PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp files for Bankruptcy

eltwentyone
04-09-2012, 11:45 AM
fooooooooooooooook haha what an idiot, I thought he was atleast somewhat intelligent.

brb baby mamas
brb jordan sneakers as assets
brb 13 year career and broadcaster going brankrupt

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-warrensapp-bankruptcy

Former NFL star Warren Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to creditors and back child support and alimony, according to a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing in South Florida.

Sapp’s $6.45 million in assets includes 240 pairs of Jordan athletic shoes worth almost $6,500, a $2,250 watch and a lion skin rug worth $1,200. He also reported losing his 2002 Super Bowl ring with the Bucs and his 1991 national championship ring from the University of Miami.

The court documents were filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Fort Lauderdale on March 30. TMZ.com first reported the filing. A phone message and e-mail left Saturday with his attorney, Chad Pugatch, were not immediately returned.

Sapp’s average monthly income is $115,881, according to the filings, and includes $45,000 for a final contract payment with Showtime, $48,000 for an appearance with CCA Sports and $18,675 as an advance for a book deal. His contract with the NFL Network ends in August, the filings show, and it was unknown if the contract will be renewed.

http://i.imgur.com/1aONu.png

YAYareaRB
04-09-2012, 12:03 PM
240 pairs of jordans ssheeeesh

vidae
04-09-2012, 12:05 PM
aIrhVo1WA78

YAYareaRB
04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
i swear if i was rich, all i would ever wear on my feet were house slippers and slides

vidae
04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
i swear if i was rich, all i would ever wear on my feet were house slippers and slides

I wouldn't even wear shoes. I'd just walk around my mansion barefoot all day long.

TimD
04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't even wear shoes. I'd just walk around my mansion barefoot all day long.

Id only wear bath robes and comfy moccasins

itd be great

Splat
04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
HuGIgf-ICHM

bigbluedefense
04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
2250 on a watch isn't crazy. I know plenty of ppl who spent more. Also 6500 in shoes isn't crazy either when youre a millionaire.

The child support payments must be killing him.

That and alcohol. Every time these celebrities party they spend a ridiculous amount on alcohol. Partying and women probably did him in more than anything else.

WCH
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
2250 on a watch isn't crazy. I know plenty of ppl who spent more. Also 6500 in shoes isn't crazy either when youre a millionaire.

The child support payments must be killing him.

That and alcohol. Every time these celebrities party they spend a ridiculous amount on alcohol. Partying and women probably did him in more than anything else.

These are probably the valuations right now. He has 240 pairs of Jordans? I haven't seen many Jordans going for $30 a pop. He probably spent about $30,000 on them. That's still not completely outrageous when you consider that he earned tens of millions of dollars, and the shoes may very well have been purchased over a 15 year span.

Also, I don't know anybody who's spent that much money on a watch. It must be a regional thing. Or maybe I'm justing not hanging in the right crowd.

YAYareaRB
04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
the only jordans these days that are under 100 dollars are the derek jeters shoes, which are 95 $

i recant. i would buy nike frees and vans and chuck taylors if i had a lot of money

bigbluedefense
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
These are probably the valuations right now. He has 240 pairs of Jordans? I haven't seen many Jordans going for $30 a pop. He probably spent about $30,000 on them. That's still not completely outrageous when you consider that he earned tens of millions of dollars, and the shoes may very well have been purchased over a 15 year span.

Also, I don't know anybody who's spent that much money on a watch. It must be a regional thing. Or maybe I'm justing not hanging in the right crowd.

Tons of ppl spend that much and more on a watch. Tag Hueir, Movado, Rolex, Cartier, Baum & Mercier, they all run from 2k up to 10k. My boss wears a 20k Patek Phillipe to work every day.

I have a 1200 baum & mercier, if I didn't, I'd get laughed out of the building. Its kind of like a status thing unfortunately, I hate it but thats just how it is in some places.

My coworker just dropped 5800 on a cartier tank.

