PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially abstaining from QB talk with the Ravens

BigDawg819
03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm tired of all the Boller bashing and even more enraged by the people who say they love Kyle but don't have faith in him as a starter which is bashing you uneducated amoebas! This is typical of why people hate Baltimore and their fans because generally Baltimore fans are on par with Philly fans just without the violence. I'm tired of the Troy Smith projections because he is another Kordell Stewart in the making and if we take him I can't wait to bust out the "I told you so's" when it fails miserably! When McNair again costs us a shot at the Super Bowl I will once again point out his flaws and laugh just as I did at the game against the Colts. I tired of being one of the minority that believes in Boller as the future of the franchise and I'm tired of trying to get Ravens fans to believe in a true Raven as opposed to a retread we traded for. This is no different to the idiots that bash Samari Rolle because they show there lack of knowledge of the game and a lack of true support for their team. With this I resign from the QB discussion of the Baltimore Ravens.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-30-2007, 01:03 AM
I aint talking bout Baltimore QBs either dude other than whats in my signature I have nothing else to say.

niel89
03-30-2007, 03:11 AM
McNair is the best thing ever to happen to the ravens. EVER!!!!! right behind good ol clarence.....

Troj2man
03-30-2007, 03:34 AM
McNair is the best thing ever to happen to the ravens. EVER!!!!! right behind good ol clarence.....

I wouldn't say he's the best thing to ever happen to the Ravens. He certainly is very close to being one of the best things to happen to Raven football. The guy brought instant credibility to the anemic Ravens offense. Without him this team doesn't sniff the playoffs. His numbers may have been down, but he brought the leadership on offense that this team has never had.

BigDawg, you contradicted yourself big time with your post. You get on people for showing their lack of true support for their team, and yet you bash the starting QB of your team. Aren't you in fact doing the same thing that you're claiming Boller supporters are not, which is truly supporting the team?

Honestly I don't really know what your deal is. Why can't you accept differeing opinions? We're all Ravens fans here, we just have different opinions on different players. That doesn't make either of us a bad fan. You think Boller is the future of this team, and I respect your views. I think he has no future with the Ravens, and all you can do is call me names. There's really no need to get so worked up about it. Disagree with me all you want, but at least respect my side of the debate. After all, we're all Ravens fans here. We all want the same thing, and that is for our team to win it all!

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't say he's the best thing to ever happen to the Ravens. He certainly is very close to being one of the best things to happen to Raven football. The guy brought instant credibility to the anemic Ravens offense. Without him this team doesn't sniff the playoffs. His numbers may have been down, but he brought the leadership on offense that this team has never had.

BigDawg, you contradicted yourself big time with your post. You get on people for showing their lack of true support for their team, and yet you bash the starting QB of your team. Aren't you in fact doing the same thing that you're claiming Boller supporters are not, which is truly supporting the team?

Honestly I don't really know what your deal is. Why can't you accept differeing opinions? We're all Ravens fans here, we just have different opinions on different players. That doesn't make either of us a bad fan. You think Boller is the future of this team, and I respect your views. I think he has no future with the Ravens, and all you can do is call me names. There's really no need to get so worked up about it. Disagree with me all you want, but at least respect my side of the debate. After all, we're all Ravens fans here. We all want the same thing, and that is for our team to win it all!

I wish I could make a post half as good as this.

dcarey20
03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
i honestly have no idea how to respond to this. get mcnair out of here? are you serious?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-30-2007, 03:42 PM
i honestly have no idea how to respond to this. get mcnair out of here? are you serious?

Dead serious!

guess Im not done talking bout QBs hehe

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Even with the comments that have been replied here, I'm sticking by my guns and not commenting on the QB position. Any other position is fine, but not that one. Of course one thing has occurred to me, if McNair was so great why did the Titans kick him out of their facilities and let this great player go for only a 4th round pick?

niel89
03-30-2007, 04:14 PM
im just messing with you:D i think who ever gives us the best chance to win should start.

also MCNAIR FTW. Boller is OVERRATED and NEVER will start for any team ever again. NEVER!!!

