PDA

View Full Version : Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor

gpngc
05-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Technically a RS-Soph. so he's draft eligible.

Got caught in the middle of a recruiting controversy at Oregon, so he transferred to Baylor.

Former Rivals No.1 rated RB. Terrific track athlete as well.

Spring game stats: 7 carries, 138 yards, 1 TD.

He'll take the starting RB job in no time. And eventually he'll be one of the best backs in the country.

JoeJoeBrown
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM

Got caught in the middle of a recruiting controversy at Oregon, so he transferred to Baylor.

He'll take the starting RB job in no time. And eventually he'll be one of the best backs in the country.

Is this whom you are referring to in your "location"?

gpngc
05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Yes. There were rumors that he'd be granted eligibility for the past season but the NCAA denied him. He and RG3 together in the same backfield may have broken the internet.

JRTPlaya21
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Lache was def #3 on rivals after Lattimore & Dyer btw.

Duffman57
05-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Thats now why he transfered. He transfered because he sucked at UO, and was too soft to run up the middle. He tried to stretch everything outside like in HS, and the coaches were hard on him for it, and he still refused to run up the middle... If he had stayed and so had Dontae Williams, he would've been at least the 3rd RB, maybe the 4th coming off his RS first year.

He's fast but thats about it...

I actually know Lache pretty well, and one of my friends was one of his best friends up here at UO, and i knew his roomate, Eric Dungey (Tony's son).

Duffman57
05-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes. There were rumors that he'd be granted eligibility for the past season but the NCAA denied him. He and RG3 together in the same backfield may have broken the internet.

Lol, you need to calm down on a guy who has yet to take a single freaking snap at the NCAA level....Theres a reason he hasn't taken a snap yet

BamaFalcon59
05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
He was higher than Lat and Dyer. The size/toughness concerns dropped him and were valid.

domingo
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Yep. Lache was a slow learner at Oregon. Real good talent with great speed. I think if he would have stayed he eventually would have been a factor but it takes more than speed to succeed in any offense.

critesy
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
wouldve been at auburn with dyer if it werent for the shady recruiting that went down.
anyways...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/Lache-Seastrunk-talks-Auburn-recruiting-997507

huge expectations out of him in that baylor offense, im really excited to see how he does. was one of my favourite recruits that year.

domingo
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
One thing is certain. Lache Seastrunk is no Deanthony Thomas.

Duffman57
05-16-2012, 12:45 AM
One thing is certain. Lache Seastrunk is no Deanthony Thomas.

For this i add rep!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

But yah, Deanthony Thomas is 1000000000x the player that Seastrunk is.

CashmoneyDrew
05-16-2012, 12:53 AM
wouldve been at auburn with dyer if it werent for the shady recruiting that went down.

Shouldn't have blown your entire budget on Cam, then.

;)

ChiFan24
05-16-2012, 01:26 AM
His name is Lache.

Duffman57
05-16-2012, 02:41 AM
His name is Lache.

Everyone on here has spelled his name correctly....lol

ChiFan24
05-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Everyone on here has spelled his name correctly....lol

I'm not denying that. I'm just stating, for emphasis, that he is a man whose name is Lache.

Lache.

whatadai
05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
Lache means loose or coward. So he's a promiscuous woman and he's too much of a coward to run down the middle.

Duffman57
05-16-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm not denying that. I'm just stating, for emphasis, that he is a man whose name is Lache.

Lache.

His name is pronounced Lake, he just spells his name wrong...

ChiFan24
05-17-2012, 03:23 AM
His name is pronounced Lake, he just spells his name wrong...

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

descendency
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Oregon

So, which is heavier... him or a wet towel?

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Worse. If you have never heard of him "Lache" might be pronounced "La Che" or something... at least not "Lake"

critesy
05-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Worse. If you have never heard of him "Lache" might be pronounced "La Che" or something... at least not "Lake"

when i first saw the name i thought it was pronounced "lash"

Cigaro
05-18-2012, 05:48 PM
For some reason I've always assumed his name was pronounced Loch, like the monster.

BamaFalcon59
05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I've always went with Lach-Ay.

badgerbacker
05-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Hmm...I always figured it was pronounced Latch.

Back to the topic...this year will obviously have to be a big one for him in order to think he'd be drafted as a redshirt sophomore. Don't think he's proven enough yet.

BamaFalcon59
05-19-2012, 01:27 PM
He hasn't proven anything whatsoever.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I always went: La-Shea

Caulibflower
05-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Lache means loose or coward. So he's a promiscuous woman and he's too much of a coward to run down the middle.

Nah, he just has a coy running style.

America
05-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Lache couldn't remember plays at Temple high so it was mostly just run left or run right.

farfromforgotten
12-22-2012, 07:22 AM
He hasn't proven anything whatsoever.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8771013/lache-seastrunk-baylor-bears-says-going-win-heisman-2013

Robcards
12-22-2012, 08:29 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8771013/lache-seastrunk-baylor-bears-says-going-win-heisman-2013

Not sure what the link has to do with the post you quoted, but every post before yours was in May before Seastruck took any snaps.

farfromforgotten
12-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Not sure what the link has to do with the post you quoted, but every post before yours was in May before Seastruck took any snaps.

I know. It was mostly being sarcastic. I like Seastrunk, but don't see anyway that he actually wins the Heisman next year.

Duffman57
12-22-2012, 05:23 PM
ahahaha

Up here at Oregon, one of my friends is a coach on the football team. We got to talking a little about Lache, and he said something funny. When he was at Oregon, the S&C coach used to always call him weird, because of one thing....

