PDA

View Full Version : Dunta Robinson(hows he been?)

FLORIDA PACKER
03-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey texans fans i just wanted to check on Dunta Robinson's Development thus far. The last i really heard from him was his rookie season's second half when he finally started coming on. Hows he looked the past few years?

datchapin
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
His first yr. has been his best one thus far. I mean statwise, he still remains a ferocious hitter, but teams test him more and he seems to get beat, I'm not going to say on a regular basis, but more than he should. This yr. he seemed really exasperated specially at the beginning of the season, but once the defense began to pick up so did his play. The stats don't show it, but he was beat less often, maybe 3-5 times in the second half of the season, and was usually in great positions to make plays. The other thing is that he's becoming a more vocal leader. He seems to be the voice on the defense, I mean Ryans is the top dog, but I think it's always good to have more than one leader and Robinson is filling that role nicely. Even though I may not always agree with what he says, you gotta respect Dunta's honesty.

America
03-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah Dunta has kind of regressed after his first year, he gives too much of a cushion, but usually closes fast enough to bring them down quickly. Only problem is that they catch the ball and they do it too frequently against him. He's best suited as a #2 CB IMO, and he gets lost of the deep ball a lot. But yeah, he's great in run support.