PDA

View Full Version : Damning words from Demaryius Thomas about Tebow

MI_Buckeye
04-13-2012, 03:15 AM
I completely agree, but I'm surprised Thomas would say it publicly as strongly as he did.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7807571/denver-broncos-demaryius-thomas-miss-tim-tebow

Caddy
04-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Must be hard to hide the elation of changing QB's from Tebow to Manning.

SuperPacker
04-13-2012, 05:42 AM
They make it sound like saying "Peyton > Tebow" is a terrible thing.

Razor
04-13-2012, 05:47 AM
This is no surprise... I just hope he can take all of this with him to the Jets. That would make me a happy camper.

Caddy
04-13-2012, 05:48 AM
They make it sound like saying "Peyton > Tebow" is a terrible thing.

I'm surprised there wasn't a love boat sized party.

Brent
04-13-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm surprised there wasn't a love boat sized party.
Please, this is going to be one of those posts on ESPN where there will be 900 comments and most of them will be in defense of Tim Tebow.

TheBoyWonder22
04-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Most of the comments complain about his English and call Thomas fat and slow as well as saying he can't catch... It would be so different if he typed it up himself but that's how a reporter conveyed his words. Plus Thomas has a studly YAC. I have no clue why people are so defensive of Tebow.

Caddy
04-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Most of the comments complain about his English and call Thomas fat and slow as well as saying he can't catch... It would be so different if he typed it up himself but that's how a reporter conveyed his words. Plus Thomas has a studly YAC. I have no clue why people are so defensive of Tebow.

You are a heathen.

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Can we have we have a new NFLDC rule stating no more new threads about Tebow?

Shane P. Hallam
04-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Can we have we have a new NFLDC rule stating no more new threads about Tebow?

I can make a thread to discuss that if you want.

Trogdor
04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Burn the heretic!

-_- In all seriousness though. At this stage I don't think anyone aside from members of the "Church of Tebow-christ" believes he's an NFL quarterback. Thomas should be excited. He's going from a QB that would complete 50% of his passes during warmups to Peyton Manning.

cmarq83
04-13-2012, 08:06 AM
"Everything on ESPN was all about Tim," Thomas said. "That bothered some players, too, because they would say, 'Tim Tebow Time.' I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time, there wouldn't be no supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.' "

If he's upset about this it's not like it'll get any better with Manning. Granted it's more warranted, but having Manning on your team is like having a credit vacuum.

49erNation85
04-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Y'all are just haters of the poor kid. He will get his chance in New York prove ya all wrong once again.

killxswitch
04-13-2012, 09:03 AM
If he's upset about this it's not like it'll get any better with Manning. Granted it's more warranted, but having Manning on your team is like having a credit vacuum.

Not in the same way. Not at all. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, even Pierre Garcon all got time in the spotlight. Manning is a private and businesslike player and person. Not only will the credit he receives be warranted, but the people giving him credit won't be complete idiots. Manning doesn't have the same blind devoted fanbase of nutcases that Tebow does.

Menardo75
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't get what people expect him to say. Who wouldn't want to play with Peyton instead of Tebow? I can't even imagine how frustrated he and the rest of the WR corps got last year.

brat316
04-13-2012, 10:17 AM
espn comments

Hey, Denver was 1-4 before HE came back, and then they started winning. So of COURSE it was all having HIM in the starting lineup. Yes, there's no doubt, he wasn't there and they lost, got back in the starting lineup and they won. yes, ELVIS DUMERVILLE was the difference!

cmarq83
04-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Not in the same way. Not at all. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, even Pierre Garcon all got time in the spotlight. Manning is a private and businesslike player and person. Not only will the credit he receives be warranted, but the people giving him credit won't be complete idiots. Manning doesn't have the same blind devoted fanbase of nutcases that Tebow does.

However, when it comes down to credit on the field there is no way you could possibly deny that Manning gets virtually all the credit for the Colts playoff years. If you listened to the announcers, every pass he threw was only successful because he called the play, audibled for the matchup, had a laser quick release to avoid the sack, and threw a perfect pass to an averagely talented receiver corps who were always covered. He dominated the sports media markets for the Colts, he got every segment and commercial. When the Colts won a game the headline and picture always included Manning some way in it.

