PDA

View Full Version : NFLN Top 100 Players

BigBanger
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
NFL Networks 2nd annual Top 100 players in the NFL voted on by the players.

100. Chris Johnson, RB, Titans
99. Ryan Kalil, C, Panthers
98. Willis McGahee, RB, Broncos
97. Donald Penn, LT, Buccaneers
96. D'Qwell Jackson, MLB, Browns
95. Tim Tebow, QB, Jets
94. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks
93. Cortlan Finnegan, CB, Rams
92. John Kuhn, FB, Packers
91. Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys

90. Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants
89. Dwight Feeney, DE, Colts
88. Michael Turner, RB, Falcons
87. London Fletcher, ILB, Redskins
86. Darren Sproles, RB, Saints
85. NaVorro Bowman, ILB, 49ers
84. Chris Long, DE, Rams
83. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills
82. Joe Thomas, LT, Browns
81. Vince Wilfork, NT, Patriots

80. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
79. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Eagles
78. Derrick Johnson, ILB, Chiefs
77. AJ Green, WR, Bengals
76. Carl Nicks, OG, Buccaneers
75. Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys
74. Joe Flacco, QB, Ravens
73. Jonathan Joseph, CB, Texans
72. Lance Briggs, OLB, Bears
71. DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles

70. Mike Vick, QB, Eagles
69. Carlos Rodgers, CB, 49ers
68. Elvis Dumervil, DE, Broncos
67. Joe Staley, LT, 49ers
66. Earl Thomas, FS, Seahawks
65. Roddy White, WR, Falcons
64. Logan Mankins, OG, Patriots
63. LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Steelers
62. Justin Tuck, DE, Giants
61. Phillip Rivers, QB, Chargers

60. Darren McFadden, RB, Raiders
59. Jake Long, LT, Dolphins
58. Jonathan Vilma, MLB, Saints
57. Trent Cole, DE, Eagles
56. Greg Jennings, WR, Packers
55. Patrick Peterson, CB, Cardinals
54. Brian Cushing, ILB, Texans
53. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons
52. Von Miller, OLB, Broncos
51. Brian Urlacher, MLB, Bears

50. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos
49. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers
48. Devin Hester, WR/ST, Bears
47. Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers
46. Champ Bailey, CB, Broncos
45. Vonta Leach, FB, Ravens
44. Jason Babin, DE, Eagles
43. Veron Davis, TE, 49ers
42. Jason Peters, OT, Eagles
41. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions

40. Cam Newton, QB, Panthers
39. Victor Cruz, WR, Giants
38. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Lions
37. Steven Jackson, RB, Rams
36. Charles Woodson, CB, Packers
35. Steve Smith, WR, Panthers
34. Tamba Hali, OLB, Chiefs
33. Matt Forte, RB, Bears
32. Jahri Evans, OG, Saints
31. Eli Manning, QB, Giants

30. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers
29. James Harrison, OLB, Steelers
28. Frank Gore, RB, 49ers
27. Clay Matthews, OLB, Packers
26. Julius Peppers, DE, Bears
25. Arian Foster, RB, Texans
24. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, Giants
23. Wes Welker, WR, Patriots
22. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens
21. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots

20. Ray Lewis, ILB, Ravens
19. Troy Polamalu, SS, Steelers
18. LeSean McCoy, RB, Eagles
17. Justin Smith, DE, 49ers
16. Ed Reed, FS, Ravens
15. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans
14. Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints
13. Jared Allen, DE, Vikings
12. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jaguars
11. Terrell Suggs, OLB, Ravens

10. Patrick Willis, ILB, 49ers
9. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
6. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Cowboys
5. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
4. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
3. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
2. Drew Brees, QB, Saints
1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers

cmarq83
05-03-2012, 09:17 PM
And let Tebow hate commence in 5.....4.....3......2.......1

BigBanger
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Kuhn should not be on the list. If that's the case, then the kickers and punters from the Raiders and 49ers should make the top 20. Donald Penn was terrible last year. He should not be on the list. McGahee? I don't like it even though he's coming off a good season. I'm not even going to get into Tebow. He sucks.

Joe Thomas and Vince Wilfork are way too low. That's pathetic. Freeney went from 15th last year to 89th this year. Probably too much of a drop. So far I'm not a very big fan of this list. I think it might be worse than last years list.

jrdrylie
05-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah, Kuhn had less than 100 yards rushing total last year. How on Earth is he above Chris Johnson and Marshawn Lynch?

WCH
05-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah, Kuhn had less than 100 yards rushing total last year. How on Earth is he above Chris Johnson and Marshawn Lynch?

His name rhymes with "Boooooooo!" and therefore he's great. That, like, the first rule of NFL fandom.

Caddy
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Kuhn should not be on the list. If that's the case, then the kickers and punters from the Raiders and 49ers should make the top 20. Donald Penn was terrible last year. He should not be on the list. McGahee? I don't like it even though he's coming off a good season. I'm not even going to get into Tebow. He sucks.

Joe Thomas and Vince Wilfork are way too low. That's pathetic. Freeney went from 15th last year to 89th this year. Probably too much of a drop. So far I'm not a very big fan of this list. I think it might be worse than last years list.

Penn was far from horrible. Maybe not top 100 worthy, but he was still a great left tackle.

TACKLE
05-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Penn was far from horrible. Maybe not top 100 worthy, but he was still a great left tackle.

Donald Penn is not a great LT.

Matthew Jones
05-03-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm with you on that but I expect him to be better this season than last because of the focus on running the ball; last season the Buccaneers got too pass-happy and didn't play to Penn's strengths as a run blocker.

Mufasa
05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm not saying he should be in the top 100, but he's not supposed to be a ball carrier, so that's poor reasoning.

The fact that he's a fullback is enough to keep him out. There are at least 300 players I'd take before a FB, and I value the position more than most.

He's more of a run blocker, but he's still a very good left tackle. If he played the right side he'd be the best RT in the game.

keylime_5
05-03-2012, 10:11 PM
why is the best LT in the game in the 80s? wasn't he like in the 40s last year?

I have no problem with Tebow being ranked. He was a great football player last year, though not even a marginally good QB. Definitely a unique player in that regard.

Mufasa
05-03-2012, 10:13 PM
why is the best LT in the game in the 80s? wasn't he like in the 40s last year?

I have no problem with Tebow being ranked. He was a great football player last year, though not even a marginally good QB. Definitely a unique player in that regard.

Yeah, Thomas that low is crazy. Might be an indication that there's only one more tackle in the top 100 too (Jake Long obviously, though I'd have him below Thomas).

And I can see that with Tebow. If you made a list of top QBs he wouldn't sniff the top 20, but top football players I suppose you can make a case.

Rabscuttle
05-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Must be an assload of quarterbacks on that list considering no. 95.

VernonLawson89
05-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Bowman!

Bowman & Willis

Best ILB tandem in the NFL

Bert Macklin
05-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Chris Long

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/252/262/89e.gif

XxXdragonXxX
05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Despite the fact that a Seahawk made the list for the first time in a while...

This list is terrible so far.

Tim Tebow???? REALLY? He's at least 100 spots to high.

Caddy
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM

If you choose to believe that is the case that is fine, but from watching him every game the last few years, he is more than capable. He has shut down the plenty of great pass rushers including Jared Allen and John Abraham on multiple occasions. He is definitely an above average LT and deserves strong consideration as a top 10 player at his position.

Lil Quip
05-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Thomas is way too low. I think being on cleveland hurts him. Plus he is in a weird spot that he will probably get pb nods for the rest of his career. Beyond that, I don't think people want to put in too much work to find out just how good he is. In addition, it seems like jason peters is the flavor of the moment lt wise. I don't discount his talent, but is he really that much better than when he was on the bills? In additio, if the pats has thomas instead of mankins, thomas would be a whole bunch higher.

On wilfork, he is in a weird spot. He is recognized as a top talent, but he just goes so many places, especially ones that don't lend themselves to accolades for lists like this. For example, he normally plays nt in a non stunting non one gap system. Against miami, he gets moved in front of jake long, to negate their best o line talent.

The Alex
05-04-2012, 04:53 AM
95. Tim Tebow, QB, Jets

http://i39.tinypic.com/b7kmr7.jpg

Seriously though, this list means absolutely nothing to me and doesn't hold a shred of credibility. I love Chris Johnson but I don't really care for his thoughts about the top players in the league because I'm pretty sure the guy has mental problems. Just because someone can dominate a sport doesn't mean they know a thing about player evaluation. You want proof? Michael Jordan.

Bucs147
05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
BigBanger is right, Penn was terrible last year during the 10-games losing streak. He was way better in 2010 and didn't make the list. Shoud have made it last year, but there's no way he was a top 100 player in 2011.

WCH
05-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Kuhn is another guy who's been called a "Great Football Player." I don't know what's special about "Great Football Players" or what separates them from the other guys who are only great football players, but there ya go...

Neither guy (Kuhn or Tebow) should be anywhere in the top-100.

K Train
05-04-2012, 09:19 AM
CANT WAIT to see ray lewis in the top 5 again, just retardeness

NorrinRadd12
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Penn might have the biggest range of effectiveness in the league. He's had games where he's killed Ware, Suggs, Peppers, Osi and Allen, then he'll have games where some no name wreaks havoc on him. 2007-2009 he was one of the most underrated players in the game and I guess he's getting his due now.

Damix
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM
I am interested in seeing where JPP falls.

