PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Mafia TOWN WINS!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

comahan
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
THE LORD OF THE RINGS

An evil plague is spreading in the west. Once thought to have been defeated, Sauron, the enemy of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, has returned. With mighty forces of evil at his command, it is only a matter of time before he covers all the lands with darkness.

Yet hope remains. Legend tells of a last alliance of Men and Elves uniting under one banner to march against the armies of Mordor, defeating Sauron on the slopes of Mount Doom. Evil however, was allowed to endure.

With Sauron returning, The Free Peoples must once again come together, unite as one, and bring Sauron and his forces down for good. But it will be more difficult than they know. Not only have Sauron's orcs multiplied... not only has his fortress of Barad Dur been rebuilt in the land of Mordor... but Saruman, Wizard of Isengard, has joined his side. With this union of the Two Towers, Sauron and Saruman threaten to rule this Middle Earth.

-- Do NOT PM each other. Automatic mod kill if caught doing so. Please report if someone does PM you.

-- All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before changing your vote. Don't use bold if it's not to lynch or unlynch.

-- Set your profile to invisible mode.

TOWN WINS!

Alive: 4
rob s
joejoebrown
caddy
grizz

Deceased:
TheBoyWonder [Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark] (Hunter) was lynched - Day 1
TACKLE [Meriadoc Brandybuck, Rohirrim Squire] (Sibling) was killed - Day 1
fenikz [Arwen, Fair Elf Maiden] (Jailkeeper) was killed - Night 1
OSUGiants [Samwise Gamee, Resolute Halfling] (Guard) was killed - Night 1
Rob S [Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim] (Doctor) was killed - Night 1
draftguru151 [Peregrin Took, Guard of Minas Tirith] (Sibling) committed suicide - Day 2
ngatachance92 [Lurtz, Servant of Saruman] (Vanguard) was lynched - Day 2
vidae [Theoden, King of the Golden Hall] (Motivator) was killed - Night 2
SuperMcGee [Aragorn, Ranger of the North] (Role Cop) was killed - Night 2
Rob S [Gandalf, The White Wizard] (???) returned - Day 3
Shane P. Hallam [Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood] (Tracker) was killed - Day 3
Bulldogs [The Mouth of Sauron] (Universal Backup turned Hunter) was lynched - Day 3
Renji [Treebeard, Guardian of Fangorn] (Two-Shot Bodyguard) was killed - Night 3
Todd Bertuzzi [Gothmog, Servant of the Eye] (Vanguard) was killed - Night 3
CJSchneider (Two-Shot Honorable Vigilante) was killed - Night 3
Dr Gonzo [Saruman, Wizard of Isengard] (Governor) was lynched - day 4
Snicho [Galadriel, Lady of Light] (Seer) was killed - Night 4
Brodeur [Elrond, Lord of Rivendell] (Backup Doctor) was killed - Night 4
ATLDirtyBirds [The Balrog, Flame of Udun] (Serial Killer) was lynched - day 5
UKfan [Gollum, Treacherous Deceiver] (Serial Killer) was killed - Night 5
njx9 [The Witch King, Lord of the Nazgul] (Role Blocker) was lynched - day 6
DeepThreat [Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor] (Rolestopper) was killed - Night 6
ImBrotherCain [Sauron, The Dark Lord] (Bulletproof Role Cop) was lynched - day 7
CashMoneyDrew [Grima, Wormtongue] (Tailor) was lynched - day 8

[B]Table of Contents:
I. Day One Begins (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2938894&#post2938894)
> i. TBW is lynched, takes TACKLE down with him D1
(http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2939560&#post2939560)II. Dawn of Day Two: Four Dead (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2939934&#post2939934)
> i. draftguru151 stabs himself to relieve the misery D2 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2940059&#post2940059)
> ii. ngatachance92 is decapitated D2 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2940099&#post2940099)
III. Dawn of Day Three: Kings of Men fall, Gandalf Returns (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2940799&#post2940799)
> i. CashMoneyDrew eludes lynching D3 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2941034&#post2941034)
> ii. Bulldogs is filled with arrows, stabs Shane P Hallam in the skull D3 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2941231&#post2941231)
IV. Dawn of Day Four: Domino Effect (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2941937&#post2941937)
> i. Gonzo's staff is broken, and his life is ended D4 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2942514&#post2942514)
V. Dawn of Day Five: The Time of the Elves is Over (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2942756&#post2942756)
> i. ATLDirtyBirds' flame is extinguished D5 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2943065&#post2943065)
VI. Dawn of Day Five: UKfan's time is up, precious! (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2943456&#post2943456)
> i. njx, Lord of the Nazgul, falls D6 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2943987&#post2943987)
VII. Dawn of Day Seven: Deepthreat no longer draws breath (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2944024&#post2944024)
> i. Cain, The enemy of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, is destroyed (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2944089&#post2944089)
VIII. Game Over! (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2944101&#post2944101)
IX. Townie Roles (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2944170&#post2944170)
X. Mafia and Neutral Roles (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2944172&#post2944172)

Snicho
04-07-2012, 09:06 PM
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
You have my sword, and my word.

DeepThreat
04-07-2012, 09:09 PM
So... kill D-Unit?

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
So... kill D-Unit?

Or DG. Never trust a ginger.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Anybody got any halflings leaf and if so, can one of yall hook a brother up?

comahan
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Oh, no-lynching IS allowed, unlike last game. Do what you wish.

fenikz
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
puff puff pass then we can have 2nd breakfast

DeepThreat
thisthisthisthis.

Also, never trust one not in favor of lynching a ginger.

Dr. Gonzo
With APS and D-Unit not in the game, this lynch becomes harder. I have never been a fan of no lynch just because I always like collection info but I am curious to hear what others think.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I'll say this, though it will be unpopular, but it doesn't appear to be against the rules. Not necessarily right now, Day 1, but once we get comfy, everyone revealing their characters isn't a bad thing. Make the bad guys think on their feet, take out the lowly characters and likely get an easy victory. Just something to keep in mind if we have some early success, but it has generally worked in themed games pretty well.

DeepThreat
With APS and D-Unit not in the game, this lynch becomes harder. I have never been a fan of no lynch just because I always like collection info but I am curious to hear what others think.

I am adamantly against a no lynch.

vidae
I've never been a fan of no-lynch either. Getting any information is better than getting no information.

That said, if we decide as a unit that we want to no-lynch I'll join in.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I'll say this, though it will be unpopular, but it doesn't appear to be against the rules. Not necessarily right now, Day 1, but once we get comfy, everyone revealing their characters isn't a bad thing. Make the bad guys think on their feet, take out the lowly characters and likely get an easy victory. Just something to keep in mind if we have some early success, but it has generally worked in themed games pretty well.

This works out well, but if too many members of the fellowship reveal themselves we could be in trouble.

Brodeur
04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, too few people to pull a no lynch.

Snicho

Have we ever tried this? I wouldnt mind trying it, if everyone else is alright with it.

Shane P. Hallam
This works out well, but if too many members of the fellowship reveal themselves we could be in trouble.

Understood, but then it becomes a numbers game that we likely win.

