View Full Version : Lions Schedule

Maybe This Year Mayhew
04-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Pre-Season Announced

Browns
at Ravens
at Raiders
Bills

Home games suck. Ravens and Raiders will be somewhat interesting.

Fred Savage
04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
You are forgeting our somewhat favorable regular season schedule, NFC West and AFC South

Maybe This Year Mayhew
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Really don't think it's much easier than last year.
Division is tougher IMO as Bears improved with Marshall and Bush and Pack are still Pack and just as capable of sweeping us as we are of splitting with them. Plus Minnesota can't be as bad(plus both games were still close) 3-3 like we did last year is still very tough.
at Philly is a tough game if they get thier talent to play together, we got past at Dallas last year, need to do that again
Atlanta beat us at home last year without Julio Jones, we need redemption.
Lions went 4-0 against AFC West last year and Houston and at Tennesee are tough games to repeat a 4-0 vs AFC.
NFC West at San Fran is very tough so hopefully 3-1. 2-2 last year vs South

10-6 is a tough task again. If Lions put it together 11 or 12 is possible but 10-6 is not a given.

Scotty D
04-05-2012, 09:47 AM
It seems we play the Browns in pre season every year.

Asteinebach
04-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I guess the Ravens' game is National telecast. Good things for the Lions, to see the country is starting to take an interest in Detroit.

Fred Savage
04-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I guess the Ravens' game is National telecast. Good things for the Lions, to see the country is starting to take an interest in Detroit.

Without a doubt. We are the new marketable team. If we continue to play well I think we will be on par with the Steelers, Pats, Packers etc. when it comes to media coverage.

Scotty D
04-18-2012, 12:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cSPKU.png

Mufasa
04-18-2012, 12:37 AM
There's no reason to not be at least 3-1 at the bye. Gets a little harder afterwords, but not too bad. I'd bet on 10 wins still. Most years that's enough for playoffs.

Prowler
04-18-2012, 05:22 AM
The Packers, Texans, and Eagles are the only teams that really bother me on there. I'm thinking we should win 12 but will settle for 10.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
04-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Early bye sucks and playing at Chicago and Green Bay after thier byes. But 5 of 7 at home to close and only one cold weather game.

4 prime time plus Thanksgiving is absolutley awesome. 3 very tough prime time games, Lions better bring it.

Mufasa
04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
The Packers, Texans, and Eagles are the only teams that really bother me on there. I'm thinking we should win 12 but will settle for 10.

I expect a split with the Bears, and the 49ers won't be easy.

Prowler
04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Win-@ Rams
Contested@49ers
Win-Titans
Win-Vikings
Bye
Contested-@Eagles
Contested-@Bears
Win-Seahawks
Win-@Jaguars
Win-@Vikings
Contested-Packers
Contested-Texans
Win-Colts
Loss@Packers
Win-@Cardinals
Contested-Falcons
Contested-Bears

8 Wins 1 Loss 7 Contested Games

We'll take 3-4 of those contested games, but give up one of our 'Wins'. I'm feeling great about this season. I'm not scared of the Texans, Falcons, or Bears in Detroit. I also expect us to get up for that 49ers game and the Packers.

Scotty D
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Early bye sucks and playing at Chicago and Green Bay after thier byes. But 5 of 7 at home to close and only one cold weather game.

4 prime time plus Thanksgiving is absolutley awesome. 3 very tough prime time games, Lions better bring it.

Take it for what its worth but on ESPN radio today Mark Schlereth said he likes the early bye. The bye works because of training camp and pre-season plus the first set of games. He said once it gets late in the season it doesn't even really make a difference.