PDA

View Full Version : NFLPA should kick Scott Fujita off of It's executive committee

bigbuc
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
The guy was one of the main members of the team putting money in the bounty system, the league says he put in a " significant amount " of money. How can the NFLPA now have someone who's been found guilty of this sit and represent a majority of the players in the league? When it comes down to it Fujita should have been the first one telling his team this isn't right. If I was a player in the NFL I would ask the PA to drop him right away...

jojo
05-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I agree -- boot him off.

WCH
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
The NFLPA is in a tough spot. They have to defend the suspended players while also sending a clear message that this type of behavior is not okay. Booting Fujita from the executive committee might be a convenient way to accomplish that.

CJSchneider
05-03-2012, 08:59 PM
If he had any integrity he would step down.....oh, wait.

Abaddon
05-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Can't defend a guy's rights and fire him. Doesn't work that way

Lil Quip
05-04-2012, 03:35 AM
I agree he needs to step down immediately. Staying on, despite public out cry, is blatant hypocrisy. The nfl is in it to make money, so they are in a perennially in the trade off of how much to support player safety. However the union is to protect the labor force. You are are trying to protect the rights of fujita over the players that had bounties on them??? When it comes down to it, both are about control. Unions are about protecting their constituents, not protecting workers. Funnily enough this has some nice parallels to political economy in the broader sense.

StickSkills
05-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Can't defend a guy's rights and fire him. Doesn't work that way

What are you talking about? Penn State fired Curley and Schultz but paid for their legal counsel.