Just something to keep in mind down the line. I've suggested it when I was good, I've suggested it when I was evil, it worked in Firefly, etc. It is a viable strategy when we get to 20 or so and have had some success.

fenikz
04-07-2012, 09:22 PM
doesn't mean that evil won't just make up a role that hasn't been claimed

DeepThreat
04-07-2012, 09:23 PM

Just something to keep in mind down the line. I've suggested it when I was good, I've suggested it when I was evil, it worked in Firefly, etc. It is a viable strategy when we get to 20 or so and have had some success.

I am against that for one reason: It would make the game less fun.

Caddy

I think it's tough to pull of in the LOTR universe. So many awesome characters which aren't huge in the movies/books but I could easily see being in this game.

Dr. Gonzo

I mean I have never liked revealing roles and haven't done so in the past but if as a town we all agree to it I would have no problem with doing it. My only concern is major players like the fellowship will become immediate targets so ya, like Shane says, once there are less people and hopefully a few baddies killed we can revisit this.

Brodeur
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Shane is giving me suspicion here.

SuperMcGee
04-07-2012, 09:25 PM

This has a way of happening on it's own the longer the game goes own, so I might not object if it gets to a certain point. But planning to do it just seems... not fun.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:25 PM

I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing. He is suggesting a viable strategy which we should no doubt consider at some stage.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 09:26 PM

I understand why but Shane has been consistent in wanting to reveal roles. I would not hold that against the man.

DeepThreat
04-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing. He is suggesting a viable strategy which we should no doubt consider at some stage.

Agreed. I don't see it as suspicious, but I'm not in favor of it either.

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 09:27 PM
They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Agreed. I don't see it as suspicious, but I'm not in favor of it either.

And he isn't saying do it right now. Doing it right now would be dumb. Way too many variables at this stage I think.

vidae
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

How would you know that Bulldogs? Or should I say SAURON?!

TACKLE
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Anybody got any halflings leaf and if so, can one of yall hook a brother up?

I'd share with ya but you might be Treebeard and I don't think you'd understand - could be a distant relative.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd share with ya but you might be Treebeard and I don't think you'd understand - could be a distant relative.

Hahaha, that would be some messed up **** right there.

Ngatachance92
04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
I've heard that it is good luck to lynch a ginger night one... Just saying.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 09:37 PM
So with no info besides what people post and a few people agreeing about not liking no lynch day one, what do you folks propose we do?

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 09:39 PM

That's fine, just suggesting what I suggest in any roles game. I think it is worth getting it out there.

Any way, I am not evil.

Who knows if there is an LD this game, but worth a shot.

Where is Renji? He usually had voted to lynch three people by now! :banana:

Bulldogs
Lynch > no-lynch in almost every circumstance.

Snicho
I really dont like taking a stab in the dark and randomely lynching someone, but i think its more productive then a no lynch

JoeJoeBrown
I think it's tough to pull of in the LOTR universe. So many awesome characters which aren't huge in the movies/books but I could easily see being in this game.

Yeah and the bad guys could lie and say they are a minor good character in the hopes that no one has been assigned that one.

Not sure what the best way to proceedtoday is.

Bad guys and good guys are likely to be pretty powerful so night actions are going to be crazy.

A random lynch is bad. But a no lynch is bad as well. Let's proceed slowly but aim for a first day lynch. Pile jumping for no reason is bad strategy. Bad guys love it and will steer it towards a good guy or sacrificial lamb. The more people have to talk, the more they have to back up their claims and the more the bad guys expose their asses to being caught.

So i think the best strategy is play it slow and make people talk.

I am posting from my phone so I'll keep it short.

Let's make a list of likely bad guys. I'll try to do it later if no one picks it up.

CJSchneider
04-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I really dont like taking a stab in the dark and randomely lynching someone, but i think its more productive then a no lynch

I think it's a total crap-shoot. However, the discussion that ensues helps expose evil.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
That's fine, just suggesting what I suggest in any roles game. I think it is worth getting it out there.

Any way, I am not evil.

Who knows if there is an LD this game, but worth a shot.

Where is Renji? He usually had voted to lynch three people by now! :banana:

Renji would be sleeping!

Rob S
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I'll be around. Not much suspicious thus far that I can see, I agree that we should lynch though.

Also, I am not evil. I am good.

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 09:47 PM
How would you know that Bulldogs? Or should I say SAURON?!

Remember what happened last time you accused me Vidae! DO YOU VIDAE???!!!!!

vidae
04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Remember what happened last time you accused me Vidae! DO YOU VIDAE???!!!!!

Yeah! The good side won!

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I'll get the ball rolling.

Vote: Bulldogs

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I am good. Have we decided lynch, no lynch yet?

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I am good. Have we decided lynch, no lynch yet?

I always feel like CMD is one step behind, lol.

I do enjoy the Bulldogs/vidae banter. Do it more!

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah! The good side won!

I was supposed to be your assistant damn you! I feel betrayed. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I just found out my role! You're rustling mah jimmies JBond.

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll get the ball rolling.

Vote: Bulldogs

Low blow Caddy, of all the people to come after. I was merely referencing the last game we played in which me and Vidae also went back and forth day one.

vidae
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Shane do NOT rustle CMDs jimmies.

Rob S
04-07-2012, 09:55 PM
No jimmy rustling in the Mafia thread!

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought we agreed to keep the jimmy rustling limited to the free agency thread?

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Low blow Caddy, of all the people to come after. I was merely referencing the last game we played in which me and Vidae also went back and forth day one.

Eh of anyone so far I dislike what you are saying the most.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Guys, njx is gonna be maaaaaad.

Anyway, I think this makes it pretty well certain that Caddy is good. That was ballsy on his part and seems more of a Gonzo or Renji play.

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Eh of anyone so far I dislike what you are saying the most.

Not a fan of the youtube classic in which I was referencing? I'm sticking to what I always say, lynch is always a better option than no lynch. Unfortunately in this case you are coming after the wrong guy but we are getting discussion going which is good for the game.

Rob S
04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't like what Snicho has said the most, mainly hopping on Bond's idea quickly.

vote:Snicho

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Guys, njx is gonna be maaaaaad.

Anyway, I think this makes it pretty well certain that Caddy is good. That was ballsy on his part and seems more of a Gonzo or Renji play.

Haha, I have toned it down from those days. Always just got me killed.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Not a fan of the youtube classic in which I was referencing? I'm sticking to what I always say, lynch is always a better option than no lynch. Unfortunately in this case you are coming after the wrong guy but we are getting discussion going which is good for the game.

No lynch is bad. Even if we lynch a good guy we get some interesting information. Who voted, who didn't, when they voted, who defended you, who attacked who. It is all valuable stuff.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 09:59 PM
It's only been two pages Andrew! I'm religiously against no-lynching so if anyone has a suggestion with any merit I'll listen, but for the hell of it, I'll go with Shane. While I've been good the last five games (6 including this one) I think that he has been good for far too many games consecutively. This can be said of many people. I don't think anything he's said is suspicious, just the way roles are assigned might make him more likely than others to be evil. No one get too defensive, I'm just brainstorming. Thoughts?
(I'm going to get some food so I'll catch up when I get back)

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 10:00 PM
No lynch is bad. Even if we lynch a good guy we get some interesting information. Who voted, who didn't, when they voted, who defended you, who attacked who. It is all valuable stuff.

