PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft Bold Suggestion

Duffman57
05-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Mine this year is that Michael Clay the MLB from Oregon should go in the same range as Lavonte David, and is better than Sean Spence is as a player.

Whats you're bold suggestion this year?

Razor
05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Obviously this is very early, but depending on underclassmen I could see five QBs taken in the first next year - maybe even six.

OSUGiants17
05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Landry Jones drops out of the first 2 rounds while guys like Geno Smith and Mike Glennon move up into the first two rounds.

Bixby (Thumper)
05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Alec Ogletree is the best linebacker in this class and Georgia's defense has at least 7 players drafted (Ogletree, Jones, Washington, Jenkins, Geathers, Rambo, Smith).

bam bam
05-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Landry Jones derp de der. Michael Clay ta tittaly tum ta too. Matt Barkley derp dee derp da teetley derpee derpee dumb.

tjsunstein
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
The Jaguars don't take a first round QB after another abysmal season by Gabbert.

CowboysBeastMode
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
matt barkeley falls out of the top 3

holt_bruce81
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Landry Jones derp de der. Michael Clay ta tittaly tum ta too. Matt Barkley derp dee derp da teetley derpee derpee dumb.

I don't even know what this means.

Mine.....Landry Jones gets drafted in Day....3.

TuckNole
05-06-2012, 08:04 PM
FSU will have 9 players drafted from it's defense. Though, I don't think this is that bold anymore as everyone seems to be predicting it.

Big Bird
05-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Landry Jones, but you have to be crazy to deny his arm talent. Far superior arm to Sam Bradford coming out. He isn't nearly as accurate, but Jones he has the tools to fit it into the tight windows.

mqtirishfan
05-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Mine this year is that Michael Clay the MLB from Oregon should go in the same range as Lavonte David, and is better than Sean Spence is as a player.

Man, that sure is one bold prediction.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Great post, or greatest post?

49erNation85
05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Freaking way to early in the season to be talking about 2013 draft. Wait until Jan next year gawd.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Freaking way to early in the season to be talking about 2013 draft. Wait until Jan next year gawd.

Maybe we should just wait until Kellen Moore and Tim Tebow dominate the NFL this season, right?

49erNation85
05-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Maybe we should just wait until Kellen Moore and Tim Tebow dominate the NFL this season, right?

It will happen just watch. Stafford will get hurt Moore will come in and be a big hit will Titus Young again. Also Tebow only has to beat out Sanchize and its a big possibility so don't hate.

bruschis4all
05-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Silas Redd has a huge season for PSU. O'Brien will utilize his speed and catching ability better than previous staff from the spread. He will declare and be a 2nd round pick.

Mr. Goosemahn
05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
It will happen just watch. Stafford will get hurt Moore will come in and be a big hit will Titus Young again. Also Tebow only has to beat out Sanchize and its a big possibility so don't hate.

It'll be a disappointment if he doesn't.

RCAChainGang
05-06-2012, 10:21 PM

That would make an incredibly depressing offseason.

fenikz
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
LSU & Alabama both have 5 prospects selected in the top 50

TACKLE
05-06-2012, 10:38 PM
LSU & Alabama both have 5 prospects selected in the top 50

Bama has 3 interior O-Lineman taken in the 1st round.

keylime_5
05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
The first overall pick gets traded for multiple first round draft picks.

gator3guy
05-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Landry Jones, but you have to be crazy to deny his arm talent. Far superior arm to Sam Bradford coming out. He isn't nearly as accurate, but Jones he has the tools to fit it into the tight windows.

I'm a little surprised he came back. Obviously he has things to work on, but Blake Bell really started to take over goaline duties at the end of the year (can't really blame Stoops, he was dominate). He only threw 1 TD in the final 4 games of the season. Not that stats mean everything for draft position, but it's got to be frustrating to drive your team down the field and get taken out in a sub package. I wonder if their was a little agreement with Stoops?

ChiFan24
05-07-2012, 04:49 AM

++++++++++rep

Babylon
05-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Might as well stay right there in Eugene and say if Kiko Alonso can stay off the police blotter he might be a Brian Urlacher type athlete at the next level.

mqtirishfan
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
The first overall pick gets traded for multiple first round draft picks.

I agree with this. Mostly because I am really low on the Browns and Dolphins.

keylime_5
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I agree with this. Mostly because I am really low on the Browns and Dolphins.

yeah, and to expound on that, the only teams I think that have a legit shot at the worst record this year who could take a QB next year are the Jags and Bills. The odds are against the worst team next year needing a QB. I think Tampa and Kansas City (who I've seen near the top in some early mocks) will both be picking in the teens, or in the 5-10 range at worst. Those teams have too much talent to be #1 in 2013. I suppose if Weeden bombs the Browns could go QB, but I'm not counting on that.

