PDA

View Full Version : IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY!!!!! 2013 NFL Mock Draft!

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 11:16 AM
1. Jaguars- Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tyler+Wilson+Arkansas+v+Auburn+69LiSEfAIqRl.jpg

2. Browns- Robert Woods, WR, USC
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/10/robert-woods.jpg

3. Raiders- Matt Barkley, QB, USC
http://www.sportsreport360.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Matt-Barkley.jpg

4. Seahawks- Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/devin-taylor.jpg

5. Colts- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/icon_18801073-610x406.gif

6. Vikings- Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State
http://swxrn.images.worldnow.com/images/15044376_BG1.jpg

7. Rams- DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J+Fluker+Kent+State+v+Alabama+C3lrwq8yFV5l.jpg

8. Rams(f/ Redskins)- Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
http://themeatlockersports.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/marcus-lattimore-south-carolina.jpg

9. Cardinals- Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2010/11/01/2d2b_t607.jpeg

10. Panthers- David Amerson, CB, NC State
http://withthefirstpick.com/files/2012/01/5837832.jpg

11. Dolphins- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
12. Jets- Robert Lester, FS, Alabama
13. Chargers- Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
14. Cowboys- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
15. Bills- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
16. Lions- William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
17. Saints- Kwaan Short, DT, Purdue
18. Titans- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
19. Falcons-  Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
20. Ravens- Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
21. Buccaneers- John Hankins, DT, Ohio State
22. Chiefs- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
23. Giants- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
24. Steelers- Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
25. Eagles- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
26. Bengals- Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
27. Packers- Barrett Jones, G/C, Alabama
28. Broncos- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
29. Bears- DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
30. Patriots- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
31. Texans- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
32. 49ers- Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas

ROUND 2
1. Jaguars- Greg Reid, CB, Florida State
2. Browns- Shane Skov, LB, Stanford
3. Raiders- Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame
4. Seahawks- Tony Jefferson CB Oklahoma
5. Colts- Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
6. Vikings- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
7. Rams- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
8. Redskins- Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia
9. Cardinals- Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
10. Panthers- Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
11. Dolphins- Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami
12. Jets- Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
13. Chargers- Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida
14. Cowboys- Patrick Omameh, OG, Michigan
15. Bills- T.J. McDonald, S, USC
16. Lions- Tom Wort, ILB, Oklahoma
17. Saints- FORFEIT
18. Titans- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
19. Falcons- Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
20. Ravens- Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
21. Buccaneers- Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
22. Chiefs- Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
23. Giants- Eric Reid, SS, LSU
24. Steelers- Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State
25. Eagles- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee
26. Bengals- Xavier Sua-Filo, OT, UCLA
27. Packers- Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
28. Broncos- Keenan Davis, WR, Iowa
29. Bears- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
30. Patriots- Jaz Reynolds, WR, Oklahoma
31. Texans- Kwame Geathers, DT, Georgia
32. 49ers- Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M

Fire Away!

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Great Packers pick! He could come in a do a great job a center.

JPF
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Would be VERY happy with that pick for the Panthers!

Love to see someone already doing a mock!

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Would be VERY happy with that pick for the Panthers!

Love to see someone already doing a mock!

It's sort of become my thing. 3 years in a row now I have posted a mock for next year the day after the draft ends.

Asteinebach
04-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Lions won't be picking 16 next year. More in the neighborhood of 20-25 I think

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Lions won't be picking 16 next year. More in the neighborhood of 20-25 I think

Tougher schedule, holes on defense, no real running game and the Bears and Packers both got better.

vidae
04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Boourns! Have the Chiefs move up for Bray!

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Boourns! Have the Chiefs move up for Bray!

I really wanted to give you guys a QB, but your GM sadly seems to not give a **** if you are mediocre at QB. Plus if you make the playoffs, he really won't care.

derza222
04-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Safety is very likely to be a big need next year. Think OLB will be too though and it's more of a priority position, so it'd be tough to pass on Jones. Anything's possible though, always fun to have a mock this early!

