PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Mafia TOWN WINS!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 04:21 PM
CMD isn't dead, is he? And the way he posted, it sounded like he is Saruman or Sauron.

I was referring to the people I quoted; vidae and GOW.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Okay so since I just got home here are some thoughts I had. We are guessing that there is roughly 3 Mafia members left. Sauron, Saruman and the Witch King guy.

From playing multiple Mafia games as many of us have we know they typically have a Godfather, Roleblocker and Framer, yet we haven't seen any of those roles turn up.

Now I am not doubting Sincho but just saying someone is evil leaves the door open for the possibility of getting Framed. So at this moment I am far more inclined to vote Gonzo over NJX.

Looking at the numbers, killing the SK could be either good or bad. If we kill the SK, that's one less person that actually works AGAINST the baddies as the SK simply needs to be the last person alive usually. Killing a baddie is actually MUCH more important right now in order to get the numbers further from even. There's still a chance the SK could kill a baddie, zero chance a baddie is killing a baddie.

EDIT: The way you are pushing so hard to have a SK lynched also makes me even more suspicious of you but I'm still going to wait to vote until the town comes to a definitive consensus.

I understand where that makes sense but right now it seems the balance of power is on our side. I still think that leaving a SK alive right now is more dangerous than having a framer or roleblocker.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Okay so since I just got home here are some thoughts I had. We are guessing that there is roughly 3 Mafia members left. Sauron, Saruman and the Witch King guy.

From playing multiple Mafia games as many of us have we know they typically have a Godfather, Roleblocker and Framer, yet we haven't seen any of those roles turn up.

Now I am not doubting Sincho but just saying someone is evil leaves the door open for the possibility of getting Framed. So at this moment I am far more inclined to vote Gonzo over NJX.

I understand where that makes sense but right now it seems the balance of power is on our side. I still think that leaving a SK alive right now is more dangerous than having a framer or roleblocker.

Spot freaking on. Gollum is a loose cannon. I just don't know whom Gollum is.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
ATL being Gollum is dubious. Only reason why I tend not to buy the framer argument for not lynching njx is because I don't see why they would frame him.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
CMD Day 1 when he used the awful "I just got too excited and I'm ignorant to how the game works" excuse

In all seriousness, this is really what happened. It just turned out I happened to be evil.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Alive LIst from Front Page with my comments (yes, I'm saying that I'm definitely good).

==================
Confirmed GOOD or very likely GOOD
==================
snicho (Almost assuredly good. Says he is Galadriel, a Seer).
rob s (Definitely Good. He's Gandalf)
joejoebrown (Definitely Good)
grizz (Says he's an investigator, has turned up some helpful info).
caddy (Very aggressive play style. Cain says his role is a townie with 1x body armor)
cain(an investigator of some sort).

===================
Suspicious or confirmed EVIL
===================
cmd (Definitely evil, like Saruman or Sauron).
gonzo (Highly questionable, has turned up as suspicious two nights. Claims he was framed two nights in a row.)
njx (Snicho says he's evil. Maybe framed but doubtful?)
=================

=================
Debatable
=================
atl (Turned up some helpful info. Some sort of investigator. People claim that he is Gollum)
brodeur (I have zero read on him).
ukfan (I have zero read on UKFan)
deep (Has been very quiet)

DeepThreat
04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't say quiet is the right word for me...

Rob S
04-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking our 3 remaining bad guys are CMD, Gonzo, and njx. Gonzo could possibly be the SK though.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm thinking our 3 remaining bad guys are CMD, Gonzo, and njx. Gonzo could possibly be the SK though.

You bring up a good point about njx, wtf would someone frame him? He wasn't under suspicion before.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Alive LIst from Front Page with my comments (yes, I'm saying that I'm definitely good).

I gave Caddy's role. Hes a Townie with a 1x Body armor.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I gave Caddy's role. Hes a Townie with a 1x Body armor.

Edited with your comment.

Brodeur
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Bahhhhhh, you investigators need to help us out here. Or Gandalf.

Rob S
04-10-2012, 04:49 PM

I got nothing. Nobody targeted Grizz last night; he targeted you. i was hoping to catch a roleblocker.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 04:52 PM

We've got two concrete evils, not sure what more you're looking for. It's really just some people waiting on njx's defense at this point (and regardless, it seems to be leaning Gonzo as he has potential for a bigger/more important role).

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
I got nothing. Nobody targeted Grizz last night; he targeted you. i was hoping to catch a roleblocker.

Well, we are kind of at a stalemate.

I want to get the SK/Gollum, but I'm not sure it's ATL.

We have a 99% likelihood that njx is evil. I'd like to wait to let him defend himself.

We could vote Gonzo as well.

I will be logged on later tonight if we don't see from njx soon.

Brodeur
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
We've got two concrete evils, not sure what more you're looking for. It's really just some people waiting on njx's defense at this point (and regardless, it seems to be leaning Gonzo as he has potential for a bigger/more important role).

I already voted Gonzo, since you were at least right about Todd.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Gonzo could just be doing the henchman work as well.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I already voted Gonzo, since you were at least right about Todd.

I know you did, I'm just not sure what you're looking for from investigators at this point (if there even are anymore). The only thing left to wait on is really njx's defense.

DeepThreat
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't see a difference between njx and Gonzo, and since people have already voted for Gonzo...

Lynch Gonzo

Rob S
04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I really gotta think Gonzo is evil here.

vote: Gonzo

comahan
04-10-2012, 05:00 PM
7 needed for majority

- Gonzo (6) : ATL, UKfan, CMD, Brodeur, Deep, Rob S
- ATL (1) : Gonzo

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I really gotta think Gonzo is evil here.

vote: Gonzo

Ok, screw it. I do this with reservations.

VOTE: Gonzo

comahan
04-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Following the events of yesterday, all eyes were on Gonzo as discussion at the Council centered around him. Is he an innocent bystander that has been framed by Sauron and his forces? Or is he in fact, part of those forces? He denies his part in evil activity to the end, and as he is bound, Rob S steps forward and has to rip Gonzo's weapon from his hands before he can do any damage.

"My death does you no good," Gonzo says to the council at large, though his eyes rest on Rob S, "The Free Peoples will fall, with or without me. You must surrender, it would be wise, my friend."

Rob just stares back at Gonzo for a long moment before finally responding, "Tell me, friend," he says, sarcasm dripping from the last word, "When did Gonzo the wise abandon reason for madness?"

Gonzo's eyes widen, looking quite mad indeed, and he lunges forward toward Rob, but is stopped by the onlooking crowd. Rob looks down at the weapon that he took from Gonzo, a long white staff.

"You wont be needing this anymore," he says, before pointing his own staff toward it and snapping it in two without effort. Gonzo screams, as though the breaking of his staff caused him physical harm. He once again tries to run toward Rob, but he is unable to shorten the distance between them as the entirety of the council holds him back.

Finally, he's put out of his misery when Rob nods to someone at his right, and a sword meets Gonzo's skin, causing him to give one huge gasp before falling to the ground, his white robes now stained with red. The lord of Orthanc Tower has been weeded out from the crowd, and now one fewer purveyor of shadow stands between the Free Peoples and their cleansing of Middle Earth.