Duffman57
05-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Might as well stay right there in Eugene and say if Kiko Alonso can stay off the police blotter he might be a Brian Urlacher type athlete at the next level.

Haha Kiko has one of the best arrest stories of all time. He was just smashed, bbroke into a place that he thought was his buddys house, fell asleep on the couch and when the guy tried to wake him up, he tried to fight the guy for breaking into his friends place...

He's a freakish athlete though....haha

Leon Sandcastle
05-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Obviously this is very early, but depending on underclassmen I could see five QBs taken in the first next year - maybe even six.

Barkley, Wilson, Jones look like locks right now. Will be interesting to see if Bray and Thomas declare and there's always a chance a team falls in love with Geno Smith, E.J. Manuel and Mike Glennon.

I think you could be right.

SolidGold
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Collin Klein gets drafted in the 2nd round. He was a huge running threat this past year and from what I have read he has developed his passing - he threw for 460 yds in the spring game. Teams will view him as a Tim Tebow lite.

stl9erfan
05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Homer pick: Stanford has two first rounders again (DE Chase Thomas and LB Shayne Skov)

Big Bird
05-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Collin Klein gets drafted in the 2nd round. He was a huge running threat this past year and from what I have read he has developed his passing - he threw for 460 yds in the spring game. Teams will view him as a Tim Tebow lite.
Klein does run a lot like Tebow, actually. I've only evaluated one of his games so far (Baylor from last year) and didn't mind what I saw. I need a closer look though. Their offense is fairly simple and they are all about the run, constantly running the same plays but just with a different winkle. I love it because if I was coaching, I would be doing the same thing. He has the play action down. A little bit of a hitch in his delivery and his front leg is too straight on delivery. Throws accuracy off a bit, pushing it a little high. Also leaves you susceptible to being hurt if somebody rolls into the leg (Tom Brady).

Like I said, I need to watch more of Klein. I don't mind his skill-set though. Very tough and intelligent guy.

Don Vito
05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Bama and LSU each have 3 defensive players taken in the first, and Georgia has two (maybe 3)

Iamcanadian
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
There are 7 contenders for the worst team in this order:

Indy - Will need a few drafts to come up to snuff even with a great QB.
Jacksonville - Have to question their owner and GM as to competence, I'm not seeing a whole lot just yet.
Cleveland - Another owner who has yet to prove he knows what he is doing, and their management team is still questionable as to competence.
Buffalo - Owner was forced by the new CBA to spend some money when faced with a hard cap, otherwise he has never in the cap era made any real attempt to produce a winner as he rarely signed his high priced FA's like Lynch or Peters.
Miami - Is their a capable QB on the team. I'm just not sure and their owner leaves a lot to be desired.
Minny - Can Ponders be a real efficient NFL starting QB, I'm just not sure???
St. Louis Will Bradford finally have a breakout year after missing out on Blackmon/ Floyd. Their FO is still questionable although I really believe that Fisher will get the most out of them, talent or not.

Big Bird
05-07-2012, 07:46 PM

Jacksonville - Have to question their owner and GM as to competence, I'm not seeing a whole lot just yet.
Cleveland - Another owner who has yet to prove he knows what he is doing, and their management team is still questionable as to competence.
Buffalo - Owner was forced by the new CBA to spend some money when faced with a hard cap, otherwise he has never in the cap era made any real attempt to produce a winner as he rarely signed his high priced FA's like Lynch or Peters.
Miami - Is their a capable QB on the team. I'm just not sure and their owner leaves a lot to be desired.
St. Louis Will Bradford finally have a breakout year after missing out on Blackmon/ Floyd. Their FO is still questionable although I really believe that Fisher will get the most out of them, talent or not.
You keep bringing up the owners like they actually make football decisions. They don't make anywhere near the amount of football decisions that you are implying with this post...

Bixby (Thumper)
05-07-2012, 07:56 PM

And how is this relevant to this thread? And I love how you question the inner workings of an NFL team like you actually know what the hell goes on.

Don Vito
05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
If Bradford sucks it up this year maybe St. Louis would look at a QB, and with Washington's first rounder they could maybe pull of both Barkley and Robert Woods. Wouldn't be bad to bring them both in somewhere together at all.

gator3guy
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Klein does run a lot like Tebow, actually. I've only evaluated one of his games so far (Baylor from last year) and didn't mind what I saw. I need a closer look though. Their offense is fairly simple and they are all about the run, constantly running the same plays but just with a different winkle. I love it because if I was coaching, I would be doing the same thing. He has the play action down. A little bit of a hitch in his delivery and his front leg is too straight on delivery. Throws accuracy off a bit, pushing it a little high. Also leaves you susceptible to being hurt if somebody rolls into the leg (Tom Brady).