Hines
04-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd prefer TJ McDonald, but if they are going to go after a Bama LB, I want Nico Johnson.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 11:51 AM
I'd prefer TJ McDonald, but if they are going to go after a Bama LB, I want Nico Johnson.

I was torn between Johnson and Mosley, I will switch it.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Safety is very likely to be a big need next year. Think OLB will be too though and it's more of a priority position, so it'd be tough to pass on Jones. Anything's possible though, always fun to have a mock this early!

I'm sorry, but what team are you referring to?

Sloopy
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
I imagine Ray Lewis retires next year and ILB may be our #1 priority.

McClain is great when he is standing next to somebody but with a young Cody at NT, an average McClain and whoever wins the starting job (Ellerbe?) the middle of that Defense will be susceptible.

Might go T'eo there

Babylon
04-29-2012, 12:02 PM
And the caption for the Jags should read. "If they're picking here you know Blaine Gabbert was a bust"

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I imagine Ray Lewis retires next year and ILB may be our #1 priority.

McClain is great when he is standing next to somebody but with a young Cody at NT, an average McClain and whoever wins the starting job (Ellerbe?) the middle of that Defense will be susceptible.

Might go T'eo there

Good point, I was considering Tom Wort and Te'o there as well.

vidae
04-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I really wanted to give you guys a QB, but your GM sadly seems to not give a **** if you are mediocre at QB. Plus if you make the playoffs, he really won't care.

Man, if that is true we should probably fire him. The goal isn't the playoffs, it's a championship.

thebow305
04-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Allen would be a great pickup for Miami! Nice job!

Ray Ray in the 2nd and I'm in HEAVEN!!

derza222
04-29-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry, but what team are you referring to?

My bad, dunno why I didn't mention that. Jets.

mqtirishfan
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
The Rams drafted a RB in the second round this year and still have Steven Jackson. I can't imagine it'd go over well if they drafted another one in the top 10.

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
The Rams drafted a RB in the second round this year and still have Steven Jackson. I can't imagine it'd go over well if they drafted another one in the top 10.

Steven Jackson will be coming to the end of his career soon and Isaiah Pead is only a 3rd down change of pace back. Plus Marcus Lattimore is an elite running back prospect.

Asteinebach
04-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Tougher schedule, holes on defense, no real running game and the Bears and Packers both got better.

The Lions aren't regressing. The Bears didn't get any better on the Offensive line. The Lions brought back last years team with the addition of 3 CB's, 3 LB's and 2 OL. How did we not keep up?

Duffman57
04-29-2012, 01:25 PM
I dont see how the Chargers pick at 12 next year, but if they do, Jarvis Jones has to be that pick. Phillips is a FA after this year, and is probably gone. We got the SOLB that will match up with the RT well in Ingram, but we dont have that #1 pass rusher that can consistently beat LT's off the edge, and thats what Jarvis Jones does. Mathieu is great, but i'm not sure about if he has a real position and doesn't seem like a true CB to me...

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Stephen Jackson is almost 30, and he is aging fast due to the fact that he is a bruising back who has always had to do it all himself. He has never had someone to split carries with and he has had to carry the franchise on his back. Simply put, he only has a few years left and is out of his prime. Pead is never going to be an every-down back either as SuperPacker alluded to. If you have 2 top 10 picks and can address your biggest need with the first one you go BPA with the next one. The only other position that would make sense is WR, but I like the picks you made there this year and when you have the chance to get an elite RB who can replace Jackson perfectly, you do it.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 01:30 PM
The Lions aren't regressing. The Bears didn't get any better on the Offensive line. The Lions brought back last years team with the addition of 3 CB's, 3 LB's and 2 OL. How did we not keep up?

That's my opinion and prediction
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/backpain-1277406949.jpg

I dont see how the Chargers pick at 12 next year, but if they do, Jarvis Jones has to be that pick. Phillips is a FA after this year, and is probably gone. We got the SOLB that will match up with the RT well in Ingram, but we dont have that #1 pass rusher that can consistently beat LT's off the edge, and thats what Jarvis Jones does. Mathieu is great, but i'm not sure about if he has a real position and doesn't seem like a true CB to me...

