PDA

View Full Version : DBZ - Frieza Saga Game Time - Day 11 - Page 116

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 07:27 AM
If SP is a fool as suggested, I don't think he poses any real threat to the town, at least as of now. Perhaps it is better to let him throw around statements and accusations and judge others' reactions to them.
i dont think he is a fool, i think he is incompetent.

Caddy
05-07-2012, 07:28 AM
If SP is a fool as suggested, I don't think he poses any real threat to the town, at least as of now. Perhaps it is better to let him throw around statements and accusations and judge others' reactions to them.

I don't like being told what to do by a new guy...

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 07:30 AM
even if he is a fool, once the town knows it, there is no use as no one will take his statements and accusations seriously.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I think it would be much smarter to lynch someone that acts suspicious or is inactive than just a completely random person.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 07:33 AM
i can never tell with you if you are suspicious or just being dumb therefore its always suspicious.

ImBrotherCain
05-07-2012, 07:36 AM
rmcbrid has been replaced by NJX

A Perfect Score
05-07-2012, 07:38 AM
rmcbrid has been replaced by NJX

Well that solves it.

vote: njx

TheBoyWonder22
05-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Just caught up before work......not much to work with. I'm really thinking the inactive route is the way to go. If not, well, there is always SP, GG or TBW.
..........woah woah woah. Are you really grouping me with those two? I mean seriously? Rob was one of my favorite posters until I saw this...damn.

UKfan
05-07-2012, 07:41 AM
After some of the ish you have done TBW, why not? :) I kid

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 07:42 AM
i dont think he is a fool, i think he is incompetent.

even if he is a fool, once the town knows it, there is no use as no one will take his statements and accusations seriously.

Either way, I don't see SP ever being able to rally anyone to lynching someone, whether wrongly or rightly. But I assume his posts won't be entirely ignored, and so long as they aren't, then we are provided the chance for someone to slip-up or simply learn more about the others, so he still provides a potential positive, with no threat being actually posed.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 07:47 AM
..........woah woah woah. Are you really grouping me with those two? I mean seriously? Rob was one of my favorite posters until I saw this...damn.

You're worse than me.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Battle Of The Bottomfeeders

UKfan
05-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Battle Of The Bottomfeeders

Sounds like some sort of B-movie!

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
and it will play out just like that

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:06 AM
I think it would be much smarter to lynch someone that acts suspicious or is inactive than just a completely random person.

Eh, honestly SP, you aren't as bad as people claim (nor is TBW, I just like to razz him). That being said, I'm not quite sure I like the way you have acted thus far even, being very short, but still trying to deflect from yourself. It isn't the defensive freakout Gonzo has had in the past, but something to take note of.

People I find suspicious so far:
-SuperPacker (as stated above)

-Cigaro (I don't know how he plays, but he seemed to burst onto the scene and try to take some control)

-Vidae (Not sure why, gut feeling, nothing personal vidae)

-UKFan (Seems to be tossing out accusations and trying to get a lynch fairly quickly. Just doesn't seem like his M.O. I can expand if need be)

I don't think Gonzo would play this "chill Gonzo" card if he was evil. Don't think he would switch it up like that if it was the case, so I feel pretty solid that he is good.

UKfan
05-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Please expand Shane-o.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:09 AM
But with barely half of the people showing up so far (or having 1-2 posts,) it is hard to get a read. We'll see I guess. *shrug*

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
i agree with gonzo. if he was evil he wouldnt suddenly change how he plays, he knows it woudl garner too much attention

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Please expand Shane-o.

First, let me say that my track record Day 1 is mediocre at best. I nabbed Gonzo two games ago, and got lucky once with Renji during the Star Wars game. Past that, my inklings have usually pointed to someone good.

For UKFan, he agrees with us on lynching an inactive (which in and of itself is not damning evidence or anything).
Can't hurt I guess, usually it seems someone says something stupid and we lynch an innocent.

Then, a lyncher claim
Gotta be honest, you are slightly making me think you are a lyncher right now.

Continues a push
Also Renji that sounds like a solid plan once it has been decided who we shall lead to their doom!

Cigaro shows up, he asks for someone else
who else we got?

Still threatens Cigaro
And Cigaro, yes temporarily, we may choose to lynch you another day or may not, its just the way it...

Tries to rile up TBW
After some of the ish you have done TBW, why not?

Just seems like a lot Day 1. 1 or 2 of these, I wouldn't care much. But something to keep in mind.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I've played 4 mafia games and in every one i've been 'suspicious'...

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Obviously I'm reaching a bit...but that is Day 1.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:15 AM
I've played 4 mafia games and in every one i've been 'suspicious'...

How many times have you actually used your night action/power? :D

Caddy
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Yeah I can get on board with the UKfan suspicions. He is usually a lot quieter. That said, I'm just about to head off to bed so I'm not going to bother throwing out a vote at this stage.

Hopefully you guys don't lynch another doctor on Day 1 while I'm gone.

UKfan
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Lol Shane, good hatchet job on the TBW quote :) meh I just want some direction day 1, not for it to last forever!

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
How many times have you actually used your night action/power? :D

I've only had a night action in one and we've already been over it :P

UKfan
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah I can get on board with the UKfan suspicions. He is usually a lot quieter. That said, I'm just about to head off to bed so I'm not going to bother throwing out a vote at this stage.

Hopefully you guys don't lynch another doctor on Day 1 while I'm gone.

I'm more active as it is Bank Holiday Monday here and I have the day off work, so killing time here.

Caddy
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm more active as it is Bank Holiday Monday here and I have the day off work, so killing time here.

A public holiday. HOW CONVENIENT.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Do Americans have holidays that sound ridiculous? Bank Holiday seems like a ridiculous term :). I recognize it means the same as like public holiday or national holiday, but it still sounds funny to me, lol.

I learned something today at least! I looked up the history, and for that I thank you UKFan.

UKfan
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Do Americans have holidays that sound ridiculous? Bank Holiday seems like a ridiculous term :). I recognize it means the same as like public holiday or national holiday, but it still sounds funny to me, lol.

I learned something today at least! I looked up the history, and for that I thank you UKFan.

S'all good my trans-atlantic chum

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
i agree with gonzo. if he was evil he wouldnt suddenly change how he plays, he knows it woudl garner too much attention

I could argue that one would want to change up and stay "fresh" in order to keep others constantly guessing. New style of play is not indicative of ones role imo.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 08:27 AM
I obviously don't know how UKfan has played previously, but seems some logical points were provided for suspicion.

Of course, the general exhibition of the suspicious qualities of others is a naturally suspicious act in itself...