Like I said, I need to watch more of Klein. I don't mind his skill-set though. Very tough and intelligent guy.

I LOVE Klein as a football player. The guy is a warrior. But I don't see him as an NFL QB unless he drastically improved his mechanics and arm strength in the offseason. I do however think he has a spot in the NFL. TE/H-Back/FB/Wildcat QB. I think he could help a team.

SolidGold
05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
I LOVE Klein as a football player. The guy is a warrior. But I don't see him as an NFL QB unless he drastically improved his mechanics and arm strength in the offseason. I do however think he has a spot in the NFL. TE/H-Back/FB/Wildcat QB. I think he could help a team.

Klein really should of been in the Heisman convo but ESPN hijacked that with the Griffin hype machine. He was really the whole offense of that football team. I am eager to see whether or not Klein has improved the passing element of his game.

essential
05-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Bills take a QB early (1st/2nd), even if Fitzpatrick has a good year.

JRTPlaya21
05-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Who are these 9 FSU defensive players that will get drafted??

Wootylicous
05-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Tyler Bray is gonna be the best QB in this draft.

Duffman57
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM

I can think of quite a few. Not all first rounders, but werner, Jenkins, Carradine, Moody, Rhodes, Reed, the DT (I think its like McDaniel or something), then there's at least 1 or 2 LBs that I can't remember. That's 8 or 9 right there.

jbooshey
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Montee Ball is taken as the top RB in the draft, ahead of Marcus Lattimore.

bonebreak2000
05-09-2012, 11:10 AM
matt barkeley falls out of the top 3

I like it. QB it getting pushed up every year but I like this one. Could even see it happening.

Flyboy
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Montee Ball is taken as the top RB in the draft, ahead of Marcus Lattimore.

Now that is bold.

The only one I really have but it's not really bold is that Landry Jones will not be a first round pick.

ramsrule
05-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Miami will break its drought of not having anyone selected in the first round. I say Henderson (he is finally healthy and looking good at RT) and Ray Ray Armstrong (showed up in the best shape of anyone - realizes this is his year to make money. Should prove to be more of a playmaker).

Like many, I also feel quarterback will be a strong position this year. In addition to the obvious players, there will be a few lesser knowns who will step up and put themselves in a position to become high draft choices.

1funguy
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Homer pick alert!! (and screw Kiper for thumping his chest about the guy) :lynched:

Logan Thomas declares & beats out Barkley as first QB taken in the draft. :cj:

Razor
05-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Homer pick alert!! (and screw Kiper for thumping his chest about the guy) :lynched:

Logan Thomas declares & beats out Barkley as first QB taken in the draft. :cj:

The funny thing is that he doesn't have to beat out Barkley. Barkley will do that all by himself. He needs to beat out Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray which will prove much more difficult.

TuckNole
05-13-2012, 01:27 AM

Brandon Jenkins
Tank Carradine
Bjoern Werner
Christian Jones
Xavier Rhodes
Greg Reid
Everette Dawkins
Amp McCloud
Nick Moody

I feel good picking the first 8. Moody is iffy cause he is changing positions. There is also the possibility (low) that Lamarcus Joyner could come out early and Vince Williams could sneak in late. I think that the first 5 guys could all go in the top 50 picks.

Bills2083
05-14-2012, 09:16 AM

Really, the Bills are the 4th most likely team to be picking #1. GTF outta here with that ****. Your reasoning for it is completely irrelevant to the Bills picking #1. Ok, so you think Ralph is cheap.. what in the world does that have to do with the Bills picking #1? Only teams with supposed cheap owners get the first pick?

EDIT: first off, if you're going to be saying that he doesn't sign high-priced FAs, at least use players that fit that category, such as Pat Williams/Nate Clements. Lynch was not a high-priced player while he was here, he just got into off the field problems and didn't fit in with the team. Secondly, here are some of the high-priced FAs he has recently signed... Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Levitre/Byrd are most likely going to be re-upped this year as well.

I can't wait to hear your reasoning on why the Bills are picking #1.....

stlouisfan37
05-15-2012, 03:53 AM
If Bradford sucks it up this year maybe St. Louis would look at a QB, and with Washington's first rounder they could maybe pull of both Barkley and Robert Woods. Wouldn't be bad to bring them both in somewhere together at all.

Fisher really likes Bradford and he was one main reasons why he chose St. Louis over Miami. Sam is on his 3rd OC in 3 years, in a completely new system. I guarantee he will not be sent to the scrap heap after one year even if he has a rough season.