Jammer is getting older and will be a free agent. Mathieu is a baller and he knows how to make plays.

Razor
04-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I like Banks for the Pats. Not sure if we'd take a corner since WR looks as though it'll be a big need next year, but Banks is a decent pick. I do think that a safety would be a better pick though.

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Packers picking 27th...WTF OSU!

:freakout:

T-RICH49
04-29-2012, 01:48 PM

Pioli might feel that way but I don't think Clark or Romeo do.

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 01:49 PM
And they did say they dont think Matt Cassel is the future of the franchise.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Pioli might feel that way but I don't think Clark or Romeo do.

Well I plan on changing things in my next mock where I will add a 2nd round and tweak this one. I'll take note of this.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Added a 2nd round and tweaked the first

Legacy
04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
21. Buccaneers- John Hankins, DT, Ohio State

21. Buccaneers- Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

The Buccaneers invested their top 2 picks in defensive tackles two years ago (McCoy and Price) and just signed Amobi Okoye. I'll be shocked if defensive tackle is considered a need, though if either McCoy or Price land on IR again, it could end up being a reality.

As for the 2nd round pick, if the Bucs draft a CB again, it'll mark the 5th straight year they've selected a cornerback in the draft. I'd say it's only likely if Talib ends up heading to jail.

Personally, I think an OLB to replace Quincy Black and a playmaking FS are much bigger areas of concern at this point.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 03:34 PM
The Buccaneers invested their top 2 picks in defensive tackles two years ago (McCoy and Price) and just signed Amobi Okoye. I'll be shocked if defensive tackle is considered a need, though if either McCoy or Price land on IR again, it could end up being a reality.

As for the 2nd round pick, if the Bucs draft a CB again, it'll mark the 5th straight year they've selected a cornerback in the draft. I'd say it's only likely if Talib ends up heading to jail.

Personally, I think an OLB to replace Quincy Black and a playmaking FS are much bigger areas of concern at this point.

You really think I didnt know they drafted those 2?! Neither Price nor McCoy has lived up to the hype. It's very unlikely they both step up this year and former bust Okoye isn't going to help. Unless McCoy and Price both make strides, you will need a new DT.

Yea, but CB is still a weakness. Ronde will be a FA and retire, Wright is a stop gap, and Talib has character concerns.

Lavonte David and Mason Foster

Knicks and Bucs
04-29-2012, 04:25 PM
A DT for Tampa is possible, but I would like to see how Price and Mccoy perform one last time. Like they have one last shot.

Tampa's biggest needs are RT, CB, and one more LB to go with David and Foster. I would take Jake Matthews in the 1st. Either he can go RT or move Penn over there. The 2nd rounder is cool.

CashmoneyDrew
04-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Justin Hunter will be a 1st rounder. ;)

Shupp
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm just happy you have the 49ers winning the Superbowl!!!!

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Justin Hunter will be a 1st rounder. ;)

I do agree he has first round potential, but I couldn't find a team for him

Pat Sims 90
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't know yet if Ball will be worth a 1st Round pick, we will see with the Badgers loseing some of that OL. RB is the biggest need for the Bengals though.

stl9erfan
04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
I feel I must approve of any mock draft that has the Niners picking 32nd. So regardless of the pick, well done.

(That said, I don't see guard as a likely need going into next year's draft, but we'll see.)

wicket
04-29-2012, 05:27 PM
i love how the steelers are forfeiting for my saints

Smash28Dash34
04-29-2012, 05:33 PM
This draft fails because the panthers are picking in the top 10.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 05:33 PM
i love how the steelers are forfeiting for my saints

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean

You dont have the Steelers taking anyone in the second round.

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 05:49 PM
You dont have the Steelers taking anyone in the second round.

**** I knew I missed one

MaybeDavis
04-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Have no idea of the most players but love the fact that the Niners pick at #32!

keylime_5
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
The Browns have to draft Robert Woods next year. It must happen!

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
The Browns have to draft Robert Woods next year. It must happen!