K Train
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Penn might have the biggest range of effectiveness in the league. He's had games where he's killed Ware, Suggs, Peppers, Osi and Allen, then he'll have games where some no name wreaks havoc on him. 2007-2009 he was one of the most underrated players in the game and I guess he's getting his due now.

we call that max starks syndrome. Takes ware, merriman, peppers, allen to school.

then gets his lunch money taken by guys that should have a minimal impact

bigbluedefense
05-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Nicks is a boss. I love what Adrian Wilson said. He is probably top 2 or 3 in the league in regards to catching radius. One of the things I loved so much about Nicks when I scouted him coming out of college was how he'd time his jumps perfectly, box out, and just snatch the ball out of the air like a vacuum. I thought he was eerily similar to Fitzgerald in that regard, and if you pay close attention, you'll see that him and Fitz are very close in how they are so good in doing that.

I see alot of Michael Irvin in Nicks. He's going to be a very good WR in this league.

49erNation85
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
tebow earned his spot in the top 100 as a complete football player, not QB!! That is what the top 100 is about . Not being a great Qb just a great player all around. Stop the hate.

Giantsfan1080
05-04-2012, 11:49 AM
tebow earned his spot in the top 100 as a complete football player, not QB!! That is what the top 100 is about . Not being a great Qb just a great player all around. Stop the hate.

Eli wasn't on the list last year and he's a million times the player Tebow is or ever will be. I don't want to hear it.

BigBanger
05-07-2012, 04:29 AM

Only 10 offensive linemen made the list. He was underrated going into the season then disappointed last year. He was a fringe top 10 linemen going into the season. After the worst season he's had in several years?

Thomas
Long
Kalil
Evans
Mangold
Roos
Nicks
Myers
Peters
Gross
Brown
Pouncey
Mack
Yanda

I like Penn and don't want to sound like I'm bashing him, but if only 10 linemen are making it, then he should not be on the list. I actually don't have an issue with him making the top 100. I also don't know how 17 RBs made the list.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-07-2012, 04:47 AM

Generally I like a QB who can throw the ball but to each his own I suppose.

Caddy
05-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Only 10 offensive linemen made the list. He was underrated going into the season then disappointed last year. He was a fringe top 10 linemen going into the season. After the worst season he's had in several years?

Thomas
Long
Kalil
Evans
Mangold
Roos
Nicks
Myers
Peters
Gross
Brown
Pouncey
Mack
Yanda

I like Penn and don't want to sound like I'm bashing him, but if only 10 linemen are making it, then he should not be on the list. I actually don't have an issue with him making the top 100. I also don't know how 17 RBs made the list.

I don't think it's bashing him to suggest he isn't a top 10 lineman. You have to be pretty damn awesome to be a top 10 lineman in the NFL!

Halsey
05-07-2012, 06:54 AM
The NFL top 100 serves no other purpose other than to give fans something to talk about. How the hell do you argue who is a better football player between an offensive guard and a safety. Two totally different jobs. Seriously, is the best long snapper in the league a better football player than the 27th best TE? Answer: who ******* cares.

Iamcanadian
05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
The NFL top 100 serves no other purpose other than to give fans something to talk about. How the hell do you argue who is a better football player between an offensive guard and a safety. Two totally different jobs. Seriously, is the best long snapper in the league a better football player than the 27th best TE? Answer: who ******* cares.

I agree completely. the NFL likes to run these lists all through the off season for cheap publicity and to keep the NFL on the sport pages and in the media.
They know these lists are absolutely meaningless but who cares, they certainly don't.

Token
05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
70. Mike Vick QB
69. Carlos Rodgers CB
68. Elvis Dumervil DE
67. Joe Staley OL
66. Earl Thomas S
65. Roddy White WR
64. Logan Mankins OL
63. Lamarr Woodley LB
62. Justin Tuck DE
61. Phillip Rivers QB

There's 70-61 if anyone's interested, accidentally posted it in the PFF thread earlier.

BigBanger
05-25-2012, 03:20 PM
NFL Networks 2nd annual Top 100 players in the NFL voted on by the players.

100. Chris Johnson, RB, Titans
99. Ryan Kalil, C, Panthers
98. Willis McGahee, RB, Broncos
97. Donald Penn, LT, Buccaneers
96. D'Qwell Jackson, MLB, Browns
95. Tim Tebow, QB, Jets
94. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks
93. Cortlan Finnegan, CB, Rams
92. John Kuhn, FB, Packers
91. Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys

90. Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants
89. Dwight Feeney, DE, Colts
88. Michael Turner, RB, Falcons
87. London Fletcher, ILB, Redskins
86. Darren Sproles, RB, Saints
85. NaVorro Bowman, ILB, 49ers
84. Chris Long, DE, Rams
83. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills
82. Joe Thomas, LT, Browns
81. Vince Wilfork, NT, Patriots

80. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers
79. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Eagles
78. Derrick Johnson, ILB, Chiefs
77. AJ Green, WR, Bengals
76. Carl Nicks, OG, Buccaneers
75. Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys
74. Joe Flacco, QB, Ravens
73. Jonathan Joseph, CB, Texans
72. Lance Briggs, OLB, Bears
71. DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles

70. Mike Vick, QB, Eagles
69. Carlos Rodgers, CB, 49ers
68. Elvis Dumervil, DE, Broncos
67. Joe Staley, LT, 49ers
66. Earl Thomas, FS, Seahawks
65. Roddy White, WR, Falcons
64. Logan Mankins, OG, Patriots
63. LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Steelers
62. Justin Tuck, DE, Giants
61. Phillip Rivers, QB, Chargers

60. Darren McFadden, RB, Raiders
59. Jake Long, LT, Dolphins
58. Jonathan Vilma, MLB, Saints
57. Trent Cole, DE, Eagles
56. Greg Jennings, WR, Packers
55. Patrick Peterson, CB, Cardinals
54. Brian Cushing, ILB, Texans
53. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons
52. Von Miller, OLB, Broncos
51. Brian Urlacher, MLB, Bears

To be continued...

The Bottom 50 are up...

Joe Flacco at #74 and Tony Romo at #91. Flip flop these two players and put Romo in Baltimore and Flacco in Dallas. If you think for a second that Flacco would look half as good as Romo has while in Dallas, then you are out of your mind. Joe Flacco ******* sucks. He holds the Ravens back on a yearly basis. To this day, he has done nothing to be considered a Top 10 QB in the NFL. He's rode the coat tails of a disgustingly vaunted defense that probably holds 4 future Hall of Fame players on it. He's also had the luxury of a really good - to well above average offensive line, and a RB that can pound the rock and catch passes out of the backfield. He's had everything at his disposal. He should have been playing in the last two Super Bowls. His defense and offensive lines were that good. The only reason why the Ravens haven’t been in the Super Bowl: Joe Flacco.

The Ravens bring him even more weapons over the past two years by going out of their way to bring in WRs (Boldin, Evens, Smith) and TEs (Dickson, Pitta) to surround him with as much talent as humanly possible, and he's still a one-and-done playoff QB. That's what he is. He's way too inconsistent to be a winner in the playoffs. You have to hope that he plays a stretch of games come playoff time that's good enough for them to get a couple wins, and still cross your fingers that the defense plays lights-out every single time they step on the field. Yet he can't seem to do that despite everything around him.

Flacco plays a good defense in last years playoffs and they win because they went up against a rookie QB (Texans). Even though he plays like dogshit, they still win. It’s the luxury of having a great defense to hold you up and an offensive line / running game you can rely on when completing 14 of 27 passes. Then he plays a historically bad pass defense (Patriots) and they lose because he can't put up more than 20 measly points against a defense that gave up the most pass yards in NFL history.

Yet people will say, "He played well against the Patriots in the playoffs. It wasn‘t his fault they lost." Everybody played well against the Patriots last year. Every QB did. He played mediocre football against them. For once, beat a team, beat a QB that you aren’t favored to beat. Just do it once. Outplay someone that‘s any good… just one time.

The Patriots defense sucked and they had no business winning that game. But the Patriots QB is so infinitely better than the Ravens QB, that it allowed them to win. For the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can like Joe Flacco. To even like him. How do you lose a playoff game where Brady doesn't throw a TD, he throws 2 INTs and has the support of one of the worst pass defenses in the history of the NFL? And you had a 4th QT lead? And you manage to score ZERO points in the 4th QT? Because you decide it's a good time to throw the ball directly to Brandon Spikes. Yet people will try to blame Lee Evens or a missed FG when they only had the opportunity to get the ball back because of Ed Reed and their defense. Flacco has pissed away more opportunities in his first 4 years in the NFL than Tony Romo may ever get in his entire career. Flacco is nothing but a lot of potential that can’t seem to solidify himself amongst the 3rd tier QBs.

This guy is better than Romo? Romo throws for over 4,000 yards, 31 TDs and 10 INTs with a 102 QB Rating in, basically, 15 games. Romo has to play out of his mind for an 8 win season. Flacco plays average football and manages to take a division winner to the Championship game. And he's gaining respect from opposing players? Anyway, that's my yearly Joe Flacco rant. ******* hate the guy.

Surprises from the rest of the list... DeSean Jackson? He might be the most underserving along with Tim Tebow, but with McFadden at #60, I guess the players are ranking really talented guys high, and not really caring about much else... like production, or if a player even cares about playing football. That's why Mike Vick must rank at #70: talent. Since he's had 1 season in his entire NFL career that even resembled that of a legitimate NFL QB, he must rank high based on that 1 season and his talent. Yet he's higher than Tony Romo? Because he's can run and make some highlight plays from time-to-time? His 2010 season gave me hope he was finally going to turn into an elite, or borderline elite QB. After last season, I don't know if I even care what he turns into. How he ranks close to Philip Rivers, I don't know. And Rivers probably deserves to rank where he is after last seasons horrendous outing.

Jake Long's injuries certainly dropped him, but like Joe Thomas, way too much. Both those guys should be insulted. As well as Carl Nicks. They are Top 25 players.

