PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Mafia: It's Game Time (Town Wins!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

DeepThreat
03-25-2012, 12:15 AM
A once-elegant house is nothing but ruins. The devastation is everywhere. What caused this tragedy? A gas leak? A simple wrecking ball? A bomb? No, something much more sinister, and something much more evil. The Dark Mark looms in the sky above the wasteland. This was done by Death Eaters, perhaps even Lord Voldemort himself. And inside the “house” lies comahan, his expression blank, his face white. The tell-tale sign of Avada Kedavra spell. The wizarding war wages on, and no one is safe. If the powerful, knowledgeable commie could be killed, then who is safe?

WINNERS/FINAL ACTION

Spurred on by the word of several high profile villagers—after evidence put forth that he could not die until his followers die first, and now word that all of those followers are indeed dead—the townspeople finally decide that now is the appropriate time to send ATL to the dementors.

But he isnt coming quietly.

When the villagers gather round ATL to seize him, their eyes go wide at what occurs. Rising high up above the ground, he flew across the village like smoke on the wind, without broomstick or thestral to hold him. He removed his hood to reveal a snakelike face, gleaming out of the blackness. His white fingers raised his wand.

Several of the townspeople below are blasted backward, flailing and writhing through the air as Voldemort's fury at the fall of his best lieutenant from this morning exploded with the force of a bomb. He then raised his wand again, and directed it at the heart of the nearest villager.

"PROTEGO!" roard a voice, causing a shield charm to expand around the villager, causing ATL to stare around for the source of the spell.

Renji stepped forward. ATL slowly fell back to the ground in front of him, and and the two stared at one another for a moment before they began to circle each other.

"No one try to help," Renji says loudly, and in the total silence that had fallen, his voice carried like a trumpet call.

"You dont mean that," ATL called, his red eyes wide, "That isnt how you work, is it? Who are you going to use as a shield this time, Potter?"

"Nobody," said Renji simply, "There are no more Death Eaters. It's just you and me."

"On the contrary Potter!" jeered ATL, an amused expression on his face, "One of my most faithful, remains, hidden amongst your number, always trusted completely by that protector of mudbloods and muggles Dumbledore. And until you discover the identity of that person, you cannot touch me. You cannot kill me. However... I can certainly kill you."

"I daresay you're mistaken," a calm voice calls from the crowd of villagers. Brodeur steps forward, his eyes sparkling behind his half moon spectacles. "Your time is up, Tom. The person you believe to remain on your side was never truly there to begin with."

"You lie," ATL calls, though his expression shifts dramatically. He can tell that Brodeur is telling the truth."

"Severus," Brodeur says, "If you would please."

draftguru151 emerges from the back of the pack of villagers, taking his place at Brodeur's side as ATL stares at him in disbelief.

"Perhaps your hold on the wizarding world isnt as strong as you once believed," DG says, "Perhaps your claim to being the worlds greatest legillimens was erroneous, driven by the arrogance that someone could not control a mind like you could. And yet here I stand, having looked you in the eye every single day for the past ten nights, never blinking at your gaze, and lying to you the entire time. You aren't as... special... as you think you are. And Potter is about to prove it."

DG turns to Renji, his familiar sneer still there, but gives him a curt nod. Renji looks between DG and Brodeur, and just sees Brodeur smile back at him. Finally, Renji turns back to ATL, and holds out his wand.

"None of this matters!" ATL says, though there is doubt creeping into his voice now, "The fact remains that I am more powerful than you, Potter! You cannot dream of defeating me here today!"

"I think you're wrong," Renji says.

ATL stared back, his eyes red, looking like a snake that was about to strike. But he didnt. They were still moving sideways, both of them in that perfect circle, maintaining the same distance from each other. The watching crowd was frozen, as if petrified, with none of them seeming to breath as they looked on.

"Wrong?" ATL asks, "You think that, in any situation, you can match up to me? The boy who as survived by accident? And because Dumbledore was pulling the strings? You think yourself more powerful than I? Than Lord Voldemort? Who has performed magic that Dumbledore himself never dreamed of?"

"I think so," Renji says, "And I think that Dumbledore is right. Your time is up, Riddle."

Prove it!" ATL says, before shrieking out the name of the curse that had killed dozens, hundreds. "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Renji countered it with a spell of his own.

The bang when the two spells connected was like a cannon blast, and golden flames erupted between them, at the dead center of the circle they had been treading. The red light from Renji's wand met the green of ATL's, and for a long moment, neither gave an inch.

But then, slowly, ever so slowly, the red began to overpower the green, much to ATL's surprise and horror. Finally, the red light overtook the green completely, and ATL's wand fell to the ground just before ATL himself followed. The slitted pupils of his scarlet eyes rolled upward. The Dark Lord crashed to the floor with a mundane finality, his body feeble and shrunken, his white hands empty, his snakelike face vacant and unknowing. ATL was dead.

ATLDirtyBirds [Lord Voldemort] (Godfather) has been killed.

TOWN (And IBC) WINS!

ALIVE:
Woot
IBC
Caddy
SuperMcGee
Dr. Gonzo
Brodeur
DG
Rufus
Renji

Deceased:
A Perfect Score [Nymphadora Tonks] (Investigator) was killed - Night 1
CJSchneider [Hedwig] (Night Time Messenger) was killed - Night 1
Snicho [George Weasley] (Townie) was petrified - Night 1
Fenikz [Nagini] (Hitman) was lynched - Day 2
Bulldogs [Neville Longbottom] (Gifter) was killed - Night 2
Scottyboy [Kingsley Shacklebolt] (Investigator) was killed - Night 2
Diab (Ninja) was killed - Night 2
[B]SuperPacker [Antonin Dolohov] (Goon) was lynched - Day 3
OSUGiants [Gilderoy Lockhart] (Incompetent Investigator) was killed - Night 3
Razor [Fred Weasley] (Townie) was killed - Night 3
Rob S [Peter Pettigrew] (Traitor) was lynched - Day 4
TACKLE [Mad Eye Moody] (Investigator) was killed - Night 4
D-Unit [Lucius Malfoy] (Role Blocker) was killed - Night 4
Matthew Jones [Ginny Weasley] (Possessed Townie) was killed - Night 4
Shane P. Hallam [Arthur Weasley] (Townie) was lynched - Day 5
Todd Bertuzzi [Draco Malfoy] (Survivor / Recruit) was killed - Night 5
bored of education [Horace Slughorn] (Commuter) was lynched - Day 6
Caddy [Minerva McGonagall] (Protector) was killed - Night 6
Mr Goosemahn [Ron Weasley] (Protector) was killed - Night 6
vidae [Fenrir Greyback] (Psychopath) was lynched - Day 7
jvig [Molly Weasley] (Protector) was killed - Night 7
jdrylie [Amycus Carrrow] (Goon) was killed - Night 7
broth [Percy Weasley] (Townie) was lynched - Day 8
ccB [Cornelius Fudge] (Silencer) was killed - Night 8
UKfan [Luna Lovegood] (Townie) was killed - Night 8
TheBoyWonder22 [Dobby] (Triggered Bodyguard) was killed - Night 8
Grizzlegom [Yaxley] (Goon) was lynched - Day 9
CashMoneyDrew [Sirius Black] (Vigilante) was killed - Night 9
raiderz4life [Bellatrix Lestrange] (Role Blocker) was killed - Night 9
ATLDirtyBirds [Lord Voldemort] (Godfather) was lynched - Day 10

-- Do NOT PM each other. Automatic mod kill if caught doing so. Please report if someone does PM you.

