PDA

View Full Version : Mock, Mock, Mock, All Year Long, 2 Rounds, Thoughts, Analysis, Mini Blog, Etc.

Poz51
05-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Some intitial thoughts on the the 2013 draft. I like the potential 1st round talent well into the second round and potetially into the third round, in general, it is one of the deepest drafts I can ever remember heading into the summer, or at least the most excited I have been heading into the summer.

Offensively, I dont remember ever having 5 potential top 10, and three potential #1 overall picks at QB this early in the process. Not to mention I have 6 more as potential first round picks, who I would not be shocked to see anyone of them getting more love heading into the draft itself. Running back I see as being very top heavy, although injury recovery will be key with Lattimore and Davis, who along with Ball are the only guys I currently see challenging for first round status. I think it is another down year for tight ends, with only one in the first round mix at this point. I dont like the prospects at center, guard in my opinion is top heavy, but not with 2012type talent. Tackle is an interesting spot, where I have 7 1st round posibilities, but no one is wowing me at this point. I am very interested to see how things shape up, particularly at Texas A & M, and with some of the guys like S. Henderson, M. Jackson and J. Hurst who could end up in the conversation as well.

Defensively, I love the Safety class coming out. Particularly at FS where the talent level could be the best I have ever seen. I have 5 currently with top 20 potential, and 3 of those with top 10 potential. 4 of these 5 I believe are going to be better prospects than Mark Barron who went 7th. With 2 potential first round strong safeties, it could be a great year to get help in the interior secondary. At ILB I like 4 guys as potential first rounders, and one of them did not make it into my two round mock. OLB has become a interesting situation in evaluating, 3-4, 4-3, hybrid, where do they fit? 3-4 OLB's, I have 13 potential first round guys, including 4-3 DE conversion types. 4-3 OLB's I have 6 potential first round guys. Of those 19, I think I have 4-5 who could fit either scheme, qualifying as hybrids. At DT is apprears to be a big boy draft, not alot of penetrators, although there are a couple. Star has some Suh qualities to his game, and Hankins has some Wilfork type qualities to his, and there are about 6 first round potential guys after that, with several "creepers" that could end up in the conversation come next April. At corner I love the top of the draft, Amerson has all the makings of a true stud corner at the next level, although teams will be foolish to throw his way this year and production will likely fall, dont be fooled the guy is a legit top 5 prospect. I am higher on Banks than many, but he has the tools and I have enjoyed watching him play, I thought he should have come out this year, but another year wont hurt him at all, and Rhodes has all the talent but carries some injury concerns, a top flight talent as well. Although I only have 2 other first round caliber guys at this point, I think there is tons of second through middle to late round talent and potential, so Ill be exctied to see who develops this season.

For the mock, I appreciate all insightfull feedback and will give + rep for it. Please let me know what team, and why. The order was done by the first team that came into my head, and my "crystal ball" prediciton of the play-offs and superbowl, the whole thing took 5 minutes, I tried to make the play-offs make sense at least, but the order and what team blah, blah, blah, I did not put much thought into. I included a prospect "potential" grade, just a thought at this point of where they could end up. Its early, I know... Anyways, enjoy, rip it up ;)