Dr Gonzo [Saruman, Wizard of Isengard] (Governor) has been killed.

http://tolkiengateway.net/w/images/b/b6/Saruman_with_Palantir_from_Peter_Jackson%27s_The_L ord_of_the_Rings.jpg

Night 4 Actions are to be sent to me ASAP. You have 24 hours, but PLEASE try to make it quicker than that. Any actions not sent in by that time will be rendered null and void. Baddies are now allowed to communicate.

comahan
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
A new day dawns, and a red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night. As the council gathers yet again, the head count doesnt even begin, because its painfully obvious who is missing. The Lord of Rivendell, the master of this council, and the keeper of this house, Brodeur is nowhere to be found.

Searching for him, hoping against hope that he is not dead, they come across something just as bad, just as harmful to the cause. Snicho, who had come up with important evidence yesterday, was dead. Like Sam and Aragorn before him, Snicho had been burnt to a crisp, his flesh seared, scorched, and blackened by whatever foul something got ahold of him.

Snicho [Galadriel, Lady of Light] (Seer) has been killed.

http://100grana.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/galadriel3.jpg

But that doesnt solve the mystery of the missing Brodeur. Looking all around the beautiful sanctuary of Rivendell, the party cannot seem to locate him, either dead or alive. But then it finally happens. Fog covering the ground, the townspeople cross a small bridge that carries them over a shallow pond. The pond, typically free of fish, unmoving, and empty, isnt empty anymore. In the water lies the corpse of Brodeur, blood flowing out of his mouth as a result of internal bleeding, as the marks that were left around the neck of CJSchneider yesterday are once again evident here. Brodeur has been strangled to death, and Rivendell is now missing its Lord.

Brodeur [Elrond, Lord of Rivendell] (Backup Doctor) has been killed.

http://jasonhenle.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/elrond_3.jpg

DAY FIVE BEGINS NOW! WITH 10 PEOPLE LEFT, 6 VOTES ARE NEEDED FOR A MAJORITY LYNCH.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Can't say I'm shocked snicho is dead. Brody's death on the other hand surprises me.

NJX, what say you. You are evil, no?

DeepThreat
04-10-2012, 08:36 PM
We are nearing the end. Have to get this right.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Everyone may as well spill what they know at this stage.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Also, anyone else think it is bad ass that Gimli is still alive and kicking!?

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
i'm not evil. if i had to guess, i'd guess i was framed.

There was zero reason to frame you that night. It was pretty much a stab in the dark from Snicho.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Can't say I'm shocked snicho is dead. Brody's death on the other hand surprises me.

NJX, what say you. You are evil, no?

Poor Snicho.

I had no clue that Brody was Elrond. We need to kill Gollum ASAP, it's obvious that he's gunning for good guys. And I think he's gunning for the Fellowship.

We need to kill him, and kill him now.

It's between njx and ATL for me now. I was lukewarm on Gonzo, but that he was Saruman really threw me. Apparently my instincts suck and there was a tide against ATL.

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised that CMD gunned for Gonzo as nothing he has done has made sense.

Njx, speak up.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:42 PM
No point rushing to conclusions, but I agree that we need to take out Gollum first, get it down to 1 kill per night.

Wait for Grizz and Cain, I don't see how both of them could have been blocked so maybe one of them has something.

Did you get anything JJB?

EDIT - ATL can you actually do anything or are you powerless?

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
No point rushing to conclusions, but I agree that we need to take out Gollum first, get it down to 1 kill per night.

Wait for Grizz and Cain, I don't see how both of them could have been blocked so maybe one of them has something.

Did you get anything JJB?

I have no night action powers. No PMs for me. I'm completely in the dark.

Snicho was burned to death. I'm guessing that means Sauron murdered him. Which means CMD did it?

We've got two baddies likely left. And a very determined serial killer.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
ATL is the SK I investigated him last night. We have to kill him now.

vote: ATL

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
ATL is the SK I investigated him last night. We have to kill him now.

vote: ATL

What did your results say specifically.?

comahan
04-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Dont directly quote PMs. You can essentially say everything, just dont directly quote it.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Snicho was burned to death. I'm guessing that means Sauron murdered him. Which means CMD did it?

:waiting: .

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I can't stand the roles that allow evil players to remain known but stay alive. They become major trolls.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I can't stand the roles that allow evil players to remain known but stay alive. They become major trolls.

Bad guy's gonna bad guy.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
What did your results say specifically.?

Lol that he was the Serial Killer

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Bad guy's gonna bad guy.

Lucky for the good guys you were so obvious about being bad from the start.

Lets wait and see if Grizz found anything and let ATL retaliate.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Lucky for the good guys you were so obvious about being bad from the start.

Lucky you guys it led you on a wild goose chase that left the town with a third of its population lost before they knew left from right.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Lucky you guys it led you on a wild goose chase that left the town with a third of its population lost before they knew left from right.

It was an ineffective goose chase. Bad guys got lucky on Day 1 and TBW took out essentially 3 guys. Your ploy to throw Bulldogs under the bus also failed miserably because we recognized Gonzo wasn't being genuine with us.

We have evil on the ropes and if we take out the SK today, it will be even easier to destroy you.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
ATL targeted Snicho.

Lynch:ATL

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM
ATL targeted Snicho.

Lynch:ATL

Wait, what? That is inconsistent with him being Gollum/SK.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
We have evil on the ropes and if we take out the SK today, it will be even easier to destroy you.

I can assure you, you do not.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I can assure you, you do not.

We have enough townspeople to get at least another day so I'm really not worried.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
i'll ask again... are we sure there's only one SK? 3 evening deaths on night one still suggests to me that there are 2. unless gandalf wasn't actually a kill, but a planned death (so he could return as the white).

It's possible. I'd been toying with the idea that maybe Saruman and Sauron had their own separate armies and maybe that is why there was a third kill. Although we did have vigilantes remember.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Wait, what? That is inconsistent with him being Gollum/SK.

Perhaps Gollum is not the serial killer we are looking for? ATL definitely targeted Snicho last night though.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
It's possible. I'd been toying with the idea that maybe Saruman and Sauron had their own separate armies and maybe that is why there was a third kill. Although we did have vigilantes remember.

I attributed that third kill to a vigilante personally. Whether it was my brother or someone else, I think the vigilante just took a shot in the dark.

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I attributed that third kill to a vigilante personally. Whether it was my brother or someone else, I think the vigilante just took a shot in the dark.

That sounds plausible.

I want to hear from ATL before I vote.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Might as well reveal it all now, as these are some serious accusations. I'm not sure what it can be attributed to, but it's obvious that I'd be someone evil is after.

First, I am not Gollum/The Serial Killer.

I did target Snicho, as I knew he was a seer. I didn't want to reveal this since this role usually means automatic death, but I'm a protector. I have a 50% chance of saving who I protected, and it obviously failed last night.

