PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Mafia TOWN WINS!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

CashmoneyDrew
04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
If you are actually important, someone will protect you. Or even if you aren't protected, I doubt the bad guys would choose to kill you as you would at the very lest be a prime candidate for protection.

Think about why it would be so dangerous for evil to know my role day 1 and now at this point in the game when they might actually be close to a majority and then get back to me.

CashmoneyDrew
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
This isn't the HP game. We are VERY far behind the bad guys. I have a role worth keeping them guessing. Perhaps it isn't as powerful as I am making it seem, allowing them to not target a more powerful character. Perhaps it is powerful and not sharing it makes them question if it is.

This is what I'm trying to stress if you haven't picked up on it by now why this isn't a good time for me to come out with my role. That and why I would be so panicked on day 1.

ImBrotherCain
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Drew you are really damning yourself. Either reveal or this is a sure fire thing.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
This is what I'm trying to stress if you haven't picked up on it by now why this isn't a good time for me to come out with my role. That and why I would be so panicked on day 1.

It isn't a good time to reveal your role because you are evil dude. Let it go. It is do or die time. I would stake a crap ton of money right now that you are evil.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
vote: CMD

Please reveal your role.

CashmoneyDrew
04-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Fine you jerks, I'm Theodred, Second Marshall of Riddermark. I'm bulletproof, so I can't be killled at night.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-09-2012, 05:19 PM
How does that help the town at all?

Rob S
04-09-2012, 05:20 PM
You have no choice, Drew. It's reveal or die. If you are good you shouldn't send yourself to slaughter here.

Shane P. Hallam
Fine you jerks, I'm Theodred, Second Marshall of Riddermark. I'm bulletproof, so I can't be killled at night.

I am now 100% sure CMD is evil. Please trust me. Based on my info at night, it is 100%. This is a downright lie from him.

Gay Ork Wang
Im inclined to believe him actually...

but if shane says about his info i guess

Lynch CMD

ImBrotherCain
Yeah Drew... Thats kinda ********. How is that an awesome power?

Vote: Drew

Rob S

So the only way you die is via lynching? Doubtful.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:21 PM
And to add onto that, revealing a bulletproof role makes CMD a target? He can't die at night! Why was he so worried? Jeez, you messed up man.

ATLDirtyBirds
I agree, there would be more to his role than just not being able to be killed at night. Not buying it.

vote: CMD

Snicho
I dont understand why he couldnt reveal that earlier. If he cant die at night then what was the big issue?

Rob S
04-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Should we wait to hear from grizz? If he knows another bad guy 100% it makes sense to kill them, RB Drew and kill him tomorrow.

UKfan
If that is true CMD, why would you be so nervous of revealing it? If you are good and you cant die at night, all you have to do is live out the days and you are gold.

At this time a **** ton of evil would have to out themselves to have you die if that was your role

CashmoneyDrew
And to add onto that, revealing a bulletproof role makes CMD a target? He can't die at night! Why was he so worried? Jeez, you messed up man.

You idiot. Look at the times I've been worried and see why I would be worried. Day one where people lynch on nothing. And now Day 3 when we're so far behind?

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
You idiot. Look at the times I've been worried and see why I would be worried. Day one where people lynch on nothing. And now Day 3 when we're so far behind?

Lol, trust me, I'm not the idiot here.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Lol, trust me, I'm not the idiot here.

http://i.imgur.com/qB7b6.gif

CashmoneyDrew
So now I'm gonna be lynched and we're gonna lose one more good guy when we didn't have to.

Awesome plan guys.

Caddy
Theodred is in my opinion, a less valuable and less important character than Denethor.

comahan
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
With 8 votes in on CMD, something odd has occurred! In a cloud of sinister looking black smoke that falls from the clouds, he has vanished from the council, and is no longer able to be lynched today! You must choose a new victim!

Caddy
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok I think I know what that means...

ImBrotherCain
04-09-2012, 05:27 PM
WTF? (10 Char)

UKfan
04-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Ok then... are we required to write in an un-vote, or just vote again?

Either way at this point I guess we need Grizz to come forward if he can

ImBrotherCain
04-09-2012, 05:28 PM
This is going to be another He who must not be named situation again isnt it.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
So now I'm gonna be lynched and we're gonna lose one more good guy when we didn't have to.

Awesome plan guys.

You aren't good, it is time to come off of it. Want to share who some of your friends are? I get the feeling once I find out your ACTUAL role I will know another one of the evil guys, so any protection, I'd appreciate. Just for one night.

Caddy
Might as well admit who you actually are CMD. Although anyone with a working knowledge of LOTR knows.

Brodeur
Welp, sorry Shane for doubting you.

Todd Bertuzzi

I was just thinking the same thing. This game is crazy haha. First DG offs himself midday, now this.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-09-2012, 05:30 PM

Yup. Which means the bulletproof thing actually is true.

UKfan
Nvm.......

Rob S
CMD is the last to die for them.

Shane P. Hallam
If he is Sauron or whatever and sent one of his minions to do stuff, then I know who another baddie is.

If he actually affected this person though, they may be good though, so it is a bit risky. That being said, he targeted the same person two nights in a row, and not someone who showcased themselves to be very powerful, thus why I think the targeted person is evil.

Bulldogs
04-09-2012, 05:31 PM
What the ****, I just finished reading through two pages of CMD's bs and now we can't lynch him...

Rob S
04-09-2012, 05:31 PM
If he is Sauron or whatever and sent one of his minions to do stuff, then I know who another baddie is.

We are all ears.

Bulldogs
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Please reveal. Also, if he is Sauron, does that mean he can not be lynched until all his teammates are gone ala Voldemort?

UKfan
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM

If he actually affected this person though, they may be good though, so it is a bit risky. That being said, he targeted the same person two nights in a row, and not someone who showcased themselves to be very powerful, thus why I think the targeted person is evil.

Ooooh, willing to throw it out there? Could be our alternative target for tonight. I think at this point you are likely to be a target requiring protection anyway. But I understand if you would be hesitant to do so after what you have already done.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:34 PM
It is Gonzo. CMD targeted Gonzo BOTH nights, twice in a row. Seems very odd to do unless he was sending him out on kills (though Ngata killed fenikz according to Grizz, so I am unsure). But Gonzo didn't really ADD anything, I went back and read all of his posts. He wouldn't be someone to roleblock per say. I think Gonzo is evil due to that, thus why I really wanted to see CMD's role/power before revealing this, ugh.

Things only get more difficult from here.

I'll add three more suspicions based off of nothing but intuition:

1. Deep, as everyone else has said, he seems wishy washy but has voted correctly. Deep is smart enough to pull this off though, so I thin he could be evil and is using a bit of slight of hand

2. Cain

3. Bulldogs

Both 2 and 3 were basically asking me to reveal my stuff much earlier than they should. Compare that to say CJ who had some willingness to believe. If they were evil and knew CMD was, knowing he'd get torched, it would make sense they would want me to reveal as well to decide exactly my power. Just throwing it out there, no other basis.

Bulldogs
Ooooh, willing to throw it out there? Could be our alternative target for tonight. I think at this point you are likely to be a target requiring protection anyway. But I understand if you would be hesitant to do so after what you have already done.

Yeah, at this point Shane and Grizz need to be protected. We haven't heard from Grizz yet, so either he's been silenced or he just doesn't know the thread is open.

Caddy
that makes no sense in the storyline.

I assume we'd have to destroy the ring or something.

Bulldogs
04-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I assume we'd have to destroy the ring or something.

I'm just not exactly sure how you could do that? And njx, what other explanation is there for a lynch just being void?