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I could argue that one would want to change up and stay "fresh" in order to keep others constantly guessing. New style of play is not indicative of ones role imo.

It's worked well for me in the past to use it as a way to identify people. Once you "know" you are a certain role, it changes your mindset and thus your actions, whether consciously of subconsciously.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:36 AM
btw, is there a recent vote count? or is this another 452 page day one?

It's a 452 page day one with nothing really to show for it.

scottyboy
05-07-2012, 08:41 AM
lynching APS is always a good and fun idea.

Superpacker is playing weird. even for him. so lynch happy

also bank holiday is just silly. Can you use the atm today?

UKfan
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Yes, in fact I plan to in the near future dear drunken Scooter (short for Scooter Pie).

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 08:43 AM
It's worked well for me in the past to use it as a way to identify people. Once you "know" you are a certain role, it changes your mindset and thus your actions, whether consciously of subconsciously.

I guess due to certain training I have received in the military, I try to compensate for that. There is a small part of me that wants you to have to "work" for what you can deduce about my role.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Caddy has more than double the posts of anyone in this thread. Well over double even. Normally I'd be inclined to say that someone anti-town wouldn't post that much, but knowing how Caddy plays, that may just be what he wants us to think.

Otherwise, this has to be the worst day ever. We don't have the usual GG/Broth type first day screw up to go off of.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
lynching APS is always a good and fun idea.

Superpacker is playing weird. even for him. so lynch happy

Oh wow. 'Lynch happy'...

Tell me who i've voted for today. It's funny how you make out there's an actual reason you find me suspicious.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Oh wow. 'Lynch happy'...

Tell me who i've voted for today. It's funny how you make out there's an actual reason you find me suspicious.

Now he is getting a bit defensive. Unless someone else has a better plan, I'm going.

Vote: SuperPacker

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm not getting defensive because Scotty thinks i'm mafia. I'm getting defensive because he's just making up reasons as to why i'm suspicious, because he find's me annoying.

scottyboy
05-07-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm not getting defensive because Scotty thinks i'm mafia. I'm getting defensive because he's just making up reasons as to why i'm suspicious, because he find's me annoying.

i honestly don't care if you're annoying or not. hell, i'm annoying as **** and people don't lynch me because i'm somewhat, kinda, almost competent at this game. ok, maybe I'm giving myself too much credit, but everytime someone suggests you, you just go to the "it's only because they don't like me and think i'm annoying!"

and shane and renji, 2 of the best known players at this also echo suspicions.

vote SuperPacker

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
i honestly don't care if you're annoying or not. hell, i'm annoying as **** and people don't lynch me because i'm somewhat, kinda, almost competent at this game. ok, maybe I'm giving myself too much credit, but everytime someone suggests you, you just go to the "it's only because they don't like me and think i'm annoying!"

and shane and renji, 2 of the best known players at this also echo suspicions

So how have i been lynch happy? Please explain...

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Updated Vote Count:

njx (3): Bulldogs, SuperMcGee, APS
JBond (1): Gonzo
Vidae (1): ATL
APS (1): njx
Gonzo (1): Broth
Cigaro (1): Renji
SuperPacker (2): JBond, Scotty

With 31 people alive, 16 needed for majority

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of awesome formatting, IBC and I are both swamped at work, I hope I got everyone's vote right, just did a quick look through all the pages and looked for bolded things...

P.S. R4L voted for DG as well.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
dg is playing?

No, he's not, I just felt like noting it. Broth also voted for Frieza. People keeping me on my toes.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
SuperPacker, normally I'd try to defend ya buddy but Day 1 is dragging and lynching someone who speaks a lot but says little might be the best way to go. Who knows, maybe you're even evil!

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
If you want to lynch me because you're bored, whatever, but you're just lynching someone that actually plays the game and i'd still say lynching someone that probably won't do much would be a better option.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Updated Vote Count:

njx (3): Bulldogs, SuperMcGee, APS
Cigaro (1): Renji
SuperPacker (4): JBond, Scotty, njx, BeerBaron

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 09:24 AM
If you want to lynch me because you're bored, whatever, but you're just lynching someone that actually plays the game and i'd still say lynching someone that probably won't do much would be a better option.

I'm going to hold my vote at present.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
I actually like both SP and TBW and think they are fine posters in general. You both aren't great at this game though. I'm also still bitter about TBW playing the worst individual game in the history of mafia.

SP seems like a solid choice day one, but I want to go through and make sure everyone has at least posted on day one before I make a call.

EDIT: I am at work and then have class, so can't do this till later as it takes time. I'll be checking periodically, but won't be totally caught up/able to do fact checking until late tonight at around 10 EST.....if we want to lynch before that, however, I highly suggest we at least see if anyone hasn't posted or is especially inactive.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
CJ is too nice.

Gotta watch him though...he makes for a sneaky serial killer.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I used to like you Roberto :(

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I actually like both SP and TBW and think they are fine posters in general. You both aren't great at this game though. I'm also still bitter about TBW playing the worst individual game in the history of mafia.

SP seems like a solid choice day one, but I want to go through and make sure everyone has at least posted on day one before I make a call.

I actually just checked on who has yet to post and 30 of the 31 players have posted. (it was a rough count, I'm swamped at work...worst timing ever for a big release) I'm still trying to figure out who's missing.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Wooty i think.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Wooty i think.

It is woot it looks like. So people waiting to hear from everyone....we're almost there. Unless someone makes a big fuckup/dumb suggestion soon, we're going to have to start going on the whole lotta' nothing this thread has so far provided.

If there was ever a time to trust your gut, now is it.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Woot is really hit or miss usually with posting, but when he posts he is extremely active, still if he doesnt post today I would probably favor killing an inactive.....I'd like to see who just has one post as well.....I consider them just as useless.

Raiderz4Life
05-07-2012, 09:37 AM
dg is playing?

i'd rather vote out SP than APS. but only barely.

unvote: aps
vote: sp

Lol no no he's not but I thought I'd vote for him just in case =)

Idk if I'm ready to hop on the SP train yet...it'll happen though. You give most kids a rope...they wanna be a cowboy...you give SP a rope...nakes a noose and hangs himself with it lol

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Im on my way out, don't lynch me when i'm gone.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 09:39 AM

Idk if I'm ready to hop on the SP train yet...it'll happen though. You give most kids a rope...they wanna be a cowboy...you give SP a rope...nakes a noose and hangs himself with it lol

Hehe, i quite like that!

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
One time posters for anyone curious:

D-Unit 1
Jensen 1
CashmoneyDrew 1
Trogdor 1

I realize it's a fallacy, but seriously, jensen eventually has to be good right?

