PDA

View Full Version : Last day off for a while 2013 mock

Robcards
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Decided to punt my last day off for a while making a pointless 2013 mock. Actually looked at the schedules and mocked a 2012 season to project the draft order. I have Jacksonville as the 5th worst team but their schedule is fairly tough compared to teams like the Colts, Browns, and Rams that I have rated lower. Vikings I assumed a healthy AP, but without AP I think they make a run at the first pick. Obviously the player ranks will move a ton from now but still always fun to do a mock!

2013 mock

1. JAC - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
2.  CLE - Robert Woods - WR - USC
3.  STL (from WAS, good trade!) - Jarvis Jones - DE/OLB - Georgia
4. IND - Barkevious Mingo - DE/OLB - LSU
5. STL - Chris Faulk - LT - LSU
6. SEA- Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee
7. TB - Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
8. MIN - David Amerson - CB - NCST
9. DEN - Marcus Lattimore - HB - South Carolina
10. MIA - Keenan Allen - WR - California
11. CAR - Jackson Jeffcoat - DE - Texas
12. ARI - Luke Joeckel - LT - Texas A &M
13. KC - Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech
14. TEN - Barrett Jones - OG - Alabama
15. OAK - William Gholston - DE - Michigan State
16.  CHI - Jonathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State
17.  BUF - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma
18. PIT - Eric Reid - FS - LSU
19.  ATL - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
20.  NYG - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
21.  SD - Star Lotulelei - NT - Utah
22. NYJ - DJ Fluker - RT - Alabama
23. SF - Johnathan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
24. NO - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
25. BAL - Manti Teo - ILB - Notre Dame
26. CIN - TJ McDonald - S - USC
27. DET - Carrington Byndom - CB - Texas
28. PHI - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
29. HOU - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
30. DAL - Bennie Logan - DL - LSU
31. NE - Marquess Wilson - WR - Washington State
32. GB - Ricky Wagner - LT - Wisconsin

Edit: changed picks 28-31

thebow305
05-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Great Miami pick!

Poz51
05-23-2012, 11:23 AM
17.  BUF - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma
18. PIT - Eric Reid - FS - LSU
21.  SD - Star Lotulelei - NT - Utah
26. CIN - TJ McDonald - S - USC

L. Jones makes sense, I was very high on him last year at this time, and by all accounts he is working with the right people in the offseason to improve. If the work takes, it could pay off big time for him, and that could be a great pick. I could see the Bills taking their QB of the future in the next draft.
I could also see them possibly going with Reid or McDonald with G. Wilson getting a little long in the tooth and with Byrd being a FA at the end of the season, if Wilson gets hurt again, or Byrd is aloud to walk for what ever reason, they would make sense. Star might have too much value to pass on, and even with the depth at DT he would be an BPA that I could potentially not pass on myself.

derza222
05-23-2012, 06:22 PM
No issue whatsoever with the Jets' pick.

T-RICH49
05-23-2012, 06:31 PM
love KC's pick

cmd34
05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Like where Dallas is picking, do not like the player.

Robcards
05-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Like where Dallas is picking, do not like the player.

The wheels were spinning for the last 5 picks, not gonna lie lol

Matthew Jones
05-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I can dig it.

Razor
05-24-2012, 02:43 AM
I can dig it.

I can't. I'll go absolutely nuts if we take that overrated undersized piece of human waste that is Tyrann Mathieu.

Also, John Simon in the first? He's terrible. If he ends up going in the first I'll owe you something. He's small, he's slow of the snap, he can't disengage, he's only effective when working on guards and on counters. He rarely, if ever, beats tackles around the corner. Ideally he would bulk up and play UT, but as a DE he's dime a dozen in the NFL. I like his motor and effort, but there's just too many flaws that are uncorrectable with this guy.

Robcards
05-24-2012, 08:36 AM
I can't. I'll go absolutely nuts if we take that overrated undersized piece of human waste that is Tyrann Mathieu.

Also, John Simon in the first? He's terrible. If he ends up going in the first I'll owe you something. He's small, he's slow of the snap, he can't disengage, he's only effective when working on guards and on counters. He rarely, if ever, beats tackles around the corner. Ideally he would bulk up and play UT, but as a DE he's dime a dozen in the NFL. I like his motor and effort, but there's just too many flaws that are uncorrectable with this guy.

Lol read 2 posts up where I admit that the last 5 picks i ran out of gas. Might switch them up when i get a break later :)

RCAChainGang
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Mingo is a good selection though I feel like Amerson would make more sense.

OSUGiants17
05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Not the biggest fan of Montgomery and with Star on the board he might be a better pick. I think the Giants are a lock to go DL in the first next year barring unforeseen injuries/FAs.