-- All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before changing your vote. Don't use bold if it's not to lynch or unlynch.

-- Set your profile to invisible mode.

-- No character names are explicitly stated, but if you are able to figure yours out, please do not reveal. Feel free to reveal roles, just not character names.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Lets do this ish

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Hooray! Everyone put on your invisibility cloaks stat!

fenikz
03-25-2012, 12:18 AM
i am not evil and i have no powers, let me live!

Brodeur
03-25-2012, 12:19 AM
APS is evil, probably.

Rob S
Wow, this is a huge game.....AWESOME! I'm going to bed so I can wake up for the Newcastle game tomorrow morning, but lets exercise some caution here and not pull another Jvig.

EDIT: I am not evil, I am good.

Jvig43
Lynch: APS

lol but seriously I am not evil and I am not neutral either. Since not explicitly saying so cost me my life last game I will not be making the mistake of not posting this.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
It will be interesting to see if anybody was given info to start. For the record I am not evil, I am good.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Can I get a protect tonight? Pretty sure I'll be a targeted guy tonight just based on past games. If protectors don't trust me, any watcher out there should consider spying on me.

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Why would anyone protect you right now? Just play the game Aussie.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-25-2012, 12:22 AM
RIP comahan...he was a good wizard.

PS I am not evil/bad.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Can I get a protect tonight? Pretty sure I'll be a targeted guy tonight just based on past games. If protectors don't trust me, any watcher out there should consider spying on me.

Hey now, I am way more of a target at night than you! Protect me please, I would like to stay alive so I can help out.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Why would anyone protect you right now? Just play the game Aussie.

That is exactly what I'm doing sir.

I doubt there is a lie detector as that role is now stupid. But just in case, I'm not evil or bad or in any way in opposition of the town.

Brodeur
03-25-2012, 12:24 AM
I'll say I'm not evil in this thing, or neutral for that matter.

Mr. Goosemahn
03-25-2012, 12:25 AM
I too am not evil.

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:25 AM
That is exactly what I'm doing sir.

I doubt there is a lie detector as that role is now stupid. But just in case, I'm not evil or bad or in any way in opposition of the town.
I'm just saying, right now no one has made themselves a target, and I doubt that anyone is after you just 'cause. You'll be fine. I'm just saying let it play out.

TACKLE
03-25-2012, 12:27 AM
i am not evil nor am i neutral.[/british accent]

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm just saying, right now no one has made themselves a target, and I doubt that anyone is after you just 'cause. You'll be fine. I'm just saying let it play out.

Umm no. People are definitely targeted on the first night based on a) who they are as a poster, and b) how well they've played in previous games.

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:33 AM
But for all we know, you could be the most evil of us all. I think first day action should be considered. I'd agree that what you say is true, but before people choose who to protect, let's worry about the here and now.

vidae
03-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Umm no. People are definitely targeted on the first night based on a) who they are as a poster, and b) how well they've played in previous games.

He is right. Some people are constantly targeted.

So okay, we have no info, right? What does everyone want to do?

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
I have to LOL is anyone actually going to say they are Evil. I'm not evil BTW. but come on now.

Brodeur
03-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Broth, you seem suspicious. I don't care for suspicious....so I say we lynch APS. (Actually, we all know that lynching on the first night is always kinda dumb, so...)

Lynch: Nobody

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
He is right. Some people are constantly targeted.

So okay, we have no info, right? What does everyone want to do?
Now I'm not saying no lynch, but we should certainly wait for info, especially considering the integration of lynchers in the most recent games.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
But for all we know, you could be the most evil of us all. I think first day action should be considered. I'd agree that what you say is true, but before people choose who to protect, let's worry about the here and now.

I'm not sure why you are making such a big deal out of me asking for protection, I feel it is a more than reasonable proposition to make. I don't know what to make of your comments.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 12:39 AM
With Brody on this one. Vote: No lynch

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure why you are making such a big deal out of me asking for protection, I feel it is a more than reasonable proposition to make. I don't know what to make of your comments.
I'm not making a big deal, I just don't think anyone should commit to it just yet. Make whatever you want of them, but I see why people want protection. The fact that you're asking for it based on nothing is weird to me. I don't want to argue, it's just normally people like to remain appearing as townies, so you making yourself seem important this early on doesn't strike me as a good idea if you're a good guy, especially if you actually need protection.

vidae
03-25-2012, 12:48 AM
I guess I can go with a no lynch for now while we find out some more infos.

vote : no-lynch

diabsoule
03-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Until we have more information on anybody the best thing to do is to not lynch.

Vote: No lynch

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm not making a big deal, I just don't think anyone should commit to it just yet. Make whatever you want of them, but I see why people want protection. The fact that you're asking for it based on nothing is weird to me. I don't want to argue, it's just normally people like to remain appearing as townies, so you making yourself seem important this early on doesn't strike me as a good idea if you're a good guy, especially if you actually need protection.

I guess it is up to any protectors out there to consider that information. I also think my knowledge of the HP universe, how these games are created and the fact that I started planning one of these with Commie a while back might give me a slight edge in figuring people out after a few days.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Also people, the sooner we learn not to depend on information, the better. It is not an effective way to figure out who is good/bad. Just take a look at the Firefly game. We used deduction and analysing behaviour patterns to knock people out and we did a great job.

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 12:59 AM
I guess it is up to any protectors out there to consider that information. I also think my knowledge of the HP universe, how these games are created and the fact that I started planning one of these with Commie a while back might give me a slight edge in figuring people out after a few days.
Yeah but do you really think that info makes you a target to the mafia? We have a bunch of guys that fill that criteria at least somewhat. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt for now and just call it survival tactics. I don't have any of the experience you do, but I bet you think at the moment I'm the most threatening person to you in the game. I think it's healthy to talk, even the way we are now because ignorance of perception is our enemy. I'm gonna wait and listen for now, you guys can do as you wish.

Bulldogs
I don't mind a couple people no lynching now because we need a whopping 20 votes to actually move on, but I don't want to be onto the next day without at least some discussion.

Btw, I am not evil or neutral.

Caddy
Yeah but do you really think that info makes you a target to the mafia? We have a bunch of guys that fill that criteria at least somewhat. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt for now and just call it survival tactics. I don't have any of the experience you do, but I bet you think at the moment I'm the most threatening person to you in the game. I think it's healthy to talk, even the way we are now because ignorance of perception is our enemy. I'm gonna wait and listen for now, you guys can do as you wish.

The fact that you won't let it go is suspicious to me.

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Vote:JBond
JBond is always Evil.

ccB
Terrible loss, Sir Mahan was a dear friend of mine and I'll mourn his loss.

Barring anyone coming fourth, without any information I vote we wait for night to pass before we start passing judgment on one and other. I put my trust in our investigators to bring back information so that we can have a more informed opinion as to who should be brought to death.

Vote: No Lynch

TheBoyWonder22
The fact that you won't let it go is suspicious to me.
I am letting it go, my concern is that if I do, it will come back and bite me in the ass like it did when I didn't stick to Vidae in the game he was the Godfather. I think your strategy is weird, but at this point I don't think it's incriminating.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 01:05 AM
I am letting it go, my concern is that if I do, it will come back and bite me in the ass like it did when I didn't stick to Vidae in the game he was the Godfather. I think your strategy is weird, but at this point I don't think it's incriminating.