Caddy
It is Gonzo. CMD targeted Gonzo BOTH nights, twice in a row. Seems very odd to do unless he was sending him out on kills (though Ngata killed fenikz according to Grizz, so I am unsure). But Gonzo didn't really ADD anything, I went back and read all of his posts. He wouldn't be someone to roleblock per say. I think Gonzo is evil due to that, thus why I really wanted to see CMD's role/power before revealing this, ugh.

I am VERY interested to see what Gonzo has to add. I can't think of any reason you would target someone twice in a row so early in a game.

Brodeur

I doubted you once, can't afford to do it again.

Vote: Gonzo

Bulldogs
04-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Okay, so clearly CMD was lying about his power. What we need to figure out is why would he target Gonzo two nights in a row. He wouldn't role block his own teammate so either Gonzo is good or he has a different power.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, at this point Shane and Grizz need to be protected. We haven't heard from Grizz yet, so either he's been silenced or he just doesn't know the thread is open.

And Gandalf probably needs protected since the bad guys know who he is and his role, lol.

CJSchneider
04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I was thinking he was Wormtounge.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Okay, so clearly CMD was lying about his power. What we need to figure out is why would he target Gonzo two nights in a row. He wouldn't role block his own teammate so either Gonzo is good or he has a different power.

My thought is sending Gonzo to do his bidding of some type, thus why target both nights

Caddy
04-09-2012, 05:39 PM
meh, the horcruxes i get... i guess the rest of evil could 'sub' for the ring.

Maybe there is some kind of game within a game only Frodo knows about. A certain trigger happens, the ring is destroyed and we can kill Sauron. I imagine there is at least something like that blocking us from outright lynching him.

DeepThreat
The question then becomes how many protectors we have.

CJSchneider

I'm with ya, Shane.

DeepThreat
04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe there is some kind of game within a game only Frodo knows about. A certain trigger happens, the ring is destroyed and we can kill Sauron. I imagine there is at least something like that blocking us from outright lynching him.

This is the type of thing Commie would do.

The one thing I can guarantee is that the rules of the game will follow the plot of the books.

Shane P. Hallam
I am VERY interested to see what Gonzo has to add. I can't think of any reason you would target someone twice in a row so early in a game.

Yes, I want to hear it too. I'm sure he will claim ignorance, but I'd love to get the insight of Renji, Caddy, Brodeur, Cain etc. about WHY someone would be targeted twice in a row in this game.

I'm not QUITE ready to vote for Gonzo, we can and should wait for Grizz and make sure Gonzo is bad, but I've been trying to figure out the reasoning to target someone twice in a row, I figured the person targeting had to be evil (CMD,) and then the person targeted? Something seems fishy.

ATLDirtyBirds
I think we need to follow Shane's lead here:

vote: gonzo

And just on the subject of suspicion, Deep did seem to be playing along with CMD's excuse of "being too excited" or whatever. I'm not positive Deep is evil, but his play has been extremely suspicious. At least one of he and Todd are evil. No doubt.

DeepThreat
04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Also, Lynch Gonzo

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
haven't the faintest. i haven't played enough of these to understand half of the roles that were posted for the dead players so far.

i'd like to hear from gonzo before voting, since it seems like there could be other reasons for him being targeted, but i'm inclined to believe you're pulling a vidae from the werewolves game right now.

Let me be very clear, I only have figured out ONE evil person and think it is very ODD Gonzo was targeted twice in a row. I have no real PROOF Gonzo is evil nor do I know it to be fact. I say we take it easy for now and not rush into this. I was comfortable rushing into CMD, but not Gonzo. I have no flippin' clue about him, just that if CMD had an actual power to hurt someone, you think he would use it on a more vocal person (i.e. myself,) before Gonzo.

Caddy
04-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes, I want to hear it too. I'm sure he will claim ignorance, but I'd love to get the insight of Renji, Caddy, Brodeur, Cain etc. about WHY someone would be targeted twice in a row in this game.

I'm not QUITE ready to vote for Gonzo, we can and should wait for Grizz and make sure Gonzo is bad, but I've been trying to figure out the reasoning to target someone twice in a row, I figured the person targeting had to be evil (CMD,) and then the person targeted? Something seems fishy.

It's entirely possible that CMD is using Gonzo as his assassin. Although, I'm not 100% sold on this idea. When I was modding it isn't the result that I would have given. Perhaps Deep can give us insight into this particular issue.

Otherwise I don't know why you would target someone twice in a row so early in the game. Maybe if you knew there role and really wanted them dead you would try it, but I don't think that is plausible on the first few nights.

Gay Ork Wang
Maybe a framer?

Bulldogs
Lynch: Dr. Gonzo

I'm going to suggest nobody else votes to lynch him until he speaks, like everybody else I'm going to at least give him a shot to explain. Also, are we going to wait on Grizz or just move on?

ImBrotherCain

The only thing I can think of for a double target besides what you said is either an investigation that might have failed or a role blocker.

Drew is new to the game, I know that Gonzo has screwed over the bad guys in the HP game and the Werewolf game... Could be some precaution?

Other than that I am not sure.

DeepThreat
Let me be very clear, I only have figured out ONE evil person and think it is very ODD Gonzo was targeted twice in a row. I have no real PROOF Gonzo is evil nor do I know it to be fact. I say we take it easy for now and not rush into this. I was comfortable rushing into CMD, but not Gonzo. I have no flippin' clue about him, just that if CMD had an actual power to hurt someone, you think he would use it on a more vocal person (i.e. myself,) before Gonzo.

The only other explanation for CMD acting on Gonzo twice is, IMO, if CMD is a role blocker. And even then, Gonzo would be an odd choice since we know of other seers.

Dr. Gonzo
Okay, on break. WTF. Just caught up. **** you Drew. I ask not evil and I have no idea why he targeted me both nights. I don't know what else you want me to say? I guess since I an getting votes I will reveal that I can investigate but not every night.

Rob S
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
I say we wait for Grizz. I am not 100% comfortable voting for Gonzo yet.

Caddy
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
A roleblocker wouldn't have targeted Gonzo twice, given the fact that several other people were much more deserving of a block.

comahan
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
10 for majority

- Gonzo (5) : Brodeur, CJ, ATL, Deep, Bulldogs

Gay Ork Wang
Framer????

ImBrotherCain
A roleblocker wouldn't have targeted Gonzo twice, given the fact that several other people were much more deserving of a block.

I agree with you but its not like Drew has played the game rationally either.

DeepThreat
04-09-2012, 05:49 PM

That was my thought as well.

I'm struggling to come up with a legitimate explanation.

ImBrotherCain
04-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Framer????

This was JBonds original theory

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
But is Gonzo really someone to frame either? Twice for that matter?

Todd Bertuzzi
04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I think there are two distinct possibilities right now:

1. Drew is a framer.

2. Drew investigated(or whatever his real role may be) Gonzo night one and was roleblocked and decided he would try again night two.

Caddy
Gonzo is half way to a lynching, so he might want to contribute a bit more...

Dr. Gonzo

I have to think he isn't a role blocker. Not sure what else he can do. I will say that night one I investigated Vidae. Last night I investigate Bulldogs and he came back evil. anted to part that but had to wait for break since I keep getting in trouble for using my phone at work haha. Sorry guys.

Vote: Bulldogs

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2012, 05:53 PM
dude, your phone's auto correct is just awful.

It really is and now my break is done so I an stealthily writing.

Caddy
04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I have to think he isn't a role blocker. Not sure what else he can do. I will say that night one I investigated Vidae. Last night I investigate Bulldogs and he came back evil. anted to part that but had to wait for break since I keep getting in trouble for using my phone at work haha. Sorry guys.