2013 NFL Mock Draft
Round 1

1 – Indianapolis – Keenan Allen (WR – California)
If Allen can prove to be the receiver I believe he can be drawing the majority of the defenses attention this year, he can come into the 2013 draft as the #1 receiver. I do not expect spring ankle surgery to have much of an affect on him coming off a 98 catch season. Allen is a hands catcher, with excellent body control, he gets in and out of his breaks very well and smoothly, has a good feel for the game, and has the physical skill set to be a #1 wide out in the NFL. Allen is an ideal target for Luck, and perfect complement to Fleener and Allen from this past year’s draft class.
Potential: Top 5
2 – Jacksonville – Tyler Wilson (QB – Arkansas)
If Jacksonville is picking this high, it is because Blaine Gabbert officially has “TES” (Trent Edwards Syndrome) and it is time to move on at the quarterback spot. Wilson is my #1 QB heading into the 2012 college season. He is as tough as any quarterback prospect I can think of, will stand in the pocket deliver an accurate strike knowing he is going to get floored and pop back up. Wilson makes smart decisions, is accurate and has a strong arm. Everything I have read and heard about him leads me to believe that he has the desire to get better, and will to do what it takes to be successful. Some minor technique issues can be easily cleaned up, and pre-snap recognition improved over the course of last season and should continue to improve. Returning to school for another year was the right decision, although I think he ends up as a top 10 pick in 2012 had he come out.
Potential: #1 Pick
3 – St. Louis – David Amerson (CB – N.C. St.)
Amerson led the country as a sophomore with 13 interceptions last year, and that did not happen by accident, neither did the 18 pass breakups. Ball-Hawking, physically gifted all around talents like this do not come by often, and Amerson can match up with any wide out in the league and make them earn any ball they catch. Amerson is not a burner, but has fluid hips to turn and run, and has excellent closing/recovery speed. I expect his production to go down, as teams would just be flat out stupid to test Amerson next year, but the talent is undeniable, and he is capable of making receivers disappear.
4 – Cleveland – Star Lotulelei (DT – Utah)
Star has the tools to be exactly that at the next level. Lotulelei can hold down the P.O.A. and has the ability to get after the quarterback and penetrate into the backfield. Quick off the snap, great hustle in persuit, very good strength and athleticism. Lotulelei is not N. Suh, but if he gets stronger, could be close in terms of overall ability.
5 – Minnesota – Robert Woods (WR – U.S.C.)
Woods has been an extremely productive receiver at the college level, his ability to separate and suddenness in and out of his breaks, along with his very good speed and route running make him a threat to do something special every play. Woods reliance on his athletic ability, as well as his current size limitation concerns me at the next level, and his inability to beat the jam at the next level will throw his timing off. Despite some of the limitations physically, Woods is a dynamic prospect, who has game-breaking qualities. If Woods can add some weight and keep his athleticism, speed and quickness, there is no reason he could not go higher than this.
6 – Tampa Bay – Johnthan Banks (CB – Miss. St.)
Had Banks come out for the 2012 draft, I think he would have been the 2nd cornerback taken, and challenged Morris Claiborne for the first as well. Capable of competing snap in and snap out against bigger NFL receivers, Banks has fluid hips for a six footer, can pick it off, or knock it away in coverage, is a solid run supporter and capable blitzer off the edge. Banks can play both man and zone coverage, capable of shutting down one side of the field.
Potential: Top 10
7 – Miami – William Gholston (DE – Michigan St.)
Catch the Outback Bowl this past bowl season? Gholston was dominate against Georgia, to the tune of 7 tackles, 5 for a loss, 2 sacks and a fumble recovery. His response to the punching incident against Michigan was enough for me to believe he learned from it, and it will not happen again. Gholston is still developing, getting better and is continually learning. If Gholston continues to dominate all competition, and ascend like I think he will, he could challenge the very top of the draft.
8 – St. Louis (via. Washington) – Luke Joeckel (LT – Texas A& M)
Joeckel is a dominate type run blocker, who has the physical skill set to build on his continued improvement in pass protection this season. Good arm length, bend and hand usage are a solid base to continue to improve upon his pass protection. Joeckel could see his stock sky rocket with another progressive season under his belt, and be the blindside protector Sam Bradford has to have, and probably wishes the Rams already had.
9 – Oakland – Logan Thomas (QB – Va. Tech.)
Thomas has a “big boy” NFL body, having Newton/Big Ben qualities moving around in and out of the pocket. He displays touch when needed, can make any throw on the move, has a very strong arm, and displays accuracy, especially when he is in rhythm. Thomas still has room to grow as pocket passer, but the sky is the limit with him. Thomas does need work finding his secondary targets, scanning the entire field, and developing more of a feel for the play as it progresses. Should Thomas progress this season with his footwork, feel for the game and as a pocket passer, he could fetch a kings ransom for a team looking to move up similarly to what St. Louis obtained from Washington for RG3. He could also be solid gold for a team ending up with the #1 pick similarly to the Colts with Andrew Luck.
10 – Seattle – Matt Barkley (QB – U.S.C.)
Plenty of draftniks and NFL folk have Barkley as the #1 quarterback heading 2013 NFL draft pre-season, and with good reason. He comes from a pro-style offense, can audible and read defenses, has progressed every year since starting as a freshman, leads his receivers allowing them to YAC with his impressive accuracy and sense of timing, is mechanically sound and gets the best out of his ability, has great pocket presence and feel for the game, and is a great leader with top notch intangibles. Barkley however has his weaknesses. His physical dimensions are less than desired and I worry about him taking a pounding at the NFL level, where he might not have top ten type tackles protecting him and PAC-10/12 defenders coming at him. He can make the throws, but has an average arm and might be limited in terms of offensive style, WCO? Jimmy Clausen’s deep ball, and his “arm talent” is very limited down the field and is not going to win many, if any foot races, although his ability to throw accurately on the move is impressive. I worry about his ability to fit the ball into tight windows at the next level.
11 – Carolina – Johnathon Hankins (DT – Ohio St.)
Hankins is the best defensive lineman to come out of Ohio State in a long, long time. He reminds me of Vince Wilfork. Can play and clog up two gaps, penetrate into the backfield and pressure the quarterback or stop the run play for a loss. Hankins has excellent size and is very athletic for a man his size, and has a ceiling that is very high. He is exactly what Carolina’s defense needs, and has needed for some time now. Hankins is the kind of player who makes those around him better, and could make Luke Kuechly’s true abilities shine.
12 – San Diego – Chris Faulk (LT- L.S.U.)
Faulk has just about every trait one would want in a LT, very good strength, good arm length, athleticism, and natural size. Faulk’s strength should allow him to dominate in the run game, although he does not always do so, but he is still raw in pass protection despite it being a strength of his, but with improved footwork, balance and technique could challenge to be the top tackle off the board in 2013. Protecting Phillip Rivers has to become a priority at some point, right?
13 – Tennessee – Sam Montgomery (OLB/DE – L.S.U.)
Currently Montgomery is too lean to play defensive end for all three downs in the NFL, although I do believe he has the frame to add 20-30 pounds, get stronger and become a three-down contributor, and potentially a three down dominator. Montgomery is long and athletic, with as quick as a first step as there is. Montgomery has elite level physical tools to go with his elite level motor. The only things keeping him out of my top ten and even five at this point is his lack of bulk and strength, affecting his ability to effectively play run defense at the NFL level. Come April or 2013 I would not be surprised to see Montgomery go as high as the top five. Should Montgomery add weight, get stronger and keep his athleticism he could play 4-3 end, and regardless could be a 34 outside linebacker who can make plays in the passing game in any system, with an incredibly high ceiling.
14 – Dallas – Barkevious Mingo (OLB/DE – L.S.U.)
Mingo was the L.S.U. defensive lineman who caught my eye the most often, every game last year. Relentless in pursuit, fast in the short, intermediate and long areas, can turn the corner and close in the pass rush, quick twitch ability to turn on a dime and beat the tackle inside with his lateral agility and speed alone. Long and athletic, I think he is the most athletically gifted prospect in this draft. Needs to learn to use his arms to disengage in the run game more, and I am not sure he will be able to add much more weight or get much stronger. Might be an Aldon Smith type who is best suited to play outside linebacker in a 3-4, although similarly to Montgomery if he can get up to the 260 range and keep his athleticism could fit either defensive front. Mingo is a pass rushing freak, who reminds me a lot of a young Jevon Kearse. Similarly to Montgomery this spot is probably the basement for either prospect in the 2013 draft, and I would not be surprised to see both in the top five come April 2013.
