PDA

View Full Version : Your Team's WTF Picks?

D-Unit
04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not thrilled at all with the Cowboys picks of Kyle Wilber, Matt Johnson and Danny Coale.

RaiderNation
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I've thought the Raiders have had a solid draft so far, Bergstrom seems like a reach in the 3rd, but Burris, Crawford and Criner all make me happy in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2012, 02:49 PM
I've thought the Raiders have had a solid draft so far, Bergstrom seems like a reach in the 3rd, but Burris, Crawford and Criner all make me happy in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Yea Bergstrom was a bit wtf for me. Ta'Amu or Crick were the ones I wanted.

JRTPlaya21
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Kirk Cousins & that guard we took outta SMU.

RaiderNation
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM

I'm surprised to see a DT not be added yet, this may mean Houston will play DT more this season...

cmarq83
04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Have you heard of Tavon Wilson? Before yesterday I hadn't either, newest 2nd rounder for the Pats.

Babylon
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Seattle going with Russell Wilson in the 3rd gets a big WTF from me.

Vikings4ever
04-28-2012, 03:00 PM
None thus far.

Closest was Rhett Ellison in the 4th. But only because it was a bit early.

Monomach
04-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Shea McClellin to our 4-3 team.

49ersfan_87
04-28-2012, 03:19 PM
AJ Jenkins?

He's not a bad pick (IMO). But if you told 49er fans that Fleener, Konz, Hill, Randle, and Jeffrey were all available, and we passed on them for Jenkins, they would think you're insane.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Sean Spence I guess. DeCastro, Adams, and Ta'amu fill the needs, while Spence wasn't on my radar as 3-4 ILBs.

Timmons-lite from what I see, which means he'll probably be his backup.

Burger
04-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Ours is probably the compensation picks Mike Daniels and Jerron McMillian, only because nobody is very aware of them. Both are perfect players for what we need.

Matthew Jones
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Tavon Wilson was definitely the "WTF" pick, but Jake Bequette was a "for crying out loud" pick.

Caulibflower
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Seattle going with Russell Wilson in the 3rd gets a big WTF from me.

Gets a little wtf from me. I'd have thought we'd look to add someone else since we're bringing two vets in to compete for the starting job already, and have our token "developmental guy" already in Josh Portis, but I like Russell Wilson so I'm not upset about it. If he can find a niche somewhere between Seneca Wallace and Drew Brees, that's a good pick. And it's what I expect of him, so I guess I'm saying I like the pick. There was no one on the board there who I was just dying for anyways.

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Tavon Wilson was definitely the "WTF" pick, but Jake Bequette was a "for crying out loud" pick.

I thought Bequette was a solid pick up.

Matthew Jones
04-28-2012, 03:28 PM

He is a workout warrior who picked up a ton of coverage sacks and got tagged with the "productive" label. He's a fifth-round prospect and developmental backup in my opinion. Given Belichick's track record of drafting pass rushers (Cunningham, Crable, McKenzie, various other mid-round busts), you'll have to forgive me for being skeptical of a guy I wasn't a big fan of before the draft.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Wrong thread.

WTF picks for NE - surprised anyone outside of Champaign knew of Tavon Wilson

CHI - The FB from Temple.

Babylon
04-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Especially with all the talent they'll have to rotate there. He wasnt the most physical guy in the world but his cone numbers at the combine were about as good as anyone there. Besides, doesnt Belichick clear all these guys from the SEC through Saban before he takes them?

killxswitch
04-28-2012, 03:53 PM
At first Dwayne Allen was a super WTF for me. And trading up for TY Hilton still is. I am not so sure he'll blow by tacklers like he did in college and I thought there were several better available players at positions of greater need.

D-Unit
04-28-2012, 03:56 PM

:rofl: hahaha that made me laugh.

SenorGato
04-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Wtf how did they let Coples fall to 16??!

In a good way though...