Roddy White is overrated. Simply put. Wes Welker gets a ton of **** for not be a vertical threat. What does Roddy White do all game long other than catch passes short of 10 yards? Do it from the outside? He's not a playmaker anymore. He started losing that ability last season. With Julio Jones emerging, it's even readily more apparent that White is nothing but a possession receiver who hasn't done anything in the playoffs. He's not an elite player or even close to an elite #1. He might be one of the best #2 options there is. His best days are already behind him. Jordy Nelson, AJ Green and Hakeem Nicks are much better players than Roddy White. I'll also take Austin Miles, who probably wont make the list way ahead of Roddy White.

I'm not surprised Patrick Peterson made the list, but the fact that he's ranked so close to Von Miller and so high... it makes me wonder how high Aldon Smith will rank. He surely has to rank close to both those guys. Aldon Smith in the Top 50 would be way too high. Miller and Peterson were both too high (Miller to a lesser degree). There are about 15 really good CBs in the NFL right now. A lot are going to be left off the list, and a lot are much better players than Patrick Peterson, who will, relatively soon, wind up as probably being one of the better CBs in the NFL.

I'm happy to see Justin Tuck maintain his ranking despite the injury plagued-down season he had. He's one of the elite players in the game. Also happy to see Trent Cole make a meaningful rise up. He's a great player that's still underrated (see how much higher Jason Babin will rank, and it will further prove how underrated he is when he's significantly better than Babin.). And LaMarr Woodley. Woodley was on a tear last year and looked the best he ever has. He's closed the gap between him and Harrison the last two years and he's becoming one of the elite OLBs in the game. If he was healthy all season long, I think he would have been in the discussion for DPOY.

I also like the high rankings of Joe Staley, Earl Thoms, Carlos Rogers and Jonathan Joseph.

Bulldogs
05-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Not a huge fan of the list this year. You highlighted some of the reasons why. It gets attention though and that's all the NFL cares about.

VAfy-ya
05-25-2012, 03:37 PM
@BigBanger

I dont see Aldon making the list. He's not a starter and I think they will hold it against him. If he was on the list, I dont see him being ranked ahead of Miller. PP being ranked in the 50's is a joke in itself.

Ness
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Joe Flacco at #74 and Tony Romo at #91. Flip flop these two players and put Romo in Baltimore and Flacco in Dallas. If you think for a second that Flacco would look half as good as Romo has while in Dallas, then you are out of your mind. Joe Flacco ******* sucks. He holds the Ravens back on a yearly basis. To this day, he has done nothing to be considered a Top 10 QB in the NFL. He's rode the coat tails of a disgustingly vaunted defense that probably holds 4 future Hall of Fame players on it. He's also had the luxury of a really good - to well above average offensive line, and a RB that can pound the rock and catch passes out of the backfield. He's had everything at his disposal. He should have been playing in the last two Super Bowls. His defense and offensive lines were that good. The only reason why the Ravens haven’t been in the Super Bowl: Joe Flacco.

I'm not a big Flacco fan, but he doesn't "*******" suck. There are far worse options you can have than Flacco. He's decent. The Ravens have actually been down that road having journeyman quarterback after journeyman quarterback. The Ravens have made the playoffs every single year since Flacco has been the quarterback. And he's played pretty well. He's not a megastar, but he's not terrible. He's decent, like I said. He's a dropped pass in the AFC Championship and a missed field goal from potentially playing in the Super Bowl. In a game where Tom Brady played like garbage on the other end. And the year before you can thank Ray Rice for fumbling against the Steelers and Boldin and Houshmandzadeh dropping crucial passes. Having Cam Cameron as your offensive coordinator doesn't help his cause either. Really, he's not that bad. Probably not a top ten QB, but you don't necessarily need one to win a championship, let alone get to the Super Bowl.

bearfan
05-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Eagles fans, let us all know how you feel about Trent Cole being rated lower than a 2nd year CB, Patrick Peterson

Bixby (Thumper)
05-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Eagles fans, let us all know how you feel about Trent Cole being rated lower than a 2nd year CB, Patrick Peterson

I don't really care where the NFL Network ranks him. They have Tim Tebow in the top 100 so it pretty much invalidates the entire thing.

SickwithIt1010
05-25-2012, 05:08 PM
The fact that they are going to rank Babin ahead of Cole is a huge mistake. Babin is a one trick pony and the fact he racked up as many sacks as he did last year was amazing to me. Trent Cole is one of the most complete ends in the game. Hes getting hosed, but like Bixby said...Tebow making this ****** thing makes it a joke already so.

Ravens1991
05-25-2012, 05:14 PM
The Bottom 50 are up...

The Ravens bring him even more weapons over the past two years by going out of their way to bring in WRs (Boldin, Evens, Smith) and TEs (Dickson, Pitta) to surround him with as much talent as humanly possible, and he's still a one-and-done playoff QB. That's what he is. He's way too inconsistent to be a winner in the playoffs. You have to hope that he plays a stretch of games come playoff time that's good enough for them to get a couple wins, and still cross your fingers that the defense plays lights-out every single time they step on the field. Yet he can't seem to do that despite everything around him.

Flacco plays a good defense in last years playoffs and they win because they went up against a rookie QB (Texans). Even though he plays like dogshit, they still win. It’s the luxury of having a great defense to hold you up and an offensive line / running game you can rely on when completing 14 of 27 passes. Then he plays a historically bad pass defense (Patriots) and they lose because he can't put up more than 20 measly points against a defense that gave up the most pass yards in NFL history.

Yet people will say, "He played well against the Patriots in the playoffs. It wasn‘t his fault they lost." Everybody played well against the Patriots last year. Every QB did. He played mediocre football against them. For once, beat a team, beat a QB that you aren’t favored to beat. Just do it once. Outplay someone that‘s any good… just one time.

The Patriots defense sucked and they had no business winning that game. But the Patriots QB is so infinitely better than the Ravens QB, that it allowed them to win. For the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can like Joe Flacco. To even like him. How do you lose a playoff game where Brady doesn't throw a TD, he throws 2 INTs and has the support of one of the worst pass defenses in the history of the NFL? And you had a 4th QT lead? And you manage to score ZERO points in the 4th QT? Because you decide it's a good time to throw the ball directly to Brandon Spikes. Yet people will try to blame Lee Evens or a missed FG when they only had the opportunity to get the ball back because of Ed Reed and their defense. Flacco has pissed away more opportunities in his first 4 years in the NFL than Tony Romo may ever get in his entire career. Flacco is nothing but a lot of potential that can’t seem to solidify himself amongst the 3rd tier QBs.

This guy is better than Romo? Romo throws for over 4,000 yards, 31 TDs and 10 INTs with a 102 QB Rating in, basically, 15 games. Romo has to play out of his mind for an 8 win season. Flacco plays average football and manages to take a division winner to the Championship game. And he's gaining respect from opposing players? Anyway, that's my yearly Joe Flacco rant. ******* hate the guy.

Damn man calm down. To blame it all on Flacco isnt right. Cameron is arguably the worst coach in the NFL regardless of position. You bring up the weapons that Ozzie brought it but Cameron never used them properly. Boldin rarely saw the slot, we never ran a 2 TE set, Evans was a complete flop w/ injuries as well. Cameron is easily holding him back. Also you act like it is Flaccos fault that Lee Evans dropped the ******* ball. He put it right there for him. Now I would say Romo is better then Flacco but you are acting like he has the hype of Luck w/ the production of Kyle Boller.

XxXdragonXxX
05-25-2012, 06:11 PM

Peterson is ranked mostly on return ability. As a corner, he's nowhere near this list, YET.

Notredameleo
05-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Where are all the Lions? Just kidding, i'm assuming Stafford, Megatron, Suh, and maybe Avril are on the list?

Bulldogs
05-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Haha, Avril isn't in the top 50.

Notredameleo
05-25-2012, 10:02 PM
hence, the "maybe". He should definitely be in the top 100, but apparently not.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-26-2012, 12:53 AM
hence, the "maybe". He should definitely be in the top 100, but apparently not.

No way, Avril is overrated. Yeah he's quick but his defensive tackles are getting doubled every play. He's out there on an island winning one on one match-ups. He's not even close to as good as the top tier ends who can take over games by themselves (Allen, Cole, JPP, Peppers) IMO. Good player but not has good as his stats indicate IMO.

sbh15
05-26-2012, 12:58 AM
I stopped reading when I saw Chris Johnson was #100 (to clarify, I am speaking in favor of CJ)

.Seattle's Finest.
05-26-2012, 01:24 AM

Have you taken a look at Flacco's resume? He has a great winning percentage and gets the Ravens where they need to go. The Ravens should have beat the Pats minus a few errors at the end of the game. Flacco gets knocked way to hard IMO.

RCAChainGang
05-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Anybody think any more Colts will make the list? Here are some people I thought would at least crack the top 100 but I don't see as top 50.
Reggie Wayne
Robert Mathis
Antoine Bethea

I wonder if Dwight Freeney is the only one to make the list.

Bulldogs
05-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Reggie Wayne definitely never had a chance.

Notredameleo
05-26-2012, 12:33 PM
No way, Avril is overrated. Yeah he's quick but his defensive tackles are getting doubled every play. He's out there on an island winning one on one match-ups. He's not even close to as good as the top tier ends who can take over games by themselves (Allen, Cole, JPP, Peppers) IMO. Good player but not has good as his stats indicate IMO.

I agree completely, he is overrated, but I was wondering aloud if he was overrated by other players as well. He's asking for 11 million a year in negotiations. No thanks. Willie Young can step in and make almost as much of an impact immediately.

OSUGiants17
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Peyton Manning came in at #50 today. That is a joke, right? The guy didn't play a single game how were they even allowed to vote for him? And he comes in at 50?!?!?!

Bulldogs
05-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Peyton Manning came in at #50 today. That is a joke, right? The guy didn't play a single game how were they even allowed to vote for him? And he comes in at 50?!?!?!

