PDA

View Full Version : Paul Posluszny Says Hed Like to be a Giant

GiantRutgersFan
03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Paul Posluszny Says Hed Like to be a Giant

By Dan Benton | March 28th, 2007

Print | E-mail

Poz - Athlonsports.com

This morning on Sirius radio with Bob Papa and Howard Cross, Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny said that he would like to play for the Giants. He went on to add that he had previously sat down to dinner with Ernie Accorsi and that he wished Accorsi would have stayed another year to put in a good word for him.

Frankly, I dont think a good word needs to be put in for Poz. While he may not be a combine monster, he is a hell of a football player. I realize people are going to pick apart his 40 time and claim hes to slow, or break down some other meaningless combine stat but the facts remain; Poz is a ballhawk and an amazing athlete. Not to mention he wants to play in New York for the Giants there is something to be said for that after last season and this offseason.

I cant sit here and say the jury is out on him. I honestly believe that Poz will be the real deal in the NFL. Hes a leader, a hard worker and a great linebacker. Hes won both the Chuck Bednarik award and the Dick Butkus award; something only one other Penn State linebacker has ever done. There are various other awards and accomplishments hes earned but it would take three hours to list them.

If the Giants want someone proven, hes as proven as its going to get. Dissect his numbers all you want, some NFL team is going to get a great deal when they draft this guy. I can only hope it will be the Giants.

I think he is gonna be our pick and its gonna be a great one at that. He can step right in and start for us. he produces and thats the bottom line. He gets it done.

bigbluedefense
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't be upset with Poz at all. I like him as a player alot. The only concerns I have with him is the fact that he's injured his knee already. That, and I think our LB situation isn't as bad as people think.

Id love him at SAM.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't be upset with Poz at all. I like him as a player alot. The only concerns I have with him is the fact that he's injured his knee already. That, and I think our LB situation isn't as bad as people think.

Id love him at SAM.

He sucked in coverage and looked lost at times, according to the stuff i saw at senior bowl week.

scottyboy
03-29-2007, 02:38 PM
i agree with shocking, we need coverage at LB. With gerris' speed, i'd like to see him cover TE's and put perhaps poz on the other side(of course pierce middle) mitchell doesnt need to start.

i still feel CB is still more of a need

ricky bobby
03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm growing on him a bit, but i'd still take either one off the top 3 CBs, or Lawrence Timmons in round 1.

thule
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
He really fits a Coughlin type player...the more I think about it the more sense it makes.

bearsfan_51
03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
He should want to go higher. Dummy.

ricky bobby
03-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Just the fact that he wants to play for Coughlin is astonishing. He must be a damn hard worker.

Off Topic - Coughlin compared himself to Hitler recently.

scottyboy
03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
no, hitler compared the hate he gets compared to te hate hitler gets

ricky bobby
03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
no, hitler compared the hate he gets compared to te hate hitler gets

Come Agian?

scottyboy
03-29-2007, 05:11 PM
he compared the hate he gets to the hate hitler gets- yea i kinda typed hitler instead of coughlin lol- my bad

ricky bobby
03-29-2007, 05:43 PM
lol, understandable. I'm taking that quote and running with it just like the rest of the media.

Forenci
03-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I've been a fan of Paul Posluszny, along with GFR, for quite some time. I like his passion for the game, and the fact that he wants to play for the Giants is a huge plus in my mind. You know if he wants to play for them (and who knows, he may be a fan) that he'll give it his all for the team.

Also, a lot of people are down on him because of his injury, which I think is a bit overblown. He recovered fine, and while did not play superb, keep in mind that type of injury can take over two years to fully recover from. Just look at guys like Will Demps, who was recovering from the same thing - and as timed passed, he got better and better until he was really doing a great job for us in the secondary the latter half of the season.

Not to mention that Paul is still young, and it's a lot easier to have an injury like that when you're young because you'll recover a lot better.

I think he's pretty decent at coverage, and he could sort of be a jack of all trades. If Antonio needs breather, send him in, if Wilkinson needs one, send him in, if Mitchell does, send him in. I think it'd make for a great rotation and in a year when he's got some experience under his belt, he can step in at SAM or WILL.

Damix
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I'd rather go secondary, OT and WR before LB

Forenci
03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I agree with that Damix. I'm a fan of trading down, and if Paul is still around, take him. Otherwise I'd like to trade down and get a chance at Chris Houston or perhaps a guy I've been intrigued with lately, Joe Staley.

eacantdraft
03-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm frightened that EA liked him. Not a good sign. Hopefully Reese will continue to distance himself from EA.

And guyz, he was on the Giants radio show. Do you think he will say he wants to play for the Eagles? He is going to say he wants to play in Buffalo (the armpit of the league) if he was on a Buffalo radio show.

GiantRutgersFan
03-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm frightened that EA liked him. Not a good sign. Hopefully Reese will continue to distance himself from EA.

Cause Jeremy Shockey, Osi Oumenora, Kiwi, Barry cofield, Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs, and Chris Snee all suck right?

eacantdraft
03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Cause Jeremy Shockey, Osi Oumenora, Kiwi, Barry cofield, Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs, and Chris Snee all suck right?

Jacobs and haven't proven himself as starters yet. Cofield is nothing outstanding. Snee was a Tom Coughlin pick. The Eli trade is still costing the Giants.

And then you Ron Dayne, Joe Montgomery, Corey Webster, William Joseph, Sinorice Moss, Tim Carter, Will Allen, from the first 2 rounds of Giants blown draft picks during the EA era.

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Will Allen was not a blown draft pick, him and Will Pete were good for a few years, Pete got screwed w injuries and Allen was a good player for a while, he couldnt catch but he certainly wasnt a bust. And Sinorice is in his second year aafter an injury riddled first season, please stop saying everyone EA drafted was a bust unless it is a legitimate reason to do so.

Go_Eli
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
And it really isn't EA's fault Tim Lewis tried to turn Corey Webster into something he's not.

eacantdraft
04-01-2007, 07:40 AM
Will Allen was not a blown draft pick, him and Will Pete were good for a few years, Pete got screwed w injuries and Allen was a good player for a while, he couldnt catch but he certainly wasnt a bust. And Sinorice is in his second year aafter an injury riddled first season, please stop saying everyone EA drafted was a bust unless it is a legitimate reason to do so.

Take off the homer glasses. Will Allen is viewed by almost anyone with sound football knowledge as a bust.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Take off the homer glasses. Will Allen is viewed by almost anyone with sound football knowledge as a bust.

Yeah I agree i am not a will allen fan and at all. He def had issues but we just never made a change as fast as we should have.

scottyboy
04-01-2007, 09:21 AM
ok eacantdraft, allen turned out to be a bust- what about the others? you know like snee? osi? kiwi? how bout diehl in round 5? EA takes way too much criticism. Webster has yet to show his stuff because he played under Tim Lewis.

eacantdraft
04-01-2007, 06:06 PM
ok eacantdraft, allen turned out to be a bust- what about the others? you know like snee? osi? kiwi? how bout diehl in round 5? EA takes way too much criticism. Webster has yet to show his stuff because he played under Tim Lewis.

I'm sure Coughlin was a big reason for getting Snee there. Everyone will get lucky in the draft once in a while. I never said EA was the 2nd coming of Matt Millen. He certainly was never a top 10 GM in the league.