SenorGato
04-28-2012, 04:06 PM
At first Dwayne Allen was a super WTF for me. And trading up for TY Hilton still is. I am not so sure he'll blow by tacklers like he did in college and I thought there were several better available players at positions of greater need.

I thought the Colts grabbing two TEs with that kind of talent was genius. Nobody knows how to negate TEs yet....

Zac Brown being picked by the Titans can almost solely be attributed to that IMO.

tjsunstein
04-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Im guess Im lucky in the sense that Thompson played this draft insanely well but the S from Maine got me. Although its a need, I hadnt heard of him. I do trust his eye for small school prospects, though.

SenorGato
04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
McMillan has some talent...Similar to Brandon Taylor without the hype of a big program.

Pat Sims 90
04-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Really no WTF picks for the Bengals.

I guess maybe passing on DeCastro for Zeitler, but the Bengals did get Brandon Thompson out of deal which does not look like a bad pick.

Burger
04-28-2012, 04:20 PM
McMillan has some talent...Similar to Brandon Taylor without the hype of a big program.

He's a very fast, very smart, and very aggressive safety. He's going to learn how to use those instincts with coverage better, but he is a very solid tackler and has amazing instincts.

georgiafan
04-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Falcons picking the to from southern miss in Lund 3 and lions going with Broyles

Babylon
04-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Had a WTF moment when Denver drafted Osweller, as in WTF is njx9 going to think.

jblaze66
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Dennis Kelly for sure was a WTF pick but I am sure Mudd had some input on it so I won't slam it too much

Bulldogs
04-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Lamar Holmes was the only real "WTF" pick for us. He's got it physically but of course to the casual draftnik it looks like a reach.

Smooth Criminal
04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Only one for the Steelers really is Sean Spence, and even he is a talented player just a little undersized and I'm not sure he's gonna fit the system.

twiz
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Easier to list the two picks that weren't wtf: Richardson and James-Michael.

marshallb
04-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Really none from the Vikings. Ellison was a slight surprise that early, but nothing too much as it fills a need. Blair Walsh was a slight surprise as well, but Longwell only has a limited time left and doesn't really have the leg strength for kickoffs anymore. Every other pick filled a need at solid or much better value.

vidae
04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty happy with every pick the Chiefs made except the second to last one, Jerome Long. I don't know anything about him though.

Caulibflower
04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Had a WTF moment when Denver drafted Osweller, as in WTF is njx9 going to think.

Hahaha... that's what I thought, too. But I do think that's pretty much THE perfect situation for Osweiler, aside from whether it's a good pick for Denver.

lowlife
04-28-2012, 05:58 PM
I hadn't heard of Najee Goode or Drake Dunsmore before today.

But they were 5th and 7th rounders respectively, so no bigz.

Nalej
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
T.Wilson and N.Ebner. Jigga what? Jigga who?

Babylon
04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Hahaha... that's what I thought, too. But I do think that's pretty much THE perfect situation for Osweiler, aside from whether it's a good pick for Denver.

He can learn from the master for a few years and then maybe have a career. Personally i would have rathered him than Russell Wilson for Seattle.

As for the Seahawks, who knows who they would have taken had they been there. Guys on KJR were pretty sure that they would have taken Kuechly had he been there at 12, probably same for Osweiler in the 3rd.

Burger
04-28-2012, 06:03 PM
My new WTF pick for us is Andrew Datko, how did he drop all the way to the 7th round. He was definitely one of the best tackles in the NCAA last year.

Babylon
04-28-2012, 06:18 PM
My new WTF pick for us is Andrew Datko, how did he drop all the way to the 7th round. He was definitely one of the best tackles in the NCAA last year.

Looks to me like he can play RT in the league, shoulder problems kept him from going higher but i'd say he's a steal in the 7th.

