PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft Team Needs Thread

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I know its a little early for this, but I came across a mock that makes me think this is necessary. Post Team Needs in this thread, and be as specific as possible (example: Don't just say you need a CB, indicate zone or press man, depending on your defense) so the people who actually care to look at scheme fits for their mocks will have a better idea of what to do this early.

At this point, most people feel good about their teams, so only the first few needs will be mentioned here, but no one is doing 7 round mock drafts this far ahead anyway, so list the major needs and type of player at each position that fits your team at this point. I will edit this post as people come in with Team Needs so it will all be on this opening post so whoever is making the mocks can just come here and get as much info on the types of players at each position for each team as possible. Generally speaking, I'll take the advice of the fans of each team, but there are a few guys who I'm sure will post in here that are knowledgeable enough on other teams that I will put in this post then too. I'll also be attributing who gave me what info in this post, I think its fair that way.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills:

Miami Dolphins:(via Phins827)
OLB
WR
FS
OG (Zone Blocking scheme match)
CB

New England Patriots:(via Matthew Jones and Razor)
DE
WR
DT (good anchor, two gapper)
C/RG/RT depending on Free Agency
DB (Safety)
Bellicheck also seems to favor SEC athletes in early rounds, something to keep in mind...

New York Jets:

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens:

Cincinnati Bengals:

Cleveland Browns:

Pittsburgh Steelers:(via K Train)
Safety (Strong and Free)
ILB (if competition underwhelms opposite Timmons)
Versatile, Physical CB (plays both Man and Zone)
Guard (Man)
WR (if one or both of Ben's top two targets leave after the off-season)

AFC South

Houston Texans:

Indianapolis Colts:(via RCA Chain Gang)
CB
ILB
OG
DE (5 tech type)
WR

Jacksonville Jaguars:(via Unbiased)
Man CB
Man on Man Interior OL (Center)

Tennessee Titans:

AFC West

Denver Broncos:9via Dangermouse)
DT
OT
RB

Kansas City Chiefs:(via villagewarrior)
QB
OLB (pass rusher)
DE (5 tech)

Oakland Raiders:

San Diego Chargers:

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys:(via cmd 34)
Safety (free and strong)
Center
OLB
DL

Philadelphia Eagles:
Safety (SS over FS at this point, both could be needs)
Zone Blocking OT
Press-Man CB

New York Giants:(via OSUGiants17)
OT (LT and/or RT)
DE
Safety
ILB
Center

Washington Redskins:

NFC North

Chicago Bears:

Detroit Lions:

Green Bay Packers:(via Superpacker)
Center
Safety
RB
OG

Minnesota Vikings:(via prock)
WR
LB
DT
CB

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons:

Carolina Panthers:

New Orleans Saints:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:(via Knicks and Bucs)
CB
OLB
RT
TE
QB(if Freeman doesn't progress?)

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals:(via fenikz)
LT
QB
DE

St. Louis Rams:

San Francisco 49ers:(via phylsac)
CB
S
WR
DL

Seattle Seahawks:

Could someone show me how to change font please? I want to make the division font slightly bigger so its easier to read. Also, if a mod thinks its necessary (aka if this is useful enough), could this get stickied? I figure its best to put this in this sub-forum since we aren't in full 2013 draft form yet, and it'll be best used for people looking at these mocks and making their own.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I'll do the Eagles as an example...

Right now our biggest need on paper is Safety. We have questions at both positions, lack of experience with young guys that need to prove themselves if they want to remain a starter. Right now I'd say we are looking for a more physical Safety capable of playing SS moreso than a rangy FS, though by seasons end either or both may be needed.

Offensive Tackle is a question mark heading into the season with Jason Peters and Detestress Bell's situations. I personally don't think OT will be a early round priority, but with the Eagles track record of valuing linemen, we could be looking at an OT early anyway. Preferably an athletic linemen who fits Howard Mudd's Zone Blocking Scheme.

