PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Panthers fan

JPF
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
With the change at OC, do you see the team returning to it's running roots or will it stay on Big Ben's arm?

I'm sure Mendenhall's injury will factor into that equation some but how big an impact do you see the new OC having?

ellsy82
08-16-2012, 11:26 PM
With the change at OC, do you see the team returning to it's running roots or will it stay on Big Ben's arm?

I'm sure Mendenhall's injury will factor into that equation some but how big an impact do you see the new OC having?

Everything I'm hearing from tweets and insider beat writers is that its going to be more balanced. Watch the game vs. the Eagles last week (preseason, I know), but they practice a lot of screens, and dink n' dunk type passes. Gone are the days where Ben's going to have 3 TDs with only 215 passing yards. There's always going to be a long ball bombed to Wallace in this offense, but with Haley, he's gonna make sure that the offense moves the chains instead of always going for a killer strike.

Also, OL will be sent into the second level more to provide blocking for the running backs. Arians always kept his linemen near the line to "protect" his quarterback. Well, dink n' dunk passes work more effectively in protecting the QB anyway.

So...Haley wants to sustain drives and have increased red zone scoring...which is also what EVERY SINGLE Steeler fan in the nation wants as well. Ben's average stats from the last 5 seasons till now...probably going to go from 250 yds passing and 2-2.5 TDs to 315 yds passing with 2.5-3 TDs. If fantasy football is your interest, he's probably worth a solid 5-6th round pick.