For me, at least, these teams get too hung up on a guy who has an injury. In most cases it's doesnt hurt his career. There doesnt seem a tolerance for guys who may be a year away. Case in point Jared Crick. You could argue that he was a 1st round pick before being injured this year. He might be ready to go from day one, it seems strange to me to downgrade him for that.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Bryce Brown

/thread

T-RICH49
04-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Devon WIley was the closest thing to a WTF pick for me

Bills2083
04-28-2012, 06:32 PM
TJ Graham in the 3rd, John Potter in the 7th.
His kicking percentage is 72% 72!

EDIT: he kicks it out of the endzone every time (lets be honest, I'm not sure he did it every time. I cant watch kicking highlights for 18 minutes).

6MqqH6RucFo

Anyone know how much of an effect that Colorado air had?

Monomach
04-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Bryce Brown

/thread

Well, it's the ultimate in boom-or-bust, and that's ok in the 7th round.

Of course, he's crazy, so...

jCut
04-28-2012, 06:36 PM
The Broncos picking Omar Bolden and Philip Blake when Alameda Ta'amu and Brandon Boykin were available.

Burger
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Looks to me like he can play RT in the league, shoulder problems kept him from going higher but i'd say he's a steal in the 7th.

For me, at least, these teams get too hung up on a guy who has an injury. In most cases it's doesnt hurt his career. There doesnt seem a tolerance for guys who may be a year away. Case in point Jared Crick. You could argue that he was a 1st round pick before being injured this year. He might be ready to go from day one, it seems strange to me to downgrade him for that.

The only reason I am kinda indifferent towards crick is that we had Justin Harrell. I don't mind taking a risk on Datko because it was the 7th, you take risk in that round.

jblaze66
04-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Bryce Brown

/thread

I second this I just don't understand how bringing someone like this in can help this team I don't like this pick at all, that being said at least its the 7th round

TheFinisher
04-28-2012, 06:46 PM
The Broncos picking Omar Bolden and Philip Blake when Alameda Ta'amu and Brandon Boykin were available.

Blake and Bolden in the 4th Round are certainly not WTF picks, they both have starter potential and are highly thought of by draftniks everywhere.

Now the Cowboys drafting Matt Johnson DB/Eastern Washington in the 4th... THAT'S a WTF pick.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/557728_371160516255192_157957557575490_978660_5620 10114_n.jpg

Burger
04-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I second this I just don't understand how bringing someone like this in can help this team I don't like this pick at all, that being said at least its the 7th round

I cant believe Bryce Brown got drafted because of High School hype.

RealityCheck
04-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Tavon Wilson. Let's wait, though. Also Nate Ebner and Jeremy Ebert.

But I loved the Jones, Hightower, Bequette and Dennard picks so I'm pretty confident.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Well, it's the ultimate in boom-or-bust, and that's ok in the 7th round.

Of course, he's crazy, so...

True, which is why I really don't mind the pick at all. It really is about as WTF as it gets though.

bigbluedefense
04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
What's wrong with Bryce Brown? I don't know anything about him, but I'm curious why you guys are talking about him so much

Raiderz4Life
04-28-2012, 06:51 PM
What's wrong with Bryce Brown? I don't know anything about him, but I'm curious why you guys are talking about him so much

I'm wondering too. Somethin bout being crazy

Burger
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm wondering too. Somethin bout being crazy

Bryce Brown is not crazy. His dad is a dumbass, and he got controlled by his parent. He was the #1 runningback in the country above Trent Richardson, went to Tennessee. Lane Kiffin left after his freshman year, and his dad pretty much forced him to transfer. He tried playing for K-state and couldnt even be 3rd string.

nepg
04-28-2012, 06:57 PM
He is a workout warrior who picked up a ton of coverage sacks and got tagged with the "productive" label. He's a fifth-round prospect and developmental backup in my opinion. Given Belichick's track record of drafting pass rushers (Cunningham, Crable, McKenzie, various other mid-round busts), you'll have to forgive me for being skeptical of a guy I wasn't a big fan of before the draft.
Bequette is going to be a passing downs 5-tech for them.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2012, 06:58 PM
He's just one of those names that I thought I'd never hear again, and all of a sudden the eagles take him in the 7th round in the draft. Hence the WTF. I don't dislike it at all, in fact I kinda like it, could be a steal.

