eXN5F2xDdBc

WjljPTvR9b8

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Hosely, CB from VT.

I think we have something there.

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Nick Perry, Jerel Worthy or Casey Hayward. I can't decide.

Hines
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
David DeCastro.

HM: Toney Clemons and Alameda Ta'Amu.

Smooth Criminal
04-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Has to be DeCastro. Got a player that should come in a start for a long long time.

TimD
04-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Stephen Hill

1kQWb4NXvJc

therock6000
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Toss up between claiborne and the safety from directional Washington that will be cut 20 minutes into camp...

OSUGiants17
04-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Hosely, CB from VT.

Agreed, kid is a baller and he can be something special. Webster is getting older too and he, Prince and Thomas can be a filthy DB trio when C-Web leaves.

Nalej
04-29-2012, 01:34 PM
D.Hightower.

C.Jones fills the elephant role we've needed for so long BUT DH can play every LB position in the 34 and put his hands in the dirt and play end in nickel.
That's crazy versatility. Can't wait to see BB use it all.

diabsoule
04-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Nick Toon for the Saints. The only pick I didn't outright hate considering who was all on the board when the Saints were picking.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
04-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Luck. meh....

descendency
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm torn between Dont'a Hightower and Chandler Jones. I honestly think it's a tie for me.

If he gets that surgery to remove his head from his rectum, Alfonzo Dennard could be my favorite due to him going in the 7th round but having 2nd round talent.

SuperMcGee
04-29-2012, 02:37 PM
I liked both picks from Florida State, but the top pick is probably my favorite. Gilmore and Williams is a very exciting pair of young corners.

Ness
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM
A.J. Jenkins.

Hurricanes25
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Stephen Hill

1kQWb4NXvJc

Agreed. Now we finally have someone who stretches the field for us. Now it's up to Sanchez or god forbid Tebow to get him the ball.

UKfan
04-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Luck is the obvious one, so aside from him I have to say Chapman in the 5th

SuperPacker
04-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Luck is the obvious one, so aside from him I have to say Chapman in the 5th

I never knew you were a Colts fan UK! It seems weird.

RaiderNation
04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Miles Burris from SDSU, this kid is very underrated and is a great atlete that can really rush the passer.

Also really like Juron Criner from Arizona in the 5th, great fit at WR and will be a good red zone target for Palmer this year.

ConnSKINS26
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Other than the obvious in RG3, value-wise, love Compton in the 6th and Minnefield as an UDFA.

derza222
04-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Agreed. Now we finally have someone who stretches the field for us. Now it's up to Sanchez or god forbid Tebow to get him the ball.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what his presence on the field does, should be a little easier for receivers to create separation.

Value wise I thought Antonio Allen was a nice pick in the 7th. Think he fits what Rex likes out of safeties and he could get some sub package work playing in the box some and play specials early. If he gets comfortable in coverage playing off the line of scrimmage maybe he ends up being more, seems to have some raw aptitude for coverage and is obviously comfortable filling aginst the run. Jets certainly don't have a ton at safety beyond Landry and I'm sure he's going to get injured at some point this season.

UKfan
04-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I never knew you were a Colts fan UK! It seems weird.

You learn something every day. Not many Colts fans around in the UK that I know of, makes me sad heading to Wembley and seeing like three Colts fans all day, I feel like I need to hug my brethren when I see them there!

But really I just started watching around the time Manning and Marvin Harrison were looking amazing and decided to stick with them.

Rosebud
04-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Hosely, CB from VT.

Him or David Wilson. If our OL can be just solid to good at run blocking, I think our backs could go apeshit on the NFL. All 3 are tough runners that don't go down to the first tackler, all 3 can take it to the house and all 3 provide slightly different things, Scott the north/south speed and power, wilson the explosiveness in the passing game and Bradshaw the down to down all around ability and craftiness. Love both of those picks for us.

