PDA

View Full Version : NFL Schedule Talk

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I created this because since we are the NY market team, our schedule has already gotten leaked. So, again we have a tough schedule in the NFL.

Giants 2012 regular-season schedule features tough closing stretch

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/giants_2012_regular-season_sch.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

Week 1 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (Wed., Sept. 5)

Week 2 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 3 - at Carolina Panthers (Thurs. Sept 20)

Week 4 - at Philadelphia Eagles (Sun, Sept. 30, 8:30 p.m., NBC)

Week 5 - vs. Cleveland Browns

Week 6 - at San Francisco 49ers

Week 7 - vs. Washington Redskins

Week 8 - at Dallas Cowboys

Week 9 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 10 - at Cincinnati Bengals

Week 11 - BYE (Nov. 18)

Week 12 - vs. Green Bay Packers

Week 13 - at Washington Redskins

Week 14 - vs. New Orleans Saints

Week 15 - at Atlanta Falcons

Week 16 - at Baltimore Ravens

Week 17 - vs. Philadelphia Eagles

As expected, this schedule is backloaded with tough games. Four of the final six games are against teams that made the playoffs this past season.

The first few weeks are interesting, as the Giants will have a long layoff after their first and third games.

Full details are coming at 7 p.m.

Mike Garafolo: mgarafolo@starledger.com

Some beat writer twitter quotes:

Bart Hubbuch ‏ @NYPost_Hubbuch

Judging from the final six games of the schedule posted by @MikeGarafolo, the NFL really, really, REALLY doesn't want the Giants repeating.

Rich Eisen ‏ @richeisen

Retweet
Favorite
Open

In my 8 years of doing the schedule show, I've realized there's another certainty to death and taxes: the Giants schedule getting leaked.

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Bengals at Ravens is first Monday night game.

tjsunstein
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Week 12 it is then.

Pat Sims 90
04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Bengals at Ravens is first Monday night game.

That is the rumor.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
How did they icon get there? I didn't click on anything... For once, can we have a very easy schedule?

igglefanz
04-17-2012, 05:31 PM
That is the ills of winning the division. Eagles have near the same schedule except we have Detroit and Arizona vs GB and SF. Not like having a tough schedule kept you from winning the super bowl.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 05:39 PM
That is the ills of winning the division. Eagles have near the same schedule except we have Detroit and Arizona vs GB and SF. Not like having a tough schedule kept you from winning the super bowl.

No, but it's annoying! NE and GB have the easiest. For once, I'd like an easy schedule. Maybe it may keep years on my life, especially the way we play, where games come down to the final minute. I don't think I could live with the close games like last year.

asdf1223
04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Broncos Vs. Steelers is the first SNF game, which Hines actually guessed more than a month ago.

Packers at Seahawks for week 3 in Seattle. I honestly didnt think we would get a primetime game outside of the Thursday night game.

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
NFL.com has already screwed up.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Watching NFL.com now for the unveil show.

_YL_
04-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Raiders chargers MNF

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
The full schedule is up on nfl.com if anyone can't wait.

prock
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
The Vikings have a super easy schedule outside our division. We play AFC South, NFC West, Jax, and Tampa. If Ponder progresses and we get some solid starters out of this draft, we could easily be looking at 7 or 8 wins.

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Does the NFL want you to watch their schedule show before they just give you the schedule on NFL.com first? Because the huge link on their front page just goes to the 2011 schedule.

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:10 PM
The full schedule is up on nfl.com if anyone can't wait.

Can you give me a link?

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh nevermind, after clicking around I found it.

Thecollegedropout
04-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Can you give me a link?
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG1

Jets get a Turkey Day game....AGAIN(Host NE). What the hell are we? The Lions/Cowboys? Its like the 3rd Turkey game in like 6 years...

redbills
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Bills no SNF or MNF but hey we get MIA in the cool TNF, lame. 35 SNF and MNF so 70 spots and we get none yet again. So far according to ESPN the fing Bears get 3 MN games.
And guess who gets the Pats* after their bye week yet again? Well of course Buff get that.

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I thought the 49ers and Saints would be a primetime game.