This takes the roleblocker line of reasoning out of play.

Gay Ork Wang
04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Gonzo, gimme your role name

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
This takes the roleblocker line of reasoning out of play.

Ya I wasnt role blocked. Maybe he just really wanted to frame me haha. ******.

DeepThreat
04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
anyone think there's any merit?

It sounds somewhat legitimate. I don't know what to think. If it were anyone other than CMD on the other end, I'd be convinced Gonzo was making this up...

UKfan
I'm kinda convinced by Gonzo, usually when people claim the investigative role and they arent they roll out names already known and he is throwing Bulldogs under the bus. More curious about this not being able to do it every night thing though, since he appears to have night one and two...

Shane P. Hallam
Up to everyone else. I am fine with waiting for Grizz really, if he has no info, we will have to make a choice.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm kinda convinced by Gonzo, usually when people claim the investigative role and they arent they roll out names already known and he is throwing Bulldogs under the bus. More curious about this not being able to do it every night thing though, since he appears to have night one and two...

I concur with the last part and wonder why he didn't reveal this in his initial phone post. Pretty big info to hide!

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2012, 05:58 PM

I can use it three times. I am Imrahil which may be why.

Caddy
04-09-2012, 05:59 PM

If Denethor and Theodred weren't in the game, why would Imrahil be in it?

UKfan
Alright am pretty happy with that and I need to head to sleep.

Shane P. Hallam

Ugh, I hate when people say they are roles I have barely heard of. Seems shady. Whatev, I don't know.

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
If Denethor and Theodred weren't in the game, why would Imrahil be in it?

**** if I know. Just telling you who I am, don't know what else to say sah.

ImBrotherCain
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Ugh, I hate when people say they are roles I have barely heard of. Seems shady.

Haha that doesn't sound like anyone we know right? :njx: I don't know enough about characters to even know half these names.

UKfan
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I should add in addition to my vote, this is another situation where at the very least we get more info, even if Gonzo proves to be talking out his ass.

Bulldogs
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Impossible. Part of the details of my role DO NOT allow me to be searched. It is in the details Commie sent me. I am Legolas, the town vigilante. It specifically says there is no way I can be seen. I was role-blocked last night, accidently took out Fenikz (whoops) day one.

Caddy
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
imrahil was a much bigger character in the book. i have no idea why anyone thought theodred would be in it.

I'm aware, but if you have to pick 25 characters, and 9 of the good ones are taken up by Fellowship members, Imrahil is a very odd choice.

CJSchneider
Imrahil? This sounds very iffy to me.

DeepThreat
Impossible. Part of the details of my role DO NOT allow me to be searched. It is in the details Commie sent me. I am Legolas, the town vigilante. It specifically says there is no way I can be seen. I was role-blocked last night, accidently took out Fenikz (whoops) day one.

The small role Gonzo played had me leaning this way, but now I'm convinced. Gonzo is evil.

CashmoneyDrew
imrahil was a much bigger character in the book. i have no idea why anyone thought theodred would be in it.

I've never read the books...
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/HobbesOxon/Snaps/RustledJimmies.png

ATLDirtyBirds
04-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Bear with me here if you weren't apart of the HP game...

When it was quite clear I was Voldy and started ******* around, I threw out the idea that evil should just give up evil when pressed, and that person would be able to coast to the end of the game. Gonzo seemed really on board with this line of thought (I'll see if I can find the exact post). Does anyone think that's a possibility here? It's a little out there, but it's certainly a move I could see Gonzo making.

UKfan
Ugh, alright this is gonna drag on a while now methinks and I do have to head to bed. I trust the town to do whats right

Unvote: Bulldogs

Gay Ork Wang
lynch gonzo

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm Legolas

Caddy
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
This has been an eventful day

Caddy
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm Legolas

HAHAHAH

Why would anyone falsely claim to be a member of the fellowship.

ImBrotherCain
Hahaha if your going to claim a role its probably not smartest to take one in the fellowship...

DeepThreat
I'm Legolas

Well ****... Just when I thought I was sure of something... Might as well take the easy lynch here.

Unvote gonzo

Lynch Bulldogs

Caddy
04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Also we have like 80 bazillion investigators. Something doesn't add up :\

Gay Ork Wang
unlynch
Lynch bulldogs

Dr. Gonzo
**** you guys for doubting me!

UKfan
Glad I stayed a couple minutes more...

CJSchneider
Unvote gonzo

Lynch Bulldogs

This has been exciting to say the least.

Brodeur
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Welp.

Unvote: Gonzo

Snicho
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
We have two Legolas's!!!

Lynch: Bulldogs

ATLDirtyBirds
04-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Also we have like 80 bazillion investigators. Something doesn't add up :\

**** you guys for doubting me!

See my post on the last page....

unvote: gonzo
vote:bulldogs

comahan
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
In what likely wasnt the brightest move Middle Earth has ever seen, and in defense of an accusation thrown in his direction, a low gravely voiced barked out from under a robe that he was Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood! Unfortunately, the townspeople saw through his lie at once, as the real Legolas happened to be standing right in the middle of the crowd. Everyone looked from Shane to Bulldogs, and then began to swarm Bulldogs. Surrounding him, they removed his hooded cloak to reveal what was quite possibly the most un-Legolas like creature imaginable.

Horribly diseased and disfigured, wearing a helmet that covers most of his face other than his mouth, Bulldogs was revealed to the Council at large. Clearly, he was not Legolas. He was something much worse, at least to those who wish Sauron defeated. The chief emissary to The Dark Lord, he was his spokesman, a messenger to spread the word of Sauron the Great

Exposed for who he really is, he simply shrugs, and laughs aloud, before looking right at the crowd and arrogantly, "What are you waiting for?"

Shane steps forward, his bow drawn, and releases an arrow right into Bulldogs' heart. Bulldogs stares down at the arrow, then pulls it from his chest. He looks up toward Shane, and charges! Shane is true with another arrow to Bulldogs, causing the diseased Orc to stumble slightly... but hes still coming! His eyes wide, Shane lets loose one final arrow right into Bulldogs' flesh...

But it isnt enough.

Bulldogs still has enough life left in him to part the onlooking crowd, brandishing the arrow that he had just pulled out of his chest, and DRIVE the arrow straight through the SKULL of Shane.

Shane P. Hallam [Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood] (Tracker) has been killed.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9186/legolas_l.jpg

Withn multiple arrows sticking out of him, Bulldogs slumps to the ground, that last burst of energy having sapped all of his remaining strength. At least, however, he was able to take Shane with him. At least he has given Sauron The Great a better chance of winning.

Bulldogs [The Mouth of Sauron] (Universal Backup turned Hunter) has been killed.

http://anthroyogini.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mouth_of_sauron.jpg

Night 3 Actions are to be sent to me ASAP. You have 24 hours, but PLEASE be quicker. Any actions not sent in by that time will be rendered null and void. Baddies are now allowed to communicate.

comahan
04-10-2012, 11:45 AM
The morning dawns as those who flocked to Rivendell awake from their uncomfortable states of half-sleep. Arriving at the council chamber, the hope that they gained from seeing one of their enemies taken out yesterday is balanced with apprehension. As the now-normal head count begins, everyone remains silent until complete, considering what fresh horror they might be met with today.

"Thirteen," someone says. And he's right—thirteen of you have gathered in the chamber, meaning that three of your company has died during the night.

So the Council sets out to search, and finds what they are looking for immediately. Bark strewn about the outskirts of a pond, it looks as though a large tree had fallen, unheard by anyone that was trying to sleep. Upon closer examination however, they see that this is no ordinary tree. Now a waste of stump and bramble, what remains of Renji lay scattered around the pond. He was chopped into pieces. The eldest of the Ents has been killed.

