PDA

View Full Version : Beta Test - Game Time

Pages : [1] 2

vidae
04-21-2012, 02:44 PM
This is the game thread for the beta game I'm running. Rules can be found here (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52106) and you can PM me any questions or feedback you have on the boards or in IRC. I will listen to almost all feedback, unless it's random bitching!

The Players:

1. Comahan
2. Njx
3. IBC
4. R4L
5. Bulldogs
6. OSUGiants
7. Brodeur
8. DG
9. TACKLE
10. TBW
11. SuperMcGee
12. Deep
13. Todd
14. Mr. Goosemahn
15. Caddy
16. ATL
17. Scottyboy

Casualties:
*Wooty {Team Leader Bravo} has been killed.
*Renji {Hunter-NoTeam} has been killed.
*Dr. Gonzo {Vigilante-NoTeam} has been killed.
*Job {Protector-Team Alpha} has been killed.
*Shane {Investigator-Team Charlie} has been killed.
*Rob S {Protector-Team Charlie} has been killed.
*UKFan {Protector-Team Alpha} has been killed.

RULES CAN BE FOUND HERE

This is a beta test, point blank. It isn't going to be fancy and you're not going to be getting amazing Comahan-like writeups. It's just going to be a simple testing process where I throw the rules at you, assign the roles and teams, and have at it.

This is my first version of the game. During the creation process there was a totally different way that I could have gone about it, and I'll be testing that one out next time. Consider this to be Game A, and the other version to be Game B. That doesn't really matter at this point, but just for reference, this isn't the only version I came up with.

This will be a game based on roles seen in your typical mafia game (with a few new ones added!) but it is a whole different animal once you get past that. I'm fully aware that this could end up being a massive trainwreck, but I wanted to try something different in an attempt to do something new.

Constructive criticism regarding the gameplay is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. Random bitching is not.

---------

There are two major differences between this and a normal mafia game. First, there is NO LYNCH PHASE. This isn't based on night and day phases either, but rather RECRUITMENT and ACTION phases. Secondly, this is not a game based strictly on deduction like most mafia games. Deduction plays a part, but this game is just as much about teamwork and pure luck as it is deduction.

GAMEPLAY

When the game begins, there will be three teams of three players each. Those players will have preset abilities, with each team having the same ones. Essentially, every team begins with the same three base roles.

The first phase of the game is the RECRUITMENT phase. Those players that are not selected to be part of the base roles for each of the three teams will have a chance to be recruited by one of those teams. The three Team Leaders have been briefed as to how this phase will work. You are allowed to talk in the game thread during the recruitment phase, with those people not on teams doing their best to talk themselves into being recruited, while walking a fine line in trying not to talk yourself up so much that you're targeted for death.

Once you're recruited, your allegiance is directly tied to your new team, and your end game win condition will immediately be changed to aiding that team in securing victory. It is important to note that you might be killed BEFORE you are recruited to a team in this version of the game. It is random chance, and sending me messages bitching about not being recruited will do you no good. If you are not recruited, your sole purpose is to talk yourself onto a team.

Upon completion of the RECRUITMENT phase, you advance into the ACTION phase. This works exactly like the night phase does in your standard mafia game. Each team, as a team, will choose a single target to kill, and the Team Leader will PM me once a decision is made. Meanwhile, you will PM me your individual actions and once I have them all, I will update the thread with what has gone on, and we will go back to the RECRUITMENT phase. The RECRUITMENT phase is the only part of the game where you can openly communicate with your teammates, discussing strategy much in the way a mafia group would do during their night phase. Each team will have their own quicktopic thread for communication, and you must stick to that thread when speaking.

RULES

I. Do not PM anyone during the RECRUITMENT phase. If caught, it is an automatic modkill. This isn't a new rule.

II. When you're dead, stop posting. This isn't a new rule either.

III. If you do not send your actions to me within 24 hours of the thread being locked, you will be modkilled. I have less patience than Commie does!

IV. No editing your posts, posting in invisible text, posting in small text, or trying to be cute in any way regarding this rule. Please post normally.

V. No quoting my PMs in the game thread. You can say whatever you want to your teammates in the quicktopic thread during your ACTION phase, but quoting what is in a mod PM is a nono.

WIN CONDITIONS:

A team wins when it's members are the last remaining players in the game. A team loses when all of it's members are killed.

Extras

Seeing as how this is a beta test, and that this game is only setup for 24 players, I'll open signups but I'll ultimately be picking the people who participate. Don't be discouraged if you're not picked for this game as the next game will have six additional player slots.

* Special shout-out to Commie, who helped me refine a lot of my early thinking and role selection!

* I can also be reached on IRC almost every day, for added convenience.

*** UPDATE: It was pointed out to me that I messed up the writing of some of the early rules. To make this less confusing, if you're recruited on a team you have no restriction as to when you're allowed to talk to your team. My apologies, something I wrote incorrectly and overlooked.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 02:46 PM
We meet again Shane P. Hallam.