This is meaningless to me, but maybe someone who knows the story can decipher for me/us. I am Glorfindel.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Haha Glorfindel. Yeah right. If you were going to claim bodyguard, should have at least picked someone who was in the movies, like Haldir.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 09:48 PM
I have no idea who any of these people are but I pull Glorfindel out of my ass?

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:51 PM

The joys of wikipedia.

Anyone else noticed that every character who has died so far has been included in the film trilogy (hence the inclusion of all the photos) - even the Mouth of Sauron was in the extended cuts.

Grizzlegom
04-10-2012, 09:52 PM

You asked your fellow death eaters for a name to pull out of your ass in the HP game, this smells similar to me. Every character we've seen has been at least in the extended editions in some sort of capacity. Glorfindel was replaced in the movies so I'm with Caddy, hard to buy that one.

Even if we were to believe why you targeted Snicho, why would you come up as a serial killer if someone role investigates you as Cain did?

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 09:54 PM
The joys of wikipedia.

Anyone else noticed that every character who has died so far has been included in the film trilogy (hence the inclusion of all the photos) - even the Mouth of Sauron was in the extended cuts.

If he/she/whatever is as insignificant as you claim, how the **** would I stumble upon it on Wiki/why wouldn't I find a more significant character if I cared that much in the first place?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I trusted Snicho, so I'll go with what he gave us last.

vote: lynch njx

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:54 PM
You asked your fellow death eaters for a name to pull out of your ass in the HP game, this smells similar to me. Every character we've seen has been at least in the extended editions in some sort of capacity. Glorfindel was replaced in the movies so I'm with Caddy, hard to buy that one.

Even if we were to believe why you targeted Snicho, why would you come up as a serial killer if someone role investigates you as Cain did?

The only rationale for that would be that Cain is evil and he is either making it up, or throwing ATL under the bus.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm surprised none of the bad guys has gone with Haldir. He would probably be my first choice as a cover.

http://www.council-of-elrond.com/castdb/haldir/haldir4.jpg

ATLDirtyBirds
04-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Wouldn't they have given me a better name then, especially if one was so easy like Caddy said?

Why that would happen, I have no idea. I hate to play the frame card, but I was pretty vocal in outing Todd and Gonzo (and accusing Deep).

I targeted Snicho because Rob's actions led me to believe there's another protector looming. Since I only have a 50% chance, I figured I'd try and save our next most valuable asset.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM
also, are serial killers on team evil, or are they free agents?

In past games, their win condition has been "be the the last remaining person".

Caddy
04-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't they have given me a better name then, especially if one was so easy like Caddy said?

Why that would happen, I have no idea. I hate to play the frame card, but I was pretty vocal in outing Todd and Gonzo (and accusing Deep).

I targeted Snicho because Rob's actions led me to believe there's another protector looming. Since I only have a 50% chance, I figured I'd try and save our next most valuable asset.

We've also seen like 4 or more protectors lynched and we are supposed to believe that there is another one? Excluding the issue related to your character, the role you claimed is suspicious in and of itself.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm most suspicious of Caddy at this point.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
On Page 1 is Commies table of Contents. The title for Day 5 is "The Time of Elves is Over".

Pretty sure that means there is no more elves. Glorfindel is an Elf. Therefore ATL is not Glorfindel.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I told you guys I wasn't evil, I've been trying to out Gollum for almost literally hours.

comahan
04-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Dont read too much into that, their two leaders died on the same night, thats all i meant by it. That and because its a quote from the movie.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:08 PM
hadn't noticed the titles, clever touch commie (regardless of whether the above is correct or not).

i'd agree. i don't think celeborn is out there, and i just don't buy glorfindel. i kept hoping tom bombadil was around, but like the movies, i think i'll be disappointed.

At this point I'm fairly certain every character in the game, is in the film. Commie likes posting the little pictures with every death!

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm in no rush to get through this day. I'll be at my computer for pretty much the next 24 hours writing a lame essay. I'd love to hear more from UK to be honest. I have no idea what his story is.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I was gonna post that...

Also, never accidentally google image search 'Glorfin'. You will lose your soul.

DeepThreat
04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Just for the record, if I'm not around during the day, it's because I'm at school.

It's looking like ATL, but I'll hold off a little longer.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Vote: Lynch Caddy

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
For what it's worth, I think this is what we are left with.

Gimli
Frodo
Gandalf
Sauron
Faramir
Witch King
Gollum
Eowyn
???
???

I also think it's possible Grima is still in play, maybe as the framer/roleblocker or something like that.

ImBrotherCain
04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Well I am about to head to bed... I will check in periodically until I fall asleep but I am sure that ATL is a Serial Killer. Hence my unwavering vote.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
i firmly believe atl is the serial killer.

I agree. Celeborn would have been much more believable.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:35 PM
For what it's worth, I think this is what we are left with.

Gimli
Frodo
Gandalf
Sauron
Faramir
Witch King
Gollum
Eowyn
???
???

I also think it's possible Grima is still in play, maybe as the framer/roleblocker or something like that.

Other potentials - Gamling, Bilbo.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 10:37 PM
gamling? what?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Gamling.jpg

JoeJoeBrown
04-10-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm going to bed.

If ATL is not a bad guy (SK or Mafia), then we need to rethink just whom is good.

VOTE LYNCH: ATL

Caddy
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm going to continue to refrain from voting, although I am still very much convinced that ATL is a lying liar and I still do not trust NJX. Others I'm suspicious of are Deep, JJB and UKFan.

comahan
04-10-2012, 11:27 PM
10 left, need 6 for majority

- ATL (4) : Cain, Grizz, joejoe, njx
- njx (1) : ATL
- Caddy (1) : CMD

Caddy
04-10-2012, 11:30 PM
I'd love for Gandalf to actually do something btw.

Caddy
04-10-2012, 11:47 PM
that's fair. i think atl is clearly the SK, and a good vote right now. i'm going to bed, but should be up in the morning and can answer literally any questions that might put your mind at ease.

The only thing that I can think of is a character reveal, but I've already been berated once for suggesting that... Eliminating the SK is more important at the moment I think. I would however be open, assuming ATL is in fact the SK, for him to admit it and be used as a tool for good rather than evil. Not sure he'd buy it, but Wooty was doing it during a game on DB once.

Rob S
04-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I'd love for Gandalf to actually do something btw.

njx didn't kill anyone or do anything last night. I can give you that.

Rob S
04-11-2012, 12:45 AM
lynch: ATL

It's going to happen. Might as well get er' done.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Vote: ATLZ

comahan
04-11-2012, 01:30 AM
With the council gathered at the edge of a huge waterfall within the mountains of Rivendell, the townspeople discussed many subjects, but eventually came to a decision. After evidence from both ImBrotherCain and Grizzlegom that pointed toward ATLDirtyBirds, the council agreed that it was time that they did away with his head. It wouldnt be as easy as that though, as ATL was nowhere to be seen when the townspeople went to apprehend him.

Darkness fell upon the council, and a low grumble met everyones ears. A red glow emanated from a far off distance as the villagers looked toward it, confused. What is this new devilry? Rob S bowed his head, his eyes closed, and a pain-stricken look on his face. Again, the fear inducing grumble fills the air as fear begins to consume the council.