:D

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 04:15 PM
im just messing with you:D i think who ever gives us the best chance to win should start.

also MCNAIR FTW. Boller is OVERRATED and NEVER will start for any team ever again. NEVER!!!

:D

Am I really supposed to believe a man who has a TALL sig? ;)

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Even with the comments that have been replied here, I'm sticking by my guns and not commenting on the QB position. Any other position is fine, but not that one. Of course one thing has occurred to me, if McNair was so great why did the Titans kick him out of their facilities and let this great player go for only a 4th round pick?

If Kyle Boller was/ was going to be so good why did we dump him for a washed up 33 year old QB?

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 04:21 PM
If Kyle Boller was/ was going to be so good why did we dump him for a washed up 33 year old QB?

Because of idiot fans that cheer when he gets hurt on a primetime game?

niel89
03-30-2007, 04:24 PM
boller:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2003-10/9873788.jpg
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/FELNPLJPCKHH/082005-kearse.jpg
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20051121pd_fbn_boller_posthitPJ_450.jpg
http://www.themightymjd.com/uploaded_images/boller-745512.jpg

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Because of idiot fans that cheer when he gets hurt on a primetime game?

OK, but why should the FO change the QB position, arguably the most important position. Maybe because Boller wasn't working out and we needed a change.

I hope McNair can lead Boller in the right direction but I dont see it happening.

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 04:31 PM
boller:

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20051121pd_fbn_boller_posthitPJ_450.jpg
http://www.themightymjd.com/uploaded_images/boller-745512.jpg

Here is a better view on the last one.

http://www.deadspin.com/images/2006/06/bollerdrunkyeah.jpg

looks like we found ERU and BigDawg parting with Kyle Boller.I guess that is ERU on the left. :)

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 04:33 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/gwnbk-57i679lossifkgd62868.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/15075320.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/boller_reid.jpg

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 04:36 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/inside2-2005-08-10-boller.jpg

Now that's the look of the QB that will win you ball games:

Calm
Cool
Collective
Able to throw the ball more then 20 yards!

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh and here's a great pic of your boy Steve McNair that we all should be proud of:

http://www.mugshots.com/IMAGES/P__mcnairmug1.jpg

And why was this pic taken you ask:

"NFL quarterback Steven McNair of the Tennessee Titans was arrested in 2003 on charges of driving under the influence and illegal possession of a handgun that was found in his SUV. The gun was registered, but Police seized it because an intoxicated person is prohibited from carrying a loaded pistol."

So I guess we lost the Colt game because Stevie fell off the wagon again I take it........

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 04:56 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/gwnbk-57i679lossifkgd62868.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/15075320.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/boller_reid.jpg

Picture #1 is against the GB Packers. Enough said

Picture #2, he held that ball when Stover hit the FG.

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Picture #1 is against the GB Packers. Enough said

Picture #2, he held that ball when Stover hit the FG.

What's the common thread.............THATS RIGHT WINS BABY!

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
What's the common thread.............THATS RIGHT WINS BABY!

Picture #1 was a meaningless game against a team that had the 5th overall pick.

But if you want to talk about wins then check this link out

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ravindex.htm

do you mind telling me who QB was of the 2006 season. It is to the right of the head coach

cardsalltheway
03-30-2007, 05:36 PM
I love how you say you're gonna abstain from talking about the QB situation and then go on to talk about it later in the thread.

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Picture #1 was a meaningless game against a team that had the 5th overall pick.

But if you want to talk about wins then check this link out

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ravindex.htm

do you mind telling me who QB was of the 2006 season. It is to the right of the head coach

So? Kyle has one divisional titles as well, your point? The thing that worries me isn't the QB as much as the fact that the past 2 playoff games we have played have been at home and we haven't won either!

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I love how you say you're gonna abstain from talking about the QB situation and then go on to talk about it later in the thread.