He may not bask in it, and he definitely deserves it because he's 1 of the 5 best QB's ever, but he was the dominant personality on the Colts. When people talk about the 2000's Colts the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing they talk about is Manning.

killxswitch
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
However, when it comes down to credit on the field there is no way you could possibly deny that Manning gets virtually all the credit for the Colts playoff years. If you listened to the announcers, every pass he threw was only successful because he called the play, audibled for the matchup, had a laser quick release to avoid the sack, and threw a perfect pass to an averagely talented receiver corps who were always covered. He dominated the sports media markets for the Colts, he got every segment and commercial. When the Colts won a game the headline and picture always included Manning some way in it.

He may not bask in it, and he definitely deserves it because he's 1 of the 5 best QB's ever, but he was the dominant personality on the Colts. When people talk about the 2000's Colts the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing they talk about is Manning.

This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.

phlysac
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
So Demaryius Thomas would rather allow Perrish Cox have sex and impregnate his girlfriend than have ESPN talk about "Tebow Time!"

:P

cmarq83
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.

Oh no doubt.

WCH
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Hey, Denver was 1-4 before HE came back, and then they started winning. So of COURSE it was all having HIM in the starting lineup. Yes, there's no doubt, he wasn't there and they lost, got back in the starting lineup and they won. yes, ELVIS DUMERVILLE was the difference!

This seems at least as plausible as the Tebow Time storyline.

descendency
04-13-2012, 11:57 AM

Tebow Time > Peyton Manning's playoffs performances...

*prepares to be flamed*

Trogdor
04-13-2012, 12:02 PM
So Demaryius Thomas would rather allow Perrish Cox have sex and impregnate his girlfriend than have ESPN talk about "Tebow Time!"

:P

At least Thomas has a chance to catch some of that action.

vidae
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Y'all are just haters of the poor kid. He will get his chance in New York prove ya all wrong once again.

Really? :njx:

Rosebud
04-13-2012, 01:04 PM
This guy can't wait to see Tebow smite you heathens. Haven't you fools yet realized that logic is no longer applicable?

Brent
04-13-2012, 03:21 PM
This guy can't wait to see Tebow smite you heathens. Haven't you fools yet realized that logic is no longer applicable?
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Read in my best Bill Murray voice.

vidae
04-13-2012, 03:28 PM
That sure as hell doesn't include me. Tebow is a joke. And this thread is funny. You mean to tell me a WR would rather play with a HoF QB than a gimmicky QB with no arm? The hell you say!

MI_Buckeye
04-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Actually, I think the most interesting thing to take away from Thomas' comments are that Tebow's leadership and intangibles were clearly overrated. The entire team clearly did not rally around Tebow or play ten times harder, because Timmy Terrific was leading them. If that were the case, I don't think you'd see so many of his teammates act so cavalierly about his departure.

Caulibflower
04-13-2012, 05:19 PM
This is such a pointless thread. Tebow's had receivers complaining about him since Florida. With Tebow it always has been, and always will be, a narrative about whether he can win games on his own. That's what bugs people. He distracts from the team concept, and gets a disproportionate amount of praise, seemingly on account of the fact that he wins despite playing without any sense of football strategy. Receivers are expected to run disciplined routes, but Tebow doesn't play disciplined; he does whatever he wants. And he did it at Florida, and he did it in Denver, and he's always had a winning record, so he gets the accolades. Denver was limited by Tebow last year in many ways, but watching the fourth-quarter drives he put together, you know that was all Tebow, too. He's at his best when he doesn't have to execute a specific gameplan. But I just don't really get why it's considered newsworthy that his former teammate is excited to play with Peyton Manning. He'll get to play his position the way he's used to playing it, instead of being a downfield run-blocker and occasionally chasing down a deep ball.

MetSox17
04-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I was pretty happy about the fact that Tebow was trolling so many people. What i find funny is how Demaryius says he doesn't want to talk bad about Tim after he talks bad about Tim, lol.

YAYareaRB
04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I was pretty happy about the fact that Tebow was trolling so many people. What i find funny is how Demaryius says he doesn't want to talk bad about Tim after he talks bad about Tim, lol.

like how people say "no offense but.." right before they offend someone

Rosebud
04-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Actually, I think the most interesting thing to take away from Thomas' comments are that Tebow's leadership and intangibles were clearly overrated. The entire team clearly did not rally around Tebow or play ten times harder, because Timmy Terrific was leading them. If that were the case, I don't think you'd see so many of his teammates act so cavalierly about his departure.

They're just trying to cover up how hurt they are to have lost him.

Ngatachance92
04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Wheres that one 49ers fan with the Gator logo on his avy? I expected him to come into this thread swinging.

WCH
04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
He stopped by (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2946131&#post2946131) to say that we're all just being mean to poor Tim.

