PDA

View Full Version : What it's like to be a Browns fan.

PoopSandwich
03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
wGfLFmlU8zo&

PackerLegend
03-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Well atleast you guys have really flashy jerseys.

Crazy_Chris
03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
That video is ******* awesome. :lol: All season ticket holders from every team should take his approach to paying for the pre-season games. It's highway robbery that they charge regular season prices for those ****** games.

Pat Sims 90
03-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Like being a Bengals fan in the 90's.

RaiderNation
03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2009/12/miserable-browns-fan1.jpg

OSUGiants17
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
I saw that video earlier, classic stuff. If only he actually sent it to the FO

Brent
03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Sounds like being a Niners fan before the Harbaugh hire.

Splat
03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
So awesome.

JoeJoeBrown
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Genius comedy.

descendency
03-27-2012, 11:50 PM
lol. "4 walk-ons from mount union."

vidae
03-28-2012, 12:03 AM
wGfLFmlU8zo&

This guy has some awesome videos.

I'm a cat guy, so this video cracks me up even more. It's his cat, same guy:

qpl5mOAXNl4

BeerBaron
03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
After one of their many obliterations of the Browns, a Steelers fan friend of mine posted about how "no matter what the Steelers ever do, he's confident that they'll at least always be better than the Browns."

He, of course, got several likes and other Steelers fans piled on...then I stepped up.

"If the Lions can actually turn things around, the Browns will one day too."

I was, of course, mocked and they reiterated how bad the Browns are to me.

Someday the Browns will prove me right. Not anytime soon, mind you, but someday. Some...day....

Shane P. Hallam
03-28-2012, 08:57 AM
After one of their many obliterations of the Browns, a Steelers fan friend of mine posted about how "no matter what the Steelers ever do, he's confident that they'll at least always be better than the Browns."

He, of course, got several likes and other Steelers fans piled on...then I stepped up.

Someday the Browns will prove me right. Not anytime soon, mind you, but someday. Some...day....

Hopefully you'll still be alive at that point. I'm betting on 2092 for the Browns turnaround!

Nah, they will have their time. Just need to get the right management in there.

BeerBaron
03-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Hopefully you'll still be alive at that point. I'm betting on 2092 for the Browns turnaround!

I had a weird dream one time that the Browns beat the Bears in a Superbowl 13-10. And I didn't appear to be 104 in the dream...so maybe it will happen sooner.

killxswitch
03-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I had a weird dream one time that the Browns beat the Bears in a Superbowl 13-10. And I didn't appear to be 104 in the dream...so maybe it will happen sooner.

I had a dream once that I was being chased through a tropical jungle paradise by a bright blue 20 story tall Chewbacca. Mine has a better chance of coming true than yours.

tjsunstein
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I had a dream once that I was being chased through a tropical jungle paradise by a bright blue 20 story tall Chewbacca. Mine has a better chance of coming true than yours.

Sounds pretty similar to Avatar.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
03-28-2012, 04:56 PM
isnt this the same guy that did the Cleveland Tourist video? it sounded like the same singing in the cat video.

edit: i found them. they're pretty funny too

oZzgAjjuqZM

ysmLA5TqbIY

lol, at least we're not Detroit!

holt_bruce81
03-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Haha that video is awesome.

But nothing is worse than being a Rams fan. Worst record in NFL History the past 5 seasons.

PoopSandwich
03-28-2012, 08:45 PM

But nothing is worse than being a Rams fan. Worst record in NFL History the past 5 seasons.

0 super bowl.

appearances.

0 playoff wins, since coming back in 1999.

boknows34
03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
HhW6nSLSq6Y

Brodeur
03-28-2012, 09:55 PM
0 super bowl.

appearances.

0 playoff wins, since coming back in 1999.

0 Super Bowl Appearances

1 playoff victory since the Super Bowl era began (which was followed up by an absolute anal rape by the Skins in the NFC Championship)

Kase1
03-28-2012, 10:02 PM
LMAO, that video was great

"Tickets they got off of a scalper in the parking lot for 2 Camel menthol lite cigarettes"

PoopSandwich
03-28-2012, 10:21 PM
0 Super Bowl Appearances

1 playoff victory since the Super Bowl era began (which was followed up by an absolute anal rape by the Skins in the NFC Championship)

At least you're decent now and have something to look forward to.

Complex
03-28-2012, 10:37 PM
0 Super Bowl Appearances

Your team's/organization fault for that record. Poor Browns fans, their team sucks and the have crappy uniforms.

Mufasa
03-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Sounds like being a Niners fan before the Harbaugh hire.
5 Super Bowl wins...

3 Super Bowl appearances, 1 win

Shut up

TheBoyWonder22
03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
At least the Browns have a defense. You could be the Jags...

Asteinebach
03-29-2012, 05:28 AM

:lol:

Back in '92, my father made me a $100 bet that the Lions would win a Super Bowl by 2000. Here we are....2012. Patience young padawan.