I love how your not a Ravens fan and yet you interject yourself in a conversation you have no bearing in.

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
So? OK McNair, in his first year in the system led us to the best record we ever had.

cardsalltheway
03-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I love how your not a Ravens fan and yet you interject yourself in a conversation you have no bearing in.

Anybody is allowed to post in team discussions, regardless of if they're a fan of that team.

cardsalltheway
03-30-2007, 06:00 PM
So? OK McNair, in his first year in the system led us to the best record we ever had.

While Boller could only get 10 wins with a 2,000 yard back.

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 06:01 PM

Yup it was all Steve McNair it had nothing to do with the #1 ranked defense, or Matt Stover having the best season in the NFL for a kicker, or Coach Billick taking over as the offensive coordinator, it was all Steve McNair.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-30-2007, 06:03 PM
While Boller could only get 10 wins with a 2,000 yard back.

Actually the year Jamal had 2,000 Anthony Wright started some games that year because Kyle's pathetic OL let him get killed.

cardsalltheway
03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Actually the year Jamal had 2,000 Anthony Wright started some games that year because Kyle's pathetic OL let him get killed.

And he was 5-2 in comparison to Boller's 5-4.

BigDawg819
03-30-2007, 06:07 PM

Yup it took 2 offensive line coaches to help the line last year, another example of how the organization didn't properly support Kyle and everyone blames him.

Ravens1991
03-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Yup it was all Steve McNair it had nothing to do with the #1 ranked defense, or Matt Stover having the best season in the NFL for a kicker, or Coach Billick taking over as the offensive coordinator, it was all Steve McNair.

Boller has always had a top defense and a running game a ton better then what McNair had this year.

Troj2man
03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Boller has always had a top defense and a running game a ton better then what McNair had this year.

That's a great point. Kyle has always had a very good running game. Jamal was a beast for 2 years that Kyle started, and the third year it was a combo of Jamal and Chester.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 12:12 PM

Yes but what you are either failing to realize or just plain ignoring is the fact that the offensive line was horrible at pass protection during that time and the running game that you refer to "top" was when Jamal ran for over 2,000 yards and that was because the aforementioned line could only run block. And as for McNair, he had the top ranked defense in the NFL and blew it! No other defense could hold the Colts without a touchdown except for the Ravens and Steve "I Choke in the Big One" McNair couldn't move the offense to save his life. That pick at the goalline should be reason enough to bench him permanently, only a moron tries to thread it into double coverage when you have DWill WIDE OPEN in the left corner of the endzone. Kyle would have hit DWill with the fade no doubt, its his favorite play in the red zone.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 12:13 PM

And as for you Mr. Clarence Moore's #1 fan, the only chance he has to be successful is with Kyle Boller at the helm. Kyle is and has been the only QB to utilize the diamond in the rough Clarence Moore!

Ravens1991
03-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes but what you are either failing to realize or just plain ignoring is the fact that the offensive line was horrible at pass protection during that time and the running game that you refer to "top" was when Jamal ran for over 2,000 yards and that was because the aforementioned line could only run block. And as for McNair, he had the top ranked defense in the NFL and blew it! No other defense could hold the Colts without a touchdown except for the Ravens and Steve "I Choke in the Big One" McNair couldn't move the offense to save his life. That pick at the goalline should be reason enough to bench him permanently, only a moron tries to thread it into double coverage when you have DWill WIDE OPEN in the left corner of the endzone. Kyle would have hit DWill with the fade no doubt, its his favorite play in the red zone.

Have you ever seen Boller play football? Boller tries to make un needed plays forcing it into double coverage a lot during his career.

OK but would Kyle have gotten us to the red zone. probably not.

I will admit he hasnt had the best pass blocking offensive line.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Have you ever seen Boller play football? Boller tries to make un needed plays forcing it into double coverage a lot during his career.

OK but would Kyle have gotten us to the red zone. probably not.

I will admit he hasnt had the best pass blocking offensive line.