Ngatachance92
04-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Ahh, I missed him on my first read through... I was expecting paragraphs..

BandwagonPunditry
04-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Ahh, I missed him on my first read through... I was expecting paragraphs..

Good luck with that, he barely understands sentence structure.

jsagan77
04-14-2012, 02:18 PM
ok, so where are all of you people who were, on this very board, trying to tell broncos fans we were wrong last season about tebow's complete and utter inability to play qb? come on, y'all were pretty vocal for a while. i'm sure you want to tell demaryius that he's wrong and that tebow was actually a really good passer and the sole reason the team was any good.

Who ever said he was a good QB? Everyone argued that he was the reason they won games with his clutch play in the 4th quarter and his ability to make others believe that if the game is close that he'll put them in position to win. No one ever said he was an amazing QB that I recall.

You guys were saying it was all defense, when in fact they were more overrated than Tebow. They couldn't stop a good offense if it was a life or death situation.

Trogdor
04-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Who ever said he was a good QB? Everyone argued that he was the reason they won games with his clutch play in the 4th quarter and his ability to make others believe that if the game is close that he'll put them in position to win. No one ever said he was an amazing QB that I recall.

You guys were saying it was all defense, when in fact they were more overrated than Tebow. They couldn't stop a good offense if it was a life or death situation.

Please don't say "everyone" said Tebow was clutch and he put them in position to win. The only people saying that would be Tebow apologists.

That defense was the sole reason Tebow's ineptly led offense had a chance to win games at the end. That's what happens when you hand the keys to the offensive to a fullback.

-_- Or does completing single digit passes and having multiple three and outs actually help your defense now by giving them more reps?

jsagan77
04-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Please don't say "everyone" said Tebow was clutch and he put them in position to win. The only people saying that would be Tebow apologists.

That defense was the sole reason Tebow's ineptly led offense had a chance to win games at the end. That's what happens when you hand the keys to the offensive to a fullback.

-_- Or does completing single digit passes and having multiple three and outs actually help your defense now by giving them more reps?

What competent QB did that defense stop? Rivers in his funk year? Look at the Qb's/teams they played well against. Orton with like 2 weeks of work, Palmer same situation, Chicago's backup, Sanchez, etc... The Packers, Chargers (1st game), Buffalo, Pats, Det, and Minny all lit up the score board against them.

They were severely overrated.

Tebow was not an efficient QB and yes he needs tons of work and I admitted to so, but that defense was ridiculously overrated. If it weren't for Tebow they may have been picking 1st overall (Which is what I think Elway's plan was honestly after cutting Orton and trading Lloyd for nothing. )

jsagan77
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
that's hilarious. luckily for me, i'm not feeding the trolls today.

If I were you I'd probably not try to feed me either since I've pwned you every other time we've had a debate. I guess that's what happens when facts get in the way though.

jsagan77
04-14-2012, 03:31 PM
yes, your utter and complete lack of ability to watch broncos games begat so much 'pwning'. it's almost cute, really.

I watched everyone thank you very much. Sunday ticket and DVR is a beautiful thing. Not saying the defense didn't play well during that stretch too, and that they weren't good against poor competition but they were completely murdered by descent offenses. It's easy too look good against backups and guys just taking over.

Just tell me one good offense they stifled besides the Chargers 2nd game.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Go Tebow! I love Tebow.

Look, while I'm rooting for the guy, I obviously acknowledge that he sucks. But to be fair, he sucked a little less with each passing game, you did see slight improvement over the course of the season, climaxing in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

He's a long way to go, but you can't help but root for the guy. Would I want him qb'ing my team? Hell no. But he's just so damn entertaining, I really hope he sticks around. I love watching him play.

And I love how controversial he is. Keep defying logic Tebow!

brat316
04-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Dumerville was way better than Tebow.

MI_Buckeye
04-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Go Tebow! I love Tebow.

Look, while I'm rooting for the guy, I obviously acknowledge that he sucks. But to be fair, he sucked a little less with each passing game, you did see slight improvement over the course of the season, climaxing in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

He's a long way to go, but you can't help but root for the guy. Would I want him qb'ing my team? Hell no. But he's just so damn entertaining, I really hope he sticks around. I love watching him play.

And I love how controversial he is. Keep defying logic Tebow!

Not really. He was absolutely horrendous the last two games of the regular season, and in the playoff game against the Patriots, a bad defensive team. The Steelers game was an outlier, an abberation, a fluke.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Not really. He was absolutely horrendous the last two games of the regular season, and in the playoff game against the Patriots, a bad defensive team. The Steelers game was an outlier, an abberation, a fluke.