I just want discussion. Those that shy from it are often evil doers.

ccB
03-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Also people, the sooner we learn not to depend on information, the better. It is not an effective way to figure out who is good/bad. Just take a look at the Firefly game. We used deduction and analysing behaviour patterns to knock people out and we did a great job.

So are you saying it's better to vote someone off than to no lynch at this point?

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 01:06 AM
I couldn't agree more.

RufusMcDaniel
03-25-2012, 01:07 AM

Not in my case.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 01:09 AM
I am leaning towards a no lynch but I will be up in 6 hours anyways so I won't vote for now.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 01:09 AM
So are you saying it's better to vote someone off than to no lynch at this point?

I will not vote for no lynch. Getting a good dialogue going on early in the game is always good. The more people talk, the more likely something they say early in the game could bite them in the butt in future days.

Not in my case.

Even if you don't post often, the content of the post is a big help in determining whether you are good/evil.

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Unvote: JBond

bait not taken

Caddy
03-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Don't make me vote for you Broth.

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Don't make me vote for you Broth.

You seem very vote happy Caddy. very suspicious.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
You seem very vote happy Caddy. very suspicious.

Very vote happy, yet I haven't cast a vote yet... Like you...

Your little 'plan' was terrible.

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Very vote happy, yet I haven't cast a vote yet... Like you...

Your little 'plan' was terrible.

It actually worked in an early game. I threw a vote out and three people jumped in looking for an easy kill.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 01:23 AM
It actually worked in an early game. I threw a vote out and three people jumped in looking for an easy kill.

I feel like voting for you just based on that lame attempt to 'trick' evil people into voting for Jbond.

CashmoneyDrew
03-25-2012, 01:25 AM
I am not evil.

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 01:29 AM
You giving up on it before it was even acknowledged is what's suspicious to me.

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 01:35 AM
You giving up on it before it was even acknowledged is what's suspicious to me.

I did that because sometimes people are stupid enough to go through with it and being nearly 2:30 here on the east coast I thought I'd drop it before people ran with it before it could be stopped.

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah yeah, whatever you say.

Caddy
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Broth has jumped to the top of my suspicions list. Which is admittedly quite small, but still!

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Broth has jumped to the top of my suspicions list. Which is admittedly quite small, but still!

I hope I'm investigated first.

Razor
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM

Mine too... Framers are usually very quick to judge and vote without any kind of info...

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 03:22 AM
Im with Caddy. Just going into a fast No Lynch will not benefit us at all. We get much more discussion by going for a lynch every day. It helps us to get information. People jump on bandwagons, shy away from discussion and what not.

This game was not meant to be won on Night actions. it was meant to be won on deduction

Snicho
03-25-2012, 05:03 AM
I am not evil, and i have no powers!
Surely if we just used a little bit of magic we will be able to track down those evil suckers!
Accio Voldemort!

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Wow this game is huge. I am not evil or bad. I agree that lynching would be the better option, but we're going to have to wait for people to say things before we start lynching.

There is probably going to be a lot of inactives in this game, because of the number of people, so it wouldn't surprise me if the bad guys tried to blend in with those.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 06:35 AM
No lynching doesnt bring any benefits.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 06:37 AM
No lynching doesnt bring any benefits.

I was the 'GOW' of the second game :banana:

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Ill go with Job's logic.

No Lynching doesnt help the town. Brodeur wants to no lynch. Brodeur doesnt want to help the town. ergo Brodeur must be evil

lynch brodeur

Caddy
03-25-2012, 06:40 AM
I would be more concerned with the guy who thinks he was the 'you' of the second game.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 06:41 AM
I would be more concerned with the guy who thinks he was the 'you' of the second game.

whatever caddy.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Elaborate pls

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Elaborate pls

He just wants to lynch me.

CJSchneider
03-25-2012, 08:06 AM
I have very few suspicions of any kind, and they are not yet strong enough to act on. I am not evil.

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Hmmm, I woke up and there's 3 pages of discussion already. For any lie detectors, I'm not evil.

It's unfortunate to hear about Comahan, he was a good man and an even better wizard.

I agree with Renji, the no-lynch on the first day rarely works. However, I don't think Brodeur is evil just because he suggested no-lynch. I guess we don't have any info on Day 1 though, huh...

Grizzlegom
03-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Pretty much in the same boat as APS, I woke up and was excited to see the thread! Alas, I too am not evil. Anyone have any lacewing flies and boomslang skin?

UKfan
03-25-2012, 08:42 AM
For the lie detectors out there, I too am not evil or neutral, I am good.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 08:51 AM
In the immortal words of Borat Sagdiyev, "this suit is not black."

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Definitely not evil. Not even remotely evil. I wouldn't know evil if it hit me in the face.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I probably won't be posting that much, but I'll be...playing Mass Effect...4?...or something.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 09:01 AM
By the way, my suggestion would be to Vote: No Lynch because there's not enough information to really make an informed decision, which benefits the mafia in effectively getting a two-for-one.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 09:07 AM
I am still relatively new to Mafia, so I don't have as firm a stance on lynch vs no lynch day one as some of you. That said, I do have one observation.....seeing as this game is quite large I feel like we should have more investigators/people that can gain information during nights. If that's the case, it seems to me that we are more likely than usual to get some concrete info for tomorrow and the probability of lynching a bad guy then goes up. Considering that by lynching today we have significantly less of a chance of killing a Mafia since the ratios don't change with the increase in numbers, it seems to me that no lynch may be the better option?

This could be totally wrong, just trying to think it out in a more analytical manner. Basically, with a large game I feel no lynch could be a better strategy because on day 1 your chances of killing a bad guy are the same as usual, but on day 2 they may be higher than usual due to the probability of more investigators. Does this even make sense?

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I am still relatively new to Mafia, so I don't have as firm a stance on lynch vs no lynch day one as some of you. That said, I do have one observation.....seeing as this game is quite large I feel like we should have more investigators/people that can gain information during nights. If that's the case, it seems to me that we are more likely than usual to get some concrete info for tomorrow and the probability of lynching a bad guy then goes up. Considering that by lynching today we have significantly less of a chance of killing a Mafia since the ratios don't change with the increase in numbers, it seems to me that no lynch may be the better option?

This could be totally wrong, just trying to think it out in a more analytical manner. Basically, with a large game I feel no lynch could be a better strategy because on day 1 your chances of killing a bad guy are the same as usual, but on day 2 they may be higher than usual due to the probability of more investigators. Does this even make sense?

In a sense, yes. On one end, your logic is sound; a higher number of people should lead to a higher number of investigators and therefore, info. However, the higher number of people also suggests (at least to me) that we're going to have a significant amount of "wildcard" roles thrown in, and those could be serial killers, vigilantes, wild animals, etc. given the vast well of inspiration the game creators had to draw from in the HP world. So while it means we could have more info tomorrow, it also means more people could die tonight.

Also, 4 straight posts from RoP, three repetitions of he's not evil and he'll be playing a made up sequel instead of contributing? Hmmm...

ImBrotherCain
03-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Just woke up and waded through the three pages. Since this lie detector thing has gotten out of control since the one time Caddy used it, I am not bad nor am I evil.

This is the largest game I have been in and I just don't think it is all that smart to randomly lynch in this case but that is me.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 09:21 AM
In a sense, yes. On one end, your logic is sound; a higher number of people should lead to a higher number of investigators and therefore, info. However, the higher number of people also suggests (at least to me) that we're going to have a significant amount of "wildcard" roles thrown in, and those could be serial killers, vigilantes, wild animals, etc. given the vast well of inspiration the game creators had to draw from in the HP world. So while it means we could have more info tomorrow, it also means more people could die tonight.