Yes I have seen him play football and yes I have seen him force it into double coverage. I also realize that is why he drew comparisons to Brett Favre when he was coming out because of his tendency to force passes and yet has the arm strength to do it.

And how can you actually say Kyle wouldn't have marched the team down the field to the red zone? Did you actually see him play this year? He almost led us to victory against the Panthers after the prima dona McNair had a headache :D, and then did lead us to victory against the Browns. Kyle has the moxy and leadership capacity to lead this team, I will admit that bringing in McNair to teach him that was a good thing and has worked. But now its time for the old man to step back as the backup and let the young gun take over.

And by the way, Kyle has never had the opportunity to play in a playoff game, maybe if the offensive line wouldn't have gotten him injured for the entire year or if the old man would have said let him give it a shot because I'm obviously not gettting the job done.

Ravens1991
03-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes I have seen him play football and yes I have seen him force it into double coverage. I also realize that is why he drew comparisons to Brett Favre when he was coming out because of his tendency to force passes and yet has the arm strength to do it.

And how can you actually say Kyle wouldn't have marched the team down the field to the red zone? Did you actually see him play this year? He almost led us to victory against the Panthers after the prima dona McNair had a headache :D, and then did lead us to victory against the Browns. Kyle has the moxy and leadership capacity to lead this team, I will admit that bringing in McNair to teach him that was a good thing and has worked. But now its time for the old man to step back as the backup and let the young gun take over.

And by the way, Kyle has never had the opportunity to play in a playoff game, maybe if the offensive line wouldn't have gotten him injured for the entire year or if the old man would have said let him give it a shot because I'm obviously not gettting the job done.

one of those tipped pass TD were lucky, the one were Clayton took it like 70 yards. Also we were in Panthers territory, almost in FG range when Boller forced it and it got picked off. If we would have gotten a FG we would have won the game.

But I think we should have a open QB battle in training camp, to put some fire under each QB butt so each QB improves and works hard and hopefully the QB can advance us to the superbowl

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 01:08 PM
one of those tipped pass TD were lucky, the one were Clayton took it like 70 yards. Also we were in Panthers territory, almost in FG range when Boller forced it and it got picked off. If we would have gotten a FG we would have won the game.

Why did I have a feeling you would bring that up and yet conveniently leave out the bomb to Steve Smith that really cost us the game due to blown coverage. That's why we lost and not Kyle, not to mention the fact that the Panthers were forcing us to pass because the running game was being stuffed.

Ravens1991
03-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Why did I have a feeling you would bring that up and yet conveniently leave out the bomb to Steve Smith that really cost us the game due to blown coverage. That's why we lost and not Kyle, not to mention the fact that the Panthers were forcing us to pass because the running game was being stuffed.

The run game was doing alright, Jamal averaged 4.6 YPC his second highest all season, he only got the ball 9 times not enough for his style.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 01:17 PM
The run game was doing alright, Jamal averaged 4.6 YPC his second highest all season, he only got the ball 9 times not enough for his style.

His style! I think his ballerina style pissed off enough people.

Ravens1991
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
W/E but he still had his second highest YPC this season.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 01:43 PM
W/E but he still had his second highest YPC this season.

I refuse to talk about a traitor who defects to the Browns nor shall I use his accomplishments to either defend nor support current Ravens. Damn those Browns and Damn any Brown who was a Raven even more so!

America
03-31-2007, 05:37 PM

He had an absolutely huge roster bonus due, so he had to restructure or go. He wouldn't restructure so he went. They wouldn't let him workout in case he got hurt there, because then he'd be entitled to a significant amount of the money because it was on their turf.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 06:28 PM
He had an absolutely huge roster bonus due, so he had to restructure or go. He wouldn't restructure so he went. They wouldn't let him workout in case he got hurt there, because then he'd be entitled to a significant amount of the money because it was on their turf.