It was Wednesday but yeah. I think you should still be able to vote with him, considering it's best player going into the next season (I think?).

descendency
05-31-2012, 09:17 PM

They're projecting the 2012 season, not analyzing the 2011 season.

vidae
05-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I was hoping there would be another Chief on this list but now I'm getting worried. The only one who can come on the list now is Tamba.. and if he does it'll be the next episode.

If he doesn't I'll have to be happy that my boy DJ made it.

Matthew Jones
06-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Rob Gronkowski should be locks to show up eventually. Brian Waters is also deserving of a spot. Aaron Hernandez, Andre Carter, and Jerod Mayo may have had a chance earlier in the top 100.

Ness
06-01-2012, 04:59 AM
I didn't think Vernon Davis would make it, but I'm glad he did.

Sloopy
06-01-2012, 07:04 AM

I don't have a lot of nice things to say about Flacco, but let me start by saying that Flacco absolutely is not what held us back this year.

He did everything that we needed him to and we came down to two bad plays in a row from going to the superbowl (neither caused by him).

We don't need him to be a top 10 QB. We need him to be a guy who can move the chains on occasion when the running game doesn't get it done and have a big enough arm to keep the defense from stacking the box. He has done that.

Furthermore, I understand the Romo being underrated argument (don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it) However, nothing Romo did THIS YEAR (after all this is a list of 2011 play) would lead me to believe he deserves to be higher than he is.

He threw for a lot of yards but did so when he was down a lot.

He has great games like he did against San Fran, and then he has games like he did against the Jets.

The same could be said for Flacco, has games like he did against the Steelers, then games like he had against the Jags.

The Ravens bring him even more weapons over the past two years by going out of their way to bring in WRs (Boldin, Evens, Smith) and TEs (Dickson, Pitta) to surround him with as much talent as humanly possible, and he's still a one-and-done playoff QB.

Let's not be silly and act like any of the Ravens receiving options come close to a line up of Dez, Witten, Robinson and Austin; nor is it anywhere close to as much talent as humanly possible.

His OL has arguably been better than Romo's but it's also been quite overrated, specifically last year. Birk is/has been past his prime, McKinnie is nothing special and Oher has taken steps backwards.

The guards are/were the strongpoint but even they had kind of a let down in the Pats game.

The same D that gave up 132 yards rushing that game? Flacco was arguably playing against the toughest D in the playoffs and still threw for almost 200 yards with 2 TDs.

I don't understand where you are getting that the running game helped him out this game. Rice averaged 2.9 ypc, only gaining 60 yards on 21 carries.

Again, the OL was also giving up pressure all game.

Again, we don't need him to be Tom Brady. Indeed, it wasn't his fault we lost, I'm not sure if your trying to imply that it is his fault we lost but you'd have a tough time making an argument that it was his fault as he put us in the best position he could to give us the win.

The Patriots defense sucked and they had no business winning that game. But the Patriots QB is so infinitely better than the Ravens QB, that it allowed them to win.

Yea Tom Brady had a great game :njx:

Did you watch this game at all? You are aware that Brady had arguably his worst playoff game ever?

For the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can like Joe Flacco.

I don't overly like him, I don't think he deserves the money we are going to be giving him. However, I understand that he does what we need him to do.

To even like him.

You don't have to be high on him, but it seems as though your unreasonably low on him

And you had a 4th QT lead? And you manage to score ZERO points in the 4th QT? Because you decide it's a good time to throw the ball directly to Brandon Spikes.

To be honest, I don't blame anyone for doubting Spikes' ability to react to the play. I'd be targeting him on slant plays too.

Yet people will try to blame Lee Evens or a missed FG when they only had the opportunity to get the ball back because of Ed Reed and their defense. Flacco has pissed away more opportunities in his first 4 years in the NFL than Tony Romo may ever get in his entire career.

How did Flacco piss the win away? The D let the go ahead score in. Then Flacco leads us down the field from our own 21 yard line in the last 2 minutes of the game, makes a perfect throw to the endzone which is dropped by Evans. So yea, I do blame Evans. Then Cundiff misses the FG for the tie, so yea, I do blame Cundiff.

Really don't see how you can put that one on Flacco.

Flacco is nothing but a lot of potential that can’t seem to solidify himself amongst the 3rd tier QBs.

He certainly has potential which he hasn't reached but I don't think you can fault his play this year. Last year he took a big step forward.

K Train
06-01-2012, 09:37 AM
this is really just a strange list of randomness, theres no logic in the order. you cant make a list like this of all teams and all positions without pissing everyone off

TheMatriculator
06-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I was hoping there would be another Chief on this list but now I'm getting worried. The only one who can come on the list now is Tamba.. and if he does it'll be the next episode.

If he doesn't I'll have to be happy that my boy DJ made it.

Actually, I'm pretty happy that there is only one Chief on the list so far. Go ahead, give them no respect. I like a team with a chip on its shoulder.

VernonLawson89
06-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I didn't think Vernon Davis would make it, but I'm glad he did.

I knew he'd make it after his performance in the post season

Ness
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Yeah I wasn't sure if that would be enough though.

Mufasa
06-01-2012, 01:41 PM

I thought it was voted on before the playoffs started

Sportsfan486
06-02-2012, 01:35 AM

He either has to be off the list or top 10. I don't get how he's at #50. Either he's healed enough to be effective or he's not; there isn't a lot of middle ground.

Bixby (Thumper)
06-02-2012, 02:02 AM
this is really just a strange list of randomness, theres no logic in the order. you cant make a list like this of all teams and all positions without pissing everyone off

I think you could do it, it would just take a lot of cooperation amongst fans and some reasoned debate. Some fans (slight homers) might split hairs over some placements but I think for the most part we could get it right.

descendency
06-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Either he's healed enough to be effective or he's not; there isn't a lot of middle ground.

Whether he's healed or not, he's a 36 year old QB. It's quite possible he's regressed quite a bit.

And I imagine lots of players did leave him off their list. These lists will essentially be an average of their rankings.

WCH
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Whether he's healed or not, he's a 36 year old QB. It's quite possible he's regressed quite a bit.

And I imagine lots of players did leave him off their list. These lists will essentially be an average of their rankings.

That's an important point. Most starting Quarterbacks retire at or before the age of 38 (http://pfref.com/tiny/smEW4). People forget that, because they just saw the most durable player in NFL history blow right past that barrier.

So at 36 and coming off of a lost season due to injury, I think it's safe to speculate that Peyton Manning is in the twilight of his career.

gsorace
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Vonta Leach is better and more productive than Tony Romo, Hakeem Nicks, Vince Wilfork, Nnamdi Asomugha, Lance Briggs, LaMarr Woodley, Von Miller, Greg Jennings, Trent Cole, Brian Cushing and Peyton Manning.

BaLLiN
06-06-2012, 10:34 PM
it amazes me how Hakeem Nicks is around 60 spaces higher on the list than Victor Cruz.... They're different, but Nicks got shafted.

Edit: this list isnt very accurate

Bulldogs
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
The list is bad.

gpngc
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Update it....

Ness
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Update it....

The list is on NFL.com.

descendency
06-06-2012, 11:23 PM
40. Cam Newton
39. Victor Cruz
38. Ndamukong Suh
37. Steven Jackson
36. Charles Woodson
35. Steve Smith
34. Tamba Hali
33. Matt Forte
32. Jahri Evans
31. Eli Manning

Brodeur
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Why is Suh so high...

Caulibflower
06-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I think everybody needs to quit arguing about the order or the criteria for voting and simply realize that this is the list that popped out when the players were polled and asked who the best players in the NFL are. It's nothing more and nothing less than that. It means Vontae Leach is more respected among players than Tony Romo. It means opposing players think Victor Cruz is scarier than Hakeem. It really doesn't need to turn into this "Is So-and-So REAALLLY better than this other guy?" That's just what NFL Network is doing to create programming.

Mufasa
06-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Exactly. It's more about who is well respected among his peers. I find that more interesting than an accurate list made by analysts. We could make that list ourselves.

Ness
06-07-2012, 02:00 AM
I didn't think Steven Jackson would be this high. Nice to see him on the list. He's a true workhorse.

bigbluedefense
06-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Eliiiii <33333

Eli should've been top 20, but I'm sure his peers still look at him as Peyton's brother instead of Eli Manning.

Whatevs. At least he made the list this time.

Giantsfan1080
06-07-2012, 07:42 AM
What it boils down to is that NFL players don't know what the hell they're talking about.

bigbluedefense
06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
You gotta remember, half of these players don't even watch everybody. Bc they're too busy playing their own games to be watching other guys.

They don't watch football as much as we do. So they base their lists more of off who they played against, coupled with popularity moreso than anything else.

Matthew Jones
06-07-2012, 08:53 AM
The 100 most popular/respected NFL players is more like it.

Splat
06-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Tamba Hali you sexy man you.

vidae
06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Tamba Hali you sexy man you.

Exactly thiiiiiis!

gpngc
06-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Kam Chancellor and Sione Pouha not on this list is ridiculous.

vidae
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Is it really that ridiculous?

gpngc
06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes considering Chancellor was the best SS in the league and Pouha was the best NT last season.

Brodeur
06-07-2012, 01:40 PM

If Maurkice "the most randomly overrated offensive lineman ever" Pouncey can be top 50, Chancellor belongs on the list.

Sloopy
06-10-2012, 12:08 PM

Hard to argue Pouha wasn't the best NT in the league last year. Sapoaga should be on the list too.

Chancellor was one of the best safeties in the league last year as well.

nikkayeah
06-11-2012, 05:02 AM
frank gore probably will be in the top 30 lol

Ness
06-14-2012, 04:39 AM
frank gore probably will be in the top 30 lol

Yes he is. That is quite shocking really. Especially when Fred Jackson, and dare I say Michael Turner are in the 80's.