"A demon of the ancient world," Rob says, almost mournfully, "This foe is beyond any of you."

The remaining townspeople begin to huddle in a far back corner, behind Rob who simply stands in place, staring toward the red glow that slowly inches toward them. Some looked toward the halls to flee, and others even looked toward the steep drop at the waterfall as an alternative escape route. But then theyre frozen in fear, as that red glow turns to fire. The same fire that has burned much of Rivendell in recent days, and the same fire that has devoured the bodies of Sam, Aragorn, and Galadriel. And from that fire rises a gigantic, sinister figure of darkness and flame, which seems to consume the whole of Rivendell.

Rob simply steps forward, almost a Guardian to those few who are still alive.

"You cannot pass!" Rob says, staring fixedly up at the great horned beast.

"I am the servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of Anor," Rob continues as he holds his staff out toward ATL, "The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun!"

And around Rob, a glowing shield forms, which is able to ward off the beasts attack as he draws a massive sword of flame, and brings it down upon Rob with intense ferocity! The shield breaks, but so does the sword. ATL growls menacingly, angered by this setback, and pulls a massive whip out of thin air. With the whip, he takes hold of Rob's staff and sends it flying in the other direction, far away from the field of battle, where it will not play a part in this fight.

ATL advances forward toward Rob and the others, when Rob draws his own sword, Glamdering, and brandishes the elven blade toward ATL.

"Go back to the Shadow!" Rob shouts as ATL takes one last step forward, now near enough Rob that it looks like he might envelop him in shadow and flame, "YOU... SHALL NOT... PASS!"

Holding the sword high into the air, a bolt of lightning appears in the sky, striking the blade and imbuing it with the power Rob needed to topple the beast. Coming forward with a mighty jab, Rob buries the lightning enchanted blade into the chest of the shadowy figure, causing him to cry out in pain, crumpling to the ground, writhing in agony, and falling over the side of the cliff down the waterfall.

Rob S has thrown down his enemy, and smote its ruin upon the mountainside.

ATLDirtyBirds [The Balrog, Flame of Udun] (Serial Killer) has been killed.

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/avl/pics/lotr/balrog.jpg

SEND ME YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS, YOU HAVE 24 HOURS BUT PLEASE MAKE IT LESS.

comahan
04-11-2012, 12:44 PM
After the events of yesterday, the free peoples arrived at the council of the now deceased Lord Elrond, and found that there were only 8 to their number. Who was it this time? Who had joined the countless others to die in this war for middle earth?

It doesnt take long to find the body, as a long trail of blood fills the marble halls of Rivendell. When they arrive at the source of the bleeding, the townspeople's eyes call upon an evil wretch of a creature, small and slimy, emaciated and gaunt. His sallow skin now stained red with his own blood, ukfan's throat had been slashed some time during the night.

UKfan [Gollum, Treacherous Deceiver] (Serial Killer) has been killed.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3827/131222gollumlsms1208.jpg

With 8 people left, 5 are needed for majority.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks CMD!

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Well that worked out! The person I watched last night went untargeted.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Well once we hear from Cain we can move on with things. Obviously NJX is at the top of the list, but I think we need to consider Deep and JJB.

Also, Gandalf, can you do anything cool?

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Ok, I will be busy for the next few hours.

I think the obvious vote is for njx. I see no way that he was framed.

I feel confident that the good guys are going to win now. Gollum scared me and now he is gone.

Two SKs down. We have CMD (Sauron or the witch king?). We very likely have njx as evil. That should be it, no? Let's kill njx and then CMD and win.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Caddy, I am the goodest of the good.

Here is the list of remaining people:
==================
Confirmed GOOD or very likely GOOD
==================
rob s (Definitely Good. He's Gandalf)
joejoebrown (Definitely Good)
grizz (Says he's an investigator, has turned up some helpful info).
caddy (Very aggressive play style. Cain says his role is a townie with 1x body armor)
cain(an investigator of some sort).

===================
Suspicious or confirmed EVIL
===================
cmd (Definitely evil, like Saruman or Sauron).
njx (Snicho says he's evil. Maybe framed but doubtful?)
=================

=================
Debatable
=================
brodeur (I have zero read on him).
deep (Has been very quiet)

Caddy
04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
This is how I see things:

Rob
Gandalf duh

Cain
Grizz
Both good, assuming no super awesome double cross

CMD
Beyond a doubt evil

NJX
Returned an evil investigation - framed perhaps?

JJB
Deep
Both claim to be inactive/no power. One or both evil?

Caddy
04-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Nobody has confirmed you as good JJB. Why should we believe you aren't evil?

Caddy
04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Care to elaborate on why we should keep you njx? Are you 100% vanilla townie?

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
So I investigated JJB last night... Part of his role makes me kinda nervous :-/

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I've got the same as Caddy except swap my name with his haha. Deep is definitely someone im wary of as a potential baddie. with 27 total people i'd say theres a good chance theres 3 more baddies left given there's only 4 dead.

JoeJoeBrown
This is how I see things:

Rob
Gandalf duh

Cain
Grizz
Both good, assuming no super awesome double cross

CMD
Beyond a doubt evil

NJX
Returned an evil investigation - framed perhaps?

JJB
Deep
Both claim to be inactive/no power. One or both evil?

I didn't claim that I have no power. I said that I had no active night powers or PMs. I am definitely good.

Since there appears to have been two mafias, (Saruman vs Sauron), I'm wondering if either side was actively trying to gun to eliminate the other.

In that case, people that look good and are aggressive may have just been mafia eliminating competition.

In that case, Caddy and/or Cain look suspicious.

I still don't see how or why njx was framed. I think he is the safest vote.

I have zero read on Deep.

Caddy
Come on Cain, just spill the beans already.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Tell us what you discovered Cain.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
He can't be killed at night... Thats what my investigation turned up.

Caddy
I've got the same as Caddy except swap my name with his haha. Deep is definitely someone im wary of as a potential baddie. with 27 total people i'd say theres a good chance theres 3 more baddies left given there's only 4 dead.

I think it is 3 at most, with a good chance of 2. BTW If everyone role claims good is guaranteed to win.

Grizzlegom

he's kinda implying he's frodo so anything to confirm that...

Rob S
04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Well once we hear from Cain we can move on with things. Obviously NJX is at the top of the list, but I think we need to consider Deep and JJB.

Also, Gandalf, can you do anything cool?

Gandalf's power is limited at this point with the exception of being the ******* man in write ups.

I protected Cain last night.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
He can't be killed at night... Thats what my investigation turned up.

I can confirm that this is my power.

Do not lynch me.

I am the ring bearer.

I hope this doesn't get me killed.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Frodo and Sauron seem like the only two that would have that ability. Since we're pretty sure we know who Sauron is...

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:01 PM
You don't claim that role unless you are the guy...

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Thats true. You just often don't see good guys who cannot be killed at night. That was my main worry.

JoeJoeBrown
You don't claim that role unless you are the guy...

