PDA

View Full Version : Player(s) You're Most Excited About On Your Team....

sweetness34
03-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Pretty self explanatory. Name one player on each side of the ball that you can't wait to see this year and give your reasoning. Here's mine:

University of Illinois Fightin' Illini

Offense: Juice Williams/Regis Benn -- I couldn't choose just one so I just took both. From what I've heard Juice has improved a lot from last year, especially with his reads and accuracy. He's got one of the strongest arms in the nation, he's very mobile, and if he can improve in the two areas I mentioned above I think he will do pretty damn good this season. He's just a fun guy to watch play and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this season.

Regis has all the hype, and from what I've heard of him in Spring Practice so far, he's as good as advertised. Great hands, strong, fast, tough, and physical. I believe he can come in right away, start, and make an immediate impact of us. He's got the body already and the skill set to have a very good year and I can't wait to see him put on the pads this season.

Defense: Vontae Davis -- Came out of nowhere last season and took the Big 10 by storm at CB. I had no idea he was going to be this good, but my god. Great size, fast, physical, great in pass coverage, makes great reads, strong against the run, and a very good blitzer. The only thing he lacks is a little consistency but that's going to improve this season. Just a beast on the field. I think I saw maybe one or two games where his play kinda leveled off, but the rest of the time he was all over the place. A potential top 10 pick IMO and a lock down CB in the NFL. Dude's a stud and I can't wait to see him next year. But from what I've heard, he's gotten even better which is flat out scary to even think about. Must run in the family (his brother is Vernon Davis).

Gchu83
03-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Texas:

Offense: Jamaal Charles- Had a great freshman year but had to split carries with Selvin Young last season. Bulked up this summer and spent all offseason on football rather than track. He has great speed and balance, can't wait to see what he can do with a full load.

Defense: Sergio Kindle/Drew Kelson- Both were ranked #1 in the Nation at their positions (LB/S). Kindle has the talent to be better than Derrick Johnson. Kelson moves back to S after playing OLB, should be interesting to see what he can bring to our secondary.

volman88
03-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Rico McCoy-lb
Eric Berry-db
Lamarcus Coker-rb
Would have been demetrice morley-was a soph last year, best player on the team but got kicked off for academics.db

neko4
03-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Erin Henderson LB Maryland

smittyjs
03-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Offense
EB, one of the best WR in the last few seasons, and at the rate he is going he could re write the record books for a SEC WR this season.

Defense
Jonathan Goff, Vandy has been one of the better schools at producing NFL LB's, Goff is the best that we have seen so far.

Back Up
Jared Hawkins, he really fits the spread offense very wells and has break away speed.

RWFender1
03-30-2007, 09:39 AM
offense

CJ Gable - seems like a hard worker and im excited to see how hes improved.
John David Booty - had a tremendous bowl game and cant wait to see how he progress as a QB next year

sorry, i had to name at least 2 on offense. i am also very excited to see joe mcknight but he probably will have limited playing time being a true freshman.

defense

rey mauluga - i expect him to come away with the butkus award and have a great season. brian cushing will also do great

P-L
03-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Mike Hart on offense

Terrence Taylor on defense

Note
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Texas Tech:
O - QB Graham Harrell. He didn't have the season he was expected to in his 1st season. He must get consistent for the full 60 minutes next season.

D - A couple of FR DT.
Colby Whitlock from Noble, OK who was all district & double or triple teamed the last 2 seasons but for some reason, OU wasn't interested. I can't see a reason not to think he won't be a solid Big 12 DT, but apparantly OU does.

Bobby Agoucha who transferred from Houston to Putnam City, OK. He only played 5 games last year due to eligiblity issues from the transfer. He did have 18 tackles & 5 sacks. He has the possibility of being the kind of DT we don't normally get at TX Tech.

constant cough
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
LSU

Richard Murphey - Keiland Williams finished out his true freshman season on a strong note and is primed to be LSU's starter in the backfield. But I've been hearing nothing but praise for redshirt freshman Richard Murphey a slasher who can get to the corner and turn it upfield.

Tyson Jackson - Glenn Dorsey gets all the pub on the Tigers defensive line but junior defensive end Tyson Jackson is primed to explode. I expect to see him play his way into the 1st round.

cardsalltheway
03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
On offense:
Kellen Lewis, QB, Sophmore
Kellen was one of the best freshmen in the NCAA last year and his dual threat style is always exciting to watch. He was the team's MVP and I think he could have a great career in the Big Ten.