And of course, D-Unit making one pretty useless post. I imagine he'll be more active later though since it's probably like 4-5 AM where he's at. If not though....suspicion goes way up.

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 09:40 AM

If I didn't have so many sig quotes already, that would make a great one.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
One time posters for anyone curious:

D-Unit 1
Jensen 1
CashmoneyDrew 1
Trogdor 1
I realize it's a fallacy, but seriously, jensen eventually has to be good right?

And of course, D-Unit making one pretty useless post. I imagine he'll be more active later though since it's probably like 4-5 AM where he's at. If not though....suspicion goes way up.

The bolded guys worry me if only because I could see them keeping up inactivity. I feel like CMD and D are usually active and this is just an anomoly for them.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
If I didn't have so many sig quotes already, that would make a great one.

Hey! I'm already using it!

Thank you R4L <3

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 09:46 AM
The bolded guys worry me if only because I could see them keeping up inactivity. I feel like CMD and D are usually active and this is just an anomoly for them.

Agreed. If the inactivity keeps up, they'll be major targets down the line.

Hey! I'm already using it!

Thank you R4L <3

I think SP is post-masochistic. He feeds off of insults and **** talk, lol

Rob S
05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Agreed. If the inactivity keeps up, they'll be major targets down the line.

The question is, do we just lynch them now knowing that it may be a problem? Keeping active guys (even if they are ridiculous sometimes - SP) can at least gain us some info possibly. If someone is just going to not post they are useless and annoying.

A Perfect Score
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I was just trying to troll njx by voting for him, but I forgot he's too
Cool to care. I'll jump on the SuperPacker vote train, since he's erratic and unreliable and I probably wouldn't trust
Him even if he could prove he's good. Also, **** having another game
With 20 pages of first day discussion. I cant bold on my phone, but my votes count!

Unvote: njx
Vote: SuperPacker.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
unlynch
lynch SuperPacker

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't get the votes for SuperPacker. I understand alot of people find him annoying but it just seems like a wasted lynch. At least he tries to generate discussion (not all of it useful) unlike some players. I also wouldn't publicly back him like this if I thought he was actually evil unless I was the dumbest mafia member ever.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Updated Vote Count:

njx (2): Bulldogs, SuperMcGee (both voted for rmcbrid...)
SuperPacker (6): JBond, Scotty, njx, BeerBaron, APS, Renji

A Perfect Score
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't get the votes for SuperPacker. I understand alot of people find him annoying but it just seems like a wasted lynch. At least he tries to generate discussion (not all of it useful) unlike some players. I also wouldn't publicly back him like this if I thought he was actually evil unless I was the dumbest mafia member ever.

Day 1 is always a crapshoot. We have no info, nobody ever acts suspiciously and we end up taking 20 pages to lynch an innocent. Might as well save ourselves some discussion and lynch a random early. And that random might as well be someone who won't ever be taken seriously anyways.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
okay. THATS EXACTLY WHAT MAFIA WOULD SAY!

Brothgar
05-07-2012, 10:05 AM
unvote: Gonzo
Vote: Super Packer

APS is right.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Vote: Bulldogs

Reading through the thread, he struck me suspiciously, still does. Tempted to go SuperPacker, but I really doubt he's any threat.

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 10:14 AM

Reading through the thread, he struck me suspiciously, still does. Tempted to go SuperPacker, but I really doubt he's any threat.

In which way? I've always advocated lynching inactives nothing about me has changed.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
In which way? I've always advocated lynching inactives nothing about me has changed.

I don't know your past mafia history, but you simply strike me as suspicious. It was between you and SP for my vote, and you're more suspicious IMO.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2012, 10:19 AM
unvote: njx

Though I probably shouldn't.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Something about this post just registered as a smokescreen for me;

If I was evil I'd obviously be this sexy beast.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll144/Animefan8990/DBZ/Jeice3-1.png

Jensen
05-07-2012, 10:23 AM

there is not going to be any relevant discussion and nobody ever slips up on day 1 really. i have a sneaking suspicion bulldogs is evil though.

Ngatachance92
05-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I'll vote for SP just because its day one, more info probably isn't coming at this point and someone has to die.

Lynch:SuperPacker

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
That was just Caddy and I having a good time.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
can we get about 3-4 more people that get a vote for the sensor

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Lynch:SuperPacker

Same reason as many others.

Raiderz4Life
05-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Well I can agree day one is always a crapshoot.
lynch sp

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Updated Vote Count:

njx (1): Bulldogs (voted for rmcbrid...)
SuperPacker (11): JBond, Scotty, njx, BeerBaron, APS, Renji, broth, Jensen, ngata, CJ, R4L
Bulldogs (1): Cigaro

scottyboy
05-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Bulldogs is always freaking suspicious. Good or mafia

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I havent got time to say much, but seriously?

Just vote SP because someone everyone else is? I'm good and im active, WAY better than someone who's good and NOT active.

I understand wanting to not take long on the first day, but i don't understand lynching someone that will actually play the game over someone that won't.

UKfan
05-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I genuinely don't believe SP is evil, and therefore don't really want to vote for him all things considered, I am happy to help out on the sensor front though if there is someone we would want voted for on that front?

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
id be open to be voted for if that clears me

also sp. role claim?

SuperMcGee
05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
vote: Renji

You're welcome.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Har. Didn't even see your post.

I did it because you're evil!

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 10:43 AM
id be open to be voted for if that clears me

also sp. role claim?

Seriously. You want me to role claim already...

Rob S
05-07-2012, 10:44 AM

Ugh....I was just warming to the idea of getting the votes in for SP and getting the game moving, then this. You're a good player, so it's probably just a slip up, but this is such a mafioso post. Idk what to do now....I'm going to hold my vote for the time being to see if some discussion gets going.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM
hey u roleclaim if u r about to die. normal procedure

Trogdor
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Fully back now and active (promise!). Once I get done catching up I'll post more.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Seriously. You want me to role claim already...

Dude, that may be the only way to not die if you are in fact good. If you can be of serious help to the town and thats why you dont want to do it, there are protectors now, so say so......we all wish jvig was able to speak up faster in firefly.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Yes, i'm useful to the town. I scout people to see if they have powerful roles. So if someone is an investigator im assuming it would come back saying "good - high power role" or something like that.

If you don't kill me protect me at night.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes, i'm useful to the town. I scout people to see if they have powerful roles. So if someone is an investigator im assuming it would come back saying "good - high power role" or something like that.

If you don't kill me protect me at night.

meh.....I'm not terribly experienced in mafia, but I have never seen a scout role. This is dubious....also, the "power" is subjective. IDK. If your power is what you say it is (modified role cop), it would suck to lose you, but idk.