I am Frodo. Hear me roar.

Rob S
Also with njx, it obviously doesn't clear him at all, but he had no night actions 2 nights ago.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
We're down to Deep and njx at this point...I'd love to hear more from both in terms of any defense.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
The only people whose character I'm not sure on remaining are Cain, NJX and Deep.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Also with njx, it obviously doesn't clear him at all, but he had no night actions 2 nights ago.

I have no idea why he would be framed.

This is my list in order:

njx
deep
Caddy

If njx is indeed evil, we gun for CMD next.
If that doesnt' work, go for deep next. Then CMD.

Etc...

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:05 PM
The only people whose character I'm not sure on remaining are Cain, NJX and Deep.

And you. You and Cain could be in cahoots (super double awesome play if so).

I only give that credence as you are experienced and superior players.

Caddy

njx
deep
Caddy

Etc...

-____________________-

Now I'm evil?

JoeJoeBrown
-____________________-

Now I'm evil?

See my other post.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM

njx
deep
Caddy

Etc...

Well right now Deep isnt playing the way he normally does and that is far more disconcerting.

JoeJoeBrown
-____________________-

Now I'm evil?

Only if those two aren't. You can Cain would have to be playing a great game for that to work.

Caddy

I'll reveal my character if it helps... I lost my 'armor' a few nights ago so it doesn't help me anymore and I can be killed. The only reason I've kept it a secret is because it is small enough that it could be claimed by another character.

Rob S
I feel like njx is the best play here.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Well right now Deep isnt playing the way he normally does and that is far more disconcerting.

But njx came up evil. Why would njx be framed when that investigation occurred?

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM

He said he would elaborate on his role/ability so I think it's for the best we wait. No rash decisions here. If we lose a good guy and there are 3 bad guys left, we could potentially lose the game right now.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Okay... so what you are telling me is that since I gave forth a Mafia member, cleared caddy, outed the one of the SKs and then proceeded to give you your exact role I am suspicious... :suicide:

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:09 PM

I agree, just trying to weed out everyone else

Caddy
Can Gimli just reveal himself already god damnit

JoeJoeBrown
I'll reveal my character if it helps... I lost my 'armor' a few nights ago so it doesn't help me anymore and I can be killed. The only reason I've kept it a secret is because it is small enough that it could be claimed by another character.

Don't reveal it. I don't think you are evil, but you would be next on the list if those guys turn up good just due to the Cain-Caddy combo confirmation.

I really didn't want to reveal mine, but after being investigated, I had to. Once Gollum was gone, I felt much safer about revealing it.

Then, again, the mafia might be able to kill me now that they know who I am. Oh well, I couldn't risk being lynched.

We need to get this right.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Can Gimli just reveal himself already god damnit

No, I feel that we need the fellowship to at least remain partially hidden in case there is some win case for the fellowship being destroyed.

I have a good clue whom it is, but I'm not revealing it.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Commie said he prefers no revealing and I for one don't wish to invoke the wrath of the games "god"

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:11 PM
The obvious candidate is Cain, but I don't really see how his power lines up. My thoughts before now were that Cain was Frodo.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
The obvious candidate is Cain, but I don't really see how his power lines up. My thoughts before now were that Cain was Frodo.

I honestly thought you were him for a while but if not, its gotta be Deep or njx...right?

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I honestly thought you were him for a while but if not, its gotta be Deep or njx...right?

I can confirm I'm not Gimli. Only problem with one of Deep/NJX being Gimli is that I have no idea who Cain could be. Pretty much all the important characters are either revealed/dead.

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Okay... so what you are telling me is that since I gave forth a Mafia member, cleared caddy, outed the one of the SKs and then proceeded to give you your exact role I am suspicious... :suicide:

You could be a mafia investigator for all that we know.

Like I said, it looks like there were two mafia factions.

If njx and deep are good, then that leaves you and Caddy as the obvious combo (you have not revealed your role, and you are the only one to have confirmed Caddy). You have helped eliminate bad guys, but if there were two mafias and two SKs, then you were working on eliminating the competition while looking like a "good".

I'm not saying it's very likely, but that's the deduction if we swing and miss on two guys (assuming we stick with njx and deep). If you can't see the logic in that as a backup, then maybe I give you too much credence :waiting:

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I can confirm I'm not Gimli. Only problem with one of Deep/NJX being Gimli is that I have no idea who Cain could be. Pretty much all the important characters are either revealed/dead.

Right. And he wonders why he's on my radar as a backup mafiaoso.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Deep and NJX need to contribute something of worth before I cast a vote.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Agreed, and yea, I'm not sure which character Cain is either

JoeJoeBrown

Yeah, I will be out for a few hours.

It sounds like njx is only going to post tonight when he gets off of work.

So let's be patient and wait.

Caddy
I agree. No need to rush. Good has this game won provided we take our time and let Deep/NJX chime in.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 01:28 PM

I'm thinking the fact that some people haven't died is because of me.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Just for comparison's sake, we have 8 people left alive. You figure Sauron, The Witch King of Angmar, Frodo, Gimli, Faramir, Gandalf, and Eowyn are 7 of the 8 people left so if anyone is claiming to be someone else, they jump to the top of my suspicious list.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
You gotta give us more than that at this stage Deep. Last person who ended up publicly claiming a protecting role was the damn Balrog.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 01:30 PM
You gotta give us more than that at this stage Deep. Last person who ended up publicly claiming a protecting role was the damn Balrog.

I really don't want to say my role (purely because I hate it when games go that way), but I am one of the people who has been listed.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:31 PM
I really don't want to say my role (purely because I hate it when games go that way), but I am one of the people who has been listed.

One of the evil ones... Are you Gimli, Eowyn or Faramir?

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
One of the evil ones... Are you Gimli, Eowyn or Faramir?

Fine, I'll just say it. I'm Gimli.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Fine, I'll just say it. I'm Gimli.

I am inclined to believe you. Given how many protectors died early, I can see Gimli as a protector so I think you would be wise to have been laying low as you have.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 01:37 PM
I am inclined to believe you. Given how many protectors died early, I can see Gimli as a protector so I think you would be wise to have been laying low as you have.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised no one investigated me yet.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm beginning to suspect Cain can't be trusted...

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Do you think he's the ring? just a thought...

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Do you think he's the ring? just a thought...

Maybe the Eye of Sauron?

Also I kinda feel like the person who killed Gollum is Grima.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Wormtongue does seem the most likely to be the 8th person IMO. I still don't know exactly who you or Cain is character-wise but I could buy Grima being a role-investigator...

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Maybe the Eye of Sauron?

Also I kinda feel like the person who killed Gollum is Grima.