CB could also be a big need, DRC is unproven and Aso isn't young. The current defense in place calls for press-man CBs, so if you are looking at CBs in your mocks early for the Eagles, try to look for feasible press-man type CBs.

Those are what I would say are our most likely early picks next year, at this point, I really don't see any other reason to have any other types of players drafted by the Eagles unless it is a player of great value falling.

Also, your posts don't need to be as in depth as mine, you could just list the types of players and that's it, but if you offer up some explanation, it'd really help out everyone making mocks, and also make me more likely to take what you are saying seriously and put it in the original post...

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Also, if you have some proof to back up intangible draft history (team captains preferred, red flag history, etc...) I'll include that in the original post as well...

Unbiased
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
All I know for the Jaguars right now is that we'll for sure need a CB to replace Mathis (big Man-2-Man CB like Derek Cox) and a Center to replace Meester. They could add a guard and move Rackley to C, so interior OL is what I'd call it.

Those are the only no brainers because they're old and they'll be free agents. We could have a lot more depending on how people play. We'll get a lot of questions answered throughout this season.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks, do you know what type of blocking scheme the Jags would run that could narrow down the Interior OL candidates down some?

Knicks and Bucs
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I can help ya out with TB.

Needs:

CB - The bucs did not address this need this year, but the corners in 2013 draft are much better than this years so maybe a blessing in disguise. Tyrann Mathieu is who I am hoping for.

RT - Jeremy Trueblood is below average. The rest of the line is set except for RT. Not as big as CB or OLB, but a need that should be looked at.

OLB - Foster and David have two of the three spots filled. Which leaves on more. Mante Te'o would be ideal for the final spot.

TE - Lot of bucs fans says this is a need. I really like Luke Stocker and Winslow is a turd. If Stocker does not work out then this will be a need.

QB - If Tampa finishes in the top 5 or top 10 then it will be do to large part of the play of Josh Freeman. The bucs season really rides on Freeman. If he falls then they fall.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I can help ya out with TB.

Needs:

CB - The bucs did not address this need this year, but the corners in 2013 draft are much better than this years so maybe a blessing in disguise. Tyrann Mathieu is who I am hoping for.

RT - Jeremy Trueblood is below average. The rest of the line is set except for RT. Not as big as CB or OLB, but a need that should be looked at.

OLB - Foster and David have two of the three spots filled. Which leaves on more. Mante Te'o would be ideal for the final spot.

TE - Lot of bucs fans says this is a need. I really like Luke Stocker and Winslow is a turd. If Stocker does not work out then this will be a need.

QB - If Tampa finishes in the top 5 or top 10 then it will be do to large part of the play of Josh Freeman. The bucs season really rides on Freeman. If he falls then they fall.

You have Sheridan down there as DC, right? You'd be looking for man corners, down there if that is the case then? Also, do you know your offense's preferred type of blocker and/or LB?

Unbiased
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks, do you know what type of blocking scheme the Jags would run that could narrow down the Interior OL candidates down some?

They like big, physical guys. So any prospect who's strictly a ZBS guy probably wouldn't be considered.

K Train
05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Steelers:

Safety...free and strong

I think cortez allen is the future at FS, but i also thought keenan lewis was, and crezdon butler, and donovan warren and clark keeps sticking around. Mundy isnt starting material

Troy wont last much longer with the way he plays and how banged up he always seems to be.

MLB

We have spence and stevenson slyvester to battle it out this year with below average starter larry foote, need someone next to timmons to step up

WR

If wallace leaves this becomes a huge need. I LOVE brown, hes a LEGIT #2 but hes no #1. I like sanders and cotchery for depth, but no number 1 could pose a problem in the near future...i dont think wallace has much time as a steeler left.

CB

They like CBs that are big and physical, can press, and play zone. I think the #2 CB and NB slots are filled, but they will need to start looking to replace ike.

OG

just one more spot to fill and the steelers oline is among the top 5 again, for the first time in a long time

Matthew Jones
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Here are some positions I would like New England to address in 2013:

1. Wide receiver

Brandon Lloyd is signed long-term, but Wes Welker is only on the franchise tag and the Patriots' third and fourth options (Deion Branch and Jabar Gaffney) are both over 30. One or two wide receivers would be nice.