Renji [Treebeard, Guardian of Fangorn] (Two-Shot Bodyguard) has been killed.

http://tobytall.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/treebeard.jpg

But something else is noticed, as a trail of blood leads away from the scene. Following the trail, it's not long before the company comes upon the individual whose blood this all belongs. His face pinkish and deformed, he is recognized at once as one of Sauron's top lieutenants. Second in command to the mighty Witch King of Angmar, Todd Bertuzzi helped lead legions of orcs into battle against the Free Peoples of Middle Earth. But no longer. His sword chipped and dented and bent with the remains of bark still stuck to it, it's clear that he was the guilty party behind the death of Renji. But who killed him? The trail of blood it seems, had been coming from a wound in his gut, likely put there by a sword. Whoever did the deed, the townspeople has them to thank.

Todd Bertuzzi [Gothmog, Servant of the Eye] (Vanguard) has been killed.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6910/gothmog.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6910/gothmog.jpg)

But it's not over yet, as another body lay nearby. His blade stained with the blood of Todd Bertuzzi, CJSchneider had been killed as well. A domino effect of sorts seemed to occur during the night. First with the death of renji, which was clearly done by Todd, and then the death of Todd, which the townspeople now see was the work of CJSchneider... and now CJ himself, who bears no bloody wound, but instead has horrible black bruises all around his neck. He had been strangled to death. The Lord of Gondor, the person who the race of man rallied toward in their absence of a king, is no more. His horn sitting in his hand, no longer able to grip it, Gondor has lost it's last hope.

CJSchneider [Boromir, Lord of Gondor] (Two-Shot Honorable Vigilante) has been killed.

http://www.themightybean.com/AllMarchfiles/hornofg.jpg

DAY FOUR BEGINS NOW! WITH 13 PEOPLE LEFT, 7 VOTES ARE NEEDED FOR A MAJORITY LYNCH.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Well that hurts... We lost another protector but CJ killed Todd so we are whittling them down

So how many bad guys do we have left?

I can think of Sauron and Saruman that have to be in the game.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I'd say the witch king of angmar (sp?) is probably still alive as well. For what its worth, two nights ago I watched Bulldogs and no one targeted him, last night I watched Brodeur and no one targeted him.

EDIT: Wormtongue too.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 11:56 AM
CMD is one evil guy that we know for sure. There can't be more than 3 left in addition to him I don't think.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Some one tried to kill me last night...

UKfan
04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I definitely think ATL's point about Gonzo's strategy has merit and makes sense, I think we need to at least talk that out. Just to bring it back...

Bear with me here if you weren't apart of the HP game...

When it was quite clear I was Voldy and started ******* around, I threw out the idea that evil should just give up evil when pressed, and that person would be able to coast to the end of the game. Gonzo seemed really on board with this line of thought (I'll see if I can find the exact post). Does anyone think that's a possibility here? It's a little out there, but it's certainly a move I could see Gonzo making.

I think this certainly has merit, did anyone else think so?

Rob S
04-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Gonzo gave us Bulldogs, no?

Snicho
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I agree, it would make sense for Gonzo to throw Bulldogs name out for him to get a kill, and the chances of Imrahil actually being in the game... Im not so sure about that one?

Rob S
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Shall we try to lynch CMD again and see what happens? Maybe he is a character that evade a lynching once?

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I am completely confident in Gonzo being evil.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I am fairly certain Gonzo is evil. Yesterday just smelled like an orchestrated plan.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I am completely confident in Gonzo being evil.

How is your plan to attain your 'precious' coming along?

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Anyone else think role claiming is a decent idea right now? We REALLY need to make sure we hit on an evil/SK right now

ATLDirtyBirds
I am fairly certain Gonzo is evil. Yesterday just smelled like an orchestrated plan.

Completely scripted. Shane was onto it with that whole CMD targeting thing. In the pressure of the moment, Gonzo threw out Bulldogs (knowing he was evil and that he could take down a major player with him) thinking that it'd allow him to coast to the finish as an uncontested good.

UKfan

I was thinking the same, which is way I didn't want ATL's post to drop away as I feel it has legit merit.

Snicho
04-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I am failry certain Gonzo is evil too so I would agree with a lynch in his name.
However, I am also certain Njx is also evil. I feel the need to reveal who I am, as we are running out of players, and need every righ kill. I am Galadriel Lady of Light, I am a Seer.

I have investigated three people. Vidae, Gow and Njx. Last night Njx came up as evil. Im hoping there is still a protector out there.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Ugh, we got incredibly unlucky that Bulldogs was the hunter. Also pissed we lost Treebeard last night! I tried to investigate ATL last night but got no PM so I think I was role blocked. I am fairly certain ATL he is evil based on how he has played past games. I will not vote yet because I would like to hear more info but I don't know how you can say you are 100 percent certain I am evil ATL.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
So given the information...

Gonzo = evil
NJX = evil
ATL = Gollum

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Gonzo = evil
NJX = evil
ATL = Gollum

So is Gollum neutral or is Gollum evil? I think it could go either way. He might have a role where he is neutral but only wins if he is the last one alive as he gets the ring.

I'd say in that case, we need to keep the roles hidden for a bit longer until we know Gollum is gone. He might have some special power to get the ring.

Ok nvm wrt njx, just read Snicho's post.

But how do we know ATL is gollum?

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM

Gonzo = evil
NJX = evil
ATL = Gollum

Well NJX coming up evil is pretty damning and ATL I also think is very much evil but I will say it again, I am not. After reading back all of the posts last night when I got home from work and thinking about it the only thing that makes sense is CMD has the ability to frame and based on past games figured I would be investigated either night one or two so he tried to make me look evil. Good strategy based on how many baddies I have been able to out in past games but just ****** that based on that I am all of the sudden evil. I don't think we can go wrong with NJX or ATL though.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
So is Gollum neutral or is Gollum evil? I think it could go either way. He might have a role where he is neutral but only wins if he is the last one alive as he gets the ring.

I'd say in that case, we need to keep the roles hidden for a bit longer until we know Gollum is gone. He might have some special power to get the ring.

Why do we think njx is evil and that ATL is gollum?

He is definitely neutral.

Read a few posts up in regards to NJX.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:20 PM

Why do we think njx is evil and that ATL is gollum?

My worry is that if ATL is Gollum he will have the ability to kill Frodo or take the ring or something. I would like to hear more from ATL on this.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Well NJX coming up evil is pretty damning and ATL I also think is very much evil but I will say it again, I am not. After reading back all of the posts last night when I got home from work and thinking about it the only thing that makes sense is CMD has the ability to frame and based on past games figured I would be investigated either night one or two so he tried to make me look evil. Good strategy based on how many baddies I have been able to out in past games but just ****** that based on that I am all of the sudden evil. I don't think we can go wrong with NJX or ATL though.

The fact you are so willing to immediately accept information confuses me. For all we know CMD is leading us on a wild goose chase in regards to atl/gollum.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 12:22 PM
NJX or Gonzo are both solid votes. As I mentioned though, it was quite clear Gonzo is trying to put him in position to be someone seen as unequivocally good which makes me think he has an important role. Therefore I'm keeping my vote.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:23 PM
The fact you are so willing to immediately accept information confuses me. For all we know CMD is leading us on a wild goose chase in regards to atl/gollum.