Thecollegedropout
04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Bills no SNF or MNF but hey we get MIA in the cool TNF, lame. 35 SNF and MNF so 70 spots and we get none yet again. So far according to ESPN the fing Bears get 3 MN games.
And guess who gets the Pats* after their bye week yet again? Well of course Buff get that.
Jets get you to open the year and end the year....makes no sense but eh.

Bills are always scary week 1....going to be very, very tough. Especially if Lights Out makes it through the preseason unharmed.

Thecollegedropout
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Also the Jets schedule is so slanted towards favoring Tebow over Sanchez its not funny...

Jets get the PIT, SF, HOU D's early and the NFL is expecting Tebow to purge on the JAX, STL, IND D's mid to late in the year. Add the primetime games being so late for this team and you can tell Goodell is begging for Tebow to take the reigns.

Pat Sims 90
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
The Bengals with 3 prime time games. Most they have ever had in one season.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Colts Season Preview
Luck will take lumps

Andrew Luck makes his NFL debut in Chicago. Nothing like jumping right in. Once a month, Luck squares off against an elite QB. He'll hook up with Aaron Rodgers in October, Tom Brady in November and Matthew Stafford in December. We'll be able to chart his growth easily.

Glad they already made our draft pick for us even if it is a foregone conclusion.

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Packers and Texans week 6. Man I can't wait for that.

Ness
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Chargers at Saints looks like a nice matchup as well.

DoughBoy
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Titans get 2 home primetime games! feels like the first time ever.

asdf1223
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Also the Jets schedule is so slanted towards favoring Tebow over Sanchez its not funny...

Jets get the PIT, SF, HOU D's early and the NFL is expecting Tebow to purge on the JAX, STL, IND D's mid to late in the year. Add the primetime games being so late for this team and you can tell Goodell is begging for Tebow to take the reigns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yVi-Z9cXPIo#t=264s

vidae
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Chiefs with two primetime games but neither are at home. Sad day. :(

Notredameleo
04-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Lions get five prime time games.

Complex
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
I could see the titans on TV 3 out 1st 4 weeks. Only thing standing in my way is stupid fox and their love for the cowboys.

Edit: 4 out of the 1st 6 weeks.

21ST
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Redskins and Cowboys only 2 teams to open the season with 2 straight road games.........i wonder why

Mufasa
04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
No, but it's annoying! NE and GB have the easiest. For once, I'd like an easy schedule. Maybe it may keep years on my life, especially the way we play, where games come down to the final minute. I don't think I could live with the close games like last year.It's not like they're making it up as they go along to **** on the Giants. The schedule's been set for years, the NFC East is just catching the other divisions at the wrong times

Because no one outside of Buffalo gives a crap about the Bills. And I'm not sure why you bring up the Bears getting 3 Monday Night games as if it justifies your whining at all. They have a good team that'll be a contender in the playoff race and they have a very strong fanbase. It's not like they're...well...the Bills.

If you want primetime games your team has to get good. The Lions used to almost never get any, and this year they have five. Winning changes things, but for now, no one wants to watch the Bills.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
It's not like they're making it up as they go along to **** on the Giants. The schedule's been set for years, the NFC East is just catching the other divisions at the wrong times

It's year after year after year! It's annoying after a while. Meanwhile, you look and see GB and NE have the easiest schedules in the league. And yeah, I know they are not doing it to screw us intentionally, however, this stuff happens every year! I am just saying it would be nice to have a weak schedule, towards the bottom once.

BaLLiN
04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
damn, i was hoping to have the saints early on with all the suspensions..

jojo
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Redskins and Cowboys only 2 teams to open the season with 2 straight road games.........i wonder why

Dallas with a 6-wk. stretch of only one freaking home game in October until 11/11! Waaaaay too long on the road.

Is this justice? Or Just Us!?!

Meanwhile, you look and see GB and NE have the easiest schedules in the league

Brady has a minimum number of TV appearances written into his contract -- hey, covering his growing bald spot costs big $ !!