15 – Arizona – Tyler Bray (QB – Tennessee)
At 6’6” Bray has the height, a frame to add weight, which he will need at the next level, and probably need to make it through this season at Tennessee. Fairly solid mechanically, although he needs some help with foot quickness, footwork under pressure, which affects his accuracy, accuracy in general needs to improve, and it should as he improves his technique. When Bray is protected and has time he is a rhythmic passer who reads the defense well and will find his secondary targets and hot reads with accuracy. One of the better deep ball throwers to come out in the draft in a while, and understands how to throw to open spots in zone coverage. Has a good feel for the game offensively, but will pre-determine where he is going with the ball pre-snap too much. Bray can fit the ball into tight windows, but does it too often, and does not scan the whole field, usually only working half the field on any given play. Bray has shown the ability to manipulate safeties and other defenders, and has a good tool set from which to build upon. Bray is the 4th quarterback in this class that I have as a potential top ten pick at this point, and a better option than either Skelton or Kolb in the long and short-intermediate future of the Cardinals.
16 – Denver – Kawann Short (DT – Purdue)
This former basketball (high school) player, is just what the doctor ordered for the Bronco’s who continue to ignore their interior defensive line. As a redshirt freshman Short had two interceptions, demonstrating his athleticism, which in combination with his impressive first step, and ability to anchor and clog up the running lanes make him an effective three down player, who has counter moves when rushing the passer. Shorts most impressive ability might be his strength, as he is hard to move even when double teamed. Having a high football IQ, and team captain just add to his overall ability.
Potential: Top 20
17 – N.Y.J. – T.J. McDonald (FS – U.S.C.)
Watching McDonald the first thing that I noticed was his size, 6-2, 6-3, he looks the part. Then his instincts, he reacts well to the play and puts himself in position to make the play. He plays well in run support, has a good feel for the passing game and will pick the ball off. Offensive players must be aware of McDonald as he is not afraid to come up lay the lumber to anyone. Smart, athletic, McDonald can cover tight ends and play the deep end of the field well. If Mark Barron is a top ten pick, McDonald is a top ten candidate.
18 – Chicago – Manti Te’o (ILB – Notre Dame)
Te’o is always around the ball, although he is not Patrick Willis athletic, he is athletic, has fantactic instincts, and should provide for a smooth transition out of the Urlacher era. Te’o fits the mold for inside linebackers in today’s game, makes plays sideline to sideline, sheds blocks effectively, delivers a blow that offensive players do not forget, and plays like a crazed dog. Good field awareness, rock solid against the run, Te’o is not the strongest pass defender, and will not be a man defender, but is solid dropping into zone defense.
19 – N.Y.G. – Robert Lester (FS – Alabama)
Similarly to T.J. McDonald, Lester has fantastic size, might be a better natural ball hawk, plays the deep field exceptionally well, very smart and heady on the field, flows to the ball naturally, is technically sound in man coverage, athletic enough to cover slot receivers, and has natural hands to make the pick. Lester is not Mark Barron or T.J. McDonald in run support, but better than both in coverage.
20 – Buffalo – Jarvis Jones (OLB – Georgia)
Jones is just an all around beast. Jones is a true football player who plays with passion, and aggression. Jones can do it all, cover, rush the passer and tackle. Scheme flexible and already acclimated to the 3-4. A three down player, who makes plays in any situation. His injury history is the only factor at this point that pushes him down the board.
21– Baltimore – Bacarri Rambo (FS – Georgia)
Despite not being as physically imposing as McDonald or Lester in terms of size, Rambo is every bit the hitter McDonald is, and almost as good in coverage as Lester. Whether or not the infamous “mistaken identity” brownie costs him draft spots remains to be seen, as the “laced brownie” is a new one to me. If Rambo can stay “brownie free” for the next year and keep his nose clean there is no reason he does not go in the first round, where his talent will be a great fit with the Ravens secondary.
22 – Kansas City – Landry Jones (QB – Oklahoma)
Vidae gets his man… T-Rich49 too...
23 – New Orleans – Devin Taylor (DE/OLB – S. Carolina)
A natural 4-3 end, Taylor is a better pure pass rusher than Melvin Ingram, displaying short area quickness, and a high motor. Another tall, lean prospect who needs to add some weight and get stronger to play 4-3 defensive end in the NFL although he could get away with it right now, and has the tools to successful in the NFL in either defensive front.
24 – Atlanta – Wes Horton (DE – U.S.C.)
Horton is already a physical, run stopping defensive end who can hold down the point of attack, set the edge and do what needs to be done in the run game, I expect his pass rushing ability to improve significantly this season and become part of the first round chatter heading into the 2013 draft.
Potential: 1st Round
25 – Cincinnati – Marcus Lattimore (RB – S. Carolina)
The guy is a beast, and before his knee injury looked like he was on the path to the top ten of the 2013 draft. While recovering and strengthening the knee this year, I expect his draft stock to push him into the later part of the first round, and that is only to the Bengals benefit as they land a top ten talent at 25 in this mock.
26 – Detroit – Eric Reid (FS – L.S.U.)
Much of the Lions issues in the secondary have resulted from poor play and injuries to the secondary, particularly at the safety spot. Enter Eric Reid who has been an exceptional center fielder for L.S.U. Reid has leadership qualities that enhance his coverage and run support abilities. Might not be the most athletic of the secondary class, or best in coverage or in run support, but he does everything very well, especially communicate, and the 4th safety of the 2013 class I believe is better than Mark Barron the 7th pick of 2012.
27 – Pittsburgh – Brandon Jenkins (OLB/DE – F.S.U.)
I expect big things from Jenkins this year, and some real growth as a pass rusher. James Harrison is a fine player, but is getting long in the tooth, and historically the Steelers have never had an issue letting a talented player sit and learn (particularly in the run game), then plugging him in, as I expect they would do with Jenkins. Jenkins has gotten bigger and stronger over the last couple years, and has natural pass rush ability.
28 – Philadelphia – D.J. Flunker (LT- Alabama)
A dominate run blocker, Flunker maybe the best run blocker to come out of the draft in years at the tackle spot. His lateral agility and footwork lead me to believe he can be a left tackle in the NFL. I hope Alabama shifts him over to left tackle this year to see what he has got, which I think they will likely do. With Peters blowing out his achillies, then re-injuring it in tragic kitchen accident, getting long in the tooth and Bell having injury concerns of his own, the pipe-line of left tackles from Buffalo has dried up for a couple years. Now the Eagles will have to manage the spot on their own. Flunker has to show growth this season if he expects to go this high, or else he risks falling much lower.
29 – Green Bay – Tony Jefferson (S – Oklahoma)
Having released Nic Colllins the safety spot becomes an immediate need in the 2012-2013 off season, and Jefferson has first round tools, and fits both need and value wise. Extremely athletic, Jefferson has played multiple positions at Oklahoma, and his skill set should shine this year at safety for the Sooners, and help elevate his stock to the late first round.
30 – New England – Justin Hunter (WR – Tennessee)
Hunter is coming back from a knee injury, but has the size, and pre-injury speed that the Patriots need on the perimeter to take their offense back to another level. Hunter could see his stock sky rocket with a good season and challenge the top half of the draft, should he prove the injury is behind him.
31 – Houston – Ricky Wagner (T – Wisconsin)
Strong and physical, with a good football IQ, Wagner is the next Wisconsin tackle to end up in the NFL. An dominating run blocker who drive blocks the opposition 5 yards off the ball regularly, and has made positive strides in pass protection, in which another season should only help. Despite having solid physical characteristics to play left tackle, I think his future in the NFL is at right tackle. Wagner would need to improve his footwork and foot speed to handle speed rushers as a left tackle in my opinion. Wagner could be a pro bowl caliber right tackle, and that would be a great fit for him and the Texans, where his athleticism would be a good match for their zone blocking scheme.
32 – San Francisco – Xavier Rhodes (CB – F.S.U.)
Tall, athletic and talented, Rhodes injury concerns could result in a fall in the draft for him. A full healthy productive season could make him a steal at the end of the first round, and elevate his stock significantly. Rhodes could challenge the top of the draft in this scenario, and when healthy is a playmaker in coverage.