2. Defensive end

Chandler Jones will start on the right side, but Jonathan Fanene may be best suited as a rotational player. Jermaine Cunningham will have to show significant improvement to avoid being labeled as a bust.

3. Defensive tackle

Kyle Love has impressed since joining the team as an undrafted free agent but Ron Brace has been disappointing and Myron Pryor can't stay healthy. Vince Wilfork is a stud but next to him and upgrade could be made.

4. Offensive line

Nate Solder and Logan Mankins are fixtures on the left side and Dan Connolly signed a handsome three-year deal to play center but Brian Waters is probably entering his final season and Sebastian Vollmer is going to be a free agent. Marcus Cannon could replace one but not both of those players.

5. Defensive back

Steve Gregory signed a three-year deal to start at free safety and Tavon Wilson was a second-round pick, but it's hard to tell how those two players will fit in. The Patriots could also use depth at cornerback, or possibly a starter if McCourty disappoints in 2012 or Ras-I Dowling gets hurt again.

I would say wide receiver and defensive end are the two big needs, while the offensive line mostly depends on whether or not Sebastian Vollmer is back and the safety position could end up being significantly improved over last year. Defensive tackle isn't a huge need but a starter could be added.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Steelers:

Safety...free and strong

I think cortez allen is the future at FS, but i also thought keenan lewis was, and crezdon butler, and donovan warren and clark keeps sticking around. Mundy isnt starting material

Troy wont last much longer with the way he plays and how banged up he always seems to be.

MLB

We have spence and stevenson slyvester to battle it out this year with below average starter larry foote, need someone next to timmons to step up

WR

If wallace leaves this becomes a huge need. I LOVE brown, hes a LEGIT #2 but hes no #1. I like sanders and cotchery for depth, but no number 1 could pose a problem in the near future...i dont think wallace has much time as a steeler left.

CB

They like CBs that are big and physical, can press, and play zone. I think the #2 CB and NB slots are filled, but they will need to start looking to replace ike.

OG

just one more spot to fill and the steelers oline is among the top 5 again, for the first time in a long time

I can see those as being needs. I personally think you will find your starter out of Sylvester or Spence, both are guys I like. What type of WR would you expect the Steelers to be looking for if Wallace and/or Brown wouldn't be back the following season?

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Here are some positions I would like New England to address in 2013:

1. Wide receiver

Brandon Lloyd is signed long-term, but Wes Welker is only on the franchise tag and the Patriots' third and fourth options (Deion Branch and Jabar Gaffney) are both over 30. One or two wide receivers would be nice.

2. Defensive end

Chandler Jones will start on the right side, but Jonathan Fanene may be best suited as a rotational player. Jermaine Cunningham will have to show significant improvement to avoid being labeled as a bust.

3. Defensive tackle

Kyle Love has impressed since joining the team as an undrafted free agent but Ron Brace has been disappointing and Myron Pryor can't stay healthy. Vince Wilfork is a stud but next to him and upgrade could be made.

4. Offensive line

Nate Solder and Logan Mankins are fixtures on the left side and Dan Connolly signed a handsome three-year deal to play center but Brian Waters is probably entering his final season and Sebastian Vollmer is going to be a free agent. Marcus Cannon could replace one but not both of those players.

5. Defensive back

Steve Gregory signed a three-year deal to start at free safety and Tavon Wilson was a second-round pick, but it's hard to tell how those two players will fit in. The Patriots could also use depth at cornerback, or possibly a starter if McCourty disappoints in 2012 or Ras-I Dowling gets hurt again.

I would say wide receiver and defensive end are the two big needs, while the offensive line mostly depends on whether or not Sebastian Vollmer is back and the safety position could end up being significantly improved over last year. Defensive tackle isn't a huge need but a starter could be added.

