PDA

View Full Version : Spring Top 32 for 2013 Mock

Brown Leader
05-14-2012, 05:54 PM
1. Cleveland Browns – Logan Thomas*/QB/Virginia Tech:
A good bit of unrealized potential in Thomas right now, but I'm betting by season's end he will show that he's a legit top 5 prospect. He's got more upside then Barkley and the Browns can afford to ease him in because of Weeden.

2. Arizona Cardinals – Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
Cards are looking like the most QB needy team in the league right now and it might get ugly this season. Barkley vs Thomas debates will be interesting; it's like, would you rather restart with a Drew Brees type or a Cam Newton type physical marvel? ...but I think Wiz would go for the higher football IQ guy...which at this point seems clear.

3. Indianapolis Colts – Barkevious Mingo*/OLB-DE/ LSU:
Just a lot of pure potential here but Mingo has the ability to put up a solid season then blow everybody away with his physical testing post season.

4. Miami - Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Dez Bryant caliber talent without the off field baggage. If Mia gets the #1 pick, I think they'll trade out.

5. Oakland Raiders – Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Carson isn't the worst but the new regime needs a fresh face of the franchise. Wilson is sort of a Roethlisberger Jr. so,....another Tony Romo.

6. New Orleans Saints – Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
Makes it look effortless. Great athletic ability and attitude for the position. Needs only a strong position coach to clean up his technique. Bushrod’s contract will be up and he could be upgraded anyhow.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Corey Lemonier /DE/ Auburn:
Keeps improving. Injury prone but continues to produce.

8. St. Louis Rams - Eric Reid* /S/ LSU:
Barron-esque rise for Reid.

9. Minnesota Vikings - Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah
Vikings are on the verge of moving on from the Williams'

10. St. Louis Rams(WAS) - Johnathan Banks /CB/ Miss. State:
Has everything you look for in a first round CB.

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - John Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
Schiano's new defense scheme emphasizes stopping the run.

12. Cincinnati Bengals - T.J. McDonald /S/ USC::
Taylor Mays?

13. Carolina Panthers - David Amerson*/CB-S/ NC State:
Exposed against Tennessee but it's a little early to drop him too far. Still n ideal zone CB and potential FS.

14. San Diego Chargers – Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
Chargers have gone defense in the 1st in 4 of the last 5 drafts.

15. Kansas City Chiefs - Jarvis Jones* /OLB/ Georgia:
Chiefs will find an answer at QB before the draft or hit Landry in the 2nd.

16. Seattle Seahawks - Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:
Russell Wilson era. You could see this happening when the Hawks drafted him in the 3rd...unless you were a Matt Flynn fan.

17. New York Jets - Brennan Williams /OT/ North Carolina:
Jets most needy position-Oline.

18. Philadelphia Eagles – Gino Smith /QB/ West Virginia:
Smh Mike Vick.

19.Green Bay Packers - Le'Veon Bell* /RB/Michigan State:
One of the most dominate games I've ever seen from a RB froml against Boise.

20. Dallas Cowboys - Johnathan Cooper /OG/ North Carolina:
Unless the spend money in FA, the Cowboys have to look again at the Oline.

21. Tennessee Titans - Sam Montgomery*/DE/ LSU:
Locker 's going to do a Tebow impression this season. Titans could trade down and still hit their top need.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Perfect fit.

23. Denver Broncos - Joseph Randle*/RB/Oklahoma State:
With so many of the top backs having injury issues, a sleeper could emerge as the top talent. Broncos should be looking for a new franchise back after this season to keep things rolling.

24.Atlanta Falcons - Ricky Wagner /OT/Wisconsin:
Falcons Oline will be exploited as the season wanes.

25. San Francisco 49ers - William Gholston /DE/ Michigan State:
Monster ability and might be better suited to play as a 5 tech.

26. Buffalo Bills – Jason Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
Real similar talent to Stevie Johnson.

27. Detroit Lions - Bjoern Werner /DE/Florida State:
Lions’ defensive line is not as good as it’s rep. It’ll show this season.

28. Baltimore Ravens – Damontre Moore* /OLB-DE/ Texas A&M:
Upshaw will be no replacement for Suggs. Moore really stands out on that bad A&M defense and could have a big season. Porter gets more pub but he looks too small to hold up in a 34 scheme.

29. Chicago Bears - Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
Most Bear fans felt OT was the primary need headed into the draft and then the Bears promptly didn’t take any- HAha. It’s a good bet they’ll hit one high in this draft.

30. New England Patriots - Stedman Bailey* /WR/ West Virginia:
Outplayed elite talent Claiborne imo last season and could blow up, Kendall Wright style this year. Tavon Austin is getting the pub but this guy is the teams’ best WR. Patriots will decide to go with quality over quantity after this year.

31. Houston Texans – Jesse Williams/NT/Alabama:
Gets a shot this year at the nose and if he shows the ability to play stout there, to go along with his impressive movement skills…

32. New York Giants – Barrett Jones /OG/ Alabama:
Will become more valuable because of his versatility.

Knicks and Bucs
05-17-2012, 07:06 PM
You do not know how Mccoy will play this year. Yeah he can be a bust, but he can also turn it around. Matt Stafford was injured his first two years and tour it up last year. DTs and DEs usually take about 3 years to come on in the NFL. They are all not going to be Suh. Chris Long has been in the league since 08. He finally came on in 2011. The only way they take Hankins if he is the next Haloti Ngata which I doubt.