I agree? You just quoted me saying that exact same thing. It's all about looking at voting tendencies and who jumps on what bandwagon.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:02 PM
It's only been two pages Andrew! I'm religiously against no-lynching so if anyone has a suggestion with any merit I'll listen, but for the hell of it, I'll go with Shane. While I've been good the last five games (6 including this one) I think that he has been good for far too many games consecutively. This can be said of many people. I don't think anything he's said is suspicious, just the way roles are assigned might make him more likely than others to be evil. No one get too defensive, I'm just brainstorming. Thoughts?

I can understand him being suspicious for other reasons but he was evil in the firefly game. If you are going off that I have been good a few games in a row (and again in this one). If there is a lie detector btw, I am not evil nor neutral, I am good.

Brodeur
04-07-2012, 10:02 PM
No jimmy rustling in the Mafia thread!

No Jimmy rustling?

Vote: Rob S

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Shane was a reaver in Firefly.

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:04 PM
No Jimmy rustling?

Vote: Rob S

It's reserved for the FA thread!

fenikz
04-07-2012, 10:04 PM
can anyone think of someone who would be a lie detector in this?

Caddy
04-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Seriously? Every time a new game starts his odds of being evil are exactly the same as the rest.

Unvote: Bulldogs

Vote: TBW

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Have we ever tried this? I wouldnt mind trying it, if everyone else is alright with it.

In all seriousness though, I don't love Snicho's response here. I don't like Shane even suggesting it, but he has done it before so I can let it slide.

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Somebody needs to take over while Renji is asleep, luckily we have Caddy here to do it.

DeepThreat
can anyone think of someone who would be a lie detector in this?

No.

But just in case: I am good/not evil/not neutral.

TheBoyWonder22
I can understand him being suspicious for other reasons but he was evil in the firefly game. If you are going off that I have been good a few games in a row (and again in this one). If there is a lie detector btw, I am not evil.
****, I did forget the firefly game just because I didn't play. I will say this, JBond has always been a pretty valuable player in pretty much every game. The last time I didn't give into my hunch it screwed me over so I'll let you guys mull this over while I get some grub.

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Seriously? Every time a new game starts his odds of being evil are exactly the same as the rest.

Yeah, this was pretty dumb. I am suspicious of Snicho, but that was an odd post.

Unvote:snicho

vote:TBW

SuperMcGee
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Glad to see most people have gotten on with lynchig the first day.

I feel what Rob's saying. About snicho, not jimmies.

vote: snicho

TheBoyWonder22

I think people would be more thoughtful with his role assignment because of who he is. Maybe that's just how I think. It's not any more suspicious than you just saying Bulldogs.

Rob S
****, I did forget the firefly game just because I didn't play. I will say this, JBond has always been a pretty valuable player in pretty much every game. The last time I didn't give into my hunch it screwed me over so I'll let you guys mull this over while I get some grub.

Even if he wasn't evil in Firefly or ever for that matter, he still has the same chance of being evil as you, me, or anyone else in this game.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM

I did think the response by Snicho was fishy and would like to hear more from TBW.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Even if he wasn't evil in Firefly or ever for that matter, he still has the same chance of being evil as you, me, or anyone else in this game.

Exactly plus there are always more good people than evil getting a good role is always more likely.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm just trying to get the ball moving and I thought that might be a way to decide since we don't have any concrete evidence to work with...

DeepThreat
04-07-2012, 10:11 PM
I think people are mistaking evil intent with a bad notion.

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm just trying to get the ball moving and I thought that might be a way to decide since we don't have any concrete evidence to work with...

I mean, this is a fine excuse and could very well be true, but there isn't going to be much to go on day one and getting the ball rolling with something something that doesn't make any sense is fishy.

Caddy

So because Jbond hasn't been evil that much, he is more likely evil in this game than others? That is dumb.

My vote is staying with you.

Dr. Gonzo
Ugh, I am doing it again haha. Gotta stop quick voting and unvoting for people but I trust my gut and my gut tells me TBW isn't evil and was just trying to get things moving. I also hate punishing people for being active and suggesting things.

Unvote: TBW

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I think people are mistaking evil intent with a bad notion.

Could be, but what else do we have to go on? It's worth throwing some votes his way at the very least. I have said I am suspicious of Snicho as well.

comahan
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
14 needed for majority

- TBW22 (2) : Caddy, Rob S
- Rob S (1) : Brodeur
- Snicho (1) : SuperMcGee

DeepThreat
04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Could be, but what else do we have to go on?

Very, very little.

I'm all for the discussion, but I don't think TBW is evil.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Well I mean I don't think it's farfetched. Like I said I could be wrong, thus I didn't vote. It was just for discussion and you guys have voiced it's poor conception.

JoeJoeBrown
04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Just to get it done with I am good.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Well I mean I don't think it's farfetched. Like I said I could be wrong, thus I didn't vote. It was just for discussion and you guys have voiced it's poor conception.

It is farfetched. Simple probability dictates that everyone is of equal chance of being evil...

JoeJoeBrown
04-07-2012, 10:19 PM
List of bad guys (http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Evil_Characters#Modal)

fenikz
04-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I would urge people to not all mindlessly follow people when voting that's how we lost Jayne in Firefly

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
**** all of you and your jimmies.

vote: dg

i'll probably regret this decision when the jack wears off tomorrow.

I doubt anybody will ever regret voting for DG. He has been good in too many games! The odds are that the ************ is bad.

fenikz
04-07-2012, 10:31 PM
maybe dg will actually talk :o

vote: dg

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Because he's basically gotten me killed in the last two games and I am a spiteful mother ******...

Vote: Lynch DG

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Vote: DG

We summon you to speak you soulless heathen!

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm not ready to jump on the DG train yet, let's see what he has to say first. I'm definitely not a fan of his silent game style though.

fenikz
04-07-2012, 10:40 PM
just realized he probably isn't home

unvote: dg

for now!

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I will unvote him if it gets close without him having a chance to talk but this game I actually want to see him TALK.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I would urge people to not all mindlessly follow people when voting that's how we lost Jayne in Firefly

Then votes for DG. Really?

To be honest, the DG voting went up to 4 very quickly, as most joke votes don't, could be people trying to latch on to a vote they think will "stick" and get a free kill out of it.

That makes me weary of njx, fenikz, CMD, and Gonzo. Just to put it out there.

comahan
04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
14 needed for majority

- DG (3) : njx9, CMD, Gonzo
- TBW22 (2) : Caddy, Rob S

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:45 PM

To be honest, the DG voting went up to 4 very quickly, as most joke votes don't, could be people trying to latch on to a vote they think will "stick" and get a free kill out of it.

This rationale makes sense. DG is a ginger though.

But, I'm with you. It is something to note, still most suspicious of Snicho and TBW though.

vidae
I'm here and reading but I see no reason to vote one way or the other yet.

fenikz
it's dg if you gave any reason to vote for him you are bound to find 3 people to follow

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:46 PM

Good of you to be suspicious but I am not evil. If I was I would not be dumb enough to jump on two lynch trains that likely will amount to nothing. I just want DG to actually talk for once. I think at this point people are experienced enough at these kind of games to not have obvious strategies. I would say this makes me suspicious of you but I think I have a pretty good read on how you play these games and my gut tells me you are good.

fenikz
04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
my gut is saying he is evil

let our guts duke it out

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Alright, I have to go to sleep; early egg hunt tomorrow.....gotta be rested and in peak condition. I'll check back in the AM. As of right now, I'm going to leave my vote for TBW.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I already gave my reason for voting for DG. If you think it's suspicious, you're reading too much into it. And if it unfortunately turns out he's good, then investigate me. I'm good. I'm more than good.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM
my gut is saying he is evil

let our guts duke it out

Battle of the guts commence! But first, let us share in some pipe weed.