Brent
03-29-2012, 05:35 AM
5 Super Bowl wins...
yeah, 'cause I am totally old enough to remember any before '94.

WCH
03-29-2012, 08:21 AM
The tragedy, here, is the "Art Model moves team to Baltimore; team wins a Super Bowl a few years later as the Ravens" backstory.

That had to sting...

Crazy_Chris
03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
isnt this the same guy that did the Cleveland Tourist video? it sounded like the same singing in the cat video.

edit: i found them. they're pretty funny too

oZzgAjjuqZM

ysmLA5TqbIY

lol, at least we're not Detroit!

I didn't notice that, but it is the same guy. He has made some funny ass videos. :lol:

Iamcanadian
03-29-2012, 03:14 PM
It is really sad being a Brown's fan at this time, it could be years before we see any improvement.

Rosebud
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM

I really hope not. **** Cleveland.

fear the elf
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I really hope not. **** Cleveland.

bite me

here is a duck :duck:

Rosebud
03-29-2012, 03:48 PM
bite me

here is a duck :duck:

Like I would accept a filthy, Cleveland area duck...

Crazy_Chris
03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
tRBDMMVctu8

His rant on the Browns.

Here is a couple of his other videos...

pLefo0fn96o

CkoMbxHQmuM

Do yourself a favor and search Mike Polk on Youtube.

Halsey
03-30-2012, 08:06 AM
I haven't watched a ton of Osweiler, but if the Browns took Richardson at 4 and then got Osweiler some time later, I would feel optimistic for them. They could give McCoy another year and Osweiler could sit and learn. Richardson adds a potential elite NFL RB to a franchise that needs something to generate excitement and positive momentum.

bucfan12
03-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Browns need to stop passing on, well, elite caliber guys. It just seems to me, that last year, they had a perfect opportunity to draft Julio Jones, but passed on him for a trade and ended up with Phil Taylor and WR Greg Little with those picks. To me, that's awful. Even though Taylor was solid, they passed on what could have been an elite prospect.

They missed out on the Robert Baylor trade , but I give them the credit for attempting. However, if they take Tanehill at 4 just to take a QB, then this team will be set back. As a Buc fan, I hope they make that mistake so we can take Richardson. But the easy choice and get an elite player is to take Richardson. If they don't do that, it'll make me think they're trying to lose or something.

BeerBaron
03-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Robert Baylor.

Heh. Seems legit.

fear the elf
03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Browns need to stop passing on, well, elite caliber guys. It just seems to me, that last year, they had a perfect opportunity to draft Julio Jones, but passed on him for a trade and ended up with Phil Taylor and WR Greg Little with those picks. To me, that's awful. Even though Taylor was solid, they passed on what could have been an elite prospect.

They missed out on the Robert Baylor trade , but I give them the credit for attempting. However, if they take Tanehill at 4 just to take a QB, then this team will be set back. As a Buc fan, I hope they make that mistake so we can take Richardson. But the easy choice and get an elite player is to take Richardson. If they don't do that, it'll make me think they're trying to lose or something.

This FO has traded away from "elite" talent one time.

In the first year they drafted Joe Haden. In the second year they traded down.

People need to stop acting like this FO is the same one that traded away from Mark Sanchez and drafted Alex Mack instead.

Also, I doubt Julio would have been the difference last year. We are a bad team, but now we'll have Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, #22, and #118.

Smooth Criminal
03-30-2012, 09:08 AM

It'll happen evertually when they stumble upon a good QB. But as long as that fan base tries to convince me that guys like Charlie Frye and Colt McCoy are the QBs of the future they will suck.

Just look at how many top 10 picks they've had without taking a QB. They've always accepted whatever young, mediocre to below average arm they've had there as the future. All the while passing on guys that have come to lead teams to the playoffs.

Smooth Criminal
03-30-2012, 09:19 AM
This FO has traded away from "elite" talent one time.

In the first year they drafted Joe Haden. In the second year they traded down.

People need to stop acting like this FO is the same one that traded away from Mark Sanchez and drafted Alex Mack instead.

Also, I doubt Julio would have been the difference last year. We are a bad team, but now we'll have Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, #22, and #118.

I don't think they traded away from talent, hell id rather have Mack than Sanchez, they have always seemed to pass on a QB to get another player.

In 2004 the took a TE over a potential franchise QB from Ohio in Roethlisberger.
2005 took an amazing WR prospect over a potential franchise QB in Rodgers who many thought should have gone #1.
2007 they again picked the position player, but then went back and got Quinn. Applaud them for finally trying, but that didn't work out either.
2008 was basically spent on Quinn.
2009 they traded out of the ability to get Sanchez or Freeman for a position player.
2010 they had no shot, only Bradford had a first round grade.
2011 They traded down, again I agree with the move.