Round 2

33 – Indianapolis – Margus Hunt (DE – S. Methodist)
Size and physical skill set to be the 5 technique of the future for the Colts defense, which they are going to have to start addressing once they get the offense on track.
34 – Jacksonville – Jake Matthews (T – Texas A& M)
Matthews has the skill to play left tackle, but similarly to Tyron Smith, there is a reason he is manning the right side in college. Matthews may or may not be the best tackle on his own team, but for Jacksonville he is a clear upgrade, and allows for flexability along the offensive line.
35 – St. Louis – Knile Davis (RB – Arkansas)
Should Davis end up falling to this spot he would be a steal, similar to S. Jackson falling in the first round. Davis was a monster before his ankle injury, and should he show a full recovery this year, he most likely is a day one pick.
36 – Cleveland – Marquess Wilson (WR – Washington St.)
Another prospect who could easily be a day one pick in the 2013 NFL draft, Wilson needs to add a little more size to his frame. Good production in 2012, against all competition, Wilson is another dynamic receiver who would only enhance the Browns offense.
37 – Minnesota – Kevin Reddick (LB – U.N.C.)
Minnesota needs an answer for their future at inside linebacker, and gets it in the second round, with a potential day one talent.
38 – Tampa Bay – Sean Porter (OLB – Texas A & M)
Porter and Lavonte David would give the Bucs a outstanding set of young linebackers to help instill a new attitude to the defense, and a unique blitzing ability off the edge.
39 – Miami – Cobi Hamilton (WR – Arkansas)
Miami is going to have to address the wide receiver spot at some point… Right? Hamilton should be the big bodied YAC receiver who gives Tannehill a legit #1 type to work with.
40 – Washington – DeMarcus Milliner (CB – Alabama)
Washington is going to have all sorts of issues with their corners and contracts next year, landing a guy like Milliner will help alleviate the situation.
41 – Cincinnati (via. Oakland) – Jackson Jeffcoat (DE – Texas)
1st round talent at defensive end in the second round cannot be a bad pick, could be a steal. Should Jeffcoat build on last year’s production, he likely ends up in the first round, which he already is a strong candidate for.
42 – Seattle – Terrance Williams (WR – Baylor)
Terrance might have been the most talented receiver on the Baylor roster this year, and could help the Seahawks clear out some of the garbage on their roster at that same positon.
43 – Carolina – Oday Aboushi (T – Virginia)
Aboushi is a bit of enigma to me right now, but the talent is there, and the Panthers offensive line at both tackle spots needs some help with regards to the future.
44 – San Diego – Tyrann Mathieu (CB – L.S.U.)
Mathieu is a great college player, will that translate to the NFL? Right now I don’t think so, except in a nickel/dime role. In this mock the Chargers look to upgrade the secondary with the best playmaker available, and A.J. Smith does not care what you or myself thinks about it.
Potential: 2nd Round
45 – Tennessee – Barrett Jones (G/C – Alabama)
The Titans did not address the interior of the offensive line in the 2012 NFL draft and Jones gives them flexabiltiy in the second round of the 2013 draft that they do not pass on.
46 – Dallas – Ray Ray Armstrong (S – Miami)
Dallas did a fantastic job of upgrading the secondary at the corner spots in FA and the draft in 2012, but look to upgrade their safeties in 2013.
47 – Arizona – Alex Okafor (DE/OLB – Texas)
A pure BPA available pick for Arizona, and Okafor would give Arizona a deep outside linebacker rotation to work with.
48 – Denver – Montee Ball (RB – Wisconsin)
Ball and Hillman give the Broncos backfield a bright future.
49 – N.Y.J. – C.J. Mosley (LB – Alabama)
Bart Scott should be gone after next season, maybe should be gone already, but regardless Mosley replace him and help the Jets to continue to fortify their defense.
50 – Chicago – Tyler Eifert (TE – Notre Dame)
Eifert is at the top of a second consecutive weak tight end class, and gives the Bears a legit receiving threat from the tight end spot, and another weapon for Jay Cutler.
51 – N.Y.G. – Dion Jordan (DE – Oregon)
When have the Giants ever been afraid to draft a defensive end? The 2012 season is most likely the end of the road for Osi, and Grant helps keep the rotation going.
52 – Buffalo – E.J. Manual (QB – F.S.U.)
It just makes too much sense to me if he is available, seems like a Nix/Gailey type quarterback, who will have time to develop.
53 – Baltimore – Shane Skov (ILB – Stanford)
“Ed Reed and Ray Lewis just cannot play forever” I have been saying that for what seems like years… I am not alone. Reed will be 34 next year and Lewis 38, they have to be nearing the end of their careers, don’t they?
54 – Kansas City – Bjoern Werner (DE – F.S.U.)
Tyson Jackson kindly agreed to restructure his contract to remain with the Chiefs for another year, Werner allows them to move on from the Jackson era.
55 – New Orleans – Bounty Gate
Fair or unfair? Spygate – Loss of first round pick, no suspension. Bounty Gate – Loss of two second round picks, Coach suspended for year, ILB – Same, multiple other player suspensions up to 8 games. Hmm…
56 – Atlanta – Joseph Fauria (TE – U.C.L.A.)
T-Gonz. Is probably in his last year, and Fauria is hard to miss at 6’8”, and a redzone nightmare.
57 – Cincinnati – Johnny Adams (CB – Michigan St.)
Cincinnati needs some youth at the cornerback position, and Adams is one of the better pure cover corners in this draft.
58 – Detroit – Michael Buchanan (DE – Illinois)
Buchanan gives the Lions an option in the pass rush incase Avril leaves and KGB retires.
59 – Pittsburgh – Kenny Vaccaro (SS – Texas)
Vaccaro has gotten himself caught up in some off the field foolishness lately, and hopefully he gets himself straightened out, as he might be talented enough to go higher than this.
60 – Philadelphia – Carrington Byndom (CB – Texas)
Asante Samual is gone, DRC… Well his desire and internal drive might not be all that strong, so bringing in a corner might quickly become a priority next year for the Eagles.
61 – Green Bay – Khaled Holmes (C – U.S.C.)
Saturday is clearly not a long term solution, and Holmes should be able to contribute right away if needed, and at the least provides the Packers with long term solution.
62 - New England - Bennie Logan (DT - L.S.U.)
Logan next to Wilfork would be scary, and one of the best DT combinations in the league.
63 – Houston – Jonathan Jenkins (NT – Georgia)
Houston’s defense could use a true anchor for their defensive line, and could make their defense even better, speaking of scary thoughts.
64 – San Francisco – Chase Thomas (OLB – Stanford)
How deep is this draft? IMO it has the potential to be the deepest I have seen. Thomas at the end of the second, a steal.

farfromforgotten
05-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Props for doing a two rounder this early. A lot of good names here, but I feel that we all fall into the trap of looking at next years crop of prospects after the draft ends and say "holy crap, next year is going to be insane!" In all reality, some of these guys won't declare for the draft, a handful will get injured, and another handful we'll probably be laughing about... "we thought that guy had 1st rd ability? Lolz" With that out of the way...

Gotta love where my 49ers are picking and can't complain about the value of either player selected. Would be hard to tell what positions would be of "need" at this point, but those could realistically be "BPAs" going by your early mock. Nice job.

Oh, and one more thing. I agree with your QB rankings. I have Wilson #1 and Barkley and Thomas are kind of 2a/2b for me right now. I agree with Allen as the top WR as well and am hoping Hunter can come back and push Woods for the #2 WR spot. Not a knock against Woods, I like him. Just like Allen and Hunter a little more.

vidae
05-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Arghhhhhh, I hate Landry Jones. :(

T-RICH49
05-16-2012, 12:15 PM
so we get a QB...just the crappiest one available

Hines
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Don't hate the pick, but it would be very upsetting to me to see McDonald, Te'o, Rambo, Reid, and Lester going before the Steelers.

Poz51
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Props for doing a two rounder this early. A lot of good names here, but I feel that we all fall into the trap of looking at next years crop of prospects after the draft ends and say "holy crap, next year is going to be insane!" In all reality, some of these guys won't declare for the draft, a handful will get injured, and another handful we'll probably be laughing about... "we thought that guy had 1st rd ability? Lolz" With that out of the way...

Gotta love where my 49ers are picking and can't complain about the value of either player selected. Would be hard to tell what positions would be of "need" at this point, but those could realistically be "BPAs" going by your early mock. Nice job.

