PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNation's 2013 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 5/12

RaiderNation
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Here is my 1st 2013 mock of the year, order based on what I predict the standings will be. As always questions and comments are welcomed!

1 Jacksonville Jaguars- Matt Barkley QB USC
2 Minnesota Vikings- Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
3 Cleveland Browns- Robert Woods WR USC*
4 Indianapolis Colts- Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU*
5 Arizona Cardinals- Tyler Bray QB Tennessee*
6 Miami Dolphins- Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia*
7 St. Louis Rams- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina*
8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- David Amerson CB North Carolina State*
9 Tennessee Titans- Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
10 Carolina Panthers- Star Lotulelei DT Utah
11 San Diego Chargers- Keenan Allen WR Cal*
12 St. Louis Rams(f/WAS)- Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU*
13 New York Jets- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU*
14 Seattle Seahawks- Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame
15 Kansas City Chiefs- Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech*
16 Dallas Cowboys- TJ McDonald FS/SS USC
17 Oakland Raiders- Kawann Short DT Purdue
18 Detroit Lions- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State*
19 Cincinnati Bengals- Alex Okafor DE/OLB Texas
20 New Orleans Saints- Eric Reid FS/SS LSU*
21 Buffalo Bills- Marquess Wilson WR Washington State*
22 Chicago Bears- Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio State*
23 Pittsburgh Steelers- Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
24 New York Giants- Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State
25 Denver Broncos- Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame*
26 Atlanta Falcons- Chris Faulk OT LSU*
27 Baltimore Ravens- Robert Lester FS/SS Alabama
28 San Francisco 49ers- Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State
29 Houston Texans- Justin Hunter WR Tennessee*
30 Philadelphia Eagles- DJ Fluker OT Alabama*
31 New England Patriots- Barrett Jones C/OG Alabama
32 Green Bay Packers- Kevin Reddick ILB UNC

Other Possible 1st Round Prospects:
Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
Da'Rick Rodgers WR Tennessee*
Terrence Williams WR Baylor
Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
Jackson Jeffcoat DE/OLB Texas*
Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
Bennie Logan DT LSU*
Johnny Adams CB Michigan State

phlysac
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM
28 San Francisco 49ers- Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State

Fits both need and value, as of now...

OSUGiants17
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Fluker, Jeffcoat and Taylor would all be better picks. Jenkins doesn't make a 4-3 OLB or DE

derza222
05-12-2012, 08:52 PM
If the Jets are picking that high I couldn't imagine them making a luxury pick like that. Have to be far bigger needs.

Taber21
05-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Pretty quick to give up on Ponder, although you clearly don't believe he will be able to do anything this year with the Vikings picking #2.

TitanHope
05-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Can you explain your reasoning for the Titans going LT?

If they're planning on replacing Roos through the draft rather than re-sign him again, then I think Munchak is more likely to draft a guy in the 2nd-3rd RD's and groom him for a season rather than take a guy that early. Ideally, they'd draft him, sit him for Roos and Stewart's final seasons, and then franchise Roos for one season so the replacement can play RT for a year, then switch after acclimating himself to the game. That's similar to how they prepared Roos, only he didn't get the season to sit - it was Stewart who did and then he took over RT for Roos.

Although, I'd prefer them to plan on re-signing Roos regardless, and just select a different position, whether it's DE, S, or CB.

DeepThreat
05-13-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't understand why Robert Woods is considered better than Keenan Allen.

Matthew Jones
05-13-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd be happy with Barrett Jones; he seems to fit New England's draft philosophy very well (intelligent, hard-working, aggressive, versatile, SEC player, all-conference awards.) The Patriots recently gave Dan Connolly a three-year, $9 million contract which could mean that Connolly is viewed as the starting center for the next three seasons, although it would be difficult to pass on an outstanding value such as Jones.

cmd34
05-14-2012, 12:23 PM
16 Dallas Cowboys- TJ McDonald FS/SS USC
:banana:

but despite my USC homering I would prefer this pick for the Cowboys..

20 New Orleans Saints- Eric Reid FS/SS LSU*

cmd34
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

because he is better.

Seriously, Allen is handicapped by his QB (his brother) and his Tebow-like windup.

K Train
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM
not thrilled with montee ball

proshoota25
05-14-2012, 06:35 PM
perfect patriots pick

vidae
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
I think it's kind of funny that you have the Raiders finishing with a better record than the Chiefs, when the Raiders don't have half the talent that the Chiefs do, but you're a Raiders fan so I'm not completely shocked.

gsorace
05-14-2012, 08:51 PM
13 New York Jets- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU*
14 Seattle Seahawks- Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame

As much as the idea of Mathieu and Revis together makes me hard, I think Te'o would probably make more sense.

T-RICH49
05-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm T-Rich49 and I approve this KC pick

thebow305
05-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Decent Miami pick, rather have Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter though!

VikesWookie
05-19-2012, 12:57 PM
because he is better.

Seriously, Allen is handicapped by his QB (his brother) and his Tebow-like windup.

so... woods is better b/c his QB? that makes no sense to me... woods may get more production b/c of a better qb, but to decide who's the better prospect based on that is ridiculous...

Brent
05-19-2012, 01:01 PM
1 Jacksonville Jaguars- Matt Barkley QB USC

The Jags taking a QB next year would probably make YFS blow a load.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-19-2012, 04:10 PM
The Jags taking a QB next year would probably make YFS blow a load.

Not Barkley though bro. #Pray4Bray

RaiderNation
05-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Fluker, Jeffcoat and Taylor would all be better picks. Jenkins doesn't make a 4-3 OLB or DE
In your guys scheme I think he can, since he'll be asked to play some OLB and DE. It could be a different DE though like you suggested.

Can you explain your reasoning for the Titans going LT?
As of now Roos is set to be a F/A, so until a extension is reached OT should be a need next off season. He will likely be resigned like you said, but I could still see a situation like you said where Wagner would likely sit/play RT for a few seasons before taking over LT.

Woods is a much more polished WR, despite not being the physical freak Allen is. Both are likely top 10 picks though if they stay healthy and productive.

wicket
05-20-2012, 04:55 PM
i can dig reid to the saints, my favourite non-ND defensive prospect this draft to my fav team :)

mightytitan9
05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
As of now Roos is set to be a F/A, so until a extension is reached OT should be a need next off season. He will likely be resigned like you said, but I could still see a situation like you said where Wagner would likely sit/play RT for a few seasons before taking over LT.

He is signed thru 2013, 2014 is a voidable year (for the Titans to my knowledge) but at the salary he's making I would be shocked to see it voided. So that'd make him a FA in 2015...

DE or DB would be the better selection.

49erNation85
05-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Good sf pick.

Robcards
05-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Your top 10 is kind of similar to mine, you lost me at Jets taking mathieu that high though! Huge reach for a position that isnt a need, kyle wilson is a stud nickelback.

Knicks and Bucs
06-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Just completely awful bucs draft. David Amerson is severely overrated and the wrong CB for the defense Tampa runs. He would be more suited to what the saints run. If the bucs do this horrible again then it will be because of Josh Freeman. This is where the bucs take a QB.

CJSchneider
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM
i can dig reid to the saints, my favourite non-ND defensive prospect this draft to my fav team :)

Yeah, it's ok. I can honestly say that I need to see us play and to really reevaluate if our biggest need is our front 7.