PDA

View Full Version : Draft Countdown's Best Available - Day 2

Scott Wright
04-27-2012, 07:01 AM

Best Available for Day 2 of 2012 NFL Draft
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Results/Best-Day-2.php

regoob2
04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
There are a lot of good players left. Round 2 and 3 should be fun to watch.

Asteinebach
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Yes. Round two and three are going to be huge for the Lions (a strictly BPA team) this year. All this talent falling down the boards thanks to some serious reach picks in round 1. Can't wait to see what they do.

Caddy
04-27-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm excited for Round 2 and Tampa don't even have a pick there!

Halsey
04-27-2012, 07:36 AM
I really want one of these talented lineman to make it to the Falcons, but I just know there's gonna be a run on them.

Smooth Criminal
04-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Plenty of players left in round 2 I would love the Steelers to get. Trade up and get Cordy Glenn and fix the line once and for all.

Asteinebach
04-27-2012, 07:47 AM
It appears Janoris Jenkins is the hot commodity in the second round. I just read a report stating there are between 3-5 teams looking to move up to get him. I think St. Louis and Indianapolis stay put and take their guys, but I think Baltimore or Denver are candidates to drop down a few spots.

If I had to guess, the teams most interested in him would probably be Jacksonville, Carolina, New England and Detroit. But there is the outside chance that St. Louis takes him off the board right there at 33.

Abaddon
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Looking at who's left, I'm absolutely sick all over again. Why, Al? Why give up this year's 2nd round pick for a god awful tackle (Barksdale) and an injury prone scat back (Taiwan Jones)? Why, Al? Why???

Asteinebach
04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Looking at who's left, I'm absolutely sick all over again. Why, Al? Why give up this year's 2nd round pick for a god awful tackle (Barksdale) and an injury prone scat back (Taiwan Jones)? Why, Al? Why???

It's okay. He's dead now.

Abaddon
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
A year too late.

20 years too late, if we're being honest.

vidae
04-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Here is to hoping Amini falls to 44.

SuperPacker
04-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Can't believe Hill didnt get picked. Shocked!

IMO a lot of teams are going to look stupid in a few years time.

Leon Sandcastle
04-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Can't believe Hill didnt get picked. Shocked!

IMO a lot of teams are going to look stupid in a few years time.

Pretty shocked Hill didn't go in the 20's at least. Rams will definitely gobble him up.

The run on Tackles will start early in Round 2 with Glenn, Massie, Martin and Adams all coming off the board I think.

Do Ravens pull the trigger on Aminu Silatou or Courtney Upshaw or go BPA with Janoris Jenkins.

Should be another fun day.

Shane P. Hallam
04-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Pretty shocked Hill didn't go in the 20's at least. Rams will definitely gobble him up.

The run on Tackles will start early in Round 2 with Glenn, Massie, Martin and Adams all coming off the board I think.

Do Ravens pull the trigger on Aminu Silatou or Courtney Upshaw or go BPA with Janoris Jenkins.

Should be another fun day.

Don't count out Cordy to the Ravens

tjsunstein
04-27-2012, 11:28 AM
This really, really makes me wish that the draft was still a full Saturday event. I can't wait. I'm literally trying to find ways to kill time.

K Train
04-27-2012, 11:28 AM
i hope some really highly ranked super talented player who is also a perfect fit and a huge need falls to the steelers

again :-)

sgtrobo
04-27-2012, 11:31 AM
i hope some really highly ranked super talented player who is also a perfect fit and a huge need falls to the steelers

again :-)

I echo this sentiment. Still amazed that DeCastro fell to us..... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Go_Eagles77
04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm more excited about tonight than yesterday, eagles should get some good players as long as they don't try to reach for an undersized defensive end "fastball" in the 3rd round (I'm looking at you, Bryan Smith and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim)

gator3guy
04-27-2012, 11:43 AM
This really, really makes me wish that the draft was still a full Saturday event. I can't wait. I'm literally trying to find ways to kill time.

Yeah I miss the old format.

I'm more excited about tonight than yesterday, eagles should get some good players as long as they don't try to reach for an undersized defensive end "fastball" in the 3rd round (I'm looking at you, Bryan Smith and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim)

Cross your toes. This is where the Eagles have struggled for years. Rounds 2 and 3. Hopefully this is the year.

Grizzlegom
04-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Yea, I hate the new format. I don't mind three days but why Thursday, Friday Saturday? I think Friday, Saturday, and Sunday would be infinitely better.

Hurricanes25
04-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Yea, I hate the new format. I don't mind three days but why Thursday, Friday Saturday? I think Friday, Saturday, and Sunday would be infinitely better.

Better TV ratings on Thursday night.

SolidGold
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Mitchell Schwartz is my favorite day 2 guy. Plug him anywhere along the line except C.

Matthew Jones
04-27-2012, 12:34 PM

Agreed, I would much prefer Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

keylime_5
04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Stephen Hill - future Cleveland Brown :D

not a huge Hill fan, but we need a WR sooooo bad and he is the vertical threat we have been lacking and is exactly what we need if he pans out.

tjsunstein
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Stephen Hill to the Browns would almost save the Weeden pick in the first because no one would have a problem with it if Hill went 22 and Weeden in the second.

If you like to think about things like that.

Regardless of where he was picked though, I don't like Weeden in the NFL.

SuperPacker
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Stephen Hill to the Browns would almost save the Weeden pick in the first because no one would have a problem with it if Hill went 22 and Weeden in the second.

nice thinking. doubt stephen hill will make it to the browns though. or maybe im just completely in love with him, cus i was sure he was going to go top 20 yesterday.

Go_Eagles77
04-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah I miss the old format.

Cross your toes. This is where the Eagles have struggled for years. Rounds 2 and 3. Hopefully this is the year.

3 is a bad round for us, yes, but we did get DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy and Nate Allen in the 2nd in recent years.

Asteinebach
04-27-2012, 01:44 PM
LOL at Jamie Dukes on NFLN, talking about how "soft" Chandler Jones looks. Talk about your pot calling the kettle black.

SolidGold
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't see how Dukes still has a job.

Asteinebach
04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Getting back on topic though, I think by hook or by crook (trade), Hill is the 1st player off the board tonight. I really thought he even had the potential to be a top 10 pick to Jacksonville. Obviously, they moved up and got a guy the coveted a bit more, but he's still a great NFL talent. Not just a workout warrior, he's got the tools and technique to be a success in the NFL.

gator3guy
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
3 is a bad round for us, yes, but we did get DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy and Nate Allen in the 2nd in recent years.

Yeah. Jury is still out on Nate Allen. Jackson was a no brainer. McCoy was a good pick obviously.

I was thinking back a few years.

Laws
Abiamiri
Justice
Brown
Matt McCoy (ugh)
LJ Smith

Docta
04-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Hill is a major project, and would have collapsed if a dysfunctional team picked him. I think some teams would rather just take someone like Streeter. Less risk, pretty much the same ceiling.