like 16-13) ((That's assuming the Packers have a run game and defense capable of that....))

You can forget about putting him back on the bench without pissing off the majority of your fanbase. For someone like Rodgers or Brady, Tebow WOULD be going back to the bench, but there would tremendous uproar still.

It's just not worth the headache to the football minds in an organization. Ownership though man...you can't argue with the guy signing the checks.

jrdrylie
03-21-2012, 08:20 AM
I can't see why the Jets would go after him. Tim Tebow's only redeeming quality right now is that he somehow wins games. Well that is exactly what Mark Sanchez does. In three years, he has four playoff wins and 2 AFC Championship Game appearances. And he does it with better stats. Sanchez gets a lot of flack from fans and he isn't as good as you would hope the 5th overall pick would be. But Tebow is not an upgrade over him.

Complex
03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
ESPN 540 Milwaukee confirms the Packers' interest in a Tim Tebow trade is "legitimate."
Coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson spoke glowingly of Tebow prior to the 2010 draft, and the team's interest is reportedly "piqued" by the unique quarterback. Beat writer Jason Wilde concedes that Thompson's more deliberate style could leave the Packers in the dust while the Jets and Jaguars pursue Tebow more aggressively.

The great Ted Thompson likes Tebow.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
The great Ted Thompson likes Tebow.

Cheeseheads are already a uniquely devoted and fanatic fanbase....mix Tebowmania into that and Thompson might not like Tebow any longer.

As hard as it is to believe, the media and fans are all over Tebow's nutsack so if Rodgers struggles even a tiny bit, or gets hurt even briefly, there will be Tebow clamors.

As a Bears fan, I would of course approve.

gpngc
03-21-2012, 10:36 AM
The Packers would not feel any pressure whatsoever to start Tebow over Rodgers in any situation. That's ridiculous. A very, very, tiny percentage of Tebow fans might get some attention on the internet, but there would be no legitimate pressure and it would not affect the Packers in any negative way.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
The Packers would not feel any pressure whatsoever to start Tebow over Rodgers in any situation. That's ridiculous. A very, very, tiny percentage of Tebow fans might get some attention on the internet, but there would be no legitimate pressure and it would not affect the Packers in any negative way.

If Tebow is on the roster, there will be pressure to do something with him. Thompson and McCarthy can resist all they want, but they will be asked every week about their plans for Tebow...will he get certain packages? Is he going to be moved to another position? Is he the true backup QB?

And god forbid Rodgers misses a little time. If Tebow sees the field and finds ANY success at all, Tebowmania will be back in full effect.

You grossly underestimate the moronic retardation of the average fans. There are people out there who truly believe that Tebow has some kind of actual divine connection and those people are as ******* vocal as they are insane.

gpngc
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
That's just noise. It doesn't mean anything to a stable organization.

The Packers jettisoned folk hero Brett Favre in a football decision. They'll have no problem keeping Tebow on the bench.

The Broncos fans who came out and demanded Tebow did so because their team was LOSING and the other QBs were playing horribly. Hell, when they started off strong with Orton in Tebow's rookie year, very few were calling for Tebow.

I just think you're exaggerating. Sure, a small group of people will always call for him, and sure, the media will bring him up and show most of his plays if he's a sub, but his exposure will gradually fade if he joins an organization like GB and doesn't play much.

Tebowmania was not some gimmick - it truly was an exciting spectacle and something that deserved attention because it was so special. The media exacerbated it, but did not create it. He and the Broncos did. The media can't create that again if he doesn't do something amazing. The fact that you're exploring that possibility shows that maybe you think he has the ability to lol....

The noise will always be there. But it's just noise. If GB trades for Tebow to be a backup QB, some idiots will go crazy, a few people will for some reason listen to them (maybe the media, maybe you) and the Packers will ignore them. It's just noise. Just like Jets fans calling for Mark Brunell, or Giants fans calling for Coughlin's head all the time. Fans can scream about whatever the **** they want but it's very difficult for their opinions to bleed onto the field or into the lockerroom, especially with a well-run organization like the Packers.

CJSchneider
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
If Tebow goes to GB, will Packer fans be referred to as "Cheesus heads"?

http://liquidflare.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cheesus1-2.jpg

You know someone will try to capitalize on that.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
The Packers are well run right now, sure. But things in the NFL can change very, very quickly. They had a league worst defense last year and haven't done anything to really improve it thus far. And if anything should happen to Rodgers that keeps him out for more than a game or two, they'd struggle to stay afloat, much the Peyton Manning-less Colts. Their run game and defense exist only as compliments to Rodgers throwing it all over the field successfully.

They're entrenched in greatness so long as they have Rodgers starting and healthy. It's unlikely he produces another season quite like the last one, considering no one had ever even done that before.

If you take on Tebow, you're taking on the risk that you lose control of the franchise barring ideal circumstances. Elway saw this happen once already. He threw Tebow out there to shut up the fans and media and it backfired in the strangest way possible. He had enough football sense to know that Tebowmania was not something that could last long term and did what he had to do in order to move on from it without serious fan/media repercussions.

gpngc
03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Again, the Broncos had NOTHING going for them. That's why they resorted to playing Tebow.

If the fans screaming for him really had an impact, Tebow would have started the season over Orton.

Aaron Rodgers would have to lose a leg or something in order for the team to be in any way impacted by cries for Tebow over him, come on now.

On another note, I don't understand how throwing Tebow out there backfired for Denver. Since he was thrown out there they won a bunch of games, made the playoffs, treated their fans to an amazing homefield playoff win, and acquired Peyton ******* Manning.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Acquiring Peyton Manning was easily the best thing in there. Easily. Don't forget the Broncos lost their last 3 regular season games, beat a Steelers team ravaged by injury in overtime and then got curb stomped by the Patriots.

It's better to make the playoffs than not make the playoffs but the team wasn't exactly a Superbowl contender in any way. With Peyton Manning, assuming he's healthy, they are a potential Superbowl contender.

Da-Phins
03-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Tebow time in New York

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer Reply Retweet Favorite X Hide Open
Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow

Unbiased
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Great news.

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Ha, this will be funny to watch. Pats, Bills and Phins fans should be enjoying this...it pretty much ensures that dysfunction will hamstring the Jets for the foreseeable future.

Giantsfan1080
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Geez I have to deal with this now. Good lord.

703SKINS202
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Tebow in NY. Wow, this is going to be awesome. I hope he takes the starting job from Sanchez somehow.

WMD
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
This should be fun...

BeerBaron
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Geez I have to deal with this now. Good lord.

At least he's on the other NY team. And you get to laugh at the stupid Jets fans who think this will help in some way.

dolphinfan2k5
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't see how this hurts the Jets. Sparano will use him in goal line situations, where he is actually highly effective.

Sloopy
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Sweet, I live in CT. Should be fun to see all the Jets fans come out of their holes to troll