I'm tired of that excuse and quite frankly McNair should have stuck by his guns about not restructuring. The Titans gave him that contract and knew the ramifications and waited to the last minute to do anything so its their own damn fault!

jkpigskin
03-31-2007, 08:47 PM
ive been abstaining from qb talk ever since the season ended

America
03-31-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm tired of that excuse and quite frankly McNair should have stuck by his guns about not restructuring. The Titans gave him that contract and knew the ramifications and waited to the last minute to do anything so its their own damn fault!

You asked "if McNair was so great why did the Titans kick him out of their facilities and let this great player go for only a 4th round pick?" McNair did stick by his guns about not restructuring. That's why he's no longer a Titan. It was a bad contract negotiation. They loved him in Tennessee. Yeah it's their fault they lost him. I really have no idea what point you are trying to make.

cunningham06
03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I find this whole thread ironic since you are all discussing Kyle Boller. He's got amazing arm strength, but mentally he's a complete basket-case when it comes to football. Honestly who accidentally knees the ball and fumbles in the middle of a run? He's got the skills but I doubt he will ever piece it together and be a solid quarterback in the NFL.

Troj2man
04-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I find this whole thread ironic since you are all discussing Kyle Boller. He's got amazing arm strength, but mentally he's a complete basket-case when it comes to football. Honestly who accidentally knees the ball and fumbles in the middle of a run? He's got the skills but I doubt he will ever piece it together and be a solid quarterback in the NFL.

You're absolutely right. He has all the physical tools you look for in a QB, but mentally he has everything you don't want in a QB. He panics way too much, and makes some of the worst throws I have ever seen. You see this in a lot of NFL QB's. They have all the physical tools, but somehow can't manage to get the mental part of it together.

I would love to see Kyle prove all us doubters wrong, but at this point I think it would take a miracle.

TheChampIsHere
04-01-2007, 01:18 AM

Because they knew he was old and dealing with injuries and he had a huge roster bonus due that they never did pay him and they had picked Vince Young so they didnt need McNair anymore. Hes still a great fit for Baltimore though. Maybe Boller will become a good QB with time, but McNair has an MVP, many great seasons and playoffs wins under his belt. What has Boller ever done? Dont hate on Mac9.

Raven Domination
04-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Because the McNair era is over in Tennessee that's why. You've never heard of players doing bad on one team and going somewhere else and succeeding? McNair didn't have the help in Tennessee that he needed to excell, Vince Young is now the future of that team.

As far as you not commenting on QB's...fine, so be it. Unless you're related to Boller, I will never understand this blind, almost zealous support for ONE player that some Ravens fans have shown for Kyle Boller. I wish he would play better too, don't you think I'd rather have a franchise QB than having to keep bringing in new players? Fact is, we don't right now...and I GURANTEEE you we draft a QB in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Raven Domination
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM

That's why he only rushed for 1100-something last season and not 1300. Jamal Lewis is still a 1300 yard back IMHO...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-01-2007, 05:52 PM
That's why he only rushed for 1100-something last season and not 1300. Jamal Lewis is still a 1300 yard back IMHO...

Jamal has plenty left in the tank, he has more in his tank then McGahee has and we should have either traded for Thomas Jones or re-signed Jamal.

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
There are so many things I could reply to in this topic, but I'll just make it simple and ponder what BigDawg is gonna do when Boller is released next year. He might get a shot at the start, but I highly doubt it, and I think the Ravens will start to look in another direction next year, pending we don't draft anyone with actual pro potential.

But yeah, when Boller changes teams, will you Bollernuts defect? There was much to celebrate from last season and the fact that you guys are bitching because McNair made one silly mistake in a playoff game vs. THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS is just lame. I think it's time to let Boller go. He had his chance, and we had so much confidence in him as fans, but it's best for us if he goes elsewhere. Lord knows it's dividing the fans of our city enough as it is already.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 05:39 PM
There are so many things I could reply to in this topic, but I'll just make it simple and ponder what BigDawg is gonna do when Boller is released next year. He might get a shot at the start, but I highly doubt it, and I think the Ravens will start to look in another direction next year, pending we don't draft anyone with actual pro potential.