Also, 4 straight posts from RoP, three repetitions of he's not evil and he'll be playing a made up sequel instead of contributing? Hmmm...

Alright, that makes sense. So instead of the standard 1-2 deaths in a night you are thinking that we could get hit for 3+? That would suck. Regardless, you guys know more than me so I will let the experts discuss some while I watch the Newcastle game and I'll see what you have to say when I'm back. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in before I disappear for a couple hours.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Still not sure what direction to go in. To lynch or not to lynch and if so, who?

ImBrotherCain
03-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Still not sure what direction to go in. To lynch or not to lynch and if so, who?

Well at this point its a crap shoot. If we go by the typical 20 man game stats there should be about 7-10 deatheaters (I am assuming is the Mafia class in this game). Then another 5-8 Neutral roles. So that leaves 20-26 good guys.

So if we take a shot a lynching a random we have about 53-68% chance of lynching a good guy.

Not the best of odds.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Well at this point its a crap shoot. If we go by the typical 20 man game stats there should be about 7-10 deatheaters (I am assuming is the Mafia class in this game). Then another 5-8 Neutral roles. So that leaves 20-26 good guys.

So if we take a shot a lynching a random we have about 53-68% chance of lynching a good guy.

Not the best of odds.

I agree. Chances are a random lynch ends with someone good or neutral dead but no lynch is also not a great option.

UKfan
03-25-2012, 09:51 AM

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I would agree with lynching on the first day if we had someone to lynch. I think it would be stupid to lynch people for no reason so...

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 10:04 AM
The only thing is, we have no idea how many people have the ability to kill, so is sending who knows how many people to slaughter without doing anything really a good idea?

ImBrotherCain
03-25-2012, 10:08 AM
The only thing is, we have no idea how many people have the ability to kill, so is sending who knows how many people to slaughter without doing anything really a good idea?

Trust me I understand. That is one of the reasons why I am holding off on voting.

But as a rebuttal to your question is it possibly worth sending one extra one to the slaughter because we need to lynch someone?

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 10:21 AM
The thing is, who would we lynch? It would be unfair to lynch someone off reputation and right now no one has a lyncher type role which is making people speak so no lynch is the only we can go right now. With the amount of people in the game it could be a long time before we hear from everyone though.

scottyboy
03-25-2012, 10:21 AM
i'm just really not a fan of no lynch on the first day. I understand the reasoning for it but I just don't think it helps anyone.

for any lie detectors, since this is the new thing, I am not evil or bad or neutral.

Also, there's a zillion people in this game, I feel we should give more time before people start throwing out no lynch votes. Let's see if some suspicious posts start coming in before we throw out a quick no lynch

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 10:23 AM
We can all change our votes if people start getting suspicious.

scottyboy
03-25-2012, 10:23 AM
The thing is, who would we lynch? It would be unfair to lynch someone off reputation and right now no one has a lyncher type role which is making people speak so no lynch is the only we can go right now. With the amount of people in the game it could be a long time before we hear from everyone though.

the thread's been open what? 10 hours? Hell, I just woke up and there's like 8 official lynch votes. People need to slow it down a bit and have some discussion and wait for other people to have a chance to even know the thread exists before we move on a day without any discussion or getting anywhere

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 10:24 AM
the thread's been open what? 10 hours? Hell, I just woke up and there's like 8 official lynch votes. People need to slow it down a bit and have some discussion and wait for other people to have a chance to even know the thread exists before we move on a day without any discussion or getting anywhere

thats what im saying. wait until the majority of people of spoken and decide then, it could be a while though.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 10:49 AM
My reasoning for not lynching; were losing people tonight as it is, there is no sense shooting in the dark on the first day when all most of us have done is say "I'm not evil". Thats not alot of discussion to go off of, and at this point even with discussion what are we going to get? No one has done anything yet, we have nothing to accuse anyone of except for blindly saying youre evil. The good in these games have to out number the evil for this game to function properly, which means lynching blindly is heavily favoring killing someone innocent. We have investigators, protectors etc. Let them do their job and we can start real discussion tomorrow. People who want to just lynch day one, namely Gow and APS are most suspicious to me, and the mafia/death eaters know it basically can wind up being a free extra kill on day one. Just saying, how well has lynching day one worked out for us in the last several games..... weve killed someone innocent every time.

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I personally found RoP's activity on the last page suspicious, but he's also a crazy ************ and he could just be...well, being himself. Regardless, I'm not a fan of putting the ball in the other teams court, so to speak. Giving the Death Eaters a free run at murdering people seems like lambs to a slaughter, but that's just my opinion. If we decide no-lynch is the safest way to go, you'll have my vote.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I personally found RoP's activity on the last page suspicious, but he's also a crazy ************ and he could just be...well, being himself. Regardless, I'm not a fan of putting the ball in the other teams court, so to speak. Giving the Death Eaters a free run at murdering people seems like lambs to a slaughter, but that's just my opinion. If we decide no-lynch is the safest way to go, you'll have my vote.

It's inevitable that someone will die unless we get lucky that someone protects someone. There is no sense in doing the death eaters job for them.

Losing a couple at night > losing a couple at night lynching + someone innocent.

Razor
I really don't like it but I'm going for a no lynch.

SuperPacker

Death eaters? You're scaring me APS.

Just the fact that Voledmort is out there is scaring the **** out of me as well.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 10:55 AM
The fact that you all are saying "he shall not be named" name is frightening to me.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 10:55 AM
It's inevitable that someone will die unless we get lucky that someone protects someone. There is no sense in doing the death eaters job for them.

Losing a couple at night > losing a couple at night lynching + someone innocent.

Basically this, unless someone brings attention to themselves, i think no lynch is the way to go.

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 10:56 AM
The fact that you all are saying "he shall not be named" name is frightening to me.

Yes, we should look at anyone who isn't afraid to say his name quite carefully...I can imagine that the only people who wouldn't be afraid to say it are Harry, Dumbledore and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named himself...

diabsoule
03-25-2012, 10:57 AM
My reasoning for not lynching; were losing people tonight as it is, there is no sense shooting in the dark on the first day when all most of us have done is say "I'm not evil". Thats not alot of discussion to go off of, and at this point even with discussion what are we going to get? No one has done anything yet, we have nothing to accuse anyone of except for blindly saying youre evil. The good in these games have to out number the evil for this game to function properly, which means lynching blindly is heavily favoring killing someone innocent. We have investigators, protectors etc. Let them do their job and we can start real discussion tomorrow. People who want to just lynch day one, namely Gow and APS are most suspicious to me, and the mafia/death eaters know it basically can wind up being a free extra kill on day one. Just saying, how well has lynching day one worked out for us in the last several games..... weve killed someone innocent every time.

You just summed up everything I was about to type. In the last mafia game every time we lynched someone they were innocent. It wasn't until late in the game that the mafia started being lynched. We have too high a chance to lynch someone innocent and I'd rather not risk it. Let the protectors, investigators do their job and hopefully we can have more info the next day.

With that being said, Warlock Mahan was a good man and we'll miss his services.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I agree with Scotty, we don't need to rush this. The longer we talk this out, the more of a chance that someone slips up and we make at least a semi intelligent lynch here.

diabsoule
03-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Death eaters? You're scaring me APS.

Just the fact that Voledmort is out there is scaring the **** out of me as well.