The Eye of Sauron as a Watcher ie Grizzle makes soooo much sense. Just sayin'

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Alright since it will surely be my death any way I am Grima. I am a neutral character that appears to be on both sides. I have the role cop ability... I win when one side wins and I am alive :-/

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Alright since it will surely be my death any way I am Grima. I am a neutral character that appears to be on both sides. I have the role cop ability... I win when one side wins and I am alive :-/

Certainly sounds like njx is the witch king then.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I'll buy that you are Grima, but I don't buy that you are neutral.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
You can or you can't... I sure as hell wouldn't come forth with this information if I was one of the ones it takes to kill Sauron. If I was truly evil I would have come up with some fake as Elf character like Haldir to cover my ass

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Either way, I'm pretty convinced that njx is the witch king now. We haven't seen a framer yet and none of the other bad guys makes sense as one so I have no reason to question Snicho's intel from a few days ago that njx is evil.

lynch:njx

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Just so everyone knows. Wormtongue slit Saruman's throat in the books, kinda like how Gollum's throat was slit last night...

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Wouldn't that make sense as to me being neutral though?

Caddy
04-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't that make sense as to me being neutral though?

It also would mean you are lying about being a role cop and that you can night kill. The Witch King (assuming he is in play) would not slit someones throat.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Technically any character in the mafia can usually night kill. I still think either way njx is definitively evil at this point. Kill him and we know we're getting an evil character. We can start voting to lynch CMD tomorrow and if he disappears on us again, we lynch IBC and call it a day...

Caddy
04-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Technically any character in the mafia can usually night kill. I still think either way njx is definitively evil at this point. Kill him and we know we're getting an evil character. We can start voting to lynch CMD tomorrow and if he disappears on us again, we lynch IBC and call it a day...

Why the sudden need to press for night to come? I'm beginning to think my suspicions on who you are may be off.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Not really pressing for night, just pressing to finish this game up to move on to the next one :)

Assuming we believe everyone (which its tough not to considering nobody has disputed anyone else in terms of character claiming), I think I know who each one of the remaining 8 people are so I'm just ready for the next challenge haha

Caddy
04-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Not really pressing for night, just pressing to finish this game up to move on to the next one :)

Assuming we believe everyone (which its tough not to considering nobody has disputed anyone else in terms of character claiming), I think I know who each one of the remaining 8 people are so I'm just ready for the next challenge haha

There is no rush. Lets give NJX time to reveal why we should let him live.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Alright

Unlynch:njx

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Im telling you I have not killed anyone... My ability is that of Role cop. How else would i know what i know

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Just speculating but Sauron could be a role cop and he could be relaying the info to you. That's exactly how the HP game was setup. Voldy was the role investigator and he was informing R4L so that's how R4L got by saying he was one for so long.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah that's pretty obvious Cain. You know better than that. Bad guys can speak to each other at night.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Why would i come forth with that info if i was on the evil side... Ill tell you right now after njx dies sauron can die... If not he vanishes in a puff of smoke and you get to lynch me

Caddy
04-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Why would i come forth with that info if i was on the evil side... Ill tell you right now after njx dies sauron can die... If not he vanishes in a puff of smoke and you get to lynch me

Because you wanted us to believe you were neutral and not a threat...

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Again i tell you if i am evil then CMD doesnt die during thelynch tomorrow and the lynch continues untill you kill me

Caddy
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Again i tell you if i am evil then CMD doesnt get lynched tomorrow and the lynch continues untill you kill me

Or maybe we lose because by that time it is already too late. Also Grima as a rolecop makes very little sense to me.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Unless sarun can nuke the game the town wins and i would like too win along with the town

Caddy
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't even know what you are talking about any more.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't really see how we'd be "too far behind" after one more night...with the SKs dead, I don't see how they could kill anymore than one person at night so unless we screw up the vote and lynch someone that isn't evil, I don't see how we could possibly be "too far behind" tomorrow...

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Sorru on my phone. Getting my car fixed should be jome soon to explain

Rob S
04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Unless njx is good, there is no way I can see us losing the game tonight.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Okay this is what I am saying... We lynch NJX today. Tomorrow we lynch Drew, If I am lying about being neutral the lynch wont go through we will be forced to pick another person to lynch which by default would be me. Pretty straight forward.

What I was saying in response to Caddy's post is that unless Saruon has the ability to kill 6 people the town is going to win and I would like to win along with it.

Vote: NJX

JoeJoeBrown
04-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Im telling you I have not killed anyone... My ability is that of Role cop. How else would i know what i know

You could have tried to kill me last night and found out that I am unkillable at night. So you moved on to another target.

Just saying, we don't know.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:07 PM
So you are Gimli and Deep is not?

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:07 PM
deep is a liar. night one, i protected jbond. after grizz came forward, i've protected him every night since. i assume rob used a jailkeeper or something on me two nights ago, which is why i would've taken no actions. the only thing that's making anyone think i'm evil was snicho's post, or because you agree with jbond that me voting for dg was anything other than entertainment. it seems likely to me that evil would have a framer, and i'm not sure why it's out of the question that it would've been used on me at any point in time, or even multiple times.

I like how you say I'm a liar with no evidence. Snicho said you're evil, and this post confirms it.

Lynch njx

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 04:08 PM
We have two Gimlis!

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Don't ignore what Snicho, a confirmed seer, said.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Also, a few night's ago Rob had mentioned that he targeted to watch me hoping to find a role blocker and he said nobody else targeted me or something like that. Rob, can you confirm what happened there?

Edit: I say that because njx has said he's been protecting me so if you watched me and saw no one target me, he was lying.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
because snicho could've been tricked? all the evidence i need is that you're a liar.

Of course he could have been tricked, but the odds are strongly against it.

A seer has said you're evil. None has said that about me.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:14 PM
they're all dead, and none have investigated you. no one has come forward to say that you're good either. terrible defense.

It's not at all a terrible defense when one has come forward and said you're evil.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
because they haven't actually investigated you. you don't think grizz would jump to your defense? you don't think anyone would've mentioned you were good? there's one account of me being evil, in one week.

There is no proof I'm evil, while there is proof that you are.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
you have a strange definition of the word 'proof', moreso considering no framers have been killed yet.

There weren't any framers in Commie's last game...

And again, the odds of them framing you, on the night Snicho investigates you, when no one is calling you suspicious, are extremely low.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Who is Gimli?

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Who is Gimli?

I am... Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:22 PM
This is very interesting.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah this is pretty intense.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
This is very interesting.

http://itbloodpressure.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/owens.jpg

In all seriousness, I think Rob can confirm/deny njx's story so I'm just gonna wait for him to come back...

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:25 PM
You guys have my word... And my axe.

Rob S
04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Also, a few night's ago Rob had mentioned that he targeted to watch me hoping to find a role blocker and he said nobody else targeted me or something like that. Rob, can you confirm what happened there?

Edit: I say that because njx has said he's been protecting me so if you watched me and saw no one target me, he was lying.

Yeah, well, it was odd because commie messed up the role a bit. He said that if I targeted you, I could see if anyone took action on you, but he meant to say that I could see what actions you took. Anyway, after I put in my night action, Commie sent me back a pm saying that you had targeted brody and I wrote him back asking why I got that info as it didnt match the role as described.