Rob S
04-07-2012, 10:50 PM
People calling to be investigated always makes me weary as well. Just sayin'

Won't change my vote for the time being, but yeah....night everyone.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 10:52 PM
People calling to be investigated always makes me weary as well. Just sayin'

Won't change my vote for the time being, but yeah....night everyone.

I just want to be cleared early so I can get on with my role.

OSUGiants17
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Don't see anyone worth Lynching yet. Lot of suspicion, but not sure. Check back in the morning to make my vote.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I just want to be cleared early so I can get on with my role.

This feels like you are pushing it, like you want us to clear you thereby wasting an investigation. Not quite sure, but I am with Rob here. Suspicious voting by you thus far, you jumped to the "go ahead, investigate me" defense. CMD hops to the top of my list!

vidae
04-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I also really hate the "investigate me if I'm wrong!" defense. That is rather suspicious behavior.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 10:59 PM
It is farfetched. Simple probability dictates that everyone is of equal chance of being evil...
But even you in past games have admitted the way people act outside of the game dictates how people vote and take night actions within it. Wouldn't it be foolish not to even consider the possibility of someone receiving a role based upon the same premise?

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Whatever Jbond, you have it out for me like I have it out for DG. I think it's suspicious of your suspicion of my suspicion that's got us all suspicious.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:02 PM
This feels like you are pushing it, like you want us to clear you thereby wasting an investigation. Not quite sure, but I am with Rob here. Suspicious voting by you thus far, you jumped to the "go ahead, investigate me" defense. CMD hops to the top of my list!
I empathize with this fully. I mean if you're investigated and you turn up good how does this benefit us at all? Plus, if you actually are good, you're Cramer target number one. Oh the benefits of discussion!
Vote: CMD

Caddy
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
But even you in past games have admitted the way people act outside of the game dictates how people vote and take night actions within it. Wouldn't it be foolish not to even consider the possibility of someone receiving a role based upon the same premise?

No. Roles are determined by random.org

You are acting really suss right now.

Bulldogs
04-07-2012, 11:06 PM
I actually agree CMD is acting strange, but this seems like a perfect way for TBW to take attention off himself. These two seem like the most suspicious from everything I've read so far.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:07 PM
No. Roles are determined by random.org

You are acting really suss right now.
Really? I didn't know that's how they were done. Honestly. I thought it was at the mod's discretion. So fine, but as I said before I really just thought it was something we should consider.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 11:07 PM
are you really that surprised that i voted for DG while drinking? it's like being shocked that people vote for APS.

I'm suspicious of people like myself who haven't voted for DG yet!

Caddy
04-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Really? I didn't know that's how they were done. Honestly. I thought it was at the mod's discretion. So fine, but as I said before I really just thought it was something we should consider.

That would be terrible and unfair.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I actually agree CMD is acting strange, but this seems like a perfect way for TBW to take attention off himself. These two seem like the most suspicious from everything I've read so far.
I don't care if attention is placed upon me. As I said in my last post, I thought roles were distributed at the mods discretion. I didn't want to leave that unconsidered. I think that CMD's method of asking to be investigated is pretty consistently a way to mess with our thoughts. I'm just playing as I go and I think Drew's the right move. I even sided with JBond!

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I empathize with this fully. I mean if you're investigated and you turn up good how does this benefit us at all? Plus, if you actually are good, you're Cramer target number one. Oh the benefits of discussion!

Being serious, you've probably been the most suspicious by far. And once DG talks (if?), you're high on my list.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:12 PM
That would be terrible and unfair.
I agree, I was simply unaware and will take this into consideration for The Wire.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 11:13 PM

Right.

If you were good, then saying "investigate me!!!!" you know would be worthless and counter productive. If this was Day 3 or 4, okay, but it is Day 1 with no info, and if you are good, you are trying to get cops to waste an investigation

If you are bad and know an investigation will make you come out good, this is a perfect strategy. Good guys waste an investigation, you come out looking good, and all is well.

If you are bad and figure you'd turn up bad, you pimp this out essentially figuring people WOULDN'T investigate you because a bad guy wouldn't be dumb enough to ask for a straight investigation.

Quite honestly CMD, this type of strategy on Day 1 SCREAMS evil to me.

And TBW is acting like he always acts. Or at least how I claim he always acts so I can rustle his jimmies. He isn't out of the clear here either.

fenikz
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
i assume its mostly random.org but it wouldn't shock me to see certain individuals type cast(D-Unit)

But DG wasn't even a weasley so who knows

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't care if attention is placed upon me. As I said in my last post, I thought roles were distributed at the mods discretion. I didn't want to leave that unconsidered. I think that CMD's method of asking to be investigated is pretty consistently a way to mess with our thoughts. I'm just playing as I go and I think Drew's the right move. I even sided with JBond!

I didn't even ask to be investigated. JBond through out a loose accusation, and knowing that he has more clout in these games than I do at this point, I felt the need to suggest that I'm confident in my ability to help the town succeed and I'm willing to prove it.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
investigate me. I'm good. I'm more than good.

You didn't?

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Right.

If you were good, then saying "investigate me!!!!" you know would be worthless and counter productive. If this was Day 3 or 4, okay, but it is Day 1 with no info, and if you are good, you are trying to get cops to waste an investigation

If you are bad and know an investigation will make you come out good, this is a perfect strategy. Good guys waste an investigation, you come out looking good, and all is well.

If you are bad and figure you'd turn up bad, you pimp this out essentially figuring people WOULDN'T investigate you because a bad guy wouldn't be dumb enough to ask for a straight investigation.

And TBW is acting like he always acts. Or at least how I claim he always acts so I can rustle his jimmies. He isn't out of the clear here either.

I love it! These games are won on intuition and CMD calling the town to investigate him does seem suspicious. Gonna keep my vote for DG because that ****** never talks, at all, but if we can get him active CMD and TBW are very much at the top of my list.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Right.

Look, I'm gonna plead stupidity on this one. This is only my 2nd and a half mafia game and I haven't really been a good guy yet, so I'm just unsure of how I go about getting into good terms. Especially when I'm thrown out as suspicious on night one based on one semi-joking vote. I'm doing my best here and I do plan on being of great help to the towns success.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I already gave my reason for voting for DG. If you think it's suspicious, you're reading too much into it. And if it unfortunately turns out he's good, then investigate me. I'm good. I'm more than good.
It says it right here, granted it does have preface.

CJSchneider
04-07-2012, 11:20 PM
CMD is tops on my suspicious list atm.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
You didn't?

Initially. What I'm saying is I didn't just come out and ask for it. You threw out the accusation first. And like I said in the post above this, I just reacted before thinking it as possibly suspicious and just wanted to defend myself.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I love it! These games are won on intuition and CMD calling the town to investigate him does seem suspicious. Gonna keep my vote for DG because that ****** never talks, at all, but if we can get him active CMD and TBW are very much at the top of my list.
Sorry I tried to talk Gonzo :P

DeepThreat
04-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I think CMD is still a bit lost in the mafia game thing (no offense), but his behavior has been a bit odd.