RaiderDiehard
06-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Gore is well-respected amongst the player ranks, and especially Da U community. That could certainly factor into why he's in the top 30 of a list this deep at his position.

WCH
06-14-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm not at all surprised that Gore is voted 50 players higher than Jackson. I don't agree with it, but it certainly doesn't surprise me.

Grizzlegom
06-14-2012, 09:48 AM
If Maurkice "the most randomly overrated offensive lineman ever" Pouncey can be top 50, Chancellor belongs on the list.

When you factor in that he's a twin (publicity) and that he plays for the Steelers who, historically, have all-time great centers, it's not really that random.

descendency
06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
How is Rob Gronkowski behind Jimmy Graham???

Santonio10
06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
How is Antonio Brown not on the list? I can't imagine he's in the remaining top twenty but he's certainly a top 100 player. Only player in NFL history with 1000 receiving and 1000 return yards in one year. He deserves to be on thr list somewhere.

Razor
06-14-2012, 10:22 AM
How is Rob Gronkowski behind Jimmy Graham???

That was my thought as well. I guess there's a chance that Jimmy one trick Graham isn't even on the list, but that would seem a bit odd.

Pat Sims 90
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
How is Antonio Brown not on the list? I can't imagine he's in the remaining top twenty but he's certainly a top 100 player. Only player in NFL history with 1000 receiving and 1000 return yards in one year. He deserves to be on thr list somewhere.

They can only put so many Steelers, Patriots, Packers, 49ers, etc. on the list.

TheFinisher
06-14-2012, 10:59 AM
My guess at the top 10:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Ray Lewis
7. Patrick Willis
8. Demarcus Ware
9. Troy Polamalu
10. Justin Smith

I'm pretty sure the players won't vote Willis over Lewis, even though everyone knows the torch has been passed. Also, not sure how the players feel about Justin Smith because he's not a big time "name" guy and they could leave him out of the top 10... but based on how well he played last season he should get the nod over Reed, Ngata, etc.

bantx
06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
this list is pretty crappy

peyton manning at 50? dafuq

WCH
06-14-2012, 12:19 PM
LMAO @ all of the "this list sucks because...!"

The Alex
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
The Bottom 50 are up...

Surprises from the rest of the list... DeSean Jackson? He might be the most underserving along with Tim Tebow, but with McFadden at #60, I guess the players are ranking really talented guys high, and not really caring about much else... like production, or if a player even cares about playing football. That's why Mike Vick must rank at #70: talent. Since he's had 1 season in his entire NFL career that even resembled that of a legitimate NFL QB, he must rank high based on that 1 season and his talent. Yet he's higher than Tony Romo? Because he's can run and make some highlight plays from time-to-time? His 2010 season gave me hope he was finally going to turn into an elite, or borderline elite QB. After last season, I don't know if I even care what he turns into. How he ranks close to Philip Rivers, I don't know. And Rivers probably deserves to rank where he is after last seasons horrendous outing.

Jake Long's injuries certainly dropped him, but like Joe Thomas, way too much. Both those guys should be insulted. As well as Carl Nicks. They are Top 25 players.

Roddy White is overrated. Simply put. Wes Welker gets a ton of **** for not be a vertical threat. What does Roddy White do all game long other than catch passes short of 10 yards? Do it from the outside? He's not a playmaker anymore. He started losing that ability last season. With Julio Jones emerging, it's even readily more apparent that White is nothing but a possession receiver who hasn't done anything in the playoffs. He's not an elite player or even close to an elite #1. He might be one of the best #2 options there is. His best days are already behind him. Jordy Nelson, AJ Green and Hakeem Nicks are much better players than Roddy White. I'll also take Austin Miles, who probably wont make the list way ahead of Roddy White.

I'm not surprised Patrick Peterson made the list, but the fact that he's ranked so close to Von Miller and so high... it makes me wonder how high Aldon Smith will rank. He surely has to rank close to both those guys. Aldon Smith in the Top 50 would be way too high. Miller and Peterson were both too high (Miller to a lesser degree). There are about 15 really good CBs in the NFL right now. A lot are going to be left off the list, and a lot are much better players than Patrick Peterson, who will, relatively soon, wind up as probably being one of the better CBs in the NFL.

I'm happy to see Justin Tuck maintain his ranking despite the injury plagued-down season he had. He's one of the elite players in the game. Also happy to see Trent Cole make a meaningful rise up. He's a great player that's still underrated (see how much higher Jason Babin will rank, and it will further prove how underrated he is when he's significantly better than Babin.). And LaMarr Woodley. Woodley was on a tear last year and looked the best he ever has. He's closed the gap between him and Harrison the last two years and he's becoming one of the elite OLBs in the game. If he was healthy all season long, I think he would have been in the discussion for DPOY.

I also like the high rankings of Joe Staley, Earl Thoms, Carlos Rogers and Jonathan Joseph.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/bencanon/colinpowellread.jpg

gpngc
06-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Trying to figure this out. Either Marshall and Harvin are in the top 20 or I forgot someone...

marshall
harvin

Willis
Polamalu
Suggs
mario williams
McCoy
Peterson
andre
calvin
fitz
brees
brady
rodgers
jared allen
graham
ware
mjd
ray lewis
ed reed
revis

TACKLE
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Trying to figure this out. Either Marshall and Harvin are in the top 20 or I forgot someone...

marshall
harvin

Willis
Polamalu
Suggs
mario williams
McCoy
Peterson
andre
calvin
fitz
brees
brady
rodgers
jared allen
graham
ware
mjd
ray lewis
ed reed
revis

The bolded names will not make this list. Haloti Ngata and Justin Smith will.

*I do find it strange that you even brought up Harvin's name.

descendency
06-14-2012, 09:27 PM
That was my thought as well. I guess there's a chance that Jimmy one trick Graham isn't even on the list, but that would seem a bit odd.

I think they said how many TEs were left when they announced Tony Gonzalez and I believe there is 1 remaining. I think it's fairly obvious who that is.

edit: The Gronkowski video says he was voted "the second best TE" so... lol.

gpngc
06-14-2012, 11:21 PM
The bolded names will not make this list. Haloti Ngata and Justin Smith will.

*I do find it strange that you even brought up Harvin's name.

I didn't really think they would. It's just odd that they didn't make it altogether.

Ness
06-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Here are 20 - 11:

20. Ray Lewis
19. Troy Polamalu
18. LeSean McCoy
17. Justin Smith
16. Ed Reed
15. Andre Johnson
14. Jimmy Graham
13. Jared Allen
12. Maurice Jones-Drew
11. Terrell Suggs

Honestly I thought Justin Smith would be higher.

TACKLE
06-20-2012, 11:41 PM

Especially when he's easily your team's best player and your 2nd best somehow made it in the top 10.

Ness
06-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Especially when he's easily your team's best player and your 2nd best somehow made it in the top 10.

Willis shouldn't be considered a top 10 player in the NFL?

Anyways, I thought both would at least be top 12.

Nalej
06-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Gronk > Graham

#homer

TACKLE
06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Willis shouldn't be considered a top 10 player in the NFL?

Nope. His impact and dominance simply isn't on the same level as those super elites in the very top echelon of the league. I guess you could say Top '10' is just an arbitrary number and there aren't necessarily 10 players who belong in that group. But Willis isn't a more dominant player than Justin Smith and I thought it was certainly fair for you to say he belongs in the top 12.

Razor
06-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Here are 20 - 11:

20. Ray Lewis
19. Troy Polamalu
18. LeSean McCoy
17. Justin Smith
16. Ed Reed
15. Andre Johnson
14. Jimmy Graham
13. Jared Allen
12. Maurice Jones-Drew
11. Terrell Suggs

Wait? Graham is not only above Gronk, but seven spots higher? That's ridiculous. Also, Troy Polamalu doesn't belong on this list... Anywhere...

Brodeur
06-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Guess for top 10:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Darrell Revis
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Demarcus Ware
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Patrick Willis
9. Larry Fitzgerald
10. Mario Williams

Ness
06-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Nope. His impact and dominance simply isn't on the same level as those super elites in the very top echelon of the league. I guess you could say Top '10' is just an arbitrary number and there aren't necessarily 10 players who belong in that group. But Willis isn't a more dominant player than Justin Smith and I thought it was certainly fair for you to say he belongs in the top 12.

Well, completely disagree there. I think it's a no-brainer that he's in the discussion for being a top ten player in the NFL.

TACKLE
06-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Guess for top 10:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Darrell Revis
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Demarcus Ware
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Patrick Willis
9. Larry Fitzgerald
10. Mario Williams

AD will make it over Mario.

Mufasa
06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Guess for top 10:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Darrell Revis
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Demarcus Ware
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Patrick Willis
9. Larry Fitzgerald
10. Mario Williams

There's no way Adrian Peterson was left off the list completely. Williams was only #71 last year. After playing only 5 games last season, it's 1000 times more likely he fell 30+ spots than climbing more than 50.

10. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
8. Larry Fitzgerald
7. DeMarcus Ware
6. Calvin Johnson
5. Drew Brees
4. Adrian Peterson
3. Darrelle Revis
2. Tom Brady
1. Aaron Rodgers

gpngc
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
I think Calvin will be No. 3 behind Brady and Rodgers and actually has a chance to be No. 1. Actually, this is my final guess:

10. Haloti Ngata
9. Patrick Willis
8. Demarcus Ware
7. Adrian Peterson
6. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Darrelle Revis
4. Calvin Johnson
3. Drew Brees
2. Tom Brady
1. Aaron Rodgers

Brothgar
06-21-2012, 08:43 AM
I think Calvin will be No. 3 behind Brady and Rodgers and actually has a chance to be No. 1. Actually, this is my final guess:

10. Haloti Ngata
9. Patrick Willis
8. Demarcus Ware
7. Adrian Peterson
6. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Darrelle Revis
4. Calvin Johnson
3. Drew Brees
2. Tom Brady
1. Aaron Rodgers

Wait what?

gpngc
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I changed my mind mid-post when I said 'actually' the last time. I realized mid-post that it's difficult to separate the three QBs.