WCH
04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Nick Perry. Barring a tier-one player inexplicably dropping, Perry was the guy that I wanted for the Packers. I didn't think he'd be there at their pick, and when was, I was thrilled.

He was my favorite pass rusher in the draft, and I'm incredibly happy with the pick.

Brent
04-29-2012, 04:54 PM
slLRq7G0pgw

the more I watch, the more I like him.

Pat Sims 90
04-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Mohamed Sanu. I think he is a perfect match to go along with AJ.

CJSchneider
04-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Nick Toon for the Saints. The only pick I didn't outright hate considering who was all on the board when the Saints were picking.

At least we have a first rounder next year.

wicket
04-29-2012, 05:23 PM

I actually kinda hate the toon pick as well as i dont see how he would work in the saints offense

Nalej
04-29-2012, 05:26 PM

For now :troll:

Monomach
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Alshon Jeffery, as long as the training staff can keep him from ballooning.

Timbathia
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
I dont hate any of the Broncos picks, but none really excite me enough to be called a favorite.

Unbiased
04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Justin Blackmon

Flyboy
04-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Nick Toon.

coordinator0
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
For the Ravens it has to be Courtney Upshaw.. He's a perfect fit for the SLB in their system and they finally have a guy that can get to the QB across from Suggs. That's been lacking since Thomas left.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Peter Konz, but we ****** up pretty hard after him so...

Brent
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.weightloss-plan-review.com/images/jocks.jpg

he should seek advice

Caddy
04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
I wanted Lavonte David and Doug Martin in the 2nd round heading into the draft, so I'm very happy we managed to get both. :D

nepg
04-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Dennard for the Patriots if he plays S.

And I'm actually kind of excited for Wylie with the Chiefs.

DoughBoy
04-29-2012, 06:39 PM
I tried to be creative, but Kendall Wright's tape is really impressive.

VAfy-ya
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Trent Robinson. He was one of the few FS I wanted out of this draft and surprised he lasted until the 6th. Kid has a ton of upside and one of the better instinctive players I saw on the back-end all year.

fenikz
04-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Outside of the obvious Floyd & Massie, I love Justin Bethel there is a 9 minute interview on youtube and I just love his personality. Should be a special teams stud, had 9 blocked FGs in his career & we already have PP & CC as FG blocking aces; gonna be extremely hard to stop all 3 on any given attempt.

vidae
04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
For me it's Dontari Poe and it isn't close. He was my second ranked player for the Chiefs and I was pretty damn ecstatic when he was announced.

Fred Savage
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Ryan Broyles!

I hated it at first, but it grows on me each day.

TheFinisher
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Claiborne is the obvious answer for Dallas, but I like the Danny Coale pick in the 5th. Miles and Dez are going to do their thing on the outside but we really have a need in the slot and I think Coale should have a chance to grab the job.

And then there's the fact that plenty of VaTech/Redskin homers are going to be sick that he's a Cowboy lol, Coale was a fan favorite.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-29-2012, 08:27 PM
I want to see the 4th rounder, A. R. TE out of Cincy, and see how Coach Pope does wit him.

thebow305
04-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I have a tie!

Our Backfield of the Future:

http://media.cleveland.com/browns_impact/photo/10670946-large.jpg

&

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/common/medialib/264/512966.jpg

YAYareaRB
04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
AJ Jenkins. I think he's gonna develop nicely and the kid already has an awesome attitude towards joining the 49ers.

I also like Robinson pick. He should be a nice addition to our ST unit

indyfan1985
04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Its hard to pick a favorite for the Colts. They had many. Best value may be NT Josh Chapman in the 5th. If he is cleared medically, he will be a steal since he could end up being the best NT in this class. I see him as a Casey Hampton type NT.

