PDA

View Full Version : QB's

BoiseSt39
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Who still needs them, and when do these guys go?

Cousins
Osweiler
Foles
Wilson

SuperPacker
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Kellen Moore should go undrafted IMO.

BoiseSt39
04-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Did I say anything about Moore?

Hurricanes25
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Kansas City maybe?

A lot of mocks had Philly taking either Cousins or Weeden in the 2nd round so they might grab a QB too.

SolidGold
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Osweiler - Broncos 2nd
Cousins - Ravens 4th
Wilson - Panthers 4th
Coleman - Packers 6th
Foles - Steelers 6th

Grizzlegom
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I think Denver takes either Cousins or Osweiler today. I've always thought Philly would go Russell Wilson in the 4th but they don't have a 4th anymore haha. Kansas City, Buffalo, and Seattle are all options I suppose. I also think Green Bay will take one at some point.

SuperPacker
04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Did I say anything about Moore?

:coolface:

descendency
04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I hoped NE would get a few extra picks this year and take Cousins, but I doubt anyone is interested in Brian Hoyer so a 4th QB is probably not a great move. And we traded up a bunch.

Cousins is a lot better than many evaluated him as. I think Scott's board (is it old?) has Cousins as the #4 QB, in spite of where most others have him. I do too... but I have him a lot higher on the board overall...

SolidGold
04-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I hoped NE would get a few extra picks this year and take Cousins, but I doubt anyone is interested in Brian Hoyer so a 4th QB is probably not a great move. And we traded up a bunch.

Cousins is a lot better than many evaluated him as. I think Scott's board (is it old?) has Cousins as the #4 QB, in spite of where most others have him. I do too... but I have him a lot higher on the board overall...

I like Cousins too. I think he is worth a third round pick but was just taking a shot in the dark as to where he may be projected. After last night it's like why bother with predictions...lol.

Colt McCoy is a new wrinkle that may or may not affect the remaining QBs on the board.

vidae
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm not a fan of Cousins personally, but if he were available in the third and we took him I'd be meh on it but I wouldn't hate it.

tjsunstein
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Green Bay grab a QB today in round 3.

Master Exploder
04-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Russell Wilson to G.B. seems like a good fit, imo.

Iamcanadian
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Cousins is strictly a career backup, Osweiler has some starting potential, Foles is intriguing but needs a lot of work and Wilson is at best a career backup.
Hence Osweiler will likely go round 2 or 3, Cousins round 3 and the other 2 in round 4 or 5.

tjsunstein
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Russell Wilson to G.B. seems like a good fit, imo.
What Green Bay does is contigent on how these McCoy rumors play out. Obviously Green Bay is going to take a QB in the draft if they can't get McCoy but when and where is the ultimate question. I'd rather get McCoy for a 6th than Wilson for a 4th or 5th and continue to build up our depth along the lines and secondary. Graham Harrell is capable of beating out McCoy and any QB they draft.

BoiseSt39
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Osweiler to Denver
Wilson to Seattle

Surprised to see Cousins still there.

WCH
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
It's moot now, but GB wouldn't take Wilson. They're one of the teams that have approximate size requirements for players. They won't even draft 5'10" CBs, so I might die of shock if the current regime drafts a 5'10" QB.

I thought Cousins would be off the board by now.

What Green Bay does is contigent on how these McCoy rumors play out. Obviously Green Bay is going to take a QB in the draft if they can't get McCoy but when and where is the ultimate question. I'd rather get McCoy for a 6th than Wilson for a 4th or 5th and continue to build up our depth along the lines and secondary. Graham Harrell is capable of beating out McCoy and any QB they draft.

I don't think that Harrell would beat out McCoy. I don't think Harrell is very good, personally. He probably would probably beat out anybody they draft, though. MM's system has a 1-2 year learning curve for QBs, so Harrell has a huge head start on anybody that they draft. McCoy would have the advantage of already having worked in and NFL WCO.

onejayhawk
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Osweiler to Denver
Wilson to Seattle

Surprised to see Cousins still there.

Cousins has back up written all over him. So far we have guys that have a good chance to be long time starters. Osweiler because he has the physical tools. Wilson because he has everything but one thing.

J

BoiseSt39
04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Foles to Philly.

Who's left:
Cousins
Coleman
Lindley
Moore (SuperPacker's favorite)
Keenum
Kinne
Corp

WCH
04-28-2012, 07:38 AM
I think that Foles would have been a first round pick 20 years ago. Good gawd does that guy lack foot quickness. I'm surprised that a WCO team would take him.