I know CMD is not reliable. If you read my other posts you will see that I already thought ATL was evil just based on the way he is posting. He is quick to jump on bandwagons and through people under the bus and he has contributed nothing to the town. I was also not able to investigated him which I guess makes sense because I figured I would be role blocked but it also could mean he has some sort of power protecting him from being investigated. All I am saying now is I would like to hear more from him. I was not the one who cast an immediate vote based on me being what I assume is framed two nights in a row.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:24 PM
NJX or Gonzo are both solid votes. As I mentioned though, it was quite clear Gonzo is trying to put him in position to be someone seen as unequivocally good which makes me think he has an important role. Therefore I'm keeping my vote.

I have revealed my role already. I am good. What is yours?

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Caddy you made an interesting point about investigators yesterday and now we have another coming forward. Something doesn't add up here.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I know CMD is not reliable. If you read my other posts you will see that I already thought ATL was evil just based on the way he is posting. He is quick to jump on bandwagons and through people under the bus and he has contributed nothing to the town. I was also not able to investigated him which I guess makes sense because I figured I would be role blocked but it also could mean he has some sort of power protecting him from being investigated. All I am saying now is I would like to hear more from him. I was not the one who cast an immediate vote based on me being what I assume is framed two nights in a row.

I just think it is super convenient that you gave us someone who was able to take out one of our top guys in the process. I google other LOTR mafia games and not one of them included Imrahil in it so I feel that is also very dubious. I just can't see him being included in the game.

If we as a town don't kill Gonzo, nobody protect him.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Caddy you made an interesting point about investigators yesterday and now we have another coming forward. Something doesn't add up here.

I believe Snicho. Galadriel makes perfect sense as a Seer, Imrahiel as one (or equivalent) does not.

Snicho
04-10-2012, 12:28 PM

I dont like that you are so fixed on trying to show ATL and Njx as evil, when we are already aware of this. It make me weary of you.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Gonzo was framed two nights in a row when there was absolutely no reason to do so. Right.

My "contribution" to the town was limited due to commie forgetting me so I couldn't post night one. I was also the FIRST person to call out Todd, and now I'm serving you up on a silver platter. That's not jumping on a bandwagon, that's leading a charge.

We've already had enough people come forward with their roles that are worthy of protection. I've got no reason to take that risk. I can assure the town that I am not evil, and it will be proven when we lynch you.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I want to hear peoples thoughts on the role claiming? The fact that none of the people who are currently active in the thread acknowledged it concerns me.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:30 PM

Alright now I am certain you are evil. Setting myself up to be unequivocally good? After calling you out? If I were a towns person I would not trust me either at this point but this to me sounds like you know you are evil so if you get lynched the town may start trusting me again.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Alright now I am certain you are evil. Setting myself up to be unequivocally good? After calling you out? If I were a towns person I would not trust me either at this point but this to me sounds like you know you are evil so if you get lynched the town may start trusting me again.

No, not after "calling me out". After conveniently throwing under a teammate who could take a good down with him, and claiming a role that people with knowledge of the series are calling sketchy at best.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Even if ATL is Gollum or evil, I would not trust you. ATL is right in that you being framed two nights in a row does not make sense.

ImBrotherCain
I want to hear peoples thoughts on the role claiming? The fact that none of the people who are currently active in the thread acknowledged it concerns me.

I am never a fan of this... We talked about it being a downfall in the Firefly game and thats why it wasnt in the Potter game.

If everyone votes to do it I guess I will join in but it is a stupid tactic that ruins the game

ImBrotherCain
Some one tried to kill me last night...

Also how do you know this?

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I am never a fan of this... We talked about it being a downfall in the Firefly game and thats why it wasnt in the Potter game.

If everyone votes to do it I guess I will join in but it is a stupid tactic that ruins the game

LOTR is a much bigger universe and at this stage, anyone claiming to be a minor role, deserves suspicion against them.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I just think it is super convenient that you gave us someone who was able to take out one of our top guys in the process. I google other LOTR mafia games and not one of them included Imrahil in it so I feel that is also very dubious. I just can't see him being included in the game.

If we as a town don't kill Gonzo, nobody protect him.

So basically you are going to kill me tonight regardless. Well that is ******. All this based on me being framed two nights in a row? I can't help that I have a smaller character, I am assuming it is why I only have limited powers.

I am also saying ATL is evil and why because I was just called out for saying he is evil based only on CMDs post. What more can I do? I was also hoping that I would have been investigated already (thankful it looks like it wasn't on night one or two now) because that would prove I am not goddamn evil. This is why I hate revealing roles as a town because the strategy becomes lynch every minor character because one of them has to be lying. To me that makes the game less fun, I mean I understand why you are doing it but not every minor character is bad.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Also how do you know this?

I received a PM.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I received a PM.

Saying you were the target of murder?

Caddy
So basically you are going to kill me tonight regardless. Well that is ******. All this based on me being framed two nights in a row? I can't help that I have a smaller character, I am assuming it is why I only have limited powers.

I am also saying ATL is evil and why because I was just called out for saying he is evil based only on CMDs post. What more can I do? I was also hoping that I would have been investigated already (thankful it looks like it wasn't on night one or two now) because that would prove I am not goddamn evil. This is why I hate revealing roles as a town because the strategy becomes lynch every minor character because one of them has to be lying. To me that makes the game less fun, I mean I understand why you are doing it but not every minor character is bad.

Investigating is limited? I have limited powers and I am a more substantial character in the LOTR than Imrahil. I don't buy a word you say.

Dr. Gonzo
LOTR is a much bigger universe and at this stage, anyone claiming to be a minor role, deserves suspicion against them.

Let's kill all the minor roles! Just a cop out to me. These games are about deduction, not role claiming and then killing all minor characters. I have already revealed who I am so I am okay but it just is kinda lame.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Investigating is limited? I have limited powers and I am a more substantial character in the LOTR than Imrahil. I don't buy a word you say.

I can investigate three times, I have already stated this. That is limited to me.

Caddy
Saying you were the target of murder?

Or words to that effect, yes. It triggered my night ability.

comahan
Bleh, Id really really prefer if you dont all role claim as a way to weed people out. I know I didnt put it in the rules, but I hate that so much. It's not even a game at that point, why play in that case?

Caddy
I can investigate three times, I have already stated this. That is limited to me.

That is a substantially important power. I don't know why you would claim otherwise.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Bleh, Id really really prefer if you dont all role claim as a way to weed people out. I know I didnt put it in the rules, but I hate that so much. It's not even a game at that point, why play in that case?

I disagree. If characterisation wasn't important in these games, we may as well just play standard mafia over and over.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
It certainly seems like ATL is Gollum to me, if so I'd guess he's neutral and that he's a survivor with potentially some sort of one-off ability.

We know CMD is definitely evil. I am never a fan of someone claiming to be some random obscure character like Imrahil (had to look up who that was...) so Gonzo is definitely suspicious to me too.

I believe Snicho for sure.

comahan
04-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Thats not the point.

"EVERYONE SAY YOUR ROLE SO WE CAN ELIMINATE WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT AND JUST KILL THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM MINOR CHARATCERS"

Is ******* stupid. And I wont ever consider hosting another mafia game in that case. **** that.

That completely negates all the work ive put into this.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:41 PM
It certainly seems like ATL is Gollum to me, if so I'd guess he's neutral and that he's a survivor with potentially some sort of one-off ability.

We know CMD is definitely evil. I am never a fan of someone claiming to be some random obscure character like Imrahil (had to look up who that was...) so Gonzo is definitely suspicious to me too.

I believe Snicho for sure.

I think Gollum can kill. Boromir's death (strangling) sounds exactly like Gollums M.O.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Thats not the point.