GaMeTiMe
04-28-2012, 07:08 PM
The only WTF pick for the Eagles was Foles, I wouldn't have expected them to target him that early if at all, and over Cousins.

dawhizz
04-28-2012, 07:09 PM
For the Bears, pretty much everyone but Jeffery :confuse:

SunTzu_22
04-28-2012, 08:59 PM
For the Ravens it was more "WTF" for the players we didnīt take. Would have loved for us to pick Jared Crick in the 4th and Audie Cole in the 6th (Cant be to mad at the 6th round pick tho. Really high on Tommy Streeter.)
In Ozzie we trust, I guess.

Abaddon
04-28-2012, 09:04 PM

I like Bergstrom a lot more than Crawford, who was the first real WTF pick. Christo Bilukidi takes the WTF cake, though.

nobodyinparticular
04-28-2012, 10:41 PM
My WTF moment is the fact the Raiders didn't get address the need for a plugger in the middle AT ALL. Tommy Kelly can take on blockers and he has in the past, but he has the ability to penetrate and get in the backfield, so why mis-use him like that?

"WTF" is the Raiders passing on Josh Chapman and Alameda Ta'amu so many times.

Abaddon
04-28-2012, 10:46 PM
"WTF" is the Raiders passing on Josh Chapman and Alameda Ta'amu so many times.

I wept like a newly deflowered freshman girl who just realized he's not going to call me again.

Chapman's knee better be shot all to hell. If he's a starting NT in the next 2-3 years, me and Reggie have issues.

CJSchneider
04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
All of them except for Nick Toon in the 4th.

FrankGore
04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
For my own team, I think the picks of AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James were equally shocking, but not bad at all considering what we really needed. The rest of the picks on the 2nd day were pretty ho-hum, not home runs but not bad either.

I have to give the "WTF" award to the Redskins for the Kirk Cousins move. You can give me any reach, bad pick, etc. made by anyone else...this move was worse. You take RGIII and expect them to line him up with help and weapons and instead they use a FOURTH round pick to take a backup who will surely put pressure on him as soon as RGIII starts struggling. That's just insane. Any feeling that the Skins were getting things together was shot to death right there for me.

Abaddon
04-28-2012, 11:09 PM
lol@ Cousins putting pressure on RGIII.

There will be no chants for Kirk freaking Cousins when RGIII has a bad game. Get a grip.

It's insurance against they start QB getting dinged. Dude does run a lot, ya know. And he's not exactly stout. He gets hurt, and it's back to Grossman. Taking a QB there was a great move, especially if he develops and can get them a 2nd round pick in trade down the road.

BRAVEHEART
04-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Ryan Broyles for sure, that was a head scratcher.

WCH
04-28-2012, 11:22 PM

There will be no chants for Kirk freaking Cousins when RGIII has a bad game. Get a grip.

It's insurance against they start QB getting dinged. Dude does run a lot, ya know. And he's not exactly stout. He gets hurt, and it's back to Grossman. Taking a QB there was a great move, especially if he develops and can get them a 2nd round pick in trade down the road.

Not this year. If RGIII takes a few years to develop and Cousins has a few big preseason games, then the dynamic changes. The Redskins have been here before, with Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte. That turned into a big QB controversy before everybody figured out that neither one of them were very good.

draftguru151
04-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Olivier Vernon in the third was a wtf moment.

jayceheathman
04-28-2012, 11:29 PM
DeVier Posey. Enough said.

mqtirishfan
04-28-2012, 11:36 PM
He tried playing for K-state and couldnt even be 3rd string.

Hence the WTF part of the pick.