RaiderNation
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Good, he's always been a Raider hater once he got on NFLN and I'd be happy to see him off T.V. for good. Very good player(on the bucs), horrible T.V. analyst though IMO.

killxswitch
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Tons of ppl spend that much and more on a watch. Tag Hueir, Movado, Rolex, Cartier, Baum & Mercier, they all run from 2k up to 10k. My boss wears a 20k Patek Phillipe to work every day.

I have a 1200 baum & mercier, if I didn't, I'd get laughed out of the building. Its kind of like a status thing unfortunately, I hate it but thats just how it is in some places.

My coworker just dropped 5800 on a cartier tank.

New York, right?

YAYareaRB
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
watches have always been uncomfortable to me.

bigbluedefense
04-09-2012, 01:42 PM
New York, right?

Yeah. NJ also. I'm sure NE is the same way.

Wallstreet is the worst. They would make you sick.

bigbluedefense
04-09-2012, 01:45 PM
watches have always been uncomfortable to me.

I can only wear the leather bands. The metal bands feel uncomfortable. My watch is a brown leather band, with a silver outside, white face, and roman numerals.

dunagan15
04-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I can only wear the leather bands. The metal bands feel uncomfortable. My watch is a brown leather band, with a silver outside, white face, and roman numerals.

Mine is $30 timex and I bet it does the same thing as yours with less thinking :banana:

bigbluedefense
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Mine is $30 timex and I bet it does the same thing as yours with less thinking :banana:

Of course it does. Trust me, I really didnt want to spend that much on a watch. I had a seiko before this. But when all the guys around you are wearing 5k watches and you have a 100 dollar seiko, youre the butt of everyone's jokes. And in management, impressions and appearance means alot. Its work politics.

killxswitch
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Of course it does. Trust me, I really didnt want to spend that much on a watch. I had a seiko before this. But when all the guys around you are wearing 5k watches and you have a 100 dollar seiko, youre the butt of everyone's jokes. And in management, impressions and appearance means alot. Its work politics.

I just have a hard time imagining myself sitting down in a meeting and looking at every guy's wrist on the off chance that I might be able to make fun of him for spending money ridiculously.

I mean, assuming they don't call you out and ask to see what brand your watch is, how can they tell what kind you have? Can they just tell at a glance? Wouldn't that mean researching watches so that you can just look at it from any angle and know "Hey, that's a Tag-Hueir" or whatever? What a waste of time. I hope you are well-compensated for such nonsense.

Seriously. Every time I looked at my watch, I would think to myself, "I bought this thing that tells time just like my cell phone does, but I could've bought x instead". X being, you know, a motorcycle, or a new suit, or a guitar, or any one of a number of things I'd rather buy with $5K.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
04-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I just have a hard time imagining myself sitting down in a meeting and looking at every guy's wrist on the off chance that I might be able to make fun of him for spending money ridiculously.

I mean, assuming they don't call you out and ask to see what brand your watch is, how can they tell what kind you have? Can they just tell at a glance? Wouldn't that mean researching watches so that you can just look at it from any angle and know "Hey, that's a Tag-Hueir" or whatever? What a waste of time. I hope you are well-compensated for such nonsense.

Seriously. Every time I looked at my watch, I would think to myself, "I bought this thing that tells time just like my cell phone does, but I could've bought x instead". X being, you know, a motorcycle, or a new suit, or a guitar, or any one of a number of things I'd rather buy with $5K.

this is all i picture, with a little less late 80's flair

qoIvd3zzu4Y

sorry bigblue. sounds like a dreadful yet monetarily rewarding career. every jobs got there **** parts. i get calluses, get get expensive watches

Bengalsrocket
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm surprised the watch thing caught so many people off guard. Expensives watches have been used as a status symbol for a long time now in America.

From what he's said in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if BBD also has some cuff-links or dress shoes with price tag's that would make you cringe as well. When you work in that type of a world, everything has to be top dollar. From your hair cut, to your tie, your watch and even your socks. It's ridiculous, but if you don't follow suit then it doesn't matter how good you are at your job because you'll never get a chance to prove yourself.

MasterShake
04-09-2012, 04:42 PM

Im sorry you have to work in an environment like that. Thats why I never went into business...it would crush my soul. I work in Manhattan, but as a scientist...we don't deal with any of those soul-destroying excuses for people.