James Hardy, WR, Junior
Second best Wide Receiver in the Big Ten and he's always a threat to score with his imposing size. I think he'll finally break into the national spotlight this year since there's finally stability at QB and the entire team maturing as a whole.

On defense:
Tracy Porter, CB, Senior
One of the most underrated players in the Big Ten. He's a top 5 corner and if he gets any kind of passrush help this season, I think he could be very good.

Josh Bailey, BUCK, Sophmore
A great athlete who played running back in high school but now is the BUCK in our 4-2-5. He was a freshman all-american last year and is the leader of this very young defense.

ironman4579
03-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Michigan

Offense-I have to go with Hart. I just love that little guy

Defense-I love Shawn Crable, have to go with him. Also Jamar Adams.

Newbs24
03-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Michigan
Offense - Chad Henne. I think this is gonna be a GREAT year for him. I think 3 guys will have close to or above 60 receptions (MM, AA, GMat). Henne is gonna be big time this year. They are gonna need to score alot and I think he will toss the ball around like we haven't seen before.

Defense - John Thompson and Donovan Warren or Stevie Brown. Johnny is gonna keep the middle strong for our young D. I think he will ease the pain of all the studs leaving this year. I expect close to 100 tackles for him this year. The secondary is gonna be young and I think these 2 young guys are gonna seperate themselves as the 2 best back there. Don will start by the Big 11 opener. He has too much talent to keep him off the field. Steveie will be an All Big 11 S. He makes plays. He is physically ready (was last year too). He is a ball hawk and will put some much needed strength in our defensive backfield. I am interested to see how all the young guys end up on D. I think there will be alot of 3 year starters that come from this defense.

georgiafan
03-30-2007, 12:40 PM
QB Matthew Stafford

DragonFireKai
03-30-2007, 01:42 PM
OSU

Offense: Sean Canfield, Yvenson Bernard, Sammie Stroughter, and Gabe Miller

Defense: Al Afalava, Derrick Doggett

Special Teams: Alexis Serna

Tigers60
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Texas Tech

Offense

Shannon Woods RB

He is a very explosive runner who reminds me a lot of Taurean Henderson but has a more runners approach. He came a few yards short of getting 1,000 last year but he should get it this year. A real threat for opposing teams and should have a great and exciting year.

Defense

Joe Garcia SS

Last year he had to prove himself to everybody because he was filling a big gap left from Dwayne Slay. He came up big in some games making some big hits and playing a huge part of our secondary. I see this year the year he really shows why Texas Tech is known to have hard hitting safetys.

draftguru151
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Offense: Graig Cooper. Came into spring ball and took the #2 spot already, and is tearing up practice. Gonna be a big time playmaker on both offense and in the return game.

Defense: This is hard, but it's Kenny Phillips. Outstanding all around player and can do everything. Might be the #1 CB next season or could be the SS. Gonna be fun to watch. Campbell is a close #2.

YAYareaRB
03-30-2007, 02:35 PM
LSU

-Matt Flynn
-Early Doucet
-Keiland Williams
-Glenn Dorsey

Philliez01
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Offense:

Kenny Britt-WR

With a full year under his belt, I am now eager to see why Britt was a 4-star recruit heading to Rutgers. He's got the size to be at the least, a great redzone player who should emerge as a top WR this year for the Scarlet Knights.

Defense:
Courtney Greene-S

A playmaker who is getting much better with more playing time, as a junior I expect him to be an NFL prospect relatively soon.

MaxV
03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
PSU:

Offense: Austin Scott - finally, this once highly touted recruit, gets a shot to start. I think he will put up good, maybe even great, numbers.

Defense: Maurice Evans - this guy has a shot to be a star DE.

duckseason
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Too many to name. I'm excited about pretty much everybody, but these are probably the top 4.

RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Jeremiah Johnson

RV Patrick Chung
DE Dexter Manley II

FutureScout
03-30-2007, 04:07 PM
QB Matthew Stafford

I know him.

Stephen McGee, Michael Goodson, Danny Gorrer

Michigan
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
im excited to see Henne. I honestly think he has the skillset to leave as the GOAT at Michigan.