SuperMcGee
04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Week 11-16: Miami, @Indy, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Seattle, @Miami

That's potentially a big way to end the season. I can't even imagine if we're hosting the Jets in Week 17 with the playoffs on the line. I'd probably kill someone.

VernonLawson89
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM
5 primetime games

LIKE A BOSS

Scotty D
04-17-2012, 11:26 PM
5 primetime games

LIKE A BOSS

I'm looking forward to week 2.

Ness
04-18-2012, 12:28 AM

So am I. Candlestick should be rocking.

H.O.O.D
04-18-2012, 09:32 AM
I thought the 49ers and Saints would be a primetime game.

Should have been. After the great playoff game we just had with them, and then following the leaked audio, it just makes for a storied game.

The Shakedown 2 : Shake Harder 49ers vs Lions Movie Trailer from NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/09000d5d8285a5c2/Detroit-Lions-vs-San-Francisco-49ers-movie-trailer?fb_ref=fbLike&fb_source=home_oneline)

yodabear
04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Week 11-16: Miami, @Indy, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Seattle, @Miami

That's potentially a big way to end the season. I can't even imagine if we're hosting the Jets in Week 17 with the playoffs on the line. I'd probably kill someone.

U WATCH UR MOUTH....the Rams will surprise!!!!!!!!!

yodabear
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd also like to thank the league for giving us Calvin Johnson week 1, thanks a lot. I see records being broke....

tjsunstein
04-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Packers managed to draw 5 primetime game yet just one MNF and thats in Seattle. Interestingly enough, the Packers get two games in 5 days then 11 to rest up for the MNF game in Seattle. Two tough two game stretches highlight the schedule for me. Obviously the opener and thursday game to start the season, both at home vs. SF and CHI. As well as the two game road trip coming off of our bye that forces us to travel to Detroit and NYG. Also pumped about having the Texans on the schedule. Thats going to be tough to go down there in primetime. I think the Packers are looking at a 12 win season.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Packers managed to draw 5 primetime game yet just one MNF and thats in Seattle. Interestingly enough, the Packers get two games in 5 days then 11 to rest up for the MNF game in Seattle. Two tough two game stretches highlight the schedule for me. Obviously the opener and thursday game to start the season, both at home vs. SF and CHI. As well as the two game road trip coming off of our bye that forces us to travel to Detroit and NYG. Also pumped about having the Texans on the schedule. Thats going to be tough to go down there in primetime. I think the Packers are looking at a 12 win season.

How do you feel about your defense this season? I guess for more detail I can go in your packers section, but in general, how do you think they will fair this season? Are you worried about that side of the ball?

Sloopy
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Can't wait for the carnage that will be 2 Ravens vs steeler games in 3 weeks

Bengalsrz
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
The Bengals with 3 prime time games. Most they have ever had in one season.

We had 4 in '07, but I'm pretty stoked about 3 after the goose egg we had last year. A little surprised that one of them isn't Palmer's return to cincy though.

Ravens1991
04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Can't wait for the carnage that will be 2 Ravens vs steeler games in 3 weeks

It suck we have to travel to ******* San Diego in between

brat316
04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Thursday night games is screwing everyone up, with playing so close. Steelers have 3 games in like 17 days.

tjsunstein
04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
How do you feel about your defense this season? I guess for more detail I can go in your packers section, but in general, how do you think they will fair this season? Are you worried about that side of the ball?

Its worrisome for sure. A lot of questions will be answered on draft day. Obviously we need some kind of production opposite of Clay, an effective pass rusher at DE (Jenkins is missed more than people know), and Nick Collins' future has yet to be decided but the early consensus seems to be that its over.

Fortunately for us, our offense doesnt have a major need heading into next season so we can devote this whole draft to the defense and finding a developmental QB to replace Flynn.

Id love for us to trade up and go after guys we want in the same fashion we got Matthews but I trust Thompson's decision making and cant question how this teams being built. Ask me again post draft.

VernonLawson89
04-18-2012, 06:46 PM

Same here. I will also attend the game :)

Brent
04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
U WATCH UR MOUTH....the Rams will surprise!!!!!!!!!
A surprise could be both positive and negative.