Has anyone more experienced seen something like this in mafia before.

scottyboy
05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Never seen it but I'm not sure he's smart enough to make something like that up. Idk. If he's right, them everyone unvotes him, switches to bulldogs who then has another reasoning and then we're back to square one

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
not sure if i would doubt him. sounds like a dbz role. could very much be an evil role though since they are the ones relying on scouters

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
meh.....I'm not terribly experienced in mafia, but I have never seen a scout role. This is dubious....also, the "power" is subjective. IDK. If your power is what you say it is (modified role cop), it would suck to lose you, but idk.

Has anyone more experienced seen something like this in mafia before.

I will say that there may be some new/modified roles in this game, but that one seems fishy for the same "subjective" reason you mentioned.

Trogdor
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Collectively SP is suspicious to me especially his immediate defensive stance against Scotty has me leaning towards voting but with 11 votes he has more than enough pressure to have to defend himself. I will state my intent to vote for him if that's the direction we want to go to drop the hammer. I just think voting for someone else will be more productive at this stage.

GOW's calling for a role claim when he's more than five votes away though is curious. If people want to vote additionally for him they can also state the intent to add more pressure on SP.

Without question the most suspicious post to me so far.

I'll be around most of the day unless the American Airlines finds my luggage and I have to drive to the airport to pick it up.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
I guess im just a weakend cop or something like that. I dont really know though.

CJSchneider
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
not sure if i would doubt him. sounds like a dbz role. could very much be an evil role though since they are the ones relying on scouters

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/056/over9000.jpg

Yeah, that could easily be a modified DBZ role now that I think about it.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Hang on hang on hang on....Did SuperPacker just admit to being a scout? As in...has a scouter?

ONLY the bad guys would have that power per the theme of the game. Let's not make the same mistake last time around when Caddy admitted this power but went ignored.

My vote remains unchanged. That seems like a suspiciously evil power SuperPacker.

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 11:06 AM
SPs role sounds fake but I could be wrong.

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm checking in! let me read 15 pages :/

Rob S
05-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Hang on hang on hang on....Did SuperPacker just admit to being a scout? As in...has a scouter?

ONLY the bad guys would have that power per the theme of the game. Let's not make the same mistake last time around when Caddy admitted this power but went ignored.

My vote remains unchanged. That seems like a suspiciously evil power SuperPacker.

I don't know DBZ well enough......care to enlighten me?

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:07 AM

There's the post you just cited, and when you combine it with his 'Oh, if I were evil I'd be ________', which was passed off as simply 'playing around', and of course now he's jumping on the lynch SP bandwagon now that his name is being tossed around, there's just seems to be a much more suspicious nature to Bulldogs than to SP.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't know DBZ well enough......care to enlighten me?

In DBZ, the bad guys wear scouters. (See the Vegeta pic above) that allow them to read the power levels of others.

In the last game, Caddy had that role as one of the Saiyans. Go back and look at the actions log IBC posted after the game was over and you'll see that Caddy got sent results like "weak, powerful" etc. when using his power.

Sue me if I'm wrong on this, but since we already have evidence of this power in the last game belonging to a bad guy, I'm inclined to believe it would be here as well.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Hmmmmm, when you consider it a scouter, it does admittedly get much more suspicious...

Scouters also serve the purpose of gathering information, and for interstellar communication, as seen when Raditz sent Piccolo's description of the Dragon Balls to Nappa and Vegeta, as well as Frieza learning of the existence of the Namekian Dragonballs from eavesdropping on Vegeta's conversation with Nappa. Vegeta also used his scouter to keep track of the time after he said he and Nappa would give the Z Fighters three hours for Goku to arrive. Scouters can also tell the location of someone, as demonstrated when members of the World Trade Organization use scouters to hunt down enemies.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Scouter

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Collectively SP is suspicious to me especially his immediate defensive stance against Scotty has me leaning towards voting but with 11 votes he has more than enough pressure to have to defend himself. I will state my intent to vote for him if that's the direction we want to go to drop the hammer. I just think voting for someone else will be more productive at this stage.

GOW's calling for a role claim when he's more than five votes away though is curious. If people want to vote additionally for him they can also state the intent to add more pressure on SP.

I'll be around most of the day unless the American Airlines finds my luggage and I have to drive to the airport to pick it up.

I've played a mafia game or two in my time. At the time of that post I felt as if SP was being voted out solely because people find him annoying. Like I said before, I'll take an active guy like him before an inactive like yourself anyday. However, he has since come out with what I believe to be a BS scouter role and I no longer trust him.

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 11:14 AM
There's the post you just cited, and when you combine it with his 'Oh, if I were evil I'd be ________', which was passed off as simply 'playing around', and of course now he's jumping on the lynch SP bandwagon now that his name is being tossed around, there's just seems to be a much more suspicious nature to Bulldogs than to SP.

Lol? And there wasn't a lynch SP bandwagon before? Give me a break, you're grasping at straws here.

Cigaro
unvote: Bulldogs
vote: SuperPacker

I still fully believe Bulldogs is evil, but I think SuperPacker has provided enough evidence to make himself appear the same, and since SuperPacker is nearest, I'll change and vote for him.

SuperPacker
We already know IBC likes to mix it up, going off what happened last game is just stupid. Again, lynch me if you want to kill a good, active player, with a useful ability.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Lol? And there wasn't a lynch SP bandwagon before? Give me a break, you're grasping at straws here.

There was a lynch SP bandwagon before, which you refused to jump on until your name started to get tossed around as a possible mafia guy.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Updated Vote Count:

SuperPacker (12): JBond, Scotty, njx, BeerBaron, APS, Renji, broth, Jensen, ngata, CJ, R4L, Cigaro
Bulldogs (1): Trogdor
Renji (1): SuperMcGee

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
There was a lynch SP bandwagon before, which you refused to jump on until your name started to get tossed around as a possible mafia guy.

Read my above post. He did nothing lynch worthy before other than have the perceived notion of being an annoying player. He has since come out and claimed a scouter role which is entirely different. He's either mafia or Vegeta who I think is the SK so that seems unlikely.

Trogdor
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
I've played a mafia game or two in my time. At the time of that post I felt as if SP was being voted out solely because people find him annoying. Like I said before, I'll take an active guy like him before an inactive like yourself anyday. However, he has since come out with what I believe to be a BS scouter role and I no longer trust him.

Getting defensive and attacking the players who called you out. Interesting :)

Definitely still think SP is most suspicious and after that role claim he's still solidly at public enemy #1. If we need the additional vote I will switch. Those posts still scream mafioso though.