Brent
04-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Ryan Broyles for sure, that was a head scratcher.
Probably the highest rated player at that point. I'm a big fan of his, so I liked the pick.

Abaddon
04-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Not this year. If RGIII takes a few years to develop and Cousins has a few big preseason games, then the dynamic changes. The Redskins have been here before, with Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte. That turned into a big QB controversy before everybody figured out that neither one of them were very good.

You bolded the wrong part.

There ya go.

hagy34
04-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I've been all over the Vikes board saying I wanted Marvin Jones. Greg Childs was my WTF pick. I don't like it at all. Could be in the minority but he has done nothing since the injury and I don't expect that to change. Jones would've been a much better pick IMO.

BRAVEHEART
04-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Probably the highest rated player at that point. I'm a big fan of his, so I liked the pick.

That's how most look at it. The thing is, I've never been a fan of the guy, especially coming off injury. The one thing I can give the guy, he's consistent.

Caulibflower
04-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Does Kellen Moore signing with the Lions count? People talk about not mixing QBs with different styles, and here you might be talking about having both the strongest and weakest-armed QBs in the league on the same roster.

Master Exploder
04-29-2012, 03:56 AM
I still don't like the Lamar Holmes pick in the 3rd round by the Falcons. It's not that he wasn't highly regarded within the draft community, but more-so that he doesn't really look that good in the few games I've seen him in. Regardless, he is a mammoth LT in a pass-orientated offense, so I have my hopes, but I also have heavy doubts.

wicket
04-29-2012, 04:02 AM
All of them except for Nick Toon in the 4th.

pretty much my feelings only i didnt want to come across negatively a third year in a row

Bixby (Thumper)
04-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Nick Foles in the third.:neutral:

Hate that pick so much.

nepg
04-29-2012, 05:26 AM
I like Foles, but that's a seemingly terrible fit considering how much Reid seems to value mobility at the QB position.

Bixby (Thumper)
04-29-2012, 05:33 AM
I like Foles, but that's a seemingly terrible fit considering how much Reid seems to value mobility at the QB position.

I just don't see it with Foles, not even a little bit. He has a mediocre arm and he has to put a lot of air under the ball, struggles to drive the ball, needs space to throw, slower release because of his arm length, inconsistent accuracy, unathletic, fades away from pressure, drops his eye level and focuses on the pressure, skittish. I really don't see much to like outside of his size, team first mentality and intelligence. He's like a poor man's Blaine Gabbert, even his hair is slightly worse than Gabbert's.

fenikz
04-29-2012, 05:40 AM
he's nothing like gabbert, i would say derek anderson with a weaker arm

Caulibflower
04-29-2012, 06:08 AM
he's nothing like gabbert, i would say derek anderson with a weaker arm

I wouldn't compare him to anyone who's started a season in the NFL, just out of principle.

Asteinebach
04-29-2012, 06:10 AM

Yeah, he was a highly rated player. I agree he's a pretty talented kid. There's just a couple questions I have about the pick. When is he going to start? Because he'll likely sit out the 2012 season. If that were the case, why not just draft a new WR next year? You have a couple years left on Burleson's contract to do that.

Even if he does get healthy this year, he won't see the field over CJ, Titus, and Nate right now. Maybe he can contribute on special teams?

onejayhawk
04-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Bequette is going to be a passing downs 5-tech for them.

I doubt it. More likely a 3 tech.

Nickel packages usually take out the big DT or NT and add a DB. In a base 3-4 that slides the DE inside and brings both OLB forward. You can call it a 4-2, since there are 4 on the line, or 2-4, since only 2 have a hand down. Either way the "DE" plays inside the OT.

Bequette is perfect for that role. Nice pick.

J

ramsrule
04-29-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm not thrilled at all with the Cowboys picks of Kyle Wilber, Matt Johnson and Danny Coale.

disagree on Cole. Think he will be a very solid player for you guys.

batsandgats
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Blake and Bolden in the 4th Round are certainly not WTF picks, they both have starter potential and are highly thought of by draftniks everywhere.

