PDA

View Full Version : wide recievers

Gotitansfreak10
03-29-2007, 08:41 AM
keenan mccardell, antonio bryant, and ernest wilford are free agents. should we go after them?
ernest is restricted.

Bobertchin
03-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Bryant is a character issue guy...so no. McCardell would cost too much for his age, though he would make a nice leader for our WRs, so I'm not totally against it if he would be reasonable with the money. Wilford has never impressed me.

iKNOW
04-13-2007, 02:38 AM
wilford is a RFA so i dont think anyone wants to give up a 2nd rounder for him. lacks speed so most of the time relies on strength and height.

i like travis taylor and eric moulds. moulds is purely a #2 due to his advanced age but can still contribute. the question is at what price. he may be asking for a nice big number. taylor is a good option. his numbers in baltimore can be explained as they rarely threw. a bit surprised he didnt have more success in minnesota but still think the guy has potential.

Thomas7399
04-16-2007, 10:41 AM
I would lean towards building WR depth through the draft. Pick up a player like Dwayne Bowe with the first rounder. Later in the draft, get a player like Aundrae Allison or Jason Hill.

stephenson86
04-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Meachemmmmmmmmmmmmm

aNYtitan
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Mr. Ginn Jr. for me

Titans10
04-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Meachemmmmmmmmmmmmm

i agreeeeeeeeeeeee

the only thing that scares me about meach is the fact he had only one break out year

iKNOW
04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
if via draft i like ginn. the guy has unbelieveable speed. his hands are average though and he will get knocked around. plus the kid can run returns if he cant get on the 2 deep.

meachem doesnt seem like the answer. perhaps the titans should trade up and get CJ if the raiders dont take him. i think the lions would like to trade down.

VY10
05-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Meachemmmmmmmmmmmmm

Agreed but they passed up on him for Griffin. Being a huge Vince Young fan I don't know if it was a good choice but at least I think Griffin is a good player.

pure_insanity
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
What about Keyshawn Johnson? I would love for the Titans to bring him in. I think he would be a very good teacher for the rest of our young WRs as well as a solid WR for Vince for a year or two.

MicktheGreat
05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
What about Keyshawn Johnson? I would love for the Titans to bring him in. I think he would be a very good teacher for the rest of our young WRs as well as a solid WR for Vince for a year or two.

I also think that Keyshawn would be a good signing. As slow and as old as he is, he's still one of the better possession WRs in the league because he runs good routes, isn't afraid to go over the middle, and doesn't drop passes (something that would give VY more confidence as a passer). Plus, he'd give the Titans some insurance in the event that Givens recovery takes longer than expected.

If Paul Williams can provide a speed threat and Brandon Jones can continue to develop, then a trio of Williams/Jones/Keyshawn could be solid (albeit unspectacular) for a season or two.

iKNOW
05-03-2007, 05:49 AM
keyshawn would be a nice addition to the sad group of WRs they currently have.

stephenson86
05-03-2007, 08:39 AM
keyshawn would be a nice addition to the sad group of WRs they currently have.

he'd cost a lot