It was the offensive coordinator's fault.

Hell, if we can use that lame excuse for every other qb on this forum, we can use it for Tebow too.

If it's the OC's fault that *insert qb here* threw that INT, doesn't throw it deep, keeps getting sacked, etc, then let it apply to him too.

MI_Buckeye
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
What competent QB did that defense stop? Rivers in his funk year? Look at the Qb's/teams they played well against. Orton with like 2 weeks of work, Palmer same situation, Chicago's backup, Sanchez, etc... The Packers, Chargers (1st game), Buffalo, Pats, Det, and Minny all lit up the score board against them.

They were severely overrated.

Tebow was not an efficient QB and yes he needs tons of work and I admitted to so, but that defense was ridiculously overrated. If it weren't for Tebow they may have been picking 1st overall (Which is what I think Elway's plan was honestly after cutting Orton and trading Lloyd for nothing. )

Listen, I agree the Broncos D was massively overrated. I agree they couldn't play with top-flight offenses, and their production was inflated against the dregs of the league.

However, they were very productive over the eight-game stretch where they went 7-1. They were responsible for keeping the Broncos in all those games, even if they weren't that great themselves. They went 8-5 down the stretch while only scoring 20 points three times.

Jvig43
04-14-2012, 04:28 PM
It was the offensive coordinator's fault.

Hell, if we can use that lame excuse for every other qb on this forum, we can use it for Tebow too.

If it's the OC's fault that *insert qb here* threw that INT, doesn't throw it deep, keeps getting sacked, etc, then let it apply to him too.

Now that he's with the jets of course were going to have to listen to that excuse. Were still hearing it for Sanchez.

jsagan77
04-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Listen, I agree the Broncos D was massively overrated. I agree they couldn't play with top-flight offenses, and their production was inflated against the dregs of the league.

However, they were very productive over the eight-game stretch where they went 7-1. They were responsible for keeping the Broncos in all those games, even if they weren't that great themselves. They went 8-5 down the stretch while only scoring 20 points three times.

Again, this was against the dregs of the league (or for the most part)--No one disagree's with that so what's the issue? . People are using the defense against Tebow when they were more holistic than apart--which is one of the main points. If Tebow weren't so clutch at the end of games, what impact did that have on the D to make them feel like keeping it close would result in a W? I think it's an easy assumption that the D felt that if they kept it close that Tebow would somehow pull it out (and he proved that by doing it over and over). So while the team as a whole wasn't very good, they did win games with a solid D effort (most weeks) and clutch QB play when it counted most.

The problem was that people were making excuses as to WHY the wins were occurring by making it look like it was entirely the defense when in fact it was a combination of both clutch QB play during the time it counted, solid D and good special teams (on occasion). If the D were to buckle and give more points then Tebow would have had no chance at coming back. If Tebow would have faltered in the clutch they would have no chance to win or tie. The point is, that both of those things happened and were dependent on each other. The reason people took exception is because the detractors were giving NO credit to Tebow and just crediting the D which was a huge falsification.

MI_Buckeye
04-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Again, this was against the dregs of the league (or for the most part)--No one disagree's with that so what's the issue? . People are using the defense against Tebow when they were more holistic than apart--which is one of the main points. If Tebow weren't so clutch at the end of games, what impact did that have on the D to make them feel like keeping it close would result in a W? I think it's an easy assumption that the D felt that if they kept it close that Tebow would somehow pull it out (and he proved that by doing it over and over). So while the team as a whole wasn't very good, they did win games with a solid D effort (most weeks) and clutch QB play when it counted most.

The problem was that people were making excuses as to WHY the wins were occurring by making it look like it was entirely the defense when in fact it was a combination of both clutch QB play during the time it counted, solid D and good special teams (on occasion). If the D were to buckle and give more points then Tebow would have had no chance at coming back. If Tebow would have faltered in the clutch they would have no chance to win or tie. The point is, that both of those things happened and were dependent on each other. The reason people took exception is because the detractors were giving NO credit to Tebow and just crediting the D which was a huge falsification.

Very fair point. Each camp on this issue was probably oversimplifying the issue. However, when came to the core issue of whether Tim Tebow is good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL, supporters would point to his record and nothing else. They were ignoring all the other confounding factors like the defense and the softness of their schedule during that stretch.