Basically the only two a fault them for are Ben and Rodgers. They did make the pick of Quinn in 07 and it didn't work out, but I won't blame them for finally trying. In 09, 10, and 11 I don't think there were QBs worth taking that they could have gotten so I don't blame there there either.

Just seems to be some unfortunate positioning in the draft lately where they havn't had a shot at an elite QB without trading up. And its hard to trade up on a team that has so many holes. And that trend seems to be happening again as I don't look at Tannehill as the savior either.

Iamcanadian
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't think they traded away from talent, hell id rather have Mack than Sanchez, they have always seemed to pass on a QB to get another player.

In 2004 the took a TE over a potential franchise QB from Ohio in Roethlisberger.
2005 took an amazing WR prospect over a potential franchise QB in Rodgers who many thought should have gone #1.
2007 they again picked the position player, but then went back and got Quinn. Applaud them for finally trying, but that didn't work out either.
2009 they traded out of the ability to get Sanchez or Freeman for a position player.

Basically the only two a fault them for are Ben and Rodgers. They did make the pick of Quinn in 07 and it didn't work out, but I won't blame them for finally trying. In 09, 10, and 11 I don't think there were QBs worth taking that they could have gotten so I don't blame there there either.

Just seems to be some unfortunate positioning in the draft lately where they havn't had a shot at an elite QB without trading up. And its hard to trade up on a team that has so many holes. And that trend seems to be happening again as I don't look at Tannehill as the savior either.

This sounds good until you look at this draft. They were in a far better position than Washington to trade up for RG111 and simply missed the boat by low balling St. Louis. Also, if Sanchez has a solid year, the trade for Mack will look ridiculous.
Excuses simply don't cut it in the NFL, the solid teams with good management personnel, find a way to get the job done. Cleveland finds a way to blow it every year.

WCH
03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
This sounds good until you look at this draft. They were in a far better position than Washington to trade up for RG111 and simply missed the boat by low balling St. Louis. Also, if Sanchez has a solid year, the trade for Mack will look ridiculous.
Excuses simply don't cut it in the NFL, the solid teams with good management personnel, find a way to get the job done. Cleveland finds a way to blow it every year.

Remember that they also traded down again, and Tampa used that pick on Josh Freeman.

fear the elf
03-30-2012, 09:38 AM

I think that's a fair analysis of recent draft history, my only argument would be that only 2010 and 2011 where under the watch of the current front office of Holmgren and Heckert.

Looking back on it, some bad decisions were definitely made, but those were under the watch of other guys like Phil Savage, and shouldn't be attributed to what is happening now.

I have infinitely more faith in Heckert than any other GM since the team returned.

fear the elf
03-30-2012, 09:43 AM

They didn't low ball St. Louis, Washington just high balled them (or whatever the opposite would be).

We'll see how it plays out, but RG3 hasn't proven anything yet. Just because everyone seems to think he can't miss doesn't mean it's true. He could turn out just average for whatever reason, and the three first round picks we keep because we didn't make the deal could be future HoF's. Nobody knows.

You've harped on the Sanchez/Mack thing forever, just let it go. It was a different front office then.

PoopSandwich
03-30-2012, 04:50 PM

Sanchez blows and will never win a super bowl with his talent (Jets d would have to carry him hard). That trade with the Jets was bad because we got a bunch of washed up pieces of **** and a second rounder who we used on David ******* Veikune... Mack is good though and is a better center than Sanchez is a QB, I would rather not have to wait for Sanchez to ultimately fail.

BuckeyeDan17
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
This thread is causing me consider jumping off my balcony.

As a Browns fan the word win does not register in my mind.

bucfan12
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM

Sanchez would need to have more than a solid year for them to regret taking him at 5. He needs to be a top 10 QB before they regret that decision. To me, that was the smartest thing they did and in Sanchez's first 3 seasons, last year, 2011, was his best. Not saying much from a guy who started day 1.

Flyboy
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM
I haven't watched a ton of Osweiler, but if the Browns took Richardson at 4 and then got Osweiler some time later, I would feel optimistic for them. They could give McCoy another year and Osweiler could sit and learn. Richardson adds a potential elite NFL RB to a franchise that needs something to generate excitement and positive momentum.

Even then they are still lacking talent at the WR position by quite a bit...

mdmgrand
04-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I cannot fault the Browns for taking Braylon Edwards and Joe Thomas, those were two top five picks that made sense at time and for the future. The Sanchez trade had on Cloud 9 until I realized that they did not get a future first but instead got a bunch of backups that Mangini thought would work out.

This year they cannot afford to lose out on Claiborne, Richardson, Kalil or Blackmon (and obviously Griffin or Luck, but that's not going to happen). They need the overall talent of these guys. Here is the case on all four of these players.

Claiborne - Would provide an amazing cover corner. He and Haden would compliment each other well. Haden plays like a ball hawk and Claiborne (eventually) would erase the top receiver.