I can definitely see WR as a bigger need for you guys, I figure I'll leave it open as to what type because once Welker slows down, you could really use all types of WRs. I'd assume in your hybrid defense Chandler Jones will be a 4-3 RE first and then move around in the 3-4 alignments, would you say a DE with more of an anchor would be more of a need? Also, with Wilfork, I can safely assume you would be looking for more of a quick twitch, one gapping UT type of DT if that were the case. Also, I'm going to put in a note about SEC players, Bellicheck has a thing for SEC athletes.

K Train
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I can see those as being needs. I personally think you will find your starter out of Sylvester or Spence, both are guys I like. What type of WR would you expect the Steelers to be looking for if Wallace and/or Brown wouldn't be back the following season?

i cant find a scenerio where brown wont be back, wallace i definitely can though.

I love cotchery, imo hes better than ward. He just doesnt smile all the time or throw a mean blindside block. And sanders does legit have great ability, reminds me of torrey holt a lot in the way he plays and how smooth he is but he is ALWAYS banged up

and as far as the type, ben always cries for tall WRs. Haley seems to work magic with bigger WRs too....fitz, bolden, bowe, what could have been baldwin but hey he drafted him for a reason

Brown is really a beast as a #2, i think sanders has the ability to play on the outside, but right now hes no more than an injury prone cedric wilson. i wouldnt want to have to try either one of them as the main threat though

Pat Sims 90
05-08-2012, 01:25 PM
As of now still have wait and see how the rookies look.

1. RB- BJGE and Bernard Scott are nothing special.

2. SOLB or WOLB- Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson are both FA next year. Should keep atleast 1 if not both.

3. MLB- This all depends on Maualuga play this year.

4. CB- Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, and Nate Clements all FAs next year.

5. DE- Still Could use a passrusher opposite Dunlap. Michael Johnson is also a FA next year.

6. SS- This depends on if Taylor Mays is a worth starting or not after this year.

7. QB- Gradkowski is a FA next year.

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
As of now still have wait and see how the rookies look.

1. RB- BJGE and Bernard Scott are nothing special.

2. SOLB or WOLB- Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson are both FA next year. Should keep atleast 1 if not both.

3. MLB- This all depends on Maualuga play this year.

4. CB- Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, and Nate Clements all FAs next year.

5. DE- Still Could use a passrusher opposite Dunlap. Michael Johnson is also a FA next year.

6. SS- This depends on if Taylor Mays is a worth starting or not after this year.

7. QB- Gradkowski is a FA next year.

If you could trim it down to what you think your top needs would be, would it be something like...

RB, LB(s), CB, and DE?

I kinda want to try to keep the lists to 5 positions or less for each team as I could see it getting real cluttered when the teams start filling out.

If not, how would you put it? I'm obviously going to put more weight on your view than mine. Any input on the type of players, at each position, you'd be looking into? Seems like the Bengals have looked for H/W/S type pass rushers based off of their recent draft history, and downhill, instinctual LBs, but that's all I really have right now...

cmd34
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Cowboys

Safety - Pool is on a 1-year deal and Sensabaugh has the instincts of a tree stump. 4th rounder Matt Johnson is umm, meh.

Outside Linebacker - Currently Anthony Spencer and Victor Butler are scheduled to be Unrestricted Free Agents after this season. 4th rounder Wilber is also meh. These are official scout definitions by the way.

Center - The Cowboys currently have a blind spot when it comes to the Center position. Stephen Jones just said they feel good about Phil Costa. Stephen is his father's son.

Runningback - Love DeMarco Murray but he hasn't had a full healthy year in a while. Felix Jones will be a free agent.

Wide Receiver - The Cowboys are throwing a bunch of "stuff" at the wall to see what sticks. Kevin Ogletree blew his undeserved chance last year. Radway and Holmes are no-names the staff is high on. Jerry thinks every undrafted player we find is the next Miles Austin.

Defensive Line - Tyrone Crawford will help but we need more size and more playmakers on the defensive line.

Quarterback - If Costa gets Romo killed.

Dangermouse
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
For Denver.