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 02:47 PM
First post!

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Nevermind, I failed.

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Vrooom Vrooom!! I'm rdy!!

vidae
04-21-2012, 02:56 PM
So PMing 24 people really sucks wang. It'll be a few until all the roles are sent.

TheBoyWonder22
04-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Am I town leader?!

Job Reborn
04-21-2012, 03:18 PM
So PMing 24 people really sucks wang. It'll be a few until all the roles are sent.

Yeah, you gotta wait something stupid like a minute and a half between each PMs. So the fastest you can possibly do it is 36 minutes, but you'd need some sick timing.

ImBrotherCain
04-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah, you gotta wait something stupid like a minute and a half between each PMs. So the fastest you can possibly do it is 36 minutes, but you'd need some sick timing.

I figured out an amazing way to do it... Just open multiple PMs. As long as the message is open the timer counts down or something for some reason. So if you open 24 PMs in different tabs you can type them all up and conceivably send them all at the same time.

Gay Ork Wang
04-21-2012, 03:22 PM
not if yiu are a mod job

Job Reborn
04-21-2012, 03:24 PM
I figured out an amazing way to do it... Just open multiple PMs. As long as the message is open the timer counts down or something for some reason. So if you open 24 PMs in different tabs you can type them all up and conceivably send them all at the same time.

See GOW's post for why you are wrong.

vidae
04-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Did anyone NOT receive their role? If your name is on the list and you didn't get a role, message me.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 03:42 PM
So who are the teams?

comahan
04-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I assume that if we werent told we were on a team, then we're one of the Free Agents that the team leaders recruit during the recruitment phase.

vidae
You don't know who are on the teams. The game will be starting shortly.

vidae
I assume that if we werent told we were on a team, then we're one of the Free Agents that the team leaders recruit during the recruitment phase.

One gold star for Commie!

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Somebody recruit me. I am pretty great.

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 03:46 PM
My resume speaks for itself. Recruit me.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 03:48 PM
My resume speaks for itself. Recruit me.

Let's be honest. You are a dirty cheater. Someone should kill BD at some point. Just saying.

vidae
04-21-2012, 03:48 PM
First RECRUITMENT PHASE now opened.

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Let's be honest. You are a dirty cheater. Someone should kill BD at some point. Just saying.

Alrighty then?

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm cool with the mod. So I can get y'all VIP status

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Now that this is officially open just letting all of you know I can't be killed at night. Well I can but whoever tries will die too so bring it bitches and I will send us both to hell!

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 03:52 PM
A strong move to make this early in the game.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
A strong move to make this early in the game.

It was an easy move to make. I don't want to die and I don't think other people do either so just thought I would inform the lot of you of the consequences of trying to kill me. That said, somebody recruit me, this power can be yours!

ATLDirtyBirds
04-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I'd be tops on Rivals.

Gay Ork Wang
04-21-2012, 03:57 PM
im the best at these gamrs. pick meee

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 03:59 PM
It was an easy move to make. I don't want to die and I don't think other people do either so just thought I would inform the lot of you of the consequences of trying to kill me. That said, somebody recruit me, this power can be yours!

I'm calling bs. You're making up this ability to scare people off attacking you at night.

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 04:00 PM

You sound like a cheap *****!!!

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm calling bs. You're making up this ability to scare people off attacking you at night.

I could be. My power could actually be a lot better than that. Maybe I don't have any power at all and killing me would be a waste. Maybe that actually is my power and I think people won't believe me. No way any of you can know. What you can know is that people here with big powers will once again lay low like they always do. I don't know about you guys but I want to kill them. Recruit me for my awesome power but also recruit me because I am a damn good player.

Rob S
04-21-2012, 04:03 PM
This game is going to be interesting. Recruit me if you so desire....I think everyone has some idea how I play at this point in time, so I'm not going to lobby like Gonzo.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:04 PM
This game is going to be interesting. Recruit me if you so desire....I think everyone has some idea how I play at this point in time, so I'm not going to lobby like Gonzo.

So you have a good power then. Well you are going to die early :)

Wootylicous
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Recruit me I'm a god damn frenchie!!!!

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:07 PM

Trying to deter people from recruiting you. An odd technique.

Wootylicous
04-21-2012, 04:08 PM
I may or may not be able to speak to creatures

Raiderz4Life

That's like telling NFL scouts you're in a wheelchair.

vidae

Oh god R4L with the luls today.

Wootylicous
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM

That's like telling you are a Raiders fan...oh **** wait

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM
I may or may not be able to speak to creatures

Are you ******* Hagrid again?

comahan
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Woot will set Aragog loose on the town again!

DeepThreat
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm awesome. You want me.

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 04:11 PM
So I have a question, when or how does the recruitment phase end?