Richardson - He would give the Browns a Pro Bowl caliber, bowling ball of a Running Back. Hardesty and Richardson would provide a physical running brand to help the Browns out in November and December.

Kalil - A Blue Chip Offensive Tackle that would be awesome opposite of Thomas. I admit this is awfully high to draft a person who would basically be a RT, but you cannot pass up talent like this, especially to pair with Thomas and Mack.

Blackmon - While I am not very high on Blackmon as a true gamebreaker, I do believe his skillset fits into the offense very well. Would be great on screens, slants, and jump balls. He and Little would provide a very physical brand of WR play.

These four players pair very well with what the Browns currently have on the roster, and they all fill holes.

We all know that the Browns will somehow screw this up. It has happened way too often. They will probably trade down to accumulate picks and then pick up Tannehill. This is why it sucks being a Browns fan, they always try to outsmart the draft and Free Agency like the great teams do (Packers, Eagles, Steelers and Patriots), but those teams have Elite Talent.

yodabear
04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
5 Super Bowl wins...

3 Super Bowl appearances, 1 win

Shut up

In H-B's defense, our team now is so ******* bad, its like really bad hangover that makes us forget that and the whole GSOT thing...

And this video is freeking hilarious...I so wish I was not in a public computer lab so I could LMAO...

PoopSandwich
04-02-2012, 10:17 AM
The Browns never even got a hangover we basically got in a car wreck thrown out the front window over a bridge and we're just constantly falling going OH **** OH **** OH **** OH **** GOD DAMMIT

bearsfan_51
04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Also, being a Browns fan typically means you are also an Indians and Cavs fan. I managed to avoid caring about the Browns growing up in Ohio, but the grief of being a Cleveland fan is undoubtedly worse than any other city.

bearsfan_51
04-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Also, here's another Mike Polk entry.

lsMALppn9J8

bearsfan_51
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
And this:

07X9MxoL3YI

brat316
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Browns franchise got shut down....and then brought backs cause the NFL felt bad they were already in Cleveland.

j05son
04-04-2012, 03:01 AM

I wish you were banned from talking about the Browns.

Anyhow, we didn't low ball St. Louis. In fact Holmgren was quite upset we didn't land the trade. He stated our offer was every bit of Washington's. He even went on a rant about Shanny and Fisher being friends and taking the friend deal over ours. A respectable guy like Holmgren making an accusation like that was out of pure frustration - showing he intended to get RG3.

You've been talking about Sanchez for years now. If he can't succeed with what he has in New York he wouldn't have a chance in Cleveland. Also, he's bad - his "extension" was purely cap relief this year and able to cut him with minimal loss.

Cleveland blows it because they fire everyone and we go through a new 5 year plan but only get 2 to 3 years out of it and start all over. If we continue to listen to idiotic ramblings (much like yours to have Lerner sell the team) we're continue down that road and continue to be bad.

Give Holmgren and Heckert a chance and we will be good. They've been successful in the past and we're hitting on our draft picks. We're not making "sexy" free agent moves but we've been making stable ones with those 2 at the helms. Watson, Fujita, and Brown have all helped and we've been doing well drafting. Frostee Rucker has some impressive stats from PFF (pro football focus) about him being the best statistical run stopper in the league last year. Plus they'e made it clear we're building the team through the draft and are sticking to that plan.

Iamcanadian
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I wish you were banned from talking about the Browns.

Anyhow, we didn't low ball St. Louis. In fact Holmgren was quite upset we didn't land the trade. He stated our offer was every bit of Washington's. He even went on a rant about Shanny and Fisher being friends and taking the friend deal over ours. A respectable guy like Holmgren making an accusation like that was out of pure frustration - showing he intended to get RG3.

You can believe whatever you want but IMO, Holmgren's excuses sound hollow to me after he publicly stated that he wouldn't part with the 22 pick in this year's draft then tried to make a late run after St. Louis and Washington had completed their trade.

You've been talking about Sanchez for years now. If he can't succeed with what he has in New York he wouldn't have a chance in Cleveland. Also, he's bad - his "extension" was purely cap relief this year and able to cut him with minimal loss.

And for years now we have had nothing at QB while Sanchez has been to 2 conference finals and we have drafted in the top ten year after year.

Cleveland blows it because they fire everyone and we go through a new 5 year plan but only get 2 to 3 years out of it and start all over. If we continue to listen to idiotic ramblings (much like yours to have Lerner sell the team) we're continue down that road and continue to be bad.

And what makes you think Lerner won't panic again and fire Heckert and Holmgren after we win 2-6 games again for the 3rd year under their guidence. You really think our fan base will continue to sell out the stadium with McCoy at QB.

Give Holmgren and Heckert a chance and we will be good. They've been successful in the past and we're hitting on our draft picks. We're not making "sexy" free agent moves but we've been making stable ones with those 2 at the helms. Watson, Fujita, and Brown have all helped and we've been doing well drafting. Frostee Rucker has some impressive stats from PFF (pro football focus) about him being the best statistical run stopper in the league last year. Plus they'e made it clear we're building the team through the draft and are sticking to that plan.