Javzz
03-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Offense: Early Doucet

Even though we are primed to be a running team(at least in the beginning of the season), Early will no doubt get his. He's really fast, he's really strong, he can cut on a dime. He absolutely dominated spring practice and spring game(accounted for 9 of the 11 receptions made for his team for 110 or so with a TD. Even had a 40 or so yard punt return when punt returners were down after being touched).

Defense: Tyson Jackson/Darry Beckwith

All I can say is, they're monsters. Our front 7 will be insane.

etk
03-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Offense

Sam Shields, WR - If he gets stronger and improves his overall game, he will be a terrific target. He is already a deep threat and playmaker, so I expect big things.

Defense

Calais Campbell - A lot of guys could go here, as always for Miami. I had to go with Campbell though, because he just keeps getting stronger and more dominant. He could absolutely explode with production.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Keith Payne best Running back in the country, also Chris Long is a pimp.

snuff
03-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Offense: Carson Butler.... I mean uh Mario Manningham.

Defense: Brandon Graham. I really wish he wasn't playing DT though... He would of made a studly LB or DE.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-30-2007, 06:40 PM
D- Carlos Brown, kinda curious
O- Henne, could have a Heisman type year

Pit Bull #53
03-30-2007, 07:02 PM
After reading the praise he just received, I'd say DE Xavier Mitchell for Tennessee. I thought he would have a semi-breakout year, and be our best DE. But our DC said that he has had the best spring of any DE that we've had in a long while. Maybe it's just fluff, but I'm actually used to hearing more negative things than positive out of spring ball. We're gonna need him to step his game up in a big way, too, so hopefully he can.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
FSU

Offense: Xavier Lee
He's never had a fair shake on getting a starting job at QB. He was a very highly touted 5* recruit 3 years ago, and I've had to watch a fatass, slowass, pussyass armed QB start over him. The last few years have been painful! The coaches the past few years were obviously favoring drew, even if he didn't get the job done. Now we have QB guru Jimbo Fisher running our offense, and we all know what he did with another big, mobile, strong-armed QB at LSU. Xavier Lee is even more talented than the aformentioned JaMarcus Russell, and god knows how well he will turn out after Fisher coaches this kid.

Defense: Geno Hayes
I haven't been excited for an FSU season in a long time. Partly, that has to do with the offense, but I'm also excited about this revamped defense. After losing many of our starters to the NFL last season, and due to injury, everyone seems injury free, and much more experienced from last season. Geno Hayes will be the leader of this defense. He's better than Lawrence Timmons, who I was very high on. He was injured much of last season, but this year, he expects to be injury free. Runs a 4.5, 40, and is a sure tackler. Was all over the field for us when he was there. Will be a top 15 pick the year he comes out.

KCJ58
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Arizona St.

Offense - Rudy Carpenter

Colorado

Offense - Bernard Jackson (QB), Dusty Sprague (WR), Hugh Charles (RB)

Defense - Jordon Dizon (LB), Ryan Walters (S)

elway777
03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
O: RoJo,Ausbery,Gable
D:Rey Maualuga,Sed Ellis,Taylor Mays

ironman4579
03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Offense: Carson Butler.... I mean uh Mario Manningham.

Defense: Brandon Graham. I really wish he wasn't playing DT though... He would of made a studly LB or DE.

I have to say, the Brandon Graham thing irritates me as well. One of the top rated LB's out of high school. Showed extremely well at the Army All American game. Get's to Michigan and he's a DE and now a DT? I guess we just have to trust Coach English on this one.

Sniper
03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
You have to trust English. He's the man. Though Graham could see some snaps at LB, which would be sweet

cardsalltheway
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh I forgot to add Marcus Thigpen to my list. The best return man in the NCAA is always exciting to watch.

mtmock
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
USC:
offense:travon patterson/WR
vidal hazleton/WR
marc tyler/RB
Defense:Rey Maualuga/LB
Josh pinkard/DB
Everson griffin/DE

Turtlepower
03-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Arizona State:

Dennis Erickson...Yeah he is not a player, but he is coming in to finally bring this program over the hump so good luck to him.

toonsterwu
03-31-2007, 04:44 AM
Virginia

Offense

The one player I'm most excited about on offense? Tough call ... but as of now, the Cavaliers will likely only go as far as our QB can take us, and in particular, that means with Jameel Sewell at the helm, as breaking in Peter Lalich would make things difficult. Sewell showed good flashes last year, and if he can improve in the passing game, he could be a force. Losing Ogletree hurts, though. Keith Payne is a close 2nd, because the offense may end up leaning on him.