"EVERYONE SAY YOUR ROLE SO WE CAN ELIMINATE WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT AND JUST KILL THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM MINOR CHARATCERS"

Is ******* stupid. And I wont ever consider hosting another mafia game in that case. **** that.

That completely negates all the work ive put into this.

I see it as a legitimate tool. If who we are relative to the universe we are playing is irrelevant, what is the point of even playing a theme game. We might as well just be 'lyncher' or 'doctor' every time.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Gonzo and NJX are both good kills.

For now.....Vote: Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo
That is a substantially important power. I don't know why you would claim otherwise.

Again, not claiming otherwise. Great that I can investigate three times but I cannot do it every night like major characters. I just don't know why I am 100 percent evil based on me being I am guessing framed the first two nights. Was it a great strategy on Drews part, no, put I think based on past games and if he could frame it was pretty safe to assume I would be investigated night one or two, I guess when nobody claimed me as being evil day two he did it again that night. I don't know what else to say here, I am not evil. I would once again claim the me knowing Bulldogs is evil thing but that ended up being ****** for the town which obviously didn't clear me. At least now with Snicho being a seer as well I may be able to get an investigation off tonight.

Rob S
Also, I am anti role-claiming. I'm with Commie on that.

UKfan
04-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm willing to roll on the Gonzo train.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Again, not claiming otherwise. Great that I can investigate three times but I cannot do it every night like major characters. I just don't know why I am 100 percent evil based on me being I am guessing framed the first two nights. Was it a great strategy on Drews part, no, put I think based on past games and if he could frame it was pretty safe to assume I would be investigated night one or two, I guess when nobody claimed me as being evil day two he did it again that night. I don't know what else to say here, I am not evil. I would once again claim the me knowing Bulldogs is evil thing but that ended up being ****** for the town which obviously didn't clear me. At least now with Snicho being a seer as well I may be able to get an investigation off tonight.

And if you have a major role and show up as good........

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Alright... I have some info but I have to head back to the office. Ill be back in 15ish

Caddy
Would people not be more comfortable lynching someone who a seer has declared is evil? We should really let njx speak before we move on. He won't be around for a few hours, but there is no need to rush through the day.

I refrain from voting until that time.

Rob S
Gonzo reaks of trying to get us to burn an investigation on him.

comahan
04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I see it as a legitimate tool. If who we are relative to the universe we are playing is irrelevant, what is the point of even playing a theme game. We might as well just be 'lyncher' or 'doctor' every time.

Role claiming is the only point to a theme game? Not all the triggers created as an homage to the story? The specifically created and detailed roles that several of the characters get that Id have never considered in a normal mafia game? Or the writeups that i spend way too much time on trying to fit in signature scenes and characterization? Come on.

Dr. Gonzo

That is a ******** response. It takes no effort to just say lets all tell everyone our roles. After that the game becomes kill all minor characters. These theme games are fun because we get to be awesome characters and get awesome write ups. It is a legitimate tool if you are not good at deducing which after continuing to claim I am evil after being framed for two nights it seems you are not. Role claiming takes all skill out of these games and to argue otherwise is wrong. I don't like it in this game and I have not liked it in others, it is a cop out and makes these games boring.

Rob S
Would people not be more comfortable lynching someone who a seer has declared is evil? We should really let njx speak before we move on. He won't be around for a few hours, but there is no need to rush through the day.

I refrain from voting until that time.

Yeah, I just feel like Gonzo may be more powerful while NJX could be just a standard goon.

Caddy
Alright... I have some info but I have to head back to the office. Ill be back in 15ish

We need to find out what this is. Cain was pressing me about my declaration that I was attacked, so maybe he was watching me or something and knows who targeted me.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 12:48 PM
We need to find out what this is. Cain was pressing me about my declaration that I was attacked, so maybe he was watching me or something and knows who targeted me.

This would be awesome sauce.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Gonzo reaks of trying to get us to burn an investigation on him.

Ugh. I never even said investigate me tonight. I just said I thought I would have already been investigated. In other games it always happens early. I am suspicious that based on very little I am all of the sudden evil and people are once again jumping on the lynch me bandwagon. Also wondering if Caddy is a minor character how he had the ability to kill the person that targeted him. If that is his only ability it makes sense I guess but still a little odd.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I disagree. If characterisation wasn't important in these games, we may as well just play standard mafia over and over.

Well, I already stated that I think it's best if we keep quiet in our roles (looking back, it wasn't that explicit).

I think it's good for a couple of reasons:
1) There are a lot of powers in this game. And with how comohan constructed the Harry Potter game, there were a lot of special case powers that were triggered if a certain action occurred. This has already happened a few times in this game.

2) The bad guys already know who the good guys are + gollum (and maybe another monster like Shelob). They gain specifics while we gain a little bit.

3) It spoils the game, IMO. I know you disagree, but a lot of us disagree with you so at this point, it's not likely to take.

I think it's safe to say that everyone has been assigned a "name" role and that everyone has a power, from minor to powerful.

So based on past games, the balance should be around 5 or 6 mafia and a neutral assassin type. Gollum is likely the neutral baddie that wins when he gets the ring. He probably has investigative powers. He probably has evasion powers.

We still likely have Saruman and maybe Sauron to kill, along with the witch king. They are all going to be bad asses.

I am not as suspicious of Gonzo as you guys, but he's on the radar. The being framed doesn't make sense, but it would also put people on the trail of a red herring. That's something that a smart baddie would do.

I also was not suspicious of TBW like most of you. I just thought that he made no goddamn sense.

CMD is definitely suspicious.

I trust Snicho. He just went balls out. He could be playing a mafia role with a sacrificial lamb to the hilt, but I doubt he would claim such a major character if he were the mob.

I say we vote whom he says is a baddie unless we have proof that someone else is evil.

Please someone protect Snicho tonight.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Ugh. I never even said investigate me tonight. I just said I thought I would have already been investigated. In other games it always happens early. I am suspicious that based on very little I am all of the sudden evil and people are once again jumping on the lynch me bandwagon. Also wondering if Caddy is a minor character how he had the ability to kill the person that targeted him. If that is his only ability it makes sense I guess but still a little odd.

Who said this?

Snicho
04-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Wait, did caddy kill the person who tried to target him? When did he say that?

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I will say that CMD, your plan worked perfectly. You had to know you were getting watched after being so obviously evil day one so targeting me was brilliant. Either you frame me to look evil and I get investigated or you get watched and they see you targeting me two days in a row. **** me.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Who said this?

Whoops. Misread what happened. It was CJ that did that, sorry I thought that you killed Todd after he targeted you, my bad.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Role claiming is the only point to a theme game? Not all the triggers created as an homage to the story? The specifically created and detailed roles that several of the characters get that Id have never considered in a normal mafia game? Or the writeups that i spend way too much time on trying to fit in signature scenes and characterization? Come on.

Not sure when I state it was the only point. Inference on your part I guess. I think role claiming, especially in a universe as large as Tolkien's should be a perfectly permitted tactic. People can disagree, that's fine, but I'm a strong proponent for being able to do so if one chooses.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 12:59 PM

I will say that CMD, your plan worked perfectly. You had to know you were getting watched after being so obviously evil day one so targeting me was brilliant. Either you frame me to look evil and I get investigated or you get watched and they see you targeting me two days in a row. **** me.

Says Drew's strategy sucked, then that it was awesome.

Using my awesome powers of deduction, that is suspicious! Why the flip flop.

UKfan
04-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Says Drew's strategy sucked, then that it was awesome.

Using my awesome powers of deduction, that is suspicious! Why the flip flop.

Is this what the attempted murder triggered, Sherlock Holmes-esque deduction and reasoning?

