PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Prospect of the Day: WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson

Jimmy
05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
so much for him being one of the most mature freshmen ever.

say what you want about weed (it's really not a huge deal IMO), but the kid is still a bonehead.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/05/reports-clemsons-sammy-watkins-arrested-for-unknown-reason/1#.T6QIYp9YuR4

Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins was arrested early Friday morning. According to the Clemson University Police, Watkins was charged with possession of a controlled substance and simple possession of marijuana, which are both misdemeanors.

CAPTIONBy Bob Donnan, US Presswire
Watkins was arrested by the Clemson University Police Department and then booked into the Clemson city jail. Watkins was released this morning.

"I made a mistake last night, and I am truly sorry for my actions," Watkins said in a statement. "I let the team down, the coaches down and this University down. I will learn from this. I will accept any discipline Coach (Dabo) Swinney and the University issues."

killxswitch
05-04-2012, 12:04 PM
I guess he is dumb for getting caught, but it is really stupid that we can drink alcohol, smoke ciagrettes, or tan our skin til we get cancer, but pot is baaaaaad.

JaxJag_1
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
C'mon Sammy.

703SKINS202
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Speed kills, weed doesn't.

P-L
05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
He got caught with pills too. It's not just weed.

Complex
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
It was adderall, he was just trying to focus on studying for finals.

703SKINS202
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
He got caught with pills too. It's not just weed.
O, pills kill. That's kind of a big deal then.

killxswitch
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Weed and adderall. Remove this menace from our society.

K Train
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
i love adderall

and weed

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Must be finals time.

703SKINS202
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Must be finals time.
It is, sounds like that's all it was. Only two pills, he'll be fine.

Halsey
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
College football is a mess.

Complex
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
He was driving a 2008 Cadillac. I don't know how Bama and Clemson don't get a visit from the NCAA. Dre and Trent Richardson both drove new cars Cadillac and Yukon. Dwayne Allen said he got paid basically then there was article about free hotel rooms for family members and a 2008 Cadillac Watkins.

killxswitch
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM

This is true.

Caulibflower
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Weed and adderall. Remove this menace from our society.

Breaking News: Sammy Watkins discovered behaving exactly like his peers.

K Train
05-04-2012, 01:24 PM
jailed overnight for 2 adderall and a little weed?

im at risk for hard time lol

O, pills kill. That's kind of a big deal then.

hey i mean adderall is basically speed, you were dead on haha

keylime_5
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
What's funny is that Thursday was move out day for Clemson, so he probably was gonna leave that day unless he was taking courses in the summer semesters. I drove up to Clemson yesterday to move my brother out of his dorm, funny that this happens the day I go there.

Weed and adderall? Not a big deal, like a good 80 or 90% of college students do that crap at least it seems like, haha.

soybean
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
why is he worried about finals? He's a football player.

RCAChainGang
05-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Speed doesn't kill, impact does.

Dangermouse
05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Meh, it's not like he punched a cop a week before the draft. I don't even care about weed anymore.

critesy
05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
i hope hes suspended for the first game of the year against auburn.

Complex
05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
i hope hes suspended for the first game of the year against auburn.

:lol: :rofl:

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
why is he worried about finals? He's a football player.

He's the most mature freshman ever.

robert pancake gallery
05-04-2012, 03:27 PM
lock him up and throw away the key

hagy34
05-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I love the college football is a mess comment. If it truly was weed and adderall then people need to chill out. Is everyone so nieve that they have no idea what happens on a college campus? Did he choke a women? Did he kill somebody? Lets calm down.

If you don't realize that people do things like this in college then you should ask around. Its a lot more prevelant than people think. If you think college football is a mess because of things like this then make sure your kids don't go to college, because it goes on every where.

descendency
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Tommorrow, you should do Tommy Reese (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/notre-dame-tommy-rees-arrest-possibly-narrowing-quarterbacking-152437118.html).

Oh wait... he's from Notre Dame. No one is taking him serious.

MI_Buckeye
05-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I am really starting to think these weed busts are all racially-based. I have known several white people caught with weed. None of them went to jail. In fact, many of them were just let go after dumping the weed. The only two people I've ever known to be arrested for weed were black.

P-L
05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I love the college football is a mess comment. If it truly was weed and adderall then people need to chill out. Is everyone so nieve that they have no idea what happens on a college campus? Did he choke a women? Did he kill somebody? Lets calm down.

If you don't realize that people do things like this in college then you should ask around. Its a lot more prevelant than people think. If you think college football is a mess because of things like this then make sure your kids don't go to college, because it goes on every where.
The original story didn't state what the "controlled substance" was. I don't think anyone is making a big deal out of this, after the facts came out.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I am really starting to think these weed busts are all racially-based. I have known several white people caught with weed. None of them went to jail. In fact, many of them were just let go after dumping the weed. The only two people I've ever known to be arrested for weed were black.

Well, if you've experienced it, I'm sure we can just apply it to the large scale.

JoeJoeBrown
05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, if you've experienced it, I'm sure we can just apply it to the large scale.

Drug arrest rates by race (http://www.hrw.org/news/2009/03/02/us-drug-arrests-skewed-race)
Blacks have been arrested nationwide on drug charges at higher rates than whites for nearly three decades, even though they engage in drug offenses at comparable rates, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today.
African Americans were arrested on drug charges at rates that were 2.8 to 5.5 times as high as those of white adults in every year from 1980 through 2007, the last year for which complete data were available. About one in three of the more than 25.4 million adult drug arrestees during that period was African American.