But yeah, when Boller changes teams, will you Bollernuts defect? There was much to celebrate from last season and the fact that you guys are bitching because McNair made one silly mistake in a playoff game vs. THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS is just lame. I think it's time to let Boller go. He had his chance, and we had so much confidence in him as fans, but it's best for us if he goes elsewhere. Lord knows it's dividing the fans of our city enough as it is already.

sure he had alot of chances.... were they fair? no, look im not here to bash you just because you have a low post count and give you negative rep just because we dont agree. I just want to discuss football and the baltimore ravens. anyway, Boller had many chances but he never got to learn behind a expirence veteran QB like McNair. He was just thrown into the starting lineup. Now he has learned behind a veteran, played NFL defences and has enough exprience and skill to overtake mcnair.

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
sure he had alot of chances.... were they fair? no, look im not here to bash you just because you have a low post count and give you negative rep just because we dont agree. I just want to discuss football and the baltimore ravens. anyway, Boller had many chances but he never got to learn behind a expirence veteran QB like McNair. He was just thrown into the starting lineup. Now he has learned behind a veteran, played NFL defences and has enough exprience and skill to overtake mcnair.

It's all cool man, I know a lot of people on here are capable of valid discussion, I wouldn't have joined otherwise.

I think that our franchise doesn't really DEPEND on a franchise QB, at least not now. So does Boller have to be perfect? No. He just has to be relatively consistent. As well as durable. Two concerns of the past. I think that given an opportunity, he might be legit. I just would hate to have the burden of an injured Boller, and a not so reliable backup. I think that Boller showed signs of consistency, but it's far from a done deal. I'm going to pay a lot of attention to the pre-season, as well as any chances Kyle Boller gets.

But Billick and Co. have made it clear. At least next season, McNair is our man(and he should be -- let's not be fools and debate that), but they are also EXTREMELY high on Boller. Like more confident than I am, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were re-signed, but it's far from clear at this point if that's going to happen.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
It's all cool man, I know a lot of people on here are capable of valid discussion, I wouldn't have joined otherwise.

I think that our franchise doesn't really DEPEND on a franchise QB, at least not now. So does Boller have to be perfect? No. He just has to be relatively consistent. As well as durable. Two concerns of the past. I think that given an opportunity, he might be legit. I just would hate to have the burden of an injured Boller, and a not so reliable backup. I think that Boller showed signs of consistency, but it's far from a done deal. I'm going to pay a lot of attention to the pre-season, as well as any chances Kyle Boller gets.

But Billick and Co. have made it clear. At least next season, McNair is our man(and he should be -- let's not be fools and debate that), but they are also EXTREMELY high on Boller. Like more confident than I am, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were re-signed, but it's far from clear at this point if that's going to happen.

those are the greatest words you have typed on this forum and I 100% agree with that. Our offense is run balanced and all our QB has to do is make smart throws and not turn the ball over. You have a point but if you dont want Kyle Boller who do you want?

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Are you kidding with the "lets not be fools and debate that" garbage? This is a discussion forum and we discuss football and QB play is something that is a hot button in this team forum. You make fun of the Boller supporters for their blind faith in him yet you are the polar opposite in your blind faith in Steve McNair. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Are you kidding with the "lets not be fools and debate that" garbage? This is a discussion forum and we discuss football and QB play is something that is a hot button in this team forum. You make fun of the Boller supporters for their blind faith in him yet you are the polar opposite in your blind faith in Steve McNair. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....

When did he make fun of Boller supporters? and when did he say he had faith in Mcnair? all he said was "mcnair will be the starter going into next year " which is true and we should not debate that. The bottom line is that Boller deserves another chance and I think everyone agrees with that, so why agrue so much?

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 06:03 PM

So you don't think McNair should be the starter? I don't have "blind faith", a 60 percent completion rating and decent numbers as well as the support of the entire offense, as well as a booster to the entire CONFIDENCE of the whole team is not "blind faith'. It's the facts.