Todd Bertuzzi
That role seems almost useless to me. In fact, it could almost benefit the mafia. If he comes out with his findings we still have no idea about the alignment of the player and by coming out with his result he could just be outing the powerful good guys to the mafia since they are aware of alignment from the get go.

Wootylicous
Vote SP

Gonna go with the flow! He can see what level you are...uh I don't believe you are good sir.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
In DBZ, the bad guys wear scouters. (See the Vegeta pic above) that allow them to read the power levels of others.

In the last game, Caddy had that role as one of the Saiyans. Go back and look at the actions log IBC posted after the game was over and you'll see that Caddy got sent results like "weak, powerful" etc. when using his power.

Sue me if I'm wrong on this, but since we already have evidence of this power in the last game belonging to a bad guy, I'm inclined to believe it would be here as well.

This makes a lot of sense to me. That Bulldogs post, especially the "if I was mafia" section is just hanging me up here though.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 11:27 AM
That role seems almost useless to me. In fact, it could almost benefit the mafia. If he comes out with his findings we still have no idea about the alignment of the player and by coming out with his result he could just be outing the powerful good guys to the mafia since they are aware of alignment from the get go.

SP said in his first post he got the alignment as well, so like a combo rolecop/investigator I guess was the implication. Can you confirm of deny, SP?

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think Bulldogs is evil. What he says makes complete sense.

Why would i come out and say a role that would make me look like mafia. Before i stated my role i looked up dbz because i have no idea what it meant and was like "wtf" i should be evil. I'm just assuming IBC is mixing it up.

I'm so much more useful to the town than Cigaro who seems to have less of a clue to what he's doing than me.

Seriously people.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
This makes a lot of sense to me. That Bulldogs post, especially the "if I was mafia" section is just hanging me up here though.

I don't disagree. I'm just less confident in him though. He's shown to be a pretty savvy player in the past and that seems beneath him in terms of strategy. Seems like a legit slip up just saying something that wasn't thought out. I'll have my eye on Bulldogs.

Todd Bertuzzi
Read my above post. He did nothing lynch worthy before other than have the perceived notion of being an annoying player. He has since come out and claimed a scouter role which is entirely different. He's either mafia or Vegeta who I think is the SK so that seems unlikely.

This is my train of thought too. In the Frieza Saga Vegeta had adapted to be able to detect power without a scouter so I don't think this would be him. It would be a good power to give the SK though along with his killing abilities. Either way, I don't see how this role helps the town even if SP turns out good.

vote: SuperPacker

Jensen
why would SP need that role if he was good? if he finds an evil person, does it really matter if he's high power or not? we lynch them anyway.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
SP said in his first post he got the alignment as well, so like a combo rolecop/investigator I guess was the implication. Can you confirm of deny, SP?

I haven't used it yet but im assuming it comes back saying whether they are good or not. Let me use it and i can tell you.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Hmm alright that would make more sense. I'll wait till confirmation before I reconsider my vote.

Rob S

Page trap.

Bulldogs
If SP turns out good do I still look suspicious? I guess I understand why people stay quiet now. Nobody wants to go against the grain and take a risk because the hivemind will come out and bite them in the ass.

Shane P. Hallam
Hang on, let me research the last game.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Updated Vote Count:

SuperPacker (14): JBond, Scotty, njx, BeerBaron, APS, Renji, broth, Jensen, ngata, CJ, R4L, Cigaro, woot, Todd

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I haven't used it yet but im assuming it comes back saying whether they are good or not. Let me use it and i can tell you.

Can you tell us what is says in the role description(without just copying and pasting of course)? If it doesn't say anything about alignment in there I doubt it would be included in the role.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 11:32 AM

PM IBC for clarification and report back.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I mean if we're going based on the DBZ universe, scouters would not give alignment and are only ever used by bad guys. Maybe we're taking the name of the role too seriously here since good characters also have this ability but I just think it's fishy.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 11:33 AM
If SP turns out good do I still look suspicious? I guess I understand why people stay quiet now. Nobody wants to go against the grain and take a risk because the hivemind will come out and bite them in the ass.

Thats the thing that ******* sucks.......the quiet people never die so it's turning into a viable strategy that I've considered. Hence why I kinda wanted to kill an inactive.

Shane P. Hallam
Kill SP. Scouter is evil.

From the last game:

Raditz - Mid - Power Level Scouter

If I remember the role correctly, it is similar to what SP is describing, and it was only an evil role.
The good guys didn't have

fenikz
scouter & sensor = different things?

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
You're just asking me to get modkilled.

Rob S
I mean if we're going based on the DBZ universe, scouters would not give alignment and are only ever used by bad guys. Maybe we're taking the name of the role too seriously here since good characters also have this ability but I just think it's fishy.

I'm sure IBC could clarify for him.

Cigaro
Not sure why if you're suspected of being mafia, your suggesting that we vote out a good guy would make us view you less suspiciously.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Here's the link for reference:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2959300&#post2959300

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Not sure why if you're suspected of being mafia, your suggesting that we vote out a good guy would make us view you less suspiciously.

If SP is mafia, wouldn't he be viewed as suspicious? I definitely think so.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Kill SP. Scouter is evil.

From the last game:

Raditz - Mid - Power Level Scouter

If I remember the role correctly, it is similar to what SP is describing, and it was only an evil role.
The good guys didn't have

My DBZ memory may simply be lacking, but I can't remember any of the good guys ever having a scouter.

Ngatachance92
05-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Regardless of how the lynch train started, if he is a scouter he is either evil or maybe Vegeta is Neutral in this game as that was the point in the series where the change began in him.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm assuming SP isn't familiar with DBZ. He is mafia and was given the role of scouter. Not knowing it was a role specific to mafia in this context he claims to be town aligned with the exact same role so he can corroborate his story later on. Seems like a slam dunk to me.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
whats with bulma

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:39 AM
If SP is mafia, wouldn't he be viewed as suspicious? I definitely think so.

Not sure what you mean here. Did you perhaps mean less suspicious? If so, that obviously would be at least up-front a move that would indicate he's not mafia, but I couldn't personally clear my suspicions. Not certain if there's any history of the mafia ever suggesting voting(he hasn't actually changed his vote) for another mafioso who they believed to be doomed anyways to cover their own tracks.

Shane P. Hallam
Time to go back and see who defended SP and may be suspicious.

BeerBaron
My DBZ memory may simply be lacking, but I can't remember any of the good guys ever having a scouter.

Bulma got one after Radditz died, and that confused me a bit in the last game. If I had thought about it more, that should have been a huge tipoff that caddy was evil.

But by the time everyone gets to Namek, the ability to sense power levels was ubiquitous amongst the good guys, so I doubt any good guys would have that specific power.