Too bad you'll still have Weeden throwing to him! :lol:

Mr. Goosemahn
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I think Pittsburgh goes all out on the defense next year, with ILB, DE/OLB, and S being the priority. Solid first round pick, not too big on the second.

edit: booo, Okafor going one pick before would suck monkey balls, I think he's gonna be a good 3-4 OLB.

cotts1
04-29-2012, 06:39 PM

The Lions have an easier schedule this year than last year. Get to play the AFC south and NFC west. Two of the worst divisions.

There aren't really any big holes on defense. The Lions had one of the better defenses in the league last year up until November when a rash of injuries occurred and they never really recovered their chemistry late in the season when they got guys back.

Not really sure how the Packer got better. They didn't really sign anybody and lost Nick Collins for good. Draft picks still have to prove they are good.
Bears got better but I'm not sure how much better. Marshall can be very good but he can also be very mediocre. Also, the Packers and Bears have maxed out, meaning most their core players are past or currently in their prime. The Lions core team is very young and should only continue to grow and get better in the next few years with added experience. The NFC North is a gonna be a bloodbath this year.

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
So how did the Lions get better?

Obviously our draft picks have to prove themselves, but we drafted really well and i wouldnt be shocked if all 3 of our 1st and 2nd round picks make big impacts this year.

This is just a projection of where teams will finish, no one knows, so stop acting like you do.

cotts1
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM

Obviously our draft picks have to prove themselves, but we drafted really well and i wouldnt be shocked if all 3 of our 1st and 2nd round picks make big impacts this year.

This is just a projection of where teams will finish, no one knows, so stop acting like you do.

I liked the Packers draft as well. Thought they did a real nice job. Like you said, still has to be proven on the field.

I'm not acting like I know what will happen. I admit I don't know who will win the North next year. I'm just presenting the Lions case for why they should at least be considered a legit contender to win the NFC North and a playoff team.

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
The last bit was just aimed at everyone who's moaning about where their team was picking. Everyone wants their team to do well, unfortunatley it doesnt end up that way.

phlysac
04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
I know it's super early and not worth picking nits, but what was your throught process for having the 49ers select a G in round 1?

They've now picked 2 G/C's in 2011 and 2 in 2012.

Experience

Mike Iupati (2)
Daniel Kilgore (1)
Mike Person (1)
Joe Looney (R)
Jason Slowey (R)

I'd hope some of these guys would get an opportunity.

Pat Sims 90
04-29-2012, 07:49 PM
The Bengals have the Raiders 2nd Rounder if they are picking that high.

thebow305
04-29-2012, 08:56 PM
OMG, that is the PERFECT draft for the Miami Dolphins!!!! If we really got Ray Ray in the 2nd, it would be my favorite draft of all time!!! +rep!

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 09:00 PM
The Bengals have the Raiders 2nd Rounder if they are picking that high.

Forgot about that part of the Carson trade. Thanks.

Borat
04-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Greatest mock ever ... and I didn't even look at the picks!

JRTPlaya21
04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Bring me the gun of Rambo!!

akvikefan89
04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
The Vikings only draft Arkansas WRs...

I love how these "way too early" mock complaints are always about the team's records, lol...

keylime_5
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Too bad you'll still have Weeden throwing to him! :lol:

that's not a bad thing until he's like 30-something and his skills start decroding (which unfortunately will be way sooner than normal)

RCAChainGang
04-30-2012, 02:17 AM
To be honest I know nothing of the prospects of next year's draft, but I think CB will be a huge need for the Colts.

fenikz
04-30-2012, 02:47 AM
If we do some how finish under .500 and are in position for Bray I expect the pick would take mere moments to turn in

But realistically I'd guess somewhere around 20 & ILB/OLB would me my preferred selection unless CC leaves as a FA then DE becomes the priority

ChiFan24
04-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I don't think I've watched Washington State play since......the 2002 Rose Bowl?, so I know nothing of Marquess Wilson. But looking at that picture, I feel pretty comfortable saying he won't go in the top 6. Receivers with severe eating disorders don't go that high.