Saying "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" name with such ease is suspicious.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I've never called him that, im not that much of a Harry Potter fan lol.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Lets just take our time and if nobody jumps out then we can progress to a no lynch. Jumping right to either option (random lynch or no lynch) is a bit hasty imo.

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I've never called him that, im not that much of a Harry Potter fan lol.

AHHHH! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Just kidding. It is fun to mess with people who haven't read Potter though. Anyways, it would appear we're headed towards a no-lynch and I'm more then willing to speed along the process if that's where the vast majority feels we should go.

vote: No Lynch

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 11:04 AM
AHHHH! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Just kidding. It is fun to mess with people who haven't read Potter though. Anyways, it would appear we're headed towards a no-lynch and I'm more then willing to speed along the process if that's where the vast majority feels we should go.

vote: No Lynch

I've watched the films but only once each and i've never read the books. Actualy i've see one of them a few times, forgot what its called though. The on where they go in some hole through the sinks in the toilets.

DeepThreat
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Vote Count (20 needed for majority)

No Lynch (10) - Brodeur, Jvig, vidae, diab, ccb, CJ, UK, SuperPacker, Razor, APS,
Brodeur (1) - GOW

CashmoneyDrew
03-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I've never been a patient man, or one to not take matters into my own hands, but begrudgingly this time I will go with...

bored of education
03-25-2012, 11:20 AM
I do not vote John Lynch to the Hall of Fame

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Meh, voting No Lynch still isn't a great option IMO. Better to take a shot, and I go with Brodeur, just to make GOW POed.

Vote: GOW

ATLDirtyBirds
03-25-2012, 11:29 AM
posting from the phone as im at work. reading through broth seems really suspicious. also i think renji going for brody is kind of weird. Matt Jones and super packers were also acting strange but Matt Jones did the same thing last week and superpacker is just a moron in general.

but i agree with the no lynch. vote no lynch

also in the case of a lie detector: im not evil, i am not neutral. i am good.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I am also not evil.

Raiderz4Life
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm not going to be around a whole lot today but I'll check in every now and then. I'll wait a bit longer to vote and see what happens.

I am not evil

TheBoyWonder22
03-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Trust me I understand. That is one of the reasons why I am holding off on voting.

But as a rebuttal to your question is it possibly worth sending one extra one to the slaughter because we need to lynch someone?
No it's not. That's why we have to be smart about it. If info comes, we have to act. I think you guys are being way too wary of Renji right now, he voted for Brody, so what? The way broth has acted is far more suspicious.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Looks like we are heading towards a no lynch.....seems just a few people want to lynch. I'm all for waiting if people want me to withdraw my vote, but as I said before I think purely from a numbers perspective it makes sense to....

Vote:No Lynch

scottyboy
03-25-2012, 11:40 AM
No it's not. That's why we have to be smart about it. If info comes, we have to act. I think you guys are being way too wary of Renji right now, he voted for Brody, so what? The way broth has acted is far more suspicious.

that's how renji plays. he's bat **** crazy...but it somehow has worked for him.

and I'm weirded out by Broth's comments as well but not too much more past that. It was pretty weird

bored of education
03-25-2012, 11:46 AM
broth is a unique person that I love

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Can we just kill D-Unit?

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I would support any killing of D-Unit.

OSUGiants17
03-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Not evil or neutral

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Not evil or neutral

What is not evil or neutral? Another Jvig scenario?

OSUGiants17
03-25-2012, 12:00 PM
What is not evil or neutral? Another Jvig scenario?

let's just say I have a keen eye for evil and it would be nice if someone were to protect me

bored of education
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
If we lynch D-Unit the sheep population will prosper

D-Unit
03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Can we just kill D-Unit?
No we can't. I'm not evil this time. Though a 3rd time in a row would've really been something. I'm busy today, but I'm glad the game got started. Don't usually like no lynch on the first day, and I've never seen day 2 really make a difference in getting people to share info. But apparently the group wants it and I don't have the desire to fight the group.

That said... Shane ALWAYS finds sneaky ways to get others to point their fingers away from him.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Shane is definitely a sneaky one!

bored of education
03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Jbond flip flopped so much on what he wanted to do in this case. Why are you so insecure Jbond?

draftguru151

SuperPacker
Jbond flip flopped so much on what he wanted to do in this case. Why are you so insecure Jbond?

He's Voldemort...

OSUGiants17
03-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Goddammit DeepThreat check your PM before I leave!

Todd Bertuzzi
03-25-2012, 12:11 PM
APS meet me in Hogsmeade for a nice butterbeer. Boe can come too :).

I'm hesitant to vote no lynch as I think it's better to get a little discussion going early on to see how people react, but like it's been mentioned it may be our best option in a game of this magnitude.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:13 PM

Because no one loves me!

I'll point a finger at myself, I am evil.

bored of education
03-25-2012, 12:13 PM
APS meet me in Hogsmeade for a nice butterbeer. Boe can come too :).

I'm hesitant to vote no lynch as I think it's better to get a little discussion going early on to see how people react, but like it's been mentioned it may be our best option in a game of this magnitude.

I like butterbeer, thank you for the invite. ;)

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Because no one loves me!

I'll point a finger at myself, I am evil.

A confession, this early? :lynched:

bored of education
03-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Shane P Hallam seems to weak mentally to be evil.

DeepThreat
03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Goddammit DeepThreat check your PM before I leave!

I didn't see anything that warranted a response.

Vote Count (20 needed to reach a majority):
No lynch (16): Brodeur, Jvig, vidae, diab, ccb, CJ, UK, SuperPacker, Razor, APS, CMD, ATL, Rob S, OSU, D-Unit, DG
GOW (1) - JBond
Brodeur (1) - GOW

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
A confession, this early? :lynched:

Yup. I was evil last time, I figure saying this will do one of two things: Get the bad guys to kill me and waste a vanilla role, or I will stay alive and can actually help decipher.

scottyboy
03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
ugh, we're 4 votes away from advancing and we've gotten very little useful discussion. as much as lynching a random innocent person would be awful, advancing with virtually no suspicions and little discussion is almost as bad

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:21 PM
ugh, we're 4 votes away from advancing and we've gotten very little useful discussion. as much as lynching a random innocent person would be awful, advancing with virtually no suspicions and little discussion is almost as bad

I agree, let's kill D-Unit.

Unvote: GOW

Vote: D-Unit

bored of education
03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
vote - no lynch

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
As much as killing D-Unit would be amazing, it dont think it would be fair.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm suspicious of Gow, APS, and now Shane. I think Shane is pulling some "I'll say what I actually am in hopes people would think that it was too stupid to say this early on" kind of thing.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:23 PM
As much as killing D-Unit would be amazing, it dont think it would be fair.

I didn't know fairness was a part of this game!

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Vote: no lynch

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 12:26 PM
broth is a unique person that I love

I think BOE remembers that whole fiasco.

vidae
I'm suspicious of Gow, APS, and now Shane. I think Shane is pulling some "I'll say what I actually am in hopes people would think that it was too stupid to say this early on" kind of thing.

Hah, I had the same thought here. Either way we know he is someone we need to look out for.

SuperMcGee

Except when everybody thought I was evil.

Wildcard, bitches!

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:27 PM
I didn't know fairness was a part of this game!

Very true,

Unvote: No Lynch

EDIT: Im also suspicious of Shane now lol.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Hah, I had the same thought here. Either way we know he is someone we need to look out for.

Yup, look out for me and waste your night actions!

Mr. Goosemahn
03-25-2012, 12:28 PM

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I seriously dont understand you guys.