Do you WANT our franchise to lose? I'm sorry, I want to get behind Boller, but we have McNair. At least til the season begins, and McNair might **** things up, this is how I view things. And I'm pretty sure the entire Ravens front office will agree with me on that. Hell, why doesn't the Colts just let Jim Sorgi play next year, because he deserves a chance! Heaven FORBID we have a consistent QB, albeit getting up there in age.

You're entitled to your opinion and all, but at least make a valid argument here. I don't think the way you've been acting exactly "helps" your views.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 06:11 PM
So you don't think McNair should be the starter? I don't have "blind faith", a 60 percent completion rating and decent numbers as well as the support of the entire offense, as well as a booster to the entire CONFIDENCE of the whole team is not "blind faith'. It's the facts.

Do you WANT our franchise to lose? I'm sorry, I want to get behind Boller, but we have McNair. At least til the season begins, and McNair might **** things up, this is how I view things. And I'm pretty sure the entire Ravens front office will agree with me on that. Hell, why doesn't the Colts just let Jim Sorgi play next year, because he deserves a chance! Heaven FORBID we have a consistent QB, albeit getting up there in age.

You're entitled to your opinion and all, but at least make a valid argument here. I don't think the way you've been acting exactly "helps" your views.

Junior I've told you before to actually read the past posts in this thread and that shows the facts. I've argued my side very well in the past and I'm not going to rehash it because you are unwilling to read the old posts. And when exactly did you become the authority that decides whose arguments are valid or not. Your Sorgi example is ridiculous on its face considering there is no controversy in Indy at the QB position. Why not quote the prior controversy in Atlanta with Schaub and Vick, an example where the fans were dividing over which QB should be starting? You didn't because you're trying to act as though your superior in your views, well your not and your so-called "valid" argument is bs!

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Junior I've told you before to actually read the past posts in this thread and that shows the facts. I've argued my side very well in the past and I'm not going to rehash it because you are unwilling to read the old posts. And when exactly did you become the authority that decides whose arguments are valid or not. Your Sorgi example is ridiculous on its face considering there is no controversy in Indy at the QB position. Why not quote the prior controversy in Atlanta with Schaub and Vick, an example where the fans were dividing over which QB should be starting? You didn't because you're trying to act as though your superior in your views, well your not and your so-called "valid" argument is bs!

You don't have jack **** in an argument either. You're argument, to me, is "McNair sucks(not true), Boller has a winning record(true, but with a defense like ours, are you shocked?), and that he's young(also true, but he won't be young forever)"

And I hate to tell you this, it might disappoint you, but I'm pretty sure there's not going to be any controversy at QB in Baltimore(Because most fans, believe it or not, are behind McNair). So my example(which I'll admit is a bad one seeing as Manning and McNair are on two different levels at this point. Manning is one of the best ever, McNair won't go down as such.) does hold some validity. And I'm not going to quote the Vick/Schaub controversey, because Matt Schaub has never been a starter in the league. Boller has! There's a huge difference. Not to mention Vick is a HELL of a lot more inconsistent than McNair and has always been so.

And seriously dude, enough with the "Junior" BS. Because you're still coming off like an elitist prick. Also making my argument sound inferior to yours isn't helping things either.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm done with you and your moronic tirades. My argument for Boller has been posted time and time again in these threads and you are just too damn lazy it seems to read them and educate yourself. As for fans supporting McNair thats all fine and good, everyone is entitled to support the player of their choice. I myself was in favor of bringing him in for last season to mentor Kyle Boller and now that he's done that its time for the old man to step aside. Not too mention that you actually think that your Sorgi deserves a chance argument just shows your views on the QB position are obviously flawed to say the least. The problem is you come in here and start running your mouth and when someone calls you out you get all uppity and start crying like a little girl. All of us experienced posters have beaten the McNair vs. Boller argument into the ground and you just refuse to read the old posts so you want to bring it back to the forefront. And if you think calling me an elitist prick is winning you brownie points with anyone well kudos to you. Why don't you just do the research and then come back when you get a clue JUNIOR!