His left leg is about 2x as big as his right leg. I didn't believe it when I heard it, and then once you look for it...its SO obvious. The best picture i could find of it, is at the time of the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7ZUWEcP71Ag#t=17s

hahahahaha

i also talked to his roomate quite a bit freshman year (Eric Dungy) and aparently he's a WEIRD kid. It would be like 35 degrees outside and he would leave the window wide open, turn off the heat, and just sit there....haha

ATLDirtyBirds
12-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I know. It was mostly being sarcastic. I like Seastrunk, but don't see anyway that he actually wins the Heisman next year.

I think it's definitely possible.

CollegeFan
12-30-2012, 11:19 AM

Kinda hard to predict something like winning a Heisman but hey, I'll give credit where its due...this guy looked pretty impressive the other night. I'd say he is somebody to keep an eye on for sure.

gpngc
12-30-2012, 11:21 AM
ahahaha

Up here at Oregon, one of my friends is a coach on the football team. We got to talking a little about Lache, and he said something funny. When he was at Oregon, the S&C coach used to always call him weird, because of one thing....

His left leg is about 2x as big as his right leg. I didn't believe it when I heard it, and then once you look for it...its SO obvious. The best picture i could find of it, is at the time of the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7ZUWEcP71Ag#t=17s

hahahahaha

i also talked to his roomate quite a bit freshman year (Eric Dungy) and aparently he's a WEIRD kid. It would be like 35 degrees outside and he would leave the window wide open, turn off the heat, and just sit there....haha

This type of post is how legends are born.

CollegeFan
12-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Weird or not kid can ball...you see all these guys getting injured and dropping and couching the football right up....well here is a guy that hurt something but found the endzone anyway...I am impressed with this guy.

Jcn92
12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I remember at one time he was supposed to be leaning hard to Auburn in HS and go there along with Dyer. Apparently Chizik was trying to create a three headed monster at RB. He was also trying to get Lattimore but he was never going anywhere other than South Carolina.

I think it should be really fun to watch someone with Seastrunk's speed in Art Brile's offense. However, as long as Glasco Martin IV is getting more carries, especially more goal line carries, and more touchdowns I don't see how he could win the Heisman. Martin's a junior and should be back. Reggie Bush won in 2005 sharing carries with Lendale White, but Bush had more attempts than White. Martin IV had more attempts than Seastrunk.

ConnSKINS26
10-06-2013, 01:10 AM
What this kid is doing this season is amazing.

He's not a perfect prospect, of course, but with his production, big play ability, and the way he's inevitably going to blow up the combine, he's going to be an incredibly hyped prospect. Late first rounder, probably.

I don't think he has any competition unless Gordon comes out (and he should).

J-Mike88
10-06-2013, 01:20 AM
What this kid is doing this season is amazing.

He's not a perfect prospect, of course, but with his production, big play ability, and the way he's inevitably going to blow up the combine, he's going to be an incredibly hyped prospect. Late first rounder, probably.

I don't think he has any competition unless Gordon comes out (and he should).
RB's are going to continue to be drafted later and later.
They all get hurt anyway, see Lacy, see Le"Veon Bell.... see Trent Richardson.

I'll take the under (after) on late first for Sea.
He's a nice player, reminds me of the path Christine Michael took. Clear blue chip stud talent..... we'll see.

ConnSKINS26
10-06-2013, 01:32 AM
RB's are going to continue to be drafted later and later.
They all get hurt anyway, see Lacy, see Le"Veon Bell.... see Trent Richardson.

I'll take the under (after) on late first for Sea.
He's a nice player, reminds me of the path Christine Michael took. Clear blue chip stud talent..... we'll see.

Part of the reason I see Seastrunk going late 1st is precisely because of where Michael went...the 2nd with very little in the way of production. Seastrunk will be a little smaller, but thick anyways, with great production. Great pedigree. He's going to destroy the combine. Strength, speed, agility, and he'll have the ridiculous jumps like David Wilson did. In fact, he's going to profile pretty similarly to Wilson but with less negativity around his vision and instincts, and possibly a better combine.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-06-2013, 09:21 AM
ahahaha

hahahahaha

he may be weird but he put da team on his back doe

bigbuc
10-07-2013, 02:11 AM
One reason why I think he ends up in the late first round. Speed. Flat out burner. One thing NFL teams go nuts for. Also it's not like this guy is doing this a 185ish. He's a full 210.

fredder
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
At this point I think there's a pretty wide range for how good of a pro Seastrunk will be. Obviously he has incredible speed and combined with his patience as a runner it gives him a set of skills similar to what Chris Johnson had early in his career.

With that said I feel he goes down too easily for a guy his size. I also question his ability to be a 3 down back which is basically required for first round RBs at this point. The frustrating thing is that he generally shows the ability to pick up the right guy in pass blocking he just doesn't do enough to stop that guy. Again this is kind of strange for a guy his size. Also from what I've seen he's shown inconsistent hands out of the backfield. This really hurts him as one of the best ways to utilize him is in space and using him as a receiver would be one of the best ways to do this.

He honestly has the ability to be one of the best backs in the league but for him to be worth a 1st round pick he's going to have to learn to play like a guy who's 210 pounds. He could also disappoint as a first rounder if he becomes a guy who can't stay on the field for all 3 downs and short yardage situations and struggles to consistently make plays. Similar to how David Wilson has disappointed so far.

katnip
10-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Seems like Thomas Jones out of college..

Wasn't Jones a fast relatively big back who didn't really run all that hard/finish?

Blawbert
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
A less good De'Anthony Thomas, Kenjon Barner and Lamicheal James.

wojo
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Seastrunk will demolish the league.

MassNole
10-15-2013, 08:23 AM

:facepalm:

Hokies2013
12-03-2013, 10:39 PM

He has much more power and size than any of them. Not a good comparison.