PDA

View Full Version : i should probably find a new hobby for the next couple of months...

TACKLE
05-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I feel kinda silly for doing a mock this early but draft season still hasn't ended for me I guess and I love next year's class right now. Tried not to force any needs this early so there's barely any O-Lineman because this looks like such a crappy group.

If you don't like the order, yell at RaiderNation because I stole it from him.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech

Top 3 QB's (Thomas, Wilson, Bray) are extremely close in my eyes. Thomas is the 'tooliest' and could be a pretty special talent. I'm giving him the edge right now and betting on that upside.

2. Minnesota Vikings - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Do they abandon Ponder after year two? I think they give him one more year with actual weapons. If Hunter can recover fully from his injury, he should challenge for that top WR. He is a more athletic (less refined) AJ Green.

3. Cleveland Browns - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Gets the edge over Woods because of size. Browns failed to get a playmaking WR in 2012 draft so they get one here.

4. Indianapolis Colts - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

Pagano gets his Ngata. Can play the 5, can play the nose. Will give them that big stud they need inside

5. Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

If they're picking this high than their QB situation was an absolute mess. Again, extremely close between he and Bray but I went with Wilson because of his movement and ability to allude the rush better than Bray.

6. Miami Dolphins - Robert Woods, WR, USC

Pretty self explanitory.

7. St. Louis Rams - Eric Reid, S, LSU

Probably a better prospect than Barron.

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - David Amerson, CB, NC State

Shouldn't have anywhere near the same INT numbers but that's understandable. Very long with ridiculous athleticism.

9. Tennessee Titans - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

I am a huge fan of this guy. Incredibly talented and athletic player. I expect he'll be 6'7 260ish by the time the combine rolls around. Has the length and frame that gives him the edge among the other DE's.

10. Carolina Panthers - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

Way too big, too strong and too athletic not go early.

11. San Diego Chargers - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

One of the fastest DT's I've ever seen. Just a phenomenal athlete who made a handful of 'Wow plays' this past year. If he can keep his head on straight and be more consistent,

12. St. Louis Rams(f/WAS) - Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

Could be Lattimore. Both guys coming off a season ending injury though Knile had a broken ankle and Lattimore was an ACL. Knile is super explosive at 225lbs and will have less wear and more homerun ability than Lattimore. It'll be close between those two.

13. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU

Finally get that edge rusher.

14. Seattle Seahawks - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

It's hard to project how successful Flynn will be and how much confidence they have in Russ moving forward. I don't expect Bray to fall out of the top 10 either. But I don't think they have enough stability at QB to justify passing on Bray.

15. Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Barkley, QB, USC

KC drafts their first 1st round QB in 30 years.

16. Dallas Cowboys - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia

Spencer may not be back and Jones would be a great bookend opposite of Ware. Wouldn't rule out a developmental QB earlier either.

17. Oakland Raiders - Jonathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State

I think the Raiders are trying to transition to more of a 3-4. Hankins has the size and athleticism to play any of the interior D-Line positions.

18. Detroit Lions - Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina

Taylor should play a big role with Ingram gone and he is freakish athlete at a position of need.

19. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

They didn't get their RB this year and should be a priority in 2013.

20. New Orleans Saints - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Smith is getting old and Jordan needs to establish himself as a better pass rusher. Saints like physical DE's who can play vs the run and OKafor is that.

21. Buffalo Bills - Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee

Da'Rick has Dwayne Bowe written all over him.

22. Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

Athletic stud who can play all three LB position.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers - TJ McDonald, S, USC

Can play free or strong. Big talented athlete who's also a strong leader.

24. New York Giants - Dominique Easley, DT, Florida

One of my favoirte players in college football. Prototypical penetrating 3-tech. If he makes a full recovery from his knee, he could be one of the best defensive players in college football.

25. Denver Broncos - Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford

Gigantic TE who is unstoppable in the redzone. Gives Peyton more weaponzzz.

26. Atlanta Falcons - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

Weren't able to get their pass rusher in 2012. Montgomery is physical enough to play in a 43.

27. Baltimore Ravens - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

Probably the 2,370,982,578 time an ILB has been mocked to the Ravens as 'Ray Lewis's heir' but Te'o would be an awesome pick.

28. San Francisco 49ers - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Arguably the most dominant lineman in college football last year and one of my favorite player. Not an elite athlete but a PERFECT fit inside for the 9ers.

29.Houston Texans - Barrett Jones, C/T, Alabama

Can play all 5 positions on the O-Line. RT is a question mark heading into the season as well and Barrett Jones is a great scheme fit.

30. Philadelphia Eagles - EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State

Perfect developmental QB for the Iggles.

31. New England Patriots - Tyran Mathieu, NB/S/ROVER, LSU

5'9 at best, 4.5 speed without great man cover skills...I'd expect him to fall a bit. But Honey Badger is the player Bill has been waiting for for years. Won't start outside most likely but I have zero doubts they could find a big role for him in the slot.

32. Green Bay Packers - Ray Graham, RB, Pitt

Another 'if he can make a full recovery...' guy. Ray Graham's cuts are special and he's incredibly elusive. If they can get a legitimate weapon out of the backfield that offense could elevate even higher.

vidae
05-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Aww, Bray goes one pick before KC?! Swap those!

TACKLE
05-13-2012, 10:07 PM
a te? you hate me, don't you.

I was kinda hoping you didn't read mocks anymore. They went a whole draft without taking one, feels like it's been too long.

TACKLE
05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
meh, it's may. i can't even be mad. i really only came in to complain about the draft order.