Brodeur
06-21-2012, 11:08 AM
AD will make it over Mario.

He completely slipped my mind.

TheFinisher
06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Megatron is the closest thing to unstoppable in the league, I'd have no issues with him being ranked #1.

descendency
06-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Gronk would Gronk all over Graham.

And Drew Brees doesn't belong in the top 10.

Brodeur
06-22-2012, 01:39 AM
There's no way Adrian Peterson was left off the list completely. Williams was only #71 last year. After playing only 5 games last season, it's 1000 times more likely he fell 30+ spots than climbing more than 50.

10. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
8. Larry Fitzgerald
7. DeMarcus Ware
6. Calvin Johnson
5. Drew Brees
4. Adrian Peterson
3. Darrelle Revis
2. Tom Brady
1. Aaron Rodgers

No way that Peterson is above Calvin.

TACKLE
06-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Megatron is the closest thing to unstoppable in the league, I'd have no issues with him being ranked #1.

I wouldn't have a problem with that but along the same line of thinking, I'd probably vote Revis as the #1 player in the league. Top 4 should be Rodgers, Brady, Calvin and Revis in some order.

Razor
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with that. AD is as dominant at the RB position as CJ is at receiver. Basically it's a toss up but you can't go wrong with either.

descendency
06-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. AD is as dominant at the RB position as CJ is at receiver. Basically it's a toss up but you can't go wrong with either.

WRs are just more valuable today.

K Train
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
ray lewis at 20 is still high but MUCH more reasonable than his #4 ranking last year

tjsunstein
06-22-2012, 10:23 AM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Tom Brady
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Demarcus Ware
10. Patrick Willis

Thats my guess.

WCH
06-22-2012, 10:39 AM
I think the top 4 will be Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Johnson (in that order). I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson ends up higher, maybe even #1, but I think it's hard to not put those three QBs #1-3.

The other six guys could almost go in any order and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Part of it depends on when the votes were placed. Peterson pre-injury would probably be voted a bit higher than Peterson post-injury.

VAfy-ya
06-22-2012, 10:51 AM

"Easily our best player" is a matter of opinion. Neither is more important or more dominant than the other. They both are consisdered the best at their respective positions. Its just that Willis plays at a position where we have other outstanding players, thus that unit not being as dependant on his presence as the front 3 is when it comes to Smith. It comes down to which position you feel is more valuable defensively. I agree with Ness though, I thought they both should have been top 12. But its a offense driven league and thats what alot of the rankings dictate so I wasnt surprised at all. I honestly didnt think I'd see any defensive players in the top 10, aside from maybe Revis.

Brodeur
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Not really. AD is hurt right now and might not be as good as he was before, while Calvin is unquestionably the most dominant receiver and offensive weapon in the NFL.

A Perfect Score
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Not really. AD is hurt right now and might not be as good as he was before, while Calvin is unquestionably the most dominant receiver and offensive weapon in the NFL.

I imagine there's still a good faction of NFL fans who'd take Larry Fitz over Calvin Johnson, all things equal. And by all things I mean Larry having Stafford throwing to him instead of John Skelton.

Brodeur
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
I imagine there's still a good faction of NFL fans who'd take Larry Fitz over Calvin Johnson, all things equal. And by all things I mean Larry having Stafford throwing to him instead of John Skelton.

Yes, Calvin has never had to perform with a horrible QB.

Matthew Jones
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
This probably isn't how they will end up being ranked, but here's how I'd rank the top ten:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Darrelle Revis

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. DeMarcus Ware

8. Calvin Johnson

9. Haloti Ngata

10. Patrick Willis

tjsunstein
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Curiously, you rank Fitz over Megatron. Do you think the players feel that way?

mjlanglais
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
3 bmore defenders in the top 20? reed and lewis are soo overrated

Brodeur
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
This probably isn't how they will end up being ranked, but here's how I'd rank the top ten:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Darrelle Revis

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. DeMarcus Ware

8. Calvin Johnson

9. Haloti Ngata

10. Patrick Willis

I beg you to explain to me what you have against the Lions. You ranked Vick over Stafford, you're ranking Fitz and AD over Calvin...there has to be something. I think AD is the best RB in the NFL, but he isn't much of a factor in the passing game and that is vital in the NFL today. Factor in his current injury, there is zero reason for him to be over Calvin.

Mufasa
06-22-2012, 01:49 PM

I wouldn't rank Peterson over Johnson, but even with his injury I think the players will.

Razor
06-22-2012, 04:27 PM
If I were a betting man:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Darrelle Revis
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Demarcus Ware
8. Drew Brees
9. Haloti Ngata
10. Patrick Willis

descendency
06-22-2012, 05:04 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Larry Fitzgerald
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Demarcus Ware
8. Haloti Ngata
9. Patrick Willis
10. Drew Brees

G Mobile
06-22-2012, 06:20 PM

I agree that Ray Lewis isn't top 20 anymore but his still is a very important player for his defensive calls and his leadership.

Ed Reed may be the most impactful DB in the league. The way that he impacts how a passing game can attack is huge in addition to his turnovers. Even great QBs like Brady have to change their offense to avoid Reed.

TheFinisher
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
1. Tom Brady
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Demarcus Ware
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
10. Larry Fitzgerald

MI_Buckeye
06-24-2012, 10:46 PM

Correction, FOUR bmore defenders in the top 20? Reed, Rev Ray, T-Sizzle and NGATA!!!! Each one, with the likely exception of Lewis (he should probably be in the 40-60 range) are very worth of top 20 status.

Ness
06-27-2012, 09:04 PM
The official results are in:

10. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
8. Adrian Peterson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
6. DeMarcus Ware
5. Darrelle Revis
4. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
2. Drew Brees
1. Aaron Rodgers

Santonio10
06-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I can see Rodgers beating Brady, but I think Brady should still be #2

vidae
06-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I would have been really happy had Megatron come in at #1, but I knew it would never happen.

Oh well. That list is fine as it is I guess.

jrdrylie
06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Isn't the list supposed to be best players for only 2012? Because isn't Adrian Peterson going to miss a substantial amount of time because of his knee?

marshallb
06-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Isn't the list supposed to be best players for only 2012? Because isn't Adrian Peterson going to miss a substantial amount of time because of his knee?

Not really. He's well ahead of schedule right now, which would put him right in line to return for the start of the season.

Ness
06-28-2012, 12:05 AM
I would put Johnson at #2 and Brees at #3. Overall though, not that bad of a top ten I think.

fenikz
06-28-2012, 12:24 AM
“Having been voted a Top 10 NFL player for the 2012 season is a cherished honor because the selection was made by my peers, and a player can have no greater accolade nor satisfaction than knowing that those he lines up against for 60 minutes every week value to the highest degree his talent, competitiveness, effort, productivity and achievement.

I’ve completed 8 NFL seasons, & while I am somewhat satisfied with personal achievements, I have come close only once to achieving the ultimate team goal.

Being a productive WR is no longer enough. I’ve grown into a position of leadership as a Cardinals team captain and have tried to expand my role as a mentor and example for our core of young players.

My sincere hope is that we can get back to the playoffs on a regular basis and become Super Bowl Champions.

Our team was 2 minutes away from that goal on February 4, 2009, and similarly, my 7th rank of NFL top players leaves room for improvement.

I will strive as always to expand my role and contributions to team success, be as productive as possible, and win a Championship…..”

Razor
06-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Brady at 4 is a ******* joke.

/homerrant

Brothgar
06-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Brady at 4 is a ******* joke.

/homerrant

Well what do you expect when you have a backup QB / fullback at 95?

Ness
06-28-2012, 02:47 AM
The video for Brees was funny. They caught him talking to Sean Payton and then Chase Daniel on the sideline after he threw an interception against the Rams. I think it was a blowout game so it wasn't last year.

"Nah...I mean, (sigh) I just hate throwing picks....especially in the 4th quarter...I don't give a *bleep* what the score is..."

"We could have had a field goal, then a touchdown...it pisses me off!"

BigBanger
07-01-2012, 08:50 PM
10. Patrick Willis, ILB, 49ers
9. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
5. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
3. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
2. Drew Brees, QB, Saints

I think the Top 10 is a pretty good list. I'm just not a huge fan of Drew Brees. I certainly don't think he's better than Tom Brady (or Peyton Manning), and I actually like Ben Roethlisberger a tad bit more.

He's the only player in the Top 10 that I don't think really deserves to be there (since I don't consider him a top 3 QB). He broke the passing yardage record so I figured he would rank in the Top 3, but he really doesn't have anything to show for all his lofty stats (1 Super Bowl ring in only 1 appearance). He's obviously a great player, but I don't think he's overly special. Brees is surrounded by gaudy talent (Jimmy Graham, Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Darren Sproles ranked high on this for a reason), and he has great passing numbers to show for it. I like him in the 11-20 range, not the top 2 players overall.

Aaron Rodgers is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the field. During last season I said I've never seen the QB position played to level that he has been playing it. I thought he should have been #1 on the list they made last year. He's my favorite player in the NFL and the most fun to watch. For the past two seasons he's easily been the best player in the NFL. The 2011 season cemented his Super Bowl run.