A point was even made about the bad guys scouters after Vegeta learned to sense power levels. Between he and the namekians, all of the scouters were destroyed leaving Frieza's team unable to locate any of the other characters until the Ginyu force brought more.

Unless SP comes back with a hell of a clarification from IBC, he's toast in my opinion. I'd say that there's less than a 1% shot of that power being given to a good guy.

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Bulma had that scouter thing too. If he isn't mafia he could very well be Bulma but I don't think losing Bulma would be so bad for the town comparing to killing a mafia member

Shane P. Hallam
Not sure what you mean here. Did you perhaps mean less suspicious? If so, that obviously would be at least up-front a move that would indicate he's not mafia. Not certain if there's any history of the mafia ever suggesting voting(he hasn't actually changed his vote) for another mafioso who they believed to be doomed anyways to cover their own tracks.

Yes, there is a heavy history of that. I skimmed, I need to go back and reread pretty heavily, so I apologize if I misspoke somewhere. Let me go back and reread some posts in all of this. Disregard until my next post.

Shane P. Hallam
Bulma had that scouter thing too. If he isn't mafia he could very well be Bulma but I don't think losing Bulma would be so bad for the town comparing to killing a mafia member

Does that fit this specific saga?

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Let me check that!

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Well she does have a scouter in that particular saga

UKfan
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I have no clue on this scouter thing since I am not really au fait with DBZ, but it sure doesnt look good for SP here. Am waiting for any clarifications but if nothing good comes back happy to vote

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
It does not. I can confirm that it does not. No good guy had a scouter in the Frieza saga. Bulma's lasted all of two episodes while Goku was fighting Vegeta on earth.

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 11:44 AM
It does not. I can confirm that it does not. No good guy had a scouter in the Frieza saga. Bulma's lasted all of two episodes while Goku was fighting Vegeta on earth.

It does says she has one when I search on google...weird

Todd Bertuzzi
Bulma always has the dragon ball scouter but I never remember her having a power scouter. Even if she did our chance that SP is evil is very good given this information.

fenikz
i should probably watch all of dbz so it doesnt get spoiled for me during this game :p

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Not during this saga. It blows up when Goku and Vegeta max out their power levels during their fight on earth. That is the only and last time any good guy has a scouter.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Bulma always has the dragon ball scouter but I never remember her having a power scouter. Even if she did our chance that SP is evil is very good given this information.

She had the dragon radar. I can't imagine any scenario where that would function in the way SP described his role.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Let me repeat. I googled scout/cop dbz and got some evil guys. I was like "oh ****" but i dont really want to lie or make up a role that wont cause confusion because i dont really know the roles that well. The same thing happened last game. I just tell the truth.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 11:47 AM
She had the dragon radar. I can't imagine any scenario where that would function in the way SP described his role.

Ya that's what I was getting at. Can we get an updated vote count?

fenikz
05-07-2012, 11:47 AM
lynch: SP

fairly damning evidence i must say

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, just to post who backed SP:

Bulldogs:

Basically, this post says, "No matter what, I am good" Something to think about.

UKFan
I genuinely don't believe SP is evil, and therefore don't really want to vote for him all things considered, I am happy to help out on the sensor front though if there is someone we would want voted for on that front?

Not a big deal and he comes from a good place. But, I had my suspicions, so I'll put it out there.

Rob S
I was just warming to the idea of getting the votes in for SP and getting the game moving, then this. You're a good player, so it's probably just a slip up, but this is such a mafioso post. Idk what to do now....I'm going to hold my vote for the time being to see if some discussion gets going.

Another one that isn't damning, but he seems to be attempting to hedge his bets, which is something an indecisive mafia member would do.

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM

With fenikz' vote, SP sits at 15 I believe, with the rest the same as last time.

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Maybe IBC wanted to get the scout role into the good side, but didnt think some radar thing would work, so he made me a cop. I dont know, but im not evil.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
With fenikz' vote, I believe SP is at 15.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Couldn't go back one page? haha

Updated Vote Count:

SuperPacker (15): JBond, Scotty, njx, BeerBaron, APS, Renji, broth, Jensen, ngata, CJ, R4L, Cigaro, woot, Todd, Fenikz

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Let's do this!! one more vote and we get to know who he really is.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Maybe IBC wanted to get the scout role into the good side, but didnt think some radar thing would work, so he made me a cop. I dont know, but im not evil.

Seems unlikely. That role wouldn't be very beneficial to the town, especially when you consider that ALL of the bad guys would register as powerful. You wouldn't be able to tell anyone apart beyond that. Krillin and Gohan are outclassed by Frieza's soldier and Vegeta the whole time until Goku and Piccolo show up.

UKfan
I just can't put the dagger in, I realise this will make e appear to be evil if SP turns up evil in the end, but his defence, as scrambley as it is, strikes me as something a confused SP would do.

Trogdor

Noticed you said "I'm not evil" rather than saying "I'm good". :waiting:

Not going to be shocked when you come up as the SK.

fenikz
i dont get the njx vote or more so why bulldogs hasn't changed it

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Let me use the ability first and then i can tell you the details of my power. The PM isn't clear cut but it hints.

BeerBaron
05-07-2012, 11:53 AM
i dont get the njx vote or more so why bulldogs hasn't changed it

bulldogs has been strangely suspicious. Less so than Superpacker basically outing himself as a baddie. It may have been theme ignorance, but I find it extremely unlikely that a good guy would have a scouter power.

I'll have my eye on bulldogs as I've said before....

Todd Bertuzzi
I'm assuming the PM didn't include alignment because SP is mafia and thus already knows the alignment of everyone.

Shane P. Hallam
Let me use the ability first and then i can tell you the details of my power. The PM isn't clear cut but it hints.

How about we lynch you first and then guess what the power would have done?

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Bulldgos didn't do anything suspicious. He was just saying what i was saying, "lynching me because im annoying is stupid".

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Scrambling to save another mafia....

Cigaro
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Bulldgos didn't do anything suspicious. He was just saying what i was saying, "lynching me because im annoying is stupid".

Sticking up for your buddies?

SuperPacker
05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Scrambling to save another mafia....

What Bulldogs has done afterwards is suspicious, yes, but im not sticking up for him. More sticking up for myself.