Oh, and one more thing. I agree with your QB rankings. I have Wilson #1 and Barkley and Thomas are kind of 2a/2b for me right now. I agree with Allen as the top WR as well and am hoping Hunter can come back and push Woods for the #2 WR spot. Not a knock against Woods, I like him. Just like Allen and Hunter a little more.

Thank you I appreciate it.
I agree with your "trap" theory in general, which is why I like the word potential at this point. I will say that last year my comments were not nearly as endearing as they were last year, at this point, but I hear you...
I also agree that there are so many variables between now and then that LOLz is going to happen looking back at this next April, like I had Lindley, Jones and Foles going in my first post 2011 mock last May, but I also had Luck #1, Gilmore 11th, Kalil going to Minny (at 7), Blackmon top 5, amongst other hits (near hits) and misses. It is also part of the reason I put the Potential grade in. I will say, reiterating that along these lines, I started watching the draft intently around 96, writing up mocks and things slightly after, and this class, at this point gives me the "holy crap/insane talent" excited feeling like none I can remember, I am sure "brownies" will be eaten, and tatoo's barter for, along with numerous other unforseen factors, but I do honestly like this class that much, at this point.
With the 9ers, I liked the value with both those picks, and thought at the given time, could be realistic. I like the 9ers chances alot next year, and think that they have done the things this offseason (perimeter passing wise inparticular) that minus unforseen variables, will enable them to win the title next year.
I like Wilson alot, and think the love will come when NFL film watchers really look into this past season, the cherry will be development he shows this year. Hunter is a guy I just started watching what I could find pre-injury, and like what I have seen so far, his size advantage could be the difference, I am looking forward to seeing what he can do this year, along with Bray and Rogers for UT.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!!

OSUGiants17
05-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Safety is not that big a need unless KP walks in FA which I doubt. Give us Fluker or Wagner round one and Werner round 2.

Abaddon
05-16-2012, 04:50 PM
It would surprise me to see Oakland go QB.

cmd34
05-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Agree with your take on the safeties and agree with a lot of your player assessments.

Hate both Cowboys pick, just hate them. Not impressed with Mingo and don't want another step slow, bad instinct safety. That's just me though.

Overall a good mock. I'd have to find a spot for Alabama NT Jesse Williams in the first 2 rounds, maybe even the 1st round.

Don Vito
05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Justin Hunter and Bennie Logan to the Pats would be amazing

49erNation85
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Love it for SF and us going the distance!

fenikz
05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Would be an amazing draft for AZ but rather unlikely

And at least Trent Edwards had a reason to be afraid of contact, Gabbert is just a *****

yjpANEVexhY

TACKLE
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm not a Browns fan at all but can you please explain the Star pick? I've seen it a couple times and it makes no sense at all to me. They drafted Phil Taylor in the first last year and Rubin is coming off a great year and got a 3-year extension last off season?

For the Ravens, Rambo's an alright pick but I'd cry my eyes dry if we passed on Hunter.

indyfan1985
05-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Horrible draft for the Colts. First, they WONT be drafting 1st overall, bank on it. Getting Luck instantly adds 2 more wins than what they had last year. Plus they actually have an offense now with Luck, Fleener, Allen, Wayne, Collie, and Hilton all for Luck to utilize.

Give then CB David Amerson in the 1st, and either OLB Sean Porter or Alex Okafor in the 2nd to help out their defense.

fischbowl
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Buffalo no longers runs a 3-4, the Jones pick is bollocks

RCAChainGang
05-17-2012, 03:26 AM
The Colts will need a replacement for Wayne in the future, but I just think our first pick would be better utilized on a CB, S, or OLB/DE. I would rather end up with Amerson or Johnathan Banks in the first. Depending on where we pick I would love to see Eric Reid or Robert Lester in the 2nd.

Razor
05-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Justin Hunter and Bennie Logan to the Pats would be amazing

I like it too but I'm not sure if Logan can be the kind of penetrating UT we need next to V-Weasy... Hunter is a favorite of mine but that's mostly based of projection. Marquess Wilson seems like more of a sure pick and has immense upside as well.

Poz51
05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Arghhhhhh, I hate Landry Jones. :(

so we get a QB...just the crappiest one available

I know you do... Sorry, but it makes some sense at this point...
Should his play this year meet his potential this year, he might be one of the best in this draft.
What about Werner?

Poz51
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Don't hate the pick, but it would be very upsetting to me to see McDonald, Te'o, Rambo, Reid, and Lester going before the Steelers.

Lose next year and have your pick ;) I do agree though that they would all be good fits.
What about Vaccaro?

Poz51
05-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Safety is not that big a need unless KP walks in FA which I doubt. Give us Fluker or Wagner round one and Werner round 2.

I would agree that safety is not a big need, but the salary cap this year meant cutting some guys, and having won the super bowl this year, usually has its costs down the road, they were over this year and had to cut, they gotta lock up some other guys, now wether or not KP gets a deal done or not IDK, but I think he could be one of the guys who walks, they already have a good chunk of change tied up in Rolle at safety, and Lester would be a good, talented, cheaper alternative to free up money elsewhere possibly. Thats the assuption I went under (I have no idea what they will do), although alternately Fluker and Wagner would make sense, as would Werner depending on how one values him and Jordan.

Poz51
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
It would surprise me to see Oakland go QB.

Depending on how the season goes, it would and would not myself.
Palmer, I thought should have had the Tommy John surgery years ago, and think his elbow is not right, but I am not a doctor, nor am I Carson Palmer. Just watching him, something seems off, maybe thats it, maybe not, but if they end up in the top tenish area, I think they look toward the future, and I know that they used a 3rd on Pryor, but I never thought of him as a NFL QB, and am working under the assumption that he wont be. Again, I am not close enough to the situation to be in the know, but I dont see him as a NFL QB, I was never convinced he was a good college QB. I humbly eat crow though.
I like Logan Thomas alot right now, and if he can fix some of his flaws this year, and develop, could be a great option for the Raiders or someone else IMO.

Poz51
05-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Agree with your take on the safeties and agree with a lot of your player assessments.

Hate both Cowboys pick, just hate them. Not impressed with Mingo and don't want another step slow, bad instinct safety. That's just me though.

Overall a good mock. I'd have to find a spot for Alabama NT Jesse Williams in the first 2 rounds, maybe even the 1st round.

Give Mingo some time, I watched every L.S.U. game last year, and thought he was the most talented guy in the front 7. I think he'll grow on you, always around the play, and I think he is much better suited for a 3-4 base D. What do you not like about him?
I dont think Armstrongs instincts are bad, nor is he a step slow, but to each there own, I certainly see some issues with him, but think he's an upgrade over the current safeties for the Cowboys. Thats just my opinion though.
I liked the mock for the Boys alot, and I dont like the Boys...
Williams was one of the guys I kept trying to fit in, and just couldnt. That is not to say that he couldnt, because I would agree that he could go as high as the first, I just think this draft has the potential to be that deep...

cmd34
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Give Mingo some time, I watched every L.S.U. game last year, and thought he was the most talented guy in the front 7. I think he'll grow on you, always around the play, and I think he is much better suited for a 3-4 base D. What do you not like about him?
I dont think Armstrongs instincts are bad, nor is he a step slow, but to each there own, I certainly see some issues with him, but think he's an upgrade over the current safeties for the Cowboys. Thats just my opinion though.
I liked the mock for the Boys alot, and I dont like the Boys...
Williams was one of the guys I kept trying to fit in, and just couldnt. That is not to say that he couldnt, because I would agree that he could go as high as the first, I just think this draft has the potential to be that deep...