JoeJoeBrown
05-04-2012, 10:38 PM
From reading the collective opinions about most people and drugs, I find it readily apparent that most people are very focused on getting their party on and not very focused on getting their education on.

I say this as a person that does not give a **** about whatever anyone wants to put into their body (as long as they aren't pregnant).

My only rules with that are don't get drunk/high and operate vehicles or weapons or do anything that will harm anyone other than yourself.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I wonder if Sammy Watkins is also drinking ****** beer/alcohol at parties. If so, I say he gets the death penalty.

JoeJoeBrown
05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I wonder if Sammy Watkins is also drinking ****** beer/alcohol at parties. If so, I say he gets the death penalty.

Yeah, I can't get mad about this stuff.

False indignation by a bunch of idiot reporters and "analysts" that are a few IQ points north of full re-tard and probably did (and some still do) partake in much more depraved activities.

College sports is completely messed up, but it's not because this kid got caught with some MJ.

Unbiased
05-04-2012, 11:19 PM

I think you're missing a huge detail. He was operating a vehicle.

If he got a DWI with alcohol, you wouldn't say, "Everyone drinks in college."

That's not the point. Nothing wrong with using alcohol or marijuana to me, but get the **** off the road if you're going to do it.

GallopingGhost
05-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Only two things i can obtain from this thread and article.
**** the Five-O
and.....
**** the uninformed

WCH
05-05-2012, 12:07 AM
He should have gone to Michigan -- weed is decriminalized in Ann Arbor. This would be my sales pitch if I were recruiting players for UofM.

gator3guy
05-05-2012, 01:21 AM
It's the offseason!!!

prock
05-05-2012, 02:47 AM
The only thing getting caught with aderrall and weed mean is that is was actually studying for finals, unless most athletes. Yeah, he is dumb for being caught, but he is literally doing the same thing every other college student does this time of year.

prock
05-05-2012, 02:49 AM

That's not the point. Nothing wrong with using alcohol or marijuana to me, but get the **** off the road if you're going to do it.

Wait, he was driving on adderall and/or pot????? Arrest him.

It's finals time. Yeah he ****** up, but at least he is being a student. He will be fine. Don't hold this against him, this **** happens. Trust me.

Caulibflower
05-05-2012, 05:58 AM

You are the first person to mention drinking. There is a reason it was not a DWI. You'd think if he spent the night in prison for simple possession he'd be looking at worse if there was grounds for it.

In other words, marijuana affects a person in a completely different way than alcohol, and that's apparent in the ability to operate a vehicle as much as anything else. Unless you're talking about some teenager with zero tolerance, most smokers could pass a standard driving test after smoking.

wicket
05-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Drug arrest rates by race (http://www.hrw.org/news/2009/03/02/us-drug-arrests-skewed-race)

that research could also jsut mean there are more black people using.

FUNBUNCHER
05-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Sammy Watkins needs to chill out. He has two more mandatory years of college football before he can declare and IMO he's already a lock top 15 pick whenever he comes out.

I hope it was youthful indiscretion and not a sign of someone who enjoys getting high on cannabis and pharmaceuticals.

If he gets busted again for anything harder than alcohol, his draft stock is going to take a hit.

Every game I saw Clemson play last season, except against WVU, Watkins looked by far like the most talented football player on the field. I'd hate to see him mess up his pro career before it's even started.

FUNBUNCHER
05-05-2012, 08:16 AM
that research could also jsut mean there are more black people using.

LOL!! Are you serious??

Let's say in a population of 20 people, 17 White, 3 Black, a third from each group are weed heads. That's about 6 White people and ONE Black guy.

According to national statistics, that one Black guy is arrested 5x more than than the collective amount of arrests by the six White people.

If cops randomly targeted White kids in most American suburbs and HS, there would be a spike in the amount of drug arrests for that demographic.

Justice isn't blind. Watkins needs to figure out what's up.

JJ3dk6KAvQM

Jimmy
05-05-2012, 08:18 AM

is it really, though?

this is ONE week worth of crime log entries for my college. it's bound to be an athlete every now and then.

http://huntnewsnu.com/2010/09/crime-log-65/

wicket
05-05-2012, 08:24 AM
LOL!! Are you serious??

Let's say in a population of 20 people, 17 White, 3 Black, a third from each group are weed heads. That's about 6 White people and ONE Black guy.

According to national statistics, that one Black guy is arrested 5x more than than the collective amount of arrests by the six White people.

If cops randomly targeted White kids in most American suburbs and HS, there would be a spike in the amount of drug arrests for that demographic.

Justice isn't blind. Watkins needs to figure out what's up.

JJ3dk6KAvQM

LOL!! Are you serious, did you seriously not get that i was just complaining about how it was presented??????

gator3guy
05-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Chip don't do it!!!!!!!!

critesy
05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
:lol: :rofl:

only cause im an auburn fan and he raped us last year. so id rather not play him haha.

FUNBUNCHER
05-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Chip don't do it!!!!!!!!

LOL!!:evil_laugh:

Flyboy
05-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Chip don't do it!!!!!!!!

Such a classic.