UKfan
05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Alright SP scrambling after Bulldogs has finally convinced me.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2012, 12:00 PM
As our heroes arrive on Planet Namek, there is a mad rush in attempts to find the powerful dragon balls. One by one, the dragon balls are located but who has which balls? And how can the be found? The evil invaders decide to simply destroy anyone they come upon and search their houses for dragon balls. The Namek population suffers massive casualties and the remaining members of the population join together with these powerful invaders to barter some sort of truce. The discussions start slow but the town decides it is best to get revenge for all the innocent Namekian lives have been lost. As discussions ensue, nobody seems to jump out at first, as the town seems merry as they begin to get to know each other. However, before long, the town turns on one person in particular, SuperPacker. SP tries to defend himself, “BUT I’M GOOD FOR THE TOWN!! I CAN USE MY SCOUTER TO TELL YOU EVERYONE’S POWER LEVEL!!!” The town won’t have it, the Earthlings and Namekians have no need for scouters, for they can simply sense their enemies power.

The town surrounds SP, moving in for the kill. “CRUSHER BALL!!!!” SP shouts, throwing a massive energy ball at the nearest member, who simply bats it away with ease. “He deflected my Crusher Ball like it was a beach ball...” SP says, cowering in fear. Realizing that there is no hope, SP, being the coward that he is, attempts to flee the camp to save his life. However, as soon as he takes off, one member of the town had already flown ahead of him. SP is stopped in his tracks. “Noooo, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” are his final words as he’s blasted into nothingness.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/ps2muse/Jeice/Image.png

SuperPacker (Jeice, Panzy Power Level Scouter) has been lynched.

Send your night actions to IBC.

ImBrotherCain
05-07-2012, 06:13 PM
After the successful lynching, the town feels pretty good about their revenge heading into the night and are able to get a pretty good nightís sleep. They awaken and as they begin gathering, it appears that everyone has been accounted for. The town begins to rejoice, however, just when they thought they made it out of the night unscathed, they discover they are mistaken. For when our heroes check in with Other World, they discover that someone had visited there last night. ATLís body was discovered underneath the red vintage 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air. A quick inspection of the body reveals that he was seemingly hit by two simultaneous blasts, one from the front and another behind. The blast that hit him in front seemingly caught him off guard, hitting him straight to the face. The blast from behind seems to be much smaller and more concentrated, resembling a mark similar to that of the Kamehameha wave. Following the inspection, ATLís body disappears, for dying while already dead in Other World, causes your life force to completely cease existence.

http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/1504297105.jpg

ATL (Yamcha, Mason) was been killed

With 29 alive 15 is needed for majority

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Not Yamcha :(

Rob S
05-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Well, either the SK or mafia failed. Good stuff, I'll take a 1:1 trade any day.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 06:15 PM
And I know very little about DBZ. I have no emotional connection to Yamcha, renji.

Gay Ork Wang
05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
And I know very little about DBZ. I have no emotional connection to Yamcha, renji.
He is useless

scottyboy
05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
well yamcha kinda sucks even though i love him, so it's not all bad. but cool to know someone failed. someone was either protected or targeted. kewl.

naturally this opens as i'm leaving for my exam. perfect timing

Wootylicous
05-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Not bad we did not lost a big role!! also Yamcha was hit by a kamehameha ? :/

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
1 for 1 isn't a bad tradeoff. I posted yesterday some of the people who backed (or semi-backed,) SP. Something to look at.

bantx
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
somewhere Bulma is weeping

Rob S
05-07-2012, 06:22 PM
My professor is certainly mafia. I have to sit through 8 presentations today.....**** me. Hopefully this thread is sufficient entertainment. I will be cueing up the Rangers game come 7:30 though.

Caddy
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
ATL is the perfect mason btw. I always think he is evil.

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Alright here's the deal. Everyone will think I am evil because of yesterday but it's simply not true. I am the town investigator. Each night I choose to investigate somebody and can discover whether they are good or evil. Judging by who the investigators were last game I think you can guess which character I may be. However, I don't want what happened to Razor last game to happen to me. I don't want people to waste their abilities trying to figure me out all game so here's what I suggest. Let's kill me today, when you discover who I am, resurrect me with the Dragon Balls tonight, and I'll be back tomorrow. I won't reveal who I investigated tonight because I want to give you guys extra incentive to revive me later on, but the person did turn out evil. I can also confirm somebody attempted to role-blocked me last night and
failed.

Todd Bertuzzi
05-07-2012, 06:24 PM
1 for 1 isn't a bad tradeoff. I posted yesterday some of the people who backed (or semi-backed,) SP. Something to look at.

I don't know what to make of SP trying to defend Bulldogs before we lycnhed him. He may have been trying to throw us off of Rob or UK who were the other two you posted as suspicious but maybe I give SP way too much credit and Bulldogs is mafia as well.

scottyboy
05-07-2012, 06:25 PM
that's some highly suspicious exam timing, scotty. i think your professor might be mafia.

if he was, we'd never catch him. he's like the smartest dude i've ever met. knows EVERYTHING

Caddy
05-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Haha nice try Bulldogs.

Caddy
05-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I think this bravado is an attempt to get us not to lynch him.

bantx
really BD?

Rob S

I was on that list, I guess I'll just address it now to avoid looking like I'm ducking it.

I just have been getting increasingly annoyed at people outliving me in these games by never posting or contributing. I (and many others) that try to post a lot and dedicate themselves to the game keep dying early and it sucks that despite caring the most, active people get killed early. That, coupled with the fact that I have never seen a mafia lynched day 1 due to suspicious activity, pointed me in the direction of an inactive instead of SP.

Obviously I was wrong. In retrospect, I should have applied the SP dumb play modifier, but alas....

Wootylicous
Ballsy move :|

Vote Bulldogs

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Lol, wait, so you are an investigator (and come out without us even prompting you), want to get killed, and then want to be revived (I'm assuming we only revive one person). Seems a bit selfish doesn't it?

Bulldogs
I think this bravado is an attempt to get us not to lynch him.

I'm serious. Lynch me. Whoever has the Dragon Balls use them tonight, it won't be a waste.

Shane P. Hallam
I guess if he wants to die, should we discuss what happens if he is telling the truth?

Caddy
05-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Lol, wait, so you are an investigator (and come out without us even prompting you), want to get killed, and then want to be revived (I'm assuming we only revive one person). Seems a bit selfish doesn't it?

Whoever has the Dragon Balls should only revive him if he is Goku.

bantx
Waste the dragon balls because you claim to be innocent lol

Shane P. Hallam
I was on that list, I guess I'll just address it now to avoid looking like I'm ducking it.

I just have been getting increasingly annoyed at people outliving me in these games by never posting or contributing. I (and many others) that try to post a lot and dedicate themselves to the game keep dying early and it sucks that despite caring the most, active people get killed early. That, coupled with the fact that I have never seen a mafia lynched day 1 due to suspicious activity, pointed me in the direction of an inactive instead of SP.

Obviously I was wrong. In retrospect, I should have applied the SP dumb play modifier, but alas....