Caddy
I could be. My power could actually be a lot better than that. Maybe I don't have any power at all and killing me would be a waste. Maybe that actually is my power and I think people won't believe me. No way any of you can know. What you can know is that people here with big powers will once again lay low like they always do. I don't know about you guys but I want to kill them. Recruit me for my awesome power but also recruit me because I am a damn good player.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

Dr. Gonzo
Well it's good to know I am about 100 times better than every other recruit :)

Wootylicous
04-21-2012, 04:12 PM
I may or may not be Hagrid again. I have an awesome power though!

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:14 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

One day you will win a game without my help Caddy. One day :)

Caddy
One day you will win a game without my help Caddy. One day :)

You died early in the game and were the least help. DG helped more!

Job Reborn
I have no clue what's going on, yet I'm so good at those games I should be recruited, like, yesterday.

About this little thing, I'm assuming nobody even has an alignment (i.e good or bad) yet except for the team leaders, and we will receive our alignment once we are recruited. Am I correct?

That said, I've skimmed through the rules and saw in bold something like "no lynch phase". It was the first one so I'm assuming this is what we must do.

vote : no lynch

comahan
04-21-2012, 04:15 PM
theres just no lynching at all, its all recruitment and actions.

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 04:15 PM
*proceeds to teabag Job's modkilled body*

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:16 PM
You died early in the game and were the least help. DG helped more!

We can't all say all of nothing all game and still not be thought of as suspicious. It is a power that seems to be unique to you aussies. Well that and taking all 24 hours every night to send in your night actions. I just feel good knowing that if I got my way TH would have been dead night two.

That said, I actually am the MVP of this game.

Job Reborn
04-21-2012, 04:18 PM
You were supposed to roll with it you bunch of idiots with no sense of humor. :(

Bulldogs
04-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Gonzo thinking he was the MVP of the Saiyan game (he was utterly useless) makes me believe he should not be recruited.

Dr. Gonzo
Recruit: Jvig

Let's do this Jvig, a team of two! Me and your modkilled body.

Caddy
We can't all say all of nothing all game and still not be thought of as suspicious. It is a power that seems to be unique to you aussies. Well that and taking all 24 hours every night to send in your night actions. I just feel good knowing that if I got my way TH would have been dead night two.

That said, I actually am the MVP of this game.

I have a gift. People trust me.

Wootylicous
The MVP of the two last games was DG.

Job Reborn
That said, seeing as this will probably start with 15 pages of non-sensical worthless crap spewing that won't be any useful, can somebody PM when a relevant discussion starts?

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Gonzo thinking he was the MVP of the Saiyan game (he was utterly useless) makes me believe he should not be recruited.

I said MVP of this game ************. The MVP of the DBZ game was the town.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 04:21 PM
I have a gift. People trust me.

It amazes me every time. My favorite argument in every game is 'He has been trustworthy in the past so I trust him.' Those are the guys the mafia tends to leave alive.

vidae
I have no clue what's going on, yet I'm so good at those games I should be recruited, like, yesterday.

About this little thing, I'm assuming nobody even has an alignment (i.e good or bad) yet except for the team leaders, and we will receive our alignment once we are recruited. Am I correct?

That said, I've skimmed through the rules and saw in bold something like "no lynch phase". It was the first one so I'm assuming this is what we must do.

vote : no lynch

Correct. There are no "good" or "bad" alignments here. I'm sick of how traditional Seers/Investigators work. Your alignment is based solely on what team you're on. Your goal is for your team to win.

Caddy
It amazes me every time. My favorite argument in every game is 'He has been trustworthy in the past so I trust him.' Those are the guys the mafia tends to leave alive.

Maybe you should try to be more like me! :wave:

ImBrotherCain
04-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Alright guys throwing my candidacy for recruitment. I have played in the majority of games and you guys know my track record.

Bulldogs
Vidae how does the recruitment phase end?

Raiderz4Life
Vidae how does the recruitment phase end?

I wanna know as well.

comahan
04-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Just an assumption here, but as soon as all 3 teams send in their list of recruits.

vidae
04-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Just an assumption here, but as soon as all 3 teams send in their list of recruits.

This. Once I have the three lists the RECRUITMENT phase ends and the ACTION phase begins.

I already have one list. Just waiting on the other two teams to finalize theirs and send it.

On an aside here, since you can't talk during the ACTION phase teams should use the RECRUITMENT phase to plan their actions, which should include your team kill target. Remember, this is a game based heavily on teamwork.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Pick me, pick me! You know you want a sneaky Mexican on your team!

ImBrotherCain
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
You just got blown up by a midget... That doesn't seem too positive lol.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Send in your damn lists. You know who you want.

UKfan
04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Wow I nearly missed the opportunity to sell myself, well if you want a guy who has a proven track record of lasting a long time into a game regardless of role, ability and so on, I think you can do worse than look this way. I'm not gonna sell myself solely on an ability like these other players, seems like a poor substitute for intuition.