Defense

The easy nod would be to Chris Long, but everyone knows he's good. The nod here is to Jeffrey Fitzgerald. Can he continue to get better, because if so, Fitzgerald/Long could be a nasty tandem, and we potentially have our best NT depth in awhile. The back 7 has enough talent on it to be solid-good if the front 3 play well. A close 2nd would be a NT, perhaps Nate Collins or Nick Jenkins, as we need strong NT play.

elway777
03-31-2007, 04:46 AM
Oh I forgot to add Marcus Thigpen to my list. The best return man in the NCAA is always exciting to watch.

No, that would be Desean Jackson.

Note
03-31-2007, 08:24 AM
FSU

Offense: Xavier Lee
He's never had a fair shake on getting a starting job at QB. He was a very highly touted 5* recruit 3 years ago, and I've had to watch a fatass, slowass, pussyass armed QB start over him. The last few years have been painful! The coaches the past few years were obviously favoring drew, even if he didn't get the job done. Now we have QB guru Jimbo Fisher running our offense, and we all know what he did with another big, mobile, strong-armed QB at LSU. Xavier Lee is even more talented than the aformentioned JaMarcus Russell, and god knows how well he will turn out after Fisher coaches this kid.I'd be interested in seeing him at QB too. He gave TX Tech about 5 minutes of attention during the recruiting process so he peaked my interest. He sure has a lot of physical abilities to offer. Sometimes it is who makes the mental adjustment to college ball the fastest.

I'd be interested in seeing what Xavier Lee can do as a starting QB at FSU.

cardsalltheway
03-31-2007, 09:09 AM
No, that would be Desean Jackson.

Desean is the best punt returner, Marcus is the best kickoff returnman.

Purple N Proud
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
For the Buckeyes I'll pick a couple guys the rest of the nation might not know about but we sure hear about in Columbus.

Ray Small- The kid Ted Ginn Sr. called the most explosive player he's ever coached. More than Teddy? Hard to believe but that's high praise, he could quickly step into Ginn's role from last year and flourish as our deep threat.

Kyle Mitchum- I loved this guy coming out of Pennsylvania as a senior. With Rehring supposedly out of shape and favor, I think he could be in a very active rotation on our interior line. We definitely need someone to step up in there.

On defense I'm excited for Dexter Larimore, the DT, and Robert Rose, the freak DE out of Glenville. I think both will be asked to play this year. They're both young (FR and SO) and I'm willing to bet they are staples on the line for years to come.

And finally Ross Homan. Out of Coldwater everyone was calling him the next A.J. Hawk. If he's even in the ballpark I'll take it. I think it's time he gets thrown into a very deep linebacking corps.

Brent
03-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Texas A&M:

Offense: Martellus Bennett/Mike Goodson
Defense: Chris Harrington/Jordan Peterson

princefielder28
03-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Travis Beckum!!!!! :)

scottyboy
03-31-2007, 01:56 PM
i fully agree with Phillez but i'll add two more for Rutgers
O- (rice is a given so i wont use him!)- mike teel QB, it helps i'm good friends with his cousin, but this will be his 2nd year starting and he developed well with young WRs like Britt and the very speedy Brown. (also a more boring pick is Anthony Davis, he'll love opening up holes for Rice!)

D- Eric Foster. With Meekins gone, he will really have to step up this year. This being his senior season, i think he will have an outstanding year(phillez took my original guy with greene!)

also watch if Freshman LB manny abreu gets some time, he will be something special!

bored of education
03-31-2007, 02:31 PM
two words:

CHRIS WELLS.

That is all.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-31-2007, 02:52 PM
I have to say, the Brandon Graham thing irritates me as well. One of the top rated LB's out of high school. Showed extremely well at the Army All American game. Get's to Michigan and he's a DE and now a DT? I guess we just have to trust Coach English on this one.

I think he is having trouble keeping his weight down.

Purple N Proud
03-31-2007, 03:10 PM
two words:

CHRIS WELLS.

That is all.

O man I know what you're talking about. Beanie is an absolute monster. I can't wait to see him get the full load. I just hope the coaches realize all we wanna see is give the ball to Beanie watch him run some people over. He's got the burst too.

ironman4579
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
I think he is having trouble keeping his weight down.