We are going to win between 2 and 6 games next year and our drafts have been only average the last 2 seasons even if you think they have been solid.
Holmgren has never been anything but a HC before he took this job and Heckert never was in charge of much before either so in reality, they haven't done it before and what are you going to say if they fail again to land a franchise QB next year.

The Brown have basically stunk since 1999 when Lerner bought the team, that's 13 years ago. How long do you give an owner before you say he is a problem, remove the rose coloured glasses because our situation isn't pretty and after we failed to land RG111, it isn't getting any better, and I'm sorry but I blame Holmgren for his failure to land RG111 no matter what his excuses are. Excuses are for losers and I guarantee you we will be a loser next season.

ChiFan24
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
You'll always have this:

http://d2nxvnj9b2h8rk.cloudfront.net/archive/x2105825241/g12c00000000000000088087d51889c6b01f05f679da80bb61 25c94fe30.jpg

That ended well, right?

stlouisfan37
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I find it to be hilarious that all you guys want to rub it in the Browns' faces when they are down. But the Cleveland Browns had the greatest dynasty in the history of pro football and that will never be erased. Hang in there Brownies...your day will come again.

bearsfan_51
04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
But the Cleveland Browns had the greatest dynasty in the history of pro football and that will never be erased.
Waa??

I actually like the Browns, but that's a little over the top. The Browns in the 50s were pretty great, but better than the 60s Packers, the 70s Steelers, the 80s Niners, the 90s Cowboys, or the 00s Patriots? I dunno about that.

stlouisfan37
04-04-2012, 09:56 PM
From 1946 to 1955 the Cleveland Browns went to 10 straight Championship games (4 in the AAFC, 6 in the NFL) and won 7 of them. It's a feat that will never be accomplished again.

And don't even bother with the argument that they won 4 of those championships in another league. When they joined the NFL in 1950 they destroyed everyone.

Meanwhile at that time the Steelers were perennial doormats, and the Packers were so bad the entire league was wishing they would either move or fold.

bearsfan_51
04-04-2012, 10:11 PM
From 1946 to 1955 the Cleveland Browns went to 10 straight Championship games (4 in the AAFC, 6 in the NFL) and won 7 of them. It's a feat that will never be accomplished again.

And don't even bother with the argument that they won 4 of those championships in another league. When they joined the NFL in 1950 they destroyed everyone.

Meanwhile at that time the Steelers were perennial doormats, and the Packers were so bad the entire league was wishing they would either move or fold.
The AAFC was a joke of a league, so I will bring that up.

And bringing up how good the Steelers were in the 50s is as relevant as bringing up how the Browns are now. The 50s Browns were great, and I have a lot of appreciation for the pre-Super Bowl era. But best team ever? Nah. It's a lot easier to win 3 championships when you're in a league with far fewer teams.

YAYareaRB
04-04-2012, 10:12 PM
ysmLA5TqbIY

oZzgAjjuqZM

TACKLE
04-04-2012, 10:25 PM
The Browns are the Toby Flenderson of the NFL.

Brown Leader
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
The AAFC was a joke of a league, so I will bring that up.

And bringing up how good the Steelers were in the 50s is as relevant as bringing up how the Browns are now. The 50s Browns were great, and I have a lot of appreciation for the pre-Super Bowl era. But best team ever? Nah. It's a lot easier to win 3 championships when you're in a league with far fewer teams.

He didn't say they were the best team ever. He said this.. greatest dynasty and this..It's a feat that will never be accomplished again.

Complex
04-05-2012, 12:16 AM
No one cares about the 1950 browns.

ChiFan24
04-05-2012, 12:21 AM
He's gonna score!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/painful_moments_in_sports/09/09/Earnest.Byner.Browns/Earnest-Byner.gif

ChiFan24
04-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Okay I'm done. At least you have Joe Haden.

j05son
04-05-2012, 12:49 AM
We are going to win between 2 and 6 games next year and our drafts have been only average the last 2 seasons even if you think they have been solid.
Holmgren has never been anything but a HC before he took this job and Heckert never was in charge of much before either so in reality, they haven't done it before and what are you going to say if they fail again to land a franchise QB next year.

The Brown have basically stunk since 1999 when Lerner bought the team, that's 13 years ago. How long do you give an owner before you say he is a problem, remove the rose coloured glasses because our situation isn't pretty and after we failed to land RG111, it isn't getting any better, and I'm sorry but I blame Holmgren for his failure to land RG111 no matter what his excuses are. Excuses are for losers and I guarantee you we will be a loser next season.

My favorite part of your posts is your pure hatred for Lerner and you don't even know how long he's owned the team. Seriously go stick to Detroit and posting about them. On behalf of all Browns fans, we're done with you.