Peyton Manning is my #2 player. His injury proved what people have been speculating about for years. You remove Peyton from that offense and you realize that you don't have any talent on that entire team. The offensive line sucks. The OL has only looked good in pass protection because of Manning. They can't run the ball, don't have the RBs to even do so if they could and their WRs aren't quite as good as people thought. Their defense is only effective when they're in the game, or have a lead. Peyton Manning was that entire team. His impact was the greatest last year of any single player (as it usually is). He didn't play a game and the Colts were the worst team in the NFL. If he was healthy they would have made the playoffs and won upwards of 12 or 13 games like they always do. I understand why he ranked where he did, but as long as he's in the league, he's probably going to be one of the two or three best players in the NFL.

If I were to try and throw together a Top 10 it would look this:

2. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos
3. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
5. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
7. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
9. Troy Polamalu, SS, Steelers
10. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings / Justin Smith, DE, 49ers

Peterson's injury is a concern going into next season, so he falls a little for that sole reason. He's one of the elite players in the game. Another one of my favorite players to watch because he's so much better than every other player at his position.

Ravens1991
07-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I disagree with you about Drew Brees. Wasnt Graham the only recieving option for him to ever make a pro bowl? So I dont think you can say he is surrounded with a good supporting cast. 1 super bowl is still fine with him because he was able to rise to the ocassion during that post season and lead his team to the title.

Borat
07-01-2012, 09:37 PM
A top 10 without Drew Brees is stupid.

Brodeur
07-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I think the Top 10 is a pretty good list. I'm just not a huge fan of Drew Brees. I certainly don't think he's better than Tom Brady (or Peyton Manning), and I actually like Ben Roethlisberger a tad bit more.

He's the only player in the Top 10 that I don't think really deserves to be there (since I don't consider him a top 3 QB). He broke the passing yardage record so I figured he would rank in the Top 3, but he really doesn't have anything to show for all his lofty stats (1 Super Bowl ring in only 1 appearance). He's obviously a great player, but I don't think he's overly special. Brees is surrounded by gaudy talent (Jimmy Graham, Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Darren Sproles ranked high on this for a reason), and he has great passing numbers to show for it. I like him in the 11-20 range, not the top 2 players overall.

Aaron Rodgers is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the field. During last season I said I've never seen the QB position played to level that he has been playing it. I thought he should have been #1 on the list they made last year. He's my favorite player in the NFL and the most fun to watch. For the past two seasons he's easily been the best player in the NFL. The 2011 season cemented his Super Bowl run.

Peyton Manning is my #2 player. His injury proved what people have been speculating about for years. You remove Peyton from that offense and you realize that you don't have any talent on that entire team. The offensive line sucks. The OL has only looked good in pass protection because of Manning. They can't run the ball, don't have the RBs to even do so if they could and their WRs aren't quite as good as people thought. Their defense is only effective when they're in the game, or have a lead. Peyton Manning was that entire team. His impact was the greatest last year of any single player (as it usually is). He didn't play a game and the Colts were the worst team in the NFL. If he was healthy they would have made the playoffs and won upwards of 12 or 13 games like they always do. I understand why he ranked where he did, but as long as he's in the league, he's probably going to be one of the two or three best players in the NFL.

If I were to try and throw together a Top 10 it would look this:

2. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos
3. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
5. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
7. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
9. Troy Polamalu, SS, Steelers
10. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings / Justin Smith, DE, 49ers

Peterson's injury is a concern going into next season, so he falls a little for that sole reason. He's one of the elite players in the game. Another one of my favorite players to watch because he's so much better than every other player at his position.

Brees doesn't belong in the top ten, but POLAMALU DOES? You can't be serious.

dunagan15
07-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Brees doesn't belong in the top ten, but POLAMALU DOES? You can't be serious.

Id have to agree, no way should Brees fall out of the top 10, thats just insane, the guy is the Saints. Take him off that team and they might win 4-5 games.

WCH
07-01-2012, 10:09 PM
EDIT: derp. Misread something.

tjsunstein
07-01-2012, 11:45 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Tom Brady
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Demarcus Ware
10. Patrick Willis

Thats my guess.

The official results are in:

10. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
8. Adrian Peterson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
6. DeMarcus Ware
5. Darrelle Revis
4. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
2. Drew Brees
1. Aaron Rodgers

Im just glad that Rodgers was/is #1 if nothing else. Another **** you to #4.

Ness
07-02-2012, 02:13 AM

You know the Saints wouldn't win more than 4 or 5 games without Brees right? That offensive line would start to give up more sacks, the run game would falter, and the smoke and mirrors defense would crumble like Doritos chips. Brees is the franchise. Brees has a solid cast around him. That doesn't overrate him. By that logic Steve Young shouldn't have been a top ten player at any point in his career because he had Jerry Rice his entire tenure on the 49ers plus other guys like Watters, Hearst, Owens, Jones, and Taylor to go along with a good coaching staff. Young also went to one Super Bowl as a starter and won only one. Come on, you're really making a stretch saying Drew Brees isn't a top ten player in the NFL. Especially when Troy Polamalu is in your personal top ten list.

As for Aaron Rodgers, I could see him as the top player in the NFL and he deserves that, but I don't think he's on an untouchable level compared to Brees, Manning or Brady.

georgiafan
07-02-2012, 07:59 AM
So Matt Ryan didnt make the list?

The Alex
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Nope and Tim Tebow did. Further proof most players are crazy.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 12:00 PM

It's not a big deal, each year there are great players left off the list, while others are over/undervalued. Eli didn't make the list last year either. This year is going to be make or break for Ryan. Either he will prove a ton of people wrong like I think he will, or he will continue to be seen as slightly above-average. He killed it down the stretch this past year after a really slow start.

Razor
07-02-2012, 12:26 PM
It's not a big deal, each year there are great players left off the list, while others are over/undervalued. Eli didn't make the list last year either. This year is going to be make or break for Ryan. Either he will prove a ton of people wrong like I think he will, or he will continue to be seen as slightly above-average. He killed it down the stretch this past year after a really slow start.

No. Just.... No. Matt Ryan is solid, but there's just no way in hell that he belongs on this list. I could name tons of players not on this list that are ahead of Ryan. It doesn't matter that Tebow is on the list. That's an anomaly and an indictment of the people who voted for this list.

Then again... You don't have to do much to be considered a HoF'er in Atlanta. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/02/talk-in-atlanta-of-john-abraham-as-a-hall-of-famer/)

Can't wait for the "Brent Grimes should be in the HoF" talk in few years time...

:facepalm:

The Alex
07-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Then again... You don't have to do much to be considered a HoF'er in Atlanta. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/02/talk-in-atlanta-of-john-abraham-as-a-hall-of-famer/)

Can't wait for the "Brent Grimes should be in the HoF" talk in few years time...

To be fair, Abraham could get in during a weak class year because of all them sacks. Then again, by that criteria, Kevin Greene should already be in.

tjsunstein
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM

You just called Matt Ryan great?

Razor
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
To be fair, Abraham could get in during a weak class year because of all them sacks. Then again, by that criteria, Kevin Greene should already be in.

Yeah, that's kinda the point. Abraham has never been the best player at his position and he hasn't won a SB. Longevity shouldn't equate to a bust in Canton.

tjsunstein
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Yeah, that's kinda the point. Abraham has never been the best player at his position and he hasn't won a SB. Longevity shouldn't equate to a bust in Canton.

People fall in love with consistency, but when theyre consistently not the single best player at their position during their career then they dont belong in Canton.

georgiafan
07-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Abe shouldnt be in the hall of fame its the Hall of Fame not the Hall of Very Good

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
No. Just.... No. Matt Ryan is solid, but there's just no way in hell that he belongs on this list. I could name tons of players not on this list that are ahead of Ryan. It doesn't matter that Tebow is on the list. That's an anomaly and an indictment of the people who voted for this list.

Did you seriously quote an article talking about the Atlanta Falcons Message Board? Pretty laughable. Abe has no shot at the HOF, nor did I say he did. You could go to any official message board and get the same garbage from any team. I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point, but I've already mentioned this list doesn't really mean anything to me.

You just called Matt Ryan great?

Nope, I was just making a point. I never said "Matt Ryan is great!". He obviously has a lot to prove and I think he will make great strides in doing so this year. Like I said before, I think it will be a make it or break it year for him. I could very well be wrong, we will find out now that he will be in a much more pass oriented offense.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Double post......

Razor
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Did you seriously quote an article talking about the Atlanta Falcons Message Board? Pretty laughable. Abe has no shot at the HOF, nor did I say he did. You could go to any official message board and get the same garbage from any team.
First of all, I never said that you think Abe is a HoF'er. I just found it interesting since all Falcons fans are doing is overrating their own players all of the ******* time.

I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point, but I've already mentioned this list doesn't really mean anything to me.
Tebow, sure. Flacco? Well all he's done is leading the Ravens to the playoffs and winning post season games. Tell me, how many PO W's does Ryan have? I get that you want to support your own player, but being an ignorant homer is just pathetic. And don't come here and tell me that the lists doesn't mean anything when you're negging me for stating the obvious: That Ryan does not belong in the top 100 and Falcons fans overrate their own players.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
First of all, I never said that you think Abe is a HoF'er. I just found it interesting since all Falcons fans are doing is overrating their own players all of the ******* time.

Tebow, sure. Flacco? Well all he's done is leading the Ravens to the playoffs and winning post season games. Tell me, how many PO W's does Ryan have? I get that you want to support your own player, but being an ignorant homer is just pathetic. And don't come here and tell me that the lists doesn't mean anything when you're negging me for stating the obvious: That Ryan does not belong in the top 100 and Falcons fans overrate their own players.

Fact is the AFMB has absolutely zero barring over what fans here think. All fans on official message boards overrate players, guaranteed. That article has zero place in this discussion. I really hope I'm not coming off as an ignorant homer, as I've made some pretty fair, rational arguments. As I said before, this upcoming year is huge for Ryan.

Ghost of Juice
07-02-2012, 04:23 PM

To be fair, every fan base overrates their own players.