Shane P. Hallam
Look, I'm gonna plead stupidity on this one. This is only my 2nd and a half mafia game and I haven't really been a good guy yet, so I'm just unsure of how I go about getting into good terms. Especially when I'm thrown out as suspicious on night one based on one semi-joking vote. I'm doing my best here and I do plan on being of great help to the towns success.

All it would take is a little thinking to realize what you were doing. I don't trust you and honestly, nothing you do or anyone says will really make me change that due to the way you have acted.

CashmoneyDrew
It says it right here, granted it does have preface.

This is the point I'm trying to get across.

You guys know I'm not words with good.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I think CMD is still a bit lost in the mafia game thing (no offense), but his behavior has been a bit odd.

None taken. I've stated that numerous times myself. I think the only reason I made it far in HP was because my knowledge of characters and a little luck.

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2012, 11:28 PM
So, your defense for putting up a strategy that is counter-productive to the town no matter your role is just ignorance? Doesn't sound like something we should keep around either way.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't think being new is a good excuse at this point though. I mean this is your third game. It's not as if you didn't witness the mistakes made in the last game. I think what happened is you did slip up, but from here we must collectively decide whether you did it and are trying to cover it up, or you're innocent.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 11:32 PM
So, your defense for putting up a strategy that is counter-productive to the town no matter your role is just ignorance? Doesn't sound like something we should keep around either way.

I kinda feel the same way, just moreso towards TBW.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:33 PM
You're a teacher. Do you fail students for a semester because they flunked an early spelling test?

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't think being new is a good excuse at this point though. I mean this is your third game. It's not as if you didn't witness the mistakes made in the last game. I think what happened is you did slip up, but from here we must collectively decide whether you did it and are trying to cover it up, or you're innocent.

I'm not gonna count the last Mafia game as experience. I was barely around due to the timing and pace. So all I really chalk up from that is if your team is extremely unlucky in the first two nights, you're boned.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Ok, but my ignorance was involved an aspect of the game in which I haven't ventured yet. CMD has seen people do the same thing in games past and be called out for it and did it. I get why people are suspicious, but this is something that I actually didn't know considering how some people have been type-casted.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm not gonna count the last Mafia game as experience. I was barely around due to the timing and pace. So all I really chalk up from that is if your team is extremely unlucky in the first two nights, you're boned.

I took your ass out (well got your ass taken out haha)! I also think even with some bad luck the wolves could have pulled it off. That game also showed the deduction is huge in these games.

JoeJoeBrown

It's kind of his MO. That's why he has a browns avatar.

Shane P. Hallam
You're a teacher. Do you fail students for a semester because they flunked an early spelling test?

Well, someone has to flunk today. It should be you or TBW at this point. I'm going CMD at this point, obviously, but if the town feels TBW is more likely to be evil, then I will switch.

Vote: Cashmoneydrew

TheBoyWonder22
That's fine, but you were involved in the Harry Potter game and some of the mafia did this and paid for it. At least you witnessed that.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok, but my ignorance was involved an aspect of the game in which I haven't ventured yet. CMD has seen people do the same thing in games past and be called out for it and did it.

Wait, what? Explain that more.

I get why people are suspicious, but this is something that I actually didn't know considering how some people have been type-casted.

Even I know that the roles are randomized. :njx:

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:41 PM
It's kind of his MO. That's why he has a browns avatar.
JoeJoe you were so sketchy haha. Caddy and I had a similar argument in Harry Potter and it was actually the other way around. I just wanted people to get an actual discussion going and not do the whole stereotype thing because it could seriously harm us. Though we take that risk on every first day.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
That's fine, but you were involved in the Harry Potter game and some of the mafia did this and paid for it. At least you witnessed that.

That doesn't make any sense. Honestly, you're going to have to point out specific examples because I don't remember any of that. And secondly, if it did happen, and I witnessed it as you mentioned, why would I go for a strategy that failed so badly in what amounts to basically the only mafia game I've played?

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Wait, what? Explain that more.

Even I know that the roles are randomized. :njx:
Guys in the past have made the same mistake as you and were lynched for it. In the HP game and games prior. It's something that's tangible within the game. I'm pretty sure that people have been given specific roles before even if it was on an individual basis.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
I took your ass out (well got your ass taken out haha)! I also think even with some bad luck the wolves could have pulled it off. That game also showed the deduction is huge in these games.

Shhhhoooooottt! Solely off of some random suspicion based on zilch. If that were an Internet video, I would have called shenanigans.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Roles are randomized. That's just how they work. At this point my vote is staying with you due to ignorance more than anything TBW.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Shhhhoooooottt! Solely off of some random suspicion based on zilch. If that were an Internet video, I would have called shenanigans.

My gut feelings are always spot on! It is a ******* gift.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Honestly, you're going to have to point out specific examples because I don't remember any of that. And secondly, if it did happen, and I witnessed it as you mentioned, why would I go for a strategy that failed so badly in what amounts to basically the only mafia game I've played?
You really want me to sift through the Harry Potter game and find examples? Have you really not seen people do that?

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
My gut feelings are always spot on! It is a ******* gift.

Must be the poutine.

Caddy
04-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Must be the poutine.

I don't even know what poutine is!

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2012, 11:50 PM
You really want me to sift through the Harry Potter game and find examples? Have you really not seen people do that?

Nah, I honestly haven't. From what I remember, all the baddies in HP were killed off at night randomly or vigilante-wise, or lynched because of night actions that made them suspicious.

TheBoyWonder22
Roles are randomized. That's just how they work. At this point my vote is staying with you due to ignorance more than anything TBW.
Why would I say that if I knew it? I honestly just signup and read the game description for these things when I join. That would seriously be the dumbest thing ever if I were to actually think JBond was 100% bad based upon that, but I didn't. I just asked what you guys thought.

Shane P. Hallam

Me and you both my man!

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 11:51 PM

http://www.bedandbreakfast-toronto.com/pix/poutine_toronto.jpg

Just a bacon poutine from my current favorite poutine place. Good poutine is some of the best food you will ever eat.

SuperMcGee
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
If I know anything about Australia, which I don't, then this should be prime activity time. So I want some more from snicho, maybe a bit of skin from caddy.

I was inclIned to believe cmd about the "investigate me" thing, but I'm not loving his defense since then.

Snicho
http://www.bedandbreakfast-toronto.com/pix/poutine_toronto.jpg

That cant be good for you. A heart attack waiting to happen.

TACKLE
Must be the poutine.

Me and you both my man!

Are triple lynches allowed?

SuperMcGee
04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
I vote for everyone who doesn't love poutine

Snicho
04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
If I know anything about Australia, which I don't, then this should be prime activity time. So I want some more from snicho, maybe a bit of skin from caddy.

I was inclIned to believe cmd about the "investigate me" thing, but I'm not loving his defense since then.

It is and I am here. Just watching LOTR and eating lots and lots of chocolate... also trying to decipher through this CMD and TBW stuff.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2012, 11:55 PM
That cant be good for you. A heart attack waiting to happen.

That is just the bacon poutine. I usually get triple pork which is Bacon, Sausage, and Pulled Pork. ******* fantastic. Poutine is the best kind of food when one is drunk/high and delicious sober too. You are right in that it will one day lead to a heart attack. One thing the LOTR universe was missing, poutine. A great second breakfast if you ask me.