That's a pretty lame excuse TBH.

Gay Ork Wang
what the hell?

Bulldogs

Well we got scrubs like Cigaro and Trogdor swearing by the fact I'm evil. Nobody believed Razor last game because he was constantly being questioned. If I am who I think I am I will come back with greater power anyway. It will be worth it in the end.

Rob S
BD, if you are the investigator it makes no ******* sense to kill you.

Wootylicous
I'm not sure what to do with all this

TheBoyWonder22
05-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah WTF...but hey, if you're good, we always could actually do that. Why the **** would we lynch a cop? It boggles the mind.

vidae
What the hell is Bulldogs talking about? What if he's evil and he somehow comes back even more powerful after being revived?

ImBrotherCain
Current Vote Count:

Bulldogs (3): Bulldogs, Caddy, Woot

Shane P. Hallam
Whoever has the Dragon Balls should only revive him if he is Goku.

Gotcha. If he is Goku, wouldn't he come back like uber-powerful too? Is Goku the only one that this would take place for?

Caddy
05-07-2012, 06:31 PM
What the hell is Bulldogs talking about? What if he's evil and he somehow comes back even more powerful after being revived?

I could see that happening. But even if it does, couldn't we just lynch him again tomorrow?

Shane P. Hallam

Then...we wouldn't revive him?

Gay Ork Wang
Dont do that. It is not with the canon. Goku was revived last time. Goku didnt come back from the death this time.

Bulldogs

Honestly I agree with this 100% Sorry I tried to have fun with the game and keep a player alive Day One who at least put in effort. Whatever, I knew he was evil when he claimed the scouter role which is exactly what Caddy did last game but it was too late.

Rob S
That's a pretty lame excuse TBH.

meh, what can I say. It's true....day one is a massive crapshoot and I wasn't convinced SP was evil and dying early in these is really annoying when you get excited for the game.

Caddy
Gotcha. If he is Goku, wouldn't he come back like uber-powerful too? Is Goku the only one that this would take place for?

Goku is the only town aligned player who is powerful at this stage in the DBZ universe. He would presumably come back Super Saiyan.

Bulldogs

If I'm evil don't revive me obviously. That wouldn't make any sense.

Shane P. Hallam
05-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I could see that happening. But even if it does, couldn't we just lynch him again tomorrow?

Ah, so the thought is he automatically revives perhaps? If he knows this, wouldn't he have tried to die Day 1? I don't know, something is fishy here.

bantx
Vote: Bulldog

You made no sense in making such a claim and demand

ImBrotherCain
Current Vote Count:

Bulldogs (6): Bulldogs, Caddy, Woot, JBond, Renji, Bantx

With 29 alive 15 are needed for majority.

Caddy
Honestly I agree with this 100% Sorry I tried to have fun with the game and keep a player alive Day One who at least put in effort. Whatever, I knew he was evil when he claimed the scouter role which is exactly what Caddy did last game but it was too late.

To be fair I claimed to be a 'sensor', not a scouter. Stupid SP.

vidae

Sure, unless he can't be lynched after being revived. I dunno, I don't trust this move at all. It seems really weird and out of nowhere.

Gay Ork Wang
Dont. kill. Bulldogs. Reviving Goku is not with the canon. Why the **** not keep him as long as possible.

Caddy
05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
The only thing that scares me about this is BD being Frieza, who has multiple forms. Although I don't see how death could lead him to go from one form to the next.

TheBoyWonder22
Ah, I forgot to vote in my last post. My bad.

vidae

You're under the assumption that the mafia can't revive someone too. Do you want to take that chance?

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Vote: Bulldog

You made no sense in making such a claim and demand

Read it again. Not too difficult to understand. But you are lynching me anyway, I'll go along with it.

Caddy
i don't understand why we'd just piss away a revive? why not post what you know. surely there are protectors out there if you turn out to be right.

He claimed to be roleblocked, which I find to be ********.

If he is good, it is much more likely he would have been framed, not roleblocked.

vidae
If I'm evil don't revive me obviously. That wouldn't make any sense.

Unless you're mafia and you KNOW that you can be revived by your mafia pals and that would make you stronger.

I don't know DBZ canon/lore, so you guys feel free to correct me if that makes zero sense, but I still don't trust this play.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Dont. kill. Bulldogs. Reviving Goku is not with the canon. Why the **** not keep him as long as possible.

Seriously....killing an investigator would be really dumb if he is who he says he is imo. I don't see the logic.

Lets at least wait to hear from some of the others.

Bulldogs
The only thing that scares me about this is BD being Frieza, who has multiple forms. Although I don't see how death could lead him to go from one form to the next.

If I was Frieza I wouldn't give myself up. I am an investigator who I believe will come back with greater power, possibly a vengeful role cop or something. I investigated somebody last night who was evil, but I'm not going to give it up yet because I want to make sure I'm revived.

Wootylicous
Dende better revive him if he's Goku.

CashmoneyDrew
We need to be careful. He could be pulling some kind of Captain Ginyu type of swap while at the stake.

Dr. Gonzo
05-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Bulldogs I want to know who came up as evil. I would rather lynch that person.

Bulldogs
Unless you're mafia and you KNOW that you can be revived by your mafia pals and that would make you stronger.

I don't know DBZ canon/lore, so you guys feel free to correct me if that makes zero sense, but I still don't trust this play.

At no point in the Frieza saga do the baddies revive another one. It won't happen. Anybody else with DBZ knowledge feel free to confirm this. BeerBaron would know.

Caddy
If I was Frieza I wouldn't give myself up. I am an investigator who I believe will come back with greater power, possibly a vengeful role cop or something. I investigated somebody last night who was evil, but I'm not going to give it up yet because I want to make sure I'm revived.

Ummm what....

Gay Ork Wang
I am much more inclined to kill that person first.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
I like this even less than I understand it.

Bulldogs
Bulldogs I want to know who came up as evil. I would rather lynch that person.

No. It will just end up with people questioning me the rest of the game like they did Razor, who they eventually lynched. Just kill me now so you know for certain I'm good, I'll reveal the person tomorrow.

Caddy
How would Bulldogs know that he was roleblocked but it failed?

bantx
You're keeping info that you know that someone is evil, but won't say until you're revived? What is the point of this?

Bulldogs
05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Ummm what....

The person I investigated was evil. I'm using them as extra incentive to make sure I'm revived. I'm fairly certain I am one of the three main characters even if I'm not you know who.

Rob S
05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Seriously......BD supposedly knows someone that's evil.....thats way better than killing an investigator and blowing a revive.

Either way, we get a **** ton of information here.....why not make it 2/2 mafia kills?