He wrote me back and explained that he messe dup writing the role, but even if I did find out who targeted you, nothing would have been helpful. I basically interpreted that to mean nobody targeted you.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi guys

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/3/30/Eowyn.jpg

DeepThreat
:njx:

deep's been suspicious and mentioned as such, every single week. other than jbond, when was i suspicious at all, prior to snicho's post? deep's name came up every. single. day. maybe snicho investigated him and was roleblocked, or deep was protected or something. but he's absolutely lying, and he's absolutely evil.

Yet no one has come out with proof that I'm evil. Like you said, you weren't seen as suspicious, which makes the investigation result all the more convincing.

Why would someone frame a non-suspicious townie? That doesn't make sense at all.

Grizzlegom
Yeah, well, it was odd because commie messed up the role a bit. He said that if I targeted you, I could see if anyone took action on you, but he meant to say that I could see what actions you took. Anyway, after I put in my night action, Commie sent me back a pm saying that you had targeted brody and I wrote him back asking why I got that info as it didnt match the role as described.

He wrote me back and explained that he messe dup writing the role, but even if I did find out who targeted you, nothing would have been helpful. I basically interpreted that to mean nobody targeted you.

Did you jailkeep him at all?

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi guys

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/3/30/Eowyn.jpg

My future wife finally shows her true colors.

Rob S
04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Did you jailkeep him at all?

I jailkept njx 2 nights ago.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:32 PM
why would snicho investigate a non-suspicious townie? probably for the same reason. and again, no one has come out with proof that i'm evil. snicho returned ONE result.

There's significantly more proof of you being evil than there is of me... All the evidence against me is based on flawed logic. The evidence against you is based on an investigation, which could be messed up one way, and one way only.

That one way is pretty unlikely.

Rob S
also, I will be in and out for the entire night. school sucks.

Grizzlegom
I jailkept njx 2 nights ago.

Well that leads a little more credence to his story...who do we believe guys? Who is the real Gimli??

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:33 PM
there was ONE investigation. people have been suspicious of your play from the first day, and they haven't not been suspicious a single day since.

Investigations have a significantly better success rate than "suspicions".

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:38 PM
tell that to renji in the potter game.

Renji did have the power to investigate in that game.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
and if i remember right, threw out at least one at random hunch that was spot on.

further, to the framing, of bloody course they'd frame someone who looked good. what, are they going to frame rob after he was ressurrected? are they going to frame atl, who was already "evil"? of course they're going to pick some unknown townie, in the hopes that someone investigates him. and especially after jbond had already thrown out my name before he died.

I doubt they knew who ATL or UKFan were.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I still don't understand how you can argue that a seers 'proof' that you are evil is less credible than a suspicion.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Well this is interesting. There's no way Gimli would ever turn up as evil unless there was a framer. There's only two players that could be framers, Cain or CMD. I don't see any reason that CMD/Sauron would be a framer but he could be an investigator. That means Cain COULD theoretically be a framer and he's just using the info he's getting from Sauron to pose as an investigator.

So I see two courses of action here, lynch Deep or NJX, if we choose incorrectly and Cain is indeed evil, we're down to 3-3 when the day begins tomorrow assuming the evil people kill an unprotected player. What happens if you are even with that few people? Seems impossible to get a majority at that point...

If we lynch Cain today, we could find ourselves having to choose between njx and Deep once again tomorrow unless someone finds information tonight damning one of them, which could still put in a position where we need to make a tough decision and, if wrong, could put us in position to lose.

Personally, I am more inclined to believe that njx is evil because the night he was jailkept, only two people died and they were killed by ATL and UKFan meaning the mafia didn't kill anyone that night, meaning either the person was protected or njx was supposed to do the kill and he was prevented by being jailkept. That, combined with the evil investigation leads me to believe he's our true Witch King.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
further, why would evil use anyone other than CMD to kill? he was known evil. there's no risk to sending him every single time.

Because CMD is Sauron, and he has to send someone else to do the kill.

Grizzlegom
further, why would evil use anyone other than CMD to kill? he was known evil. there's no risk to sending him every single time.

I'm inclined to believe Sauron can't kill considering he's either trapped in a ring or he's an eye at the top of a tower.

Caddy
I believe the kill Grizz is referring to was a strangling...

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
I believe the kill Grizz is referring to was a strangling...

That too. The two kills that night were the burning fire thing that Balrog was doing and a strangling.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:58 PM
or he's *not* sauron and we badly misread an event.

Who else would disappear in 'sinister black smoke'

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 04:58 PM
or he's *not* sauron and we badly misread an event.

There is no other way to read it.

In the last game, there was one unlynchable character, Voldemort. And the situation that unfolded with CMD was exactly what would have happened had Voldemort been lynched.

CMD is Sauron.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 04:59 PM
someone protected by sauron? why would sauron disappear in sinister black smoke? that doesn't fit his character at all.

It doesn't fit anyones, but it is definitely very evil.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Actually, Voldemort could have been lynched before his DEs were killed, it just would have failed. Sauron disappeared, allowing us to lynch someone else. So not completely identical.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't feel like dealing with this.

Vote: Cain

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Actually, Voldemort could have been lynched before his DEs were killed, it just would have failed. Sauron disappeared, allowing us to lynch someone else. So not completely identical.

The disappearing thing was pretty much identical. The only difference is that one ended the day, and one didn't.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Seriously Caddy... I told you what we need to do plain and god damn simple. You kill me you are killing someone that can freaking help you.

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't feel like dealing with this.

Vote: Cain

Postponing it is only going to hurt us. Gives the baddies time to kill someone else.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Well I've convinced myself that njx is indeed the Witch King.

Lynch: njx

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 05:07 PM
deep is a liar. i can't put it any plainer than that.

Or any better, apparently, because that is your entire argument.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Unvote: Cain
Vote: NJX

Snicho's investigation FTW or L!

DeepThreat
04-11-2012, 05:10 PM
you need to learn how to read. i've explained what i've done each night, and why i didn't have an action two nights ago. you've just claimed the role and pointed at snicho as evidence, while discounting the entirely real possibility that i was framed as impossible. you've further discounted, without any reason whatsoever, why it was likely that i could've been framed. and you've offered no defense, whatsoever, of yourself.

I didn't say you being framed was impossible, but it is highly unlikely.

I don't need to defend myself. I have not voted to lynch an innocent person, and I've been one of the first to vote for evil people. No one has investigated and found me evil.

Right now, the only evidence against me is baseless accusations and you calling me a liar.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 05:13 PM
you're all lynching gimli because of a single investigation and because deep hasn't said a single thing to suggest he's innocent.

To me it was that plus the night you were jailkept, there was no kill by Sauron's forces. I realize they could have targeted a protected player but it was already brought forth the day before that you were evil so there really wasn't any risk sending you to do the kill again. We all just got sidetracked into thinking Gollum might be evil instead of neutral. We'll find out soon enough who was lying.

comahan
04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
As storm clouds wrapped Rivendell in a dark shadow, the members of the Council of Elrond—the remaining ones—gathered around njx9, intent on taking his life. Is this the last murder that the townspeople will have to bring themselves to commit?

As njx is surrounded by the other seven members of the town, he screams. It isnt a scream in terror, for he shows zero fear. No, its a scream OF terror, sending chills of dread down the spines of everyone around him. As the townspeople freeze at the sound of this horrific screeching noise, huge gusts of wind are discernible overhead, and a massive fellbeast descends upon the council!