But I do love the Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen picks at TE and TY Hilton at WR. This gives us TEs similar to what NE offers, and we also have a Desean Jackson type of weapon at WR.

thebow305
04-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I was ecstatic when we took both Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon. We don't draft many Hurricanes, so any time my favorite pro team drafts players from my favorite college team, it's special! Love it!

diabsoule
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM

I actually kinda hate the toon pick as well as i dont see how he would work in the saints offense

I think Toon can be that possession receiver opposite Colston that we've been missing. That means Moore will operate in the slot which is his more natural position. It also means Devery becomes the vertical speed threat at the 4th WR which better fits his skill set.

BeerBaron
04-29-2012, 09:25 PM

This.

We went from no big WRs to two. Each has problems, but I like the potential there. Cutler finally has some jump ball options.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 09:27 PM
This.

We went from no big WRs to two. Each has problems, but I like the potential there. Cutler finally has some jump ball options.

Yeah but now you have absolutely no deep threat either.

scottyboy
04-29-2012, 09:28 PM

for now

#anothersaintsscandaljoke

Nalej
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM

They still have Hester and Knox, no?

BeerBaron
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM

True though I'd argue that we didn't really have one to begin with...a reliable one anyway. We've attempted to throw plenty of deep bombs to Hester and he just doesn't have the feel required to get under it and catch it over the shoulder in stride.

And Knox pretty much just ran comeback routes. For every one he caught running away from the LOS, he caught at least 10 coming back towards it.

Plus...with our o-line...setting up something deep just couldn't happen. Better to have some big outlets anyway.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 09:32 PM
They still have Hester and Knox, no?

lmao (10 char).

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
True though I'd argue that we didn't really have one to begin with...a reliable one anyway. We've attempted to throw plenty of deep bombs to Hester and he just doesn't have the feel required to get under it and catch it over the shoulder in stride.

And Knox pretty much just ran comeback routes. For every one he caught running away from the LOS, he caught at least 10 coming back towards it.

Plus...with our o-line...setting up something deep just couldn't happen. Better to have some big outlets anyway.

Yeah, I'd still like to see a legit seam stretcher on that offense though. You can't survive on 8 yard passes all game long. You need some explosion.

yodabear
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Janoris Jenkins. Love the balls it took our team to take him.

BeerBaron
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'd still like to see a legit seam stretcher on that offense though. You can't survive on 8 yard passes all game long. You need some explosion.

Well, in the last couple years we managed to go 11-5 and 7-3 while Cutler was healthy without having explosion OR consistent ability to complete those 8 yard passes.

Having one instead of neither is definitely an improvement.

brat316
04-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Janoris Jenkins. Love the balls it took our team to take him.

you got swagger or errr bunch of bad ass, mean Dbs there now. Just the way Fisher likes them. Finny, Jenkins, Johnson.

jackalope
04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Love both the Perry and Worthy picks. Both guys that I had as better than the spots we took them in and filled our two biggest needs. Honestly, there weren't any Green Bay picks that I didn't like.

Bert Macklin
04-29-2012, 09:52 PM

He's like if Colston and Moore had a love child.

And this is my favorite pick. He'll boom.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/70/704144.jpg

phlysac
04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Easily Jason Slowey for me. I've never seen so many ragdoll and pancake blocks in one vid. He looks like a real A-hole on the field and that's exactly what I like to see out of interior O-Line prospects...

72-4DGH5-1M

Mufasa
04-29-2012, 10:09 PM

And this is my favorite pick. He'll boom.
I watched a lot of Wisconsin games, and I just don't see it in Toon. I think he's a #4 WR in the NFL. It was crazy when he was talked about as a potential first/early second. In the 4th round it was a fine pick, but I don't expect too much from him.

T-RICH49
04-29-2012, 10:44 PM
it's easy for me to say Dontari Poe and while I do LOVE that pick.Cyrus Gray in the 6th round has to be my favorite pick

keylime_5
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Other than Richardson, I just can't get settled down when thinking about picking Billy Winn in round 6. I don't know why he fell, I thought he would be a 3rd round pick as a DT/DE 'tweener........but I feel like he'll be an impact player that reminds me of 2008 when we took DT Ahtyba Rubin in round 6 - they both have that same tenacity and pedigree that will make them late round steals at the position.