ImBrotherCain
04-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Send in your damn lists. You know who you want.

Hang on I am not done powering up

http://images.myfavoritegames.com/gallery-db-z-gt-x/Screenshots/Movies_and_Specials/DBZ_Movie_3_v2/DragonballZ-Movie03_1227.jpg

Sorry I didn't get to do that last game :-/

Mr. Goosemahn
04-21-2012, 04:47 PM
You just got blown up by a midget... That doesn't seem too positive lol.

You're a midget.

Wootylicous
04-21-2012, 04:48 PM
You're a midget.

Hey watch your mouth!

SuperMcGee
04-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Recruit me and everyone gets laid!

UKfan
04-21-2012, 04:59 PM

Ignore this man, he plans to get you laid with Brody!

vidae
04-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Two teams have sent me their recruit list. One more and we'll move on.

UKfan
04-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Team that is left, you know you want some British charm...

http://media.sbs.com.au/films/upload_media/site_28_rand_148171451_johnny_english_627.gif

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Rowan Atkinson is the ****

UKfan
04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes, yes he is...

Todd Bertuzzi
04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
My power coul come in handy for anyone who recruits me.

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 05:13 PM
why do these always start when i'm hungover.

If you had a killer system of a younglin like me...this wouldn't be a problem

Not that it has to do with anything but just throwing it out there.

comahan
04-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Wouldnt it be rather difficult to NOT start one when youre hungover?

ATLDirtyBirds
04-21-2012, 05:17 PM
I hate it when hangovers last this late.

ImBrotherCain
Clearly NJX is proving his worth as a recruit right now :njx:

ATLDirtyBirds
Clearly NJX is proving his worth as a recruit right now :njx:

I'd take him over Gonzo.

ImBrotherCain
04-21-2012, 05:18 PM
I'd take him over Gonzo.

Well I never questioned that.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
When my team wins I am going to gloat so hard.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2012, 05:25 PM
i have zero doubt that jbond will kill you at some point, even if you're on the same team.

Not if I kill him first :)

Todd Bertuzzi
04-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Let's keep the JBond/Gonzo banter to a minimum of 10 pages a day this time.

ImBrotherCain
04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Let's keep the JBond/Gonzo banter to a minimum of 10 pages a day this time.

21 and then 25 is just too intense

Raiderz4Life
04-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Getting solar flared would suck too.

vidae
04-21-2012, 05:57 PM
** RECRUITMENT PHASE HAS ENDED **

Send in your night actions now. You have 24 hours.

vidae
04-21-2012, 06:17 PM
*** UPDATE: It was pointed out to me that I messed up the writing of some of the early rules. To make this less confusing, those people who are on teams have zero restriction as to when they are allowed to talk. They can speak to one another outside of the game during all phases. My apologies, something I wrote incorrectly and overlooked. ***

*** And for those who asked, yes, you can use your ability even if you're not on a team. It seems like most people got that, but I got a PM asking. ***

vidae
04-22-2012, 01:23 PM
*Hunter action: Dr. Gonzo {Vigilante-NoTeam} has been killed by Renji.

** RECRUITMENT PHASE OPEN **

Bulldogs
04-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh hai Mark.

SuperMcGee
04-22-2012, 01:31 PM

Bunch of prudes.

Bulldogs
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Bunch of prudes.

http://ragegenerator.com/images/ragebuilder-faces/Sad/i-know-that-feel-bro.png

UKfan
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Bunch of prudes.

You have to specify with who McGee, it could have been Brody for goodness sake!

Anyway, I didn't get picked, so pick me suckas, I live for long time!

Job Reborn
04-22-2012, 01:46 PM
*Hunter action: Dr. Gonzo {Vigilante-NoTeam} has been killed by Renji.

** RECRUITMENT PHASE OPEN **

I love that the idiot who claimed hunter got killed by that exact same role.

Brodeur
04-22-2012, 01:47 PM
So, apparently this started yesterday. And I'm lonely.

Job Reborn
04-22-2012, 01:47 PM
To the team leaders : I think you are underestimating how my brains can help you.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Who the **** was recruited?

UKfan
04-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Am guessing we don't know who got recruited, but the probably wont post in here, so the power of deduction should show us who was snatched up lol.

See team leaders, I R smart, pick me!

OSUGiants17
04-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Too bad I wasn't recruited seeing as how my ability is pretty badass

comahan
04-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Whoa, a team leader was killed night 1, thats a lucky shot lol

Also, suck it Gonzo, you and your I CANT BE KILLED AT NIGHT nonsense.

Rob S
04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Eventful day one! Sucks for team bravo.....