1. DEFENSIVE TACKLE
We drafted Derek Wolfe to shoot the gap, still need a big space eater next to him.

2. OFFENSIVE TACKLE
Orlando Franklin is a sieve and Ryan Clady will be a free agent.

3. RUNNING BACK
We have Ronnie Hillman but we still need a young workhorse

WR, DE, MLB, S

Matthew Jones
05-08-2012, 02:34 PM
I can definitely see WR as a bigger need for you guys, I figure I'll leave it open as to what type because once Welker slows down, you could really use all types of WRs. I'd assume in your hybrid defense Chandler Jones will be a 4-3 RE first and then move around in the 3-4 alignments, would you say a DE with more of an anchor would be more of a need? Also, with Wilfork, I can safely assume you would be looking for more of a quick twitch, one gapping UT type of DT if that were the case. Also, I'm going to put in a note about SEC players, Bellicheck has a thing for SEC athletes.

Right now the Patriots have a lot of slot receivers with Anthony Gonzalez, Julian Edelman, and seventh-round pick Jeremy Ebert on roster so I would say replacing Deion Branch and Jabar Gaffney are the priorities right now. The Patriots look for quick, smart receivers who run crisp routes, someone like Ryan Broyles would have been a good pick this year. Chandler Jones will play right end in the 4-3 and maybe even right end in the 3-4; I think the Patriots may use him as a designated pass rusher like the 49ers did with Aldon Smith last year. The Patriots don't really use one-gap defensive tackles except in some obvious passing situations (which is what Myron Pryor and Marcus Forston are on the roster for), so I would say more of a nose tackle who can still rush a little bit would be a possibility; Brandon Thompson was someone I felt was a fit in this draft class.

RCAChainGang
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Indianapolis Colts

1. CB - we need someone to start across from Powers and a nickel back would be good too.

2. ILB/OLB - still need some talented guys to play inside now that we have switched to 3-4. Also I'm not sure how Freeney, Hughes, and Mathis will fair at outside; it will be very interesting to see how they do.

3. OG/OT - Castonzo (LT) and Ijialana (RT/RG) hopefully will be solid. Hopefully Satele (C) is decent. And if Reitz (LG) and Justice (RT/RG) struggle they will need to be replaced.

4. DE 5-Tech - We don't know how Moala and Nevis will do at the 5-Tech. Cory Redding should provide some veteran help, but I can see this becoming a huge need.

5. SS - Zbikowski will do for now, but I don't think he is the future at S.

6. RB - We have a lot of mediocre RB's that need to step into a starting role. Depending on who emerges we probably will need a better RB.

7. WR - Reggie Wayne is getting old and Donnie Avery is a huge question mark. Collie is good in the slot, but has injury concerns. I'm interested to see how T.Y. Hilton and Brazill turn out.

SuperPacker
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Green Bay Packers

1.) C

We lost Scott Wells in free agency and replaced him with Jeff Saturday, but 2012 might be his last year. We need someone to replace him when he finally retires and hopefully we can pick up that guy next year.

2.) S

Nick Collins has sadly gone, so Woodson will probably be moved to safety. He is obviously nearing the end of his career as well, so looking for someone to eventually replace him could be high on next years priority list.

Depth, Depth, Depth.

3.) RB
4.) ILB
5.) OG

StickSkills
05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Since Vidae isn't here yet, I'll do my best to impersonate him.

Chiefs:
A ************* QUARTERBACK!

T-RICH49
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Kansas City Chiefs:

1. Quarterback

2. Quarterback

3. Quarterback

4. Quarterback

5. Quarterback

fenikz
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Ya this is way too early for this

If Levi Brown keeps sucking - LT
If Kolb or Skelton suck enough for a top 5 pick - QB
If Calais Campbell leaves as a FA - DE

but truly we will take BPA so throw the needs out the window

phlysac
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Without seeing what transpires in 2012, they have virtually no "needs."

Safety - If Dashon Goldson doesn't sign an extension.