Ness
04-05-2012, 01:19 AM
I would like to see the Browns come back. At least look really competitive in a lot of their games. Until they get a quarterback issue solved, it's going to be difficult though.

kalbears13
04-05-2012, 02:35 AM
http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/kicked-in-the-nuts.gif

or even

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1wrxycw8V1qlkly8.jpg

Asteinebach
04-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Seriously, I'm not sure if there have been many Lions references in this thread due to the fact that I skipped page two, but has there been any more hapless and hopeless team than the Detroit Lions...ever?

Let's see, before this past season we went 11 straight years without a playoff birth; Suffered an 0-16 season; Had a 24-game road losing streak; drafted 4 WR's in the first round (3 were enormous busts) from 2000-2010. Had to deal with the Joey Harrington error, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Ernie Sims, Gosder Cherilus, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Shaun Cody, and Teddy Lehman. No team has drafted worse than the Detroit Lions prior to the Martin Mayhew era.

Brothgar
04-05-2012, 09:04 AM
3sDFoJ22sKY

also am I the only one who thinks that the browns are really going in the right direction and if they draft well again this year could be in playoff contention?

BeerBaron
04-05-2012, 09:20 AM
You are easily the only person who thinks that. Colt McCoy is not an NFL starting caliber QB. He couldn't be more firmly pressed against his ceiling if he tried.

That and even with improvements, they're the 4th best team in that division. With great improvements and a failure year out of one of the other teams, they might be able to compete for the 3rd spot.

Brothgar
04-05-2012, 10:25 AM
You are easily the only person who thinks that. Colt McCoy is not an NFL starting caliber QB. He couldn't be more firmly pressed against his ceiling if he tried.

That and even with improvements, they're the 4th best team in that division. With great improvements and a failure year out of one of the other teams, they might be able to compete for the 3rd spot.

I think if they picked up Richardson Wright and Cousins and find another piece in free agency as well as the third round its very possible with the Steelers crumbling the Ravens ancient and the Bengals inconsistent and slightly over rated.

PoopSandwich
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM

While I seriously doubt we are close to playoff contention, and believe we are more likely to pick #1 overall than make the playoffs... With a good haul in this draft Cold could look better. I am one of the people who believe it really doesn't matter who Colt has around him he will still suck despite his work ethic. The Browns did a poor job in free agency this year and are relying heavily on hitting on our first three picks as well as some of the later rounds for some gems. With 13 picks this could be the turning point of our franchise, or it could be another year where we miss on a top tier talent and then get nothing from the later pool of the draft, which we are all too used to.

BeerBaron
04-05-2012, 10:51 AM
While I seriously doubt we are close to playoff contention, and believe we are more likely to pick #1 overall than make the playoffs... With a good haul in this draft Cold could look better. I am one of the people who believe it really doesn't matter who Colt has around him he will still suck despite his work ethic. The Browns did a poor job in free agency this year and are relying heavily on hitting on our first three picks as well as some of the later rounds for some gems. With 13 picks this could be the turning point of our franchise, or it could be another year where we miss on a top tier talent and then get nothing from the later pool of the draft, which we are all too used to.

I'm not sure if you're elaborating more on what I said or if you're slightly disagreeing.

I don't think Colt is going to get much better and I don't think you'll ever be a contending team with him at QB.

The team overall could absolutely get better if you hit on a few of those draft picks, of which you have quite the plethora.

fear the elf
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Look, let me preface this by saying, I don't expect to make the playoffs, nor am I really optimistic for this team. That said, I do think that improvements are being made and that we are heading in the right direction.

I guess I don't see why Colt McCoy means the team is automatically awful. How is he significantly worse than anybody the Bears threw out there between McMahon and Cutler? Some of those teams were decent, and even went to the Super Bowl.

Just because everybody's new favorite phrase is, "it's a passing league", doesn't mean you can't win with defense and running the ball. Well guess what, we have a young and improving defense and could draft Trent Richardson...

So many people on this board think that just because they can regurgitate trending media-speak, that they are automatically correct in their analysis.

Oh the Browns have Colt McCoy? Well they suck because he isn't Manning, Rodgers, Brady, or Roethlisberger. He's played in 20ish games and is 1.5 inches shorter than you'd like. We know all there is to know about him.

Oh, he has no weapons and learned a new offense on his own last offseason? Well, Tom Brady does that stuff all the time. Why can't he stack up to a surefire HoFer?

/rant

So, yeah...6-10 here we come!

BeerBaron
04-05-2012, 11:27 AM
If you manage to create a power run/defense based team with Colt McCoy at QB who manages to go 10-6 and make the playoffs, then congrats.

You've just created a team who will go 10-6 (or so) and might barely make the playoffs each year. At best you'd have the Falcons or Jets of recent years 2.0.