Rosebud
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Man that sucks bbd, I really hate watches. Nice shoes or clothes? Fine, but I just can't stand the feeling of anything around my wrists or neck.

YAYareaRB
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
i want an ipod watch

bigbluedefense
04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Im sorry you have to work in an environment like that. Thats why I never went into business...it would crush my soul. I work in Manhattan, but as a scientist...we don't deal with any of those soul-destroying excuses for people.

Imclone?

I'm actually a scientist myself. But I work for turds. Theres a ton of arrogance in the science field too.

WCH
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Haha, I also thought of the American Psycho business card scene.

Spending big money on watches, cuff links, and shoes is all pretty understandable. I'll never understand spending hundreds of dollars on gold or silver collar stays (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM187532148P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM187532148).

MasterShake
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Imclone?
I'm actually a scientist myself. But I work for turds. Theres a ton of arrogance in the science field too.

nah, I'm a postdoc at mt sinai...its a great group to work with. But I guess academia is further from the industrial setting than I thought. Now i'm more worried about entering industry in a few years...

Rosebud
04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
nah, I'm a postdoc at mt sinai...its a great group to work with. But I guess academia is further from the industrial setting than I thought. Now i'm more worried about entering industry in a few years...

Academia sucks to if you ever wanna be more than a tech. *shrug*

MasterShake
04-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Academia sucks to if you ever wanna be more than a tech. *shrug*

Haha...america sure does treat its scientists like ****. As long as the bankers are happy though...they are important.

eltwentyone
04-10-2012, 12:48 AM
lol cmoon watches, suits, goatskin rugs, Warren Sapp is a fat phuck like thats gonna help him

holt_bruce81
04-10-2012, 06:50 AM
izPCYfSjAIw

hahaha asshole.

bigbluedefense
04-10-2012, 06:54 AM

That's a great gig you have going for you. Mt. Sinai is a top of the line organization, I'd love to work for them.

Getting your phd is impressive too, I'm in the process of getting mine. It's going to take forever doing it part time, but time flies anyway.

The industry sucks, work sucks in general. I feel like Fight Club lol. To be fair, the science field generally isn't as bad as the bankers in Manhattan, but I work for a small company where everyone knows everyone, and at times it becomes a "my dick is bigger than yours" kind of thing, and it spirals out of control.

I'm in biotech, so we're not in the same field, but related fields.

killxswitch
04-10-2012, 07:34 AM
That's a great gig you have going for you. Mt. Sinai is a top of the line organization, I'd love to work for them.

Getting your phd is impressive too, I'm in the process of getting mine. It's going to take forever doing it part time, but time flies anyway.

The industry sucks, work sucks in general. I feel like Fight Club lol. To be fair, the science field generally isn't as bad as the bankers in Manhattan, but I work for a small company where everyone knows everyone, and at times it becomes a "my dick is bigger than yours" kind of thing, and it spirals out of control.

I'm in biotech, so we're not in the same field, but related fields.

When your co-workers get like that you should just use an air cannon to smash them into some cabinets across the room like these guys.

Bo8Q88bAXyQ

That'll knock 'em down a peg or two.

armageddon
04-10-2012, 08:11 AM

What kind of dbags make fun of somebodies watch ? Your comeback should have been, "yeah, well I had sex with your wife".

eltwentyone
04-10-2012, 10:00 AM
What kind of dbags make fun of somebodies watch ? Your comeback should have been, "yeah, well I had sex with your wife".

naah brah, thats weak, Start lifting and become shredded as fuaaaark. They cant say shieet. They can wear their suits, watches, and all that good stuff, but they will be overshadowed, unnoticed when an alpha male walks into the room. Honestly, the only accessory that I would pay top money for would be a watch and the rest would be a decent silver ring, and I already got a good necklace.

Cant wait for summer when i am done my bulk and get shredded

http://gifsoup.com/view3/3546225/zyzz-son-of-zeus-o.gif

bigbluedefense
04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah I work with douchebags. I hate that I have to wear button ups every day too. Like wtf, I'm a freakin scientist. Wth do I need to wear button ups for when I'm just putting a lab coat over it anyway?

What I would give to wear jeans to work every day. I miss those days.