Cornerback - Carlos Rodgers is short-term and 30+

Tight End - If Delanie Walker doesn't re-sign.

Front-3 - If team doesn't find out what they have in Ricky Jean Francois, Will Tukuafu, Demarcus Dobbs, and Ian Williams.

Wide Receiver - What does the future hold for Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, and Mario Manningham?

OSUGiants17
05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Giants:
Order of Need(Round likely to be addressed in). Position
1(2). OT- Needed one for years, RT or LT. Beatty sucks, Dheil is a backup now and only one of McCants, Mosely and Brewer will develop into a starter at best.
2(1). DE- Didn't get one this year, lost Tolly, will lose Osi to FA next year, Tuck is getting older and him and Kiwi get injured a lot. O and in case you didn't notice the Giants love DEs.
3(5). C- Baas sucks and Boothe isn't a true C, sadly we have a lot of money invested in Baas and might be stuck with him.
4(4). ILB- Still don't have a true MIKE backer. Set on the outside at LB though.
5(3). S- Phillips will be an FA and there are no guarantees that we re-sign him and Perry loves his 3 safety sets so depth at S wouldn't hurt.

Phins827
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Miami Dolphins

OLB: After a switch to a 4-3, Miami currently has Burnett and Dansby as starters, with Misi and Guyton competing for the other spot. Between those 2, I think it's a lose-lose.

WR: I'm still not sure how this new offense is going to look. The committee we have may work with the new West Coast Offense, but on paper, it doesn't look good

S: After releasing Yeremiah Bell, it allows Reshad Jones to slide over to his natural position at SS. But that still leaves a hole at FS.

OG: With the new offense, we are going away from the power scheme, and moving to a finesse zone blocking scheme. LT Long, C Pouncey, and new RT Martin are good, but I have doubts about both OGs.

CB: Vontae is a stud, but Smith leaves room for improvement

prock
05-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Vikings

1) WR - we need to give Ponder some weapons.
2) LB - no more EJ creates a huge whole in the middle
3) DT - Kevin isn't getting younger and there isn't much else to speak of
4) CB - depends on how Cook stays out of trouble and how Robinson develops, and how Winfield stays healthy

Razor
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
It's really too early to tell for the pats, but it could be:

1. WR
2. Safety
3. Center
4. DT/DE

WR is a total mess right now and even if we make it through this season without any major problems there they need to draft for the future next year. Safety is another huge clusterfuckextravaganza that needs to be resolved and Chung is entering a contract year. Center is a huge question mark with Koppen returning and Connolly looking better at guard. Depending on which scheme BB decides to run we need a DT/DE as well. The defensive line is starving for some fresh talent.

villagewarrior
05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Kansas City:

QB is far and away the Chiefs number one need. Cassel is a decent stop gap, but there has to be something permanent at the end of the gap.

Pass rush. Chiefs run a 34 and Tamba Hali is as studly a pass rusher as there is. They have some young guys they hope will be able to effectively complement him, like Houston and Sheffield, and they are hoping Poe will be able to push the pocket, but they really don't have much else going on.

DL. Pioli and Crennel love the big nasties, don't be shocked if they pull the trigger on another 1st round DL.

eaglesalltheway
05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks everybody, the first post should be updated with everyone who has helped put it together (let me know if it isn't). Just to remind people, this isn't solely a "Post Positions of Need" thread, I'm looking for types of players that fit either scheme or draft history (or both) of your team as well. I don't want this to be just positions, I want this to be a thread that not only does that, but provides further insight into players, and will hopefully result in a place for people making mock drafts, even at this early stage to make picks that will be more appealing to you guys. I can only give as much detail as you guys give me, in most cases, so the less info that gets put in here, the less the people making mock drafts will know, and in turn, the less happy you'll be with the mock drafts that get posted here. Hopefully if we can get some more teams filled out, and continued debate, we'll be able to refine the lists more and get as good of an idea as soon as possible to how things may work out.

the_lung
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Steelers:

Safety...free and strong

MLB

WR

CB

OG

Depending on Mendenhall's healthy return, we may need to add RB to the list. Is anyone convinced that any of the likes of Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, John Clay or Chris Rainey can step up and be "the man" if pressed into action?!?