The winged monster, dragonlike in appearance, is met by Caddy, as he tells the others to remain focused on njx, to kill him before he can escape. But njx isnt coming quietly. In addition to the appearance of the fellbeast, njx pulls from his robes a titanic spiked flail, which he spins overhead, threatening to crush anyone who comes near.

The townspeople are driven back, as the fellbeast attempts to strike Caddy. Caddy though, evades it, and with one swift stroke, brings his sword down upon the neck of the beast, severing its head! The gigantic winged horror slumps to the ground, causing njx to screech once more.

Ignoring everyone else, njx advances upon caddy, intent on slaying the individual that killed his beast.

"Take one more step, Nazgul, and I will kill you," says Caddy.

"Kill me?" njx hisses, his breath cold as ice in response to Caddy's claim, "No man can kill me!"

He rears back, ready to bring is flail down upon Caddy, when for the final time, he shrieks. A blinding white light, courtesy of Rob's staff, causes njx to freeze in place, evidently in searing pain as the light consumes him. Caddy steps up to njx, his head held high.

"I am no man," Caddy says, "IM AN AUSSIE!" He then drives the point of his sword right into njx's shadowy face!

njx's face contorts in pure agony as his begins to lose all resemblance of human form. Then in a rush of wind, and explosion of air that nearly knocks everyone off of their feet, his robes and metal helm drop to the ground. Once a man, corrupted into the service of Sauron so many years before, captaining his armies and leading the Nazgul, njx has finally been conquered.

njx9 [The Witch King, Lord of the Nazgul ] (Role Blocker) has been killed.

http://www.criticalgamers.com/archives/pictures/WitchKing.6.30.06.JPG

SEND ME YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS, YOU HAVE 24 HOURS BUT PLEASE MAKE IT LESS.

comahan
04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
An entire week this has gone on, and with blood being spilled every night thus far. Last night was no exception. Expecting to lose one of their own, it's no shock when the council gathers and it is only six men. DeepThreat was missing.

He is quickly found, his short frame spread out in a doorway, his axe laying at his side, and the entire left side of his body COMPLETELY caved in, bludgeoned to death by a weapon of some kind. This isnt something the townspeople have yet seen, and it shakes them. Who else could be out there, that would commit an act as evil as this one?

DeepThreat [Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor] (Rolestopper) has been killed.

With 6 people remaining, 4 are needed for majority!

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/299/200890-gimli_large.jpg

Rob S
04-11-2012, 06:50 PM
lynch: CMD

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Lets win this game!

Lynch CMD

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Did you look into anyone last night IBC? Just curious haha

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I looked into you... I know this is pretty obvious but you are a watcher. Caddy's suspicion made me look... Especially after we proved that NJX wasn't Gimli

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 06:55 PM
In that case

Lynch:IBC

He targeted Deep last night.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Dude I am telling you I looked at you... If I wouldn't get Mod Killed then I would literally quote Commie.

You target someone to see if they target who targets that person. I can't have two roles her boss... Also I am pretty damn sure I am not Sauron. So the write up doesn't fit.

Rob S
04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Well, thats cool. I trust Grizz more than IBC.

unvote: CMD

vote: IBC

Rob S
04-11-2012, 06:58 PM
actually.....unvote:IBC

Let's make sure we get this right.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 06:59 PM
I was just about to do the same thing,

unvote:IBC

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I watched Deep last night. My PM from Commie said that IBC targeted Deep. I am not aware of any sort of role that will mess up what a watcher sees.

Caddy
04-11-2012, 07:00 PM
vote: cainnnn

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I watched Deep last night. My PM from Commie said that IBC targeted Deep. I am not aware of any sort of role that will mess up what a watcher sees.

So by this you are saying I am Sauron? No other role makes sense for

entire left side of his body COMPLETELY caved in, bludgeoned to death by a weapon of some kind. This isnt something the townspeople have yet seen

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 07:03 PM
So by this you are saying I am Sauron? No other role makes sense for

You could be that big ass troll.

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/8/88/Ctrol.jpg

Rob S
04-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Well, if we try to lynch Drew again is there any risk to us? If he just disappears again, then were fine and kill IBC.

Could it skip directly to the night phase?

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm back on the lynching you train.

Lynch:IBC

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Well, if we try to lynch Drew again is there any risk to us? If he just disappears again, then were fine and kill IBC.

Could it skip directly to the night phase?

This is what I said yesterday... If we try to lynch him and he disappears we get another lynch. Which then I am clearly dead

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
The only way it makes sense is if Sauron has some badass ability where he can make anyone he wants do the kill if he's the last mafia player alive. personally, we know who everyone else is at this point so I'd say lynch Cain to be sure and if it turns out he really is telling the truth, there's still 4 people alive tomorrow (after losing someone tonight) and then we kill CMD tomorrow.

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Or I really am Sauron Muahahaha

Rob S
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Whatevs.

lynch: cain

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Well seeing as we should have won this game if it wasn't for stupid ass role reveals.

Lynch: Cain

**** theme games. I am done with them

Rob S
04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
hahahahahahah

ImBrotherCain
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Too late the 4 hit.

comahan
04-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Another day, another decision that the council has to make in regards to who they will kill. Today, it is Cain that the people of the council surround. Suspicions have run from every remaining soul in Rivendell, and it's all lead back to Cain after evidence given by Grizz.

Cain protests, he pleads, he claims to be on the side of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, a true member of the council. Hes valuable, he says, and loyal. But the evidence is too damning, and its from this evidence that Cain is seized.

"AGH, ORC BLOOD!" one of you yells when Cain is pierced by a sword. But wait, thats not Orc blood, its... worse. Smokey black smog-like substance begins to pour out of Cain, and from that substance, darkness seems to fill the sky and choke out the sun. Cain begins to grow into something tall and fierce and terrible, more terrible than you can imagine, a walking nightmare which has haunted the peoples of middle earth for ages.

"I am no Orc," Cain spits, disgusted by the idea, "I do no ones bidding. I am the greatest power to walk these lands since my master Morgoth before me. And you WILL face my wrath!"

The council begins to fight as theyve never fought before, but without the ring, Sauron is mortal. With the efforts of everyone involved, Cain is brought to the ground, and in a swarm of swords, the smoggy blackness that flows from his veins finally runs out, and Cain lay there an empty shell of himself, defeated. The shadow overhead begins to fade away, revealing true nightfall. A more peaceful nightfall than ever before.

ImBrotherCain [Sauron, The Dark Lord] (Bulletproof Role Cop) has been killed.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9831/sauronip.jpg

NIGHT 7 NIGHT ACTIONS, SEND IN 20 MINUTES OR I BLOW UP YOUR HOUSE.

comahan
04-11-2012, 07:29 PM
No deaths occur. Weeee.

5 left, 3 needed for majority.

Grizzlegom
04-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Lynch:CMD (10 characters)

Rob S
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
lynch:CMD

Yay!

Caddy