Really though it does seem seriously suspicious, am fairly convinced Gonzo is struggling to play the martyr.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Okay... first things first.

I Caddy I know your role because I am a Role Cop. I have been trying to slow play this game a bit. But that is why I asked about your post yesterday saying how everyone is an investigator made me the more weary.

Caddy
Is this what the attempted murder triggered, Sherlock Holmes-esque deduction and reasoning?

Really though it does seem seriously suspicious, am fairly convinced Gonzo is struggling to play the martyr.

I've always had the Holmes-esque deduction and reasoning skills UK :waiting:

Caddy
Okay... first things first.

I Caddy I know your role because I am a Role Cop. I have been trying to slow play this game a bit. But that is why I asked about your post yesterday saying how everyone is an investigator made me the more weary.

That does not help us at all. I am now essentially role-less.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
That does not help us at all. I am now essentially role-less.

No but I do know that Gonzo is Evil and lied about being an investigator...

Caddy
04-10-2012, 01:04 PM

<3

You can reveal my role if you want. I've lost it any way.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 01:05 PM
You are a Vanilla townie with Body armor.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 01:06 PM
You were a Vanilla townie with Body armor.

Pretty close I guess...

Dr. Gonzo
Not sure when I state it was the only point. Inference on your part I guess. I think role claiming, especially in a universe as large as Tolkien's should be a perfectly permitted tactic. People can disagree, that's fine, but I'm a strong proponent for being able to do so if one chooses.

Wait, so it is illegitimate but if someone is a minor character like me you say kill me. Nice. I didn't think it was a great strategy by Drew at first but after reading some posts now I was wrong. It was brilliant. At first I was thinking wasting roles on the same guy two nights in a row was dumb but I mean it would have made me look evil two different ways.

JoeJoeBrown

Excellent.

So let's vote Gonzo and then vote njx.

Or do we flip it?

Caddy
04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Wait, so it is illegitimate but if someone is a minor character like me you say kill me. Nice. I didn't think it was a great strategy by Drew at first but after reading some posts now I was wrong. It was brilliant. At first I was thinking wasting roles on the same guy two nights in a row was dumb but I mean it would have made me look evil two different ways.

I'm a small enough character, that someone could try to claim my persona.

Rob S
If he is correct on Caddy, my Gonzo vote stands obviously.

Caddy
Excellent.

Or do we flip it?

I'd rather we just avoid voting for now and let njx comment on the claim that he is evil.

UKfan
04-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Excellent.

Or do we flip it?

It doesn't necessarily matter, it's a shame we have no info on the actual roles really as that could help the decision further, but the fact that CMD targeted him twice for something or other does have me thinking Gonzo is someone fairly powerful

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Excellent.

Or do we flip it?

Now this is where I think we need to slow down and talk this out. Right now we a SK and possibly two (Whom ever attacked caddy) that are picking us off.

If we kill Gonzo or NJX we don't stop a killing. Finding a SK means one less death guaranteed.

Thats just my thoughts

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM

Again, I am not evil. I am curious to hear from that crazy bastard Deep at this point. I just don't get how lynch me became the right thing to do. We all pretty much figure ATL is Gollum and he killed last night and NJX came up as evil (although I will not discount CMD framing NJX as well since he was called out a few times and CMD has already made me look evil).

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd rather we just avoid voting for now and let njx comment on the claim that he is evil.

I agree with the slow play, hence my no vote thus far. Plus I missed two days of discussion due to the freaking threads being locked almost instantaneously so I'm a bit sensitive to letting people take their time to look at the thread.

We need more people to talk.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Any more info you can share Cain concerning Gonzo's role?

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Now this is where I think we need to slow down and talk this out. Right now we a SK and possibly two (Whom ever attacked caddy) that are picking us off.

If we kill Gonzo or NJX we don't stop a killing. Finding a SK means one less death guaranteed.

Thats just my thoughts

Agree on slowing the roll. My bad, as I just stated in response to Caddy.

Ok, we know that there is a Gollum. There just has to be.

So he is a neutral that wins if he gets the ring, da?

WTF would be a serial killer? Shelob? An enraged Tom Bombadil (I jest)?

Denethor would be the only one off of the top of my head that would be a serial killer outside of Shelob.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Agree on slowing the roll. My bad, as I just stated in response to Caddy.

Ok, we know that there is a Gollum. There just has to be.

So he is a neutral that wins if he gets the ring, da?

WTF would be a serial killer? Shelob? An enraged Tom Bombadil (I jest)?

Denethor would be the only one off of the top of my head that would be a serial killer outside of Shelob.

It isn't Denethor.

There hasn't been anything in a write-up implying Shelob.

Boromir being strangled sounds like the work of Gollum to me.

Snicho
04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, its 4am here, so im going back to bed.
Hopefully when I wake in a few hours time more people will have read todays info and have more to add. Night fellas :)

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
It isn't Denethor.

There hasn't been anything in a write-up implying Shelob.

Boromir being strangled sounds like the work of Gollum to me.

So I wonder if Gollum wins if all of the members of the fellowship are dead.

He's pretty damn close if that is the case.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm going to bed. I'll be back in a few hours.

comahan
04-10-2012, 01:21 PM
7 votes needed for majority

- Gonzo (3) : ATL, Rob S, UKfan

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I know I mentioned this earlier, but I'll quote Rob as to why I'm going with Gonzo over njx...

Yeah, I just feel like Gonzo may be more powerful while NJX could be just a standard goon.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Vote: Lynch Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM

:( I really hate you right now.

We need numbers at this point and you guys are really ******* us over if you kill me. I am not evil.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM

trying to save him? hmmm.

Whatever, I can take out whoever we don't lynch tm night anyway so....

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 01:29 PM

No. Gonzo needs to die. And do your worst, you old, withering fool.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Exactly what I thought. If we needed any justification, we just got it. When it looked like the town was going to take one of my significant players (when I was Voldy), it was Grizz at the time, I threw up a vote in hopes of throwing the town off.

Most likely confirms our shared suspicion of Gonzo being the more powerful of the njx/gonzo duo as well.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Unvote: Gonzo

Let's take our time.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM

See this is why I hate revealing characters. I am a minor one so now I will die for sure because either I get lynched or will be killed. Just ******* blows :(

In any case I will offer up what I have deduced in case I die because I would like to see the town win anyway.

ATL is evil and I am fairly certain Gollum. Just based on how he has posted really. Fairly sure it was him who killed last night.

NJX came up as evil so that is pretty huge. Wouldn't write him off completely after what happened to me but he was acting fairly suspicious before anyway.

Deep has always struck me as suspicious and is quite now.

Also would like to hear from Broddy because I think he has a fairly substantial power.

Also, where is Grizz?

Rob S
04-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Honestly, I may just go for the sure evil guy tonight in NJX. I can make sure Gonzo does nothing tonight.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Exactly what I thought. If we needed any justification, we just got it. When it looked like the town was going to take one of my significant players (when I was Voldy), it was Grizz at the time, I threw up a vote in hopes of throwing the town off.

Most likely confirms our shared suspicion of Gonzo being the more powerful of the njx/gonzo duo as well.

Or after ******* me over nights one and two he knows everyone will think this and he is once again ******* me over. Evil is so close to winning and they have you guys wrapped around their finger.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Rob, when you say "take out" does that mean role block or kill?

Brodeur
04-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't have a substantial power, and I can't tell if anyone is evil or good. No investigative powers. I do think it's pretty clear that we need to lynch Gonzo or NJX, and maybe wait for Griz this time. What does Gandalf do exactly? Come on Rob, give us something here.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Also, where is Grizz?