TACKLE
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM
PO-TA-TOES are the main ingredient so anyone who opposes poutine could potentially be Gollum.

TheBoyWonder22
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Nah, I honestly haven't. From what I remember, all the baddies in HP were killed off at night randomly or vigilante-wise, or lynched because of night actions that made them suspicious.
Alright then would you need to be investigated if he turned out to be good?

JoeJoeBrown
04-07-2012, 11:59 PM
I just learned what poutine was. Neat. Looks like a heart attack inducer. Something that would be great drunk or hungover.

Snicho
04-08-2012, 12:00 AM
That is just the bacon poutine. I usually get triple pork which is Bacon, Sausage, and Pulled Pork. ******* fantastic. Poutine is the best kind of food when one is drunk/high and delicious sober too. You are right in that it will one day lead to a heart attack. One thing the LOTR universe was missing, poutine. A great second breakfast if you ask me.

I can only imagine how that must taste whilst drunk.. amazing im guessing.
Australia definitely does not have anything like that. The closest we have is chips and gravy.

But back to the issue at hand, I think CMD trying to use ignorance as an excuse, due to the fact that he has only played a couple games, makes me more weary of him then TBW. But I am not fully sold on either one of them. So I wont vote till im more sure.

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Alright then would you need to be investigated if he turned out to be good?

If who turned out to be good? DG? Whatever your prerogative is. It was a joke that has apparently been taken seriously and spiraled into a multi-page discussion due to multiple people (myself included). I guess that's night 1 for ya.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Can you quote the post please?

Shane P. Hallam
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM
If who turned out to be good? DG? Whatever your prerogative is. It was a joke that has apparently been taken seriously and spiraled into a multi-page discussion due to multiple people (myself included). I guess that's night 1 for ya.

Day 1.

And I've done that joke before for APS. We didn't get 4 votes, lol.

And I tossed a few names out there, you got defensive and wanted to be investigated and THAT is how we got here. You freaked out a little bit and brought this on yourself. Ignoring me would have provided much better for you.

fenikz
04-08-2012, 12:10 AM
im going to get drunk but i dont think ill miss anything

bye!

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Can you quote the post please?

This one?....

Because he's basically gotten me killed in the last two games and I am a spiteful mother ******...

Vote: Lynch DG

Bulldogs
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
At this pace this game will have more posts than the entire werewolf game by the end of Day One.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM

I'm one of the most active people so far... And I was the first one to nut-up and vote for someone... What more do you want?

Bulldogs
04-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah Caddy has been one of the top three active players so far. Snicho, not so much. He usually falls back on the time zone thing but there's no excuse for his inactivity so far. And yes I know he's said two or three things.

Shane P. Hallam
I'm one of the most active people so far... And I was the first one to nut-up and vote for someone... What more do you want?

He wants skin. Nudie pictures NOW

CashmoneyDrew
Day 1.

And I tossed a few names out there, you got defensive and wanted to be investigated and THAT is how we got here. You freaked out a little bit and brought this on yourself. Ignoring me would have provided much better for you.

Um. You don't ignore your problems. If you're innocent of something you stand up and say you're innocent. And you do it with emphasis. I might not be an experienced and strategical master at these games, but I'm sure as hell active when I'm not working. So no, I shan't ignore your false claims when my reputation is at stake sir. Good day. I said good day!

Caddy
04-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Yeah Caddy has been one of the top three active players so far. Snicho, not so much. He usually falls back on the time zone thing but there's no excuse for his inactivity so far. And yes I know he's said two or three things.

I hate ignorance and implying I am suspicious because of lack of activity (despite being super active) is too ignorant for my tastes.

He wants skin. Nudie pictures NOW

I'll PM them to you. I'm sure that would be ok ;)

Snicho
04-08-2012, 12:16 AM

I was planning on being more active this game. But i said one or two things and I already had people voting for me, because i thought what shane suggested might be a good idea. So i decided to quieten down a bit. But Im still here, I just dont have much to add, so dont worry i wont be using the time zone excuse.

Bulldogs
04-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I was planning on being more active this game. But i said one or two things and I already had people voting for me, because i thought what shane suggested might be a good idea. So i decided to quieten down a bit. But Im still here, I just dont have much to add, so dont worry i wont be using the time zone excuse.

To be fair you have said a suspicious thing or two, but the way I see it is if you have nothing to hide then speaking can't hurt you. It certainly wouldn't hurt you to break the "inactivity" label you have on yourself, whether fair or not because of where you live.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 12:20 AM
To be fair you have said a suspicious thing or two, but the way I see it is if you have nothing to hide then speaking can't hurt you. It certainly wouldn't hurt you to break the "inactivity" label you have on yourself, whether fair or not because of where you live.

I can vouch for snicho's inactivity in previous games. We are currently on uni break which snicho hasn't been on in any of the other games. Also snicho works a lot so it can be tough to be active. No excuses this time though.

We know each other in real life by the way.

Snicho
04-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Okay Ill speak more then. To be honest, im starting to lean towards a no lynch. I feel like we are getting no where at the moment. But I know no one likes to no lynch so..

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Um. You don't ignore your problems. If you're innocent of something you stand up and say you're innocent. And you do it with emphasis. I might not be an experienced and strategical master at these games, but I'm sure as hell active when I'm not working. So no, I shan't ignore your false claims when my reputation is at stake sir. Good day. I said good day!
Or maybe you are a master strategist... It's really bothering me how people jumped on me for just saying that JBond could be a possible threat because of reasons previously explained. If they would have said, hey dumb ass the roles are random, I would have said thank you, I didn't know that, my thoughts are nullified. The fact that guys really thought that was bad bothers me.

Maybe it was suspicious, but a vote after that seems like a reach. Especially because I didn't get to defend it at all before the first vote was cast.

Bulldogs
04-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I can vouch for snicho's inactivity in previous games. We are currently on uni break which snicho hasn't been on in any of the other games. Also snicho works a lot so it can be tough to be active. No excuses this time though.

I can buy that. I expect to continue to hear from Snicho, and by no means to I mean to single him out, the majority of the players haven't even spoken yet.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 12:23 AM
I can buy that. I expect to continue to hear from him, and by no means to I mean to single him out, the majority of the players haven't even spoken yet.

For future reference. Our night/early morning falls during your day, hence why sometimes disappear for a few hours!

Bulldogs
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
For future reference. Our night/early morning falls during your day, hence why sometimes disappear for a few hours!

For future reference, your Elmo signature is no longer displaying. I am disappoint.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 12:25 AM
For future reference, you Elmo signature is no longer displaying. I am disappoint.

I changed it to a different one which isn't showing up! :(

Snicho

This is true, and actually I was meant to be at work today, except for some unforeseen circumstances, they didnt need me in today :) Bulldog I promise ill be more active from here on out if it is bothering you that much :D

Dr. Gonzo
I am going to bed soon so I will unvote DG just in case. I will say that he has been quite in every game so DG, speak up. These games are made fun by having people talk. Yes it does help with the whole deduction thing but to not talk at all is just boring and to me defeats the whole purpose of these games. I know you are fairly new DG and there are other fairly new people as well so nobody wants to say something dumb out of inexperience and get lynched but just talk anyways haha. In any case, after a long ramble I will once again say, don't going being inactive bitches people.