I know you shouldn't blame a prospect for his school but I have never been impressed with LSU Front 7 players as they transitioned to the NFL, although I tend to love their Secondary players. Another thing is LSU rotates their D Linemen a lot, almost half the game, so I feel like we are not seeing a player who has to slug it out every play and find a way to make plays when they are worn down from a whole game of double teams. I realize the NFL rotates d linemen as well but I want my 1st round picks to be proven players.

You are right that Armstrong being better than the current Cowboys Safeties. Me, you, and D-Unit may be better than the current Safeties. I was high on Armstrong a year ago but didn't like what I saw from him this past season. He guessed wrong too many times and took too many bad angles, which is my exact scouting report/opinion on Gerald Sensabaugh. He has another season to improve and prove me wrong.

derza222
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Fun read. For the Jets' - I'd be good with McDonald in the first. Safety is definitely a need and he's pretty solid from what I've seen, could certainly see him going in that range. But Mosley in the second isn't a great pick. The Jets took Demario Davis in the third round this past year to be Scott's successor. He'll at least play in sub packages this year, and between him and Scott they should be set at that spot. Lots of positions would be better to look at there particularly DE/OLB, RT, G (both starting guards are FA's after the season), RB (Shonn Greene is a FA after the season), and TE (Dustin Keller is a FA after the season).

prock
05-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Love Woods, but I prefer Skov to Reddick personally though. Either way, good positions.

Knicks and Bucs
05-17-2012, 08:59 PM
If Tampa picks top 5 and cant get Amerson. They have to go QB. If they do this awful again then that means Josh Freeman failed.

CJSchneider
05-17-2012, 10:19 PM
I can't complain about the N.O. pick.

SickwithIt1010
05-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Solid picks for the eagles, especially round 1. Hopefully Boykin steps up this year and we dont need to draft a CB.

DeepThreat
05-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Like TACKS said, this Browns pick makes no sense. Cleveland has an excellent DT combo in Taylor and Rubin, and the team just drafted John Hughes in the third.

Poz51
05-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not a Browns fan at all but can you please explain the Star pick? I've seen it a couple times and it makes no sense at all to me. They drafted Phil Taylor in the first last year and Rubin is coming off a great year and got a 3-year extension last off season?

For the Ravens, Rambo's an alright pick but I'd cry my eyes dry if we passed on Hunter.

Like TACKS said, this Browns pick makes no sense. Cleveland has an excellent DT combo in Taylor and Rubin, and the team just drafted John Hughes in the third.

It made sense to me in that with Stars athleticism he could play DE in the base 4-3 giving the Browns a obsurd run front, spell Taylor in pass rushing situations and help save his body, give them flexability in hybrid/3-4 looks, Rubins contract runs out after 2014, Taylor will miss significant time this year (not a joint injury, which is good), so Star provides insurance in the event of Rubin leaving in 2014 (allowing them to also spend FA $$$ else where), or if Taylor starts wearing down. Essentially a future diversity/scheme flexability pick is where I was going, I take no responsability for those other clowns...

I did not take into consideration the Hughes pick, nor that they drafted Billy Winn I believe, so even thought I think Star has the potential to be the best of the lot, I would agree that it does not make alot of sense in that regard, and probably should be changed, but its too early/late for that...

T - As for the Ravens, I love Rambo's fit in that D if his head is screwed on straight, but I think a healthy Hunter would be a nice fit to the offense, IMO I go Rambo, under the thinking that the offense is good enought w/out Hunter to win, were as the defense (should Reed retire) will be hurting more without a quality FS. Thoughts?

thebow305
05-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Cant argue with Gholston, but give Miami Ray Ray in the 2nd please!!

DeepThreat
05-19-2012, 02:45 PM
It made sense to me in that with Stars athleticism he could play DE in the base 4-3 giving the Browns a obsurd run front, spell Taylor in pass rushing situations and help save his body, give them flexability in hybrid/3-4 looks, Rubins contract runs out after 2014, Taylor will miss significant time this year (none joint injury, which is good), so Star provides insurance in the event of Rubin leaving in 2014 (allowing them to also spend FA $$$ else where), or if Taylor starts wearing down. Essentially a future diversity/scheme flexability pick is where I was going, I take no responsability for those other clowns...

You clearly have no knowledge of Dick Jauron's scheme. Defensive tackles take up blockers and defensive ends rush the passer. There is no way Star could play defensive end in Jauron's defense. Teams don't draft guys in the top 10 to maybe replace a 25-year-old in two years.

Poz51
05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
You clearly have no knowledge of Dick Jauron's scheme. Defensive tackles take up blockers and defensive ends rush the passer. There is no way Star could play defensive end in Jauron's defense. Teams don't draft guys in the top 10 to maybe replace a 25-year-old in two years.

I have plenty of knowledge of Dick Jauron's scheme, as well as the lack of flexabilty and inability to think outside the box and adapt to the times, as well as his "simplistic" approach to the game which helped him to somehow maintain his job after 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons in Buffalo, which were some of the most uninspired, boring, losing football I have ever seen. I also know his one dimensional approach to personnel, that led to the Bills reaching on Maybin, and the results that followed. Maybe Jauron is on to something, maybe not.
Have you watched Star play? Seen his first step, or how quickly he gets into the backfield? How disruptive he is? He is drawing comparisons to Holati Ngata for a reason, and that type of flexability is where I was going with the pick, and for drafting a a guy to replace a guy in two years, which will be one after next year, the Giants have drafted dline depth multiple times in the first round, while spending $$ on DT depth for the whole line rotation and it has worked out for them...

I did state:
I did not take into consideration the Hughes pick, nor that they drafted Billy Winn I believe, so even thought I think Star has the potential to be the best of the lot, I would agree that it does not make sense, and probably should be changed, but its too early/late for that...
So in the end your right.

Poz51
05-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Buffalo no longers runs a 3-4, the Jones pick is bollocks

Thanks for the news flash. :waiting:

My point was Jones can do it all on the field, but let me clear it up for you.

Jones is just an all around beast. Jones is a true football player who plays with passion, and aggression (The kind of guy you want on your team). Jones can do it all(play 4-3, 3-4, stay on the field for Hybrid looks and all 3 downs), cover, rush the passer and tackle. Scheme flexible (Can play in any 4-3, 3-4, 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 2-4-5, 46, 4-4-3, Nickel, Dime, Stack, Flex, Goaline, Quarter, Prevent or any hybrid defense) and already acclimated to the 3-4 (Can rush the passer, drop into coverage (i.e. cover tight ends such as Gronk and Hernandez, and backs such as Bush out of the backfield), understand a variety of defenses, or learn a new style and flurish). A three down player, who makes plays in any situation. His injury history is the only factor at this point that pushes him down the board.