I'm here. As I said earlier, I watched Bulldogs two nights ago and Brodeur last night, neither player was targeted by a night action.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
See this is why I hate revealing characters. I am a minor one so now I will die for sure because either I get lynched or will be killed. Just ******* blows :(

I didn't choose to reveal myself as Gandalf. Someone murdered me!

And I came back, bitches.

Also, ATL, I will not comment additionally on my power unless someone I know to be good requests it. I left it dubious for a reason.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't have a substantial power, and I can't tell if anyone is evil or good. No investigative powers. I do think it's pretty clear that we need to lynch Gonzo or NJX, and maybe wait for Griz this time. What does Gandalf do exactly? Come on Rob, give us something here.

Man I still don't know why you are all certain I am evil. I am all for deduction but this is based on what, me being framed nights one and two and having a minor character?

Brodeur
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
ATL was right about Todd.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I am trying to keep poking in during work but i am slammed but guys consider this:

Thats just my thoughts

Rob S
04-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Fine I trust Brody.....I have a medely of powers to choose from. I have a "jailkeeper" and a straight protect left.

UKfan
04-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Man I still don't know why you are all certain I am evil. I am all for deduction but this is based on what, me being framed nights one and two and having a minor character?

And Cain saying you lied about your role....

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
And Cain saying you lied about your role....

I do not know why he is saying this, I am not. Maybe CMD isn't a framer and used his power on me again last night, I don't know. This sucks.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I do not know why he is saying this, I am not. Maybe CMD isn't a framer and used his power on me again last night, I don't know. This sucks.

Everyone's just out to get poor innocent Gonzo!

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:52 PM

I know! It is a damn conspiracy.

Really though maybe it is because I have been very good in other games calling out evil people based on nothing, I don't know.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 01:52 PM

Do me a favor and kill Rob again tonight.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 01:53 PM
1. Try to divert the town away from killing Gonzo, check.

2. Try to cast suspicion on the first one to name Todd and now Gonzo, check.

Brodeur
04-10-2012, 01:54 PM

I'm inclined to side with ATL here.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
1. Try to divert the town away from killing Gonzo, check.

2. Try to cast suspicion on the first one to name Todd and now Gonzo, check.

Not in the slightest. I want you to join me. Take up where Gonzo failed. I'll give you the power you seek.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Do me a favor and kill Rob again tonight.

Someone will protect me anyway, fool.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I am good. Do whatever you want to me tonight if I am wrong but killing me will dig an even bigger hole for you guys. I am very sure ATL is evil at this point. He has done a great job at casting suspicion on others very similar to how he acted in the Potter game and he also knows that with evil being so close to having the numbers if he kills me and makes it look like he hates CMD they are set.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
ATL could be evil for sure. I am more confident you are evil. I am almost sure njx is evil.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I am about to head to work. I hope you guys don't make the wrong decision. At this point I am sure ATL is evil with the way he is distancing himself from Drew and so quick to throw other people under the bus. It will be very easy for him to say everyone else was doing it when I come up as good too but it won't matter since after tonight they will have the numbers.

Vote: ATL

DeepThreat
04-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Someone will protect me anyway, fool.

I was wondering about this... Do you require protection, or are you like Dumbledore in that you can protect yourself?

Rob S
04-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I require protection.

DeepThreat
04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I require protection.

That's unfortunate. We have too many people to protect, I fear.

I'm fine with lynching any of ATL, Gonzo and njx. It seems like ATL is the serial killer, and njx and Gonzo are both confirmed evil.

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
We cannot afford to leave the serial killer alive

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
We cannot afford to leave the serial killer alive

Looking at the numbers, killing the SK could be either good or bad. If we kill the SK, that's one less person that actually works AGAINST the baddies as the SK simply needs to be the last person alive usually. Killing a baddie is actually MUCH more important right now in order to get the numbers further from even. There's still a chance the SK could kill a baddie, zero chance a baddie is killing a baddie.

EDIT: The way you are pushing so hard to have a SK lynched also makes me even more suspicious of you but I'm still going to wait to vote until the town comes to a definitive consensus.

UKfan
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Well someone else needs to step up at some point, a few of us are on the Gonzo train...

Rob S
04-10-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm just waiting to hear from njx....

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Looking at the numbers, killing the SK could be either good or bad. If we kill the SK, that's one less person that actually works AGAINST the baddies as the SK simply needs to be the last person alive usually. Killing a baddie is actually MUCH more important right now in order to get the numbers further from even. There's still a chance the SK could kill a baddie, zero chance a baddie is killing a baddie.

EDIT: The way you are pushing so hard to have a SK lynched also makes me even more suspicious of you but I'm still going to wait to vote until the town comes to a definitive consensus.

You bring up a good point. Quite honestly I just don't want to die.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 04:17 PM
That's unfortunate. We have too many people to protect, I fear.

I'm fine with lynching any of ATL, Gonzo and njx. It seems like ATL is the serial killer, and njx and Gonzo are both confirmed evil.

Interesting that the third person (behind Todd and Gonzo) that I've called out is now looking for me to be lynched.

I'm still way more onto Gonzo than you, but your record certainly shouldn't be forgotten. You seemed to be providing some defense for CMD Day 1 when he used the awful "I just got too excited and I'm ignorant to how the game works" excuse, and immediately you aligned yourself with Todd in voting for Snicho.

And of course there's this:

I know you didn't give a reason, but I find Todd to be extra suspicious, and Deep with him. Todd makes up a rather lame excuse to vote for someone and Deep is five seconds behind him? Come on.

vote : Todd

My top two right now is obviously Todd and Deep.

i think jbond and deep are suspicious with cmd.

As of now its between CMD and Deep for me.

Both of whom are now dead...

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Did you uncover anything last night? I may have missed it.

Also, from his perspective, we are about to lynch him. Of course he is pushing for the SK to get killed.

I'm still not sure that he's evil.

I'm worried about the SK winning if all members of the Fellowship are killed (i.e. Gollum gets the ring). Maybe his win is if he is the lone survivor. Dunno. Maybe he has an amplifier that if he gets the ring, he can start laying waste to everyone else in the game.

I still don't know why you all think ATL is Gollum. I guess I haven't played enough of these.

My vote is leaning towards one of these three of njx, Gonzo, and ATL at the moment. We have a pretty damn good grasp that njx is evil. We have Gonzo looking like he is either being super framed or he is caught making up a bunch of BS. We have ATL looking like Gollum to some people.

The Caddy-Cain exchange seems a little fishy to me as it's a closed loop. (What do say my role is? A minor type? Yeah that's close enough...)
If Gonzo is evil, they are cleared, IMO.
If Gonzo is good, they are not cleared at all, IMO.

LIke I said, only a little, not a lot. But it bears taking note in watching how things fall out.

If njx is evil, Snicho is clear.
If njx is good, Snicho got hoodwinked and/or is evil.

I think Snicho is way in the clear as he is a pretty major character.

If ATL is Gollum, you guys are some serious bloodhounds and should be real life detectives.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Interesting that the third person (behind Todd and Gonzo) that I've called out is now looking for me to be lynched.

I'm still way more onto Gonzo than you, but your record certainly shouldn't be forgotten. You seemed to be providing some defense for CMD Day 1 when he used the awful "I just got too excited and I'm ignorant to how the game works" excuse, and immediately you aligned yourself with Todd in voting for Snicho.

And of course there's this:

Both of whom are now dead...

CMD isn't dead, is he? And the way he posted, it sounded like he is Saruman or Sauron.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I am not Gollum. I'm really not sure why you'd believe something thrown out by CMD at this point.