If the bucs do this porely again then QB can be called or CB since Barber and Talib will be gone.

vidae
05-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Argh! Give the Chiefs Tyler Bray instead of Landry Jones. :)

Unbiased
05-17-2012, 07:31 PM
You do not know how Mccoy will play this year. Yeah he can be a bust, but he can also turn it around. Matt Stafford was injured his first two years and tour it up last year. DTs and DEs usually take about 3 years to come on in the NFL. They are all not going to be Suh. Chris Long has been in the league since 08. He finally came on in 2011. The only way they take Hankins if he is the next Haloti Ngata which I doubt.

If the bucs do this porely again then QB can be called or CB since Barber and Talib will be gone.

Plus, Hankins and McCoy essentially play two different positions.

cmd34
05-17-2012, 07:44 PM
19. Dallas Cowboys - Eric Reid* /S/ LSU:
Settled on their CBs this year but the safeties will still hold the defense back this season.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones* /OLB/ Georgia:
Perfect fit. Jones always finds a way to be disruptive and has a huge motor.

23. Tennessee Titans - William Gholston* /DE/ Michigan State:
Needs to have a big year and play to his size but easily has top ten raw ability.

Man I would be so tormented with Reid, Jarvis Jones, and William Gholston still on board for the Cowboys. Love all three players.

mqtirishfan
05-17-2012, 10:25 PM
2. Oakland Raiders – Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
Oakland also probably won’t pick this high but apparently the GM really likes collecting SC QBs so they’ll move up to get the #1 passer in this draft.

When has Reggie McKenzie ever been connected to a USC QB?

SickwithIt1010
05-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Horrid eagles pick...OT will most definitely be our main target with the Peters situation...

ChiFan24
05-19-2012, 12:56 AM
When has Reggie McKenzie ever been connected to a USC QB?

He signed Leinart to back up the USC QB they already had.

Ngatachance92
05-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Why are the Ravens drafting a replacement for Terrell Suggs when we still have Suggs? Even with the injury next draft would be a little early to start looking for his replacement especially with our needs at both the MLB and FS spots.

thebow305
05-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Woods for Miami instead please!!

mqtirishfan
05-19-2012, 10:15 AM
He signed Leinart to back up the USC QB they already had.

Touché. But the USC QB they have has nothing to do with him.

49erNation85
05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Solid pick but not sure if De will be a dyer need next year come draft day.

K Train
05-21-2012, 11:22 AM
jarvis jones is a sexy pick for the steelers

coordinator0
05-21-2012, 11:40 AM
DE/OLB is a really bad pick for the Ravens.

Poz51
05-22-2012, 11:25 AM
[SIZE="3"]24. Buffalo Bills – Tyler Eifert* /TE/ Notre Dame:
After dealing with what the Pats do with Hernandez & Gronk, you would think the Bills will finally get something more at this position in this draft.

Solid pick for the Bills, I am glad someone other than myself fighting this losing fight. Unfortunately Nix and Gailey do not seem to value the TE position, and players north of the Mason-Dixon line, so it is probably unrealistic :( It does make sense to me though.

Brown Leader
05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Why are the Ravens drafting a replacement for Terrell Suggs when we still have Suggs? Even with the injury next draft would be a little early to start looking for his replacement especially with our needs at both the MLB and FS spots.
DE/OLB is a really bad pick for the Ravens.
Well..heading into his 10th season at 30ys old and coming off an Achilles-it's career threatening. Ravens already struggled to generate a pass rush. Losing both Johnson and Suggs, pass rush will be a high need next draft. Unless you really think Upshaw, Kruger, Kindle, post injury Suggs are enough? Plus Kruger and Kindle are FAs after this season.

Brown Leader
05-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Horrid eagles pick...OT will most definitely be our main target with the Peters situation...

Just realized they spent a 3rd rounder on Foles-I thought it was a 5th or 6th. Yeah QB in the 1st is out of the question unless Andy Reid is out.

Brown Leader
05-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Plus, Hankins and McCoy essentially play two different positions.

You think? Hankins looks like a 3tech to me.

villagewarrior
05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Love the position for the Chiefs, not big on the player. If they aren't in a position to get Wilson or Bray I would hope they address their DLine or get a pass rusher.

Robcards
05-23-2012, 06:54 PM
No one from the afc east or nfc north will have a top 5 pick. Both divisions have afc south and nfc west for out of conference games, way too easy of an schedule.

Brown Leader
05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
No one from the afc east or nfc north will have a top 5 pick. Both divisions have afc south and nfc west for out of conference games, way too easy of an schedule.

Other than the Colts all the teams from the AFC south and NFC west have something to give opponents a contest-even the Jaguars & Rams. And two squads from each might be SB contenders.- Hou & SF. Mia has nothing. Minn not much more without Peterson.

Sloopy
06-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I dunno man, Suggs will be back for next year and likely has a few moor years in the tank. Upshaw will likely take the other OLB spot permanently.

After that there is still Kruger and Kindle so OLB probably isn't a high priority.

OSUGiants17
06-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I would love to see the Giants get a legit OT, hopefully this is the year we actually adress our OL.