Your QB determines your ceiling. Yes, every so often we see Mark Sanchez's and Alex Smith's sniff the Superbowl. But those teams, especially the 49ers, had to spent years accumulating talent at just about every other position than QB in order to make it work. Teams without great QBs who get anywhere near the Superbowl are in the vast minority. The last 3 Superbowl winners and losers are Eli Manning and Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Ben, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. All 6 are elite QBs in this league.

Additionally their defenses were stacked. The Browns are still a few years off from being at the "stacked" level.

Finally, the Browns are the 4th best team in their division as things stand right now. If you seriously hit some grand slams in the draft and get a few other guys to step up all while the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals fumble their way backwards, you might move up a slot.

Now, if you draft some talented players this year and then trade everything it takes to move up for a top QB next year, we'll talk more about the Browns chances.

bearsfan_51
04-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I think any Browns fans would be incredibly delighted to go 10-6.

BeerBaron
04-05-2012, 11:34 AM

No doubt. But that is the extreme high end of the spectrum requiring an implausibly large amount of things go just right.

Maybe this time they'd actually make the playoffs too.

fear the elf
04-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I get the whole argument. Elite QBs win Super Bowls. But what does that mean for the other 26 teams? They should just pack it in?

It just seems like the major strides in very nearly every other facet of the organization are being totally dismissed because of who the QB is.

It can be...frustrating. :lynched:

fear the elf
04-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Too true. (10)

BeerBaron
04-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I get the whole argument. Elite QBs win Super Bowls. But what does that mean for the other 26 teams? They should just pack it in?

It just seems like the major strides in very nearly every other facet of the organization are being totally dismissed because of who the QB is.

More than 6 teams have QBs that I would say are capable of winning a Superbowl without ridiculous levels of surrounding talent.

If you're not one of those teams, you just get by with who you have until the first opportunity to get someone better comes up. The Browns tried and failed to trade up for Griffin and I'm not sure that any non-Peyton FA QB represented a clear enough upgrade to pursue. That leaves them with McCoy which is unfortunate, but they can continue to build elsewhere for when they do get a franchise caliber QB.

Which, hopefully for you, is next draft. Trade what you have to for a guy with franchise potential. It's worth it in today's league.

bearsfan_51
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM

I agree. I think the Browns have had some excellent drafts that have been really underlooked even by the draftik community.

PoopSandwich
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure if you're elaborating more on what I said or if you're slightly disagreeing.

I don't think Colt is going to get much better and I don't think you'll ever be a contending team with him at QB.

The team overall could absolutely get better if you hit on a few of those draft picks, of which you have quite the plethora.

No I agree with what you are saying. I just said that I think Colt could play better with some pieces around him. He looked better in 2010 than in 2011 when we were able to run the ball. I think T-Richardson and a receiver would open up the offense a lot for us.

Basically, I see Colt's maximum potential turning out to be something like Alex Smith. Manage the game, don't turn the ball over, and let the run game/defense do the work. I think Greg Little can be a pretty good second receiver, we just really need our 22nd pick (if receiver) to turn out and be a stud, because Little as our #2 and Massaquoi (if healthy) could be a serviceable 3.

Lots of questions going into next year for us, should be a very telling season.

BeerBaron
04-05-2012, 11:56 AM
No one should aspire to have Alex Smith as their QB though.

Iamcanadian
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
My favorite part of your posts is your pure hatred for Lerner and you don't even know how long he's owned the team. Seriously go stick to Detroit and posting about them. On behalf of all Browns fans, we're done with you.

Solid argument about the state of the Browns, sure, throw your hands up because you have no argument that offers any real hope for the team.
I am a Brown's fan a lot longer than you, I can actually remember when the Brown's were a great team and did things the right way. You on the other hand are like so many fans on chronic losing teams, you continue to believe that some miracle will happen and that the team will miraculously find stars with incompetent people in charge. Good luck, with you way of thinking, you are going to need a hell of a lot of it.

Ness
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Your QB determines your ceiling. Yes, every so often we see Mark Sanchez's and Alex Smith's sniff the Superbowl. But those teams, especially the 49ers, had to spent years accumulating talent at just about every other position than QB in order to make it work.

Having two terrible coaches set the 49ers back more than anything else. If Mike Singletary is still here, the 49ers don't go 13-3 with all of that talent on the team.

TitanHope
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
He even went on a rant about Shanny and Fisher being friends and taking the friend deal over ours.

This is something I'd easily believe.

stlouisfan37
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Seriously, I'm not sure if there have been many Lions references in this thread due to the fact that I skipped page two, but has there been any more hapless and hopeless team than the Detroit Lions...ever?

Let's see, before this past season we went 11 straight years without a playoff birth; Suffered an 0-16 season; Had a 24-game road losing streak; drafted 4 WR's in the first round (3 were enormous busts) from 2000-2010. Had to deal with the Joey Harrington error, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Ernie Sims, Gosder Cherilus, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Shaun Cody, and Teddy Lehman. No team has drafted worse than the Detroit Lions prior to the Martin Mayhew era.