If we kill someone, we get so much information. It is not random. it will be on who is most suspicious. I mean you need to understand this: This game is won on deduction, suspicions, voting patterns, people defending each other.

Saying randomly killing someone cause we could kill a good person, is asinine. It is basically the only chance we have at killing bad people.

Looking back at the firefly game, while we did kill an innocent person the first night, the ensueing suspicions and discussions the following day helps us so much more. We only lynched one good guy in that game. that should stand for something.

If we discuss more, start to get people defending not to lynch oneself and all that, we will get to see how people react, investigators get a better idea of who to investigate.

We lose one person. We gain information about so much more.

Unlynch Brodeur
Lynch DUnit

Shane P. Hallam
Very true,

EDIT: Im also suspicious of Shane now lol.

I feel like people being suspicious of me don't understand the game very well. Especially with this many damn people in it, someone evil would barely say anything. It is REAL easy to blend in.

bored of education
I think BOE remembers that whole fiasco.

what fiasco?

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I feel like people being suspicious of me don't understand the game very well. Especially with this many damn people in it, someone evil would barely say anything. It is REAL easy to blend in.
people are suspecting people that are not voting no lynch. its stupid

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I seriously dont understand you guys.

If we kill someone, we get so much information. It is not random. it will be on who is most suspicious. I mean you need to understand this: This game is won on deduction, suspicions, voting patterns, people defending each other.

Saying randomly killing someone cause we could kill a good person, is asinine. It is basically the only chance we have at killing bad people.

Looking back at the firefly game, while we did kill an innocent person the first night, the ensueing suspicions and discussions the following day helps us so much more. We only lynched one good guy in that game. that should stand for something.

If we discuss more, start to get people defending not to lynch oneself and all that, we will get to see how people react, investigators get a better idea of who to investigate.

We lose one person. We gain information about so much more.

Unlynch Brodeur
Lynch DUnit

Come on everyone, there is still room on the Lynch D-Unit bandwagon!

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:31 PM

Its got to a point where everyone thats quiet is a suspect, you're technique is one not used by many bad guys, therefore you have your excuse if people question you...

Just a thought.

A Perfect Score
Dammit, I'm on a suspicious list already? Silly Jvig, I can't be evil. I'm too busy being drunk with Todd and BOE. Butterbeer ftw.

Regardless, I think that my resistance to apathy has been mistaken for bloodthirst. I don't WANT to see an innocent die, but I always hate feeling complacent when we vote no-lynch on day 1 of these things only to give the bad guys a free run at us. Like I said though, if the majority feels like a no-lynch is the best scenario, then you've got my vote (you already have it, in fact).

Todd Bertuzzi
It's almost useless to try and point out suspicious behaviour this early on as the mafia can easily blend in at this point and the one's who have nothing to hide are usually the ones whose behaviour does stand out the most from the get go.

vote- no lynch

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Lynch: D-Unit

SuperMcGee
03-25-2012, 12:32 PM

J-Boobie can definitely pull some of the more bizarre strategies. Too soon to go off of what's there, though.

That said, I'm not at all looking to no lynch. I can see plenty of interesting things coming out of this day. I also hope RoP keeps spouting nonsense.

D-Unit
03-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree, let's kill D-Unit.

Unvote: GOW

Still bitter about me ratting you out 2 games ago huh?

This is a guy that holds a grudge folks. KILL HIM. He deserves to die.

Vote: Sneaky Shane

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Its got to a point where everyone thats quiet is a suspect, you're technique is one not used by many bad guys, therefore you have your excuse if people question you...

Just a thought.

Reverse psychology? Or perhaps it is reverse reverse psychology! :idea:

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Still bitter about me ratting you out 2 games ago huh?

This is a guy that holds a grudge folks. KILL HIM. He deserves to die.

Vote: Sneaky Shane

And I still lasted the longest of the group! It's okay D, I just think it would be better for the town if you weren't a part of it, either way. I think my track record speaks for itself.

Dr. Gonzo

Clearly it's triple reverse. Normally I would feel bad about lynching someone based on nothing to gather info but that man is D, so I don't.

SuperPacker

Damn you Shane, you're hurting my mind!

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
I think we have established for future mafia games, Day 1 we kill either D-Unit, GOW, or APS. 'Nugh said.

bored of education
Quadruple reverse psychology?

Jvig43
people are suspecting people that are not voting no lynch. its stupid

So stupid. I mean we have a basis for suspecting anyone at all at this point correct? No lets just play bat **** crazy and start lynching random people, that isn't stupid.

Having suspicions about pretty much anyone is stupid at this point... it random speculation.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I think we have established for future mafia games, Day 1 we kill either D-Unit, GOW, or APS. 'Nugh said.

Or just D-Unit every time.

Gay Ork Wang
hey, i was extremely helpful!

vidae
unvote : no lynch

vote : D-Unit

Shane P. Hallam
Quadruple reverse psychology?

You are like a doctor of psychology sir.

D-Unit
03-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Clearly it's triple reverse. Normally I would feel bad about lynching someone based on nothing to gather info but that man is D, so I don't.
Have we crossed paths in another life? I forget what I did to make you offended.

Rob S
Well, if we lynch somebody let's at least lay out some people who have been suspicious. D, Shane, and APS are just always suspects for whatever reason. GOW would be suspicious, but this is just how he plays. Matthew Jones has been acting oddly imo.....the 4 posts in a row to tell us he won't be around and then a vote for no lynch with no reasoning....

bored of education
You are like a doctor of psychology sir.

I am quite amazing at many things

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 12:40 PM
So stupid. I mean we have a basis for suspecting anyone at all at this point correct? No lets just play bat **** crazy and start lynching random people, that isn't stupid.

Having suspicions about pretty much anyone is stupid at this point... it random speculation.
killing you the first day basically helped us to get Dunit in the last game, so yes, i wouldnt say that it was a bad lynching. random lynching never hurts. worst case scenario, we will kill a good guy. we now can look at all the people that pushed hard into that guy through investigations.

As of now, investigations are just as much of a crap shoot. especially if you dont get any substantial discussion going

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:41 PM

I will also add DG to this list. He is a ginger.

Gay Ork Wang
Well, if we lynch somebody let's at least lay out some people who have been suspicious. D, Shane, and APS are just always suspects for whatever reason. GOW would be suspicious, but this is just how he plays. Matthew Jones has been acting oddly imo.....the 4 posts in a row to tell us he won't be around and then a vote for no lynch with no reasoning....
i have always been an advocate at creating havoc the first day to get people talking. its nothing new.

vidae
Yeah that 4 post in a row thing from ROP was weird, haha.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 12:42 PM

I too am suspicious of any of these people. Certainly on the "keep an eye out for" list.

Gay Ork Wang
Lynch RoP

I want to see his reasoning behind that 4 posts in a row

Rob S
i have always been an advocate at creating havoc the first day to get people talking. its nothing new.

That why I cleared you. Honestly, Matthew Jones is the only one that jumps out to me as suspicious thus far. That said, if we want to go traditional with one of the usual suspects, I'll get on board.....I just wouldn't be at all shocked if they are good.

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
what fiasco?

I forget what game it was (or honestly if it was even on this forum) but someone threw out a random accusation to get discussion going. The person was nearly lynched resulting in the original accuser calling everyone a ******* idiot.

vidae
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I forget what game it was (or honestly if it was even on this forum) but someone threw out a random accusation to get discussion going. The person was nearly lynched resulting in the original accuser calling everyone a ******* idiot.