Flyboy
04-29-2012, 11:21 PM
I watched a lot of Wisconsin games, and I just don't see it in Toon. I think he's a #4 WR in the NFL. It was crazy when he was talked about as a potential first/early second. In the 4th round it was a fine pick, but I don't expect too much from him.

Which is exactly how he'll be utilized in our offense...not a lot of pressure for him and hopefully he should be able to win matchups against the opposing teams 4th CB and get open for Brees. If there's one team to not bet against with late round picks, it's the Saints.

Sportsfan486
04-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Jerel Worthy for the Packers.

Nick Perry is close behind and will get more acclaim and stats.. but I stand by this assertion, which I've had since early in the draft process;

If you were to design the perfect 3-4 DE/DT for our primary defensive alignment (which is effectively a 2-4-5) it would be Jerel Worthy.
Cat-like quickness combined with big size and strength. His job will be to penetrate double teams and wreak havoc, which I felt was by far his biggest strength in college. His weakness was getting locked up in blocks in college but as long as his threat draws a double team it's still a win.

Should have been a top 20 pick, absolute crazy value where we got him.

themaninblack
04-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Really hard for me to pick a favorite as I love almost every single pick but I'm gonna go with Devon Still. IDK how he fell that far but I think we got one of the best DTs in this class at great value. Would take him over Worthy in a heartbeat any day of the week.

The best thing about it is that he's probably not gonna be counted on right away and will get to develop whilst playing in a rotation with Domata Peko, Geno Atkins, Pat Sims, and Brandon Thompson(another flat out STEAL). I think he's gonna have a huge chip on his shoulder from teams passing on him and will help make our interior DL one of the most formidable in the league in the coming years.

My HM would have to be my homer UGA pick in Orson Charles(Although I was really stoked with the Sanu pick as well). Him paired alongside Jermaine Gresham, who IMO is due for a huge breakout, is going to be sick and once again we don't even necessarily need him to step in right away. Having Donald Lee on the roster will be a big help for him while he develops his blocking and his presence in the passing game should allow him to see the field early and often. His DUI incident may be a blessing in disguise for this team as I think he's a good kid who made a mistake. I don't expect any off the field problems for him in the future.

ChiFan24
04-30-2012, 03:29 AM

If Knox and Hester are lmao-worthy, why are you hinting that we've somehow lost a deep threat? They were our receivers.

To answer the question, I didn't particularly like any of our picks. Didn't particularly dislike any, either. McClellin is probably my favorite because I think he fits what Lovie wants on the weak side just as well as he would have fit a 3-4. I think he'll do exactly what we've been needing out of that spot.

Bengals78
04-30-2012, 06:44 AM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2156444968/M0SAnu.jpg

irishbucsfan
04-30-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm most excited to see how Barron does, but I wasn't expecting him and rationalised it after he got picked. Lavonte David on the other hand is a guy I was praying we'd get, especially when we traded back into the 2nd, so he's my guy.

jrdrylie
04-30-2012, 08:28 AM
My favorite pick for the Bears was signing James Brown as an UDFA.

A Perfect Score
04-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Courtney Upshaw was one of my dream picks for the Ravens, so naturally I'll say him. Beyond that, I really love the Asa Jackson pick. I think he's got starter potential down the road and you can never have too many good, young CBs. I'd groom him to take over the nickel role and keep Ladarius Webb and Jimmy Smith on the outsides. Really nice looking CB group.

wicket
04-30-2012, 09:09 AM

which means he is blend

tjsunstein
04-30-2012, 10:20 AM
For the Packers, it might be a surprise for me to say this but Mike Daniels DT from Iowa. Moreso than Worthy and Perry. Obviously I dont think he out performs them but he was also great value to me. Or BJ Coleman.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I loved Tampa's draft. I'm obviously a big Schiano fan, and I love his draft. I personally do not view Barron as a guy who is worthy of a top 10 pick, but overall the identity of their draft screams physicality, and that's what Schiano wants to do, he wants to build a physical team. I think the Bucs are going to do very well under him, and I really like the direction they're going in.