PoopSandwich
04-14-2012, 08:11 PM
If you're a player and you're dumb enough to listen to the media, you're dumb.

jsagan77
04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
I watched everyone thank you very much. Sunday ticket and DVR is a beautiful thing. Not saying the defense didn't play well during that stretch too, and that they weren't good against poor competition but they were completely murdered by descent offenses. It's easy too look good against backups and guys just taking over.

Just tell me one good offense they stifled besides the Chargers 2nd game.

Figured the crickets would be chirping...

scottyboy
04-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Figured the crickets would be chirping...

i don't think people are saying the broncos D was stifling and top 5, but it was damn good and the broncos wins were because of the defense way more than they were because of Tebow. That's the reason they won, not using fullback pass 25 times a game.

jsagan77
04-15-2012, 04:36 PM
i don't think people are saying the broncos D was stifling and top 5, but it was damn good and the broncos wins were because of the defense way more than they were because of Tebow. That's the reason they won, not using fullback pass 25 times a game.

You did watch Christian Ponder tear them a new one right? How about Brady twice? Maybe Stafford? How about Rodgers? Their D was atrocious against every team they played except for teams with crap offenses. So no their D was not "damn good". They were the complete opposite so unless they played a Cutlerless Bears team, Orton with like one week in the system, Palmer with a week in the system (Still threw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's), Sanchez, Tyler Palko, and Rivers in his funk they were mediocre at best. They were the 20th ranked D for Christ sake and probably would have been much worse if they didn't luck out and have a softer schedule due to QB injuries during that win streak.

scottyboy
04-15-2012, 05:01 PM
You did watch Christian Ponder tear them a new one right? How about Brady twice? Maybe Stafford? How about Rodgers? Their D was atrocious against every team they played except for teams with crap offenses. So no their D was not "damn good". They were the complete opposite so unless they played a Cutlerless Bears team, Orton with like one week in the system, Palmer with a week in the system (Still threw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's), Sanchez, Tyler Palko, and Rivers in his funk they were mediocre at best. They were the 20th ranked D for Christ sake and probably would have been much worse if they didn't luck out and have a softer schedule due to QB injuries during that win streak.

You do realize you just listed 3 of the best passing offenses in the league, right?

And after all this crap you just spewed, they still were more the reason for Denvers wins than Tebow was

jsagan77
04-15-2012, 05:23 PM
You do realize you just listed 3 of the best passing offenses in the league, right?

And after all this crap you just spewed, they still were more the reason for Denvers wins than Tebow was

So because you say so? That's a good argument. This site is full of people like you and NJX who have absolutely no way to support your argument besides "Because I said so" type dross and when you can't explain something you just try to insult people or call them trolls. It's like debating with a 3 year old.

HOW were they so lights out? Why were they so good in your view? How did they

scottyboy
04-15-2012, 05:30 PM
So because you say so? That's a good argument. This site is full of people like you and NJX who have absolutely no way to support your argument besides "Because I said so" type dross and when you can't explain something you just try to insult people or call them trolls. It's like debating with a 3 year old.

HOW were they so lights out? Why were they so good in your view? How did they

wait...I said they were lights out? When did I say that? You're seriously making up arguments to argue against. The fact is, Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback. You do realize that the team scored 19 points a game, right? When you're scoring 19 points a game and some how win games, then it's because of your defense.

but then again, no offense to njx, we're arguing over the success of a mediocre team that went 8-8 and made the playoffs because they played in a dogshit division, so the "success" isn't much.

you know what's really like arguing with a 3 year old? the tebow fan boys who will twist everything to make Tebow look good. everything

jsagan77
04-15-2012, 05:32 PM
reading tends to be a massively useful skill. but if it makes you feel better, you can tell your friends you totally 'pwned' me again.

I don't need to tell anyone, they can all read.

And keep telling yourself that you're awesome despite your obvious lack of football knowledge, your inability to debate, and your severe lack of ability to present any sort of substance to back your up your opinion.