Yea, I heard that. I thought I saw a quote by Carr that he had come into camp as a freshman at like 280 or so.

Xonraider
03-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Michigan-
Offense- Mike Hart. He is a great running back and I believe he is primed for a huge season.

Defense- Shawn Crable- My favorite player of the defense. He is so athletic and versatile.

Pit Bull #53
03-31-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll also throw in an offensive player since I did only 1 defensive player earlier. A guy who was pretty disappointing last year because of injury problems that I think is gonna regain his form for us is Arian Foster. I expect him to be the starting tailback come fall. He's been the most impressive back for us this spring, and showed up bigger, stronger, and faster than he's been in all his previous years.

yourfavestoner
04-01-2007, 04:58 AM
Percy Harvin. 'Nuff said.

josh07039
04-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Offense-Kenny Britt/Mike Teel/Shamar Graves
Defense-Eric Foster/Manny Abreu/George johnson/Courtney Greene

mikehop05
04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Maryland:

Defense: Erin Henderson, no doubt, he bulked up another 15 or so pounds since the end of the year, he is so athletic and can really pop

Offense: Josh Portis, hopefully he gets the starting role this year and we run a lot of option with him and run more spread formations

Darrius Hayword-Bay, dude can fly and was really comming on at the end of the year as a RS Fresh.

DeathbyStat
04-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Austin Scott

Maurice Evans

Komp
04-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Percy Harvin. 'Nuff said.

I can't wait to see Harvin become an even bigger part of the offense this year, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how they use Deonte Thompson, who has speed, speed, speed and more speed.

I'm excited to see how all the defensive line recruits shape up as well. With the Gators nailing down 4 D-linemen in the top 50 overall prospects [and with the amount of turnover on the DL] there should be a couple of them that will push for playing time right away.

OhioState
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Ohio State:
Offense-
Chris Wells is about to become the man. Maurice Clarrett but faster and stronger. Theis man will be a beast and will dominate the Big Ten and the NCAA next season.

Defense-
James Laurinaitis is someone i am really excited for. Many people were hating on him at the end of the season and calling him so overrated. He was only a sophomore!! He will improve with experience and will become as dominant as any LB in the nation next year.

rainbeaukid2
04-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Cal

offense-desean jackson
-should improve even more than last year with longshore coming along

defense-worrell williams
-has great size and instincts, has more experience now and could take over games now that desmond bishop is gone

TigerBait45
04-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll go with Brandon LaFell and Chad Jones, I suppose.

LaFell should be the #2 guy at LSU this year unless Terrance Toliver plays out of his mind in the fall, and Chad Jones reminds me of LaRon Landry.

Joseph Barksdale really excites me, too. Hes a mountain.

Bengals1690
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
wells and lauranitis. no explanation needed.

dabears10
04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Offense: Golden Tate
It really hasn't been decided where this dynamic freshman will play. He will most likely be out wide and can be featured as a Reggie Bush type of player being able to move around and be used anywhere. I want to see how Charlie will use him. Small chance he is a corner.

Defense: Maurice Crum Jr.
This senior linebacker has been said to be making great strides in practice in the 3-4 and will be a leader on a defense that needs an Identity. Zbikowski is overrated, and with the 3-4 the action and tone needs to be set in the box.

iowatreat54
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Offense:
Albert Young- he will obviously be the center of our offense and hopefully he can repeat and improve his 2005 season after a unlucky 2006 season...I'm predicting 1600 yards and 11 td's...which might be kinda tough when splitting carries like 60/40 with sims

Defense:
Adam Shada- I'm excited to see how fast he can get water bottles to the good defensive players...

seriously though...Kenny Iwebema/Adriam Claybourn(sp?)...just like Young, Iwebema had a really bad/unlucky 2006 season after coming in with All-American promise...hopefully our whole DL dominates this season after a very underachieving 2006 season...also if Iwebema or Mattison can't get the job done, Claybourn is a beast and could be very exciting to watch on an every down basis, not just passing downs

Wildcard:
Cedric Everson- kick/punt returner? maybe not yet but if so...I'm excited to see what he can do

snuff
04-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I cant wait to see RoJo hold down the secondary at Michigan also.

jbooshey
04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
For the Wisconsin Badgers:

Offense: Travis Beckum TE- He was the best receiving TE in the nation last year and I'll be interested to see him develop into a more balanced TE.