Brodeur
04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Who wants to recruit me? I'm pretty useful.

draftguru151
04-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I would be a very good member of a team. You should pick me. And not Brody. Definitely not Brody.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-22-2012, 02:04 PM
lynch: DG

Oh and recruit me!

Brodeur
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
I would be a very good member of a team. You should pick me. And not Brody. Definitely not Brody.

Shut up Ginger.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Recruit me, damnit! I assure you, I'll be of great help!

ImBrotherCain
04-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Seriously this is kinda crazy. Who the hell did the leaders recruit?

I'm still up for recruitment :-/ Typically pretty good at deduction.

Raiderz4Life
04-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I didn't get recruited. I has a sad panda!!

Shane P. Hallam
04-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Same, I am back in town and will be active all this week. I can likely help a team out to get a victory. I recognize being high profile sucks, but you know I will contribute and figure out who is lying!

DeepThreat
04-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Guys, I'm awesome at this game.

Shane P. Hallam
04-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I love that the idiot who claimed hunter got killed by that exact same role.

Ha, Renji is awesome.

Raiderz4Life
04-22-2012, 02:28 PM
I has a secret...I will share me secret...if you recruit me =)

Rob S
04-22-2012, 02:44 PM
My plane is taking off....won't be able to post probably till late tonight.

SuperMcGee
04-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I'll also be pretty inaccessible until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm good to check in for my AWESOME NIGHT ACTION and help my lucky team-to-be run this.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not gonna be flying or inaccessible, so pick me!

draftguru151
04-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I will be right here all of tomorrow and just got a new super fast smart phone for when I'm not at home!

vidae
04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
** Just waiting on one team and then the ACTION phase begins again. **

Brodeur
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I'll also be pretty inaccessible until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm good to check in for my AWESOME NIGHT ACTION and help my lucky team-to-be run this.

This guy is a qweeah, don't pick him.

UKfan
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM

Hypocrisy anyone?? :evil_laugh:

Shane P. Hallam
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I enjoy the make-up of this game, it will be intriguing to see which team wins and why. I imagine it will be the team that recruited me :D

ATLDirtyBirds
04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
It'll be the team that avoided Brody.

Brodeur
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
It'll be the team that avoided Brody.

No, I don't lose *****.

Raiderz4Life
04-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Don't recruit DG

UKfan
04-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Don't recruit DG

I endorse this message, vote British!

vidae
04-22-2012, 05:38 PM
** I can already see kind of a glaring flaw, which is why I changed a portion of the rules for the next time I try to run it. :D **

Caddy
04-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Why didn't I get picked :(

scottyboy
04-22-2012, 05:52 PM
vote for scotty.

i have chocolate

UKfan
04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
vote for scotty.

i have chocolate

Who wants a fatty?! Vote UK! Wait what are we doing again? :)

draftguru151
04-22-2012, 05:57 PM

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2vzmqoeFH1qhdfcvo2_500.gif

scottyboy
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM

you speak with a Boston accent?

yeah, no one pick brody ever. for anything good. ever

Raiderz4Life
04-22-2012, 06:03 PM

Coming from the guy who rapes Bears.

vidae
04-22-2012, 06:36 PM
** ACTION phase two has begun. Send in your actions pweeze! **

vidae
04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
*Job {Protector-Alpha Company} has been killed.

** RECRUITMENT PHASE is now open. **

Raiderz4Life
04-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Can't believe Ive fallen to the 3rdtown round. I was invited to the green room you turds!! =(

ATLDirtyBirds
04-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Pick me up.

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Someone recruit me I'm bored as ****.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 01:05 PM
This is ********, you can't hold down Brodeur.

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
So how is everyone doing today? You other recruits wanna get a game of basketball going?

comahan
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Im in, preferably at the 2 or 3. We got us a PG?

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
I think Vidae knows how to do some ball handling if you know what I'm saying!

(I'm saying he's a good passer)

Rob S
04-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I can be the generic white guy that can reign threes off the bench!

Bulldogs
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
I can be the generic white guy that can reign threes off the bench!

Already shotgunned that role.

scottyboy
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I'll be the hard nosed 4. Do all the dirty work, get the boards, play D, and I've got a mean hook shot.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm like a cross between Steve Nash and Jeremy Lin out there.

Dg is obviously Matt bonner.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I should be picked since I am very useful, but nooooo.

SuperMcGee
04-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Woo free time! Now if only this thread moved along, or had some decent ball players in it. You guys would have done well to recruit me.

Shane P. Hallam
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I've got Kosta Koufos ability!

ATLDirtyBirds
04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I can Ron Artest the **** out of people.

ImBrotherCain
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
I hate to say it but the recruitment process for this game is slow and kinda boring. I am sitting here waiting for an invite. Its not like I get to do much right now.

Damn it someone recruit me!

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Yea there clearly needs to be a battle royale going on during the day to get recruited!