Now the Cowboys drafting Matt Johnson DB/Eastern Washington in the 4th... THAT'S a WTF pick.

Really? Matt Johnson is a 6 ft 211 pound safety that ran a 4.54 with a 38 inch vertical, his short shuttle and 3 cone drills were good as well as his broad, with over 300 career tackles and 17 interceptions. I think that Cowboys got a good deal in the 4th round. I think he can make an impact and the Cowboys scouted well.

Opmwpgf5M04 I watched the game against Texas Tech, he didn't have a problem with FBS schools they faced.

I would be disappointed with the Saints draft but I know they didn't have a 1st or a 2nd, a positive way to look at is that Mark Ingram was basically our 1st round pick. Some of you are freaking out about late round picks, not every team is going to find a diamond in the rough, and usually when they do we don't see it until years later, so hopefully the Saints know what they are doing, even though I don't think Sean Payton was able to be involved in the process.

molenguinurtle
04-29-2012, 12:33 PM
We took a punter in the 3rd round.

Babylon
04-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Having not liked the pick of Irvin for Seattle then changing my mind to being ok i'm back to not liking it. Main Reason, we passed on Michael Floyd and David Decastro. For me those are clearly better football players and they fill a need.

Abaddon
04-29-2012, 01:08 PM
We took a punter in the 3rd round.

/thread...

TimmG6376
04-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Ours is probably the compensation picks Mike Daniels and Jerron McMillian, only because nobody is very aware of them. Both are perfect players for what we need.

Yeah those were the only two that gave me pause. Not so bothered by McMillian after reading up on him, but still have my doubts on Daniels. They've made comments about trying to play more base 3-4 this season yet he doesn't really fit in a base 3-4 alignment. Sure he can be used in he nickel sub package but in a 3-4 you can only keep so many defensive linemen.

descendency
04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Have you heard of Tavon Wilson? Before yesterday I hadn't either, newest 2nd rounder for the Pats.

This pretty much summarized it.

D-Unit
04-29-2012, 01:57 PM
disagree on Cole. Think he will be a very solid player for you guys.
Not sure what kind of player he will be. I was mostly shocked that we took him, not necessarily doubted his skills as a player. I questioned the draft value, but he was a 5th rounder, so it wasn't terrible. The more I research things about him, the more I'm starting to come around. Same for Matt Johnson.

D-Unit
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Really? Matt Johnson is a 6 ft 211 pound safety that ran a 4.54 with a 38 inch vertical, his short shuttle and 3 cone drills were good as well as his broad, with over 300 career tackles and 17 interceptions. I think that Cowboys got a good deal in the 4th round. I think he can make an impact and the Cowboys scouted well.

Opmwpgf5M04 I watched the game against Texas Tech, he didn't have a problem with FBS schools they faced.

I would be disappointed with the Saints draft but I know they didn't have a 1st or a 2nd, a positive way to look at is that Mark Ingram was basically our 1st round pick. Some of you are freaking out about late round picks, not every team is going to find a diamond in the rough, and usually when they do we don't see it until years later, so hopefully the Saints know what they are doing, even though I don't think Sean Payton was able to be involved in the process.
Thanks for sharing that! Nice to see somebody knowing something about him. That pick was a shocker to me.

YoJoeBucsFan
04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Bucs- Goode, Tandy, Smith and Dunsmore. All 4 of them are camp bodies and wouldn't be on legitimate playoff teams.

BamaFalcon59
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Not sure what kind of player he will be. I was mostly shocked that we took him, not necessarily doubted his skills as a player. I questioned the draft value, but he was a 5th rounder, so it wasn't terrible. The more I research things about him, the more I'm starting to come around. Same for Matt Johnson.

You are going to like him so much.

VT fans widely consider Coale one of their favorites ever.

And he can punt.