You just described what Renji does every game.

Rob S
Lynch RoP

He is the only guy that has done something that stands out imo. I'll roll with you here to force a response. Also, probably good to withdraw your no-lynch votes guys.....we don't want a quick no lynch that coud kill discussion here.....it is starting to heat up.

unvote: No Lynch

Vote: ROP

A Perfect Score
Yeah that 4 post in a row thing from ROP was weird, haha.

I mentioned it the page after as suspicious behaviour, especially the part about him not being able to contribute because he's too busy playing Mass Effect 4...Which isn't a real thing. Either he's trying to draw attention to himself to take it away from someone else, or he's actually batshit crazy because it's by far the most suspicious thing anyone has done so far in my eyes. I'd be willing to vote for him today, but I don't think anyone else has done anything significant enough to warrant suspicion.

I think I'm usually a first day target in these things because people don't like me. Boo.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I mentioned it the page after as suspicious behaviour, especially the part about him not being able to contribute because he's too busy playing Mass Effect 4...Which isn't a real thing. Either he's trying to draw attention to himself to take it away from someone else, or he's actually batshit crazy because it's by far the most suspicious thing anyone has done so far in my eyes. I'd be willing to vote for him today, but I don't think anyone else has done anything significant enough to warrant suspicion.

I think I'm usually a first day target in these things because people don't like me. Boo.

We liked you APS, if we didn't, we wouldn't call you the town drunk/alcoholic.

vidae
03-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah I think I'll go with ROP too here. That was the only really suspicious thing that we have to go on.

unvote : D-Unit (for the luls)

vote : ROP

Gay Ork Wang
APS Is Mundungus Fletcher

Jvig43
Lynch RoP

If you want to see his reasoning why are we lynching him and not asking for an explanation?

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 12:48 PM
If you want to see his reasoning why are we lynching him and not asking for an explanation?
because lynching people actually puts pressure on them. Its my way of gaining attention of that person. That vote is pretty useless. The 20th person has the most important vote.

Also seeing how people jump on bandwagons is an important information to follow

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:49 PM

If we only ask him he has no reason to answer.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 12:49 PM
because lynching people actually puts pressure on them. Its my way of gaining attention of that person. That vote is pretty useless. The 20th person has the most important vote.

Also seeing how people jump on bandwagons is an important information to follow

Ok I can side with that until everyone starts voting him before we get to hear his explanation. I just don't want things moving so fast that he doesn't get the chance to defend himself in anyway.

If we only ask him he has no reason to answer.

So then we'll just lynch him........

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm going to stick with my D-Unit vote. Trust me, I have a plan.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
GOW has a way of convincing me to do things in these games. He plays completely batshit crazy, but for some reason it seems logical!

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah I think I'll go with ROP too here. That was the only really suspicious thing that we have to go on.

unvote : D-Unit (for the luls)

vote : ROP

This is how I'm feeling too. Of course, like I said before, we know RoP is batshit crazy and that could be part of his plan, but until he explains himself I think he's had the most suspicious activity so far.

unvote: No Lynch

Vote: RoP

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2012, 12:52 PM
When ROP says he was just trying to be funny, which will be his explanation, what do we do then?

Rob S
03-25-2012, 12:53 PM
When ROP says he was just trying to be funny, which will be his explanation, what do we do then?

That would normally be a ****** excuse, but with ROP it would make sense. Lets just wait for his response and then press for follow up responses and see how he reacts. Can't hurt to keep prodding to see if he slips up.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:53 PM
So then we'll just lynch him........

We need 20 people to lynch him. Right now me have 2....

diabsoule
03-25-2012, 12:54 PM
ROP IS batshit crazy so that's probably him just being himself.

and isn't the golden rule of these to lynch APS first? I thought we had agreed on that?

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 12:56 PM

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/New-Photos14/austrian-camo-shirt-b.jpg

SuperPacker
Talk ROP, talk!

Unvote: D-Unit

Vote: Matthew Jones

Brodeur
Stop voting someone people, just vote no lynch until we get some damn clues.

Dr. Gonzo
That would normally be a ****** excuse, but with ROP it would make sense. Lets just wait for his response and then press for follow up responses and see how he reacts. Can't hurt to keep prodding to see if he slips up.

Well Jvig was lynched in the firefly game for trying to be funny and he turned out to be good. I understand hoping he slips up but I can't help thinking that with how crazy the man is this won't help much.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 12:57 PM
And here he is...

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
We need 20 people to lynch him. Right now me have 2....

If he chooses not to respond we'll lynch him. I don't know what you are getting confused about. We either hear what he has to say and decide from there or if he chooses to not answer we lynch him. Not complicated.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 12:59 PM
If he chooses not to respond we'll lynch him. I don't know what you are getting confused about. We either hear what he has to say and decide from there or if he chooses to not answer we lynch him. Not complicated.

Yeah, we are fine right now. Nothing is going to happen imminently at this point, so the votes aren't too huge of a deal. We can take out time.

DeepThreat
03-25-2012, 01:00 PM
No lynch (15): Brodeur, Jvig, diab, ccb, CJ, UK, Razor, CMD, ATL, OSU, DG, boe, ROP, Goose, Todd
D-Unit (2): JBond, Gonzo,
JBond (1): D-Unit
ROP (5): Rob S, vidae, APS, SuperPacker, GOW

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 01:00 PM

Lynching now gets him to talk. Not complicated.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Unvote DUnit
Vote RoP

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.tridentmilitary.com/New-Photos14/austrian-camo-shirt-b.jpg
this will not suffice and just make it more suspicious. at best its someone who doesnt take this matter serious. Comahan died. People will follow. if he doesnt think its serious and wants to help, it is justified to lynch him

Matthew Jones
I'm challenging you all because I believe in this town. I know you will do the right thing by not lynching me. You have no grounds to lynch me. I told you all last game you would regret lynching me, and you did. Getting out of control and lynching someone without evidence? If that's how you wizards operate, lynch me now. Just know that we're all in this together, and I need more evidence before I start murking my wizard-bretheren.

It's the right thing to do.

Brodeur
I don't appreciate you voting me GOW, initially.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
this will not suffice and just make it more suspicious

he's pretending to have not read that he's getting lynched.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't appreciate you voting me GOW, initially.
its nothing personal. you were the first one to vote no lynch. once i found someone more suspicious i jumped on that

vidae
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm challenging you all because I believe in this town. I know you will do the right thing by not lynching me. You have no grounds to lynch me. I told you all last game you would regret lynching me, and you did. Getting out of control and lynching someone without evidence? If that's how you wizards operate, lynch me now. Just know that we're all in this together, and I need more evidence before I start murking my wizard-bretheren.

It's the right thing to do.

Even this response seems fishy to me..

Rob S
03-25-2012, 01:05 PM

It wasn't the best, but it is ROP, so it's a tough call.

Jvig43
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Agreed, going off past actions to rectify no killing him in a completely different scenario doesn't justify keeping him alive. RoP anything else you can share with us?

Brodeur
03-25-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think ROP is evil, he's just batshit crazy.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 01:08 PM
He's probably trying to confuse people so much that everyone just thinks "**** it, wel'll just let the crazy dude live"

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 01:08 PM
The goal of this game from a mafia perspective is to kill as many villagers as possible. If roughly half of the players are evil, they're going to try and push for lynchings to thin the good ranks by killing more than one person per day. If there are fewer evil players than good ones, the percentages suggest that lynching someone is more likely to result in a good death than a bad one. If that makes me suspicious, then I'm suspicious. Suspicious of those who wish death upon those who want more information! If you choose to lynch me, just know the worst thing I've ever done in the wizard world is post pictures of mannequins in disguise and make up videogames.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 01:09 PM
'Crazy' posters kind of have the advantage in these games because they can rely on their reputation to take away from suspicious posts.....or at least this is what is happening with me when trying to figure out ROP.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Going of past things is stupid. Every bad guy will say that he is good and we gonna regret lynching him.

