27 NE – LB Shea McClellin, Boise State
28 GB – LB Dont’a Hightower, Alabama
29 BAL - LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
30 SF – TE Coby Fleener, Stanford
31 NE – OG Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State
32 NYG – WR Rueben Randle, Louisiana State

T-RICH49
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Coples is a TERRIBLE fit in a 3-4.Poe, Barron, Kuechly or Decastro would be better picks

Finsfan79
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
different for miami, i like floyd

jCut
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Coples is a TERRIBLE fit in a 3-4.Poe, Barron, Kuechly or Decastro would be better picks

Not what I've heard, but to each his own.

Minijosh
04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
LOVE Fleener to Niners!

BallerT1215
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Ahhh....I would accept it I guess.....but damn i would be sulking on draft night...

twiz
04-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah taking Weeden in the first is not ideal at all. At this point I'm good with not drafting a QB until the 4th. Just seems like a waste of a pick when there are players with so much more potential on the board.

jCut
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM
At this point I'm good with not drafting a QB until the 4th.

Why draft a QB at all then? You already have your career backup in McCoy. Weeden at least brings competition to the position and I would bet on him beating Colt out.

twiz
04-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Why draft a QB at all then? You already have your career backup in McCoy. Weeden at least brings competition to the position and I would bet on him beating Colt out.

Don't let your disdain for McCoy jade you. There are QB's later on that can develop and won't have the pressure of a first or second round selection. Plus, Weeden won't start over McCoy right away, so it's not like you're instantly upgrading the position like you could have with Luck or RG3. So might as well wait. Time to just commit to McCoy for one more season (like it or not) and move forward.

Plus Cleveland's QB depth is bad anyway.

vidae
04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Not what I've heard, but to each his own.

Who said that Coples is a good fit in the 3-4? He's a 4-3 pass rusher. He'd be an awful 5/3 and an even worse pass rusher. No thank you.

jCut
04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Who said that Coples is a good fit in the 3-4? He's a 4-3 pass rusher. He'd be an awful 5/3 and an even worse pass rusher. No thank you.

Like I said, that is his/your opinion. I have a different one. No need to tell me I'm wrong. Plenty of people agree with me, for example, Mr. Wright compares him to Calais Campbell and I happen to agree with that assessment.

jCut
04-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Don't let your disdain for McCoy jade you. There are QB's later on that can develop and won't have the pressure of a first or second round selection. Plus, Weeden won't start over McCoy right away, so it's not like you're instantly upgrading the position like you could have with Luck or RG3. So might as well wait. Time to just commit to McCoy for one more season (like it or not) and move forward.

Plus Cleveland's QB depth is bad anyway.

I don't despise McCoy, I just see him as backup, a good one at that.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-26-2012, 01:08 AM
I hope we don't pass on Reiff

jCut
04-26-2012, 01:12 AM
I hope we don't pass on Reiff

Carimi and Reiff seem like similar players and I figured they would give Webb another shot at LT.

twiz
04-26-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't despise McCoy, I just see him as backup, a good one at that.

Well not even Weeden can instantly start over him, and Weeden's potential isn't as great as some other QB's, and yes Weeden's age is a factor.

jCut
04-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Well not even Weeden can instantly start over him, and Weeden's potential isn't as great as some other QB's, and yes Weeden's age is a factor.

Yeah, most fans aren't crazy about Weeden. I just have a sneaking suspicion that he will go a little higher than most think.

Poz51
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
10 BUF - QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

I think it is very possible if he falls to 10 and Buffalo picks at that spot.
IMO Tannehill is a better prospect than Gabbert IMO. Gabbert reportedly was in play for Buffalo at 3 last year, reportedly... I would take Tannehill over both and I think Nix/Gailey would as well. Not a popular pick, but definetly possible, Fitzy's contract is "team friendly", and Tannehill could properly develop behind him for a couple years.

killxswitch
04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
I actually think Coples might be best off as a 3-4 DE. I'm not so sure that is what KC is looking for that early though.

Babylon
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Seattle

Love the Kuechly pick but Carroll wont do it. Not his type of player.

hagy34
04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I can dig it.