You do have an uncanny ability to spell troll though so I'm sure every ****** on here will + rep you.

jsagan77
04-15-2012, 05:43 PM
wait...I said they were lights out? When did I say that? You're seriously making up arguments to argue against. The fact is, Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback. You do realize that the team scored 19 points a game, right? When you're scoring 19 points a game and some how win games, then it's because of your defense.

but then again, no offense to njx, we're arguing over the success of a mediocre team that went 8-8 and made the playoffs because they played in a dogshit division, so the "success" isn't much.

you know what's really like arguing with a 3 year old? the tebow fan boys who will twist everything to make Tebow look good. everything

When did I ever say Tebow was a good NFL QB? You know that the defense gave up 24.4 PPG right? You know that team was one of the worst teams in the NFL prior to Tebow taking over, and they made the playoffs, right? It's not one thing or the other, it's a combination of Tebow rising to the occasion when he had to and the defense playing well against crappy opponents. How is it that the Defense had more to do with that than Tebow? I'm still waiting.

scottyboy
04-15-2012, 05:52 PM
When did I ever say Tebow was a good NFL QB? You know that the defense gave up 24.4 PPG right? You know that team was one of the worst teams in the NFL prior to Tebow taking over, and they made the playoffs, right? It's not one thing or the other, it's a combination of Tebow rising to the occasion when he had to and the defense playing well against crappy opponents. How is it that the Defense had more to do with that than Tebow? I'm still waiting.

so what exactly are you trying to argue then? You're calling everyone out acting all high and mighty when you're just running around in circles. The stats in PPG for the Broncos are inflated with a couple of ugly, ugly losses. They got shat on numerous times by the likes of the Pats, Packers, Lions, Bills and the ugly win against the Vikings.

But on the flip side, how about that 7-3 loss to the chiefs? the 16-13 OT win against the chargers? 18-15 OT win against miami? Scoring 10 against the Lions? come on now.

The defense had more good games and kept them in games more times than they didn't. The only time the offense bailed out the defense was Oakland, Minny and the regular season Pats loss where they scored a good amount but the D got face ****** and perhaps the chargers loss.

Perhaps, "damn good" on my part was an over-statement, but they kept the team in more games more time than the offense did, especially against mediocre defenses where the offense was just horrendous.

jsagan77
04-19-2012, 05:09 PM
This is typical post from someone who can't 'get it'. Ur trying to argue something that mostly everyone agrees with. Id like to know what 'circles' im going in. Also im not the one that said anything about 'trolls' so i have a right to defend myself and other's point considering we knew who he was talking about.

elway=goat
04-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Tebow was a terrible QB last year. Yeah he made some clutch plays, sure. But he wouldn't of had to if he wasn't so awful the first 45-55 minutes of every game. It's not like these were shoot outs either. A lot of these games he was coming up clutch it were low scoring.

As clutch as Tebow was at times, so was the defense. It seems more often than not, the entire reason why Tebow and the offense was in a position to come up clutch or to close ot a game is because the defense. So many times there was a sack, a pick, a forced fumble.. Or are we all going to forget about those plays?

Jsagan77.. I dont even see your point, and you do see to be bitching just to *****.

jsagan77
04-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Tebow was a terrible QB last year. Yeah he made some clutch plays, sure. But he wouldn't of had to if he wasn't so awful the first 45-55 minutes of every game. It's not like these were shoot outs either. A lot of these games he was coming up clutch it were low scoring.

As clutch as Tebow was at times, so was the defense. It seems more often than not, the entire reason why Tebow and the offense was in a position to come up clutch or to close ot a game is because the defense. So many times there was a sack, a pick, a forced fumble.. Or are we all going to forget about those plays?

Jsagan77.. I dont even see your point, and you do see to be bitching just to *****.

Not bitching at all.

the decider13
04-25-2012, 09:56 PM

Well timed turnovers and well timed defensive stands. The defense was solid and showed up when it needed to bail out Tebow.

The only person that Tebow bailed out was himself. He played terribly all game, then has a halfway decent final drive (where all the passes are off target by the receiver slides for them) and everyone thinks he did an awesome job. He put the team in that situation with his sub par play. While he might have won some close games, it was his fault they were in that position.

If anyone deserves credit for making the broncos a good team, it's Colquitt and Prater. Colquitt had to punt 10 times a game because of the excessive amount of 3 and outs that Tebow committed and Prater had to hit 50 yard game deciding field goals because that's as close as Tebow could get him. The special teams deserves more credit for the teams record last year than their QB play.

WCH
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I didn't realize this until I looked up Britton Colquitt's stats just now, but his father and uncle were NFL punters, his brother is an NFL punter, and he has a cousin who's a college punter.

Who would have guessed that punting would ever be a family trade.

CashmoneyDrew
04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
I didn't realize this until I looked up Britton Colquitt's stats just now, but his father and uncle were NFL punters, his brother is an NFL punter, and he has a cousin who's a college punter.

Who would have guessed that punting would ever be a family trade.

Yes. And UT could really use another Colquitt right now.

I remember watching Dustin in college and his punting actually won them a game or two.