I dont see him taking it seriously at all.

Rob S
03-25-2012, 01:10 PM
I honestly can't read ROP at all.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Has he actually explained the 4 posts in a row?

Matthew Jones
I honestly can't read ROP at all.

Look into your heart!

Gay Ork Wang
The goal of this game from a mafia perspective is to kill as many villagers as possible. If roughly half of the players are evil, they're going to try and push for lynchings to thin the good ranks by killing more than one person per day. If there are fewer evil players than good ones, the percentages suggest that lynching someone is more likely to result in a good death than a bad one. If that makes me suspicious, then I'm suspicious. Suspicious of those who wish death upon those who want more information! If you choose to lynch me, just know the worst thing I've ever done in the wizard world is post pictures of mannequins in disguise and make up videogames.
There will never be half evil half good people unless we have two mafia fractions. even then, if we had half evil half good, the evil people would win by going into a no lynch and having the majority the next day.

We will have more good people than bad. Relying on investigations is fishy. There are framers, there are roleblockers, you can just randomly investigate a good person or you could be a lazy cop, you could get the godfather or you could investigate a good person that just has the bad ability to be shown as bad (it is a role called the Miller). Never rely on investigations solely.

CJSchneider
03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Definitely not evil. Not even remotely evil. I wouldn't know evil if it hit me in the face.

Bold: Why not say "I'm not evil."

Underlined:As there would be no way to prove this, this reading would be confusing at best.

This does cause reason for suspicion for sure.

Brodeur
03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Which is why we need to vote No Lynch and investigate.

D-Unit
03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
My serious vote.

unvote Shane

Vote no lynch

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Which is why we need to vote No Lynch and investigate.
Didnt i just say investigations are unreliable?

Brodeur
Didnt i just say investigations are unreliable?

You're unreliable.

Matthew Jones
Bold: Why not say "I'm not evil."

Underlined:As there would be no way to prove this, this reading would be confusing at best.

This does cause reason for suspicion for sure.

There is a method to my madness (I think.) What purpose would me denying being evil serve? I want people to draw their own conclusions either way. For what it's worth, I'm not evil, and you're all wasting your time debating over it when we should be trying to find the real villains.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
There is a method to my madness (I think.) What purpose would me denying being evil serve? I want people to draw their own conclusions either way. For what it's worth, I'm not evil, and you're all wasting your time debating over it when we should be trying to find the real villains.

Unfortunately we dont know if you are evil or not, but your responses are unclear and pointless so my vote stands.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:18 PM
You're unreliable.
okay, i made a logic explanation. What is your argument against "Investigations are unreliable"

Rob S
03-25-2012, 01:18 PM
I kinda feel like ROP isn't evil, but just ******* crazy. At this point, I don't think anyone is going to wind up being a slam dunk lynch suspect, so I'm willing to going along with whatever the town wants. Whether it be no lynch and rely on investigations or lynch ROP or lynch someone else, there are reasons to support all three options and nothing is clearly the correct course of action. I have kind of come around to GOW's view that lynching can cause some good info to come out, but no lynch make senses from a pure numbers perspective.

A Perfect Score
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
RoP is Barty Crouch Jr. Obviously.

Gay Ork Wang
03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I kinda feel like ROP isn't evil, but just ******* crazy. At this point, I don't think anyone is going to wind up being a slam dunk lynch suspect, so I'm willing to going along with whatever the town wants. Whether it be no lynch and rely on investigations or lynch ROP or lynch someone else, there are reasons to support all three options and nothing is clearly the correct course of action. I have kind of come around to GOW's view that lynching can cause some good info to come out, but no lynch make senses from a pure numbers perspective.
We wont get any information whatsoever from today if we dont lynch anyone.

At worst we will try to randomly lynch an investigator, who will def reveal his ability somehow.

If we dont kill someone, we will be at the same starting point tomorrow. No investigator comes out day 1, even if he found only 1 guy.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 01:28 PM
You can lynch me, and that'll give you some information. Information proving my innocence!

jrdrylie
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm actually watching Harry Potter right now!

I think instead of voting Lynch or No Lynch, we should all agree to vote Avada Kedavra or no Adava Kedavra because I'm pretty sure witches and wizards don't lynch people.

I'm not evil.

Vote: Lynch Matthew Jones

Brothgar
03-25-2012, 02:14 PM

If you deny you are evil there are things called "lie detectors" in this game where they take a post and say weather or not you are telling the truth or not. If you say you are not evil it really gives a Boolean answer when you are investigated by a lie detector.

DeepThreat
03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
No lynch (16): Brodeur, Jvig, diab, ccb, CJ, UK, Razor, CMD, ATL, OSU, DG, boe, ROP, Goose, Todd, D-Unit
D-Unit (2): JBond, Gonzo,
ROP (6): Rob S, vidae, APS, SuperPacker, GOW, jrdrylie

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 02:17 PM
If you deny you are evil there are things called "lie detectors" in this game where they take a post and say weather or not you are telling the truth or not. If you say you are not evil it really gives a Boolean answer when you are investigated by a lie detector.

Assuming there is a lie detector.

jrdrylie
03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Assuming there is a lie detector.

There usually is a lie detector. Although in this game it's probably called a Seer or something like that.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 02:19 PM

Boolean, you say? Tell me more...

Rob S
03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Alright guys....what are we thinking here? I doubt much more info is going to come out at this point, so lets talk out what direction we want to go in and move this game along. GOW has really convinced me that maybe lynching is the way to go, but I also wouldn't mind going no lynch because this game is so big.

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Alright guys....what are we thinking here? I doubt much more info is going to come out at this point, so lets talk out what direction we want to go in and move this game along. GOW has really convinced me that maybe lynching is the way to go, but I also wouldn't mind going no lynch because this game is so big.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/e/ed/PB%26J_Otter_-_Noodle_Dance_3.jpg

diabsoule
03-25-2012, 02:27 PM

For me the risk is too great for lynching an innocent than it for no lynch when the investigators can hopefully find some information that would prove useful. I'd rather do that than take a stab in the dark hoping someone is bad when we could be lynching someone useful to the cause of good if we vote for the wrong person

Rob S
03-25-2012, 02:27 PM
You're crazy, ROP. I don't think you're evil though. I'm going with my initial instinct here....

Unvote: ROP

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2012, 02:29 PM
There usually is a lie detector. Although in this game it's probably called a Seer or something like that.

We've only had one mafia game on SWDC with a lie detector...

Matthew Jones
03-25-2012, 02:30 PM
You're crazy, ROP. I don't think you're evil though. I'm going with my initial instinct here....

Unvote: ROP

http://www.justfundraising.com/media/images/cookies-dough-fundraising.jpg

Rob S
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM

It's not a big deal, the lie detector thing. There probably isn't one, but it still makes some sense to have people respond. Not that I put much weight in it, but still.

SuperPacker
03-25-2012, 02:32 PM

That was what i thought.

Decisions... hmmm.... think i might have to agree with Rob, i dont think ROP is evil.

Unvote: Matthew Jones