Rabscuttle
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
naah brah, thats weak, Start lifting and become shredded as fuaaaark. They cant say shieet. They can wear their suits, watches, and all that good stuff, but they will be overshadowed, unnoticed when an alpha male walks into the room. Honestly, the only accessory that I would pay top money for would be a watch and the rest would be a decent silver ring, and I already got a good necklace.

Working out to impress other dudes...

Caddy
04-10-2012, 08:25 PM

Interesting fact of the day: The guy in that gif died at the age of 22 from a heart attack.

T-RICH49
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
somewhere Jeremy Shockey is laughing at this news

Ravens1991
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Interesting fact of the day: The guy in that gif died at the age of 22 from a heart attack.

Some computer geeks from my school out of nowhere became obsessed with this dude, like post different pictures of him everyday on facebook and in a couple of months they are all built now its funny.

But back about Sapp, do these pro athletes forget to adjust their child support payments to there income after they retire or what? There have been several star players recently who have had to declare bankrupcty and it seems they all have several monthly child support payments

eltwentyone
04-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Some computer geeks from my school out of nowhere became obsessed with this dude, like post different pictures of him everyday on facebook and in a couple of months they are all built now its funny.

haha yeah he was coked up in thailand, the geeks must be on dat dere celltech, but yeah his name is zyzz hes famous in the bodybuilding community, watch his youtube videos pretty funny

Ravens1991
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
haha yeah he was coked up in thailand, the geeks must be on dat dere celltech, but yeah his name is zyzz hes famous in the bodybuilding community, watch his youtube videos pretty funny

I know bout him I did my resreach I wanted to know who he was. Like I train for powerlifting currently and some PL forums have a bodybuilding section and when this guy passed some ppl went insane. He literally had a cult following going I never got it. He didnt even compete in bodybuilding he just got big so he can look good, walk around at rave w/ his shirt off and get ***** then started a facebook page and got a cult following.

eltwentyone
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I know bout him I did my resreach I wanted to know who he was. Like I train for powerlifting currently and some PL forums have a bodybuilding section and when this guy passed some ppl went insane. He literally had a cult following going I never got it. He didnt even compete in bodybuilding he just got big so he can look good, walk around at rave w/ his shirt off and get ***** then started a facebook page and got a cult following.

yeah it just a internet persona, he was on roids thats how he got shredded and big fast. He created a lifestyle, get shredded, get girls etc. The thing is he had amazing genetics to look the way he did. He changed how you view bodybuilding, size strength didnt mean as much as how good you looked.

Ravens1991
04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
yea like his brother goes by the name of Chest Brah, and those computer geeks kept calling each other Brah on facebook. If someone said why do you post shirtless photos everyday they respond with "U mirin brah". They call him the "king of asthetics" Some even think Thailand covered up his death because of his popularity. I have seen some predict he comes back alive like Tupac was supposed to. Im not making any of this up

eltwentyone
04-11-2012, 12:31 PM
yea like his brother goes by the name of Chest Brah, and those computer geeks kept calling each other Brah on facebook. If someone said why do you post shirtless photos everyday they respond with "U mirin brah". They call him the "king of asthetics" Some even think Thailand covered up his death because of his popularity. I have seen some predict he comes back alive like Tupac was supposed to. Im not making any of this up

lol yeah his brother calls himself chestbrah hes really akward though, I heard all of them, its the slang, you mirin dem aesthetics, most of it came from bb.com or from his video. Hes actually dead, people thought he was alive because there was a picture of him recently but it was confirmed he died because his brother made a tribute video. I am guilty I use some of the sayings but yeah this his most famous vid, no need to say more

5YsGJz3j4os

bigbluedefense
04-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Wait...what?

I'm confused.

tjsunstein
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
So... Warren Sapp, right....

dan77733
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Can someone please explain to me how someone who's worth over $6m can file for bankruptcy?

cmarq83
04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Can someone please explain to me how someone who's worth over $6m can file for bankruptcy?

His assets are $6.45 mil and his liabilities are $6.7 mil. His liabilities>assets and he can't afford his various payments so he's declaring bankruptcy so he can restructure and settle with his creditors.