I stole someone else's order for a reason.

TitanHope
05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Hmmm... Give the Titans Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, AND Da'Rick, and you've got a deal.

With respect,
TitanHope

TACKLE
05-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Hmmm... Give the Titans Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, AND Da'Rick, and you've got a deal.

With respect,
TitanHope

Bray makes sense for the Titans after missing out on Air McNair 2.0 from Mississippi State in this year's draft.

With respect,
JBond93

SickwithIt1010
05-14-2012, 12:51 AM
I would hate that pick...

Don Vito
05-14-2012, 01:24 AM
I would love for the Pats to get Mathieu

RCAChainGang
05-14-2012, 01:38 AM
I guess I like the pick. I would rather see some help in the secondary though. I guess I'm just hoping Chapman is a legitimate NT and we get a couple decent guys in Nevis, Moala, et all 4-3 DTs on our roster.

Definitely a need and you made some good points.

Razor
05-14-2012, 05:50 AM
I'd really hate Mathieu for the Patriots since I don't think he's what we need. He has questionable character, he's a liability in coverage, he's small, he's an average to slightly above average athlete for the position. Sure, his instincts are great but that doesn't make up for the rest of it. We could probably find a way to utilize him but we wouldn't get much better as a team imo by selecting him. I think our needs going into next year's draft will be at WR, interior OL, safety and DL. Mathieu *could* play safety in the NFL but he'd be injured more often than not. Mathieu is imo a perfect example of a great college player whose skills does not translate very well to the NFL. I also believe that some of his hype comes from his nickname and not his actual play on the field.

FootballGod
05-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Homerun for the Bengals

CJSchneider
05-14-2012, 11:01 AM
I like the Saints pick. DE is our big need on D now imo.

cmd34
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
7. St. Louis Rams - Eric Reid, S, LSU

Probably a better prospect than Barron.

Great call.

16. Dallas Cowboys - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia

Spencer may not be back and Jones would be a great bookend opposite of Ware. Wouldn't rule out a developmental QB earlier either.

I would be THRILLED.

proshoota25
05-14-2012, 06:33 PM
mathieu to the pats? LOVE IT... prolly too flashy of a player for Bill tho

T-RICH49
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Matt Barkley to KC?In the words of WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan...YES YES YES

fenikz
05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
you should probably find a new order :p

Matthew Jones
05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Mathieu's versatility/production/pedigree would be very appealing but I'm not sure a slot cornerback is worth a first-round pick; Brandon Boykin was a very good slot prospect and fell all the way to the fourth round this year despite contributing on special teams and being an elite athlete. Kyle Arrington was very effective in the slot last season (9/18, 128 yards, 3 INT, 2 PD) and Sterling Moore's best fit may be in the slot as well (although he played very well on the outside.) With Devin McCourty and Ras-I Dowling on the outside, Alfonzo Dennard will likely get an opportunity to develop into the slot corner as well; Dennard's lack of deep speed would be masked more effectively by playing to his strengths in the slot. I expect New England to give Tavon Wilson some slot reps as well (he played in the slot at times in college.)

New England's problems at cornerback last year were largely a result of Devin McCourty's disappointing season and a forced reshuffling of the position following season-ending injuries to Leigh Bodden and Ras-I Dowling (cornerbacks best suited to the inside, like Kyle Arrington, being forced to move outside.) Belichick has shown a propensity to draft defensive backs high but depth on the outside (basically, an upgrade over Antwaun Molden's play from last season) as insurance for McCourty/Dowling seems more plausible.

An outside wide receiver with precise routes/intelligence/agility or a big two-gapping defensive end for the 3-4 would be my recommendation at this point. Personally I'm hoping New England attempts to finish their front-seven, which is set at nose tackle (Wilfork) and linebacker (Jones, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower) but lacks difference-makers at five-technique.

thebow305
05-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Jizztastic Phins pick!! And i love the Justin Hunter love!!

49erNation85
05-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Love the pick for sf. O line and defense back field will be the next be need in 2013.

Poz51
05-22-2012, 11:41 AM
21. Buffalo Bills - Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee
Da'Rick has Dwayne Bowe written all over him.

I like Rogers alot, but I am not sure they are looking for that type of receiver, last year they were looking at speed guys to compliment S. Johnson, when Randle then Posey went off the board they essentially panicked and moved up for Graham who was the only guy left who fit their mold, as evidenced by several articles including: http://www.buddynixon.com/analysis/buddy-offers-tasty-nugget-about-tj-graham-selection, which also states: (read if you'd like, short version here)
"Chris Brown put it to Buddy: Why trade up? Nix said that they had a group of 4 guys that were in a category who had 4 attribues: speed, vertical ability, ability to play outside, and size. He didnít really get into any detail as far as what the cutoffs were, but they had 4 guys who they felt fit that role. Buddy just about said Graham was the last guy, so they eliminated any doubt by trading up. That probably means Devier Posey was one of them, which would have triggered the Bills get extra antzy when he went three spots before Buffalo."
Now if Rogers comes out this year and shows vertical ability he would fit. If not I am not sure he would fit what they are looking for, although personally I would not oppose the idea myself.

K Train
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
mcdonald <3

Robcards
05-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Since when are Thomas, Bray, and Wilson the top 3 QBs? i was getting ready to call 2012 the barkley sweepstakes for the worst record.

Oh and i think Jarvis jones will be higher than Mingo, if Jets get either one thatd be awesome but doubt they make it out of top 10, and even though my
jets will suck theyll stroll to a winning record bc of an easy easy schedule so no top 10 pick for us