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Actually, I did this because I knew it was gonna get a rile out of you. You're a lot more stubborn than I thought. I'm sorry that this is a discussion forum where people are allowed to have opinions, and can discuss things in a hopefully, though not always, as you've pretty much proven, mature manner. And you calling me Junior is still hilarious. You must feel all badass at the age of 12 or whatever calling someone Junior because they have a lower post count than you.

Well if it gets you through the night..

Oh and for the record, the whole Sorgi thing was meant as a joke, but I knew you were gonna be pissy about it. I hope Boller gets his chance, I do. But as long as McNair stays healthy(not a guarantee), and consistent(which yeah, is also not a guarantee, but that's more than I can say for Boller), he's our guy.

Oh, and btw, you definitely started this whole bashing thing. I just want to make that clear. But you do it so often, I'm sure you hardly noticed.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually, I did this because I knew it was gonna get a rile out of you. You're a lot more stubborn than I thought. I'm sorry that this is a discussion forum where people are allowed to have opinions, and can discuss things in a hopefully, though not always, as you've pretty much proven, mature manner. And you calling me Junior is still hilarious. You must feel all badass at the age of 12 or whatever calling someone Junior because they have a lower post count than you.

Well if it gets you through the night..

Oh and for the record, the whole Sorgi thing was meant as a joke, but I knew you were gonna be pissy about it. I hope Boller gets his chance, I do. But as long as McNair stays healthy(not a guarantee), and consistent(which yeah, is also not a guarantee, but that's more than I can say for Boller), he's our guy.

Oh, and btw, you definitely started this whole bashing thing. I just want to make that clear. But you do it so often, I'm sure you hardly noticed.

Well if all this bs was in jest and for the purpose of fun then kudos! :D

As for calling me 12 that is so awesome and obviously a rip off of my comments in the Off Topic Forum so at least you are trying to be like a good poster and the flattery is appreciated. As for the Junior comment, you are obviously not a wrestling fan so you don't appreciate the Chris Jericho reference so I am sorry for your loss. And I did not start the bashing Junior, questioning whether or not Boller supports would defect is questioning our support for our team and that my friend is something that just is not done. We all live and breathe purple and for you to come in and challenge that, joke or not, is reprehensible. We've been here along time and you need to tread lightly when you question our support for the Ravens!

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Something tells me we are going to have interesting moments here.

In any case, I really hope we can get past this. And I wasn't really trying to "diss" on Boller. He just still has a lot to prove. As long as he's a Raven though, I wouldn't boo his presence on the field.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Something tells me we are going to have interesting moments here.

In any case, I really hope we can get past this. And I wasn't really trying to "diss" on Boller. He just still has a lot to prove. As long as he's a Raven though, I wouldn't boo his presence on the field.

There is nothing to get past, I think Kyle is the best option for this team and if you disagree then thats all fine and good. And as long as you are not one of the Ass Clowns that cheered him a couple of years ago when he got hurt against the Colts then you are ok by me.

go_ravens94
04-07-2007, 07:59 PM
There is nothing to get past, I think Kyle is the best option for this team and if you disagree then thats all fine and good. And as long as you are not one of the Ass Clowns that cheered him a couple of years ago when he got hurt against the Colts then you are ok by me.

I agree, I am not a Boller "fan" but I didn't cheer when he got hurt.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I agree, I am not a Boller "fan" but I didn't cheer when he got hurt.

Kudos to you! :D

That was quite possibly the most class less thing I have ever witnessed and I was ashamed to be considered from the city of Baltimore after that. And people wonder why I say Baltimore fans are worse then Philly fans except for the violence.

niel89
04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
3 pages of not talking about QBs....:D

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 11:53 PM
3 pages of not talking about QBs....:D

Oh yeah well Clarence is only 6'5 & 7/8" so there! :p

niel89
04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Oh yeah well Clarence is only 6'5 & 7/8" so there! :p

thats a LIE