I challenge you to a duel...the Rams have been absolutely awful.

BuckeyeDan17
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
If we don't hit the nail on the head with this draft we're ******. Straight ******. Lerner will send Holmgren's donut loving fat ass out the door in a year or two and Heckert will be gone and we will be back to square one. Not sure I can do square one again. We need a couple offensive playmakers, some speed at LB and and a right tackle. Doable in this draft since we have the draft picks to do it.

BeerBaron's right though. I've some pretty harsh comments on that little kid we have at quarterback, we won't contend with him. The team can of course get better, but we HAVE to make a play in 2013 for a signal caller. We can make some strides this year, so I am still hopeful we can improve as a team and keep everything in tact. From the FO to the coaching staff although I doubt we'd blow it up after two seasons.

I just want to see an offense worth watching. Our defense wasn't pathetic in 2011 like years past, time to start ******* scoring a little.

PoopSandwich
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
No one should aspire to have Alex Smith as their QB though.

Again I agree. I don't see it at a positive, but that is what I see Colt McCoy's ceiling as. Maybe a bit better if we get lucky and he gets some playmakers... I could see Colt being better with some confidence in the guys he is throwing the ball to, but I doubt he ends up being anything better than a career back-up.

Hopefully I am wrong, would love to see him succeed.

PoopSandwich
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Solid argument about the state of the Browns, sure, throw your hands up because you have no argument that offers any real hope for the team.
I am a Brown's fan a lot longer than you, I can actually remember when the Brown's were a great team and did things the right way. You on the other hand are like so many fans on chronic losing teams, you continue to believe that some miracle will happen and that the team will miraculously find stars with incompetent people in charge. Good luck, with you way of thinking, you are going to need a hell of a lot of it.

And you have some of the most asinine posts I have ever seen related to the Browns ever. You are completely pessimistic in almost everything you say (maybe rightfully so with the Browns).

It doesn't matter how long you have been a fan of a team for, that gets you absolutely nothing. I have been an Indians fan more than most people and grew up on baseball, however that doesn't mean younger fans don't understand the game better than I do right now in this day and age and follow it more closely than I do.

Anyways, let's stay on topic and stop the war of words and talk about the excellent franchise that is the Cleveland Browns and their amazing free agent run this year, and analyze what we are going to do with our 4,738,201 draft picks.

BeerBaron
04-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Again I agree. I don't see it at a positive, but that is what I see Colt McCoy's ceiling as. Maybe a bit better if we get lucky and he gets some playmakers... I could see Colt being better with some confidence in the guys he is throwing the ball to, but I doubt he ends up being anything better than a career back-up.

Hopefully I am wrong, would love to see him succeed.

Colt's lack of a great arm means you need a specific kind of playmaker for him to take advantage of. Someone with major YAC ability.

For instance, Julio Jones looks like he could be a hell of a playmaker, but I don't know that he'll ever maximize it in Atlanta with Ryan at QB. Ryan also lacks the ideal physical tools of a franchise QB (though his are better than McCoy's imo) If you cover the first 10 yards of the field and the medium-range middle of the field, you can completely choke Matt Ryan out. The Giants playoff game was a perfect example of it. They forced him outside and deep and Ryan just couldn't make plays happen.

Iamcanadian
04-06-2012, 01:02 PM
And you have some of the most asinine posts I have ever seen related to the Browns ever. You are completely pessimistic in almost everything you say (maybe rightfully so with the Browns).

It doesn't matter how long you have been a fan of a team for, that gets you absolutely nothing. I have been an Indians fan more than most people and grew up on baseball, however that doesn't mean younger fans don't understand the game better than I do right now in this day and age and follow it more closely than I do.

Anyways, let's stay on topic and stop the war of words and talk about the excellent franchise that is the Cleveland Browns and their amazing free agent run this year, and analyze what we are going to do with our 4,738,201 draft picks.

Agreed but I notice you didn't give the same advice to Jason. We are all Brown's fans and want the best for the team but I am going to remain critical until I see substantial improvement in their win totals.

I'm not happy with the Brown's off season, I'm not prepared to accept Holmgren's excuses as to why he failed to acquire the Ram's 2nd overall pick in order to secure RG111. I'm really pis---d over his failure.

As for McCoy, the Browns play in a WCO which doesn't ask its QB to throw a deep ball very often, a QB in this system should be able to complete well over 60% of his passes to be effective and McCoy just hasn't gotten the job done and really doesn't have the arm strength to be consistent even in this short passing game system. He is nothing more than a solid career backup.

All the talk about Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincy crumbling is not the rhetoric I want to hear, because it is a very unlikely scenario with the solid GM's that Pittsburgh and Baltimore have and Cincy is a very young team. If we are going to beat these teams we will have to get the talent to compete and foremost is finding a franchise QB, something Holmgren blew this off season. I'm just very sad and yes, angry, for the state of my beloved Browns.