PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp offers no apology

stlouisfan37
04-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Nearly a month ago Warren Sapp went out on a limb and publicly accused Jeremy Shockey of being the snitch that broke open the story of the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. At the time I will admit that I believed him. Sapp has always been an outspoken guy, but he didn't strike me as one to talk crap unless there was some substance to it.

Sapp has recently filed for bankruptcy, and evidently told the judge that he is worried that Shockey may sue him for defamation of character. It has been widely publicized that Sapp's contract with NFLN is up in August and he does not know if he will be retained.

Am I the only one that is completely surprised that Sapp did not immediately make an apology to Shockey for his comments and take full responsibility for what he said? Sapp has always made bold statements about players, but he has also always struck me as the kind of guy that would "man up" so to speak if he were to make a mistake. It comes across to me that he is in full acknowledgement of what he has done, but is not remorseful for having possibly damaged another man's playing career. Any thoughts?

bigbluedefense
04-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Warren Sapp is not a very good human being. So no, it doesn't surprise me that he won't admit he's wrong.

CDCB14
04-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Warren Sapp is the biggest ***** on TV. He's even worse than Marshal Faulk. How the NFL Network employs him baffles me. You couldn't get a defensive player who actually knows something about football and doesn't talk about "leading ants to a picnic" every 5 seconds?

Giantsfan1080
04-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I believe they already said they won't be renewing his contract and he'll be out.

TACKLE
04-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Warren Sapp is not a very good human being. So no, it doesn't surprise me that he won't admit he's wrong.

^^^^^

this.

Asteinebach
04-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Warren Sapp is the biggest ***** on TV. He's even worse than Marshal Faulk. How the NFL Network employs him baffles me. You couldn't get a defensive player who actually knows something about football and doesn't talk about "leading ants to a picnic" every 5 seconds?

Viva Rod Woodson!

jackalope
04-21-2012, 07:39 PM
If he didn't apologize for cheap-shotting Chad Clifton, I wouldn't expect an apology for this.

Ness
04-21-2012, 09:49 PM
What is worse than being wrong: trying to save face when it's clearly obvious that you aren't correct about what you are talking about.

vidae
04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Why would he? He's human garbage.

bearsfan_51
04-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Weird. I like Warren Sapp and find him entertaining.

FUNBUNCHER
04-22-2012, 12:27 AM
It's funny that they are both Hurricanes and Sapp still threw Shockey under the bus.

I don't know what kind of proof he could have had to know who snitched. I always thought he was guessing.

irishbucsfan
04-22-2012, 08:22 AM

Samesies. I'd like to see him back.

Nalej
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM

http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/files/2012/02/Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/60650/jamieduke_large.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PmvsWE1k-7w/TJ0gkGE0wRI/AAAAAAAABdM/BR5GzglfyY8/s1600/blog_shrute_fact.jpg

Saints-Tigers
04-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Where is the proof that he's wrong again?

Splat
04-22-2012, 03:38 PM

I liked him when he played but on NFLN he is awful.

killxswitch
04-22-2012, 03:41 PM
If he's worried Shockey will sue him, he's probably not apologizing for the same reason you don't say you're sorry in a car accident, even if it's your fault.

bigbluedefense
04-22-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't care for Sapp as an analyst one way or the other, I just don't like him as a person.

Great player. Indifferent opinion on him as an analyst. Turd human being.

FSPH
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't apologize to someone I don't give a **** about. I also wouldn't call someone out about something without real evidence about the situation. So unless you are a close friend or family member I could care less about apoligizing to you or even wanting an apology from someone who "owes me one".

D-Unit
04-23-2012, 02:04 PM
I thought he hit rock bottom when he became a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. This guy just finds ways to stoop lower and lower.