BeerBaron
04-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah, the Bucs did well for themselves.

As you said, I don't view Barron as a top 10 talent, but with the weakness of the safety position in the league right now and how big of a need it was for them, it was worth the slight reach. I don't know if he'll ever be an elite playmaker, but solid safety play puts you in the upper tier of teams right now.

Martin is like a slightly lesser Ray Rice...good all around player. They avoid my ire of taking a RB in the first round since it was very late in the round.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Barron is a guy who does everything well but nothing great. He's not going to be a ballhawk back there, but a solid SS who can stuff the run, play in the box, cover TEs in man, and play underneath Cover 3. To me, that's a late 1st round guy, but the demand for safety has really pushed his stock way high.

He'll bring physicality and intellligence to that Bucs defense. It's not a terrible pick.

SenorGato
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Mark Barron is fckin awesome. The next Troy P. if you asked me.

Tossup between Coples and Davis. Coples was a coup and Davis is Bart Scott 2.0...Since Coples is the pass rusher I'll go him.

BeerBaron
04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Mark Barron is fckin awesome. The next Troy P. if you asked me.

Tossup between Coples and Davis. Coples was a coup and Davis is Bart Scott 2.0...Since Coples is the pass rusher I'll go him.

A guy who only works in one particular role in one particular defense and looks like a complete clown when forced to play a more traditional safety role?

SenorGato
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
A guy who only works in one particular role in one particular defense and looks like a complete clown when forced to play a more traditional safety role?

Lol nice...If it helps I was selling him short...Called him a better prospect than Troy P was all trough the process.

Barron's just so fn underrated amongst fans...Guy was the best player in the best defense in the nation, and Kirkpatrick and Jackson owe him something for helping cover their flaws and making them 1sts. My favorite safety prospect in years....by years I mean two years. Think he's a decade starter and a consistent All Pro...extremely high on this player. What everyone thought Landry was when he was drafted...a do it all type.

A Perfect Score
04-30-2012, 02:16 PM

Just when I thought you only cruised these forums to remind me of Cam Cameron's inadequacy...<3

mightytitan9
04-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I think Markelle Martin has all the potential in the world to be a starting safety in the league

Rosebud
04-30-2012, 02:43 PM
*shrug* I think Kirkpatrick ends up the better safety on the NFL level. That kid reminds me so damn much of Antrel Rolle that its eery. Could be one of those guys that can just do it all as a safety, man up slot guys and TEs, come up and stop the run, ballhawk and play deep. Barron makes Tampa more physical and will make some big plays, but I think that man is going to get taken advantage off deep down the field by Brees and Cam for years.

BeerBaron
04-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Kirkpatrick ends up the better safety on the NFL level? That kid reminds me so damn much of Antrel Rolle that its eery. Just one of those guys that can do it all as a safety, man up slot guys and TEs, come up and stop the run, ballhawk and play deep. Barron makes Tampa more physical and will make some big plays, but I think that man is going to get taken advantage off deep down the field by Brees and Cam for years.

Like Rolle, I think they'd be foolish not to try him at corner first. That seems to be the reason he was drafted.

And luckily (I guess luckily?) for the Bengals, they could use help at either spot.

A Perfect Score
04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Kirkpatrick ends up the better safety on the NFL level? That kid reminds me so damn much of Antrel Rolle that its eery. Just one of those guys that can do it all as a safety, man up slot guys and TEs, come up and stop the run, ballhawk and play deep. Barron makes Tampa more physical and will make some big plays, but I think that man is going to get taken advantage off deep down the field by Brees and Cam for years.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Bengals had an absolutely stellar draft and regardless of where they choose to play Kirkpatrick, that's one of the best young defenses in the NFL, period. Their defensive line is absolutely insane.

