PDA

View Full Version : #29

EdReedUnstoppable
03-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Ravens | Options with pick No. 29
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:18:27 -0700

Mike Preston, of the Baltimore Sun, reporting for the Sporting News, reports the Baltimore Ravens with the 29th overall pick in the draft could consider Central Michigan OT Joe Staley, Pittsburgh CB Darrelle Revis, or Arkansas CB Chris Houston.

I would like Chris Houston, but I think Staley should be the pick.

America
03-29-2007, 11:10 PM
I was about to post that, its apple c'ed and was about to be apple v'ed. I didn't think either of the CBs were gonna be there, and I doubt Staley will be there draft day. I'm worried about the Gmen and the Chiefs. Both of them definately would look long at Staley. I'm still a huge Tank Tyler fan, as we don't have a backup NT. I wouldn't mind a G, but I'd rather address that round 2. Josh Beekman is a personal favorite. Actually, either BC lineman is good in round 2, they are so solid. Anyways, this thread's about 29. Here's my realistic wishlist.

1. Tank Tyler. Need NT depth and a player for the future. Absolute manimal. His problems can be corrected. He will learn a lot from Gregg, especially since Tyler doesn't have the beastly size that other NTs like Hampton or Jamal Williams have.
2. Charles Johnson. Most people think he's too small to play DE, but Pryce is about 285-290 and is a top player at the position. Johnson was supposed to be the run stuffer to Moses' pass rush. But Johnson proved to be both. He's really strong and doesn't get pushed off the line very much at all. He's fast and can blow by tackles or move down the line laterally. Seems like a Raven's player.
3. Aaron Sears. Sears is more of a finesse player, and that could be the direction we choose to go in. He can play RT for us if Terry falters despite his lack of great height, but he would be penciled in as the RG of the future, where he should flourish.
4. Marcus McCauley. I don't like McCauley, but I believe Ryan can correct his flaws. He's got such ridiculous potential and everything you look for.
5. Tony Ugoh. Again, I don't really like him, I thought of him as a great Day 2 guy before the season, but it seems scouts fell in love with his athleticism. He's kind of a softie, but that can be fixed hopefully in the right environment. He could play RT for us and allow Terry to go back to LT when Ogden goes.

Troj2man
03-30-2007, 03:46 AM
I'm a little wary of Chris Houston. No doubt the kid has talent, but he reminds me too much of Ahmad Carroll. I think he's one of those guys that is either going to make it(be an average to above average player), or fall flat on his face like Carroll did(out of the NFL quick/low on the depth chart).

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I guess Terry is set at RT.

dcarey20
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
i really like staley and i'm liking him more and more as a raven. revis and houston would be awesome values at 29 and it would be great if one of them fell to us.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
i really like staley and i'm liking him more and more as a raven. revis and houston would be awesome values at 29 and it would be great if one of them fell to us.

Do you know who built and began driving the Joe Staley to Baltimore in rd 1 bandwagon? ....thats right E to da R to da U!!! A genious I am!!!

mikedoobie
03-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Staley is no.1 on my wishlist right now and i see him being very good followed by Revis and Houston, but as discussed it is looking like none of these guys may be ther come our pick, on that i personally like McCauley he is our prototypical corner for our Defense, an amazing jammer, physical and great in man to man and doesnt need safety help all the time. After that personally i would like to see Grubbs just because he would be BPA but i wouldnt be overly fond of the pick as G is not as much as a need right now that i would rather see Khalil and juggle Chester out to G, but he will be a better C so Grubbs would be smarter.
But every year i dont think we will get the guy i wanted and someway we do, especially with Ngata last year, Clayton, and Suggs...somehow one of these players just might drop.

ERU i think i deserve some credit on the Staley bandwagon,,im pretty sure we both did, the veterans of the board are always the best

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Do you know who built and began driving the Joe Staley to Baltimore in rd 1 bandwagon? ....thats right E to da R to da U!!! A genious I am!!!

A genius you are sir! I am officially on the Joe Staley to Baltimore in rd 1 bandwagon, and if need be I'll pump the gas when we need to make the stops.

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
ERU good call.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Staley is no.1 on my wishlist right now and i see him being very good followed by Revis and Houston, but as discussed it is looking like none of these guys may be ther come our pick, on that i personally like McCauley he is our prototypical corner for our Defense, an amazing jammer, physical and great in man to man and doesnt need safety help all the time. After that personally i would like to see Grubbs just because he would be BPA but i wouldnt be overly fond of the pick as G is not as much as a need right now that i would rather see Khalil and juggle Chester out to G, but he will be a better C so Grubbs would be smarter.
But every year i dont think we will get the guy i wanted and someway we do, especially with Ngata last year, Clayton, and Suggs...somehow one of these players just might drop.

ERU i think i deserve some credit on the Staley bandwagon,,im pretty sure we both did, the veterans of the board are always the best

Leave it to the wiley ol vets to lead the way!