Unvote: DG

Shane P. Hallam
04-08-2012, 12:29 AM
I am heading to bed as well, will sleep in. I firmly hope my deduction of CMD stands up.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Renji and I will hold down the fort guys! Questioning people, looking for slip ups!

comahan
04-08-2012, 12:34 AM
14 needed for majority

- DG (2) : njx9, CMD
- TBW (2) : Caddy, Rob S
- CMD (1) : TBW22

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Day 1.

Meh, semantics. Just more proof I play fast and loose.

DG doesn't have 4 votes. He has like two joke votes basically encouraging him to speak up. Also, njx was the one person that had voted for DG when I decided to throw that out there. I was technically the third vote, but I didn't see Fenikz'. So it's not like I started a bandwagon or necessarily jumped on one either.

Now that I think about it, you of all people should be against the silent defense. In the HP game a similar scenario played out where you were dubbed suspicious in a time where there was little evidence for anyone. You then went silent and it got you lynched even though you were actually good.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Yo commie, Shane voted CMD.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:02 AM
I think we should prepare for if the person lynched is a hunter. I'll keep track of a vote if you guys like of who we shouldn't offer up if that's alright with everyone. I'll start with Deep as mine because he seems to be someone who is open minded and is absorbing all of this without getting riled up despite the early chaos within the thread.

Deep

I think this list is entirely necessary at this point and it would be wise to continue to expand upon it.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 01:04 AM
What are you talking about?

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I think we should prepare for if the person lynched is a hunter. I'll keep track of a vote if you guys like of who we shouldn't offer up if that's alright with everyone. I'll start with Deep as mine because he seems to be someone who is open minded and is absorbing all of this without getting riled up despite the early chaos within the thread.

Deep

I think this list is entirely necessary at this point and it would be wise to continue to expand upon it.

Wait. Are you saying we should make a list of people that shouldn't be lynched?

SuperMcGee
04-08-2012, 01:08 AM
TBW, you seriously are crazy

But I'm drunk so it's a wash

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:09 AM
You know how people can kill people before they die in these games? Well I think it would be best if we told them who they should not kill so that we all have a say in it in case we lynch one of these people or if they are killed at night. It makes it so even if we screw up we can redeem ourselves by choosing guys that would be in the towns interest for them not to kill. I don't think I was too unclear.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Wait. Are you saying we should make a list of people that shouldn't be lynched?
No I'm saying we should make a list of people who are good so if we kill people who have a kill upon their death, the kill doesn't hurt the town.

Snicho
04-08-2012, 01:11 AM
I dont think doing this would achieve much?
Also how would we know who is good? especially on day 1?

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:12 AM
I dont think doing this would achieve much?
Well what if we don't do this and the person has to decide on their own? Wouldn't it be better to create a list that would guide them in their choice?

Caddy
04-08-2012, 01:12 AM
You know how people can kill people before they die in these games? Well I think it would be best if we told them who they should not kill so that we all have a say in it in case we lynch one of these people or if they are killed at night. It makes it so even if we screw up we can redeem ourselves by choosing guys that would be in the towns interest for them not to kill. I don't think I was too unclear.

I have no idea what you are going on about. It's not like we actually get to help them choose any way. I was hunter last game and I chose Deep and the reasoning had nothing to do with how he was playing the game.

I'm glad I voted for you because you are acting weird and I dislike it.

I'd like to nominate your name for the list of people we should consider asking the hunter to kill.

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 01:14 AM
How could you possibly know if deep is good? The only people that know others sides right now are the bad, and partnered roles. And even if you are a partnered role, why would we trust you at this point?

ImBrotherCain
04-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Okay jesus these games start at the most in opportune times... I just got in from a friend birthday party and I am a little buzzed but is it just me or has TBW gone off the deep end.
I'll post more thoughts tomorrow morning

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Hunter(s): When they die, they will get one last shot to kill someone. they are with the town
For anyone confused about what I'm saying, this is the description from the werewolf game. I just think we should have a say in it. It's not a big deal. And we can influence it. It's just up to the hunter whether or not to consider what the town wants. How does this not make sense?

Snicho
04-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Its definitely not just you IBC.

TBW this is the most ridiculous idea. ever.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Hunter(s): When they die, they will get one last shot to kill someone. they are with the town
For anyone confused about what I'm saying, this is the description from the werewolf game. I just think we should have a say in it. It's not a big deal. And we can influence it. It's just up to the hunter whether or not to consider what the town wants. How does this not make sense?

Are you serious. It is day ******* one. How are we supposed to know who to put on said list?

We should have a suspicious people list. Congratulations, your names it at the top! :banana:

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:18 AM
It's the same concept as the town choosing who to use a night action on. It's a ******* good and bad list. Jesus Christ you guys are easily sketched.

Snicho
04-08-2012, 01:18 AM
It doesnt make sense, because who are we to say who is good after one day?

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Are there even hunters in this game? It's not listed in the first post or anything. And this is a different theme being run by a different person.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
And I know it's day one, but some people come off as good or bad on the first day. I thought it would be easier to choose who was the least expendable so they aren't targeted. Obviously I wasn't just expecting this to be used just tonight, it's for the duration of the game.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 01:22 AM
And I know it's day one, but some people come off as good or bad on the first day. I thought it would be easier to choose who was the least expendable so they aren't targeted. Obviously I wasn't just expecting this to be used just tonight, it's for the duration of the game.

When someone suggests a dumb idea on day 1, they deserve to be persecuted for it.

TACKLE
04-08-2012, 01:23 AM
It's the same concept as the town choosing who to use a night action on. It's a ******* good and bad list. Jesus Christ you guys are easily sketched.

It's just a godawful idea at this point in the game.

CashmoneyDrew
04-08-2012, 01:24 AM

So let me get this straight... You want Deep to be "off limits" for the remainder of the game because he comes across as a good/important character based off a few posts day one?

You're trying to rustle our jimmies here aren't you?

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Are there even hunters in this game? It's not listed in the first post or anything. And this is a different theme being run by a different person.
I didn't even mean for right now, I meant altogether if someone sees a person as good or bad we should have lists for hunters or vigilantes or whatever to show them who we do or don't want killed. I just wanted to introduce an idea so that it can be used in the future. At this point, I don't care what you guys do, every idea I'm suggesting is being analyzed far too deeply and if I had the intent of doing bad, I wouldn't be saying this. The sitting around of the beginning of these games and waiting for things to happen does nothing. I just phrased it in a way so that the person knows who to stay away from.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:30 AM
So let me get this straight... You want Deep to be "off limits" for the remainder of the game because he comes across as a good/important character based off a few posts day one?

You're trying to rustle our jimmies here aren't you?
No, not for the remainder of the game, just for the current day. It is modified as we go. That is the point. Deep was more of an example than anything.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 01:31 AM
I didn't even mean for right now, I meant altogether if someone sees a person as good or bad we should have lists for hunters or vigilantes or whatever to show them who we do or don't want killed. I just wanted to introduce an idea so that it can be used in the future. At this point, I don't care what you guys do, every idea I'm suggesting is being analyzed far too deeply and if I had the intent of doing bad, I wouldn't be saying this. The sitting around of the beginning of these games and waiting for things to happen does nothing. I just phrased it in a way so that the person knows who to stay away from.