SuperMcGee
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
#stab Brody

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
/me steals all the food

ImBrotherCain
04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
*Gather Ki for spirit bomb*

I am going to own you guys

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Over the top rope Battle Royal?

ImBrotherCain
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
You got stabbed you're already out.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 02:54 PM
You got stabbed you're already out.

I went under the middle rope, so I'm still technically in and all patched up.

ImBrotherCain
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
That seems like cheating.

SuperMcGee
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
You know you're the Drew Carey of this rumble, Brodeur.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
You know you're the Drew Carey of this rumble, Brodeur.

Please, I am the Stone Cold of this Rumble. And Stone Cold has won three Rumbles (almost four), so...

DeepThreat
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I hate you all.

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM
It was a Hunger Games reference dammit not some *** wrestling ****.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh boy, real original there Ginger. Calling wrestling ***, you are really stepping up to new grounds. What's next?

comahan
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Lets meet in the middle with a mixed tag Steel Cage match, Katniss/Peeta vs Cato/Clove. First team dead loses.

Gale can watch it from home and be sad.

vidae
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Lets meet in the middle with a mixed tag Steel Cage match, Katniss/Peeta vs Cato/Clove. First team dead loses.

Gale can watch from the grave after I kill him for being a douchebag jerkface assclown.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM

We need everyone involved, Communist.

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Oh boy, real original there Ginger. Calling wrestling ***, you are really stepping up to new grounds. What's next?

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

Rob S
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Wrestling is awesome. I side with broduer.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it?

It's definitely broke, just like the chairs you sit in.

SuperMcGee
04-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Wrestling is awesome. I side with broduer.

New team: Me, Rob, and Brodie! Maybe add Scotty to go Survivor Series on this.

ImBrotherCain
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Wow... I even get left out of the makeshift group :-/ Oh the love I feel right now.

draftguru151
04-23-2012, 03:43 PM
It's definitely broke, just like the chairs you sit in.

Was that a fat joke? 5 years late brah.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
New team: Me, Rob, and Brodie! Maybe add Scotty to go Survivor Series on this.

8h49E1CQo2s

Okay, who wants to be Edge and Christian here? I call Kurt Angle.

ImBrotherCain
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Ive met Kurt Angle. He shops at the best buy i used to work at.

Rob S
04-23-2012, 03:54 PM
8h49E1CQo2s

Okay, who wants to be Edge and Christian here? I call Kurt Angle.

Who wouldn't want to be edge? Edge is awesome. Christian is too, but still.

SuperMcGee
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
I'd totally be Christian.

I'm killing my chances of actually being recruited, aren't I?

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Nah, we can roll on as Team ECK and pretend we are our own team. We could always use a Rhyno, if someone wants to make it Team RECK...

xjXKBi28ZT8

OSUGiants17
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Wow charlie company lost someone, sounds like there is an opening that needs to be filled. I am still available.

OSUGiants17
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Nah, we can roll on as Team ECK and pretend we are our own team. We could always use a Rhyno, if someone wants to make it Team RECK...

xjXKBi28ZT8

I would so be Rhyno, Gore-ing people every night until we win

SuperMcGee
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I feel like you are all just saying you're not on a team to mislead folks, and then I get sad because I'm really not on a team.

Brodeur
04-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I feel like you are all just saying you're not on a team to mislead folks, and then I get sad because I'm really not on a team.

You're on Team ECK or RECK if OSU is useful enough, so clearly you are not alone here.

OSUGiants17
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
You're on Team ECK or RECK if OSU is useful enough, so clearly you are not alone here.

O I am plenty useful. Already found out some pretty useful information.

vidae
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
** ACTION phase has started. Please send in your actions ASAP! **

vidae
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
*Shane {Investigator-Team Charlie} has been killed.
*Rob S {Protector-Team Charlie} has been killed.
*UKFan {Protector-Team Alpha} has been killed.

** RECRUITMENT phase is now OPEN. **

Brodeur
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
And you people still refuse to ******* recruit me, goddamn I hate you people. And I should have known Rob was a traitor, so McGee is the new Edge.

scottyboy
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
i wanna be Kane.

and on a team.

Raiderz4Life
04-24-2012, 01:04 PM
The Undertaker!!

Brodeur
04-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Well you clearly can't be Kane, because he was never on Team RECK. So, you're Christian.

comahan
04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Can I be Regal? He was associated with RECK at times.

SuperMcGee
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
And you people still refuse to ******* recruit me, goddamn I hate you people. And I should have known Rob was a traitor, so McGee is the new Edge.

Woo movin up in the world! We're still doing better than most real teams.

i wanna be Kane.

and on a team.

Well you can't be Kane, but I wanted you to be a teammate, anyway. So be the new Christian!

TheBoyWonder22
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Recruit me *****.

vidae
04-24-2012, 01:46 PM
** Could those players not currently on a team please PM me. I lost my master list due to a power outage and want to check some figures. **

draftguru151
04-24-2012, 01:52 PM
*insert random wrestling reference* Kurt Angle woo!