Rosebud
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Like Rolle, I think they'd be foolish not to try him at corner first. That seems to be the reason he was drafted.

And luckily (I guess luckily?) for the Bengals, they could use help at either spot.

Eh...the Bengals need young corners so for them I'd agree, but in general? I think with the way teams are utilizing TEs and slot guys, versatile safeties are becoming hugely important and guys with that type of ability are almost as rare as awesome corners. How many teams in the NFL have a safety that won't get pushed around, can play deep, can step up and wash out TEs and slot guys one on one and can ballhawk? You're looking at Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Antrel Rolle and not many others that are that good at man'ing up on those inside weapons while still excelling at all of the other things a good safety needs to do.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Bengals had an absolutely stellar draft and regardless of where they choose to play Kirkpatrick, that's one of the best young defenses in the NFL, period. Their defensive line is absolutely insane.

Yeah, I really love what they've been doing. Their going to be amazing in the trenches, have some great weapons offensively, can get after the passer, have a creative and aggressive DC, as long as Tampon keeps surpassing expectations, that team can bring Cincinnatti home a superbowl title.

jojo
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM

The Bengals & as much as it pains me to say it the Eagles had the best 2 drafts that come to mind immediately.

Edit: maybe Tampa, a team that usually dorks it up, did very well this draft also.

BeerBaron
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
The Bengals & as much as it pains me to say it the Eagles had the best 2 drafts that come to mind immediately.

I can think of a good 3-4 Eagles picks that David Stern would have blocked for "competitive balance" reasons.

Rosebud
04-30-2012, 03:03 PM
The Eagles grabbed a lot of guys I like, but still didn't really round out the team. They're still a team that needs Vick to stay healthy and connect early against good teams so that they can attack defensively and not get run over. Good draft but at some point the Eagles need to figure out how to do offense when they're not scoring 30+ yard TDs and how to defend the run.

SenorGato
04-30-2012, 10:01 PM

Yeah at least Rolle was allowed to bomb at CB...Rolle also has 20 pounds on Kirkpatrick.

VernonLawson89
04-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Also forgot to mention Cam Johnson in the 7th

ChiFan24
04-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, the Bucs did well for themselves.

As you said, I don't view Barron as a top 10 talent, but with the weakness of the safety position in the league right now and how big of a need it was for them, it was worth the slight reach. I don't know if he'll ever be an elite playmaker, but solid safety play puts you in the upper tier of teams right now.

Martin is like a slightly lesser Ray Rice...good all around player. They avoid my ire of taking a RB in the first round since it was very late in the round.

I don't understand why the general sentiment is that the Bucs had such a great draft. They passed up the chance to draft an elite corner to trade down for a non elite safety, and then basically used the pick they got to trade back up for a running back. They probably could have taken Claiborne and still picked Martin or David Wilson in the second. I like the Lavonte David pick a lot, but the rest of the draft was meh. Maybe Barron will be the better player in the long run, but I can't condone passing on Claiborne.

prock
04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
It seems that everyone around here is happy with their draft. Strange to see that.

fischbowl
04-30-2012, 11:55 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s4hF8uLmeFY/TLGqUSGAoMI/AAAAAAAAAoA/VxxXYGr5Vws/s1600/potter+3874103_Western_Michigan_v_Rice+copy.jpg

John Potter, like obviously, come on

Matthew Jones
05-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm probably the most excited about Chandler Jones but Dont'a Hightower is the most logical fit in New England's defense. Landing Alfonzo Dennard in the seventh round was nice as well, especially after some questionable moves prior to that.

Vikes99ej
05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Josh Robinson, no idea why. Just a good feeling. Here's hoping for not another Marcus McCauley.

Bobo
05-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Miles Burris from SDSU, this kid is very underrated and is a great atlete that can really rush the passer.