John Clay RB- The true frosh that I watched numerous times these last few years is finally on my team...I can't wait to see him in the cardinal and white.

Defense: Elijah Hodge MLB- The new MLB for what should be one of the better defenses in the nation. He used what few time he played last year to produce some solid numbers. He will be an all conference guy soon.

Jack Ikegwuonu CB- My homer pick as a top 3 CB in the nation. I'm looking for him to move up into the 1st round discussions by seasons end. Rumor has it he is being tried as a PR also...I doubt he will be by seasons start.

Michigan
04-02-2007, 06:36 PM

what? (10)

BigDawg819
04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
That Safety by the name of Myron Rolle at Florida State! :D

Ravens1991
04-02-2007, 07:05 PM
University of MD is getting a freshman named Zach Brown, he won the MD state tournament in dominant fashion at the 215 pound weight class, plus won states for 100 and 200 meter sprints at 200+ pounds. Plus a 4.4 40 tim at a high school combine. He is athletic as they come.

snuff
04-02-2007, 07:37 PM
what? (10)

Sarcasm? Check the sig.

elway777
04-02-2007, 08:19 PM

Ha, UM got Warren though. Plus RoJo is playing WR.

Bengals1690
04-03-2007, 09:33 AM
im also excited to see malcom jenkins. and ray small.

504 to ATL
04-05-2007, 02:49 AM
Offense:

Early Doucet. He came on very strong last year, In my opinon surpassing Craig Davis for the second spot at WR. This year the new offensive coordinator Crowton has installed short/quick passes to the flats which get the balls in the hands of playmakers.

He has the ability to break one with very nice moves, plus he is a vertical threat as always.

Richard Murphy. After red-shirting last year he was able to bulk up a bit, now he is a RB in the mode of Dickerson but much faster. He is a load, 6'2" 220+ with great speed and even better moves out of the backfield. In the spring game he broke 2 very long runs.

Honorable Mention is Trindon Holliday. Honestly how can you leave off a guy who runs a 4.2 forty? Especially now since Crowton actually designs plays to utilize his speed and get the ball in his hands anywhere on the field.

Defense:

Tyson Jackson. I dont think any tackle will be able to stop him, only hope to slow him down, and that will never last an entire game. He will be good for a ton of sacks this year.

Darry Beckwith. This guy has finally been moved to MLB, and can show his true talent. Last year as a sophomore he displayed his knack for finding the football, now he will be in better positons to run sideline to sideline. He is a big and fast hungry man.

BigJohn98
04-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Florida State:

Offense:

Xavier Lee- It's time for Lee to solidify his role as the team's starting quarterback. He gives the team a better chance to win than Drew Weatherford.

Antone Smith- He's had an amazing spring practice so far. Now that he will be the lead back, we will have a chance to see what Duece can really do.

Offensive line- Coach Trickett has brought some fire with him from WVU. The offenseive line is kickin ass right now. The running game is far ahead of the passing game. It's time to see this offensive line get nasty and consistant.

Defense:

Paul Griffen- This man is an absolute bull. He and Andre Fluellen will be the anchors of the defensive line.

Marcus Ball- Had a short season last year due to injury. Should come back 100% and continue the tradition of linebackers at FSU.

Myron Rolle- Finished the season last year with an interception, and looking to continue where he left off.

djp
04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Without a doubt, on offense it's Graig Cooper. The kid is absolutely electric and will only get better. Combined with Javarris James, the Canes may have another Portis-McGahee combo.

Defense was easier then offense. Calais Campbell is going to be absolutely nutty next year. 6'8'' with a 4.5 40 is unheard of in college ball, and he has become the leader of the defense. A close second was Colin McCarthy, simply because I have been hearing such good things about him. KP never came to mind, I was already excited for him last year, I don't think he can get much better than he is already. I just hope he makes the right decision on whether to go pro after this year.

djp
04-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Florida State:

Offense:

Xavier Lee- It's time for Lee to solidify his role as the team's starting quarterback. He gives the team a better chance to win than Drew Weatherford.

Antone Smith- He's had an amazing spring practice so far. Now that he will be the lead back, we will have a chance to see what Duece can really do.