Sloopy
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Baltimore Ravens:

ILB: Ray probably won't last much longer and while McClain has certainly stepped up, I think he is at his best when standing next to someone.

OT: Options = McKinnie, Oher, Reid and Osemele. McKinnie is old and useless, also Jah Reid may be moving to guard and Oher is probably running out of opportunities (isn't bad but far from dominant), Osemele will fill in at either guard or RT but can't really call him a sure starter yet. May turn out that we only really get one viable starter out of the group and it may that might be at guard.

S: Ed Reed will need to be replaced soon, possibly sooner than later if he remains unhappy with his contract situation.

WR: We have some good guys, depth, and young talent, but I really don't see a #1 guy yet.

Rosebud
05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Right now the Giants have Shaun Rogers and Marvin "I haven't footballed in 2 years" Austin as their backup DTs. Might as well toss it up there ahead of C and ILB, right behind OT, DE and S.

mightytitan9
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
For the Titans:

Interior Offensive Line: The Titans likely won't target before the 3rd round, and I love the addition of Steve Hutchinson, and he did sign a 3yr deal so maybe he does intend to play that long, but at 34 it's never too early to look for his replacement. Center and the other guard could use upgraded as well at this point, unless Munch/Matthews develops someone here.

DE: The Titans brough back Dave Ball on a one year deal, a solid move, and signed Wimbley during FA. Morgan has been injured and there is little depth behind the 3. I like Solomon, but its to be determined if he can play in the NFL, and if so he'll likely just replace Ball, who is due to retire.

CB: This depends largely on if we can get an extension worked out with McCourty, and if Sensabaugh can develop into an NFL corner.

S: This depends on if Markelle Martin develops, and if Griffin is retained if he has a good season.

K Train
05-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Depending on Mendenhall's healthy return, we may need to add RB to the list. Is anyone convinced that any of the likes of Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, John Clay or Chris Rainey can step up and be "the man" if pressed into action?!?

im so far from convinced any of them can be anything servicable at runningback, i have hopes for dwyer and i have hopes for rainey as a do-it-all guy.

i kinda hope mendenhall is brought back, would love to see what he can do with some talented blockers on the interior and with a real offensive coordinator

JPF
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Early look for the Panthers in no specific order...

OT- Otah has played in less than half the games since being drafted and is headed into a contract year; Gross is the wrong side of 30 now and while he hasn't lost a step, it took him a while to get going last year; no real depth behind them unless you count Byron Bell who started at RT part of the year last year as an UDFA and actually didn't look all that bad

WR- a future #1 unless something in Gettis or LaFell has you thinking they can turn into one

CB- Gamble is on the other side of 30; Captain Munnerlyn is starting on the other side and is more bark than bite...though Hogan & Norman (last years 4th rounder & this years 5th rounder) are threats to take that starting job I suppose

TE- yes the team has Olsen but if Chud intends to continue running two TE sets like he did last year, Gary Barnidge isn't going to work most likely so a mid round pick on a TE could be a good thing (or if Fauria slips to our pick in the second though that might be a luxury pick)

DT- Ron Edwards comes back (weird to say since he never played a down for the Panthers before getting hurt) from injury this year but he's the wrong side of 30; McClain & Fua didn't progress very much last season before ending up on IR(McClain did some but Fua actually looked worse IMO as the season went on); the others played well down the stretch last year but can they duplicate it?

LB- depth! the starters are solid (Beason, Kuechly, and Anderson), but Thomas Davis hasn't stayed healthy in 3 years now and the best backup at the moment is Jordan Senn. Um, yea.

Robcards
05-23-2012, 12:27 AM
New York Jets needs for the 2013 draft:

1. RT - Ducasse is a bust and this has got to be Wayne Hunter's last year here. A mauler like DJ Fluker would be awesome, but this is a hole that could be more easily filled in free agency assuming we have some room to work with.