Also really like Juron Criner from Arizona in the 5th, great fit at WR and will be a good red zone target for Palmer this year.

I liked him a lot, wanted the Titans to get him on day 3.

As a player, I like Kendall Wright for the Titans a lot. But as far as what I think is more of a need pick, I love Mike Martin.

Matthew Jones
05-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Josh Robinson, no idea why. Just a good feeling. Here's hoping for not another Marcus McCauley.

I liked that pick as well. If I remember correctly he had the time three-cone time among defensive backs at the Combine.

tjsunstein
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM
It seems that everyone around here is happy with their draft. Strange to see that.

I think people are just trying to find ways to defend their teams draftnrather than liking it.

critesy
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM
im lovin the keenan robinson pick in the 4th rd to be ilb in hasletts 3-4

wogitalia
05-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Have to go Kalil... for the first time since I've been following I feel like we are heading into the season with something better than "Liability" at LT which is a really nice feeling.

On top of that I didn't particularly like any of the other picks other than Childs. Hopefully Smith and Robinson work out but can't say I was a massive fan of either of them. After that we drafted a whole bunch of guys that are just the same as other players we already have and we drafted a K and a FB when we have needs at just about every position on the roster... those are the definition of luxury picks.

I also felt we were far too conservative. When you need starters at most positions I think you need to aim a bit bigger than ST role players...

themaninblack
05-01-2012, 01:52 AM
*shrug* I think Kirkpatrick ends up the better safety on the NFL level. That kid reminds me so damn much of Antrel Rolle that its eery. Could be one of those guys that can just do it all as a safety, man up slot guys and TEs, come up and stop the run, ballhawk and play deep. Barron makes Tampa more physical and will make some big plays, but I think that man is going to get taken advantage off deep down the field by Brees and Cam for years.

FWIW I don't see him moving to Safety at all but he does have some versatility to move around with the way we use our DBs. He's just rail thin and too small to play safety. I think the question marks about his speed are undue and he will do fine covering pretty much whomever gets thrown at him. If anything he reminds me of a young Nate Clements with the way he can attack the ball carrier. He's got more athleticism than Nate does though.

RCAChainGang
05-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Tim Fugger or Josh Chapman

Woody56
05-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Loved a lot of our picks, but just have a great feeling about Demario Davis

http://gifsoup.com/view1/3673312/wrecked-o.gif

Da-Phins
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Ryan Tannehill because I finally have some hope that we may finally have a franchise QB. I did say may.

the_lung
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
David DeCastro.

HM: Alameda Ta'Amu.

Fixored that for you. :beers:

tmljeh19
05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Other then RG3 obviously, it would have to be Alfred Morris the RB from FAU. Dude grew up a Skins fan and is perfect for ZBS running. A one cut and go back with a very physical style. Doesn't have elite speed but has the ability to pull away in the open field. A perfect compliment to Helu. Shanny always gets production out of mid to late round RBs.

Claiborne is the obvious answer for Dallas, but I like the Danny Coale pick in the 5th. Miles and Dez are going to do their thing on the outside but we really have a need in the slot and I think Coale should have a chance to grab the job.

And then there's the fact that plenty of VaTech/Redskin homers are going to be sick that he's a Cowboy lol, Coale was a fan favorite.

The amount of sick Cowboy fans over RG3 VASTLY outweighs the handful of Coale fans lol

Shere Khan
05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Mohamed Sanu. I think he is a perfect match to go along with AJ.

Yeah, I'm thinking either Sanu or Orson Charles.

GoGifGo
05-09-2012, 11:35 AM
For the Titans, the safety out of OSU

superfly69
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Toss up between claiborne and the safety from directional Washington that will be cut 20 minutes into camp...

Actually the safety from directional Washington is pretty good. He's way better then anything the Boys have right now.

Damix
05-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Definitely Randle for the Giants, would have been happy if we took him in the first.