Brody lets me a team. I have really high rebounding and shot blocking.

Brodeur
04-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Can I be Regal? He was associated with RECK at times.

Yes, you can be Regal. And DG can be.....umm.....Commissioner Foley I guess.

SuperMcGee
04-24-2012, 02:16 PM
There has to only be what, four people left unrecruited? I'll find a way to be the one person still not on a team tomorrow.

draftguru151
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Brody has to be the last pick.

SuperMcGee
04-24-2012, 02:48 PM
That was assuming every team adds one person each night, but I have no idea how recruitment works. All I know is I'm bored and have been left in a little-used thread with Brodie and DG. Team Leaders, have you no mercy?

Brodeur
04-24-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't need you people.

OSUGiants17
04-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Some people are doin a really ****** job of recruiting

Brodeur
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm throwing myself out there and trying, and these people are failing TIME AND TIME AGAIN. YOU ARE ALL FAILURES. IT IS ME, MCGEE, COMAHAN APPARENTLY, DG I GUESS, AND OSU AGAINST THE WORLD.

Raiderz4Life
04-24-2012, 04:10 PM
A team consisting of Body and DG is destined for failure.

OSUGiants17
04-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm throwing myself out there and trying, and these people are failing TIME AND TIME AGAIN. YOU ARE ALL FAILURES. IT IS ME, MCGEE, COMAHAN APPARENTLY, DG I GUESS, AND OSU AGAINST THE WORLD.

Why are commie and DG on that list over scottyboy?

vidae
04-24-2012, 06:07 PM
** Unless I've completely mishandled something here, everyone should be on a team. That was the last recruitment phase. Please send in your night actions asap! **

If I forgot to put you on a team, PM me.

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
** Hey guys, I know BB wants to run his FF game after the draft and seeing as how the draft is tomorrow, I'm going to end this game now. I've actually gotten a lot of information over the last few days as to what works and what doesn't.

I wouldn't call it a complete failure, but I've already scrapped a few roles that didn't work in this setting and I've been talking to a few people who were on teams from the start on how to improve it.

To those that weren't recruited early, I know that was boring as balls, so the next version of this game will be drastically different in that regard.

To those that got abilities that didn't necessarily work, that is on me. Especially you R4L, haha.

I wanted to thank you all for participating. If you have any particular feedback you'd like to give me (good or bad) I'd really appreciate it. Throw it in a PM or post it here.

Thanks again guys. **

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Can you post roles and night actions?

Also claim Team Alpha as honorary winners cause we were awesome and posted the most?

draftguru151
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Can't even get the final night actions SHEESH.

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Sure, gimme a bit to get the actions into something that people can easily read and I'll post it all here.

Caddy
04-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I was an absorber then a role cop! 2 roles!

Raiderz4Life
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
I was a tracker...I stalked njx...DG x2 and this go around was gonna be IBC lol I could see who ppl would target but that was all.

So like...DG targeted Caddy...that's all I could get haha

And its all good Vid, we all knew this was a test game so it was my pleasure to be your guinea pig =D.

Gay Ork Wang
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
i killed gonzo, i should be mvp

Todd Bertuzzi
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Bravo had this in the bag, ibc. One more night and you'd be dead.

Btw Vidae you should change the rule a protector can only protect the same person once. After they've protected everyone on their team they become useless.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:38 PM
How would I be dead after one more night. I wasn't even attacked once?

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Bravo had this in the bag, ibc. One more night and you'd be dead.

Btw Vidae you should change the rule a protector can only protect the same person once. After they've protected everyone on their team they become useless.

Yeah. The first version of Protector had the limitation that you couldn't protect the same person twice in a row. So you'd just have to switch it up. I wasn't sure how a lot of these roles would work when it came down to just a massive fight at the end, but a few of them, in their current state, just didn't work. I've nuked four roles and changed two others. It shouldn't be as boring or underpowered.

TheBoyWonder22
04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
How would I be dead after one more night. I wasn't even attacked once?
Rolblock, kill. Kaboom!

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
My ability allowed me to block one kill attempt on me... Its passive not active thus thwarting your Roleblock attempt.

Boom Roasted!

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:47 PM
No, even in Commies game a roleblock negates a bodyarmor. It was no different here.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Thats bologna... Roleblock shouldn't prevent passive abilities.

In that case if you Roleblock a Godfather he can be killed at night.

Off Mafia Scum
Typically, the Roleblocker only stops things the target tries to actively perform, such as Cop investigations and Doctor protection. Passive abilities, such as a Bulletproof player's kill immunity or a Mason's ability to privately talk, are not affected. More simply - if the player has to submit an action to the moderator, a Roleblocker can block it.