2. 3-4 OLB - Absolutely shocked that this hole wasn't addresses in the 2012 draft. Especially in the mid 3rd when Ronnell Lewis was available, but they had hardons for Bart Scott's successor in Demario Davis so that leaves this as one of the most pressing needs. Maybin is too small to play OLB on running downs, and Bryan Thomas is over the hill and is an injury risk, and Pace is on the wrong side of 30 as well. Mingo or Jarvis Jones would be amazing but I think they'll be long gone before the Jets pick.

3. Every down back - I'm not sure about Bilal Powell's progress, and Ganaway just doesn't seem like he'll ever have the explosion necessary to be a feature back. Assuming the usual 8+ underclassmen declare at the RB position for 2013, it should be a deep enough class that we can get someone solid like Spencer Ware or Christine Michael in the 3rd or so.

Those are the pressing needs, here are some spots we could use depth at or could draft someone to cut dead weight at that position:

QB - The extension Sanchez received doesn't make him untouchable, most of the guaranteed money is 2012 and 2013 so he can and will be cut if he doesn't progress.

S - Drafted a couple of late round guys here and signed Bell and Landry to 1 yr deals so safety could easily be a pressing need next offseason if Bush and Allen don't work out.

CB - Depth is a concern here as the talent drops off after our 3rd corner in Wilson. Steed, Fletcher, and Lynn were all rated highly at some point before going undrafted so maybe they hit a homerun with one of those 3 udfas but if not, depth at corner is a need.

TE - Every tight end not named Dustin Keller on the roster is atrocious. Once again we signed an udfa that was once rated high in Linthicum so who knows.

Interior line - The backup guards and centers have been a revolving door of terribles, and this became a real issue early last season when mangold missed some games.

1funguy
05-23-2012, 03:57 AM
It's early to say for certain but I'll give the Chargers' needs a stab ....

OL - We continue to have needs at all positions along the OL IMO. Gaither is somewhat unproven at LOT, LG is questionable, Hardwick at center has already considered retirement, Vasquez needs to improve, & Clary is serviceable at best.

CB - Jammeron the high side of 30, Cason still a question mark, the rest unproven.

NT - How much does Garay have left? Thomas still unproven IMO. This is the lynchpin of the 3-4 & has been largely left unaddressed since before Jamal Williams' decline/departure.

DL - always a need IMO.

OLB - Phillips isn't getting any younger, English has shown little to nothing, Ingram is an unproven rookie.

QB - for depth behind Rivers. Volek is gone, Whitehurst does a nice job holding the clipboard but is he a viable option if Rivers gets hurt?

RB - Depth/rotation

GM - haha AJ had better hope this draft was magical.

SuperMcGee
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
No real order, too much to be seen during the year.

LB - We could use an improvement on the strongside and a potential replacement for Barnett. Yet to be seen what Sheppard does as the full-time guy at 43 MLB.

S - Looking for a replacement for George Wilson in the slightly later future, and a 3rd safety to play in big nickel packages in the immediate future. Could be a high pick for us, as evidenced by interest in Mark Barron this year. Wilson will be 32 by the time of the draft.

DE - Who knows how long Kelsay will be around. Mark Anderson should not be counted on as a longterm, every down player. Rotational guys needed, barring miraculous Merriman comeback. Could end up a big need despite offseason move. Investment would depend on players available (derp)

QB - If Fitzpatrick has a bad year, this could easily be top priority. If he does well, it could depend on how well and the value we see at the position. For depth purposes, VY is on a 1-year deal, but Thigpen is signed through 2013. He still sucks.

TE - We haven't used one too prominently in a while. Chandler was well used as a redzone threat early in the year, did okay between the twenties later on. Not the most inspiring starter, depth offers little.

WR - Debatable. A lot to be seen, here. TJ Graham will be given some time and opportunity, but it depends on how we want to use him and how effective he, Nelson, and maybe Easley/Jones can be in different roles. No physically dominant receiver on the squad.