As far as the list goes, who really cares if some players didn't make the top 100 or they weren't high enough on it. It was done for entertainment purposes and I do not take it very seriously.

Razor
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Fact is the AFMB has absolutely zero barring over what fans here think. All fans on official message boards overrate players, guaranteed. That article has zero place in this discussion. I really hope I'm not coming off as an ignorant homer, as I've made some pretty fair, rational arguments. As I said before, this upcoming year is huge for Ryan.

In which universe is
I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point
a fair argument?

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 04:29 PM
In which universe is

a fair argument?

I'll give you the Flacco one, that is arguable. I know you of all people wouldn't dare say Tebow is better. Nice that you choose to pick and choose what I said. Your argument is resting on a couple homers on the Official Falcons site which is ridiculous.

Razor
07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I'll give you the Flacco one, that is arguable. I know you of all people wouldn't dare say Tebow is better. Nice that you choose to pick and choose what I said. Your argument is resting on a couple homers on the Official Falcons site which is ridiculous.

Well excuse me for pointing out your failure in attempting to come up with one single argument to support your case. Silly me...

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Well excuse me for pointing out your failure in attempting to come up with one single argument to support your case. Silly me...

Read the last page to get my thoughts on the subject, not hard. Moving on then...

Razor
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Did you seriously quote an article talking about the Atlanta Falcons Message Board? Pretty laughable. Abe has no shot at the HOF, nor did I say he did. You could go to any official message board and get the same garbage from any team. I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point, but I've already mentioned this list doesn't really mean anything to me.

Nice touch to suggest that I haven't read your posts. Classy. My favorite is the first one where you start of insinuating that Ryan is left of the list despite him being great, but then go on to call him slightly above average. Yet he's a far better QB than Flacco. I'm not arguing that Tebow is better because he's not, but Ryan is no Flacco. And Flacco isn't even that good... If your arguments are that official message boards are homers that doesn't change the fact that there are Falcon fans that think Abe is a HoF'er. You and I agree on that point, but that wasn't the case. The case was that you put Ryan in the top 100 where he has no business being, and probably never will have. Now we can move on.

The Alex
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Tell me, how many PO W's does Ryan have?

Mark Sanchez has more postseason wins than Philip Rivers. Stop using this to evaluate quarterbacks.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Nice touch to suggest that I haven't read your posts. Classy. My favorite is the first one where you start of insinuating that Ryan is left of the list despite him being great, but then go on to call him slightly above average. Yet he's a far better QB than Flacco. I'm not arguing that Tebow is better because he's not, but Ryan is no Flacco. And Flacco isn't even that good... If your arguments are that official message boards are homers that doesn't change the fact that there are Falcon fans that think Abe is a HoF'er. You and I agree on that point, but that wasn't the case. The case was that you put Ryan in the top 100 where he has no business being, and probably never will have. Now we can move on.

He's already been on the list which he apparently has no business being on. I've said it multiple times, I'll repeat again for you. This season will be make or break. He's proven he can do it in the regular season. He doesn't have a problem playing at an above-average level then. For whatever reason, our team, and also Matt Ryan, seem to play at a far lower level in the playoffs. I think that changes this year. I could very well be wrong. Until then, it's tough to say for sure. And yes, I think he's better than Flacco.

Ness
07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Matt Ryan or Matt Schaub should have made it in place of Tim Tebow.

Brodeur
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Anybody in the league should have made it in place of Tim Tebow.

Corrections were needed.

The Alex
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Matt Ryan or Matt Schaub should have made it in place of Tim Tebow.

Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton and every other quarterback in the NFL not named Blaine Gabbert or Curtis Painter deserves it over Tebow.

Ness
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton and every other quarterback in the NFL not named Blaine Gabbert or Curtis Painter deserves it over Tebow.
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah a good amount of those names deserved the nod.

niel89
07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah Tebow isn't a top 100 player but he is poplar guy and won a lot of games. Players respect him leading that team to a point. Its not like Tebow was a top 30 player or something. He is an anomaly on this list and should be treated as so.

Flacco and Ryan will be forever tied because of the draft. Ryan is probably the better pure QB but Flacco has more success and people judge QBs by wins, especially playoff wins.

Also Flacco is my QB, so FLACCO>>>>>>RYAN

descendency
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Mark Sanchez has more postseason wins than Philip Rivers. Stop using this to evaluate quarterbacks.

Mark Sanchez is a great QB according to Rex Ryan.

jsagan77
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
If I'm starting a team tomorrow, I'm going with Rodgers all the way but for my money Brady is the best I've ever seen play. The lack of respect for Brady after he rewrites the record books year in and year out is down right bollocks IMHO.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Megatron
5. Revis
6. Ware
7. Nata
8. Fitz
9. Aaron Smith
10. Willis

Mufasa
07-19-2012, 12:56 PM
There's no lack of respect for Brady. He's 1 or 2 on 95+% of the lists and the ones he's not he's 3rd. This is for how good they are right now, not career accomplishments. Rodgers over Brady is completely reasonable and not the least bit disrespectful to Brady

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
If I'm starting a team tomorrow, I'm going with Rodgers all the way but for my money Brady is the best I've ever seen play. The lack of respect for Brady after he rewrites the record books year in and year out is down right bollocks IMHO.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Megatron
5. Revis
6. Ware
7. Nata
8. Fitz
9. Justin Smith
10. Willis

I can only assume you meant Justin Smith, not Aaron Smith.

Glad to see Ray still up there. I must say that it is incredible the level he is still playing at this late in his career. Sad to see him almost done.

I too am surprised at Flacco's ranking. He never really does anything that overly impresses me to warrant being in that spot.

In just looking at the list, i'm actually surprised Mangold isn't on the list. Can anyone recall where he was ranked last year?

niel89
07-19-2012, 10:17 PM
In just looking at the list, i'm actually surprised Mangold isn't on the list. Can anyone recall where he was ranked last year?

Mangold was #47 last year. Only 2 centers on the list this year and I think Pouncey just got some popularity to be as high as he was.

Complete sort-able list for positions and stuff. Interesting to see Suggs listed as a LB and Ware as a DE.

http://top100.nfl.com/tracker

BigBanger
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I disagree with you about Drew Brees. Wasnt Graham the only recieving option for him to ever make a pro bowl? So I dont think you can say he is surrounded with a good supporting cast. 1 super bowl is still fine with him because he was able to rise to the ocassion during that post season and lead his team to the title.
I don't know if Brees has ever had any other receiving option make a Pro Bowl besides Graham. Colston would be the only other receiving option from the Saints that I can think to even contend for a Pro Bowl.

But Brees has been surrounded by a ton of talent on offense. Let's not kid ourselves here. Colston is a very good, reliable WR. Not a great WR or the best in the NFL, but a very solid #1 when you consider their offense, the personnel around him and that system. He's a consistent player with a large catch radius and reliable red zone option. When healthy he's almost guaranteed to grab 70+ passes for 1,100 yards and 8+ TDs.

Jimmy Graham is already an elite player (who was an upgrade over Shockey, a pretty good TE). He has the receiving potential to be the type of player that revolutionizes the position, making what Gonzalez / Gates did look modest.

Darren Sporles is a great receiving option and has been an upgrade over Reggie Bush (for who as much flack as he has deservedly gotten, was a very good option out of the backfield, and one of the best in the NFL while he was in New Orleans). Sproles hasn't made a Pro Bowl, but that's mostly because he doesn't have one single position. He does everything. He just broke the record for all-purpose yards in a single season, which is fairly impressive. 7 TD catches from the RB position and another 2 rushing TDs. Sproles had a major impact on how effective the Saints offense was last year, and a negative impact with how ineffective the usually high powered Charges offense was last year once they lost him. He ranked higher on this list than most probably anticipated, but, if anything, he is still underrated.

Saints obviously have had very good depth at the WR position with Lance Moore, Devery Henderson and Robert Meachem (prior to his departure). All those players were very effective in the vertical system (Henderson + Meachem with speed and Moore with his short yardage ability in the slot). They all compliment the Saints offense. Isolated these three players aren't marquee players, but they are / were very good in the Saints system.

You look at the at the offensive line and Brees has had the two best offensive guards (Evans / Nicks) in the NFL for the last four years. Keeping pressure out of his face / up the middle. Bushrod is coming off a Pro Bowl season at LT (not that I think he deserved it). And they have a stable of very good RBs like Thomas, Sproles, Ivoy who all do different things (running between the tackles, outside the tackles, block, catch passes out of the backfield). Saints have great depth at the skill positions with Sproles and Graham being rare players and Coltson a reliable #1 (Top 10-15 caliber WR in the NFL). Couple with a strong interior offensive line and a good pure RB in Thomas ... that amounts to a pretty devastating offense with an abundance of talent.

The Saints have been one of the most talented teams in the NFL for quite a few years. Brees has a lot to do with it, but he's also benefited from it. I simply don't put him in the same category as Rodgers, Brady or Peyton Manning. I can't really say why, but there's just something about his style of play that doesn't make me group him with the elite. He does throw a lot of interceptions.

bigbluedefense
07-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Mangold not making the list was an absolute joke. Hes the best center in the league. Did you see what the Ravens did to the Jets when Mangold didn't play? I thought Sanchez was going to die out there.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Mangold not making the list was an absolute joke. Hes the best center in the league. Did you see what the Ravens did to the Jets when Mangold didn't play? I thought Sanchez was going to die out there.

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but i thought that was a pretty big miss. I'm sure others have said it, but you can't emphasis enough how much it hurt the Jets when they lost Mangold. The offense was a joke and the line crumbled. I've never seen something like it from an offensive line perspective. Combine that with the fact that Wayne Hunter was already a walking disaster and yes, i am shocked Sanchez survived.