Gay Ork Wang
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Thats bologna... Roleblock shouldn't prevent passive abilities.
what he said

Raiderz4Life
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
IBC Boom Roasted!!! haha

Todd Bertuzzi
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Bravo was originally tbw, wooty and myself. Then Scotty killed woot and stole his role and we subsequently recruited caddy, dg and brodeur. Two role cops, 1 protector, 1 jail keep and a role blocker.

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Scotty had my favorite role.. it was just unlucky that he was recruited the first night, haha. If he was recruited he kills the current TL and takes over their team.

Raiderz4Life
04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Scotty had my favorite role.. it was just unlucky that he was recruited the first night, haha. If he was recruited he kills the current TL and takes over their team.

I liked the Doppleganger role. I really did, was surprised to see you throw it in there.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
IBC Boom Roasted!!! haha

Hey hey hey listen... Hey listen
http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/2/2c/Navi_Artwork.png
(If you don't get that you should be shot in the face with a staple gun.)

Typically, the Roleblocker only stops things the target tries to actively perform, such as Cop investigations and Doctor protection. Passive abilities, such as a Bulletproof player's kill immunity or a Mason's ability to privately talk, are not affected. More simply - if the player has to submit an action to the moderator, a Roleblocker can block it.

what he said

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
I made up three of the roles in this game. You'll see them when I get everything posted.

SuperMcGee
04-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Bravo was originally tbw, wooty and myself. Then Scotty killed woot and stole his role and we subsequently recruited caddy, dg and brodeur. Two role cops, 1 protector, 1 jail keep and a role blocker.

I discovered both of your team leaders on consecutive nights as a freelance role cop. I wasn't recruited until the very end, so I still consider my team to be me and Brodeur.

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I've seen it both ways, IBC.

Raiderz4Life
04-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I discovered both of your team leaders on consecutive nights as a freelance role cop. I wasn't recruited until the very end, so I still consider my team to be me and Brodeur.

Team was destined for failure when you said Brody.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Damn you defending your butt buddy!

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Wait, who is my buttbuddy? haha

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Wait, who is my buttbuddy? haha

Raiderz (10)

vidae
04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh, true, carry on.

SuperMcGee
04-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Itīs Abercrombie & Fitch, and no you haven't heard it both ways.

Team was destined for failure when you said Brody.

100% survival rate. Boosh!

Mr. Goosemahn
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
So...Comahan, were you a team leader?

vidae
04-25-2012, 09:08 PM
I randomed everyone at the start and the top 3 were made TLs. They were IBC, Comahan, and Wooty.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Team Alpha called Commie day one.

OSUGiants17
04-25-2012, 09:11 PM
My role was awesome. I was a doppleganger, I watched people then had their power till I watched someone else.

Mr. Goosemahn
Team Alpha called Commie day one.

Haha, indeed. Stupid commie being protected.

We tried to kill you twice, and would have succeeded this night! I think.

Bulldogs
Team Alpha would have won this thing. I'm interested to see what everybody's recruiting lists looked like and how Vidae decided who got who.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Also I think altering Bulldogs role allowing him to actually steal instead of copying someones role would be pretty freaking sweet.

Bulldogs
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
meh, alpha was overrated.

Bulldogs, IBC, Job, Goose, Uk, ATL. Not too shabby. Haha I knew IBC would recruit me too.

vidae
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
I created Doppleganger, Spellthief and Spellshield for this game. I tweaked Absorber and Usurper a bit too.

I loved Spellthief. There were so many awesome combinations that BD could have had if you guys would have gotten lucky.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
meh, alpha was overrated.

Uhh... we were deemed the All Stars.

vidae
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
I'll show you the teams as they were at the end of the game since that is easy to copy/paste. I'll have the original teams and recruitment phases soon. I have to format it for the forums first.

TEAM ALPHA

IBC Team Leader {Recruit, Bodyarmor}
Mr. Goosemahn Second in Command {Rolecop}
Bulldogs {Spellthief}
ATL {Spellshield}
SuperMcGee {Rolecop}

TEAM BRAVO

Scottyboy Team Leader {Recruit, Bodyarmor}
TBW Second in Command {Rolecop}
Todd Master of the Guard {Protector}
Caddy {Absorber - Rolecop}
DG {Roleblocker}
Brodeur {Jailkeeper}

TEAM CHARLIE

Comahan Team Leader {Recruit}
NJX Second in Command {Rolecop}
Deep {Rolestopper}
R4L {Tracker}
OSUGiants {Doppleganger}
TACKLE {Trainee - Hunter}

SuperMcGee
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Bulldogs, IBC, Job, Goose, Uk, ATL. Not too shabby. Haha I knew IBC would recruit me too.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/617/okayguy.jpg

Bulldogs
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I can't tell you how happy I was to see Gonzo not recruited.

ImBrotherCain
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Its okay McGee... Bulldogs forgot you despite saying you were one of our top targets!