TonyGfortheTD
04-30-2012, 05:48 AM
Never too early for this, either:

22. Chiefs- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Do. not. want.

Smooth Criminal
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Love both Steelers picks. I doubt we'd spend a 2nd on a TE with Miller still around, but I think Stoneburner is great and would really add to the offense. ILB is an obvious need so getting a playmaker in the middle of the defense would really help a unit thats getting older.

The focuses on getting young talent on the lines this draft, the offense is already filled with young playmakers, so as long as they can keep Wallace and Brown long term I expect this draft to be full of linebackers and DBs looking for replacements for 30+ starters Harrison, Foote, Ike, Clark, and Troy.

JPF
04-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Loved the Amerson pick for the Panthers in round 1, now you've added round 2 and we get Hamilton.

LOVING IT!

detroit4life
04-30-2012, 08:07 AM

I am not one to talk about draft spots on a draft that is a year away. However to answer your question:

Lions got better because both of their starting RBs will be back. Their franchise QB just played his first full season of his career (pretty solid performace last year should only get better), Nick Failey won't be hidding on the bench due to nagging injuries and having to play catch up all year, Suh will hopefully mature a little bit coming off a down season, and their leader and best secondary player won't be hurt.

Not sure but getting your 2 best RBs back along with a QB who is only improving and an improved Oline warrants improvement. Not to mention the duo that will be fairley and suh. Obviously there is still questions regarding some of these comebacks (mostly best). But they're one of the youngest teams in the league that was also hit hard by injuries. Improvement should be kind of obvious.

kBuc5
04-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Like the fact the Bucs are picking in the 20s instead sof the top ten, nice early mock!

jojo
04-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Barkley before Wilson, Barrett Jones before D.J. Fluker.

killxswitch
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Barkevious Mingo sounds like one of those fake Madden names in Franchise Mode. I'll look forward to seeing how he does this upcoming season. I hope we don't take a RB in the early 2nd, ever.

OSUGiants17
04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Never too early for this, either:

22. Chiefs- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Do. not. want.
If he continues to progress like he did at the end of last year, especially in the bowl game, he will be a 1st round pick.

Barkley before Wilson, Barrett Jones before D.J. Fluker.

That's your opinion. USC QBs always bust, and Wilson just looks like a better NFL QB. Also, Jones has no true position on the O-Line, he plays all 5 well, but none great while Fluker is a great OT.

keylime_5
04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I could see Wilson going before Barkley. He has better physical tools. It's too early to tell though. Geno Smith is a better pure passer than both, but he also plays in that Texas Tech type offense that inflates QB numbers so drastically, and that will work against his stock.

TonyGfortheTD
04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
If he continues to progress like he did at the end of last year, especially in the bowl game, he will be a 1st round pick.

and yet will still come from a gimmicky offense. Do. Not. Want.

VernonLawson89
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
YAY superbowl champs!

jason96r
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
If the Lions ended up with Gholston and Wort in the 2013 I'd be very very happy.

Avril Suh Fairley Gholston

That would be an awesome DL plus the depth.

Tulloch and Wort at LB would be awesome. Add Levy, who they will probably re-sign, as a good coverage LB and all the young LB's would be awesome.

In the 3rd and beyond they'd probably grab whatever 4.3 CB's are available, perhaps a Safety, and of course OL.

RCAChainGang
05-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I as a Colts fan would love to get some defensive help so Mingo sounds great.

I like the talent of Knile Davis so I wouldn't be upset to see him drafted. I'm really high on him. He is very confident in his blocking and cuts; he doesn't shy away from contact and his blocking looks decent enough from what I have seen.

eaglesalltheway
05-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Really the Eagles biggest need as it looks right now is S (SS in particular) I assume you don't have any that are worth the value where the Eagles are picking? If so I can understand a tackle at this point in time, because Peters' future is somewhat up in the air. I really can't comment on most of the players or how they fit, but right now I'd say S and CB are most likely to be early round picks next year for the Eagles (CB bc DRC isn't signed up long term right now)

prock
05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I think defensive tackle and linebacker will be two HUGE needs for the Vikings next year. The staff didn't seem to think CB is that big of a need this year, but maybe it will be next year. WR is an obvious need, good picks for the Vikings.