I wonder who we should put on this list. :waiting:

Brodeur
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Unvote: Rob S

I don't trust this man's words.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
I wonder who we should put on this list. :waiting:
You really want me killed for presenting ideas? Why not just say no that's stupid? Ah whatever. Just trying to add something for the guys who consider themselves useless. You know, the guys who aren't active because they say they can't contribute. It's also an active log of thoughts for people who are just catching up on the game... But yeah that's crazy, you've got a point.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Just got home and a few things jump out at me immediately.

My first instinct was that I should lynch all of you who have never been exposed to the awesomeness that is poutine.

Then I immediately became suspicious of CMD based on him pushing for an investigation. He also went on the defensive fairly quick which could be another sign of him being evil.

TBW is all over the place here which is nothing new. I don't necessarily think he is bad at this point but his play has been erratic early on and he is right up there with CMD for me at this point.

I'll go with my gut for now and vote CMD but this could easily be changed to TBW if that's the direction we decide to go in. I'm off to bed soon and I should be back on tomorrow afternoon after my morning/early afternoon soccer game.

vote: CMD

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 02:42 AM
I haven't played this aggressively in a while, but I wanted to revisit it. I'm really just trying to get my points discussed but everyone is just saying I'm nuts so if that is fixed in their minds, there's nothing I can do to change it so early on.

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2012, 03:12 AM
Read through all of it. I dont read too much in CMD. I dont like how tbw has been acting though. Still Snicho wants to go for a no lynch. I hate no lynch. especially when we have suspicious people. Ergo he wants to stop the lynching of comrades.
lynch snicho

Snicho
04-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Hey I havent voted for a no lynch. I just said thats what I was leaning towards. We do have suspicious people and I will end up voting for one of them, i just havent made up my mind yet!

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Hey I havent voted for a no lynch. I just said thats what I was leaning towards. We do have suspicious people and I will end up voting for one of them, i just havent made up my mind yet!
doesnt change the fact!

Snicho
04-08-2012, 03:30 AM

This was my second post in the thread. I was clearly against a no lynch! I just got sick and tired of this going back and forth between TBW and CMD.

SuperMcGee
04-08-2012, 03:33 AM
There's been some fishy crud going on, but I stand by the snicho vote. One untrustworthy character.

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2012, 03:34 AM
you are getting flippy floppy. Werewolves are usually the ones not pushing for kills but going with it anyways.

Snicho
04-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Flippy Floppy? And arent mafia normally the ones pushing for a lynch, considering they can manipulate it towards a good person, as they know who is apart of the bad side?

Caddy
04-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Welcome to the party Renji

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Flippy Floppy? And arent mafia normally the ones pushing for a lynch, considering they can manipulate it towards a good person, as they know who is apart of the bad side?
Mafia plays it incredibly conservative on these boards

Snicho
04-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Im not Mafia!

I honestly dont know what else to say.

fenikz
04-08-2012, 04:07 AM
im wasted and i know we dont want to do it but **** this ****

vote: no lynch

UKfan
04-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Just woke up and read through the 10 pages since it started. I gotta say for the first 6 or 7 pages I was leaning CMD, but man TBW those last few pages have really got my suspicions up. That idea at this stage seems ridiculous, and makes me definitely think you had an ulterior motive where you were trying to put certain people on the "good" list.

comahan
04-08-2012, 05:42 AM
14 needed for majority

- TBW22 (4) : Caddy, Rob S, Brodeur, ukfan
- CMD (4) : TBW22, Shane, Todd, njx
- Snicho (2) : SuperMcGee, GoW
- DG (1) : CMD
- No-Lynch (1) : fenikz

comahan
04-08-2012, 05:53 AM
I made a mistake last night and listed caddy's name twice on my list, and never PMed ATL his role. So when ATL shows up late to the party, dont blame him for inactivity, that was my fault for accidentally skipping over him during the PM process (which sucks, by the way)

Caddy
04-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Time for me to head to bed. Remember, the more we talk this first day out, the more we stuff we can learn for future reference!

CJSchneider
04-08-2012, 07:09 AM
The last 3 pages are odd to say the least. Where as my suspicion of CMD still exist, TBW has posted some of the weirdest crap yet. I don't know if you are just super new, a fool or if the meds I am on have me reading you wrong.

vote: TBW

Note: I will be gone the better part of the day as it is Easter and I have 3 kids. Please don't mistake this for purposeful inactivity.

Caddy
04-08-2012, 07:12 AM
The last 3 pages are odd to say the least. Where as my suspicion of CMD still exist, TBW has posted some of the weirdest crap yet. I don't know if you are just super new, a fool or if the meds I am on have me reading you wrong.

vote: TBW

Note: I will be gone the better part of the day as it is Easter and I have 3 kids. Please don't mistake this for purposeful inactivity.

CJ, I think NFLDC is a little more important than your children... Very suspicious...

Grizzlegom
04-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Wow, fall asleep early one night and you wake up to ten pages to read through. TBW and CMD have both been awfully suspicious on day one. I was leaning CMD early but these last few pages, TBW really took a jump off the deep end.

Rob S
04-08-2012, 08:18 AM
CMD or TBW have to die imo. I will stick with TBW for now because the last couple of pages were some of the worst gameplay I have ever seen. If the town wants to go for CMD though, I can't say I would argue.

comahan
04-08-2012, 08:58 AM
14 needed for majority

- TBW22 (6) : Caddy, Rob S, Brodeur, ukfan, cjschneider, Grizz
- CMD (4) : TBW22, Shane, Todd, njx
- Snicho (2) : SuperMcGee, GoW
- DG (1) : CMD
- No-Lynch (1) : fenikz

JoeJoeBrown
04-08-2012, 09:07 AM
CMD or TBW have to die imo. I will stick with TBW for now because the last couple of pages were some of the worst gameplay I have ever seen. If the town wants to go for CMD though, I can't say I would argue.

I think they are playing poorly, but I'm not sure if that makes them evil. They are just in the same classes as Claiborne.

I want to see more people talking before I vote.

I think some of the people aggressively piling on here are evil.

Like GOW (I don't say Renji because I don't know him as that) said, people tend to play mafia conservative here. If smart players are mafia, they might be flipping the tendency and going agro.

I worry about fake roles as well.

Going back to the list of evil people, here it is now that I'm on a computer.

Morgoth
Sauron
The Witch King
Khaműl
Saruman
Gollum
Durin's Bane (Balrog)
Gothmog I
Gothmog II
The Great Goblin
Gríma Wormtongue
Ungoliant
Shelob
Watcher in the Water
Smaug

So, most of these likely won't be used. And some more may be added (Generic Nazgul as mafia).

I'd put money on Sauron, Saruman, The Witch King, and Gollum.

Likely that Grima and Shelob are there as well.

TheBoyWonder22
04-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm not stupid I had to establish my self as suspicious if I ever wanted to use my power.

Rob S
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm not stupid I had to establish my self as suspicious if I ever wanted to use my power.

Alright, you're pretty much dead unless you reveal this "power".

JoeJoeBrown
04-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Are you Aragorn?

UKfan
04-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Explain yo'self TBW!

Rob S
04-08-2012, 09:21 AM
If he has an important role, this strategy was awful.