I'll add that he can play the strong side in a 4-3 defense, stay on the field for sub-packages and if all of that is bollocks, then its a horrible pick...

Poz51
05-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Horrible draft for the Colts. First, they WONT be drafting 1st overall, bank on it. Getting Luck instantly adds 2 more wins than what they had last year. Plus they actually have an offense now with Luck, Fleener, Allen, Wayne, Collie, and Hilton all for Luck to utilize.

Give then CB David Amerson in the 1st, and either OLB Sean Porter or Alex Okafor in the 2nd to help out their defense.

The order as I said I had not put much thought into, last year I think I had Cincy picking first, Cleveland 4th... Who knows, what if Luck gets hurt? What if I posted the same #1 pick last year at this time, what would you have said? Probably something like this: "Horrible draft for the Colts. First, they WONT be drafting 1st overall, bank on it." followed by Peyton Manning, blah, blah, blah. I can understand the offense being better, but a Rookie QB, 34 year old #1 WR, 2 rookie TE's, a concusion issue in Collie and rookie in the slot, with a converting defense with few, if any pieces does not inspire me, nor would I bank on two more wins with a defense that likely wont be able to stop anyone. I do like what they are building for the long term though.

Seems like a rebuilding team that could likely be picking #1 to me...
Amerson makes sense to me, as would Porter or Okafor depending on how things shake down. Whats wrong with Hunt?

Poz51
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Would be an amazing draft for AZ but rather unlikely

And at least Trent Edwards had a reason to be afraid of contact, Gabbert is just a *****

yjpANEVexhY

Unlikely, but who knows?
You might just be right about Gabbert, maybe he pulls a reverse TES, and gets tougher... Maybe not...

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Fun read. For the Jets' - I'd be good with McDonald in the first. Safety is definitely a need and he's pretty solid from what I've seen, could certainly see him going in that range. But Mosley in the second isn't a great pick. The Jets took Demario Davis in the third round this past year to be Scott's successor. He'll at least play in sub packages this year, and between him and Scott they should be set at that spot. Lots of positions would be better to look at there particularly DE/OLB, RT, G (both starting guards are FA's after the season), RB (Shonn Greene is a FA after the season), and TE (Dustin Keller is a FA after the season).

Thank you for the info on Davis, I was under the impression for some reason that he was going to play OLB. Mosley is a guy I think can do it all, but have not put enought time in on him to say for sure. So I will keep that in mind, as well as the G's, RB and TE being FA's after the season. Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it!

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:18 AM
The Colts will need a replacement for Wayne in the future, but I just think our first pick would be better utilized on a CB, S, or OLB/DE. I would rather end up with Amerson or Johnathan Banks in the first. Depending on where we pick I would love to see Eric Reid or Robert Lester in the 2nd.

I can certainly respect your opinion, and it makes sense. For me, I would build around Luck first and foremost, then concentrate on the defense, IMO Allen rounds out the offense now, and only enhances it in the future. Thats me thought, as Luck with weapons is going to be hard to stop.
The defense however is not looking good, and Amerson would certainly be worthy of the pick IMO, I think the guy is a #1 type talent, top 5 for sure at this point. Banks makes sense, and if they win more this year than I think they will, should be in play, and a S or OLB/DE would make sense as well.
They really can not go wrong in either direction with their switching of defensive scheme, and with the number of holes on the roster in general.
I dont think we'll see either Lester or Reid in the second at this point, but its way to early, and a possibility none the less. What do you think about Margus Hunt?

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:41 AM
I know you shouldn't blame a prospect for his school but I have never been impressed with LSU Front 7 players as they transitioned to the NFL, although I tend to love their Secondary players. Another thing is LSU rotates their D Linemen a lot, almost half the game, so I feel like we are not seeing a player who has to slug it out every play and find a way to make plays when they are worn down from a whole game of double teams. I realize the NFL rotates d linemen as well but I want my 1st round picks to be proven players.

You are right that Armstrong being better than the current Cowboys Safeties. Me, you, and D-Unit may be better than the current Safeties. I was high on Armstrong a year ago but didn't like what I saw from him this past season. He guessed wrong too many times and took too many bad angles, which is my exact scouting report/opinion on Gerald Sensabaugh. He has another season to improve and prove me wrong.

Your view on LSU front 7 players is understandable and IMO justified, usually they end up being solid players, but do not live up to the "hype" in the NFL, where as the secondary players tend to do more so. They rotate a ton, which lends to them tending to be fresh the whole game, not having to show their ability to be the man for a whole game which results in their transitioning issues a bit IMO, as you state as well. I think you will see Mingo on the field more this year from what I have read and heard Miles say. I see Mingo as a Jason Taylor type guy, not going to slug it out with Olineman physically, but use his athleticism and quickness to be disruptive and make plays. I will say this about Mingo, he is just as disruptive in the 4th quarter as he is in the first, wether or not the rotation helps IDK, but playing OLB, in a 3-4 scheme IMO will enhance his abilities with the big boys infront of him taking up blockers, where as in a 4-3 at DE I think he would wear down and be less affective, although capable of being effective still. He will never be a hold down the POA guy.
I have not seen alot of Ray Ray from last season, but will go back and take a closer look and will follow him more closely this year, as you are the second person in as many weeks to say something to the effect of: "I liked him better last year than this year, and he seemed to be guessing instead of reacting instinctually." Taking bad angles as well.

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:46 AM
I like it too but I'm not sure if Logan can be the kind of penetrating UT we need next to V-Weasy... Hunter is a favorite of mine but that's mostly based of projection. Marquess Wilson seems like more of a sure pick and has immense upside as well.

I think Logan is a penetrating UT, hopefully he proves me right this year ;)
The WR group this year has some really good looking prospects this year, Hunter could end up at the top of the list, all depends on how he comes back from his injury. I will say this, I was disappointed in myself for not having Wilson in the first when I looked back at my mock, he could end up in the top ten. But I do think this draft has that kind of potential depth.

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Love Woods, but I prefer Skov to Reddick personally though. Either way, good positions.

I need to put more time in Skov, for some reason what I have seen did not wow me. What in particular do you like more about Skov?

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:55 AM
If Tampa picks top 5 and cant get Amerson. They have to go QB. If they do this awful again then that means Josh Freeman failed.

I think with Winslow looking like he is a gonner, new coach, new personel, transition time in terms of scheme and new coach, and the division it could be a rough year for the Buc's. I think next year, once coach Schiano gets things settled and gets some of the bad apples out is going to be a better year. I am not sure I would pin it all on Freeman if things take a while to develop, although with what they did offensively in the off-season he certainly will take the majority of the heat. Schiano could want his own guy... Of course they could make it work and have a good season.

Poz51
05-22-2012, 07:57 AM
I can't complain about the N.O. pick.