Offensive line- Coach Trickett has brought some fire with him from WVU. The offenseive line is kickin ass right now. The running game is far ahead of the passing game. It's time to see this offensive line get nasty and consistant.

Defense:

Paul Griffen- This man is an absolute bull. He and Andre Fluellen will be the anchors of the defensive line.

Marcus Ball- Had a short season last year due to injury. Should come back 100% and continue the tradition of linebackers at FSU.

Myron Rolle- Finished the season last year with an interception, and looking to continue where he left off.

Florida State does not have a 10-win quarterback on their roster right now. I can't see how anyone can get excited over X-Man when he has had one good game in his college career.

draftguru151
04-10-2007, 11:25 PM
McCarthy looked great in the spring game. I really think he will be the starting MLB next year.

SuperKevin
04-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Living in SoCal the last two years I've become more interested in UCLA/USC football and I have to say Al Verner is one of the most intriguing players I've seen. I'm interested to see how he does this year now that he's no longer a well kept secret.

mikehop05
04-11-2007, 12:59 AM
University of MD is getting a freshman named Zach Brown, he won the MD state tournament in dominant fashion at the 215 pound weight class, plus won states for 100 and 200 meter sprints at 200+ pounds. Plus a 4.4 40 tim at a high school combine. He is athletic as they come.

what position?

elway777
04-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Everson Griffen=future top 10 pick

BigJohn98
04-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Florida State does not have a 10-win quarterback on their roster right now. I can't see how anyone can get excited over X-Man when he has had one good game in his college career.

X has been having an awesome spring. He just recently made an amazing play where he scrambled out of the pocket and connect with a reciever in the back of the endzone for a 30 yard td thrown across his body. I'd take our two quarterbacks or Wright and Freeman anyday.

themaninblack
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Georgia(other than stafford):
Offense
Mikey Henderson- outstanding speed, great kr/pr, can't wait to see him play WR this year.
Knowshon Moreno- could get some decent PT this year, has plenty of talent and had 2 tds in the spring game.
Defense-
Akheem Dent- had a great spring, dont know how much PT he will get but hes a player.
Kelin Johnson- on the lott trophy watch list, should have a big year.
Asher Allen- got significant PT as a frosh, huge potential.

djp
04-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Never said that Miami's quarterbacks were any good, although I think Kyle Wright has the most talent out of the two schools. Right now, I think we can both agree that Miami and FSU's quarterbacks are just bad.

Giantsfan1080
04-12-2007, 12:39 AM
For Rutgers, Courtney Greene, Ray Rice, and Manny Abreu. I'm not sure if Abreu will be playing that much or not considering he'll be a freshman.

scottyboy
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
giants fan- throw Kenny Britt into that mix. the kid's got talent!

and i doubt abreu will play much, right now schiano is trying to get the upperclassmen to start at LB. But with only one returning starter at LB, he's got a chance

Giantsfan1080
04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
giants fan- throw Kenny Britt into that mix. the kid's got talent!

and i doubt abreu will play much, right now schiano is trying to get the upperclassmen to start at LB. But with only one returning starter at LB, he's got a chance

Holy Crap. I have no idea how I forgot Britt. I've been saying for 2 years now he's going to turn into a stud. I really can't believe I forgot him.

scottyboy
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Holy Crap. I have no idea how I forgot Britt. I've been saying for 2 years now he's going to turn into a stud. I really can't believe I forgot him.

lol even the best of us have brain farts! :)

he's got great size and speed. He and brown will be pretty fun to watch

draftguru151
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
X has been having an awesome spring. He just recently made an amazing play where he scrambled out of the pocket and connect with a reciever in the back of the endzone for a 30 yard td thrown across his body. I'd take our two quarterbacks or Wright and Freeman anyday.

Miami's QB sucking don't make FSU's any better.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Miami's QB sucking don't make FSU's any better.

It'll make them look better when Miami's throw 3 picks, and FSU's come away with that W.

asmitty45
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Michigan State

Offense:
Javon Ringer - Because he's sick and will keep state in games

Defense:
SirDarean Adams - Because he will leave Wolverines in his wake...on our way to a loss

art vandelay
04-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Syracuse -

Uhhhhhhhh Mike Williams and Taj Smith? Most of all I would have to say Delone Carter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwFntQnWeEQ - Watch this incredibly sick video of Delone Carter

Yeah...anyone else see MJD V2?