Taylor has a ton of upside, and it will be interesting to see how he performs this year. One of my early boom or bust guys, if he booms, could be something special.

K Train
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
cant compalin about the steelers picks

i think id rather have rhodes and chase thomas, but you got the positions right

Poz51
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
cant compalin about the steelers picks

i think id rather have rhodes and chase thomas, but you got the positions right

That would be a nice combination... I actually like that a little better than what I have, granted Rhodes comes back healthy.

Robcards
05-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Just an fyi, Jets drafted Bart Scott's successor in Demario Davis 3rd round this year, they called him a potential hall of famer already so highly doubt an early round ILB next year. We also drafted 2 safeties of the future so even though Landry and Bell are 1 yr contracts, doubt the 1st round safety. OLB is the obvious pick, or RT.

Poz51
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Solid picks for the eagles, especially round 1. Hopefully Boykin steps up this year and we dont need to draft a CB.

I think Flunker fits the mold, and was an easy pick in this mock. I like Boykins alot, although I think he will be nickel guy primarily for his career, I hope he proves me wrong, and the Eagles do not need to draft a CB.

Poz51
05-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Cant argue with Gholston, but give Miami Ray Ray in the 2nd please!!

Is that the homerism in you, or do you not like Hamilton? I did consider Ray Ray, but felt like WR would be a bigger need with the value being comparable.

Poz51
05-23-2012, 11:38 AM
for denver, i'd hate pissing away high picks in consecutive years on running backs. i don't dislike the first round pick, but i do think te'o would fit in more with what our front office seems to care about right now (i.e. not DT or CB). *shrug*

Understandable... Makes sense with what the front office's recent history of ignoring those positions. I do like the Ball/Hillman backfield alot myself with their balance of strengths, but spending two of the top six picks in back-to-back drafts might not be the best option... Te'o would be a good pick...

Poz51
05-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Just an fyi, Jets drafted Bart Scott's successor in Demario Davis 3rd round this year, they called him a potential hall of famer already so highly doubt an early round ILB next year. We also drafted 2 safeties of the future so even though Landry and Bell are 1 yr contracts, doubt the 1st round safety. OLB is the obvious pick, or RT.

That seems to be the pevelant thought with Davis, who I thought they would put at OLB with his athleticism, so in the respect, Mosley to play ILB would not make alot of sense, although I do think he could play OLB, but I have not put in enough time on him to say with any certainty.
I thought OLB and RT were the obvious picks this year... I would agree that they also make sense heading into next year.
With the success rate of 6th and 7th round picks, at least one I would think is not going to be part of the future, if not both, so IMO with Landry and Bell on one year contracts, a 1st round safety is still in play, but thats just my opinion.

Robcards
05-23-2012, 02:30 PM
We went best defensive player available this past year, I doubt tj will be the best available when the jets pick in 2013. Imo Bush will not work out but I like Antonio Allen a lot, and think he was a steal in the 7th round. Hoping I'm right

Poz51
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
We went best defensive player available this past year, I doubt tj will be the best available when the jets pick in 2013. Imo Bush will not work out but I like Antonio Allen a lot, and think he was a steal in the 7th round. Hoping I'm right

He might not be the best, but as I see it he is better than anyone on the roster at either safety spot in terms of overall ability, and I guess I like him that much. I think he's a better overall prospect than Barron. I like Allen, and would agree that he was a steal in the 7th, but he still needs work in coverage. Who knows, I am sure alot will change between now and then, but should Allen work out, wouldnt a FS still be needed?

imraged
06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I hope Alabama shifts him over to left tackle this year to see what he has got, which I think they will likely do.

I take it you've never heard of Cyrus Kouandjio. Sophomore LT, future top ten pick.

Poz51
06-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I take it you've never heard of Cyrus Kouandjio. Sophomore LT, future top ten pick.

Yeah, I have heard of him, I also heard that he tore his ACL and MCL (http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1321662) last year against Tennessee, and that he and his brother have a knee injury history now. Cyrus has proved next to nothing on the field, other than he cannot stay on the field at this point. He has top type ten talent IMO, but its a little premature IMO to imply that he is a future top ten pick. Could he be? Sure... With some shuffling of the line Flunker to LT, even if it is only until Cyrus is 100% makes sense to me, but that is just my opinion.

jared3
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
The likely favorite to land the no. 1 overall pick will be Jacksonville Jaguars. And they would likely draft QB Matt Barkley, not QB Tyler Wilson.

For the Colts, they will be picking in the top 7 for sure. And they need DEFENSE!

Poz51
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
The likely favorite to land the no. 1 overall pick will be Jacksonville Jaguars. And they would likely draft QB Matt Barkley, not QB Tyler Wilson.

For the Colts, they will be picking in the top 7 for sure. And they need DEFENSE!

So the Jaguars are not likely to be picking second? Whats the difference if you want to nit pick... Were the Colts the likely favorite to land #1 this year at this time? Hindsight not included. What makes Barkley more likely than Wilson in your opinion?

This was an interaction with another Colts fan earlier, what is you opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985

The order as I said I had not put much thought into, last year I think I had Cincy picking first, Cleveland 4th... Who knows, what if Luck gets hurt? What if I posted the same #1 pick last year at this time, what would you have said? Probably something like this: "Horrible draft for the Colts. First, they WONT be drafting 1st overall, bank on it." followed by Peyton Manning, blah, blah, blah. I can understand the offense being better, but a Rookie QB, 34 year old #1 WR, 2 rookie TE's, a concusion issue in Collie and rookie in the slot, with a converting defense with few, if any pieces does not inspire me, nor would I bank on two more wins with a defense that likely wont be able to stop anyone. I do like what they are building for the long term though.

Seems like a rebuilding team that could likely be picking #1 to me...
Amerson makes sense to me, as would Porter or Okafor depending on how things shake down. Whats wrong with Hunt?

imraged
06-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I have heard of him, I also heard that he tore his ACL and MCL (http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1321662) last year against Tennessee, and that he and his brother have a knee injury history now. Cyrus has proved next to nothing on the field, other than he cannot stay on the field at this point. He has top type ten talent IMO, but its a little premature IMO to imply that he is a future top ten pick. Could he be? Sure... With some shuffling of the line Flunker to LT, even if it is only until Cyrus is 100% makes sense to me, but that is just my opinion.

I should've made myself more clear; my point was that the only reason Jones is moving from LT to center in the first place is to get the best 5 on the field (Cyrus apparently being one of those 5 in the coaching staff's opinion). Cyrus played well last year before his injury and obviously has impressed the staff in camp/practice considering he was listed as a co-starter on the depth chart last year.

VikesWookie
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
not a big fan of woods to my vikes. LB in rd 2? sure :)
woods reminds me too much of percy harvin. would his skillset transfer to being an outside the hash threat?

if the colts were to get the 1st pick again, wouldn't it make sense for them to dish it to a team needing the top QB?
thereby securing the extra picks needed to retool around luck...

thank you for not putting seantrel henderson in the first two rounds... based on what he's done (nothing so far), he shouldn't tender anything more than a late round pick. tons of other top prospect linemen have constructed a better resume to date.